About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Pros:

In addition, I like the integration with Microsoft Teams as an additional way to collaborate.

Cons:

Sometimes I get lost with the layers or locking content. I feel that this feature could be set differently.

Miro ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.9/10

Miro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,035 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Miro before?

Filter reviews (1,036)

Angelo
Angelo
Student in Philippines
E-Learning, Self Employed

Collaborate better with Miro!

Comments: It's one of the best. A whiteboard, a notebook, and a planner all at once and we don't need many physical copies so everyone can access it, we just need a link for the team.

Pros:

What I like most is the unlimited space for the board since I can expand the board longer as I need more space. I can also lock shapes and texts so as to make sure that it won't be edited. Lastly, the best part is I can connect it to other apps for easy monitoring such as Zoom or GMeet.

Cons:

What I like least is that we can't meet on the Miro itself. I think it's going to be a lot better if Miro board has a call option where we don't have to connect to other conference softwares.

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Collaboration and PM are easy with Miro

4.0 last month New

Comments: Miro excels in providing a framework for structuring data. Miro also makes it simple to create shared boards for group work. In my current use case, I cannot imagine a situation where Miro would be less suitable or less fit.

Pros:

Miro is used in many ways in my organization, both internally and externally, and in a wide range of projects and interactions with stakeholders. We use the software for conceptualization and planning, charting the customer and partner journey, designing processes, and gathering user input. It's useful to be able to see ideas on a screen and work on them with a group of people all at once.

Cons:

It may take a while to grant someone access to the board. Once or twice, someone we added to the board didn't immediately gain edit privileges, but I suspect this was due to a problem rather than a lack of features.

Ryan
Ryan
Marketing Analytics Engineer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

Pros:

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

Cons:

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Director, Customer Technology in US
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros:

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons:

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

Alternatives Considered: FigJam

Reasons for Choosing Miro: I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

Switched From: FigJam

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager, IPMA, PMP in Panama
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro, and the use of an agile perspective of collaborative and team work.

Comments: It's a spectacular platform, which allows developing joint work for dynamic and complex environments in a simple way, in addition to having multiple integrations with third parties, and the incorporation of agile methodologies such as kanban, predesigned templates, and the facility to parameterize the application with the logo and colors of the organization.

Pros:

It's useful for teamwork and task assignment, with the possibility of making notifications, generating progress in real-time or asynchronously, producing and documenting strategies, setting team goals, designing workflows, and generally maintaining communication with all participants.

Cons:

Although collaborating on boards using our mobile might not be so easy, Miro has developed an APP to keep us interacting with our work team using our smartphones, and from here we can incorporate ideas and post comments without the need to be in front of a laptop.

Naveed
Director in US

Good software but has some glitches

4.0 last month New

Comments: As I mentioned Miro has pioneered many features in this space. I used it for quite a while, but have since moved to another system. It's good, but the UX glitches had me find an alternative. I'd still recommend it, but depending on your needs, there may be better tools out there.

Pros:

When it works it works really well. This is one of the more modern drawing systems out there and in many ways one of the pioneers in this area.

Cons:

The usability can be a little counter-intuitive in many places. I've tried to use it for collaboration with job-interview candidates, but many of the candidates had a hard time getting on it. It's not as simple or seamless as it could be.

Mathieu
Lead, Product in Canada
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Miro: the go-to collaboration tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: Ease of use, sharing, redimensioning and collaborating during workshops are definitely the best parts. The management part (ex: spreadsheets-like information) is lacking.

Pros:

What is most useful about Miro is the ease of resizing, redimensioning *any* element in a board. I use this all the time. Saves me so much iteration pain

Cons:

The embed features are very sketchy to use and to scale. Also: find a way to "incorporate" people who are used to spreadsheets because the grid view seem like an after-thought :)

Alternatives Considered: FigJam, Lucidchart, ClickUp and Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: The same reason I use Zoom or Google Meet: convenience by design (and everybody are more likely to be familiar with those as well)

Adam
Special Projects Coordinator in Canada
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees

A companion for your brain

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been a very valuable tool for sorting information, ideas, and for early-stage project planning. It's become a favorite tool.

Pros:

Miro is a flexible and powerful tool that works well with my brain - it's becoming my go-to tool for brainstorming, ideation, and just trying to make sense of ideas, information, and frameworks. The UI, canvas and tool design makes the tool a delightful extension of my mind, instead of being 'in the way' like many other tools.

Cons:

I'd have to get pretty nit-picky to find something that I really don't like about Miro. It really does 'just work'... the UX is highly intuitive and features are just there when I need them.

Ranadeep
Ranadeep
Graduate Student in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Miro is great for collaborating and working with others

5.0 last month New

Comments: Miro is easy to use and invite others into shared boards. I use Miro for ideating, creating proptypes, flowcharts, To-Dos, and more.

Pros:

The real-time whiteboard nature of Miro allows me and my colleagues and classmates to work seamlessly and ideate on things even while working remotely.

Cons:

Some admin features are locked and it's difficult to get in touch with Admin in a large org

Amit
Community Manager in Portugal
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees

Review - Miro

Comments: Miro is a an excellent brainstorming tool for our team that helps us collect our thoughts and give them a healthy direction. Highly recommended.

Pros:

Miro makes life super easy during the ideation phase - it makes brainstorming sessions organized and efficient.

Cons:

The only downside was the struggle while using the team video conference while brainstorming together.

