InvGate Service Desk Reviews

4.7 (94) Write a Review!

About InvGate Service Desk

InvGate Service Desk is the solution of choice for organizations looking for a state-of-the-art ITSM solution with lower TCO.

Learn more about InvGate Service Desk

Pros:

Cons:

No Mobile App available for the users Android and IOS.

InvGate Service Desk ratings

4.7
4.7
4.5
4.5

9.2/10

InvGate Service Desk has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 94 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used InvGate Service Desk before?

Andrés Camilo
Andrés Camilo
IT Manager Authorized Distributor at ESET Colombia in Colombia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

This the best Helpdesk cloud based software

Comments: We were a company which, being a provider of IT services, presented many problems associated with the service to our external clients, which is why after defining a strategy for the implementation of a help desk. After evaluating several solutions from the market, we made the decision to use Invgate Servicedesk since in addition to being aligned with ITIL, it allows the implementation of a service table in a quick and friendly way, the reports are quite detailed and the best is the gamification.

Pros:

Currently we are working to relaunch our help desk, because after the good reception of the clients we saw the need to adjust several additional options of the product.

Cons:

No Mobile App available for the users Android and IOS

Greg
Assistant Director of Database Services in
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees

InvGate Service Desk Review

Comments: InvGate is a pretty good product overall. There are a lot of little annoyances, but if they were to fix these, it could be a pretty great product.

Pros:

Affordable Easy to setup Ability to use variables when creating a ticket Ability to add observers and collaborators to a ticket Easy to do things like reassign and escalate

Cons:

No Due Date field unless you use SLAs No ability to delete a comment or edit a comment If you add a comment before selecting Solve (which ultimately closes the ticket), you have to enter your solution again and select Solve for your solution to show up as the resolution If you added a comment to a ticket when the owner has an out of office notification turned on in their email, the out of office email would create a new ticket When printing out a lit of tickets for a user, the font is so small, it's hard to read. Took me a while to come up with a roundabout way to do it so that it was easily readable. Each comment in a ticket doesn't have the day and time the comment was made. You get more general time stamps like "14 hours ago", "2 weeks ago", or "a month ago". Would be useful to know the date and time so that you can tell if something was done at the end of the day or the beginning.

Carlos José
Carlos José
IT Analist in Chile
Import & Export, 201-500 Employees

Help Desk

Comments: In general is the best Help Desk i ever see. We could give more potencial, but is only a matter of time.

Pros:

Easy use for the user. Status of the tickets and who owns them works well. Approvals and confirmations work very well. The Report sistem of the tickets is very strong. The solution's time system provide many information The way to comunicate with user and managers makes a good comunication systema and the record helps to avoid misunderstandings.

Cons:

There are some status that we dont understand The configuration of the help desk and all the managment of tickets can be better Export information of tickets is very dificult The time reports arent the best, we have all in minutes, not hours. So the SLA reports can be better The dashboards are slow to configure, for example backlog tickets can´t be use with filters.

InvGate Response

4 months ago

Thanks for your taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you are finding Service Desk helpful and overall are enjoying your experience working with InvGate. Our Customer Success team will reach out to help you with the issues you bring up.

Cristian
Cristian
IT Manager in Argentina
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Service Desk Invgate

Pros:

It is a visually beautiful tool. The operation is intuitive. It is easy to install and configure

Cons:

it would be missing that the entry of the initial information of the users in the requirements is improved

Alternatives Considered: BMC Helix ITSM and System Center

Reasons for Choosing InvGate Service Desk: a specialized service desk tool was needed

Switched From: JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to InvGate Service Desk: for the relation price and product quality

Windy
Senior Technical Program Manager in Indonesia

Stunningly beautiful yet powerful!

Comments: We wanted a Service Desk solution that is easy to use and yet can accomodate complex workflow, InvGate Service Desk can answer all of these.
I have used ServiceNow & Heat, those products are very verbose in terms of wording. InvGate SD is concise less word but more to usable actions.
I would recommend this highly to other people looking for ITSM solution.

Pros:

- Easy to setup and easy to understand on daily usage, the relations between grouping, help desk and catalog is superb. - Query builder is the one I like most, consistency across the system, you learn once and you can use similar familiar query. - Gamification is fun!

Cons:

Built-in integrations to other platform or service is somewhat rather limited. But workaround for webcall and inbound API is welcome.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Choosing InvGate Service Desk: Too complex, cluttered menu and hurt my eyes.

Switched From: ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Switching to InvGate Service Desk: Too complex, cluttered menu and hurt my eyes.

Brian
Director of IT Support in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Our experience with the InvGate Service Desk has been excellent

Comments: I have been able to simplify many processes for our business and provide one place for our users to communicate with various departments within the business.

