About TalentLMS

TalentLMS is the LMS built for training success. Easy to manage and a joy to use, teams embrace training from the very first click.

Learn more about TalentLMS

Pros:

Anyone with a little knowledge of LMS functionality can easily set up their school. Love that it integrates easily with Shopify and ZOOM - our two most critical features.

Cons:

All products have limitations and will go thru improvements. My very real concern is there complete lack of empathy with a start-up and poor customer service.

TalentLMS ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.7

9.0/10

TalentLMS has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 469 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TalentLMS before?

Nick
Nick
Product Marketing Specialist in US

Continued improvements

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience. Their support is always helpful and timely, they rarely have service disruptions (despite a massive increase in e-learning following COVID) and they have continued to improve the features of the product.

Pros:

Talent LMS has continued to deploy regular quarterly updates which improve the features and usability of their product. They've maintained affordable pricing along the way, even when large updates have been added to the system. It's really easy for our learners to use and administration and reporting is pretty good.

Cons:

Certification management needs to be improved further. I still haven't quite figured out how we will handle re-certification if requirements differ from the original. It's also not easy to get the certificate ID number, which is important to be able to store the data outside of Talent LMS. Our workaround requires manually loading a PDF preview and taking the ID from the PDF, which is the only place you can embed it natively. Reporting has gotten increasingly better over time but can still use some better cross-object reporting and filtering based on other criteria.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Connect Learning and Skilljar Customer Education

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Better value for money considering all the features. Also was extremely white label and had broad API access which was important to us to integrate into our existing customer systems and portals.

2 years ago

Nick, thanks for your feedback and review! As you mentioned, our team continues to keep improving TalentLMS and our quarterly updates are a result of the feedback we gather from our customers. It's great to hear that you've had a great TalentLMS experience thus far, and we'll keep working hard to ensure things keep on getting even better!

Jade
Learning and Development Supervisor in Philippines
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

TalentLMS is simple to use and will assist your management team in developing an eLearning strategy.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was easy to use and useful for creating our training modules, roadmaps, and progress tracking.

Pros:

The TalentLMS software is simple to use and will assist you in managing learning and development. Our entire company works from home, making it difficult to send updates and trainings to specific employees and assist them in becoming more engaged and knowledgeable about our products and services. We use TalentLMS to create courses, assign them to employees, and track their scores and progress. Very straightforward and efficient.

Cons:

The interface for creating your own courses is basic. It requires significant improvement. There aren't many editing tools. I strongly recommend that you use Canva for your slide, course design and content in order to make everything look pretty, colorful, and engaging.

Alternatives Considered: BizLibrary and Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Pricing and it can be integrated with BambooHR which we use for hiring new employees.

3 weeks ago

Hi Jade, thanks for your insightful and honest review. We're glad you find TalentLMS to be easy to use and manage. Your feedback really means the world to us as we strive to improve TalentLMS. Keep an eye out because some exciting new elements will be coming soon to make your experience on the platform even more enjoyable!

Jay
Jay
Customer Success Manager in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Too basic - lacks flexibility

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Did not have the best experience with this software. We no longer use it.

Pros:

Easy to create courses. Response times were quick.

Cons:

Everything that we wanted to do required a workaround, a hack, or a change to our process.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Learning Manager and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Needed more functionality.

Switched From: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: price.

Quality and Digital Assurance Lead in Trinidad and Tobago
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

TALENT LMS - The best in class

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that it's available on mobile devices and can be easily accessible when you're on the move. The interface is user friendly and it encourages learning. Interaction between learners and the tool are easily tracked and recorded.

Cons:

I have not yet encountered any features that have been unfavorable

Alternatives Considered: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Price. Design. Functionality. User friendly interface

3 weeks ago

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much. You're right about the mobile app, it's a great feature for learners that prefer to take their training on the go!

Jackson
Jackson
Partner in Australia
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

User friendly entry to LMS

Comments: We are looking to commercialise our existing F2F and webinar materials by developing online conent. TalentLMS was by far the best of the systems we trialled to deliver e-commerce training solutions. The features and set-up are intuitive and the customer support has been outstanding.

Pros:

The product offers a range of features to easily commercialise your courses, create content on the platform or import Scorm or other file formats, and incredibly responsive customer support.

