Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Almabase

Almabase is the world's most loved alumni management software. Schools see upto 3x increase in participation within the first year.

Learn more about Almabase

Tyson C.
Tyson C.
Director of Alumni Relations
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Great features, easy to use, fair price"

Comments: The alumni community platform provided by Almabase is helping us connect with alumni who have fallen off our radar. The system facilitates the communication of alumni with one another and encourages alumni to invite their classmates to join the system. Our alumni are able to update their information on the community profile page and then Almabase integrates with our CRM (Raiser's Edge NXT) to update our local alumni records. It has been a wonderful partnership so far and I look forward to seeing where the next several years leads us as we continue to develop this partnership.

Pros: Almabase is a very intuitive platform for alumni community management. The system is easy to use no matter whether you are an end-user or a platform administrator. Creating content pages, events, campaigns, and job postings is a snap as the system leads you through providing the details you need to complete each task. As a former webmaster, I appreciate the ability to go into the code view for content pages so that I can manipulate pages to display according to my personal preferences.

Cons: There is very little to dislike. Being pickey, I can say that the back-end of the platform does not always work the way I would want it to work. However, that is based on my own personal preferences for how I use the system and is not based on how the system was designed to function. For example, If I upload a spreadsheet of names and email addresses so that I can send out email communication to a group of constituents, the system will sometimes overwrite the name I associated with an uploaded email address because someone else (usually a spouse) has used that email address as their email address of record for their alumni community profile. So, Almabase will default to the name associated with the community profile instead of enforcing the name I uploaded with the spreadsheet. So...if I wanted to use the Almabase communication center feature to send a birthday greeting to Jane Doe...I would need to make sure that her spouse, John Doe, is not already using the email address I have on file for Jane as his community profile email address. If that does happen, Almabase will insert "John" into the dynamic first name field of my message instead of using "Jane" that I had associated with the email address in my spreadsheet. This platform-based setting to enforce the first name associated with an email address is my only issue but it is minor when compared with the robust features we enjoy.

Alternatives Considered: Graduway

Reasons for Choosing Almabase: NetCommunity was cost prohibitive and did not offer the robust features that come as a standard part of the Almabase platform.

Switched From: Blackbaud NetCommunity

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: Almabase was a more cost-effective solution and it integrated easily with our CRM. The baseline features offered by Almabase were more robust than those offered by their competitors and they were offered at a price that was more tenable for our budget.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-12
Virginia H.
Virginia H.
Director of Publications and Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-16

"Used to set up an alumni database for our existing and lost alumni"

Comments: It was a useful tool in having all of your alumni information in one area and offered options that we ended up not using.

Pros: The support staff was very helpful in the setup and in addressing any issues that we had. The overall building of the "base" was fairly easy.

Cons: It didn't stand out enough as unique or needed to continue the yearly contract. We ended up using our new web platform to incorporate a signup form and keep alumni up to date.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-16
Cortney C.
General Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-12

"Necessary tool for our small alumni association; especially during COVID-19 era."

Pros: Almabase has been a necessary addition to our alumni association as we seek increased engagement, especially during the COVID-19 era. The ability to bring alumni together on a platform has been ideal and allows for an "exclusive" benefit for our membership. The team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a great help customizing the site to our needs. Our team is small and volunteer, and as someone who is tech-challenged, I was still able to "create" the site with their continued help. The giving pages, recurring donation option, event management and map are some of my favorite features that add tremendous value. Overall we look forward to using this platform as our one-stop-shop for alum and supporters of our Academy.

Cons: -The salesforece integration is not an integration at all. It only communicates basic details, like name and contact info. This was not communicated clearly during our initial conversation regarding our needs. However, the team is in the process of expanding that integration. I'll give a follow-up review once that's completed. - The mobile view is less than desirable, and an app would make this platform so much more valuable as most members are on their phones more than computers—especially when visiting the campus for events. - An e-membership card with a barcode and individual ID, that can be used in a mobile wallet would be a great addition, especially when checking in for events, purchasing items, etc. - Admin rights can be built out a bit more. - Overall the pro's outweigh the cons but will give a follow up review as we are only 5 days into the launch.

