15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Workable

Workable provides a hiring and employee management suite, covering HR tasks for companies of all sizes.

Learn more about Workable

Pros:

Easy integration with O365 and Google. Collaboration/team sharing of information on candidates.

Cons:

The tone was downright rude. Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost.

Workable ratings

4.4
4.2
4.1
4.1

8.1/10

Workable has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 453 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Workable before?

Courtney
Courtney
Director of People Operations in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Great System, needs a few tweaks to be perfect

Comments: It's been great, the system is good, has a few things it could improve on but a good system.

Pros:

This system has really been great for us. It is easy to create jobs, post, and make notes throughout the process.

Cons:

Needs a better way for merging candidates from indeed, they get different email addresses so really causes a problem in our system. Need to be able to attach several reqs to one and clear they are together. Indeed integration is wonky, have issues with our jobs being seen but get far better results with a direct link. Ease of seeing things, if notes are so long hard to get to what is needed.

4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! It was shared with your Account Manager. We're glad that you've found Workable to be a great system.

Will
Talent Lead and Platform Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Essential tool for mid sized firms

Pros:

Intuitive, ease of use. Excellent integrations, good customization and automation options.

Cons:

More automisation, more front end customisation.

7 months ago

Merihan
Recruiter in Germany
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

one of the best ATS for Professional recruiting

Comments: I am super happy with workable as a senior recruiter , very well organised with good cost

Pros:

-good for job posting on relevant job boards -using templates makes it more easy -can be used on mobile apps which makes it effecient -good for documentation and montitoring pipeline -ability to use bulk emails to applicants -integration with email and calandar which saves us time

Cons:

-not so much editing options for job posting -challenging with the referral employee bonus -those who refer the candidates must also track the status of the application

Sofia
Director of HR in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Love and hate relationship with this ATS

Comments: Not what I expected, although I really like a lot of the features, many I do not and it's very frustrating the lack of support, and the system is not cheap at all, so you do expect much better customer support. I will most likely look for a new system, for next year as it is very unlikely we will be renovating the contract next year.

Pros:

I like that I am able to review candidates from my phone or desktop, that I am able to leave comments and feedback and rate candidates right from the system, and that it has lots of bulk features like emailing in bulk and communicating with candidates via email and text. I also like it that we can post to different countries.

Cons:

The main thing I do not like about this system is that its integration features do not always work, I just found out that although Checkr, a background check software that conducts background checks all over the world is able to do this, it does not integrate fully with Workable as they claim it does, so you can only send a background check request through Workable for US candidates but not for international candidates. There are many things that are not customizable and are easily accommodated with other systems I have used in the past, like the requisition fields. You also cannot store your in-house job description templates in Workable, you can only either cut and paste or use them from Workable job descriptions. The number one thing, I am very disappointed with is their customer support, it is terrible, they take days to answer, although their salespersons claimed that customer support is 24/7, this is not true and it is false information. You do not have 24/7 customer support over the phone, email, or live chat. Phone line, nobody answers EVER, email expect no response or at least a day or 2 wait. Chat is the only way you may have faster service. But their agents are not very helpful nor knowledgeable of the process. I used Paylocity in the past which is not just an ATS but HRIS all in one, and their customer support is exceptional, you always get an answer and anyone that you reach out to is very knowledgeable of the product, Workable can learn a lot from it.

Akshay
Team Lead in Canada
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

An exceptional HR tool that free's up time!

Pros:

Workable’s got the muscle for recruiting, giving you all the sourcing and team-work options without a hassle. It does hit the wallet hard and might box you in a bit, but it’s a solid pick if you want everything HR in one spot.

Cons:

The sticker price is steep for the small business crowd, especially if you’re eyeing extras. It can be a tight fit if you’re into custom setups, and the automation can trip up sometimes, missing that human touch. If English isn’t your first language, you might struggle a bit, and good luck making sense of their bills.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Recruiting has never been easier and more efficient!

Comments: Workable was able to fix a few issues. Excellent work, in my opinion. Online Video Interview and Online Assessment Test services have already been incorporated, and this was undoubtedly one of the tool's most significant enhancements. As a result, when you purchase the ATS, you get both services for free.

