About ManagerPlus

Manage your work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, and asset records faster and more efficiently with ManagerPlus EAM software.

Learn more about ManagerPlus

Pros:

The product suits my application well and is mostly easy to navigate. Our ManagerPlus contact is very responsive and helpful with anything we need.

Cons:

Reports are difficult to create and or customize.

ManagerPlus ratings

3.8
4.1
3.7
3.5

6.7/10

ManagerPlus has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 163 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ManagerPlus before?

Greg
CIO in US
Plastics, 51-200 Employees

Your customer support team needs a lot of help

Comments: Dealing with those who represent ManagerPlus has been difficult at times. The lack of response and a sense of urgency are lacking.

Pros:

The software is wonderful. It is easy to use and figure out. Very fast and responsive.

Cons:

The customer support is terrible. They are slow and do not communicate well.

Kory
Highway Maintenance Director in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Manager Plus Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall the program works pretty good and fits our organization well. We could use improved reporting options from MP, not just creating our own in BI. We have had poor customer support from day one, other than a few months with one good customer support representative.

Pros:

Easy to use, organized, options to customize views (column chooser). Linking together purchases, work, and assets to get true values to an asset. This program fits our operations, we don't have to change our operations to fit the program.

Cons:

Operates slowly on the MP end, we have tested our internet speeds and are not having issues. The implementation phase was a disaster, our representative ghosted us over and over, took 7 months. Sometimes new POs and WOs were not showing up for almost 12 hours. The new chat help is terrible, you use MP terms and the response is "I didn't get that try again". You used to get a real person to help. You can do anything with BI if you are a programmer. We had Manager Plus Pro (CD Version) and that had much better reporting options that were built into the program. You don't have access to any advanced settings and must go through a customer support rep to talk you through or do for you.

Alternatives Considered: iWorQ

Reasons for Choosing ManagerPlus: Upgraded to the latest version of Manager Plus when support was ending for the old version. We also needed to refresh our inventory as it was reporting oddly from the old program.

Reasons for Switching to ManagerPlus: It fit our current purchasing procedures and fulfilled our work order and PM needs.

nick
facility maintenance mechanic in US
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

worst software in history

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Worst software i have ever used. I used to be a programmer and have a computer science degree, and i have never used anything like your software, if I were you, i would be embarrassed by what you put out.

Pros:

I cannot think of a single thing that your software does that I can't do with a simple spreadsheet.

Cons:

Too many to list, and i know you won't do anything about them, so why waste time? I called your tech support 3 times and I knew more about the software and its issues than they did. For some reason our management is buying the next version of it when the last version has been a disaster.

Richard
Supervisor in US
Dairy, 201-500 Employees

Great Product, Customer Support has declined, Great for asset tracking

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Having a centralized system to manage a large variety of assets, spread out geographically, while allowing for a uniformity of service protocols within the company is helpful.

Pros:

The product itself is great for tracking assets and maintaining the history of that asset. I believe that this product is like many others and you get out of it what you put into it. The hardest part of developing a software like this in my opinion is making it simple and easy for the users to use and input relevant data, along with making that data easily accessible. M+ does a good job with this and has improved with its new platform in my opinion.

Cons:

Customer support used to me stellar, it is no longer the case. Was really awesome being able to pick up the phone have an answer to a problem pretty quickly, was even worth it having to wait on hold for 20 minutes sometimes. Now it might take a week to get answers to a problem or help. The tutorial videos are helpful but don't replace a person.

Justin
Shop Manager in Canada
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Comments: Efficient costing of unit maintenance to determine life cycles and assist with life cycle management; ease of use for a broad range of employees.

Pros:

Work order generation from PM tracking is effortless; parts/labour allocation is seamless and efficient. Ease of use of the entire system is a big selling point for us, the layout is intuitive, adding/removing assets, tracking maintenance requirements are all simple tasks.

Cons:

Work order tasks can be clunky - inability to modify task titles (IE - generic task groupings like "Electrical - Lamps/Wiring/Etc" or "Suspension"). Adding notes TO the task is effective but does not display with the task specifically, but on a separate section of the printed work order referencing the task number. Component specific or VMRS style coding would be more effective for tracking component failures and tasking of the technician assigned.

