15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Unleashed

Unleashed Software provides a powerful platform to accurately manage your inventory in real-time.

Learn more about Unleashed

Pros:

Fast and easy pick/pack/dispatch module. Purchasing and Landed Costs are a breeze.

Cons:

Lack of mobile stock management app. FIFO product costing (Unleashed uses average cost model).

Unleashed ratings

4.3
4.5
4.1
4.2

8.6/10

Unleashed has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 283 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Unleashed before?

Reuben
Reuben
Co-founder in New Zealand
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Heavy on Features, Easy to Use Inventory App that connects with Xero and QBO

Comments: Using Unleashed I finally have a process for everything inventory related in my business from purchasing, manufacturing, through to pick/pack/dispatch/invoice and everything in between. Staff finally have to tools they need to do their jobs effectively without resorting to a series of unconnected spreadsheets. I can see at any time my stock on hand, what products, product categories, customers and customer segments are making me the most revenue and margin. I can now use that information to offer the right products to the right people at the right price and the right time :D

Pros:

Despite being feature-rich Unleashed is easy to use. Staff pick up their parts of the process quickly. It's worth noting that Unleashed is also the ONLY inventory app in the Xero space that does manufacturing well. Unleashed also has flexible and easy to use reporting that doesn't require a computer science degree. Any staff member can retrieve and customise the reports they need to do their jobs.

Cons:

At the time of this review Unleashed does not: - Provide stock on hand at the bin level (unless all products of that SKU are in the same bin) - Provide demand forecasting

Michelle
Michelle
Admin and Marketing Manager in Australia
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Amazing ERP (once you get your head around) and great support to get us functioning

Comments: I have installed the Unleashed solution for a food company and I went into the project not realising how complicated the structure of the company is - lots of channels, growth without process, gut feeling but no data. This complication proved even more why we needed the Unleashed ERP solution but took a little extra instruction to get my head around how we needed to set all of this up.
I so appreciate the support of particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has also been super helpful - plus the others who have helped with random questions. The online tools provided by Unleashed, the videos and instructions are super helpful too.

Pros:

After spending time building several disconnected spreadsheet I was excited that Unleashed could give us all of this analytical data in a central and connected place. This tool is so incredibly functional. Now we are functional we love that we can - connect our Production, Purchasing and Sales in the same tool - access data in a central place which is accurate and up to date - feeling more comfortable about growth as we expand across various channels while having a real time view of stock available and what parts of Assembled products we need to order to make sure stock is always available - special reports like price margin for us to see where we may have missed a product or line is not making us enough profit - the additional functionality that we can integrate in

Cons:

It's a little complicated to get your head around. We have a complicated business with so many different channels and ways that we assemble our products so this contributed to the complications. It also took me a while to build the BOM's but again, we are a little complicated. Sometimes it was hard to find answers on the available tools to questions and sometimes support did not resolve an issue with me in a timely manner to resolve but in general the team went above and beyond, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but also [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a few others in support which I so appreciate. Tip / idea for the Unleashed team: maybe speak to customers like me after to better design the answers/FAQ's knowledge base - not just providing the broad answers but the nitty gritty stuff that i needed to speak to someone about. I would always do lots of research on available knowledge base before I sent an email to support but could not find the answers. Perhaps an FAQ database that has key words with the curly issues that I'm sure others would have experienced be more easily accessible and reduce the amount of time that I needed to get in touch with the support teams. For example: I spent ages trying to work out why my initial stocktake would not show the available stock but could not find anywhere that I should not do a stocktake on supplier stock that is auto-dissasembled but that I should provide the numbers of the raw stock that is broken up into BOM's. Great if was in a Knowledge Base

Brenton
Operations in Australia
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Frustrating New Features + Customer Service

Comments: Generally, frustrating. They are getting better, but expect to pay a lot and dance to their tune.

Pros:

We've had Unleashed since just after its inception. It's functional and reliable, but requires a lot of time to learn all the features to maximixe your experience... which can be hard for small business. If you don't set it up correctly from the outset you can be in big trouble (ie. the data you send to Xero won't be correct).

Cons:

Unleashed isn't cheap. Their customer service is traditionally OK (traditionally via logging an online inquiry), but they recently added an new auto-sign-up, opt-out premium customer service option with a 3 months free trial. We apparently received one email informing us (?) - and no reminder to opt out. The problem was we never had the new features added to our profile (ie. we didn't know the features we didn't have), and so started playing $79 p/month for a premium customers service package (live online messenger service + phone number) that we didn't actually receive - and couldn't access. Trying to discuss this and rationalise with them was like talking to a robot. They offered a very small token credit as a gesture of goodwilll - after many emails. Their roll out strategy for a new opt-out services was tricky to say the least. It's money over service at Unleashed. I'm not one to write reviews, but felt it was necessary this time as a gesture of goodwill to other potential customers.

