15 years helping Canadian businesses

EZOfficeInventory Reviews

4.6 (1,494) Write a Review!

About EZOfficeInventory

Asset lifecycle management software built around your asset tracking needs. Depreciation, barcoding and more. Try It For Free!

Learn more about EZOfficeInventory

Pros:

Was easy to integrate with the functions of my business.

Cons:

I dislike that the layout buttons are small and that I cannot sort equipment by type and instead have to scroll through.

EZOfficeInventory ratings

4.5
4.6
4.5
4.6

8.5/10

EZOfficeInventory has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,494 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EZOfficeInventory before?

Filter reviews (1,494)

Merchandise Manager in US
, 51–200 Employees

Very easy to use and understand. Great user interface. Editing is a breeze!

Comments: This software is taking me from several huge spreadsheets and no photos to a streamlined, searchable, history tracking, photo attached inventory system. No longer do I have to track multiple files and spreadsheets. It is all in one place.

Pros:

It is FAST and very simple to use. I can change records so easily if I need to correct or edit anything. Adding custom fields is great for unique data. Searching is with the ability to search multiple terms at once. Filtering allows me to further 'drill down'. The three different types of items make it simple to separate company owned, client owned and disposable inventory. Adding photos and other documents is also very easy. Managing photos is fairly simple, but see 'cons' below. User permission has a very deep control mechanism allowing viewability to be finely tuned and managed as needed. The cart feature is awesome for checking out multiple items at once. You can then check in the same cart for fast returns. Searching with the mobile app via text, or scanning QR codes is blazing fast. Zero time is wasted waiting on EZO. Any lag is all on me. I use this software to track items in a photo studio, the things that belong to our clients that we are photographing. As such, we must isolate those items so that there is no client crossover. This works great!

Cons:

As of this writing (5/2018) the view is not 'responsive' to your screen size. It is also not possible to manually resize column widths. Some views allow you to hide the right sidebar while others do not. This is promised to be an updated feature coming in 7/2018. When interacting with individual records after a search, it is not possible to return to the search results. The search must be repeated. There is no feature to create shelf barcode or QR code labels. Must use external software, but you can easily link those, one by one.

Sven
CTO in Croatia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Very good inventory management software

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Its easy enough to use. Once you get the logic its pretty much direct. It has a lot or reporting options and customization options which I really like.

Pros:

I like the logic of the things. The way we manage to track the devices with users.

Cons:

We dont have an option for users to request a software license so we can track which user has what subscription

Alternatives Considered: IT Glue

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Better presentstion and overall options thst we required.

Ashlee
Technology Services Specialist in US
Civic & Social Organization, 501–1,000 Employees

As a new user who has never used similar software, I have many criticisms

Pros:

It is very helpful to be able to look up an asset by serial number, asset id, comments, etc.

Cons:

I find it difficult to process multiple assets at once. For example, when printing tags if the batch is not easily filtered it is difficult to get everything on one download. If I want to print various tags that have nothing in common to filter by then I will have to print each one individually. It has created a situation where a missed asset number will just be abandoned and left in the retired state indefinitely. The function of check in and out has also been abandoned by my company due to the limits on members that can be added as well as the difficulty of keeping up with who should be added or deleted. It has made more sense to note in the comments who has checked out an asset because its far easier to implement and manage. Another note, we have assets that are IT related and non-IT related. It would be very helpful to be able to separate these into groups that may be associated with the admin account related to each department.

4 years ago

Hello Ashlee. Thank you for taking out the time to provide us detailed feedback. You can easily divide your IT and non IT assets on the basis of different groups and locations - the custom roles feature allows you to limit users to only their assigned groups which will in turn restrict non IT members from viewing your IT assets. There are multiple ways to pick assets from different pages but we would like to know more details as to how you are currently using it. We are currently evaluating checkouts against multiple people and we'd love to get your insights on it. We would like you to drop us an email at [email protected] and your assigned solutions consultant will set up a call with you to configure your account in a way that you don't have to face these troubles again.

Muhammad Awais
Electrical Engineer in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

MAwais Islam

Comments: I liked the working with EZ they provide great customer & technical support to implement the system to your needs

Pros:

User friendly Web base interface Great for generating personalized reports

Cons:

Some system based field are developer controlled would like to see more customizability

2 months ago

Muhammad Awais, Thank you for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear you are having such a positive experience with us. It makes us really happy to hear how easy and user friendly the platform is for you. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to keep providing you top notch service in the future as well!