Cons:

I have not come across any issues to date - the product was simple to set up and customise, and layout and features are intuitive.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Market, LearningCart, Thinkific and SAP Litmos

Switched From: iSpring Market, LearningCart, Thinkific and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Some other products lacked the flexibility in features that TalentLMS brought to the table. Because of the lack of domain experience, other limited documentation provided by some other systems was a major issue. Finally, the ability to use Scorm content was critical to our selection.

2 years ago

Jackson, thanks for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear that you selected TalentLMS after your extensive research and that you're enjoying the range of features and ease of set-up! Our trusty support team is always on-hand should you need any assistance in the future!

Betsy
OFFICE MANAGER in US
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees

Great tool to automate your staff Training!

Pros:

I like that we do not have to manually advise staff/ providers what trainings they need to take. Once you set it up, the system sends out notifications via email/phone. this lets them log in and train at their own pace. each profile is unique to the staff and they canlog in before their training expires and complete their training. it's absolutely a burden-lifter.

Cons:

Only thing I can say is that the work you put in to do all the training presentations is a headache, but once they are done, you no longer have to worry about them.

Alternatives Considered: HealthStream Learning Center

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: It was less expensive and their website was more easily accessible. I also did not need a demonstration for pricing. it was all there. I love when you don't have to quess at the pricing.

8 months ago

Hi Betsy, thank you for sharing your thoughts on TalentLMS. Transparency is very important to us. That's why all our pricing and features are available on our website. Thanks also for sharing your insights on notifications. We are glad to hear it makes your life easier!

Richard
Richard
Manager in UK
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

A Simple Drag and Drop LMS System

5.0 last month New

Comments: A good all round experience.

Pros:

We provide training courses and needed a learning management system so distribute tests and assignments to students. Talent LMS fits the bill. Its easy to use, has all the functions we currently need and is relatively well priced.

Cons:

Recent subscription changes have removed "branches" from the packages. I would love to see better design options when creating content.

Alternatives Considered: LifterLMS

3 weeks ago

Richard, thanks for your review. We're happy you find TalentLMS to be easy to use and well-priced. We believe everyone should be able to use an LMS, regardless of the size of their company, this is why we have flexible plans which can easily be scaled when needed!

Bridget
Training & Development Specialist in US
Insurance Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Talent LMS

5.0 last month New

Comments: This is a cost concious effective solution that has so many of the bells and whistles of other software for a lot less money.

Pros:

The flexibility to create groups and branches - even set up training for profit and outside use without interfering with our internal use, is so easy and intuitive. It works well with our BizLibrary content and is easy to upload and create courses, automations and notices. It has a vast array of runnable reports for anything you could need. The dashboards are easy to use and the catalogs have different viewing options.

Cons:

I can't use AICC files and they're pretty common with external content builders.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review, Bridget. We're glad to read you find TalentLMS to be flexible and intuitive. We also love hearing how easy it was for your to upload your content onto TalentLMS.

Barry
Assessment Director in United Arab Emirates
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Review of Talent LMS

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

It is comprehensive and very easy to use

Cons:

here is nothing that i did not like about this software

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your nice review, Barry! we're glad to see you're enjoying TalentLMS.

Alyssa
Director of Professional Development in US
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Great platform for creating a basic course structure that fits your training needs

Comments: Overall, TalentLMS has met our needs and allowed us to create a custom online course and expand the reach of our organization's education programs.

Pros:

The product is pretty user-friendly, and if you are struggling with how to do something while creating/editing your course, you can easily find answers to most issues in the knowledge base. I also liked the various types of content that can be added to a course. For example, I've utilized text, PDFs, Microsoft Word documents, images, videos, tests, surveys, web links, and more all in one single course - and I probably haven't even explored half of the available features!

Cons:

Working with a user's course expiration date can sometimes be tricky and could definitely use some improvement. For example, to change the expiration date for a user, logically I would go to the "Users" page, go to the user's courses, and extend the date there. Instead, you have to go to the course page, go to course content, go to course users, and extend it from there. Also, I've found that sometimes you can't extend a user's deadline without resetting their progress for the entire course. I haven't quite figured out why that happens. I also think the navigation on the user's end could use a little clarity. An automated "course tour" would be beneficial.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: An annual subscription to TalentLMS was less than half the cost of an annual Blackboard subscription.

