• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.9 /5

About Campaigner

Advanced email marketing tools for medium & enterprise businesses to build powerful personal connections with their customers.

Learn more about Campaigner

Laura C.
Brand Strategist
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-25

"Love the Drag & Drop Editor!"

Comments: Overall, I give Campaigner 5-stars for cusotmer service and email marketing. We appreciate that they continue to develop and improve the software overtime too.

Pros: When Campaigner updated the software to utilize the drag and drop editor it was a game-changer! So easy to design templates for simple or more detailed email campaigns. Campaigner has been the best email marketing software that we've used so far and helps us to automate communications to our patients quickly and effectively. We also have to shout-out Campaigner's responsive customer service and support teams. Whenever we have had any issues with our account, the team is quick to respond and resolve any issue that we are experiencing. Speedy support is hard to come by in the software industry.

Cons: We do experience a lot of issues with the SMTP email relay function, which isn't Campaigner's email software directly but within its portfolio that we pay Campaigner for.

by j2 Global on 2020-10-19

Hello Laura,

Thank you very much for your feedback and so happy to hear that you are enjoying the drag and drop email editor! It is also really great to know that our support team has been there to help you when you are in need.

We look forward to continuing to serve your email marketing needs for years to come.

Samantha L.
Font-end Designer
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-20

"from Zyxel administer"

Comments: The product itself is fine, but the support and communication of your inner team is awful.
There is once that we are upgraded without informed. After communicating with the sales he said that he would offer the corrected invoice, but even though I wrote mails to ask for the invoice so many times, I can't get the invoice for three month therefore I can't fulfill the payment, and then I am banned for not paying.
There is also once that we are informed by the accountant that we didn't pay for two months and if we didn't pay right away we will be banned, but our payment duration is 90days, and it's been two years we followed it. I am blamed for your mistake twice this year and i'm really disappoint of your service.

Pros: easy to use.
Cover most function that we need.
Drag and drop save a lot of time.

Cons: RWD.
UI of administer.
The report after importing contacts is terrible. There is only the row number on the report and then i have to check the original mailing list to find the email myself.
Sales is difficult to find and inefficient.

by j2 Global on 2021-01-28

Hello Samantha and thanks for your valuable feedback, this certainly does help us to hone in on future updates so that we can ensure you are having the best experience possible. ^CP

• Reviewed on 2021-01-20
Lisa G.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-11

"Great if you are sending to unverified lists, but not a great inboxing rate"

Comments: Overall, we use Campaigner as a "backup" email platform (Hubspot is our primary).
Hubspot doesn't allow you to send to emails that haven't opted in to receive communications, so when we have a new list, we use Campaigner. They don't seem to be too concerned about higher bounce or opt-out rates, and won't freeze your account like Hubspot sometimes does.

Pros: Campaigner is easy to use, and allows for storage of a lot of contacts (unlike some other platforms that charge you based on number of contacts, whether you are emailing them or not.
They make it easy to segment, design and schedule emails.
They also have a great agency feature and let you setup and manage sub-accounts.

Cons: Delivery rate shows as high, but when compared to other platforms we use, open rates are low. This leads me to believe that a lot of emails sent through Campaigner are often delivered to SPAM folders rather than inboxes. Also, they frequently charge us for higher tier packages than we are signed up for, and it takes multiple calls and emails to get it straightened out.

by j2 Global on 2020-11-24

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time. We will definitely review the items you have raised here.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-11
Judi B.
Retired realestate
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-19

"Review on Campaigner"

Comments: Very good overall experience. Easy to get in touch with help.

Pros: Easy access to technical support when needed. Easy to send out

Cons: Making sure that ALL people in data base are included in items sent out. Would like to see some short cuts 8. Getting from one part of daily send out to another. Size of photos. Would be good to have an edit that. Hard to resize the number of pixels In photo

Hello Judi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us. It most certainly is valued as it helps us to continue to deliver a quality service to you.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-19
Amanda T.
Market Research Software, 51-200 Employees

"Quick and Easy to Use!"