Alternatives Considered: Conceptboard

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Miro has a great reputation and it stands well with it - the features are user-friendly! :)

Melissa
Melissa
Game Developer in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

Comments: From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros:

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons:

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Kenneth
Kenneth
Director in UK
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

Comments: With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication. MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously. I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system. Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful.
(I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros:

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons:

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board. Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US

Excellent experience in collaborative work

Comments: For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros:

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons:

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Maisarah
Maisarah
Brand Manager in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard

Comments: Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros:

Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons:

It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

Yann
Yann
Consultant in Finland
Online Media, Self Employed

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros:

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to. The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place. Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it. In particular, there are two features I like about Miro. Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few. You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too. Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic! Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons:

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas. The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Anthony
Teacher in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Comments: I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros:

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons:

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Sohaib
Sohaib
Founder in UK
Market Research Software, 2-10 Employees

Simply the best whiteboard software available

Comments: It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros:

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard. Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place. Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons:

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
Content Manager in Argentina

The most versatile board tool

Comments: The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros:

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons:

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Jael
Strategist in Netherlands
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Great online collaboration tool

Comments: Miro kinda saved me when I didn't have any alternatives in facilitating my creative sessions when Covid hit. I was able to implement it very quickly and it resonates to most of the users I have so far introduced it to. Great tools and templates to make work efficient.

Pros:

It is a very reliable collaborative tool that provides a very intuitive user experience even for the most digitally challenged users. Most of all, it makes many dreadful meetings more fun.

Cons:

As an admin it is difficult to manage my team. Currently it is very hard to control the type of membership of people in my organization. I have paid members, free members, trial members, free non-team users and everything in between. It seems like I cannot find a proper approach to have people join as a free member, it just happens, or doesn't. Also, it's a bit annoying that opening a board results in the 'hand' tool by default, while there are many other navigational tools available. Set the normal cursor as default instead?

Alternatives Considered: Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Easier in use

Spartak
Product marketing manager in China
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

Comments: I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain.
Miro help me to:
1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product
2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions)
3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time
4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel
5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references.
New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time. It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros:

So lets start with what I like: 1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies 2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing 3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons:

Cons: 1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved. 2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

César
César
Computer engineer in Panama
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

The best tool for collaborative work

Comments: Miro is a jewel of a platform, I used it in my school time to organize collaborative projects and it never failed me, I always had a tool at hand that helped me and my group to maintain productivity. Miro works very well from any point of view, from a businessman, a student, an ordinary person, etc. Miro is an excellent program that you should try because you will surely find something that will be useful for your life.

Pros:

Miro is an excellent platform for productivity and collaborative work, it has many features, but I think those two are the ones that best define the platform. It has a pretty nice-looking interface, very optimized, you have all the functions from the home page, that's good because it helps save a lot of time. There are many templates available to the user that allow us to save a lot of time and work. Group project management it's excellent, it's where Miro shines because it has an impressive suite of collaborative tools, from task management, time management, brainstorming, calendars, diagrams, and everything. Miro is a 5-star platform that whoever you are will surely find a use for it.

Cons:

The price to get all the features can be very expensive, this is a hindrance because the free version has many limitations.

Andrew
Andrew
Business Analyst in UK
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Solid, approachable, and frequently updated.

Comments: It's always great to have a tool that can be used on every day of a project. It comes in handy in the initial "ideation" stages and can be relied upon though to the planning/sequencing of releases.

Pros:

Miro is a fantastic tool that enables collaboration when working remotely. I've used it for mapping, presentations, retros, brainstorming etc. The limit is essentially your own imagination. It's approachable, yet deceptively complex - like all good tools.

Cons:

It's difficult to find cons with Miro. Initially the navigation was clunky - but that was fixed in a recent update with the "right click to move" functionality. It can occasionally drain my laptop's resources or run slowly. However I suspect that may be due to the size and complexity of the boards that we force upon it.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro is good with digital whiteboard

Pros:

I really like that there are not limitation on Miro usefulness as it has been a great additional software that has help me and my team to express our idea on the virtual discussion. It work seamlessly that now we can't have online meeting without it anymore.

Cons:

The text search feature is too slow when i searching for any text or notes that i use on the whiteboard. Sometime, it will even returning result that are not related with the keyword that i have entered and left me frustrating.

Project Manager in US

Game changer for remote work and collaboration!

Comments: It's been an awesome experience and helped me see how my coworkers and teams work together in a whole new light. I have used multiple different whiteboard, flowchart software, etc and this is just clean and pretty fun.

Pros:

I love that I can have dozens of people on a board I create and we can all work on it together, from wherever we are in the world. AND it is so easy, and presents so well for my meetings.

Cons:

It gets pretty pricy for the size of my company right now, if we were to upgrade to the level where we could have multiple teams. That and as a software company, we hope someday we will be able to import UQL data eventually!

Alex
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A teachers ode to miro

Comments: Been really dynamic and enjoyable.

Pros:

This product has been very versatile for myself and colleagues. We have been using it to collaborate inside our individual classrooms as well as cross curricular work. I have been using this app as the landing pad for all of my projects this year.

Cons:

I need more team member slots. My plan is to get our entire school on this app as our defacto collaboration space. We are partnered with a research institution known as XQ that has led us to experimental lesson delivery. This app has been great for visual learners