15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Capsule

Capsule is an easy-to-use CRM that helps businesses stay organized, know more about their customers & build better relationships.

Learn more about Capsule

Pros:

Simple contact and account management, link task reminders to contacts and or opportunities. Integration with GMail etc, Xero, MailChimp.

Cons:

We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data.

Capsule ratings

4.6
4.5
4.3
4.6

8.7/10

Capsule has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 161 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Capsule before?

Aviation & Aerospace, 2–10 Employees

Best CRM I've ever used

Comments: Peace of mind for my business

Pros:

Visual presentation of the data, ease of access, monthly subscription, data capture, project tracking, email link capability, mobile access.

Cons:

The CRM had no functions that I disliked

Alternatives Considered: Act!, Salesforce Sales Cloud and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule: All other products were too complex with difficult to set up daily interactions

4 years ago

Hi Peter, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review about Capsule - we're really glad it's helping your business!

Robert
Robert
CEO in Australia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

A simple CRM that allowed us to hit the ground running

Comments: Overall I have been pleasantly surprised. I at first thought the system would be too underpowered for what we needed, but it has actually delivered on what we have needed and the simplicity of changing things has allowed us to easily experiment with our processes until we have things right. It has suited our small team very well - and I look forward to seeing how well it scales with us.

Pros:

I like the simplicity of the system. It was very quick and easy both to setup (and make changes to) and then to use the system. It has been very easy to train new employees on. The system has some good power around workflows - which have helped us lock down our processes and helped new staff to follow them. It has a good integration with Xero which has saved us a lot of time and has just released an integration into a mail campaign tool (Transpond) which looks to be a nice added bonus.

Cons:

The system doesn't have a document generation tool (so you need to generate invoices and quotes in a separate system). It also is comparatively underpowered in the reports you can generate (even when you upgrade to the higher tiers that have additional reporting functionality). You can export full data sets to CSV - so we have built what we needed in Excel, but it would be nice to have it saved as reports and visualisations in the system. There also isn't the flexibility around notifications that I am previously used to (and so we have had to adjust the workflows a little).

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Starter

Reasons for Switching to Capsule: The initial price point was cheaper for Capsule (about half the price of Salesforce) - and I and other key staff members of the team had experience of setting up Salesforce and found that there was just a lot more to do before you could start using the system (and another step change of work before you could start using it again).

2 years ago

Hi Robert, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review - it really helps our team when we receive first-hand feedback. We're so happy to hear that Capsule is helping your business and saving you time in a variety of ways. We've also taken onboard your feedback regarding document generation, reports and notifications. If anything should change on any of those fronts - you'll be the first to know. Regardless, we're very happy that you've been surprised by Capsule and look forward to helping your business scale in the future.

Abhilash
Accountant in US
Textiles, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Capsule Is a Consistent CRM Solution

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Capsule has been the best CRM solution for us. Capsule has been so consistent.

Cons:

I like how efficient Capsule has been. Capsule is incredible.

CEO in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Could be great but it has a fatal flaw.

Comments: I am hoping that they will fix the above deficiency quickly or we have to change to a different app.

Pros:

Simplicity. Price. It appeared to be the right product for the right price.

Cons:

They don’t understand the mission critical relationship between logging an activity and a related task generation. It has to be done entirely manually with no auto reminders or follow-ups. It seemed like such a basic requirement that I didn’t even check for it. My bad.

Caroline
Ops Director in UK
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

We drive our business forward with Capsule

Comments: Capsule has become the key driver of business growth for us, and we track everything through it. No exceptions.

Pros:

Really simple and intuitive to use. Good organisation, we like it so much we hired someone to run Capsule full-time as the ROI was clear to see.

Cons:

To be able to send emails from within capsule, but appearing to arrive from my own email address.

Ben
Owner in Australia
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Day #1 of the evaluation

Pros:

DAY #1 - yes, I know, I know its early days but after using a high-powered corporate CRM for 20 years I find Capsules underlying principles of operations intuitive , and easy to understand. I accept there is much to do to get me back up and running in my small business but I'm really confident after my painful transition from a large US corporate CRM that it wont be as painless and frustrating. Also let me highlight an outstanding feature of Capsule. Hardware, software, R&D catchup, and leapfrog etc is the nature of the industry. But what my intuition tells me after a long time in the game what will set this company apart (and I've seen many over the years: good and abysmal) is the quality and calibre of the support. The support team wants me to succeed! :) and that gives me a lot of energy. I have spent 40 years in the IT game and to get a support response from halfway round the world in 4 hrs gives me great confidence. I will report back again year!

Cons:

I will report back in the next 6 months to give an update.