6 months ago

Hi Alyssa, thank you for your insightful review of TalentLMS. We are glad to read that your experience has been a pleasant one and that you've been enjoying the variety of content you can work with on the platform. Regarding user navigation, lots of good think are coming out your way soon, keep an eye out!

Britni
Britni
Business Development Manager in US
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

It meets our needs on a budget

Comments: Overall, it has been a positive service that has allowed us to create a repeatable training process for our organization in an affordable manner.

Pros:

The product is fairly intuitive and user-friendly. I was able to start working with it meaningfully day one without intervention. Where I've needed support, the knowledge base provided a lot of value and where that fell short (rarely), I had fairly quick responses that resolved the issue. It allows me to create content using a variety of methods, upload it, cause for an interactive assessment component with review, and allow info to be allocated on our schedule. I can tailor course schedules to an individual's needs. It is great for developing a repeatable onboarding program as well as updating people as needed. It's great to store all training materials long-term.

Cons:

For the most part, where I've run into issues, I've found that I just need to research the product more as there are ways to achieve what I want. The limitation is primarily within the packages available. It jumps from $59/month for 40 licenses to $129 a month for 100. If my organization needs 43 licenses (which is my current issue), there isn't a way to achieve that without jumping to double the pricing.

10 months ago

Britini, what a great and insightful review! It is fantastic hearing that our knowledge base has helped set up your portal without too much trouble! Regarding plans and user limits, maybe you could look into Active plans ? Active Plans let you register an unlimited number of users. Their pricing is based on the number of different users that login to your portal each month. Those plans come with soft limits. We do not prevent users from logging in if your plan limit has been reached!

Gilbert
Director in UK
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Excellent LMS that is good value for money

Comments: We have been able to move our courses online and provide a very good level of support and care to our students and seeking to expand our course offerings on the platform.

Pros:

The ability to allow students to download courses into the app and study offline.

Cons:

A bit more flexibility in how students are forced to complete courses.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Suite and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Value for money offering by Talent LMS and most importantly the fact that I could evaluate the product for as long as I want and have some courses on for free for as long as I want to effectively test the system without stress or pressure and start paying only when I was ready.

Switched From: iSpring Suite

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Value for money, ease of use and free options.

10 months ago

Gilbert, thank you for sharing your experience using TalentLMS. It's fantastic hearing that the platform allows you to provide online courses to your students while maintaining a good level of support for them.

Lisa
Relate Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great LMS!

Comments: Excellent. Sadly, mid-2021 we switched to a comprehensive Coalition Management System which includes and LMS among other management systems. We are phasing out of TalentLMS and I'm sad! Many features in TalentLMS have spoiled us for other LMS's where features and flexibility are lacking. Our customer support at TalentLMS are phenomenal!

Pros:

TalentLMS is easy to use for learners, instructors, and admin alike. The ability to import not only users to TalentLMS but also to import user changes and assign courses, groups, branches, etc. by import is excellent. The user-interface is top-notch as well. Navigation throughout is smooth and intuitive. Creating course certificates was clunky at first, but compared to other LMS's TalentLMS offers more flexibility. Data and summary graphics are great in TalentLMS, too. A deciding factor for us was also no minimum annual membership. I also must say customer service was great -- both when we had the basic 500-user plan and when we bumped up to the 1000-user plan. Always professional and friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons:

We preferred user registration for courses external to TalentLMS and importing learners as opposed to direct registration by users to a course in TalentLMS. One reason for this was a user creating an account and filling in loads of custom fields only to be told at the end their email/userID already existed in the system. Branches were a bit confusing to learners and others. Certificates being tied to courses without the ability to tie a certificate to a learner was frustrating for us because various learners completing online learning might each have various output for their certificates. We ended up with loads of courses just for the purpose of certificate issuance. Event automation and notifications was somewhat complicated to learn and many an automatic email was sent in error.

10 months ago

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS. We are glad to read you found the user experience on the platform to be a smooth one. We are sad to see you go due to your company's switch to a CMS, but you can trust that TalentLMS and it's top-notch support team will be here for you if you decide to come back to us!