Jesse
Field Service Equipment Coordinator in US
Renewables & Environment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Qualus LLC

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I like how user friendly it is. I'm able to easily utilize it's feature both on my computer and on the Mobile App.

Cons:

I wish that they offered a GPS feature for assets managed with EZO.

Alternatives Considered: ECP

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: It has many of the features that competitors have at a much more affordable cost.

Peter
Peter
COO in Denmark
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great customer service and good value for money

Comments: Good value for money. Quick and nice customer service. They respond within the same day and are very solution minded.

Pros:

It is relatively easy to get started setting up assets etc. in the system. As with most (all?) platforms it takes a while before your are 100% comfortable how to handle the different situations in the system. We use the QR scanner app which works flawlessly.

Cons:

It is OK intuitive to use - but not perfect. The UI is not a big issue - but it can be improved.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda, Sortly, ODT Rentals, Booqable, Rentman and HireHop

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Various reviews. Ease of implementation. Cost. Guidelines on webpage.

Alayna
Laboratory Manager in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

EZ office ups and downs

4.0 last month New

Comments: As I said, I wish I had more freedom to edit and assign my inventory a little more personal to our business.
It is frustrating I have to keep certain aspects when I don't use or need them.
But overall, EZoffice has been nice for our company! and it has kept our inventory much more clean and organized! I would recommend this to other businesses.

Pros:

It is very convenient for my staff and I use. Everybody is on the same page, and whatever data is input everyone can see!

Cons:

It doesn't quite let you edit your inventory as much as id like. I would like full control and creative freedom to make my assists how I want and need, and it just doesn't seem to do that.

Utkristha
CEO in US
Packaging & Containers, 2–10 Employees

Amazing for my small scale business

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It helps to track all office inventory in one place easily and quickly.

Cons:

Not any as such. Interface could be improved.

Meagan
Office Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 51–200 Employees

EZOffice Inventory

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

EZ Office inventory is easy to use at all levels of tech savviness which makes it easy for all users.

Cons:

EZ Office inventory per user billing is a bit disappointing but in line with the times I suppose

Drake
Property Manager in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great product

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We love that we are able to easily track out assets.

Cons:

It is a little difficult to figure out at first but once you do it a few times it is very easy. Customer support is also great.

Braden
IT Services in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

EZOffice: Sometimes simple, sometimes not so much.

Comments: I like it, but I think there is definitely room for improvement. It has some great features that are not found elsewhere in my experience, but I wouldn't necessarily pick to use this tool if I had to pick. I wouldn't have any gripes if it was picked for my team again, though.

Pros:

I liked that everything was easy to categorize. For example, we deploy laptops called "Loaners" for users who don't have a laptop to use while IT fixes their originals. EZOffice made it very easy for us to put those "Loaner" laptops into a group, and then be able to view every laptop in that group and manage our assets more effectively. I also loved the "Previous Owner" field, as it helped me trace down some laptops that had seemingly disappeared. Big help there.

Cons:

I did not like that it manually assigned an asset to our laptops. That has caused me some inconvenience. While searching for an asset tag that we've assigned, say I'm searching for laptop 2415, I'd put 2415 into the search bar, and there would be several laptops brought up as a result. Each of these laptops had EZOffice's personal asset tag assigned, along with our own, (which were never the same.) It was a pain to have to click on each asset to have to find out what it's real Asset tag was.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: For the groups feature and the depreciated value calculations.

Joel
Equipment Circulation Student Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

My Take on EZOfficeInventory for Colleges

Comments: I was the staff member who implemented and set up this system for our college and I work on the team that uses this software everyday. We have about 200 assets in our system and over 5000 users. We use this system to manage reservations and loans of tech hardware such as speaker systems and cameras. Overall the system has worked well for our needs but I can tell that is is not optimized for this use case. We love the customer support and the flexibility of this software.

Pros:

For our use case the most valuable feature is definitely the ability to pull user information from our existing LDAP system so we never have to worry about creating user profiles or authentication. We also love the "carts" module which saves us time when checking out multiple assets to the same student/staff member.