Jesse
Business Owner in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Capsule is simple to use and just the right number of features

Comments: I've been using Capsule for several months and I am very happy. Occasionally I try other apps just to see, but none of them are as easy to use. Capsule feels like a gem of a CRM in a field crowded with lots of apps. If you need reminders of who to follow up with and when, Capsule does that really well—and can grow with you as you grow. Next year I'll likely need to upgrade from the free level, and I'll gladly do so.

Pros:

As a service provider I have a lot of contacts to track. I tried several CRMs (Hubspot, Monday, etc) but none were as simple to use as Capsule. I had basic needs: track new contacts and set reminders to follow up. While other apps had those features alongside dozens of other tools, Capsule made it very easy to start tracking and reminding right away. And that's on a free level! The Gmail extension works really well and makes adding tasks quick and easy.

Cons:

If I was nitpicky, I'd say maybe a more modern design. But it's not strictly utilitarian, and it's simplicity makes it easy to do what I need.

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive, Brevo, monday.com and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule: Other CRMs were pretty complicated for what I needed. I first tried Hubspot, but I was lost in all the features. All I needed to do was set reminders to follow up with people. While the other CRMs do that, it felt like I had to swim through a dozen other features to get there. I was able to start using Capsule immediately and knew exactly what to do. And with the Gmail extension, it's even simpler.

2 years ago

Hi Jesse, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - that's really going to help other people considering Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule so easy to use, especially compared to alternatives you considered and that it's helping you to do what you need to.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

wonderful Software for every business

Comments: The software is simple to use, it has a wide range of tools that you can use. However, the great thing you dont have to use all the features and they are hidden away, so they dont affect your everyday usage. Incredibly for this type of software and all the tools you can access, it is incredibly affordable for personal, small business or large companies. We really love the product

Pros:

We have used this software for over five years. We used to use act and were reluctant to move to another provider. We moved because we could use the software on all forms of devices, anywhere in the world. The other great feature is that it is so simple to use, you hardly need any training at all

Cons:

Actually we love it, so we dont really have anything negative to say

4 years ago

Hi Peter, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us! We're so happy to hear that Capsule has worked out for you!

REBECCA
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Capsule Review

Pros:

Very easy to set up Easy and intuitive to use It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious. The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds Support staff are very quick to respond. The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons:

You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails. There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system. There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar. There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule: it worked better for our requirements, customer support was personal and significantly better and the price was better.

4 years ago

Hi Rebecca, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. While you can't see your past tasks in the Calendar, you can go to the task list view and filter for completed tasks. Here you'll be able to see a list of everything that's been completed. While we can't put someone behind your husband and nudge him - you could set up a task for a certain time each day that recurs every week (5 recurring tasks), basically just as a prod to remind him to add notes? I hope that gives you some tips and if you need any extra support you can always reach out to us.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

Comments: It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple
The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time.
The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros:

It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support. Its online and accessible on an app It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons:

The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance. Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Beth
Co-Owner in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Best in Class CRM

Comments: I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros:

Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons:

The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Alternatives Considered: Less Annoying CRM, Zoho CRM, Insightly, Pipedrive, Acuity Scheduling, OnePageCRM, Highrise, Spotler CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule: Best fit for our needs

Linda
Owner in Netherlands
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients

Comments: I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros:

For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons:

The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof. Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

4 years ago

Hi Linda, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at [email protected] then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

Christian
Principal - Business Owner in US
Photography, Self Employed

Near perfect balance of capability and useability

Comments: It has been up and useable every day that I use it, which on most business days is everyday. I came from the corporate world where I was an executive sponsor of bringing in SalesForce to a large organization. I looked at Sales Force basics immediately starting my own business and it was way to cumbersome for a startup that at most will have 4-6 employees.

Pros:

One of the best features is the capsule daily reminder email that comes to me every morning with whom I need to take next actions with. Of course, this requires me to be an active user of tasks, which i have always been, but it allows me to do that all in the CRM and not have followups in Outlook or Gmail . The other aspect is the seamless updating whether I do it on my iphone based app or desktop

Cons:

I use Outlook 365 desktop and having the full HTML and attachment ability is better than the email integration of Capsule. Either Capsule should go right to my Outlook 365 when I start an email

last year

Hi Christian, Thanks for writing a review - it's great to hear how much you like Capsule and specifically the task reminder emails. If you would prefer to send emails from Outlook directly you might be best disconnecting your mailbox. Then, when you click on an email address we will open a compose window using your default email client instead - which you can set to be Outlook. If you'd like more help with this our support team will be more than happy to help just email [email protected].