Lorraine
VP, Learning and Development in Australia

My TalentLMS Experience

Comments: From my very first encounter with the TalentLMS team, I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and fantastic customer service! Every question was answered promptly with care and knowledge. Working in TalentLMS is a dream experience in that there are so many online learning resources available. It is so easy and quick to get up and running with it – most intuitive LMS I’ve come across so far. If the answer isn’t online, then a quick email to my customer representative returns a very quick response, and if it is a technical question in nature, it is forwarded to the TalentLMS Technical Support team ASAP for a speedy turnaround time. In my opinion, we couldn’t possibly be happier with any alternative LMS.

Pros:

If I had to select three main reasons why I recommend TalentLMS, they would be: 1) exemplary customer service, 2) intuitive and fun application to work in, which integrated seamlessly with our existing business processes 3) abundance of online resources to leverage from.

Cons:

If I had to select three areas that are not my favourite, I would select 1) it would be so much more beneficial to my creative side if I learned more HTML (you don’t need it, as it has a great editor, but I like to add a little extra sometimes than the editor offers – so I dive into the source code and keep my finger’s crossed :) – but at least I can do that! 2) sometimes there seems to be a minor delay in the group enrollment processes and I cheat and click a convenient button to hurry it along if I need to 3) we have implemented single sign-on and when I want to test a learner’s view rather then my super admin view, I have to log out of all my SSO systems before I can simulate the learner to see their view, so if I could come up with an easier way to be a test user, that might be nice (maybe more experimenting with cache clearing and browser incognito mode might help).

11 months ago

Lorraine, what an insightful review! Thank you so much for sharing yours thoughts and experience with us. It is very interesting and as we strive to improve TalentLMS, your comments really help us. You can be sure that we have passed them on to our developers team and they will look into it. We also love hearing that after thoroughly searching for the best possible LMS to fit your needs, it was TalentLMS that you chose! Thanks!

Training & Communications Manager in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees

Great Service, Great Value - Perfect LMS

Comments: We are able to provide short, customized and basic courses that are easily consumed to our staff... we can make custom assignments and automated learning tracks that lower our administrative burden and allow us to track progress and gather relevant feedback. We have many internal questions to answer, however TLMS has given us the flexibilty to address long-term learning and development needs! The support is really outstanding and they are all very responsive... a great partnership!!

Pros:

It is very easy to create courses and also clones and reuse various units of the courses. Reporting is super easy and effective. The automation and notification features work very well for us and many options to accommodate our needs. The Talent Library is also very helpful for the off-the-shelf content that we need, we don't have to shop around b/c it's all right there!

Cons:

There are times when search for users, courses, or other gets a little complicated only b/c once you click on an item or make a change, the search results are reset. Perhaps there's a way to do this better I don't know, but I mention the critiques and the team at TLMS takes note and passes on to the development team.

11 months ago

You seem to have become a true master at creating and managing courses, Michael! We are super happy to read that you find it easy to use TalentLMS and love hearing about your experience! As per your feedback, you are right, our team heard you and the message was passed on to the development team.

Sophie
Managing Director in France
E-Learning, Self Employed

Very easy and nicely designed LMS with great helpdesk

Comments: TalentLMS allows us to offer a growing range of interactive online courses, with a beautiful design, to various types of organisations, and engage them to keep learning through certifications and gamification. TalentLMS is versatile, very easy to use, which enables us to spend time on course creation, and not on administration, and yet reasonably priced for a SME like a+b=3.

Pros:

Very easy to implement and create courses quickly, very nice design, dashboard and stats are great, Helpdesk very responsive and helpful, super useful to have free account for unlimited time to be able to test the LMS features in and out, reasonable pricing, active users pricing

Cons:

Non-linear course path (scenario) not possible.

Alternatives Considered: JoomlaLMS, WizIQ LMS, Accord LMS, Easygenerator and LatitudeLearning

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Moodle administration was too heavy, updates were not stable (sometimes something which worked did not work any longer), not-cloud based.

Switched From: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Ease of use, ability to test TalentLMS with all features for free for unlimited time, ability to import SCORM, create tests and assignments, certifications, and branches. It was the only LMS that ticked all our needs, including reasonable price.

12 months ago

Sophie thank you for sharing your experience on TalentLMS. It is fantastic hearing that using the platform allows you to offer an ever growing range of interactive and engaging courses to your learners. Of course, knowing that you were able to implement that easily is the cherry on top!

