15 years helping Canadian businesses

About NinjaCat

NinjaCat is a digital marketing performance management platform for agencies, media companies, and brands.

Learn more about NinjaCat

Pros:

It makes it easy to see where our budgets and leads stand at a quick glance.

NinjaCat ratings

4.6

8.3/10

NinjaCat has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 89 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NinjaCat before?

Graeme
Graeme
Content Strategist in Canada

Great customer experience and delivered service well worth the cost.

Comments: My marketing agency is able to better manage, visualize, and communicate the effects of our marketing efforts both internally to ensure we are doing what we promised, and well as externally so that the client can easily understand the benefits we offer.

Pros:

It is an all-in-one solution for analytics, KPI monitoring, reporting, and call tracking. It makes visualizing the data across a larger amount of clients and their disparate campaigns easy and helpful.

Cons:

The service is enterprise level, but the costs are at a medium-sized business level which is awesome. That being said, my small agency had a hard time with the total cost and it took some juggling to be able to afford the service.

Jeremy
Sr. Paid Search Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Moderately Good Product With Great Customer Service

Comments: Using Ninja Cat over the last 3 years I've been able to navigate through it and become more comfortable with its updates and challenging template creations.

Pros:

Being able to bring data from multiple sources and create a cohesive report & provide a thoughtful story for the clients.

Cons:

Creating templates can be difficult to create if you haven't had any training on the software and data may not pull in time for critical deadlines.

Kim
Administrative in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Consistent Issues

2.0 last month New

Comments: Over several years, it definitely declined in both the product and in the customer service.

Pros:

Reports were easy to read, when or if they generated correctly.

Cons:

- Consistently, reports did not generate in full or did not generate correctly. Tokens expire and even after re-authentication, data does not pull in correctly. Each time we contacted Support, they would re-send a link to a Help section (in which their examples are not kept up to date). - There is no drag and drop function to import images. You have to do that one file at a time. - They discontinued portions of the software that we contracted for, but never discounted the price. After several years of issues, we have notified them of cancellation and requested the final quarter be waived due to the massive issues and software components they shelved, but they insist on holding us through the contract. I would not recommend this company's product.

An Intuitive Platform For Reporting, Monitoring, and Call Tracking

Comments: Overally, NinjaCat is an incredibly valuable tool that I use every day. It helps me to keep things organized and keep track of all of my PPC accounts. NinjaCat makes reporting easy, and I expect that it will continue to grow and improve as time goes on.

Pros:

NinjaCat has grown quite a bit since our agency first started using it. It used to be more of a reporting and monitoring platform, but now we're able to use it to track and report on calls more easily, and it makes integrating call leads into Google Ads easy. I couldn't imagine keeping track of countless PPC accounts on Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn without the customizable reporting tools NinjaCat offers. It makes it easy to see where our budgets and leads stand at a quick glance. The ability to easily compe data to other date ranges has been an essential part in allowing me to view seasonal trends or prioritize client accounts. Lastly, we're able to share our custom dashboards with clients, and we're also able to automate reports, which really helps with efficiency.

Cons:

There are a few minor inconveniences that we've learned to adapt to while using NinjaCat. One is that monitoring dashboards are not updated in real time. So, data you or a client is seeing is only accurate up to the previous day. We've also had some issues where failures in the system were not reported to us in a timely manner, and it led to calls failing to be imported into Google. Their customer support team was very accomodating, but our agency would have appreciated advanced notice of the changes they were making in order to accommodate the unexpected issue. Oh, and there's no "undo" option when creating custom dashboards.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great product, great customer support

Comments: NinjaCat has many great features that clients love, and the team at NinjaCat is very helpful and responsive in helping tailor the service for our needs.

Pros:

It is easy to set-up, and easy to use. The interface is easy to navigate, and looks great for clients.

Cons:

The product is always being updated to include new features, which can sometimes cause existing features to stop working. The support team is always very helpful, and resolves the issue quickly.

Justin
Justin
Advertising Director in US

The perfect solution to creating professional reports for our clients.

Comments: Hassle free reporting and increased customer retention

Pros:

Integrations - Links to every ad platform we use Ease of Use - Reports are auto generated and ready to go when you need them! Detail of Reports - Enough data to confuse even our own analysts! Customization - Sky is the limit with report styles and dashboard NinjaTrack - the ultimate no hassle integrated call tracking solution!

