Paycom Reviews

4.4 (748) Write a Review!

About Paycom

From onboarding and benefit enrollment to talent management and more, we eliminate administrative headaches with one single app.

Learn more about Paycom

Pros:

Paycom can do a lot of different things if its configured correctly. It offers some useful integrations and can make a lot of the workflow side of things easier.

Cons:

I have been waiting 2 months for them to fix a mistake they made on my W2. I was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to fix.

Paycom ratings

4.4

8.1/10

Paycom has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 748 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Paycom before?

Ricky
Ricky
Sr. Manager, Project Management Services in US
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

Human resource management simplified

Comments: Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes. Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-wide

Pros:

Performance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap. We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy. Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

Cons:

We've recently tapped into Paycom's My Learning module. I'd like to see an investment in content development areas like security and compliance to further leverage Paycom as the main source for employee training. Paycom's UI design and navigation feels outdated compared to similar software.

4 years ago

Ricky, thank you so much for your positive and detailed review of the partnership between your organization and Paycom. We will share your feedback regarding our training content and product development teams. We also recommend the resources on the Paycom blog and the HR Break Room podcast regarding the topics you mentioned. Please reach out to your Paycom specialist if you have any additional questions or feedback.

Yara
Human Resources Manager in Jordan
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Perfect for managing employee records and automating HR procedures.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Paycom allowed us to perfectly control our databases, as the high-quality automation enabled us to keep the data updates continuous without interruption, and this led to the preparation of payrolls in the required time without any delay, and all other records are always ready upon request.

Pros:

Paycom helps provide integrated solutions to build a comprehensive database of the organization's employees, and it also works to automate the implementation of operations, especially with regard to payroll, and also helps to find a variety of solutions that meet the requirements of the human resources department. I very much appreciate the intuitive interface of the dashboard, whether it is a web page or a mobile application, as it enables us to use all the tools and access all records and data with complete ease. Filtering and searching options within records are easy, as is reporting.

Cons:

You can't hate Paycom, especially when you deal with their support team, as they are very responsive, and provide appropriate solutions with complete transparency.

MARKETING MANAGER in US
Online Media, 10,000+ Employees

Ended up hing

3.0 last month New

Comments: It was short lived

Pros:

I liked that it allowed me to keep track of my total working hours for my contractor.

Cons:

It wasnt as fluid to use as i had to track my hours in two different timesheets for my contract agency.

Mark
Marketing Manager in US
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

Paycom is a great payroll resource

Comments: Overall paycom has been very reliable and processing payroll and time off requests is easy for everyone

Pros:

It is very easy to use and understand. Also making corrections and adding notes to time cards is easy and corrections get processed quickly

Cons:

No cons or complaints This is the best payroll/timecard resource I have used

2 months ago

At Paycom, we're dedicated to simplifying the payroll process to benefit every employee. We're glad you are enjoying our service and want to thank you for leaving us a review!

Rochelle
assistant manager in US
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Great Payroll Software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience has been great!

Pros:

I love how easy using the app was. i could clock in, request pto, and view paystubs with the click of button conveniently from my phone!

Cons:

No cons, i absolutely loved it! Great software for employers and employees

2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Rochelle! Paycom is happy to provide our users with easy-to-use technology that simplifies the employee experience.

Cyndi
Cyndi
HR Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Don't waste your valuable time with this product

Comments: Paycom does not offer a demo account, like many of their competitors, so you have to rely on a quick 1 hour demo given by a sales person, which doesn't adequately capture the true functionality of this system. While the employee interface is decent, the HR and Admin management side is a nightmare. It's incredibly complex and it's just not possible to get it up and running easily. It will take a significant amount of energy on your side to get it functional. Additionally, many promises that were made in the sales pitch were not honored. The transition team and payroll team I had were not terribly experienced, lacked knowledge of payroll and their own system, and I had to walk them through several items that I didn't expect to have to do. Our employees weren't set up correctly. Products I paid for were not available on our account. I very quickly realized that this system was not going to work for our team and moved to cancel our account and the customer service was pretty awful, going all the way up to upper management. In the week I've tried to shut down this account, I got our company up and running with a different system that was everything I was looking for. All in all, I would not recommend this system unless you have A LOT of time to implement and train and you feel like learning a very specific system.