Pros:

One of the most useful features of Workable is the ability to take notes at any point along the way. You may use Workable to send and receive candidate emails through the system, including a notifications page that functions something like a telephone. It has several AI integrations.

Cons:

As Workable is still a relatively young ATS that requires updates and a little of effort, reporting and other more complicated functionalities are a bit limited. Workable isn't the best choice if you want a tool that can do whatever you want it to.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Workable for Web Developers

Pros:

It's a great centralized repository for job listings, apart from linkedin. The user interface is simple and easy to use. It gives you customised real time job alerts too.

Cons:

It has a limited free trial and with time the job market is becoming very competitive so you cannot rely on single platform to find jobs.

7 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We truly appreciate your positive review and are delighted to hear that you are enjoying our software. If you have any further comments or suggestions, feel free to share. We're here to provide the best experience for our users. Thanks again!

Clayton
Sr. Manager Client Experience in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 51–200 Employees

Workable for hiring

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Workable is a very easy platform to use to help you find the right candidate for the job postings you have for your organization. It always makes me easy to manage the hiring process for our department.

Cons:

Nothing notable comes to mind. I feel like Workable is very user friendly.

Mallex
Freelancer in Tanzania
Printing, 2–10 Employees

My freelancing Experience with Workable

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Working as a freelancer, workable helped me to assist many HRs in recruiting talents from globe. So, the ability to connect clients from all over the world is what makes me to like this software. Also, it's cool features than are intuitive for anyone make me still love it.

Cons:

Sometimes Jobs are not really, so failure to filter real and fake job posts in this platform is not stable yet.

Liam
Liam
Digital Marketing in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Really good tool to manage recruitment

Pros:

Makes hiring really simple, managing and automating the entire process

Cons:

Was hard to see where certain applications came from.

Yara
Human Resources Manager in Jordan
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Helps apply governance and transparency standards during all stages of employment

Comments: We have achieved many benefits from using Workable, as it enabled us to access the best experiences that we need directly, as we can publish on various platforms in the way we see fit, and we can receive applications directly, sort them, call candidates for interviews, and manage interviews and evaluations during them transparently.

Pros:

Workable enables us to adhere to governance during all stages of employment, and the smooth and organized procedures enable us to choose the appropriate candidate with full transparency. It's great that Workable integrates with all the different recruitment sites, especially Linked, which simplifies job posting procedures by our team without incurring additional costs. The procedures for receiving and collecting applications are done automatically, where I can extract status reports at any time, which show a summary of the number of applicants, their names, other years, and many other details that can be shown as needed. Workable helps us a lot during the screening of applicants to prepare a list of candidates, as we can exclude those who do not meet the conditions easily, and extract a list of the best applicants. Workable enables us to send acceptance and rejection notices to applicants, and we can also schedule and schedule interviews. It is also great that during the interviews we can create a file for each applicant and include all the documents he submitted with the interview evaluation.

Cons:

As for my experience with Workable, I was able to interact with all the tools easily, and did not face any difficulties.

Diana
Operations and Recruiting
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out

Comments: We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.

Pros:

-Incredibly intuitive interface -Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable) -Customizable pipeline -People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it. -Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium) -Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline. -On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cons:

-A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles) -Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)

Victoria
HRIS Specialist in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal

Comments: Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.

HR Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use product!

Pros:

Functionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.

Cons:

One thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."

Cheryl
Captain in US
Law Enforcement Software, 51–200 Employees

Simpsonville PD Review

Comments: I think it is a great program. I like the ease of posting and accessing so many people with the one post. I like the accessibility of resumes that can be attached.

Pros:

I like how it branches out to many different companies with one posting. I also like the ease of how to contact the interested candidates.

Cons:

I haven't fount a feature that I like the least. It is pretty simple to use and allows us to have access to a vast amount of people that we would not generally reach with just our website.

2 years ago

Great to hear we're hitting the mark, Cheryl. Thanks for your review, and for being a Workable fan!

Elizabeth
HR Specialist
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It was a great stepping stone

Comments: If you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around.

Pros:

Workable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.

Cons:

Workable's pricing structure isn't conducive to our needs anymore, it's gotten expensive for the platform that it is. There's no email automation aside from template creation, you can't create different pipeline stages for different roles - you are stuck with one pipeline for all your reqs. Outlook integration does NOT work well.

