15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Martus

Make budgeting & reporting a breeze with our intuitive, cloud-based software.

Learn more about Martus

Pros:

Martus tool is a great tool to use. It helps me make my budget.

Cons:

I am a new user to Martus and so I have not run into any problems or disappointments so far. If I had any comment that could improve the user experience I would suggest the following.

Martus ratings

4.5
4.6
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Martus has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 80 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Martus before?

Nicolas
Nicolas
Financial Analyst in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Agility and Efficiency with MartusTools

Comments: I consider MartusTools to be an excellent and innovative platform that has improved my ability to make informed and quick decisions in my daily work as a financial analyst. Although there are some areas for improvement, I believe that its advantages far outweigh the disadvantages and I would not hesitate to recommend MartusTools to my colleagues in the financial sector.

Pros:

I like the way the platform integrates multiple data sources, allowing me to access a wealth of up-to-date financial information in real time. In addition, the platform has a wide range of analysis tools, from simple to advanced, making it easy to analyze trends and identify investment opportunities. I also like how MartusTools has implemented a customizable alerts system that keeps me informed about market changes and relevant events.

Cons:

However, I must admit that the learning curve was a bit steep at first, especially for less tech-savvy users.

Selcuk
Finance Director in France
Investment Management Software, 11–50 Employees

An Exhaustive Review

Comments: MartusTools is a great choice for those looking for an easy-to-use and reliable data-collection and reporting tool. Its user-friendly interface makes it a great choice for non-technical users, while its powerful features make it a great choice for data-driven projects. The only downside is that it lacks the level of customization and integration offered by some of its competitors.

Pros:

MartusTools is an excellent data-collection and reporting tool. It allows users to easily and securely collect, store and analyze their data, while also providing powerful visualizations and insights. The software is reliable and user friendly, making it a great choice for data-driven projects.

Cons:

MartusTools does not have the same level of customization that some of its competitors offer. Additionally, it does not have the same level of integration with other data-collection tools, making it difficult to utilize data from multiple sources.

Jasmine
Assistant Controller in US

Just getting started with the software

Pros:

Budget to actual reports look nice

Cons:

Doesn't show budgets over an extended period of time Can't report on grants on a different fiscal year Hard to add new users Hard to add new budgets

Piyush
Business Analyst in India
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

Automate Budget Processes within Organisations using Martus

Comments: It was a very satisfying experience with Martus. Also, I would like to suggest users to have a prior knowledge about AI tools to make the maximum out of this platform.

Pros:

1. It is a fully cloud-based platform which allow easy login an logout option to the users. 2. It provides a robust security feature which mandates the verification of each personnel before granting access to database. 3. Its AI integration provides predictive analysis and basic templates to user budget issues.

Cons:

1. Being a cloud based platform, it does not provide any solution for organisation working on On-Premises model. 2. Its ownership cost which includes implementation and Maintenance cost might not be affordable by small scale industries.

Adriana Henriquez
Sales director in Colombia
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy and Secure Data Collection with MartusTools

Comments: Using MartusTools proved to be an extremely secure and reliable way to store sensitive data. After gaining a better understanding of its user interface, navigation became much easier and I was able to successfully complete all of my tasks with minimal issues.

Pros:

It is a powerful software with easy to use features and an extensive feature-set that provides users with robust data security capabilities. It is simple enough for beginner users.

Cons:

One of the disadvantages we’ve faced with MartusTools is that the available customer support is limited. This makes it difficult for new users to have their questions answered in a timely manner.

Sumit
Digital Marketing Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Great Way to Protect Your Information

Comments: I am extremely pleased with its performance. The combination of security and ease-of-use makes it one of the best data protection software solutions available. Despite the cost involved in purchasing this software, I believe it will offer me excellent value for money over time.

Pros:

MartusTools is a great way to protect your information. It is easy to use and provides a lot of features to keep your data safe.

Cons:

One disadvantage of MartusTools is that it can be expensive to use if you need to store a lot of data.

Ashok Kumar
Functional Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Budgeting with MartusTools

Pros:

User friendly interface & easy to use & hence making the budget is easierReal time sync up with the accounting softwareIt restricts the accessibility of some features according to their rolesIt saves the time of budgeting with Excel

Cons:

Auto save function is not available so there is chance of data lossIt would be helpful if More Customization features addded

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

Martus Solutions: Empowering Financial Excellence

Comments: We can view exact spending vs. budget in real time thanks to Martus, the only budgeting application I've found that works well with our accounting software.