Ciara
Maintenance Purchasing and Preventative Buyer in US
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

Manager Plus Review from a Food Production Standpoint

Comments: Overall the system is easy to understand if you go through the training courses. Im also walking into this system with most things in place so of course its easier for me. But its easy enough to create work orders, super easy to create inspections to cover everything you need. The inventory management is simple. Overall very happy that we decided to go this direction in management system.

Pros:

The software is easy to use, its easy to schedule, easy to create work orders, easy to track inventory, easy to keep track of all info about assets and parts all in one place.

Cons:

I may have missed them but I feel like their should be options for customized drop down tabs. I would love if techs could start their own work order and select an asset and then select options from a customized tab about what applies to their work order. Its also difficult to track downtime. Techs are often on the floor and working on multiple things that are going down all in one day. They cant stop each time and create a work order for it. They should be able to open up a downtime form and select various assets through out the day adding in reasons and total time down that would then be tracked and separated by asset.

Randall
Facilities/project manager in US
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees

asset management

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

its a great tool for asset management and inventory control

Cons:

our internet did not support the cloud base upgrade so we lost our support for the software

Ken
Transportation Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Great tool for fleet management and affordable.

Comments: Manager Plus has been used in our school district for over 15-years and we have no thoughts of looking anywhere else. Great product with impressive follow through from their team.

Pros:

Customer support!!! Great support from the team and usually have issues addressed within hours.

Cons:

I wish some steps were easier to negotiate.

Ryan
Director of Maintenance and Facilities in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Comments: Works great for my department

Pros:

The use ability and use friendly aspects

Cons:

That it isn't able to send follow up emails to ones that submit the work request.

Sean
Maintenance Manager in US
Warehousing, 501-1,000 Employees

Lexington Manufacturing

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Horrible, I have been calling and emailing for over a month to receive an explanation of a rate increase from previous year as well as a signed copy of our upcoming contract for our accounting department. Without this I cannot issue payment. The lack of response is creating a issue that is making me look like I'm not following through and making some question my position in the company.

Pros:

It was already established when I moved to this company.

Cons:

The customer support is the worst I have ever worked with.

Don
Business Consultant in Canada
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Delivered Value for Price

Comments: Our goal was to automate our work order system and develop a scheduling system for preventative maintenance. We met those goals in implementing Manager Plus. However we are concerned that because the product we were on boarded with needed several fixes the implementation process has gone on longer than it should have.

Pros:

Of the alternatives we evaluated we felt Manager Plus delivered the best value. Did not have the most features but did what we wanted for a price we could afford. We were able to adapt product to our way of doing things which was important to us.

Cons:

Implementing a software solution to a business problem was a first for this company. When we signed up we were encouraged to move straight to the Lightning version. After beginning implementation we realized that Lightning was essentially in a beta version. Many of the problems encountered during implementation have been resolved by ManagerPlus over time. Based on past experience this is normal with beta versions of software but since this was not communicated to us and as many in our organization have not been exposed to beta versions of software before it has left a bad taste in many members of our organization.

last year

Don, Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback was great, and we look forward to our continued partnership! -Nicholas B Customer Marketing Manager

Dawn
Administrative Assistant in
Utilities, 201-500 Employees

Manager Plus Pro review

Comments: I've been using this product for approximately 8 years now. I only use the work order, log and asset modules. We tried using the inventory module, however it does not function they way we would need it to, to serve our purpose. The module for assets is great. I would say it probably stores more info than we actually need. The work order and log modules I basically use on a daily basis. Over all I am satisfied with their functionality. I also like that this program hardly ever crashes or has technical issues. That to me, is a huge plus!

Pros:

Easy to learn to use and train others. The reporting functionality is great, especially for work order repairs in order to find past work that has been done on our trucks. Able to run log reports for fuel, engine hours etc with ease. Entering work order info is easy as well as entering fuel, mileage and engine hours in the logs.

Cons:

I don't like the fact that i have to use my mouse so much when entering work orders. I feel like the task would flow much smoother if I could hit F keys to move to a different tab or drop down list etc rather than having to stop typing to use the mouse to get to the next area I want to be in. I wish I could import spreadsheet data to the log module rather than having to print the spreadsheet and then key it all in manually ( but i hear thats available in the upgraded version ).

Adam
Computer System Administrator in US
Utilities, 51-200 Employees

Solid and evolving software

Comments: It gives our fleet crew chance to manage all assets and be proactive with all schedule vehicle maintenance.