Comments: We crossed over from another platform Streamsend, and the integration was very seamless. Was able to pick-up Campaigner pretty quickly with minimal support. Overall, thumbs-up. I enjoy this platform more then the former.

Pros: There is a great feature which I have not found on other platforms whereby you can upload lists separately and still send them as a part of the same campaign. Re-sending campaigns is also very simple. User-friendly for first time users.

Cons: There should be a legend for mail merge fields that shows if they are valid/ working and what they are mapped to. One of my campaigns did not send one time because I had incorrectly labelled the mail merge field and I could not figure it out.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate this kind of feedback. I hope that our support team was able to help you with your merge fields, we try to ensure they are as user friendly as possible. If you need to reach out to us for further help with this please feel free to do so anytime.

Best,

Carlos

Kevin W.
Web Technical Support/Developer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-09

"simple, easy yet powerful Email Marketing system"

Comments: It is a great email marketing tool. Our organization have been using campaigner for years.

Pros: - efficient and easy to use Web User Interface
- flexible and customizible fields in addition to the standard fields set
- Restful API integrations with wide ranges of system coverage
- reports of email campaign's results

Cons: - multiple accounts in a organizational level not able to share contacts data set

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this valuable feedback, we greatly appreciate it.

I am happy to hear you like our API functionality and reporting features. We should be able to find a way to deliver the information you need to your other accounts, please reach out to our API team and we will be happy to help.

Carlos

• Reviewed on 2019-08-09
Steven G.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-17

"The Best Mailing Tool for our Business"

Comments: This is third mailing software we've tried, and the only one which ticked all the boxes. It's ease of use, it as less bounce rate and the stats showing how the emails were received have all enabled us to focus on the content of our mailers and grow.

Pros: Campaigner's learning curve on the software isn't difficult and the data showing how many of our emails were opened have been the high points and enabled us to grow.

Cons: Given that we have used other similar software, all with their unique faults, we don't have any that would need improving on Campaigner.

by j2 Global on 2021-01-05

Hi Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We're glad that you've had a positive experience with Campaigner and that it fits your needs.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-17
James B.
Director of Marketing
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Great platform for advanced users"

Pros: If you're familiar with HTML, it is a great tool. We are able to customize our emails to the look we want our readers to see with relative ease.

Cons: We would like to see an easier implementation of templated emails. Truth be told though, we haven't had a lot of time to play with that feature but when we did, it was difficult to implement. However, as I said about, if you know your way around a little HTML, it is a great platform.

Hello James,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us as it greatly helps us to ensure that we continue to deliver a quality service.

Marc M.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Very Capable, well priced software"

Comments: Really easy to use. I’ve sent tons of email campaigns with this software and it allows me to set myself apart from the competitors. I can literally have a campaign built and sent within minutes.

Pros: I like that you can edit via wysiwyg or full code. Super easy to use from creation of email campaigns to reporting and contact management. I only use 1/4 of the capabilities and I love it.

Cons: Could have a few more reporting options but has the important ones.

Hello Marc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this outstanding feedback. We aim to continually provide updates and improvements to our service for you and all of our customers on an ongoing basis, and look forward to serving you more in the future.

Dana K.
Marketing VP
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-25

"Happy I Found Campaigner"

Pros: Compared to my last company, this product is easy to use and I am reaching more people and it is working well for my business.

Cons: Using multiple rows does not allow for paragraphs to be close enough

by j2 Global on 2020-10-19

Hello Dana,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback for us, I am very happy to hear that we are meeting your email marketing needs and look forward to continuing to meet those needs.

Stephanie N.
Supermarkets, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-09

"Campaigner Review"

Comments: Positive

Pros: Easy to use, good visual tools, reliable.

Cons: Not always easy to determine how many prepaid emails are remaining
Setting up segments is not necessarily intuitive

by j2 Global on 2020-09-25

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedback from a such a valued, long time customer such as yourself is extremely valuable to us.