Pros:

Martus Solutions offers a powerful software suite that combines strong data security features with an easy-to-use interface. Its wide feature set caters to users of all skill levels, including beginners, and offers both power and simplicity.

Cons:

This application is perfect for you if you're looking for effective report viewing and editing because it allows you quick access. I had a fantastic experience overall and had no problems. Although some modest interface improvements would increase aesthetic appeal, the functionality is faultless, so it's still a great pick.

Shayan
Shayan
Software Engineer in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

The Ultimate Tool For Financial Management With MartusTools

Pros:

MartusTools is a dependable and green tool for coping with enterprise information. It has a simple User interface that makes it easy to use. The software program offers various features that make statistics management easier, it also encrypts information securely. It is used for corporations that deal with personal records. Also, MartusTools has a backup feature that helps to prevent huge losses. It will be a game-changer in the upcoming days.

Cons:

Once a price range is made, it could be difficult to trade it if something happens. It's the only reason to spend too much or too little cash in a few times. I do not like the cost, however other than that, I don't have any other complaints. However, I admit that getting used to the platform is quite challenging.

Elen
Elen
Product Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Collaboration and Communication

Comments: MartusTools provides a comprehensive suite of project management tools with a user-friendly interface, collaboration features, customizable workflows, and integration capabilities. However, users should consider the learning curve, potential complexity for smaller projects, limited reporting and analytics, and pricing structure when deciding whether MartusTools is the right fit for their project management needs.

Pros:

MartusTools incorporates collaboration features that facilitate communication and teamwork. Users can assign tasks, share files, and track progress in real-time, promoting seamless collaboration among team members and enhancing overall project efficiency.

Cons:

While MartusTools provides a user-friendly interface, new users may still require time to become fully proficient in utilizing all the features and functionalities. Adequate training and support may be necessary for individuals or teams unfamiliar with project management software.

Mia
Lead Product Manager and Strategist in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

One of the best tool for budgeting

Pros:

This software program is designed to make it easier for those with no financial background to find Non-Profits. Users can filter their search by region, sector, function, and fund. [sensitive content hidden], the creator, is devoted to offering the best possible service and is constantly searching for ways to better the customer experience. Dashboards will be extremely useful for those without a financial background.

Cons:

I am quite pleased with Martus Tools program. I am convinced that it will be an excellent choice for the 2023 budget launch because I have not encountered anything that I dislike. Despite the fact that no program is flawless, I believe Martus Tools is continually attempting to improve.

Louis
Systems Admnistrator in US
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Martus provides third party integration for budget management that our accounting software lacks.

Comments: Our accounting software, Intacct, does not offer budget managements for easy budget modifications, audit trail reports, or other budget related activity. Martus provides this functionality with ease and has been very supportive to meet our unique demands as a tribal government entity.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and provides a simple interface to submit modifications or new budgets for our grant programs.

Cons:

There is a limited number of permissions you can setup. In that I cannot grant a user to be able to view budget mods that are pertinent to their program but were submitted by other users. Editing worksheets to develop a working budget for future periods is easy, however you cannot mass delete lines and you have to export and then import the budgets to make them active.

Elizabeth
Accountant in US

Martus solutions has been an excellent tool for our church!

Pros:

We use Intacct for our accounting software and they charge by user so it is nice to be able to have unlimited users in Martus to view budget reports. Martus is super user friendly and has some additional tools that have helped us tremendously like the Budget Change Request tool and using their budget worksheets to collaborate between ministries and executives when planning for our next budget cycle. Bill is also ALWAYS super responsive and helpful so having great customer support is really awesome too.

Cons:

Nothing! It's seriously so great. We are very pleased with Martus Solutions and I cannot think of any cons. They are always doing upgrades and quickly address any software upgrade suggestions which is really great.

Tom
Director of Finance in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

I have found the interface very intuitive and easy to use!

Comments: Efficient, accurate budgeting software that syncs with our accounting software.

Pros:

Ease of use; Integration with our accounting software (Intacct)- any change in the COA in Intacct can be easily synched with Martus Tools. Ability to move beyond using Excel as a budgeting tool; This software will enable us to manage the budget development process efficiently and effectively; The ability to consolidate in real time and in a way that minimizes the error prone process of linking multiple Excel spreadsheets is greatly appreciated.

