• Overall
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About Workable

Workable provides best-in-class recruitment tools, processes and automation in one complete solution.

Learn more about Workable

Courtney F.
Director of People Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-30

"Great System, needs a few tweaks to be perfect"

Comments: It's been great, the system is good, has a few things it could improve on but a good system.

Pros: This system has really been great for us. It is easy to create jobs, post, and make notes throughout the process.

Cons: Needs a better way for merging candidates from indeed, they get different email addresses so really causes a problem in our system. Need to be able to attach several reqs to one and clear they are together. Indeed integration is wonky, have issues with our jobs being seen but get far better results with a direct link. Ease of seeing things, if notes are so long hard to get to what is needed.

by Workable Software on 2020-05-01

Thank you for your feedback! It was shared with your Account Manager. We're glad that you've found Workable to be a great system.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-30
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-15

"Excellent customer service!"

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rock star. You should ask for her directly as your rep when initializing your contract with Workable. She went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service and answer my many questions, even though my company size is smaller than those she typically contracts with.

Cons: So far, no complaints. Workable has a great user interface and integrates with CriteriaCorp, our candidate aptitude/personality screening software.

by Workable Software on 2020-01-16

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear about your experience with our Sales Team. We're looking forward to having you as a Workable customer!

• Reviewed on 2020-01-15
Caleb W.
Administrator, HRIS and Payroll
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-17

"Easy to Use and Cost Effective"

Comments: It's a good company and a good platform that is easy to use. If you are looking for a more cost effective option and are okay with losing some of the features you would get with a bigger ATS, Workable is a good choice. They do focus on rolling out new features and I am excited to see what happens next with them.

Pros: Very easy to use system, and the interfaces are intuitive for admins, users, and applicants. Each job goes out to 12 free job boards and candidates find it very easy to apply. Also allows candidates to apply with LinkedIn. Tracking of candidates through each job process is very easy with the "Bins" that peoples can flow through. Email templates, interview templates help keep the process simple and effective. Workable allows for each integration with HRIS, screening tools, and other interfaces.

Cons: Not much customization available depending on the price point you are willing to pay. More of an out-of-box software and does not allow the flexibility you would see with some other bigger ATS's. Some features you

• Reviewed on 2018-04-17
Michael K.
HR Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-11

"Easy to use product!"

Pros: Functionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.

Cons: One thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."

• Reviewed on 2018-10-11
Mohamed B.
BPA Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-19

"Very good Value for Money"

Comments: the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS
the System features is developing which is something exciting.

Pros: 1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS
2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System.
3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS
4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well
5- customizable pipeline.
6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS.
7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job.
8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate
9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

Cons: 1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages
2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited.
3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

• Reviewed on 2018-12-19
Nicola Y.
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-11

"Very easy to set up, tidy simple process and dashboard"

Comments: Work definitely recommend for those wanting to streamline recruitment and build a talent pipeline without an expensive outlay.

Pros: Easy move through, simple to track notes and to share with hiring managers, easy tagging, not complicated, intuitive easy to manage the candidate experience.

Cons: Lack some of the features of some larger more expensive packages but is a minor for under 100 staff still a great product

• Reviewed on 2017-07-11
Shannon B.
Director of Human Resources
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-05

"Workable"

Comments: Workable is an amazing product and it is ideal for recruiting in a professional work environment. I would highly recommend.

Pros: The program is easy to understand and use. The program offers flexibility in designing communication templates and the application. I appreciate the ability to directly link to my calendar.

Cons: Though I believe Customer Service has done a very nice job of helping me learn the system, it can be frustrating when I am looking for an answer quickly. Communication starts with an email or chat session which is not often returned until the next day.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-05
Meredith K.
HR & Recruiting Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2015-03-19

"Excellent ATS, excellent team! Great for small businesses."

Comments: Overall, Workable is a great applicant tracking system (ATS). When my team was using a different ATS, every hiring manager began the meeting by telling me how much they hated that ATS. Once we switched to Workable, everything just worked the way it was supposed to. The hiring managers enjoyed using it too. Some of my favorite parts of it are:
- it is very easy to set up
- the UX is very clean and easy to use
- the customer service is excellent - I always got speedy responses to any questions I asked!
- the integrations with free/paid job boards is great, they offer a lot of options
- they're constantly making improvements and adding new features
- the 15 day trial is a great way to play around with it and see how easy it is to set up
- the Chrome extension that allows you to import profiles into Workable
Some small but standard features that I think it's missing are:
- the ability to delay emails (i.e. if you're rejecting a candidate, have the email send in 1 or 2 days instead of immediately)
- the ability to customize job pipelines for each role (you can customize it for the entire company, though!)
We are switching to another ATS because we want more out of our ATS (offer letter integration, interview feedback, etc). However, Workable is a great tool! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to start using an ATS to organize their hiring, or anyone who is unhappy with their ATS and wants something basic but very solid. The ability to pay monthly without a contract is also appealing - you can try it out and then switch if you don't like it.