Cons:

Learning Curve with the updated new look is slightly confusing and takes time to learn where things are (especially billing & invoices) Can be slow to load and switch between pages Initial setup can be time consuming, but NinjaCat has a "white glove" service that really helps out with this process. Some of our team is color blind. That paired with average quality monitors makes the light blue buttons invisible! This leads to some frustration and laughter in the office.

Contributing Editor in US

NinjaCat Creates Functional and Attractive Reports for Our Clients

Pros:

For our clients to see the value of some of our services (PPC, SEO, social media, etc), a good reporting mechanism is required. NinjaCat put together reports that look good to the end user, and relay a great deal of information without becoming cluttered or unwieldy. We also love how customizable the software is, and how many other sites/softwares can easily integrate with NinjaCat.

Cons:

The newest iteration of the software is taking a bit longer to master than we'd hoped, and it seems a lot of things were moved around without good reason - but we were early adopters and expect (even anticipate) regular change to NinjaCat as the product improves over time.

Great reporting tool for digital marketers

Pros:

My clients always want to see all information in a single, easy to read report. NinjaCat offers exactly that. I can set up all of my paid campaigns (PPC, Facebook, Linkedin, etc) in a single report to send to my clients with ease and information transparency.

Cons:

Onboarding is time consuming, and quite a big expense of time - three 1-hour sessions to get fully onboarded. There are a lot of features and great functionality, but I typically prefer a tool that I can log in and play around with, rather than doing 2 workshops to get my team set up. It's nice that exists, but it is time consuming, would be better as a 1 hour webinar.

Steven
Steven
President in US

Clean. Simple. Complete.

Comments: Reports for all clients

Pros:

I love the on demand customer service. They are always waiting for me to ask stupid questions, and always willing to help.

Cons:

Initial setup can be a little difficult BUT, as is the case with every other reporting type software.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Digital Channels Manager in US

NinjaCat is going to be a game changer for our Agency by enabling better and faster reporting.

Pros:

The software is intuitive. The NinjAcademy was thorough and helpful (my on-boarding team was awesome), but the software is just built to make sense. Once everything is setup, churning out reports is a simple process. Once we get fully settled in, I estimate we'll cut our reporting time in half. There's quite a bit of data customization available within the template. This was a huge selling point for us. We require the ability to combine datasets, to filter and manipulate data in order to provide reports and analysis tailored for each client. Compared to other reporting services on the market, NinjaCat was the clear winner in this category.

Cons:

Design customization is limited. That isn't to say you can't create a good looking report, it's just the tools to design are not going to blow you away. They've already updated the design options once, since my agency joined 2 months ago, so I imagine there will be improvement here. For now, think of it as a poor man's version of PowerPoint, when it comes to design functionality.

NinjaCat Response

6 years ago

Benjamin, thank you for your feedback and great comments. Concerning design customization options and features, our most recent addition was on Dec 12, 2017 and we have more in store. We think you will like what the future of NinjaCat holds. Stay tuned!

ross
vp of paid search in Canada

Ninjacat has grown a lot since its original launch

Pros:

very easy to use and setup, provide a lot of data with a simple integration process. Amazing customer support.

Cons:

setting up custom comparison reports is a bit confusing, and not enough Facebook ad insights data.

Emma
SEO Specialist in US

Simple and User-Friendly, but Somewhat Limited in Design and Integrations

Comments: NinjaCat allows us to put all of our data and reports in one place so we can present to our clients the status of their programs. It is very simple and easy to use for everyone, but may not be as efficient as other reporting tools that integrate with other sources and therefore update automatically.

Pros:

I liked that NinjaCat could easily display your data in scorecard, graph, table and other forms. A specific nicety that this reporting tool is capable of is creating a custom metric/scorecard that allows you to blend/add data from two different sources. I know some other tools don't allow this.

Cons:

This tool is somewhat limited in what it offers in terms of design elements and integration abilities. There are not a lot of styling options to choose from. As for integrations, we had to put much of the data from our tools in spreadsheets that we'd connect to NinjaCat versus having them directly integrate with each other. This means we have to continuously and manually update the sheet every time we want to see data from a new time frame.

Nick
Social Media Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

NinjaCat has helped us develop custom reports and saves us hours of billable time every week.

Comments: Custom reporting

Pros:

The customization is awesome. We use it to add an entirely new level of depth to our monthly and daily reports.

Cons:

Lacking a bit in the graphic design functionality. Sometimes the graphs don't look as professional as we'd like, but they have come a long way since we purchased the software, and continue to improve their features.