Cons:

It is frustrating that carts is not set up as part of the core of the software and is instead an add-on. This means certain features like sending alerts based on cart actions or seeing cart reservations along side single item reservations. I feel this is likely due to the fact that this system is designed for companies to manage their assets among staff, but we are implementing it as a service/customer lending system sort of like a library for tech hardware.

Alternatives Considered: Cheqroom

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory: our old software was incredibly slow and they went out of business.

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Best value for the money compared to other products considered.

Aldo
IT in Mexico
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Review from EZOffice Inventory

Comments: my experience with EZOffice is excellent, comfortable and easy, can be used without experience in software to inventory

Pros:

I like this software because is easy to administer and bring me reports complete also I can be tracking devices history

Cons:

What I didn't like is the graphic interface, I think I could improve

Alternatives Considered: Odoo and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory: because this software has more tools and is more intuitive

Switched From: OCS Suite

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: cost and benefits

4 years ago

Hello Aldo, We appreciate your valuable feedback and are extremely glad you liked EZOfficeInventory's reporting feature. Currently, we are in the process of upgrading our UI/UX design that will hopefully enhance your user experience. Stay tuned for updates, and feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any queries in the future.

Joe
Merchant Technology Specialist in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Best Office Inventory Software I've Seen

Comments: Exceptional. From sales support at on-boarding, to billing, to retention. I have only had a positive experience with EZOfffice.

Pros:

Easy to use, quick and easy setup, supports serialized and non-serialized inventory, and so much more.

Cons:

I can not complain about any aspect of this software based on our use of it with our company.

Alternatives Considered: Personica

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory: Database design did not lend itself to flexible or customization of products within our inventory

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Customer Service, price differential, ease of use

4 years ago

Dear Joe, It's nice to hear from you, and we are glad that you have no complaints about our product, EZOfficeInventory. We want to express our gratitude by saying thank you. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any concerns in the future.

Steve
IT Specialist in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Powerful, configurable product that has more features than we need.

Comments: * We now have an "Asset Tracking Database" that provides listings for Disaster Recovery.
* We can locate assets that have been Checked-out.
* Too involved in keeping an asset database for out 75 PCs.

Pros:

* Data is stored offsite, in EZOfficeInvetory's "cloud" so it is readily available from anywhere which is a real requirement in the case of a disaster at the office. * Create a report for insurance claim after loss. * Tracks asset assignment to sites/individuals via a Checkout/Checkin model. * Handles concurrent users and conflicts. * Custom fields can be created to handle the need to store additional information.

Cons:

* Had to create many Custom Fields for simple PC asset tracking. * Within PC asset input, input template is not configurable to allow Custom Fields to be moved into more useful areas on the screen. * On asset display screen, again, Custom Fields are not movable to provide a more useful display with least important information at the bottom. * Layout of asset display screen is not configurable. * Pricing model is based on number of users configured not the amount of data stored or the databases used. * Not modular enough to accommodate stripped-down version that would allow us to just use Asset Tracking. * All Functionality that we use, except offsite storage, could be provided by one Excel spreadsheet which would far easier to use and would cover all of the PROs listed above.

5 years ago

Hi Steve, Thank you for your feedback. We at EZOfficeInventory try very hard to address the problems for clients coming from various verticals. In doing so, we allow the customers to create their own fields to track. We currently do not allow their positioning. However, this will be looked into and taken to the Product Team for further evaluation.

Matthew
Systems Administrator in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

100 times better than we expected

Comments: We researched an inventory system to migrate to a few years ago and we came across EZOfficeInventory. We determined it looked like the best option and it had one of the best prices. Not only have we thoroughly enjoyed everything about EZOfficeInventory since the migration, but since we have the highest tier subscription plan, we can request any new feature that we want them to integrate for us and we have done that several times already. Each time we request something new they always make it happen for us so we have been pleased with every request we have made. One of the coolest integrations that EZOfficeInventory has is that it integrates directly with Zendesk which is what we use already for our help desk ticketing system. I honestly don't know what we would do without EZOfficeInventory at this point. Even the support staff is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros:

You can create any kind of custom reports you want. Sort items by groups and sub groups. It syncs with LDAP. The pricing is competitive. You can configure alerts and custom access rights. It uses QR codes and barcodes. Easy to import existing assets from csv files. I could go on, but my hands are getting tired from typing.

