• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.8 /5

About Almabase

Almabase is the world's most loved alumni management software. Schools see upto 3x increase in participation within the first year.

Learn more about Almabase

Tyson C.
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Great features, easy to use, fair price"

Comments: The alumni community platform provided by Almabase is helping us connect with alumni who have fallen off our radar. The system facilitates the communication of alumni with one another and encourages alumni to invite their classmates to join the system. Our alumni are able to update their information on the community profile page and then Almabase integrates with our CRM (Raiser's Edge NXT) to update our local alumni records. It has been a wonderful partnership so far and I look forward to seeing where the next several years leads us as we continue to develop this partnership.

Pros: Almabase is a very intuitive platform for alumni community management. The system is easy to use no matter whether you are an end-user or a platform administrator. Creating content pages, events, campaigns, and job postings is a snap as the system leads you through providing the details you need to complete each task. As a former webmaster, I appreciate the ability to go into the code view for content pages so that I can manipulate pages to display according to my personal preferences.

Cons: There is very little to dislike. Being pickey, I can say that the back-end of the platform does not always work the way I would want it to work. However, that is based on my own personal preferences for how I use the system and is not based on how the system was designed to function. For example, If I upload a spreadsheet of names and email addresses so that I can send out email communication to a group of constituents, the system will sometimes overwrite the name I associated with an uploaded email address because someone else (usually a spouse) has used that email address as their email address of record for their alumni community profile. So, Almabase will default to the name associated with the community profile instead of enforcing the name I uploaded with the spreadsheet. So...if I wanted to use the Almabase communication center feature to send a birthday greeting to Jane Doe...I would need to make sure that her spouse, John Doe, is not already using the email address I have on file for Jane as his community profile email address. If that does happen, Almabase will insert "John" into the dynamic first name field of my message instead of using "Jane" that I had associated with the email address in my spreadsheet. This platform-based setting to enforce the first name associated with an email address is my only issue but it is minor when compared with the robust features we enjoy.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-12
Virginia H.
Director of Publications and Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-16

"Used to set up an alumni database for our existing and lost alumni"

Comments: It was a useful tool in having all of your alumni information in one area and offered options that we ended up not using.

Pros: The support staff was very helpful in the setup and in addressing any issues that we had. The overall building of the "base" was fairly easy.

Cons: It didn't stand out enough as unique or needed to continue the yearly contract. We ended up using our new web platform to incorporate a signup form and keep alumni up to date.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-16
Cortney C.
General Vice President
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-12

"Necessary tool for our small alumni association; especially during COVID-19 era."

Pros: Almabase has been a necessary addition to our alumni association as we seek increased engagement, especially during the COVID-19 era. The ability to bring alumni together on a platform has been ideal and allows for an "exclusive" benefit for our membership. The team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a great help customizing the site to our needs. Our team is small and volunteer, and as someone who is tech-challenged, I was still able to "create" the site with their continued help. The giving pages, recurring donation option, event management and map are some of my favorite features that add tremendous value. Overall we look forward to using this platform as our one-stop-shop for alum and supporters of our Academy.

Cons: -The salesforece integration is not an integration at all. It only communicates basic details, like name and contact info. This was not communicated clearly during our initial conversation regarding our needs. However, the team is in the process of expanding that integration. I'll give a follow-up review once that's completed. - The mobile view is less than desirable, and an app would make this platform so much more valuable as most members are on their phones more than computers—especially when visiting the campus for events. - An e-membership card with a barcode and individual ID, that can be used in a mobile wallet would be a great addition, especially when checking in for events, purchasing items, etc. - Admin rights can be built out a bit more. - Overall the pro's outweigh the cons but will give a follow up review as we are only 5 days into the launch.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-12
Tracy M.
Director of Community Engagement
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-10

"Great for Re-Engaging Alumni"

Comments: Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pros: This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Cons: The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-10
Theodore C.
Coordinator, Career Services & Alumni Relations
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-15

"This product makes my job easy!"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy this platform. It allows us the opportunity to engage alumni inside of the area and in states and regions outside of the DC Metro area. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a guru when it comes to customer service and he makes everyone's day a bit easier when he's involved.