Pros:

The time keeping modal was the easiest to use, however it still isn't super intuitive.

Cons:

In 2020, with so many other INCREDIBLY user friendly options, Paycom is in the land of antiquated systems that are not intuitive or user friendly. * They use internal/proprietary language that isn't common or helpful. You have to learn how they say things before you are able to learn how to navigate the system. *System is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Not intuitive at all. * Benefits Administration is non comparable with other platforms. If you are seeking a system to take that work off your plate, this isn't it. *Incredibly complex systems to managing HR documents. Again, it adds more work than other options and ends up not being worth it. *Overall, requires a pretty heavy time investment to train on this system. With so many other systems made to work easily from day 1, it's a big ask for a small company to sink that much time into training.

2 years ago

We're sorry you were unhappy with your Paycom experience. After researching further, we were able to determine our team worked closely with you to confirm the system was set up properly and because of our due diligence, we discovered there were issues with your internal data from your previous provider. Each question you posed to our team appears to have been promptly responded to with a helpful hand and with additional training materials. Based on our large volume of positive reviews, we are confident in the service our team provides and the ease-of-use of our software. However, we are always striving to get better. Each client's experience is important to us, and we will be sure to note your feedback.

CEO in Togo
Internet, 2-10 Employees

best platform for employee data management

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: paycom is a reference application for employee data management,with very good features I recommend it

Pros:

Paycom allows for the efficient consolidation and tracking of individual employee data. It also reduces employer liability and saves time.

Cons:

it is a very practical tool easy to use there is nothing bad to say about this application

Kenneth
Scheduling department manager in US
Renewables & Environment, 501-1,000 Employees

Wonderful Program. Amazing features

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with Paycom is incredibly positive. It is simple, but not oversimplified. I love Paycom.

Pros:

My Favorite feature of the program is the ease of use. This is accurate in both the mobile app as well as the desktop program. It makes it easy for myself and all of my agents to use the software.

Cons:

There is not one feature that I think needs to be changed with Paycom. It works wonderfully for what I need.

Chandler
Account manager in US
Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use clock management

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The way I can manage my employees with ease. I can see their timecards, time off requests, and pay rates in one place. It makes it easy to manage that I have enough employees in the office at all times.

Cons:

Punch requests can prove difficult to revise if mistakes are made on timecards.

4 weeks ago

We're glad our app has eliminated tedious HR and payroll processes and simplified the employee experience for your organization. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to learn more. Contact us at [email protected], and someone from our team will be in touch.

Billie Jo
Billie Jo
Marketing Manager in US

Paycom review

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall Paycom has helped our company with tracking time and attendance.

Pros:

Easy tracking for payroll and time and attendance

Cons:

I’d like to see products to have a in person fingerprint sign in.

ANTONIO
Senior Designer in US
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees

It pays to use Paycom!

Comments: Paycom has made everything related to HR easier. Whether it's payroll, benefits, SOP's, document signing even business process tutorials, everything is in one place now and easier to access and interact with.

Pros:

Paycom was, at first, difficult. Like any new software you want everything to be where it was before. It wasn't. However with just a few short uses and the tutorials I realized that it was easier, faster and better organized than the software we were using before, which was online based instead of app based. Thank god we switched to Paycom, which made all of our business lives related to HR processes faster, easier and more efficient.

Cons:

Once I learned it I have not found anything to complain about. Okay, the fingerprint log in doesn't always work perfectly. :) There.

3 years ago

Antonio, thank you for the raving review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

Susie
National Director of HR and Payroll in US
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Outstanding Product and Support

Comments: The BEST Payroll, and HRIS system on the market hands down!