Amanda
Director, Paid Search in US

Great Reporting Software

Comments: We've been using Ninja Cat for a few years, and have continued to be very impressed with the increasing functionality and flexibility it offers. We can create all kinds of reports and have them automatically sent to our clients at a fraction of the cost of other services, and their customer service is great!

Pros:

Flexible, lots of options, good looking interface

Cons:

sometimes it takes a while to figure out which widgets you need to use.

Melissa
Managing Director in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Wanted a more dynamic and visual reporting platform and we got it!

Comments: efficiency and improved viewing/reporting experience for clients

Pros:

Look and feel of reports is great. Ability to customize is great. Love that we can isolate metrics that we need to report without taking a catch-all approach to data measurement.

Cons:

No undo button. Is very very tedious to set up. The UI could have many more efficiencies built in (i.e. keyboard shortcuts, undo button) and there are occasional issues with bugs and changes not being captured right away. Improvements to UI, keyboard shortcuts, and the ability to group changes to create efficiencies would really improve abilities.

Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Ninja Cat

Comments: NinjaCat is great for businesses.

Pros:

I love how it provides one interface for everything I need with easy access.

Cons:

I have found nothing I do not like about this software.

Mikhail
Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Wonderful reporting software

Pros:

I love the customization allowed with the reporting, dashboard and even swapping the logo in addition to the ease of use, my clients love it!

Alex
Account Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Great Reporting Software!

Comments: The digital agency I work for relies on Ninja Cat reports for most of our SMB and Enterprise level clients. Ninja Cat is easy to use, looks great, highly detailed, and has great customer service/support.

Pros:

User friendly, reliable.

Cons:

Social reporting could be improved, but I understand that Facebook interface is hard to work with.

Operations Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Excellent product, hugely time saving and value add for clients. highly recommend

Comments: Time savings & better looking reports for clients.

Pros:

Saves huge amount of time to focus on actionable recommendations for clients rather than building reports.

Cons:

Some restrictions with date ranges to achieve exactly what I'm after 100% of the time but all feature requests have been listened to and implemented extremely quickly so I'm sure this product will keep on getting better and better.

Paolo
Owner in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

View all your marketing data on one platform

Comments: It is very useful to see big picture trends and reports from all your marketing data.

Pros:

Streamline all your marketing data on one platform, you can spot trends a lot easier as well as bottlenecks.

Cons:

Connecting multiple users from one account can be tricky so can integrating data from certain platforms but support is very helpful.

Morgan
Morgan
Digital Strategist in US

Complicated, Ineffective, Constant Data Issues

Comments: If your reporting needs are very simple I would suggest this however I would suggest using another platform.

Pros:

If you are only using stock widgets to build reports it would be the easiest platform to use. Their support has also been generally helpful with the plethora of issues my team has had.

Cons:

Features are slow to roll out. Constant issues with incorrect data being pulled in. Incredibly complicated to build out customized dashboards that combine data from multiple sources.

Sam
Search Manager in UK

Pretty good piece of reporting software especially on multi-platform reporting

Pros:

Multiple platform reporting - I like you can incorporate Bing and Other 3rd party Call Metrics. API development could be improved for UK/EU market

Cons:

Limited Reports - need something along the lines of a Custom report similar to that available on Analytics - where you can specify specific dimensions and metrics

CARLA
Recruiting Coordinator in US

Report with ease!

Pros:

This product links with google drive and that makes my life so much easier! It is very functional and reporting is easy.

Cons:

The extra fees can be cumbersome and tracking costs can be a laborious task, but it is worth it in the end.

Patrick
Patrick
Senior Paid Digital Marketing Analyst in US
, 11–50 Employees

NinjaCat has helped save us time in reporting while adding value that our clients love!

Comments: Time savings.

Pros:

The report templates automate what used to be a lot of manual data pulls and data visualization. And it looks great too! Spending less time reporting means we can spend more doing impactful work for our clients.

Cons:

At the time of writing this, the KPI tracking does not yet integrate with Google Analytics, and the template builder lacks a few quality of life features like holding your formatting and allowing you to undo actions. But the team over there is aware of these things and is always working to improve.

Jennifer
Digital Operations Specialist in US

We didn't think that Ninjacademy was a good use of our time.

Pros:

Connecting to multiple APIs. User friendly. Quality product for price. Stellar customer service. We also like that we can have multiple users and administrators for no extra cost.

Cons:

That it isn't synced with Doubleclick Search. No way to match up Analytics with platform reporting. We'd like dashboards to look more like a webpage vs. PPT presentation