Pros: I really enjoy the communities feature on the platform and the fact that it is customizable to the needs of the client. We opt for a lot of mentorship and this platform makes that easy.

Cons: There isn't much to dislike about the feature. Sometimes I can forget how to do things, but that's more of a personal issue

• Reviewed on 2021-01-15
Aaron D.
Coordinator for Alumni Relations
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-23

"Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!"

Pros: When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more! Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons: There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-23
Kyle T.
Fund-Raising, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-03

"Almabase Really Helped Our Alumni Association"

Comments: Could not be happier. TO the overall look and ease of the site to the care that the staff offers... there is no better fit for us.

Pros: Almabase is extremely user friendly and easy to manage from a backend perspective. A lot of the site is customizable and the customer support team is always there to work with you through any issues you have. It is also extremely easy to integrate to our database at the school, which was super valuable.

Cons: There's honestly and truly nothin that I dislike. The team at Almabase is always on working on new ways to improve their site, and will even take suggestions when you'd like to see something happen.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-03
Bob Z.
Alumni Officer
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-28

"Easy to use platform both school Admins and alum users"

Comments: Our overall experience with AlmaBase is very favorable and positive. They have been a welcomed addition and partner to our school.

Pros: As a member of the Advancement team capturing correct data is critical and it is something I feel the site does really well. It then transitions pretty seamlessly into our primary database. A special word of thanks to our Almabase Service rep Krishna Kant. He is terrific and so easy to work with. He makes himself available frequently, and if for some reason is unavailable, always lines up additional support staff for us.

Cons: Not many complaints at all. The prebuilt fields may not be appropriate but I feel they are easily amended.
I feel the product is easy to work with and when adjustments to filters need to be made it is easily managed and executed.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-28
Joanna K.
Alumni Relations Office
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-18

"A great alumni management tool with an amazing support team"

Pros: I love that this software is able to integrate with LinkedIn and Facebook to automatically capture alumni updates. Also that mailing lists are dynamic and change accordingly when an update is made to the profiles. It automates so many things and that takes the hassle out of the administration of the alumni office so that we can focus on actually engaging with alumni. The event management module is especially helpful in managing RSVPs. The support team has also been very gracious and patient with a non-technical person such as myself and taken the trouble to explain each function thoroughly. They are always ready to help.

Cons: For a more technically proficient user, it may be good if more of the customization such as changing fields and even uploading new batches of alumni data could be left to the institution themselves to handle. But for those who may not be technical, the fact that the support team handles this can be a great relief, as it is to me.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-18
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-10

"Great platform for NASA internship alumni"

Pros: Almabase has provided us with a great platform for hosting our NASA internship alumni network and database. Our students like that they can update their own profiles, communicate with their class, and network with alumni in different classes. We like that we can conveniently communicate with all of our alumni and keep track of their accomplishments. Also, Almabase staff responds really quickly to any questions or issues that have come up.

Cons: We don't really have any complaints so far!

• Reviewed on 2020-08-10
Danielle D.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-27

"Great Product, Great Service"

Comments: We use Almabase as our primary means to communicate with our alumni. We also pitch it to our alumni as a way for them to find one another and engage on their own. Every week through Almabase we send 1-4 emails to various alumni and have at least one event registration active. These areas are the ones we use the most, and Almabase has been great.

Pros: Almabase is user-friendly, easy to learn, and the customer success team is always quick to help us with troubleshooting or even adapting the platform based on our needs.

Cons: There are few parts of the event module that work fine but could be more convenient, but Almabase is already working on adjusting these. Honestly, any issue we have is quickly looked at and updated, and we so appreciate their willingness to adjust their platform when necessary!

• Reviewed on 2019-02-27
Melissa D.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-31

"Interactive Platform Promotes Alumni Engagement"

Pros: Almabase provides numerous ways to engage with program alumni, including email campaigns, interactive communities, donor campaigns, career opportunity boards, and more. These options allow us to create a tailored, meaningful experience for over 9,000 alumni from 165+ countries.