Pros:

This product has high technology and excellent ease of use. It is ever changing and improving to allow you to keep up with the latest technology. Paycom also will customize your product for your individual companies use. The customer support is outstanding and they are always there to assist you!

Cons:

There isn't much I don't love about Paycom. They have outstanding support and walk me through each portion of the program. The only issue I have had with Paycom is not having the Back Benefits automatically calculated. BUT this feature is coming soon!

3 years ago

Susie, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so thrilled that you enjoy using our products.

Elaine
Recruitment Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Paycom- From Manual Processes to the Modern Age

Comments: Overall our experience with Paycom has been very positive. Like any new system it has not always been easy, and some days I have really wished that hitting a computer did make it work better. However, if you take time to understand the system, and really think through your processes to mold them to what Paycom is designed to do instead of trying to may Paycom fit into your old processes, it always works out.

Pros:

Paycom has been a massive change for my company. In January of 2019, we switch from a paper-driven, multi-system segmented way of running our HR and Payroll departments to Paycom, and we will NEVER go back! I worked with my team as well as Paycom's implementation team to get the system set up and then in training our Management Team as well as our employees in how to effectively use Paycom. After some bumps in the road, our departments are running smoothly, and we cannot begin to tell you how much of our time we have gotten back in our days because of it. My favorite thing about the system is how intuitive it is. Once you understand how the Personel Actions Forms work, you can easily understand the Performance Discussion forms. The things you learn from those programs will help you know how to interact with the other modules as well. We also really appreciate how often they create, advertise, and then released new features for free. Things that our team use regularly now did not exist when we first rolled out the system. It has made a massive difference in how we manage our people-data and administer almost every HR and Payroll function and several other processes besides.

Cons:

The thing that we have struggled with the most is that the system is almost too customizable. Take a PAF (Personel Action Form), for example. On there is has an effective date feature that allows you to either back-date the pay-change or set it for a future date. We had been using that feature for months when an audit showed that the effective date was not working. When we contacted our Account Specialist, they said that they needed to "turn that feature on" before it would be working. There have been a few other features that we didn't know we needed to ask for them to be "turned on" and just assumed that they were.

3 years ago

Thank you for the review and feedback, Elaine! We are thrilled that you and your organization are enjoying Paycom! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your experience by either directly reaching out to your specialist or contacting our team at [email protected]

Corey
General Manager in US
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Everything you need, and probably then some.

Comments: Paycom is a very useful tool, both as a manager and as an employee. It's functionality often exceeds the ability of the user. It is the most comprehensive program I've ever used to manage Payroll & execute Human Resources tasks.

Pros:

Paycom is a comprehensive tool that allows you to easily track & manage payroll expense, the most controllable expense in our line of work. From clocking in & out, to procuring their own tax documents, the entire process can be done by an employee with a mobile phone using their app. However, this may create more work for those who manage employees that aren't so "tech savvy".

Cons:

"Two Factor Authentication" is child's play compared to what Paycom makes you go through. Trying to remember arbitrary payroll codes and dealing with constantly expiring passwords & security questions lead to team members constantly asking management how to login to their own Paycom. In addition, due to it's exceptional functionality, the reporting system can often be overwhelming and slightly confusing. It may take several attempts to fine tune the report you're trying to produce, but at least once you've figured it out, you can then save that template for future use.

6 months ago

Thank you for the 5-star review, Corey! We're happy to hear our comprehensive software is helping your organization easily track and manage payroll. We're open to feedback and hope you will share your thoughts further with us at [email protected]

Armaan
Vice President & COO in US
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees

Paycom is Incredible and has the best support team!

Comments: Engaging with our employees has been so much more efficient with Paycom! They love the interface and once they got the hang of using it, we began to learn things from them as we made our transition.

Pros:

There are so many features within Paycom that we utilize to make our operations smoother and mainly to communicate messages from the top level all the way to our team members.

Cons:

There are still times where you have to jump through certain hoops to get to an end goal, or a particular report is dug down deep somewhere, but for the most part, Paycom has been user friendly and their support team is great.