Unleashed Software Response

7 months ago

Hi Brenton, thank you for your review. Our apologies that the Customer Success Plan came as a surprise: The goal with enabling the Standard Customer Success Plan for all of our customers was to allow you to experience the premium phone and live chat features. Whilst we sent emails confirming this change to all Account and Billing Owners, we understand that we could've communicated this more directly. We're really sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, and we appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention. Please contact our Customer Support Team if you have any further questions surrounding our Customer Success Plans.

Dale
General Manager in New Zealand
Chemicals, 11–50 Employees

We've Grown With Unleashed

Comments: It is great that we can contact Unleashed and speak directly with someone who can help us with our issues, its the great people and service at Unleashed that makes them a valuable partner for our business.

Pros:

Unleashed is user intuitive for navigation and it is easy to jump from one screen to the next using the hyperlinks.

Cons:

When we started with Unleashed, the pricing options weren't flexible enough for us; however Unleashed took on board our recommendations and now have pricing options that work very well for us.

Jack
Director in New Zealand
Farming, 2–10 Employees

Otago Fencing Supplies

Comments: So far so good. We've taken our time getting everything ready before Go Live and we're already seeing the benefits. Our Customer Service champion has been great. The customer service rep has taken her time to explain everything clearly since inception and has certainly made the whole experience more fluid as a result.

Pros:

It's great for multi warehouse visibility. The ease of use is very helpful with on boarding team members.

Cons:

Lack of analytical ability within the software.

Tom
Tom
Operations Manager in UK
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11–50 Employees

It does everything we need and more!

Pros:

After trialing a number of Inventory systems, I decided on Unleashed. It was perfectly suited to our business model as we needed multiple warehouses, the ability to create a bill of materials, assemble products and work in multi-currencies, oh and with the simple integration with Xero it was a definite winner! I'd initially signed up for a trail version of Unleashed just to see if it really did do what it said it could do. I was impressed. One of the Sales Execs at Unleashed was always on hand during our trial - nothing was ever too much trouble. After 2 weeks of thoroughly testing the trial version, we subscribed to a Medium User Plan. The API integration with Xero was so unbelievably easy. Online Support is great, to date we have only had to raise two Support tickets to query a CSV import and from logging the ticket to a resolution that was less than one hour! I cannot thank him and the Support team at Unleashed enough. The software is intuitive and extremely user-friendly - I even declined one of their Onboarding Sessions because I felt it wasn't needed. Feedback from all of the team here has been positive.Training was never an issue as all team members picked up the new system so easily. Subscribe to an Unleashed trial today - you won't be disappointed! It'll make your business life so much easier to manage!

Cons:

Sometimes it can be a little slow logging in, however that is probably our internet connection as we are in North Wales rather than a bug in Unleashed itself. We are on the Medium Plan which suits our business perfectly. I think the costs could escalate quite quickly for larger businesses.

Gethsun
Gethsun
Supply Chain & Logistics Associate in Kenya
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

Unleashed Review

Comments: Ability to integrate with bar-coding and inventory tracking hardware

Pros:

Assembly of materials especially the auto-assembly feature saves a lot of time I also like the availability of a mobile app making approval & completion of sales orders super efficient

Cons:

Lack of core accounting capabilities unless cannot be connected to banks and also the software randomly renders pages incorrectly

Kirsty
Kirsty
Finance Manager in UK
Construction

A smooth on-boarding

Pros:

On boarding was a relatively simple process. I have no experience in setting up new systems but this was smooth and if I got stuck at any point, the Unleashed on boarding team was super helpful. The support team (via email) have had a remarkably fast response time and have been great in responding to any issue I have had since! Training our small team to use the software was quick and easy and the team find it easy to use. The unleashed software puts some barriers in place that can be annoying (e.g. need a purchase order for every purchase/need to raise a credit relating to an order) but this all leads to a super accurate inventory! Reports showing margins and split down by sales person or department have been brilliant for tracking and reporting to directors. The Xero Integration is wonderful and one of the main reasons we looked into using Unleashed.

Cons:

A lot of our stock we buy from our sister company which means that the inventory is not 'in stock' this means we need to do a purchase order for ever sales order which is quite some extra work. Also you have to pay for phone support on my plan which I feel sometimes I just need whenI need to sort something - but we don't pay and the email support has been great so it's not a big deal! :)

Linda
Linda
New Zealand

Unleashed support is exceptional with the team going to all lengths to resolve issues and queries.