Cons:

Having a hard time thinking of any cons, but one thing it could use is a few more "bulk edit" options other than bulk editing assets themselves. Like it would be nice if I could bulk edit a certain user field or something like that. I also wish I could bulk edit the document/image library to remove all the duplicates. This is an extremely minor con.

Abe
Director of Operations in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

A Flexible Asset Management Solution

Comments: We have been very pleased with EZOfficeInventory. We used it to replace a number of manual-input spreadsheets and other DIY solutions. This has been an affordable solution that works exceptionally well for our organization and has been a dramatic improvement from the hodge=podge of solutions that we were using previously.

Pros:

We really enjoy how versatile this product is. We use it to track everything from computers and peripherals in the office to our trucks in the field. It is simple enough to allow for us to use it across a wide range of assets, but also robust enough to allow us to track service and schedule reminders for regular service and registration on our trailers and equipment. It has dramatically increased accountability across the organization and allowed us to ensure better control of our assets.

Cons:

There are not really very many cons that we have discovered for the software. The only drawback is that some of our less technically savvy employees are a bit intimidated by the UI. However, after the initial hurdles, they seem to pick it up quickly.

Steve
HR / Facilites Manager in Canada
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Flexible Tool for more that just inventory

Comments: So I'm not the main user of this tool. Our Operations team uses it for inventory but my tie in is getting new employees up to speed to use it, and also we've found it can be a useful means of tracking employee access to tools and equipment in one interface so we aren't spread across so many places in our otherwise immature tool environment.

Pros:

I enjoy that it is flexible, but lightweight. Some inventory systems seem steeped in some old IBM style clunkiness but this tool matches cloud-style service culture and seems to flex where needed.

Cons:

As someone that uses this tool for a few limited purposes, I have yet to really master effective reporting. I feel I either need to educate myself further or the steps to run the limited reports that I want are not as clear as they could be (compared to other EZO features)

4 years ago

Hi Steve, We hope you're doing well! Thank you for taking out time to review our product. We're happy to see that you found our asset tracking software flexible and useful to track employee access to tools and equipment. If you need any help with understanding the functionality and reporting features, contact us at [email protected] and we can schedule a demo to help you out.

Kerrie
QA Administration in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Couldn't ask for better!

Comments: Inventory management

Pros:

tell people all the time that EZ should put me on their payroll as much as I praise & recommend their service! I have used EZ for a total of 4 years & have loved every part of it. It's incredibly user-friendly & retains any data you need to see at a glance between the comments section, custom fields & attachments. They have just enough levels of control that aren't overwhelming to incorporate but still maintains the levels of security that are needed. I am currently using it to organize/maintain a Samples Department where we have samples from all over the world with different specs. Each piece (some have multiple quantities & others are a single item) needs to be tracked with specific details maintained amongst 7 departments & 4 branches. Needless to say, this is an amazing tool to keep control & accountability for the assets. Their customer service is phenomenal! Every time I have a question they are quick to respond, thorough in their answer (including links) & have even implemented suggestions I had that helped with workflow. The definition of EZ is working smarter & not harder. Keep the outstanding work up EZ!! You make my job sooooooo much easier!

Cons:

The only con I can think would be not having images on their search engine and reports. Some times a picture is worth a thousand words.

Chuck
Sr. Lab Tech in US
Public Safety, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Maximize limited resources

Comments: We can maximize the use of our limited resources by reserving in-advance, communicating our intended usage to allow sharing, and to schedule calibration and maintenance. We can use the history in EZO to justify new equipment purchases or to find new ways of maximizing the current equipment's utility.

Pros:

EZO is intuitive to use. I can schedule the use of equipment immediately or months in advance. I can leave notes to my colleagues about what the equipment will be set to and if they can share it for the duration of my reservation. EZO emails me when reservations are ending and allows me to email colleagues about their reservations. Equipment can be categorized into different groups. Manufacturer Specs and calibration records can be attached into EZO for convenience.

Cons:

The software is a valuable tool but It needs the administrator to stay on top of changing resources to maximize it's benefit. The team needs to use EZO fairly and properly and not over-reserve equipment.

5 years ago

Hi Chuck, We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review on EZOfficeInventory platform.