If you ever wanted to tell us more about your experience with Campaigner, please reach out anytime.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-09
George M.
President & CEO
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-21

"Campaigner is invaluable in regularly reaching out to my customers and prospects."

Comments: See review...

Pros: The ability to quickly and efficiently frame and then launch a communication to my customers is an essential element that Campaigner brings to the table that is invaluable. This combined with Campaigner' exceptional reporting capabilities provide me with a comprehensive tool that is usable and effective. In addition, the flexible monthly billing cycle allows me to align my marketing costs with the revenue generating activities that Campaigner aids us in driving. Lastly, the Campaigner platform is provided at a superb price point. Every campaign pays for itself in short order. All told, it is by far the best use of my limited marketing dollars.

Cons: I wish the Smart Email Builder's canned templates looked more like what is possible if you happen to be an HTML master.

by j2 Global on 2018-01-09

Hello George,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and features to help you build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate your feedback in regard to the Smart Email Builder and have passed it on to the product team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017-12-21
Joe A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-02

"been doing e-newsletters longer than anyone - 97"

Comments: good up to that point above

Pros: Ease of use. Pricing. Image storing. Search and replace.

Cons: I did not get the support i needed to exploit all its features. In fact, your people told me they were NOT ALLOWED to recommend a company to upload to Magento 2 - though I asked.

by j2 Global on 2020-11-13

Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback, it is much appreciated.

We are always here for you anytime you need.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-02
Performance Metrics Manager and Interactive Services Specialist
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-03

"Campaigner Review"

Comments: Campaigner has been an integral tool in the building and branding of our organization.

Pros: The things I like the most about campaigner are: the detailed analytics they provide, the ability to set up drip campaigns, and the customer service which is top notch.

Cons: There is very little to dislike about campaigner as a e-mail service - although if I did have to pick one thing it would be the stock templates are a little bit limited (I design it in dreamweaver and drop in custom html)

by j2 Global on 2019-06-04

Hi there,
Reviews like yours really make us happy! We are so happy to know that our platform has been an integral tool in the building and branding of your business.

Your feedback about our editor has been noted and will be shared with our product team.

Thanks so much for your review, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

The Campaigner Team

• Reviewed on 2019-05-03
Howard M.
Account Manager
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-08

"Editting with the Interface & review of other features"

Comments: I am pleased with the transmission results and the data obtained. And as a Canadian company, we are pleased with paying in CDN $. But my most recent campaign must of taken me 3x longer to create because the editing screen is very cumbersome. Campaigner's email editor has become CamPAINer email editor.

Pros: The features to add design was useful. From simple lines, centering, different fonts etc.

Cons: Changes recently to interface have become cumbersome and difficult. The active screen where I create is narrow. On the same window, I see identification of my campaign, saving features, other menus. These items are static, but take up more than half of the screen. Meanwhile my onscreen work area has become smaller. I went to choose images to add to my campaign and the menu screen that appears looks like a doorslot for a boozecan (illegal tavern)

Hello Howard,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback. It most definitely helps us to ensure that we are constantly working to deliver to you the best product possible.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-08
Ryan P.
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-22

"I LOVE Campaigner!"

Pros: I use this software for all my email campaigns. It has easy to use templates that make emailing SO EASY!

Cons: Some of the templates and the design of the platform look really old and could use a facelift. Otherwise, great platform.

by j2 Global on 2018-03-27

Hi Ryan,
Thank you so much for the positive review of our platform. We hope you continue to see success with Campaigner.
If you have any questions in the future do not hesitate to contact us!

• Reviewed on 2018-03-22
Jeffrey P.
IT Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-06

"My own review"

Pros: Because of accessibility. I can automate my email blast.

Cons: The support is terrible. I got a problem with my account. My card was charged even if my subscription is not yet consumed. You need to review your billing system.

by j2 Global on 2020-11-13

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave some feedback for us. Please note, I will most definitely look into the items you raised here.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-06
Rajeev T.
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-25

"Been using it for the past couple of years to connect with client"

Comments: We could increase our database and have a good segmentation for target audience for email campaigns

Pros: The scheduler and the groupwise client base structure are a good feature for us to use. Also the facility to add new groups as per our requirements are an additional plus.