Alejandro
Alejandro
Sales Enablement Director in Argentina

Great platform to get your teams trained!

Comments: So far it's been great. We're already getting feedback from our users (sales people mostly from our customers) and regardless of the quality of the content, their experience compared to our previous platform is already better

Pros:

How easy and simple creating courses and enrolling people really is. I honestly believe that any platform that benefits the user experience is good enough to give it a try but I was blown away by how simple getting things out there was.

Cons:

Customization is a bit hard for beginners like me. This is the first time I'm the admin of a LMS, and they do have a great help / knowledge base system and sometimes I need to do some digging to get to the right answer. Luckily there's a very active community that usually points me in the right direction when I miss some of that help.

Alternatives Considered: Moodle and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: We needed a better customer/end user experience for our learners and TalentLMS is delivering.

Switched From: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: It's ease of setup and use, it's price point and the overall feedback we got from different people we consulted with just made it obvious that was the right platform for our customers and our business size.

last year

Thank you for a very insightful review Alejandro. We love hearing that you find TalentLMS easy and simple. If you ever need extra help, don't doubt in reaching out to our top-notch support team!

Product & Marketing Manager in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Helped us pivot to virtual training as a result of the pandemic

Comments: We previously did the majority of our training in person. As a result of Covid, we switched everything to online learning, both synchronous (with Zoom) and asynchronous. TalentLMS easily connected with Zoom to allow us to do both, depending on the course and the people being trained. And thankfully our users have found it easy to use the platform.

Pros:

TalentLMS is fairly easy for non-technical users to set up and maintain courses. In fact, I've taught many of my colleagues to do so. The process for setting up new courses is pretty straightforward and well documented. While the default process doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, there are some customizations available for those who look under the hood a bit (such as with custom CSS and Javascript).

Cons:

In order to make the software easier for non-technical users, aspects like branding can be challenging to customize. For example, the size restrictions on the logo image are pretty hard to work with. Not only that, they aren't published anywhere (at least not that I could find). I finally contacted their support and was able to have them override the defaults so our logo would look normal. Worth nothing is that because their support is in Europe and I'm on the Pacific Coast of the U.S., it often takes 12 hours or so before I'd hear back. This made working with support take a long time when compared with other similar companies.

last year

Thank you for your review. It is really interesting reading that TalentLMS has met all your requierments to deliver training during Covid times. Be sure that our world-class support team will always be hear to back you up, even if we are not on the same continent and if you need an extra little help, you can always check our knowledge base. https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001246253-Knowledge-Base

Thomas
Data Analyst in Cameroon
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

The ultimate platform for online knowledge dissemination

Comments: Today, after more than a year of using the TalentLMS platform, I have the duty to underline its multiple advantages that it has offered us in terms of digital training of researchers and employees of some companies in the process of data collection and processing. The platform allows to create and manage efficiently multiform online courses (videogrammed, textual or oral courses). With its three interfaces (administrator, trainer and learner), courses can be set up according to the desired options and uploaded according to the objectives set over time. In addition, the TalentLMS platform has a very well-designed and sophisticated interface in terms of course presentation. TalentLMS allows, thanks to its combination with Gotomeeting or Zoom, to provide very high quality videoconferenced courses. In addition, its combination with Salesforce makes it possible to better manage its courses in online sales.

Pros:

Simple, easy and very practical site to use for online training. It is more flexible and more adapted to professional training models for all categories of targets to be trained.

Cons:

We have not yet found any shortcomings in the use of this site for creating digital courses, although the general criticism of this site is that it does not perform well in terms of customisation.

2 years ago

What a great review Thomas, thank you so much! You really made our day. It is amazing to hear that you find TalentLMS flexible and easy to use thanks to its vast array of features. Knowing that you switched to TalentLMS after having tried CrossKnowledge training Learning Suite because we have advanced customisation possibility is a great reward to us!

Sandra
CEO in Switzerland
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and very reliable

Comments: I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros:

I've been using TalentLMS since 2019. The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable. There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months. An app is available so that user can learn offline. Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons:

The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS. There are few individual structuring options.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: LMS was not working properly.

Switched From: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: TalentLMS has more functionality, is less expensive, very stable, easy to use, has an offline app.

