About GoCodes

No more missing tools! Track your tools with our easy-to-use solution that includes rugged labels, cloud software & scanner apps!

Learn more about GoCodes

Pros:

Phone app works really well with the included bar codes. Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons:

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

GoCodes ratings

4.0

8.0/10

GoCodes has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 223 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoCodes before?

Jordan
Project Manager in New Zealand
Furniture, 201-500 Employees

GoCodes for Commercial Furniture

Comments: Fantastic product and very responsive customer service and support. The team at GoCodes made it very simple to set up and provided plenty of support during the onboarding process.

Pros:

GoCodes has been a great addition to our toolset. We utilise it to manage our sample and trial stock across multiple storage facilities and client sites. Our Sales team use it for issuing and tracking samples, retrieving quick information on products and locating samples in storage. Our Operations team use it for stocktaking and depreciation. Its great having a single source of truth which can be updated and accessed by all our mobile phones. We can now ensure we don't have lost samples and saved time in our stocktakes.

Cons:

One pain point which isn't a fault of the software is that our storage facilities have poor mobile reception, which means that when we stocktake we take photos of the barcodes and scan them later once we have reception again. It would be great if the app could cache the scanned barcodes then update them once the app goes back online.

4 months ago

Hello Jordan, thank you for the great review, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. You suggestion to cache scans when their is not network available has been forwarded to the development team for review. We also have an option where you can use a Satellite Internet connection which will work from almost anywhere.

Anatoly
Partner in Norway
Furniture, 2-10 Employees

Gocodes Review

Comments: Overall good, but as mentioned, lacking some basic functions that would make it great and reccomendable.

Pros:

What I like most is that it provides a fast and easy solution to keeping track of the furniture we have loaned-out.

Cons:

This software has potential to be very good, but it lacks some features. 1. Images in Asset List view: Could be improved by thumbnail images for all assets. Currently, the user needs to hover over one by one in order to see a the asset image, or change views entirely. 2. If I check-in an asset manually, it still shows the previous scanned location on the map. A work around is to always scan assets when we check them in, but do not always have time for that. We can manually change the location, but it is also time consuming. If we check in at our location, it is obvious that the asset has moved. IT would be nice if this could be automated better. 3. Ability to do basic editing of asset images. Simple Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Would make it much faster and easier. Currrently we need to edit each image before uploading, and if we want to make a change, like show the asset in a mirrored position or increase the images brighness, we need to upload a new image entirely.

2 years ago

Hello Anatoly, thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions. I will share you feedback with the development team.

Keri
Tech Coordinator in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

GoCodes is a must for asset tracking in education

Comments: The customer service of GoCodes leaves much to be desired. I have never been able to get a straight answer or actual help with an issue or quote. It's nice that the program is pretty self-explanatory - so we've been able to work out issues on our own.

Pros:

GoCodes are easily scanned with the app - or online input from the internet. There are many areas that I can add information about a particular asset. I can run reports very easily - and customize that report for my school's needs.

Cons:

The new stickers they are using do not hold up well. I'm sure they would work in a corporate setting - but with students touching and using the assets everyday - the stickers where out or fade very quickly.

4 months ago

Hello Keri, thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review of GoCodes. For the labels we offer a wide range of upgrade options which would be better suited to your school environment. Let us know if you would like to know more about these options. Sorry to hear our customer service has not met your expectations. If you need help please email, chat or call. We would love to learn more about what happened as we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer support and service.

Joshua
Safety Manager in US

Tools and Safety Equipment Inventory

Comments: Amazing! We will continue to use Go Codes for all of our inventory, and fleet, needs. It has saved us so much time looking for tools and shortages. And time is money!

Pros:

Go Codes is extremely User Friendly. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and/or smart phones can easily learn how to utilize the entire system in just a couple of hours. The features of this product are simple enough that I can easily manipulate menus, change information, update photos and change descriptions. we have used it for all of our tools, safety equipment and Fleet Vehicles.

Cons:

The only feature I wish I had, is the ability to create "kits". For example; if we issue a tool kit to a carpenter, we have to add each tool to Go Codes and then add a key word that will allow us to easily find each tool for that particular kit, without having to spend a lot of time searching. Adding a "kit" feature will allow us to add entire kits, with an attached inventory sheet listing each tool in that particular kit. So, if one carpenter is issued "Kit 1", all I have to do is search "Kit 1" and each tool will populate under that one kit.

3 years ago

Hello Joshua, thanks for the great review. We're glad your seeing the benefits of using GoCodes to track and manage your tools and equipment.