• Reviewed on 2015-03-19
Annie O.
Recruiting Manager
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 2015-11-30

"Recruitment Manager Review"

Pros: I really like how you can easily categorize job candidates. The ability to publish to multiple job sites simultaneously is convenient. I also like how easy it is to email candidates right from Workable. If I switch to my main email, Workable also allows me to import those emails with one click. I can add tags that make it easy to search for candidates later. I also really like the note system and that it leaves a time stamp.

Cons: I do not like that once you close out a position you cannot contact or leave notes about those applicants easily without importing them to a new job posting. I understand paying for active job postings, but sometimes I am still contacting potential candidates after closing a position. It would be nice if that was not affected just because the posting is no longer active.

• Reviewed on 2015-11-30
Tyler K.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-09

"Entire team's notes in one place"

Comments: Overall it has simplified our hiring and recruiting process which saves time and makes sure that we vet candidates more thoroughly.

Pros: Our company goes through multiple interview stages with different people in the various departments of our org. Workable is a great place to consolidate our notes on every candidate into one place so I can see what concerns or positives other people have uncovered. We don't need to send multiple emails or keep a google doc anymore because Workable contains everything in one place.

Cons: I don't have any major concerns, I'm not a recruiter so I only use Workable on a surface level and so far it's met every need that I've had.

by Workable Software on 2019-12-12

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your hiring team collaboration and interview process are much smoother with Workable.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-09
Evaggelia D.
Talent recruitment, selection and onboarding officer
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-10

"Super User Friendly ATS"

Comments: Overall experience is very good, easy to work with, time saving, very good customer support whenever needed, extra tips provided from the company even through their blog or their webinars. I'm happy to work with it

Pros: It's very easy to work with and to collaborate with hiring managers and other involved parties. Their new mobile app is really good, saves time and effort

Cons: The reporting options and the search options are relatively weak. Also their people

Gabrielle G.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-01

"Workable... Works!"

Pros: Easy to set up and start posting jobs. The interface is easy to understand and you don't need to waste anytime with user guides or training for that matter. Their support team is very accessible and I rarely "can't" get a hold of them. The price is also a reasonably easy sell to decision makers.

Cons: It leaves something to be desired. I have used Jazz in the past and Jazz offers way more candidate focused ./ user focused features that Workable just hasn't done. When you do ask the Support staff they usually don't even had the feature ideas on a product roadmap which is frustrating because with a software purchase you hope they are always going to improve it. It's a low cost option and that becomes obvious when you start using the software.

• Reviewed on 2016-09-01
Pamela E.
HR Asst.
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

"WORKABLE ROCK!"

Comments: I am the HR Asst/HR Recruiter. I view the applications on a daily basis.

Pros: The ease of the use. Very easy to see the applications and resume's

Cons: Once a candidate is hired, can the application be put in to a separate file.

John R.
Marketing manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-16

"A great tool for a company recruiter or hiring manager"

Comments: It would be cool to have a PPC and fixed price option for each job posting site.

Pros: Allows a user to manage applicants from initial resume submission to hire
The ability to manage and purchase services from multiple recruiting sites

Cons: I dont like the restrictions in job posting design. We also wish we images would translate to career sites, but that's a minor point.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-16
Brandon W.
Head of Content Marketing
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-01

"Pretty Good ATS for Hiring"

Comments: Workable has been a great software for our team to conduct all of our candidate sourcing needs. Without it, filtering candidates and their resumes/messages to our HR department would be a lot more difficult.

Pros: Workable allows our team to collect candidate resumes without having to use a manual process or filter them via email. You can filter by job opening, too, which is really helpful especially when our team is usually hiring for more than one position at a time.

Cons: Responding to candidate emails/messages was not as intuitive as it could have been. I found myself clicking around and clicking each candidate profile too many times. That could have been my fault not mastering the software, but it was too time-consuming nonetheless.

by Workable Software on 2019-06-20

We're glad that Workable has helped with all of your candidate sourcing needs! If you're still finding it difficult to respond to emails/messages please reach out to [email protected] and we'll provide best practice advice.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-01
Amy S.
Owner & CEO
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-17

"Very helpful to filter out more qualified candidates with this solution."

Comments: I can easily review more qualified candidates when they apply for an open requisition.