Pros:

Unleashed is logical in its use and the design means it is easy to find everything. It has the functionality to cover most business operations. The pricing is good and I like that Premium Support is required for just four months. Most clients have their operational queries sorted by then. It provides clear and concise information about product sales. The integration with Shopify saves so much time as orders don't need to be manually entered. This is a great feature with businesses moving more online.

Cons:

The removal of negative inventory. Most clients require this feature even if just to overcome timing of getting new stock arrivals recorded. It's somewhat inflexible when purchase orders have been placed and invoice arrives with a different purchase price. The item prices cannot be amended. The Dashboard sales figure is based on sales order completion date rather than sales order actual date. This creates a discrepancy in sales between Unleashed and Xero.

Paul
Paul
Co-founder in UK

Making our lives easier and more productive

Pros:

Unleashed made it so much easier for us to do away with the 5 different spreadsheets and allowed us to accuratelt manage our complex supply chain and importantly free up a lot of my time. When mixed with Xero I feel very confident in the financial and management reports we produce. We're much more productive as a business because of it.

Cons:

Although the software does well at adapting to the majority of our business needs there are a few requirements that we don't have a good work around for. Mainly, we sell our beer in our own kegs that we need to keep track of. There is no easy way of keeping track of which kegs go to which customer and also when they have been returned.

Marcus
Director in Australia
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

How good is it when things just work

Comments: Unleashed has been a breath of fresh air for my company. We have pushed the boundaries with what we expected from unleashed we have a mobile workforce with reps aged from young to old / We have reps from our industry and some from beyond / we run multiple warehouses we have 1000's of sku numbers / we have multiple suppliers for the same product and I can not praise this system enough. The system handles all this with ease somehow. After returning from our Christmas holidays turning on unleashed again after the break was almost as good as a late Christmas gift its just great to have something that works and works well at your fingertips. I tell other business people I meet it is similar to when I got an iPhone I never read the instructions you just somehow know how to use it. Whilst I find new things and different ways of doing it our business has changed upped a few gears since installing unleashed. Training our reps took less than 5 minutes (yes less than 5 minutes) they did have experience on our older system but it was totally unrelated and as different as chalk and cheese as unleashed works and the other (no words can describe feelings towards the previous system). They had a few questions from time to time but they were all super impressed. The order entering time has halved in time and information regarding stock etc to them is also unbelievable and live. I here of companies paying hundreds of thousands of dollars getting a system and then a couple of $10,000 more for reporting or a mobile feature that was not mentioned at the point of sale.
Unleashed is beyond reasonable almost too cheap maybe (shh!!!) and refreshingly fluid with changes and additions happening all the time. I have found they listen they remember and they honestly just seem to want to help and they actually give a hoot.
If you're on your mobile/laptop / home PC / Tablet / at the office / at somebody else's office unleashed is there at your fingertips in seconds and you have the power to operate seamlessly and without compromise I can log into multiple terminals and not get logged out of the other terminal it is so good to be able to do that. Trust me Give it a go you won't be disappointed and you will feel even more superior to your opposition than you did before. Good luck I am not a paid actor just a happy customer

Pros:

It Just Works

Cons:

A couple of features need to be added for my business but these are in the pipeline.

Kyle
IT Manger in US
Textiles, 11–50 Employees

Unleashed Power Users

Comments: We have been using Unleashed Software for the past two years and it is great. We are manufacturers of decorative throw pillows. It is very hard to find a similar system that offers Bill of Materials and the type of manufacturing understanding as there is in Unleashed. It is very easy to use but complex enough to meet all your needs. We must ship 500 orders a week and produce 1500 items a week using Unleashed and it almost always works flawlessly. When it doesn't, the Unleashed Support are quick to respond and very good at following-up. For example we had an issue with the multi-currency working as it should. Within 48-hours they had a solution and implemented for us. Even our being located in the US and their being located in New Zealand, we find working with Unleashed to be easy, reliable and a key extension of our business.
While we produce our products in the US, our customer service and bookkeeping is all done overseas. So having a secure cloud-based system is very important to us. Unleashed allows us to securely manage all aspects of the data while not minimizing the success of our overseas workers. It is also designed in such a way that our overseas workers are able to quickly pick it up and get working with minimal training. It also has complete audit control so we can always see who did what should there ever be a question.
We would recommend Unleashed to anyone. We look forward to them adding more shipping functionality so we can integrate with more US carriers in the short-term.