Sam
Educational Facilitator (I also manage the inventory) in Canada
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Excellent inventory system

Comments: We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Pros:

• The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same • The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Cons:

• The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

3 years ago

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

Melissa
Associate Director of Care Services in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Program for Organizing Inventory

Comments: We are greatly satisfied with using GoCodes at the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter. While it is time consuming to scan and enter everything on the front end, it makes it so easy to keep track of who has what piece of equipment and what is available to our patients. The app is user friendly and makes the process of checking in/out so easy while on the road.

Pros:

This is an easy to use program that allows me to inventory all of our assistive technology and durable medical equipment that we loan out to patients. The app allows us to check in/out on the go and with ease. I can easily run a search to see how many of each type of device we have and what is available to loan out.

Cons:

I wish there were more features in the reports that can be ran (ie how long a piece of equipment has been out).

4 months ago

Hello Melissa, thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear that we're helping you track and manage your loaned DME equipment. You mention wanting a report that shows how long a piece of equipment has been checked out. Did you know you can get that information from the Asset Assignment report or via the Enterprise Reporting feature were we can show how long each item has been checked out, measure utilization and more.

Delivery & Mastering Coordinator in US
Entertainment, 501-1,000 Employees

Meets Expectations

Comments: For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Pros:

When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Cons:

A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

4 years ago

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

April
Operations Manager in US

Best bang for your buck

Comments: My experience from the very beginning has been wonderful. Anytime I have needed help, I have received a prompt answer. And this is the first company that I can honestly say took my concerns to the developers and made what I wanted happen.

Pros:

GoCodes is super simple to implement and begin using. I have shown several people within our company how to use the system in the event that I am not available. Training takes less than 10 minutes due to the simplification of the product. I would 100% recommend this product to any small business and even larger ones that are just starting to manage their inventory or assets.

Cons:

I would like to be able to use a handheld scanner instead of my cell phone to scan products just because I don't like having to pull my cell phone out constantly.

4 months ago

Best bang for your buck! What a great comment, glad you are getting value from GoCodes. Love that you really appreciated our customer service and ease of use too.

Christi
Office Admin in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

GoCodes for construction asset management

Comments: It's difficult for me to get my field workers on board if they don't understand how to use it, but because Go Codes doesn't provide training materials, I have had to create my own. My rep makes me feel stupid every time I call to ask for help.

Pros:

Expensive tools and equipment get moved around on a daily basis here. Having a tracking system is helping to make that process less chaotic.

Cons:

The process of setting up and rolling out this program has been very time consuming. We have had to label every single piece of equipment and tools and now I'm tasked with training the field staff on how to use the app. I asked my rep if there were any already existing training tools (power point presentations, manuals), but they just directed me to the youtube videos that are really only for admin use, not field use. Also, it would be great to have some resources in Spanish since the construction industry has a high volume of Spanish speaking workers.

2 years ago

Hello Christi, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I will take your suggestion about wanted training materials for your team and see what we have available.

Brandon
Facility Manager in US

GoCodes review

Comments: It’s okay. Something’s could be better.

Pros:

That I the administrator or any employee user can look on the app and see where a item is rather than calling me asking where it is and me spending time finding out where it is and telling them.

Cons:

That when someone is checking out a item with GoCodes it sends me a notification for me to check it out rather than automatically checking it out and just giving me a notification that it has been checked out.

4 months ago

Hello Brandon, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad to hear it's saving you and your team time locating tools and equipment at different job sites. It sounds like you are asking your team to public scan the barcode and send message to check out an item. If they have a login and login first, they will be able to complete their own check outs. Hope that helps. If not please feel free to call, email or chat with our support team.

Terry
Account Manager in Canada
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

Great Product

Comments: Fantastic! We were lost without this and it has provided great structure.

Pros:

Provides ability to apply a GoCode to an asset and create history and details that can be accessed at a later date. For equipment being sent to customers around the world this makes it very easy to track location and details for spare parts and preventative maintenance.

Cons:

Sometimes noticed slow access but I believe this depends on internet access and location. Have had the stickers come off in certain wet environments.

4 months ago

'Fantastic! We were lost without this and it has provided great structure.' what a great comment. Thank you for sharing your feedback. You mentioned that some sticked had come off. Did you know we offer rugged custom label options designed for use in harsh environments. Please let us know if these would be of interest?

simon
Operations Manager in Norway
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Review from Norway

Comments: GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Pros:

i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Cons:

I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

6 years ago

Thanks for the review. It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Jason
MGR Customer Care in US
Machinery, 11-50 Employees

Go Codes saving me time

Comments: Helps me save time!