2 years ago

Sandra, we are so happy to read that our support team have exceeded your expectations and that thanks to TalentLMS you can offer your products to your customers!!

Ron
Director of Sales Operations in US

Fantastic LMS for the Price

Comments: Overall, I give this LMS five stars. You won't find this many features in an LMS at this price. Trust me, I've tried. TalentLMS support is great too. They are very responsive.

Pros:

TalentLMS provides an abundance of customization options, right down to a customized landing page. The automation and notifications are a big plus and are not usually found at this price point. We were even able to set up a custom domain. I was able to migrate over fifty video courses and tests from our previous LMS within a couple weeks, by myself! TalentLMS has three times the features of our previous LMS for a far more reasonable price. I've been in high tech management for thirty years and this was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons:

The key feature that we're waiting for is the ability to issue a certificate after the completion of a group of courses. We got around this by issuing points for courses completed. When the points hit a certain level, an admin is notified and they manually issue the certificate. Not ideal but our training volume is low enough that this work around is manageable.

Alternatives Considered: Intrepid, iSpring Suite, Adobe Learning Manager, Cornerstone LMS, eFront and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Mindflash kept raising their prices and the feature set wasn't very good. We're a small shop and there wasn't sufficient value for the money.

Switched From: Trakstar Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: TalentLMS just has better features for the price. We don't charge for our training. We provide it to customers and partners for free. Some of the other LMS tools had cool features but, the pricing was way to high for the value.

2 years ago

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Ron! Hearing that choosing TalentLMS has been one of the best decisions you've made in a 30 year career is a nice reminder of why we do what we do here at TalentLMS. Our team is always working to improve the TalentLMS experience, so please do reach out to our support team with any feedback you may have in the future. Cheers!

Director fo Support in UK
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Scalable from Free to Enterprise with support at every step

Comments: We have only been TalentLMS customer’s for a short time but the personal support is. Right from the initial system demo that convinced me and my partners that this was the eLearning platform for us. The fact that we could start for free with support and have the potential to expand to an enterprise-level solution was exactly what we were looking for. The Platform is very intuitive, the initial video tutorials and the in-platform knowledge base are all very concise and helpful. Further. the personal support from a nominated individual that gave us the demonstration has really elevated the service above my expectations. Knowing that, when i hit a problem that i can’t solve, i can email and thet will have a personalised solution that works for me within 24 hours is phenomenal customer service. In less than 2 weeks we have uploaded some of our content and shared with of our partners. The feedback has been that the platform brings our content to life in a way that we simply could not have achieved on our own. We will soon be linking to the e-commerce element and hope to be processing payments early in the new year. We plan to scale very quickly and i know that with the the TalentLMS support team, the technology will not be the barrier to expanding our business. Thanks again and please keep up the excellent support.

Pros:

Loved the usability and time to implement. We are content creators and within a 2 days we have uploaded our content using nearly all of the features. Love the look and feel and simplicity. The different content types keeps it fresh and interesting and keeps learners engaged. As the admin i have great visibility of who is doing what on the system and that is excellent for tracking and audit trail of the learning journey. We provide compliance training so the certification is really important and it is simple to customise your certificates to your brand and words.

Cons:

Sorting out fonts and pasting text into the system can be a little fiddly to start with. That being said the support is excellent and it appears the system is completely customisable. Other WYSIWYG systems i have used at a similar price point simply say 'you can't do that' and you have to accept the limitations. So far, every problem i have encountered or request i have made, has been met with a custom piece of code to paste into system within 24 hours. I did not expect this level of service at $120 a month!

2 years ago

Chris, thank you for your warm words of praise and encouragement for the TalentLMS support team! It's true, they do go above and beyond to provide solutions for customers, wherever possible. We'll be with you every step on the way on your business' growth journey!

Stephanie
President in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Simple-to-use platform for a commercial product

Comments: We are very happy with how Talent LMS has provided such a user friendly platform that has seamlessly facilitated our growth.