Pros:

There are many things that I enjoy but the ability to customize the product to handle whatever situation our business has is a major pro. I have been able to setup tickets and workflows for many different departments within the business that helps simplify processes for them. The gamification process adds a unique experience for our agents and allows for friendly competition. The InvGate service desk also provides a better visual experience for our agents and end users compared with our previous product. It allows the agents to better tell what is happening with a quick view of the dashboards and the tickets assigned to them so they know what they need to work on.

Cons:

I would like to see more built in templates for the badge system including icons that are built in as well. It would also be nice to have multiple views for coins earned for agents rather than the standard 60 days rolling period.

Product Manager in US
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees

Service Desk has made our support manageable

Comments: Despite it not being perfect, Service Desk has changed our support queue from being unmanageable to having everything tracked in one place, with time stamps and a request is never missed. Setup could be easier, but once complete, I would highly recommend this to a company looking to streamline their end-user support.

Pros:

-Very good end-user experience -Never miss a request -Integration with JIRA -Application integration (widgets)

Cons:

-Setup is tedious -Getting the correct permissions for all agents/users is a frustrating experience -Somewhat confined to canned reports with little customization

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to InvGate Service Desk: It integrated with our existing Atlassian Suite

Lori
Manager Desktop Services in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

Service Desk organizes our day.

Comments: I love the fact that the users can create there own tickets, it saves my techs a ton of time. We had an issue with SD removing workstations after an amount of time with no respose, but I was able to change the very quickly with the guidance of Invgate. I like the fact that end users can score the techs tickets. There are many reports available, and customizable. I was easily able to customize the service level agreements.

Pros:

Ease of use and configuration. The product creates ticket automatically from emails and phone calls. Our users can create their own tickets which saves us a ton of time. I was able to setup a few groups so that I could setup different level for service.

Cons:

My tech support users do not have as much access as I would like them to have.

Sr. Stock Plan Analyst in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to Create Ticket, rocky metrics creation

Comments: Service Desk is a good tool that can use some additional tweaking so that it can remain resourceful while flexible like writing an email.

Pros:

I like that the tickets can be designed to be used very simple and you can require any level of detail you'd like from the user. I also like that you can program a search bar for the participant while they are creating a ticket in case they can find the info they are looking. I also like that Service Desk can be integrated with confluence and there is a section in the ticket for the administrator where I can easily reference an article for the client.

Cons:

I think the ticketing system is not as flexible as writing a simple email, and I don't like that when you are responding to a person's request you can't really see their original question while you're typing their answer. Also, running a report of all of the questions is very difficult to do in a clean way, and I have to use a legend of my creation in order to translate the code name of the topics to English names.

IT Manger in US

InvGate is very easy to use for both helpdesk and end users. It doesn't try to be a Swiss army knife

Comments: Organization, problem tracking, time management

Pros:

Its simplicity. In looking at similar software packages I found that there were just too many features, too many things crammed into one software. I also found them to be very inflexible, wanting you to run your help desk their way. Their support has been great.

Cons:

My only problem is that although InvGate supports SSO through Office 365, they do not have an integrated app within MS Azure. Several other service desk software's do and it makes the login by end users seamless. There is little documentation on how to set it up and it took a little trial and error to get it working so that users can click the "Log In with Office 365" button but it would be so much nicer if there was an Azure app so that it could be added to the O365 launch pad and clicking on it took you right into the service desk.

Helpdesk Coordinator in Argentina

Review

Comments: It made our technical support most better than in recent times. We get our clients to have another point of view and level up with tickle self-management

Pros:

Your tracking tickets and SLA. Its essential to achieve your goals.

Cons:

This product contains flaws when it comes to making reports. While it is good, when it comes to extracting a large detailed data report, it throws errors that have not yet been fixed.

Jeffrey
Network & Systems Administrator in US

The most flexible help desk software ever written. If you can think it, it will do it.

Comments: Ease of use. Ability to create multiple help desk divisions to keep service requests separated. One stop for our end. Great product.

Pros:

Ease of use. We developed a short video and within minutes our end users were submitting help desk tickets. I am amazed how much information we can obtain from this software. The triggers and workflows are endless. Invgate support is phenomenal. "No" and "it can't" are not in their vocabulary. New feature development never ends. We have asked and they have created. One of the best choices we have ever made.

Cons:

Active Directory integration is lacking features. I have submitted my ideas and what other programs are doing with AD and the Invgate team is working on it so this won't be a "Con" for long.

Craig
IT Technician in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great value for the money

Comments: We are able to integrate several departments together into one solution and to take care of all of our in-house forms with Invgate.

Pros:

My employer and I reviewed several solutions and none of them combined the level of features with affordability like Invgate. The workflow solution was a game changer for us.