Pros:

I can identify machines on sites when a tech does not send me info. I have found lost units and identified what unit we were looking for.

Cons:

Could always have room for more pictures on site Sometimes when searching there is a glich from the search---

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online and EZOfficeInventory

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes: Pricing at the time . QB just not where it needed to be at the time!

4 months ago

Hello Jason, love to hear that you rate us 10 out of 10! Specially that we save you so much time tracking your equipment.

Karen
Administrator in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Protect your assets by tracking

Comments: Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros:

Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons:

For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

4 years ago

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Allison
President in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Saves us money and helps avoid conflict!

Comments: We use this software for rental items, and while it only allows us to keep one picture, and does not yet provide notifications to admin on check-in and check-outs (assignments), it has helped the warehouses and customer service team IMMENSELY in communication about the items, and our customers find it hard to wiggle out of paying for lost items that are clearly scanned out to them and not returned. We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well! thanks GoCodes!

Pros:

The images, custom fields, app tools, and location services.

Cons:

No email to admin on assignment and unassignment

6 years ago

Thanks for the review. We are evaluating adding asset assignment notifications as a new feature.

Franklin
EMS Supervisor in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great inventory system for static assets

Comments: This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Pros:

The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Cons:

The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system

4 years ago

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact [email protected]

Tamlin
Office Assistant in US
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees

Easy Check In and Check Out

Comments: We love the bulk discount and the kind attention from Todd Penny. He's the best!

Pros:

We love how easy it is to scan an item in and out of the department. It's FAST and easy. The Faculty love it and the students find it easy too. No more hassles!

Cons:

It does take some time to put all the info for each item into the GoCode system, but it would be that way with any system.

4 years ago

Hello Tamlin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use check in and out features! For data entry, have you tried the Update All feature in the mobile apps that will make it very fast for entering lots of near identical assets? We also offer an optional data upload service using an Excel spreadsheet which can really help in that area.

Edwin
Analyst in Honduras
Textiles, 1,001-5,000 Employees

GoCodes The Best in Inventory

Pros:

It is easy to use, it has tools implemented that help make it easier to search for the inventory physically, you have the information of your digital inventory and without problems, you can download your data from your own GoCodes account and thus work your way too.

Cons:

Just the part of being able to link the GoCodes database with the Power Bi software.

2 years ago

Thanks Edwin for the great review. Delighted to hear you think GoCodes is 'The Best in Inventory'.

Jackie
President in US

GoCodes Review

Comments: IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros:

I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons:

I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

4 years ago

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Elizabeth
Site Manager in US
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Functionality of the Service

Comments: The issues has be partially solved

Pros:

It does not take too much time to scan items.

Cons:

inaccuracy in our historical of inventory.

4 months ago

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Sounds like you experienced an issue but that it's not completely resolved. I know that can be very frustrating and we want to help. Can you please contact a member of our support team via email, phone or chat and we would be delighted to help you.

Tom
Tom
Sole Proprietor/Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Held my inventory list hostage

Comments: As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Pros:

The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Cons:

wasn't friendly to the small business owner

4 years ago

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

Christopher
Program Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such

Comments: Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Pros:

Great GPS tracking and map locator App is great and easy to use Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice. Effective for its use.

Cons:

The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read. Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

5 years ago

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

Nick
Shop manager / project manager in US

Decent product

Comments: Overall works well does what I need and what I expected. Won’t say it exceeds my expectations but is a decent asset management tool

Pros:

Maintenance of our equiptment tool very helpful. Monitoring where it was last scanned

Cons:

It’s tough to scan in limited light. And the scan sticker has a tough time staying on our often used landscape equiptment

4 years ago

Hello Nick, good to hear your feedback that GoCodes was very helpful. You mentioned scanning in low light and did you know that you can turn on your smartphone light to solve that issue. Also you mentioned the labels. We offer a range of tougher materials like metal foil and metal tags which may be better suited to your project.

Patrick
Account Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great for small business!

Comments: So far we are happy with the experience. it has definitely helped in the areas we needed it to.

Pros:

Ease of access and the interface are fairly easy to use. You can access this software and use it in the field or at the office. Great for inventory tracking and rental equipment.

Cons:

Sometimes things can get lost in the system of did not register when "checked out" minor bugs here and there but normal for most online systems.

4 months ago

Hello Patrick, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a very positive detailed review of GoCodes. You mention sometimes things do not register as checked out. If you can share more information or recreate the issue we would be delighted to help get it resolved. You can contact our support team via online chat, phone or email.

Frank
Technology Specialist in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

GO CODES almost there

Comments: Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros:

We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons:

Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

4 years ago

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.