Cons: We would like to see an integrative app where students can directly chat with each other (similar to WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger).

• Reviewed on 2020-03-31
Srinath P.
PhD researcher
  • Reviewed on 2014-12-29

"Networking tool for new age alumni"

Comments: As the world is increasingly becoming connected, by ever changing communication technologies, staying connected with those who matter has also become important; "those who matter" are also changing as rapidly as anything else. In this context, the platform created by Almabase to reach out to your fellow alumni is a decisive resource. Examples that I liked so far are:
Advertising the job postings to the right audience.
Finding aptly qualified alumni in your surroundings, far away from ones own place of origin, who can empathise with your background, to seek advice on a range of things.
These are only initial examples-with limitless creative ways yet to be envisioned and exploited. Apart from the concept, almabase excels technically, in providing an effortless, user friendly interface with minimal intervention on the part of user. Its artificial intelligence based algorithms ensure that publicly available information is automatically updated making it very reliable.

• Reviewed on 2014-12-29
Kyle B.
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-19

"Almabase provides excellent value for our alumni"

Comments: Almabase is at the center of our alumni strategy. The goal is to provide alumni with a high-quality, tangible benefit to grow their affinity for our school and inspire volunteering, fundraising and more. The Almabase team is great to work with — not only addressing questions and issues quickly, but being a partner in devising our strategies.

Pros: Product itself is super easy to use and the customer service is top-notch. Map feature is impressive and we have received great feedback from our alumni since launching recently. Almabase allows us to provide our alumni with a high-quality experience — keep them in touch, but also giving them networking/career opportunities they desire. The email functionality inside Almabase is so much better than other products like Constant Contact. We can easily segment and send communications by graduating class, location and more. The Engagement Snapshot is also a very useful tool — we can easily see how engaged our alumni are.

Cons: No complaints so far! We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Almabase team so far.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-19
Sherin K.
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-23

"Great Team, Great Service!"

Pros: The platform is easy to use and customizable for our needs. We use the platform extensively for creating events, fundraising pages, creating alumni directory and posting news and updates for alumni. Almabase team provides great service and is always available to answer our queries and helps us navigate through the best options for solving our requirements.

Cons: We have most of the features we look for in an alumni engagement platform. A mobile app would have been a nice addition so members have easy access on their phones.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-23
Jonathon R.
Alumni Relations Officer
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-03

"Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use."

Comments: Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pros: The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data. The site itself has a very clean and modern looking front end, and is very customisable to suit our growing and changing needs. The team at Almabase were extremely helpful, and always available for calls and support. There was a clear path and development strategy provided from the team and they explored all the features we wanted to use so that the software was tailored exactly to our needs. The software is a delight to use, with new updates and features regularly added and is incredibly cost-efficient. It also interacts with most commercially used CRMs should you require a more heavy duty database. I would recommend anyone in this field explores it as a front end to enhance their relationships with users.

Cons: There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-03
Reid F.
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-22

"ONE STOP SHOP!!!"

Pros: The ability to house almost our entire alumni program on one platform has been the most impactful part of using this software. Prior to subscribing to the Almabase services, we had spreadsheets and documents across numerous sites. Now, we have our directory, events, and communication centralized in one place. This has been a game-changer for our program.

Cons: The great thing about any issues we have had is that they are resolved almost immediately. The customer service has been exceptional and the Almabase staff takes the time to reach out to provide best practices and other ideas that similar schools are implementing throughout the year. We appreciate our ongoing relationship with Almabase to positively impact and bring together our alumni.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-22
Andre M.
Assist Admin
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-19

"A very good experience"

Comments: I am very satisfied with Almabase.

Pros: It's very easy to use and the platform is very friendly. The costumer support is very good and fast. They really work together with you. What deliver and provide what they set out to do. If you don't have time, experience, team to work with it is a very good start point in order to connect and engage your alumni network.