Pros:

We started using Manger Plus 20 years ago when it was DOS based application. Over the years software has been converted to a user-friendly GUI application, users feedback was incorporated into product's functionality. You can create user defined custom fields which is very helpful. Great search engine. Recently we integrated it with our Active Directory, user can log in to the application with their Windows creds. Quick and responsive US based support is a BIG plus.

Cons:

Sometimes reporting provides too much info. Besides that, it is a great product. 20 years in service and counting.

Christopher
Mountain Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Awesome program and customer support.

Comments: Overall my experience has been great. got me up to speed on everything i needed and keeps my preventive maintenace up to date.

Pros:

Program is very easy to navigate through. The support I got to transfer from one cmms to the other was great.

Cons:

The only thing that bugs me is when I print out my WO's is I have to do it one at a time and adjust the size everytime.

2 years ago

Christopher, Thank you for the kind review! We're glad to have you on board and look forward to our continued partnership. -ManagerPlus Team

DAVE
SR MECHANIC in US
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees

HAPPY FIRE MECH

Comments: THIS IS A WELL ROUNDED ASSET AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAM. IT IS EASY TO USE, SUPPORT HAS BEEN EXCEPTIONAL

Pros:

THE WAY REQUESTS AND WORK ORDERS INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER. THE NEW INSPECTION SOFTWARE IS A NICE TOUCH.

Cons:

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE INSPECTIONS HAVE A OPTION TO CREATE A REQUEST INSTEAD OF A WORK ORDER. THE BAR AND QR CODE PRINTING TO A LABLE MARKER IS NOT THAT GREAT.

last year

Thank you for the kind review! We will pass the kind words on to our support team. -Nicholas B. Customer Marketing Manager

Charles
Building Operations Manager in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

CMMS wel worth the cost

Comments: ManagerPlus provide monitoring and controlling of the DC Court's Equipment Preventative Maintenance Program. We are using the cloud version of the program and recently added the mobile application. Implementation was straight forward even with over 1000 assets and last month generated over 100 work orders from the Preventive Maintenance Schedules.
There are a numerous benefits that our organization is getting by using this software. We were able to consolidate all equipment information. We successfully used the Work Order module for some time and now are in the process of implementing the schedules and inventory modules.
For the basic user the simplicity of the program does not represent a challenge once is familiar with its layout. From the administrator perspective is a little more challenging but once the assets are uploaded the program offers a number of ways to review the data. Information can be viewed in the screen or there a number of reports that can be generated from the different modules. The reports also can be customized with some limitations. Data can be arranged in different ways but settings are not maintain once the page is reload.
The mobile application is basic and is more challenging to navigate. It should be and option to key in the asset number for review; the only option to get asset information is by barcode scanning. We trying to find out the best way to display work orders and looks like this will be possible by setting up favorites.
The customer support is excellent. Calls are always answered in a timely manner and the operator always provide the necessary information to solve the problem. The on-line support offers a number of videos and training opportunities.
Overall is a great software

J.C.
Sr. Process Engineer in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Good experience with Manager+

Comments: Pros:
Manager+ was one of the few CMMS packages out there that still supports a software client installation with an option to host the database on our own server. Most of the competition now only offers web browser based systems that are often clunky and slower to load, plus many require costly subscriptions with cloud-only licensing schemes. Manager+ licensing strategies are all very straight forward, and while they do offer cloud hosting and a browser based interface along with a client option, you can host the database on your own server to avoid the subscription costs. The client interface runs quickly on a average PC, plus its intuitive and easy to learn without being watered down. Manager+ offers informative and helpful training as an option that is well worth the cost. Their tech support has also been top notch.
Cons:
On the flip-side, their "notify" module provides automatic e-mail notifications and reports which can be useful, but functionality is admittedly very limited in capability since it operates only on predefined templates, offering nearly no opportunity for customization. Only a few of the templates can be sent to non-user email addresses. I'd really like to see more customizable e-mail notifications along with the ability to send any report automatically to any email address. I'm told that their plan is to continue to develop this fairly new notify module, which is good news since it's the only real weak point of the product.
Conclusion:
We spent a lot of time evaluating the pros and cons of Manager+ vs. their competition, and for our needs, I'm totally confident that Manager+ was a great choice. All things considered, I've been very happy with this product.