Pros: What I like most about Workable is that I can use assessments to help score and rank higher qualified candidates when we post requisitions for our organization. In the past we have to review each candidate separately make the decisions if we wish to invite the candidate for an interview, refer them to another open requisition or send them a rejection letter. With the assessments that we can build and attached to the requisition our candidates will apply for a open position and will have to complete those assessment. We can then view their ranking and easily decide if that candidate is worthy of a interview. We like how we can track our candidate resume and also view their social media sites like LinkedIn. We feel with Workable we have hired more qualified candidates that provide immediate value to our organization from the first day they begin employment with us.

Cons: Sometimes the candidates have the resume in a another format that is difficult for us to view in Workable. This rarely occurs but enough to mention it as a dislike.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-17
Filipe G.
Lead Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-10

"Simple interface, great Customer Support"

Comments: I am happy with it. The things I don't like I send as feedback to the team and they quickly respond. I see minor improvements happening, and that gives me a sense that our voices are being heard.

Pros: It's straight to the point for what I need. I am not a professional recruiter, I am a manager who helps in the recruiting. Workable has a simple interface that makes it easy to understand how the platform works since the first use.

Cons: I still feel very anxious before commenting (internally) on a thread, or sending an email to the candidate. The CTAs are so close that I always fear I may make a mistake by sending an internal comment to a candidate.

Paul M.
Consultant
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-09

"Great system !"

Comments: Very easy to use. extremely easy navigation...

Pros: User friendliness

Cons: Limited features

• Reviewed on 2017-02-09
Parker C.
    2.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-13

"Worked great for us"

Pros: Great customer service. Product is very affordable when posting just a few positions. Also has a lot of great features. Mobile website works great for our managers to access from their smartphones while on the job.

Cons: The application customization could be a little more feature rich. I was not able to build our complete company application in the program. This makes the recruiter have to reach back out the the candidates and have them fill out an " official " and more detailed application before being interviewed.

• Reviewed on 2016-04-13
Dave S.
Managing partner
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-23

"Nice that it posts to multiple sites"

Comments: It works nicely to post jobs and filter candidates. Would like to integrate to our payroll system someday.

Pros: Merges nicely with our website as we update job postings. Also like that it posts our jobs to multiple job boards like indeed.

Cons: The candidate filtering is a bit clunky and can be hard to boil down the candidates I'd like to filter on.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-23
Terry F.
Recruiting Manager
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-08

"Does Workable Really Work?"

Pros: It is adaptable to just about any internal mail you use. It is simple to use for even a novice. It has good evaluation tools and the ability for hiring managers to write their reviews and ratings of candidates.

Cons: Not as functional as I would like. Wish it could do more in the area of syncing with my current email systems and calendars for setting up interviews. Not crazy about it for a large organization but for a small one it will work fine.

• Reviewed on 2016-09-08
Christos T.
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-26

"The best Candidate Tracking System for small teams"

Comments: This tool saves so much time that it is worth it despite the high cost. You can set up a job opening very quickly with a simple wizard. It integrates with free and premium job boards to immediately promote your job opening. Also, it offers features that make candidate filtering as easy as it can get.

Pros: + Complete CTS for small business
+ Ease of use
+ "People Search" feature that allows you to search the best candidates from their public info
+ Job boards integration
+ Application form for candidates

Cons: - A bit expensive. But not too much
- It has a learning curve of at least a week

by Workable Software on 2019-08-20

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your team has seen such positive benefits!

• Reviewed on 2019-07-26
Taylor I.
Human Resource Generalist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-10

"Workable Hr Software"

Pros: I like that they are constantly working on improvements and how easy it is to use. Although they are never the first software to develop a product offering or an idea, they seem to always add features to improve the product offering.

Cons: I wish the people search functionality worked a little better or there was access to a resume database similar to indeed or zip Recruiter.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-10
Devi J.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-09

"Workable Software"

Comments: For the price, I believe this is the best option out there. It is also nice to be month-to-month instead of stuck in a contract. This is great for those who post jobs on multiple sites and need something to ensure all the information is together in an easy to read format. Workable puts our postings on multiple website with one click. It is easy to move candidates to different stages in the hiring process. Interviews can be coordinated and communicated easily in Workable.

Pros: It's very user friendly. I have been interviewing a lot of candidates recently and this has helped me stay organized.

Cons: I haven't come across anything that I disliked about workable.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-09
Sales Consultant
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-27

"ATS and Job Positing Software"

Comments: Workable works to diligently to satisfy the end user and they provide good customer support

Pros: Workable makes it easy to post jobs to multiple job site with one click

Cons: The pay as you go plan is great but Workable needs to offer other plans that include sponsored job positing

• Reviewed on 2019-01-27