Cons:

Some of the setup could benefit from being a little easier to use. Sometimes when you are setting things up the whole process gets monotonous and could be made a little easier. But you can't argue with the end product.

Igor
Android Developer in Ukraine

I use the Service Desk as a smart bid control

Pros:

The developers of the product support small companies and provide a tariff with a fixed amount of payment, amounting to 10 USD per month, and this is not very suitable for us, because we employ about two dozen people. But for small companies this is undoubtedly a plus. In my work, I mostly use reports and analytics, which are very well designed visually and practical - they are simple, functional and easy to use.

Cons:

The tariff with a fixed amount of payment is calculated for three people. If a team of 4-5 people, and this can be considered small, you need to pay about 100 USD per month, which is too expensive.

Jefe de normas y procesos in Argentina

satisface to use a easy software

Pros:

it is a very easy software to use and configure, adapt to our business needs. provides stability in the ejecution process, the time customer support its satisfactory its is softwate that is kept in constant updates

Cons:

the relationship Price vs Product it's not agreement. the report module its very complicate to use and configure, dara extraction is complicated

Gerardo
Gerardo
Jefe de Infraestructura de Sistemas in Argentina
, 501-1,000 Employees

Very easy to use

Comments: Organize my help desk support

Pros:

Personalization is the best option of this soft. is a tool that is modeled to the extent of the help desk you want to create.

Cons:

In my understanding, the lack of quick search for support tickets by user name that created it, is the biggest flaw in the system

Nikolay
CEO in Ukraine
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Convenient service, which allows solving many tasks at the enterprise

Pros:

This service has many functions and at the same time is easy to install and use. If you do not have any experience with products, it will take 30-40 minutes to install and configure the software. So I'll say that before you a cool service that allows you to set up work processes and accelerate the work in teams, with a minimum of effort and time. I am also happy about the possibility of integration with other programs, for example, Confluence.

Cons:

I think that the only drawback of all such products is their high cost. Otherwise, I did not have any complaints.

Martin
CTO in Argentina
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees

Great solution.

Comments: more control over the user request, more users happy, more business value added.

Pros:

you can add a simple workflow in seconds or a complex one in minutes. is easy put your own process to work. The integration with Active Directory works great.

Cons:

If you want go for a medium complex implementation, you will need consultancy. The setup is easy, the support is fine, but is not enough. More integration with Office 365 will be necessary soon.

Rene
Director of Health Information Management/CIO in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Quick to get started with excellent support. Easy to use with added functionality.

Comments: The tracking and management if service desk requests and updates to the users as to status. Dashboard reports to continually monitor performance. The support for electronic workflows is an bonus feature that has value.

Pros:

The user interface is intuitive for quick adoption. Electronic workflows with forms management allows us to incorporate many business approval processes into a user request.

Cons:

Have not had any issues or complaints that are of any major concern. Possibly more built in dashboard reports to work from that can be quickly adapted rather than start form scratch.

Tim
IT Network Operations Manager in US
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

Very easy to use, nice looking interface.

Pros:

Good looking, simple to use interface. Does everything we need, without being overly complicated. Support is very responsive, and includes our requests in future versions frequently. Our end users really like it, too.

Cons:

Can't think of many cons with Service Desk. Only con I can think of is the licenses are per user and not transferrable to another user.

IT Specialist in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Best Service Desk solution around

Pros:

We have been using it for over a year now, with no issues at all. Everything we wanted from the software, it delivered. Very easy to use, very powerful to fit your needs, and very good customer support.

Cons:

No issues so far. Great assistance from Customer support, very reliable. Sometimes times worked on issues do not update correctly.

Javier
Head of IT department in Argentina
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees

It's a Functional software

Pros:

It's easy to use and practical software to managment IT support.

Cons:

I think is a very complete software, and is good knowledge feature

Jorge
Jorge
Analista de Procesos de Negocio in Mexico
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

Excellent tool end to end

Comments: From negotiation to implementation and support, my experience has been excellent. The tool has exceeded the expectations.

Pros:

Service Desk is an excellent tool end to end. It is a tool of rapid implementation, with a short learning curve and very friendly for the administrator and end user.

Cons:

I honestly do not have any problem with the tool.

Director of Platform Support in US

Great option for collaborative, ITIL-focused ITSM

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Love how easily it let me implement ITIL process and get my team to work together.

Cons:

More thought needs to be put into external-customer systems

Pablo
Pablo
Gerente de Sistemas in Argentina
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Great Helpdesk Software

Comments: Service Desk was always easy to configure, to use and grow. It made our help desk be more efficient, productive, and accountable

Pros:

Easy of use for every user at the company. From experimented to newbies, is the perfect choice to let the helpdesk grow smoothly.

Cons:

Invgate need to think about how to help customers on the kickoff stage.