IT Helpdesk in US
Biotechnology, 501–1,000 Employees

EzOfficeInventory is an inexpensive option to track inventory

Comments: Due to AIN not being default option when I started with company the assets were a mess.. I had to export the inventory than sort by group and assign AIN numbers and import back in. Asset stocks were even worst as it does not auto search when using description so we had HP Dock, Lenovo Dock, Docking station. Basically whatever the person input at the time of adding so I had to export and fix that. It would of been nice if it had prompted you have dock group do you want to use this group?

Pros:

You can track really as much info as you need. We only need to tract asset tag and who it is checked out to. But as a business you can even track how much you paid for each piece when you add to stock. So it allows as little or as much as you need to track.

Cons:

Would of liked another category for assets for available inventory not checked out as we add them. How we are working around this is we modify our AIN number to put it into another group for reporting. The default option using Asset # is not a good choice because you can not change this number so if using it as default when you retire a system your going to have gaps in this number making it more difficult to track how many assets are in use or available at this time. Default option should be AIN.

Vishnu
Strategy in Canada
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

EZOfficeInventory has been very useful

Comments: Overall, it has been a very useful tool to keep track of our POs and items in the lab

Pros:

The product is easy to set up and is easy to be trained on. I also like the layout and the features included in the package

Cons:

I do not like that the custom alerts do not work properly. Also when receiving items, I'm unable to cross verify with AIN. There are some rough edges to the product that needs to be sorted out

Alternatives Considered: FlowTrack

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Price and features

2 years ago

Hi! We are sorry you are experiencing issues with EZO. Could you email us at [email protected] with more details? Someone from our customer success team would love to troubleshoot this for you.

Jasmine
Office Manager in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Ideal for tool tracking

Comments: Overall experience is completely positive. It will have saved us so much money in the long run and we are now a lot more organised and our sub-contractors are showing more care toward the tools they borrow.

Pros:

We were losing money having to pay to replace lost tools & equipment which were being left on sites. EZOfficeInventory now means that we can track everything we hand out to our sub-contactors & employees to use and ensure we get it back. It is completely worth the time and money to input everything on the system. The QR code feature is ideal and saves so much time. When someone needs to check-out an item, they simply open the app on their phone, scan the code and check out. We only currently use a small portion of the website which is available but will definitely be looking into what else we can use EZOfficeInventory for.

Cons:

The only thing which we would change (although it's not exactly an issue at all just slightly time consuming) is when printing the QR codes for each item, we have to click on the link to the QR code, then screenshot the internet page with the QR code on, then paste into a word document, then crop the screenshot to just the QR code, then save the QR code as a .JPG to then insert the image onto our label printing software. If there was an option to save the QR code as an image file straight away that would be amazing however I'm not sure if this is even possible!

4 years ago

Hey, Jasmine. We really appreciate your time and effort in providing us with positive feedback. Yes, our support team actually works in different time zones to make sure our clients are happy from us.

Lutfi
Hardware Production Engineer in Canada
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Great Tool for smaller companies looking to get serious about asset and inventory tracking

Comments: EZOffice has been a great benefit to our company, in terms of tracking and reliability in our products

Pros:

The two most impactful features are (1) the asset tracking and inventory tracking functions, and (2) the work order functions. It allows is to easily track our products across the world, as well as create repairs and services as needed in an easy and functional way

Cons:

The one thing that I find could be better implemented in the auditting feature, and email notifications. It would be nice to be able to completely customize the types of notifications (within EZOffice) and emails that each member will get.

4 years ago

Hi Lutfi, We highly value your feedback. For alerts and emails you can customize the alerts that you want to send to each member however its the form of notification that they receive so greater customization wasn't really possible with this module. As far as auditing is concerned we allow audits on checked out assets and we are introducing audits for asset stock as well. Do get in touch with one of our support members and they will guide you through it.

Glenn
Glenn
WISC IT TSE Team Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

EZ Office Ease of use

Comments: Overall my experience has been great and I appreciate the ease it brings to our needs for managing so many items as we do.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and is great at categorizing any items we add for EZ management. There are too many features to list and I will just say that the app lives up to its brand name, EZ.

Cons:

The reports function was a challenge at first and it seems like we can't delete previously created reports which remain under Bookmarked. Slightly annoying but easy to ignore.

4 years ago

Hi Glenn, We're delighted to hear you didn't have any complaints! We sincerely appreciate you for taking out time to review us. We're glad that you found EZOfficeInventory easy to use and felt that our application lives up to its brand name, EZ. If you encounter any concerns in the future, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected] and we would love to assist you.