Cons: There is no much. One of the things is that the platform is very good but the design is limited in somehow. You cannot change the design and specially, the structure, of the homepage. The changes available right now is the colors, fonts and the header/footer. When they are able to let you free to create your own structure and design of the page, it will be amazing!!

• Reviewed on 2020-05-19
Joe B.
CAO/Director of Advancement
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-29

"Outstanding alumni database and giving day products"

Comments: Great customer service. Took a real interest in our needs. A rep visited with us for several days to see our operations in action and gain a better understanding of our needs.

Pros: The Almabase team provides outstanding customer services.
Alumni database features are similar to products provided by other vendors, but we particularly like Almabase's communication/email features.
Almabase created a day of giving website for us that amplified the results of our day of giving. Over 1000 donors gave close to $250,000 in a 24 hour period. The site handled the giving volume without delay or error and provided instantaneous updates.

Cons: No major concerns, some features we would like to see enhanced - for example, adding the capability to have notices scroll automatically on the site.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-29
Krystal H.
Alumni Relations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-12

"Almabase's Customer Service is Great!"

Comments: With Almabase, we are connecting alumni with each other, with mentors to better their careers, and with jobs/internships with mutual communities.

Pros: Our users want to update their information easily - having the software integrated with our Raiser's Edge database is such a bonus! It allows us to easily and smoothly make updates to our records. The account manager responds to my emails quickly with video tutorials.

Cons: Some features that could be improved are the ability to track unique code links and the "By Resources" page to sort and filter out listings to just show a single letter selected.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-12
Michelle D.
Associate
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-21

"Working with Almabase has been great! We've connected with alumni from all across the country!"

Pros: Almabase software is extremely user friendly and very nicely organized. The platform allows us to connect with Alumni through emails and keep them up to date on current events and activities happening on campus! With the help of Almabase we were able to sell and distribute tickets for our 40th Anniversary Gala which was amazing! There was such a great turn out. Technical support for this software has been exceptional. If we were had any questions or concerns we would received immediate support from Naveen, one of the Almabase representatives. He would explain everything very clearly, and made us aware of new features of the platform. Overall, customer service is truly amazing!

by Almabase on 2017-09-26

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-21
Saige S.
Director of Alumni & Family Relations
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-01

"Fantastic Customer Service"

Comments: Our office consists of 9 total employees with one person (myself) handling all alumni and family relations programming. Almabase has allowed me to work more efficiently and engage more alumni and constituents while I do that. We particular love the event management, giving platform, and email tools.

Pros: Almabase is the perfect solution for our very small alumni and development shop. Their customer service is second to none. They reply so quickly to every inquiry and often adapt to meet the needs of their customers. They are truly focused to making their customers happy.

Cons: At this time there are not features that I would consider "cons"

• Reviewed on 2019-10-01
Tyran O.
National Alumni Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-19

"Universal Alumni Engagment Tool"

Comments: Positive experience, looking forward to seeing the response from our alumni.

Pros: Visually it looks great. It has all the functionality that we needed to do our work with the alumni community. This allows my team to streamline our communication and provides a universal location for our alumni to go for both local and national resources, events, and network. They provided great technical assistance and the rep made himself available whenever I had a question

Cons: We haven't found anything yet. We launch our platform a week ago.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-19
Jonathan P.
Development Officer
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-12

"Almabase is a great tool for alumni associations on a budget"

Comments: Overall, satisfied with the quality of Almabase for the price. Its functional and economical.

Pros: The price of Almabase is very fair for the functionality you receive in return for your alumni platform. It has some great syncing options. For us, it syncs with Raiser's Edge, which is an extreme benefit. We can pull/push data to/from our constituent database and alumni network.

Cons: I felt that the implementation process and training could use a little work. I felt unprepared and not trained enough (as a user and admin) to handle the software.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-12
Andrew C.
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-30

"Attentive Customer Support and Guidance"

Comments: We’re early in the launch of our network, but all the tools are there for us to turn on as we progress.

Pros: The suite of features encompasses the core activities of an alumni network like ours.

Cons: Any challenges with use or navigation have been nicely and quickly addressed out our Customer Success Team, so there isn’t much not to like.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-30