3 years ago

Thank you for the 5-star review, Armaan! We're thrilled you have enjoyed working with our sales team and our support specialists! We appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to continue sharing any enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated support team.

Frank
Controller in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Paycom is truly full-service payroll software

Comments: Wouldn't want to be with anyone else. From the sales staff, to implementation, to our current reps, they know what we need, and provide not only quality customer service, but the software truly meets all of our payroll and HR needs, and has been thorough in every way.

Pros:

The fact that everything is all together on one database, no moving between platforms for information. The same information for payroll is available for HR and vice versa. Also love the phone app, including manager ability to approve time via the app.

Cons:

Couple reports not built-in to give us the ability to know allocated wages for a government program. Also, it is a bit costly compared to most payroll software companies.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review! Helping streamline HR processes and eliminating manual tasks are some of our top goals. We're glad our software has been beneficial for your organization and we appreciate you sharing your experience!

Karena
HR in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

User Friendly System

Comments: Overall experience has been great. Any issues or questions we may have are quickly addressed and we have an extremely knowledgeable dedicated account specialist.

Pros:

Paycom software is very easy to understand and navigate. The modules are very comprehensive in terms of available features. The reporting feature allows you to pull information in a variety of formats. And the end-user has their HR information right at their finger tips which allows for easy access and updating information convenient.

Cons:

Paycom has annual price increases to the software that we use. We started with a certain price which has changed over time.

3 years ago

Karena, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We're thrilled to see you are enjoying our products, and we hope they will continue to bring value to your organization. Please feel free to share with your dedicated specialist any enhancements you would like to see from us; we love hearing from our users!

Director of IT in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Lot's of Features

Comments: Overall I would still recommend Paycom to most people. They are a one-stop solution and are release new features regularly. I just wish they would spend some more time perfecting their existing modules.

Pros:

We bought most of the modules and it has improved some of our workflows. The biggest part is our staff actually uses the app which has helped us and removed some of the data updates, like phone changes or direct deposit changes from our managers and HR staff. It also has brought some of our previously separate software into one solution.

Cons:

There are a variety of areas that even as the administrator I can't change or see. The modules are designed for normal business practices, however, for a lot of companies, there are often special cases and exceptions to rules. These can be difficult or impossible to do in the system. We have actually rewritten some policies to fit into what the software can do.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review and feedback! We will share it with our product team!

Samia
HR Representative in US
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

Paycom Overall Review

Comments: It's helped solve a lot of on boarding process problems. It's helped simplify the process of a new hire since on boarding is now mainstreamed through Paycom. We did have a hiccup once with our W2's not being correct and have had to go back and fourth with the company on a few things. The software overall is awesome. I think the issues lie within the back end on the company.

Pros:

How easy it was to learn and catch on to things within the system. The neat features and wizards in place to help set things up.

Cons:

Sometimes when I reach out with a question to our rep, the rep doesn't read my email thoroughly to understand what I am asking so sometimes I have to repeat myself or word something differently.

3 years ago

Thank you for the 5-star review, Samia! We are so thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team! If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Senior Accounting Manager in US
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

Loved as an admin

Comments: Overall, I liked Paycom, it helped us consolidate HRIS and Payroll into one platform and upload mass employee data rather than having to enter it by hand.

Pros:

As an Admin in the background I loved the reporting capabilities! You can report on anything and everything and customize the report however you'd like.

Cons:

The team did not find it fully user friendly. It would take a lot of clicks to find what they were looking for. Also, by moving to Paycom, it made our 401k process a lot more manual. Having to enter employee rate changes by hand and upload 401k deductions by hand as well.

2 years ago

We're glad to see you have enjoyed our software and customized reporting capabilities! We're interested in learning more about your feedback and how we can earn a 5-star rating from you. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Brandi
Director-Research Administration in US
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees

Good product but definitely pricey

Comments: Nice software with lots of flexibility but every function has a cost so it isn't really plug-in-play.