Pros:

We have a commercial curriculum product, with thousands of learners from about 100 clients housed on the TalentLMS platform. It effectively supports having each customer isolated in it's own "branch" where they have their own admin and manage their own users. The primary selling points for choosing Talent LMS were the simple UI that requires minimal customer and no learner training, and the mobile app which facilitates learners going through modules offline. The level of customer support has been even better than we anticipated - with one issue we couldn't determine if it was the LMS, Browser or authoring tool that was causing the problem. The team went above and beyond to help us test it to determine causality. Setting up new branches is quick and easy. Bulk import is easy to use. Most of our learners are teenagers who say that they don't even feel like it's "learning" when they use the app. We and our customers love it. When we add large new customers, we have to add seats to our subscription. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our customer service rep has always been helpful and responsive.

Cons:

It would be helpful to have more robust survey functionality - we do have to create "courses" that link to Survey Monkey for some of our learner self assessments (i.e. Questions with two answers: How would you have rated yourself before this program, how do you rate yourself now?). It would also be helpful to be able to create custom learning paths/prerequisites of the same courses by branch without having to duplicate a course. The ability for individuals to self register and purchase courses doesn't function is a way that we can use it.

2 years ago

Seamlessly facilitating your growth - we like the sound of that, Stephanie and at TalentLMS that's whay we're all about! It's fantastic to see that your learners love using the TalentLMS app and it looks like you've mastered all the features of TalentLMS. Thanks for your valued feedback which we have shared with our team. We're happy that you're happy and we'll keep working hard to keep bringing you an even better experience in the future. Thanks for your review!

Siniša
Owner / CEO in Croatia

Versatile, feature-rich and simple to use

Pros:

It's very easy to start creating content and courses. Authoring is very easy and there is not much out there that you cannot use as a lesson unit content - Plain text, HTML text, PDF, Video, Images, Tests, SCORM, flash-object, external resources using iframe, and more. There's even a video conferencing feature. Branches feature enables B2B agencies to use TalentLMS as a multi-tenant e-learning platform for their customers, a feature I was particularly looking for. It has a powerful, fine-grained User Permission system, with users assigned to Group and Branches to easily follow any organizational structure. Another powerful feature is the automation engine allowing you to automate course assignment and user management. HR managers can find also very useful, with course monitoring and powerful reporting tools. There's also a notification system that can alert users of the approaching re-certification due date, which can be handy when compliance is required. Pricing is also something that I've considered and found it to be very fair.

Cons:

Nothing particular except, and this is the case for almost all SAAS platforms, the API is not following the platform's update rate so there are some features missing in API payload that can frustrate you if you're planning to use API for integration or your front-end. For example, you can fetch ILT units but the payload does not contain the information about still available seats, just the capacity. Another example would be the feature that allows some lessons or units to be previewed before purchase, but if you fetch the lesson with API, there is no information on which units are free to preview. The units, in general, have quite limited information that you can display on your front-end using API.

Angie
Registered Nurse Community Trainer/ Owner in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service

Comments: Absolutely a pleasure! I only converted my business over so that I could remain operating in response to the health and safety concerns related to COVID 19. I was absolutely terrified by converting my business over and was not sure how this would work. It has been a business saver! I am not a technical person the support available has been the best.

Pros:

The absolute best customer service- most answers can be found in the help search, however all questions I have had sent via email have either been answered the same day or at the very latest the next day. Quick tracking of what training each "user"- my care providers have completed, documentation, and verification of each of their training, ensuring quality assurance. Training- the ease of creating specific training for each of my careproviders- the ease in creating courses with the flexibility to easily switch from either uploaded video training/ to uploaded documents/ powerpoints- endless possibility to help in the creation of course training. Branch/ group trainings- an excellent feature for a business like mine that supports numerous clients from different agencies this allows you to share course trainings specific to each agency (branch) and each department (groups)

Cons:

I want to be able to have my care providers to repeat their course training annually. The only option available is to either reset their original progress (deletes it) or create all-new courses (clone). I wish there were a way to reassign the course annually. Electronic signature option- there is no option to integrate/ add on- electronic signature to the test. For quality assurance and compliance, I would love that as add on to the tests. Mobile App- is very limited in features, for both user and administrator, which defeats the whole purpose of the mobile ease. The inability to add any content, including a video with the mobile app, is a real bummer. I wish the administrator had the ability to add in a mouse hover or hover infobox- the site is easy to use; however, there are areas this would be greatly beneficial for a new user.

2 years ago

Angie, we're so pleased to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to quickly and easily pivot to training your care providers remotely! Thanks for your feedback which we've shared with our team.