Pros:

It's ease of use. It's attention to detail in managing the data. It is fairly quick in accessing the data. We have thousands of records and it seems to access it all very quickly. The customer support is great too - they are always available to answer our questions.

Cons:

We would like to see more integration with US shipping integrators, such as, Ship Station or similar.

lucy
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

we are very happy with unleashed, thank you.

Comments: The benefits allowed us to Completely all be on top of Inventory management, as we have a component based business (beauty products that we assemble we can see when we need to re order easily) The fact is can work with XERO easily our accounting system. We really like it and saves us valuable time we can spend on customer service and sales..

Pros:

Love that we can see all of orders for each client separately as well as whats to ship. We love the inventory tracking and the dashboard which is easy to navigate.

Cons:

Sometimes when entering a persons email in the contact file.. a box say you must enter a correct email.. this happens a bit which is strange as never did initially for first year. Now in April & May its happened.. I wish that when placing an order, it would PULL into that order (for the ONLINE VIEWING ONLY) the stores email and phone number PARTICULARLY for each separate SHIPPING to address as that is often different people if a store has numerous shops... as would be great to have at a glance in case we need to contact them as looking at order. Their info DOES print on actual paper order but not on screen on computer. When printing an order we would like to see if you can do this.. Can there be a faster way than manually moving a ski for instance if we order EDP2001 and then other items.. then another EDP2003 we have to manually one line at a time up. so that its easy for pick and pack.. is there a faster way we can sort it.? Thank you so much.

Nola
New Zealand

Unleashed Software

Comments: After coming from a large multinational company with in-house adapted accounting/warehouse/manufacturing software we were delighted to find Unleashed fulfilled most of our requirements for our new start up company. Although no where near the scale of our previous company we still required multi-currencies, multi warehouses, bills of materials and costs added to our overseas purchases all of which Unleashed is able to deliver.
Reports are able to be manipulated with many configurations available to custom design many mix and match data.
Another feature we love is the ability to put in a reference at the top of any screen and have the information to drill down to within a second which saves time maneuvering your way through menus.
Of course the seamless intergration with Xero was also a requirement.

Pros:

Back orders generated automatically on unfilled sales orders Batch tracking on sales orders Customer service communication is great

Cons:

Cannot have multi purchases orders grouped together and enter other costs (i.e. import charges and overseas freight) and generate back orders on the unfilled purchase order

Kim
Creative Director in Australia

Easy to use and powerful integrations

Pros:

I am the owner of a very small jewellery making business. I used to use excel spreadsheets to keep track of my inventory components, purchases and completed pieces. Moving across to Unleashed has encouraged me to improve my profit margins, sped up the quotation process and ensure that I have popular components on hand. Using Assemblies and Bills of Materials ensures that I am quoting at the most up-to-date prices. I also like being able to store images against inventory items. Finally, I love the integration with Xero.

Cons:

The templates for invoices and sales can be cumbersome to use. Being able to move text elements and have them snap to a grid wold help (i know there have been some updates recently but I have not tried them yet, so this may be solved).

Richard
Managing Director in Australia

Since buying our company 3 years ago this tool has been very beneficial

Pros:

We love the inventory management and the ease of use. Being able to adjust for damage and warranties is something which assists us during the year and makes our auditing easier.

Cons:

not being able to change a sale once its been dispatched/completed. Also on the pricing options, i dont like the fact that as a legacy customer we have not been automatically given all of the new user rights at our original price level. If you release new features (Iphone app access) i would have thought we would have been given access to it, regardless of you changing your pricing levels. It doesn't show that you appreciate our ongoing business nor does it show you are supporting our growth.

Frank
Warehouse Manager in Australia
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Excellent

Pros:

Unleashed looks really simple and clean on the dashboard area, but it actually covers all relevant functions from the very beginning steps of a business (Quote & purchase) to the final steps (Sales & returns). Every single functions are handy and easy to learn. The "Support" page are clear and helpful with both written and video instructions. Also, I have to say that the support team are highly experienced and helpful, problems and questions are able to solved effectively.

Cons:

When entering the delivery address in a sales order, we have "address line 1 & 2" and "suburb" column. The address can be seen clearly on the invoice, but always missing the "suburb" area in the "packing list". For example, I enter "20 Starr Avenue" in "Address Line 1" and "North Plympton" in "Suburb" and leave the "Address Line 2" blank, it will only show "20 Starr Avenue" on the "Formal Packing List" with no suburb underneath. But the suburb will finally be seen on the Invoice. However, if I enter "North Plympton" in both "Address Line 2" and "Suburb", it can be seen on the Packing list, but will appear twice on the Invoice. It seems the only solution is to leave the "Suburb" area blank and always put the suburb name into the "Address Line 2"....Then, the "Suburb" column will turn out to be really useless.