Alternatives Considered: YourMembership

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: The customer of the sales team was much better.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-12
Tracy M.
Director of Community Engagement
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-10

"Great for Re-Engaging Alumni"

Comments: Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pros: This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Cons: The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

Alternatives Considered: Graduway

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: Pricing was better, customer service team was much more responsive to our questions and concerns, platform was much easier to navigate.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-10
Theodore C.
Coordinator, Career Services & Alumni Relations
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-15

"This product makes my job easy!"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy this platform. It allows us the opportunity to engage alumni inside of the area and in states and regions outside of the DC Metro area. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a guru when it comes to customer service and he makes everyone's day a bit easier when he's involved.

Pros: I really enjoy the communities feature on the platform and the fact that it is customizable to the needs of the client. We opt for a lot of mentorship and this platform makes that easy.

Cons: There isn't much to dislike about the feature. Sometimes I can forget how to do things, but that's more of a personal issue

Alternatives Considered: 12Twenty

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: Price was a key feature and the demo that Almabase provided was excellent.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-15
Aaron D.
Coordinator for Alumni Relations
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-23

"Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!"

Pros: When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more! Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons: There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-23
Kyle T.
Kyle T.
Director of Alumni Relations
Fund-Raising, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-03

"Almabase Really Helped Our Alumni Association"

Comments: Could not be happier. TO the overall look and ease of the site to the care that the staff offers... there is no better fit for us.

Pros: Almabase is extremely user friendly and easy to manage from a backend perspective. A lot of the site is customizable and the customer support team is always there to work with you through any issues you have. It is also extremely easy to integrate to our database at the school, which was super valuable.

Cons: There's honestly and truly nothin that I dislike. The team at Almabase is always on working on new ways to improve their site, and will even take suggestions when you'd like to see something happen.

Alternatives Considered: 360Alumni and Graduway

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: Overall look, price

• Reviewed on 2020-04-03
Bob Z.
Alumni Officer
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-28

"Easy to use platform both school Admins and alum users"

Comments: Our overall experience with AlmaBase is very favorable and positive. They have been a welcomed addition and partner to our school.

Pros: As a member of the Advancement team capturing correct data is critical and it is something I feel the site does really well. It then transitions pretty seamlessly into our primary database. A special word of thanks to our Almabase Service rep Krishna Kant. He is terrific and so easy to work with. He makes himself available frequently, and if for some reason is unavailable, always lines up additional support staff for us.

Cons: Not many complaints at all. The prebuilt fields may not be appropriate but I feel they are easily amended.
I feel the product is easy to work with and when adjustments to filters need to be made it is easily managed and executed.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-28
Joanna K.
Alumni Relations Office
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-18

"A great alumni management tool with an amazing support team"

Pros: I love that this software is able to integrate with LinkedIn and Facebook to automatically capture alumni updates. Also that mailing lists are dynamic and change accordingly when an update is made to the profiles. It automates so many things and that takes the hassle out of the administration of the alumni office so that we can focus on actually engaging with alumni. The event management module is especially helpful in managing RSVPs. The support team has also been very gracious and patient with a non-technical person such as myself and taken the trouble to explain each function thoroughly. They are always ready to help.

Cons: For a more technically proficient user, it may be good if more of the customization such as changing fields and even uploading new batches of alumni data could be left to the institution themselves to handle. But for those who may not be technical, the fact that the support team handles this can be a great relief, as it is to me.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-18
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-10

"Great platform for NASA internship alumni"

Pros: Almabase has provided us with a great platform for hosting our NASA internship alumni network and database. Our students like that they can update their own profiles, communicate with their class, and network with alumni in different classes. We like that we can conveniently communicate with all of our alumni and keep track of their accomplishments. Also, Almabase staff responds really quickly to any questions or issues that have come up.

Cons: We don't really have any complaints so far!

• Reviewed on 2020-08-10
Danielle D.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-27

"Great Product, Great Service"

Comments: We use Almabase as our primary means to communicate with our alumni. We also pitch it to our alumni as a way for them to find one another and engage on their own. Every week through Almabase we send 1-4 emails to various alumni and have at least one event registration active. These areas are the ones we use the most, and Almabase has been great.

Pros: Almabase is user-friendly, easy to learn, and the customer success team is always quick to help us with troubleshooting or even adapting the platform based on our needs.

Cons: There are few parts of the event module that work fine but could be more convenient, but Almabase is already working on adjusting these. Honestly, any issue we have is quickly looked at and updated, and we so appreciate their willingness to adjust their platform when necessary!