Cons: Too complicated to edit created campaigns at time in certain modes. Adding videos to the campaigns is impossible.

by j2 Global on 2018-10-15

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving a review of our platform! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using the platform.

A quick fix for adding a video to your email campaigns is to up load the image and link it to the video on your website or youtube page. If you need help please let me know, I would be more than happy to do so.

If you have any other question do not hesitate to contact us.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-25
Sarah F.
Assistant Marketing Manager
Insurance Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-23

"Campaigner Review"

Pros: For a reasonable price, Campaigner packs in a punch of functionality.

Cons: Campaigner's service often lags, which can be frustrating when trying to get something done. I've also found the editing feature can be touchy in terms of formatting. But when I call Campaigner Support they always fix the issue.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-23
Rob H.
Marketing Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-24

"A good mid-level ESP. Seems to have all necessary functions and some bonuses."

Pros: I've used more than a few ESPs to build and send email blasts and triggered campaigns. My experience with Campaigner is purely as a freelance agent so I have not used ALL of the functionality it offers. The UI is intuitive. The site loads fast. I've chatted with a rep and they were helpful.

Cons: Occasionally, there are page load errors that cause you to reload but it's infrequent so I don't mind much.

by j2 Global on 2018-06-18

Hi Rob,
Thanks for reviewing Campaigner. We are happy to hear that the platform is working well for you and your business.

If you have any questions or comments in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-24
Sherry S.
Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-14

"After Campaigner is set up it is easy to use for the most part"

Pros: Once you have it set, it can be copied and reused from week to week.
I like how you can set up different e-mail addresses for specific communication pieces.

Cons: It isn't easy to set up - and sometimes if you delete a line or something, it messes up the whole page. We've had some issues with space and slowness at times.

by j2 Global on 2018-06-18

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for taking the time to review Campaigner, we appreciate it very much!

We also appreciate the platform feedback and have passed it along to our product teams to investigate,

If you have any additional issues or questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-14
Dave G.
VP Operations
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-29

"Essential to our marketing team"

Pros: Campaigner offers an easy to use interface that makes sending newsletter point and click easy for our team.

Cons: To date we have had no issues with this tool.

by j2 Global on 2020-07-16

Thank you Dave for this outstanding review of Campaigner. It is really nice to get this feedback from you and to know that you are happy overall with the service. - Carlos

Scotty B.
Broker
Commercial Real Estate Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-28

"Campaigner a Great Resource"

Comments: Through our company, Campaigner has provided THE most cost effective method by which we can deploy all of our email marketing campaignsw.

Pros: Easy upload, creation, and deployment of the marketing emails we send regularly.

Cons: Ideally, this service would integrate seamlessly with Salesforce to avoid the need to always update your lists.

by j2 Global on 2021-01-05

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for providing us with feedback! We're glad that Campaigner has been able to fit your needs.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-28
Carri T.
Exec Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-06

"Pricing Packages"

Comments: Other than the pricing, it works for me.

Pros: I would like a package that charges by my usage. I don't sent out a lot of emails and I'm charged no matter what. I get that, however, it would be helpful to have a package that corresponds with usage.

Cons: The pricing packages. Maybe I've missed what you have that would be much more reasonable for me.

Hello Carri,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback for us.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-06
Maricruz Z.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-25

"Campaigner Review"

Comments: I use campaigner to send out weekly email newsletters to our clients so it gets the job done.

Pros: I like that you can input your own design to use or you can utilize one of the free designs they provide

Cons: I do not like that I sometimes have to input photos or writing that was saved but closed down unexpectedly.

by j2 Global on 2020-09-10

Hi Maricruz,

Thank you for your feedback, this is a big help to us and it is much appreciated.

Wishing you all the best,

• Reviewed on 2020-08-25