Cons:

I am a new user to Martus and so I have not run into any problems or disappointments so far. If I had any comment that could improve the user experience I would suggest the following: Revise the invitation email for new users slightly. The current email invitation asks new users to "Reset their Password". I've had some users get confused by this initial email as they have never had a password before.

Scott
Finance Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Martus has been a lifesaver for us in our budget process.

Pros:

It is extremely user-friendly for our end-users. It integrates well with our accounting software. Customer support has been great. Pricing is extremely reasonable and affordable, especially when compared to other options. Saves hours of time versus spreadsheet budgeting for multiple locations and departments.

Cons:

Cannot do a "print screen"; many of our people would like to have this option. Integration with accounting software for budget numbers is one-way. Would like to have more comprehensive user documentation.

Anthony
Director of Accounting in US

The Martus team is always quick to serve and consistent in checking in with us.

Pros:

The ability to see budget variance numbers and then drill down to the transaction level data is a huge asset to our staff. It allows budget owners to notice a discrepancy at a high level and track it all the way to resolution.

Cons:

The software continues to make improvements and strides, but the limitations on customizing visualizations and report views has kept us from fully engaging the tool sometimes.

Ratan
Manager in India
Printing, 11–50 Employees

I love this tool and best way to secure data

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend MartusTools to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient data-collection and reporting tool. The features and integrations that this business offers are outstanding, and I am sure it will help many businesses like mine to streamline their data management processes.Thank you, MartusTools

Pros:

I am thoroughly impressed with this tool. MartusTools is an easy-to-use and reliable tool that made my work a lot easier. The dashboard reporting feature is absolutely amazing and ready to use, which saved me a lot of time.What I loved most about MartusTools is the fact that it integrates with most accounting systems including Intacct, QuickBooks, Shelby, and Financial Edge.

Cons:

I like this tool and I have no complaints.

Randy
CFO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Martus Review

Pros:

Reporting after budget is complete. Ease of data input.

Cons:

comments/notes have to be re-entered month by month. Needs an annual comment function that would show for any given month.

Sr. Acct in US
Libraries, 201–500 Employees

Much easier to prepare and amend budgets in Martus and upload to Intacct than to do it in Intacct.

Pros:

It's easy to set up users and define various roles. Import/export is quick and easy. Martus is quick to respond to questions.

Cons:

I would like a way to add more detail about each budget line item; multiple items that make up the account total.

CFO in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Martus Tools has been a great solution for our church staff.

Pros:

- Seamless integration to Intacct accounting system - Provides non-finance managers real-time reporting with drill-down capabilities in easy to understand graphical reports. - Has streamlined our budget process and allowed us to put legacy Excel budget spreadsheets out to pasture.

Cons:

In my relatively short experience with Martus Tools, I have yet been able to find a real negative that has been resolved with additional training or a work around. Our church does use Martus Tools for our Finance Committee. It would be nice to have some reports for balance sheet and cash flow to give Finance Committee a full financial picture. We are currently uploading PDFs of balance sheet and cash flow to Reports Portal.

Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

MartusTools personal review

Pros:

I used to dread dealing with accounting data, but now I can manage it effectively and efficiently through their integration with popular accounting systems. The user interface is really intuitive, and I love the fact that it can be customized to fit my needs.

Cons:

The software has limited customization options, which may not be suitable for teams with complex project requirements

Executive Director Finance in US

Martus really excels

Comments: I have 135 budget users and last year was a nightmare using only Excel worksheets - Martus truly made this an amazing first year with their product.

Pros:

ease of use, automatic uploads to Intacct, intuitive layout

Cons:

account structure flexibility is good - would like to see that improve even more

Charmaine
Charmaine
Sales Development Representative in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Best tool for accounting

Pros:

MartusTools is very user friendly and easy to use even if you do not have financial background. The dashboard is very easy to understand and navigate. The reporting really looks nice and very straightforward.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about his platform for now. This is a very excellent choice for us.

Martus Review

Comments: Great for someone who doesn't do that well with budgets.

Pros:

It is fairly easy to understand. I view different accounts and their budgets. It does the math part for you showing you how much spend and earned. You can allocate any account title and as many break out lines as needed.

Cons:

Budgets in general are confusing, but this software makes it easier for someone like me.

Cindy
Church Business Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Happy User

Comments: We are very pleased with Martus. The staff can review their financial data without having to ask Finance for the data.

Pros:

That the staff can review their financial data in "real time". It's easy to learn and use.

Cons:

Because of the uniqueness of our chart of accounts, a few items are harder to view/budget.