Carolyn
Admin. Assistant III in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Manager Plus Pro

Comments: It is very expensive for the annual Customer Support that I might use once per year; but if you do utilize customer Service they are excellent. It is not a very user friendly program as errors are easy to make, and very difficult to correct.

Pros:

Very versatile for various tracking record keeping. The screen set up is very easy to see/read (this is not true with a different new software i am using, so I do appreciate Manager's screen)

Cons:

Very easy to make errors, very difficult to correct errors.

Steve
Maintenance Manager in US
Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 Employees

OSK

Comments: Exceptional!

Pros:

The software has help us better manager our work while being able to keep our customers well informed. The software is very intuitive and the new Lighting well laid out and easy to look at.

Cons:

Reports are difficult to create and or customize.

ManagerPlus Software Response

2 years ago

Steve, Thanks so much for your show of support by leaving us a review! We're glad to have you as a customer of ManagerPlus and look forward to our continued partnership.

Cole
Equipment Coordinator in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Manager Plus is the best!

Comments: The best thing about Manager Plus is being able to keep track of equipment and the fleet vehicles all in one place. Being that I'm handling both in my position it is a very convenient program and it's fast! Never seem to run in to slow running windows or lag.

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and in my opinion is easy to setup.

Cons:

What I like least about the software is the reporting side. It is glitchy from time to time although it is very useful.

Zuneera
Quality & Compliance Manager in Canada
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 Employees

add some more features for ease of use

Comments: great!

Pros:

ease of use ManagerPlus Knowledge Center is really helpful excellent customer support! 10/10 Traceability can go paperless

Cons:

It would be nice to have the following features added to Lightning: Ability to link existing WOs to PO Ability to link Asset IDs to PO Certification Module added to the Lightning Platform instead of having to go to Classic Customizable WO Note Types as you did in Classic Option to hide some fields so you can customize what appears on the printed WO; example: if there are no "Parts" added to the WO Option to "Copy Asset" in Lightning

last year

Thank you for the review, Zuneera! I will pass the kind words on to our team. Nicholas B. Customer Marketing Manager

Jeannie
Fleet Assistant in US
Utilities

Review 8/3/2016

Pros:

Customer service is usually efficient with their responses to my questions. It's good to see more training webinars becoming available. When we first started using this program there were hardly any.

Cons:

That the reports module is not user friendly. We had the desktop Manager Plus Enterprise previously and the reports were much better and easier to configure than on the Cloud version. I don't use the report module for this reason. I download to Excel and generate from there. It's disappointing that we pay for it and really are not able to utilize it. Wish the Cloud version was more user friendly to iPads and iPhones. The different modules are not always easy to move around in or to scroll menus in as a desktop version is. All of our Mechanics use the Cloud in the field b/c of the info that we want them to have access to. That is their biggest complaint is not being able to navigate very easily. The 15 minutes before the program logs you out automatically is very inconvenient. Would be nice to have the option of how long you want it to stay logged in. Being able to attach larger than 4MB to an attachment would be nice. We have user manuals that we would like to put under attachments for our field mechanics and the cloud won't allow us b/c of the size. Some pictures have also ran into this issue. Updates seem to take a long time to be released. Once a year seems like a long time, especially with an internet based program.

Gayla
Maintenance Administrator in US
Printing, 51-200 Employees

Getting everything done in one place

Comments: Overall we have had a positive experience

Pros:

That everything we need to track the work done, parts used, labor added is in one place (there is a section for each item we need: work orders, purchase orders, assets, dashboard for managing etc.)

Cons:

That I can't search a part from the notes section on the part number itself

Mike
Maintenace Engineer in US
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

Meeker Memorial Hospital

Comments: I researched this software at a previous job and purchased it and implemented the maintenance program. The cost and ease of use was a no brainer to me when I started at the hospital and they didn't have a CMMS was to get Manager plus here as well. Great program and the customer support is wonderful.

Pros:

Extremely easy to use, Cost, Customer Support

Russel
maintenance supervisor in US
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees

Manager Plus is a great asset management system

Comments: Our organization switched from an older version of Maintenance Plus and the ew version is phenomenal!! The ease of use and learning the new system has been an easy transition

Pros:

I like the ease of planning my day to assigning work orders and fulfilling work requests. The system is simple and effective

Cons:

I would like to see users tiered differently so that techs can't alter another techs work. A way to assign assets to an owner would also be great. These may be features I haven't discovered yet