• Reviewed on 2019-02-27
Melissa D.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-31

"Interactive Platform Promotes Alumni Engagement"

Pros: Almabase provides numerous ways to engage with program alumni, including email campaigns, interactive communities, donor campaigns, career opportunity boards, and more. These options allow us to create a tailored, meaningful experience for over 9,000 alumni from 165+ countries.

Cons: We would like to see an integrative app where students can directly chat with each other (similar to WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger).

• Reviewed on 2020-03-31
Srinath P.
PhD researcher
  • Reviewed on 2014-12-29

"Networking tool for new age alumni"

Comments: As the world is increasingly becoming connected, by ever changing communication technologies, staying connected with those who matter has also become important; "those who matter" are also changing as rapidly as anything else. In this context, the platform created by Almabase to reach out to your fellow alumni is a decisive resource. Examples that I liked so far are:
Advertising the job postings to the right audience.
Finding aptly qualified alumni in your surroundings, far away from ones own place of origin, who can empathise with your background, to seek advice on a range of things.
These are only initial examples-with limitless creative ways yet to be envisioned and exploited. Apart from the concept, almabase excels technically, in providing an effortless, user friendly interface with minimal intervention on the part of user. Its artificial intelligence based algorithms ensure that publicly available information is automatically updated making it very reliable.

• Reviewed on 2014-12-29
Alex P.
Director of Annual Giving
Fund-Raising, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-14

"Great do-it-all product"

Comments: For a small shop like ours, a product that could do it all for online alumni engagement and giving and at an affordable price was critical and Almabase provided that. The customer service team has been helpful and the organization seems well run and communicative between the sales team, client success managers, and engineers/product team.

Pros: Out team appreciates the diversity of the features of Almabase - it includes alumni communities, alumni database, a mentoring platform, giving platform, event management, and much more. Many other products just did one or two of these well, but almabase has it all.

Cons: Since we are trying to get the product to work for us in multiple ways and Almabase seems to be adding features frequently, there have been some growing pains with the product such as outages or bugs, but these have been minimal and the benefits outweigh the costs.

Alternatives Considered: 360Alumni and Graduway

Reasons for Switching to Almabase: The price to features ratio leaned heavily in Almabase's favor.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-14
Thomas F.
Director of Annual Giving
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-28

"Fantastic Experience working with Almabase!"

Pros: The functionality and user interface really brought Almabase to our attention. Since joining them we've been able to expand our annual appeals, alumni engagement, expand our parent auxiliary groups, but most importantly it has streamlined our communications and given us the ability to continue providing value to our alumni.

Cons: There are many incredible features included in the Almabase software, but one thing that could be improved is the customization of the community admin rights. Having a large class rep program at the school it is vital that our reps can communicate effectively with their classmates. Right now giving someone community admin rights gives them full rights to the communication center. It would be great to be able to limit this to just the person's class and a specific list of email templates. This would help both the site admin and the community admin.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-28
Vamsee D.
Student
  • Reviewed on 2014-12-23

"A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater"

Comments: IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon. The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date. This is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point software which does what it says - "Alumni Management". There are no other strings attached. With the graph search(remember the facebook searches which go like "Who are my friends studying in California and are single?") and the various filtering criteria available, looking up for someone from my college is just a breeze. Also, masking of personal email ids put my fears of spamming to rest. The newsletter I receive from my college admins every month through this portal, brings a wide smile across my face along with a flurry of memories.
Well, the depth to which this software goes in finding the alumni is also pretty excellent. I was amazed to find alumni from even the early 1960s.
Also, at my post grad, I got an opportunity to be part of the audience where AlmaBase was pitching. Boy was I surprised !!
<Tech Alert>
They implemented Machine Learning which took some seed data of alumni and used that to pull the details of other Alumni from Social Network spaces.
Also, the ease with which the alumni site can be customized is very good. Supported by a strong back end, the majority of look and feel is made up of pluggable components. It's totally up to you to decide how your alumni site would look like.
</TechAlert> In short, having a strong alumni base is a low hanging fruit ignored by most colleges and this software solves the problem spot on. I do not see any major shortcomings, except that I wonder how'd they support the product with the size of the team they presently have. P.S: The total time they usually take to get the site up and running is around 7 days which is pretty cool !! :D

• Reviewed on 2014-12-23
Calvin C.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-24

"Best value for money alumni platform out there!"

Comments: This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money.
Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pros: -It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service.
-Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments.
-The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost.
-The customer service is very responsive.

Cons: -Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on.
-Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-24
Matthew N.
Alumni Coordinator
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-21

"Amazing Product & Company!"