Mohamed
BPA Consultant in Egypt

Very good Value for Money

Comments: the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS
the System features is developing which is something exciting.

Pros:

1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS 2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System. 3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS 4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well 5- customizable pipeline. 6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS. 7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job. 8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate 9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

Cons:

1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages 2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited. 3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

Cinde
Recruiting Lead
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

New pricing is making this product not a good choice for smaller companies with recruiters who need a feature rich ATS system.

Comments: This is a great product and I'm very frustrated that in a very short time they have cut out the smaller companies with their pricing. I really had not planned on looking at other ATS systems but worry what else is ahead for the "legacy" users.

Pros:

Up till now I have been very happy with this product. New enhancements have slowly been coming out and when a bug is found it is reported and fixed in acceptable time. Support is very reactive and easy to work with. When I chose this software, I liked that they charged by the job and not by the user, since I'm the main one that uses it with 6 others using the interview part of the pipeline and we only need about 10 jobs at one time.

Cons:

For my small boutique consulting firm, what turned out to be a pro has now turned into a con. the cost is the main issue.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

One of the best ATS for small and medium sized companies

Comments: The product was of great help while we were rapidly expanding without a structure to our hiring. Workable allowed us to customize the job flow as we required

Pros:

The tool has been a great asset for your organization. it allows us to pick and customize the modules that we want to use and expand as we need. We also love the attention to detail and their understanding of the recruitment process. Features like easy sharing of profiles with hiring managers, candidate feedback and tracking have been built with great care and thought. Its made our recruiters work a lot easier

Cons:

The software has certain drawbacks when implemented at a large scale. The ATS might not be the easiest to scale and minor bugs can be found occasionally.

Daniel
HR director in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Great program

Pros:

The ease of use and a quick implementation of the program. The evaluation or assessment made it so easy to have a review board and communication was so much easier between team members. The able to connect to my existing HRIS system makes onboarding easier.

Cons:

Nothing it has made everything so much easier

Roxy
Operations Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Made my life easier!

Comments: Organized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!

Pros:

Keeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.

Cons:

Messages meant to be sent within the company were sent to the candidate by different stakeholders, ie more than one person made this mistake which means this is a flaw in the design. Talent pool was also a bit confusing, I'd like to move candidates from Talent Pool to a pipeline and vice versa.

Diego
Recruiting Manager in Philippines
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement

Comments: Workable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser.

Pros:

* Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process. * Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs. * Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process. * Quickly pull up social media information.

Cons:

* Gmail conversations do not always sync, which leaves you needing to use Workable. * Duplicates are not recognized by the system. * Social media information is not always accurate.

Design, 11–50 Employees

Great customer service!

Pros:

It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors. Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.

Cons:

The only real downside is the database search is somewhat cheap. I'm a huge pipeline recruiter- their hashtags to categorize help but a boolean search function would be awesome.

Nivin
System Engineer in India
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Simple and effective applicant tracking system

Pros:

Whatever advertisement you post, gets automatically posted in free job sites and you get more reach and this feature is available in both free and paid versions. The application is very cost effective. A clean and intuitive interface is provided. It is one of simplest applicant tracking system. The pipeline feature is very much customizable. You are provided with a people search google chrome extension which reduces time consumption. There is this on and off mode, as payment is concerned, you need to only pay for the time you use the application. The applicants can also apply via linked in. the application provides a lot of integrations including HRIS and other screening tools. The available email and interview templates help in simplifying the process and reduces the time lag. The interfaces are easy to use for both the users as well as the applicants. Very responsive customer service and support system.

Cons:

The Application is a little pricey for small firms even though the features are well suited for startups.

Inga
UX Research Lead in Lithuania
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Review from a non HR person

Comments: our company uses the software because we do have a lot of hires and it saves terrific time for communication and reviewing candidates/ profiles.

Pros:

I like the "all in one place" feeling and comments section. This was a new product to me and I found it usable, easy to learn and intuitive enough.

Cons:

What I didn't like is delays in email notifications to my email when a new candidate or comments arrive. Somehow after I receive an email that a new candidate has applied, I go to the system and find out that this happened 6-8-12 hours before...