Kelvin
Director in UK
Import & Export, 2–10 Employees

The product improved with every upgrade Unleashed have created.

Comments: On-line operation, affordable cost, reliable solid performance

Pros:

The improvements to 'Customer Pricing' made a significant difference to the user experience. Coming away from spreadsheets for customer price records was a big step forward. Especially, being able to view all the 'Customer Pricing' on one screen.

Cons:

'Customers' still needs further improvement in some areas. For example, to be able to view an expanded view of customer orders (past and current) when using the 'Orders' tab view in 'Customers'. Currently, obtaining details of a previous order is too lengthy a process while a customer is waiting on the telephone.

Matthew
Finance Director in
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Unleashed is core to our drinks business

Comments: Unleashed has been a very important part of our business since we started. We use Unleashed for our manufacturing, IM and sales. It is a vital part of the ease of ordering our ingredients and packaging, manufacturing our drinks, managing our inventory, monitoring our cost of good sold and invoicing our customers. It does this seemlessly and interacts with our Xero system seemlessly - too easy. We use Unleashed in New Zealand and the UK. Recently we've been able to use the Unleashed mobile app to support our sales.

Pros:

Ease of use, reliability, ease to introduce to new employees, functionality, value for money and numerous other attributes.

Cons:

We're looking forward to new developments from unleashed

Kippie
Office Manager in Australia
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

For the most part this is one of the easiest warehouse management system.

Comments: Product & customer management control. clear warehousing reports. easy customer exports for marketing purposes.

Pros:

connected buttons attaches well to Xero Attaches well with Neto multiple buy prices customer price levels no more duplicate order numbers allowed.

Cons:

To easy to complete an order and can not revers the mistake can not revers dispatched orders can not do multiple discounts. ie. multiple buys, and overall discounts could like to load multiple items of one range in one go. ie blue red and yellow 3 of each. without typing in each code separately.

Andrew
Manager in Australia
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

fast, easy, reliable

Pros:

Unleashed is easy to use and clear format. If there are issues I have always found a fast response to tickets which are kept open until I am 100% satisfied with the outcome. Unleashed is constantly evolving steadily in a useful and good direction

Cons:

My biggest issue would be with the forms in document designer. They are not as easy to manipulate as they could be, often this process takes far longer than it should for a minor fix to something as easy as the layout of a pro forma.

Kris
Production Manager in Australia
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Very easy to navigate, easy to train learners as language used is consistent with warehousing.

Comments: Better understanding of raw materials through production process and finally to customer.

Pros:

Being able to automatically open new windows for product information, real time stock on hand reports for different warehouses.

Cons:

That you can purchase any product from any supplier.. even though that product has a default supplier against it. Very hard when we have 4000 products...when we are keying Purchases that there is nothing stopping someone from order it from the wrong supplier.

Amazing onboarding support!

Pros:

Our company is new to Unleashed but the professional onboarding service has made our system changeover very pleasant and smooth. We were taken care of by the onboarding specialist, all our problems were answered, she's professional and very knowledgeable in the system. It's been amazing learning from her and having her support, changing or starting new systems can be very daunting and rep has helped us make this entire experience absolutely amazing. I highly recommend Unleashed!

Cons:

So far it's been great! It can be overwhelming if you haven't used a detailed inventory system like this before, but with the onboarding support, you'll find all the things you were feeling overwhelmed about will be fine after speaking to the support team.

Antony
Sales Directos in New Zealand
Construction, 11–50 Employees

A complex process made easy.

Comments: Our business imports and sells a large range of products with many variations within similar or same categories. Inventory management is a 'sink or swim' function for our business from correct sales processess, through stock deliveries and stock take processess. A customer that receives the wrong product is an unhappy customer in a competitive marketplace. Unleashed has allowed us to swim (ahead of our competitors).

Pros:

Ease of use.

Cons:

Completion of sales order/quote acceptance through to Packing Slip is a bit more difficult than it could be.

This product is excellent

Pros:

This is a very comprehensive product combined with a user-friendly intuitive interface. We are a laboratory that does tests and research. Managing our inventory is normally a real pain, but unleashed has helped us control what we do. Since we're working with formula's, it was really hard to find a competitive product that could deal with multilayered BOMs. Unleashed exceeded our expectations. They also keep adding features which is great. Integration with Quickbooks is also very handy. Additionally their customer support is very fast and accurate with punctual follow up.

Cons:

Nothing negative to mention based on the price/quality that is offered. I just hope they don't raise prices.