Comments: Easy. The people that I have spoken with at Almabase are easy to talk to and very understanding.

Pros: Almabase has made a very simple and great looking product. The company will go out of their way to help me understand what it is that I need to know to set up a page, event page, or a fundraising campaign. When I contact Almabase, I usually receive a response within an hour of reaching out to them. They even sent a representative to our school to demonstrate to our alumni how easy it is to use their product.

Cons: There really is nothing I can say negative about the product or the company.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-21
Kate F.
Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-28

"Almabase Support is Key"

Comments: Almabase's team, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular, have been great to work with!

Pros: The support team was my favorite part of Almabase. Whenever I had a question, whether conceptual or technical, their team would reply quickly, send support resources, and were very willing to set up time to meet virtually, to review processes. It made me feel less alone in the administration process.

Cons: My least favorite part of the software was more that it was not the right fit ultimately for my organization's alumni needs. It seems like it would be a good solution for those with a more traditional alumni base (i.e. those looking for a place for alumni to post content and fundraise).

• Reviewed on 2020-01-28
Alexandra G.
Development Director
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-03

"Outstanding!"

Comments: Our team evaluated several networking platforms before trying Almabase. Since our initial inquiry with Almabase about their product, we have been nothing but pleased. The customer service has been outstanding throughout all stages of our project, from helping us understand the platform, it's functions and benefits, setting up a pilot site for us to actually use and test the model, and throughout the implementation process. All was done extremely efficiently, and ahead of our projected time frame. All of our questions have been answered clearly and quickly. The changes we've requested to our site to personalize it to our needs (we are a high school--not a college) have also been addressed in the same manner. Since we are still learning about and understanding the product ourselves, we regularly reach out to our Almabase support contact who never fails to help immediately. We are thrilled with our decision to use Almabase!

Pros: Customer service, ease of use.

Cons: The price, though reasonable, may be a stumbling block to smaller organizations, like ours. We are hoping the success of the product will help support our funding request.

by Almabase on 2016-10-03

Thank you so much!

• Reviewed on 2016-10-03
Lisa J.
Advancement Associate
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-08

"Great Product!"

Comments: The overall experience has been great! We love the product and the Almabase team has been there every step of the way to help us get the most from the product. I would definitely recommend this software to other schools.

Pros: The Almabase platform is fairly easy to use for a non-technical person. It is a great way to quickly be able to connect with your alumni base. The team at Almabase is fantastic. Their customer service is second to none!

Cons: We just recently found that we could not set up a pledge form where users could set up reoccurring gifts, however, I am sure it is only a matter of time before the team adds this functionality to the product.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-08
Katy H.
Advancement Officer
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-06

"Integration and Installation of Almabase"

Comments: We are able to connect our alums with each other along with updating our database at the same time. The customer service is the real highlight of this product along with their ability to listen to my comments and suggestions to make the tool more responsive to our needs. As they grow and mature this will also become a really awesome tool.

Pros: The search ability for alums across the world to connect with each other along with the ability for it to integrate with our Raisers Edge database.

Cons: There is nothing that we truly like least but there are sometimes limited options for customization.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-06
Robin J.
Director of Advancement
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-07-15

"Almabase is AMAZING!"

Pros: Almabase was so easy to use and the customer support by Krishna was exceptional! Loved using this for campaign during Covid and makes it easy to reach alumni everywhere.

Cons: There was nothing we did not like about almabase.

• Reviewed on 2021-07-15
Communications Assistant
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-14

"Almabase has been an incredible asset to our alumni mission and vision."

Comments: A connected and engaged alumni database!

Pros: Almabase's team and their support is always quick, efficient, and the features that the team rolls out continue to improve both the user and admin experience. They are dedicated to the customer and their product to provide the best possible experience and continuously improve.

Cons: Some bugs were found by our team that probably should have been resolved in the site-build, but the support team was quick and ready to resolve them after the discovery of said issues.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-14
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Alumni Relations
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-03

"Excellent from start to finish"

Comments: Much improved alumni engagement, donations, online event bookings and a great platform to showcase our amazing people.

Pros: It's easy to use, intuitive and looks great. It's packed with really great features that you didn't even know you needed - the team are great at taking feedback from current clients and developing new features ahead of the curve.

Cons: Not much! Everything is easy to navigate and there are great help guides when you get stuck. There was also a useful onboarding checklist to help us get started.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-03