Pros:

There are great features and reporting and lots of flexibility for user defined components.

Cons:

Price is a bit much. There are lots of things you can do with it, but every little thing comes with a price. It doesn't work well with all enterprise systems, so you can make it work, but again, for a price.

3 years ago

We're glad you are enjoying our products! We appreciate your feedback, and would love the opportunity to learn more about how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

Yasmine
Yasmine
Executive Management Analyst in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 501-1,000 Employees

Allows for easier and simpler processes and efficiencies

Comments: Overall Paycom seems to solve my problems before they arise; the integration between what would have been separate platforms allows for simplified processes and efficiencies that allows me to focus on the big picture rather than focus on the small tedious things.

Pros:

Paycom is a one stop shop with one singular login. One of the key things that has been most beneficial is self onboarding, which reduced the HR workload, provides a 'mid-phase' to a prospective employee and active employee, and helps get drivers on the road 4-6 days faster than our previous process. In addition, the consistent monthly improvements are always an added bonus and I continue to be impressed with the developments

Cons:

We wish there was a better integration capability to our third party platforms - though we primarily use Paycom, our industry requires use of many additional platforms. An integration outside of an API/SFTP would allow for an overall holistic view of our employee workforce and operations.

3 years ago

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear our software is helping simplify your HR processes

Heather
Accounting Supervisor in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

Not a bad payroll software but support is lacking

Comments: Overall the experience has been positive, even with the support issues. I believe that most payroll companies have issues similar to this, as we've had bad experiences with other companies in the past.

Pros:

I like the ease of use of this software as well as the functionality of being able to batch update certain items or batch upload bonuses, etc. I like the mobile app for employees and love that I'm able to approve employees time of requests via email without having to sign in.

Cons:

The support is really where this company is lacking. Oftentimes our dedicated support person won't respond to emails or will give answers that are clearly incorrect and we will have to force the issue to get her to look further into an issue. Issues tend to take longer than they should to get resolved due to this and a few improvements seems to have just fallen through the cracks without persistent reminders.

3 years ago

Heather, thank you for the review! We're glad to hear the software is working well for you and your employees. And thank you for the feedback regarding support. We shared your notes with your dedicated Paycom support specialist and our leadership team. Our goal is to make sure we are responding quickly and effectively and obviously we work to do better for you.

Kurt
Kurt
Disaster Recovery Architect in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy to use as an employee and a manager.

Comments: Moving from a paper and email request system for PTO to this electronic system was a life saver.

Pros:

The ability to manage time off requests and request time off are my favorite things about this software. As a manager I was immediately notified when one of my employees requested time and I could approve it directly from the notifications. And as an employee, to be able to request time off from the app on my phone was a game changer.

Cons:

Editing an employee's hourly time sheet was probably the most annoying thing about this software. I feel that it didn't flow correctly when making edits, as in if you changed something on Wednesday it would then mess up Thursday and Friday.

3 years ago

Kurt, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so glad that you're enjoying the ability to easily manage time-off requests. We appreciate your feedback regarding editing timesheets, and we will share that with our team. If you have any additional feedback, feel free to share it with us at [email protected]

MIRANDA
Human Resources in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Paycom

Comments: My experience with them have been great. Their representative comes onsite once every few months to discuss any new updates they've made and check to see if we have any questions regarding the software.

Pros:

Simplifies the hiring and onboarding process of employees from the moment an application is submitted all the way through their new hire orientation. Allows a manager to send out training, notifications regarding benefits etc. Has the ability to process background checks directly through the software which cost less than other background check companies.

Cons:

Wish the candidate tracker and applicant tracker would communicate. You can turn an applicant to a candidate but you cannot turn a candidate to an applicant which makes it pointless to use the candidate tracker. Other than I have no complaints

3 years ago

Thank you for sharing, Miranda! We're glad you are enjoying the app! We'd also love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and how we can continue to improve. Feel free to share any enhancements you would like to see with our team at [email protected]