Mark
Insight & Healthy Lifestyles Lead in UK
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Needed convincing to use Capsule, but no a convert!

Pros:

Honestly, I was sceptical about using Capsule when it first came along. I couldn’t see how tracking tasks or cases could benefit my work. I saw it as another thing I had to do, day to day. I thought the main reason for getting it was to track the relationships, conversations and connections between partners. Since I’ve been using Capsule, I’ve found it really useful for those things. I can check who and what people have been talking to partners about and I can use it to track my own conversations with partners. It’s like creating a story of those relationships. I still don’t use the tasks or cases, but maybe that will come at some point

Cons:

As above. In addition, I would like a feature where you can search for a contact and then add them to a list without having to create a task or tag. That would be good.

3 years ago

Hi Mark, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review. We're glad that we've won you over and that you're finding Capsule useful. Also, thanks for your suggestion about searching and adding contacts to lists - I've added you as a +1 for this feature request.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

Comments: For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros:

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons:

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

Graham
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A really great CRM

Comments: FANTASTIC!

Pros:

Basically I LOVE it as it is so easy to use, the drag and drop on the Calendar (for those times when you just can't get it all done on the day) is so very useful.

Cons:

I may be asking too much (or maybe not using it as I could) but I would love to be able to track a work on a project after the deal has been won, a sort of mini project management facility. I may be able to do this with the software as it is - to be honest I am still learning how to use it - but if it were there it would help. But that's me wanting to improve on excellence!

4 years ago

Hi Graham, Thanks for writing a review - we're glad you like Capsule. Just wanted to jump in and offer you some ideas for post-sale. You might like to create a Case. Cases are essentially a storage area for everything to do with a particular project or event. We have a support doc that covers Cases in more detail here https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. You could create a Case for each won Opportunity as a way of keeping everything to do with a particular project together, whether this be notes, files or emails. The great thing with Cases is they can be linked directly to an Opportunity so it's really clear which Opportunity a Case relates to. Do you think Cases could work well for you? If not you might also want to look in to Tracks. Tracks are a sequence of tasks to be completed, which could work really well if you tend to carry out the same post sale actions as they could help to streamline your workflow.

Jason
Trustee in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Stands out from the crowd

Comments: Having used a number of CRMs, Capsule has stood out as an excellent all round package. The interface is accessible and easy to navigate, whilst the settings are in-depth enough to allow for professional alterations tailored to any particular cause. We are a charity and use it to track our philanthropic relationships, donations and overall workload. One of it's best features is how easy it is to assign and track tasks, and manage multiple shared relationships and communications across a large team. Thanks to Capsule, I know for certain it's helped us to better achieve our goals.

Pros:

It can be tailored to a significant extent Easy to track relationships and communications Easy to assign and track tasks Nice light easy to navigate interface

Cons:

It's export functionalities and query are somewhat limited

Retail, 51–200 Employees

Been using Capsule for over two years, and it's easy to track leads, clients and tasks per project.

Comments: Cost efficient way to keep daily tasks organized.

Pros:

The best thing about Capsule is how helpful it is with keeping me organized. We have over 100 clients that I need to keep track of. With each client at a different phase, it could become overwhelming to keep track of all of the details. Capsule helps me stay on top of everything

Cons:

Tracking emails is a little cumbersome. I BCC a capsule email address associated with a project. When a client replies to that email the BCC is not copied, so that email does not get tracked. I could copy the email address, but that is not something I want the client to see,

Prathamesh
Managing Principal in India
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

A complete CRM with Easy to Use and Simplicity.

Comments: For an Architectural Firm like ours, it is minimalist and not complicated. Workflow is natural and well organized. Fun to work on. It gives a clear big as well as a micro picture of the overall business development efforts.

Pros:

The ability to plan & track activity for contacts is what attracted me to Capsule CRM. The feature to add Tracks to Leads is a winner! It's clean and clutter-free. It is easy to use and not overwhelming.

Cons:

The dashboard can show more reports. The activity of Pipeline Track should show up on Dashboard. Should be able to add notes to the reason for Won or Lost Leads.

3 years ago

Hi Prathamesh, Thanks so much for writing a review. We're so glad you're finding Capsule easy-to use. It's always our aim to give our customers a great user experience without compromising on features. As for the dashboard - you're not the first one to ask for more customisation there, so what I've done is added your name against this feature request so if we do develop this we'll let you know. While you can't add notes directly against a won or lost reason you still can add notes to the opportunity if you want to record more details and once the opportunity is closed you can still add tasks for example if you wanted to follow up again at a later date. I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but it could still help to record extra tasks/notes. I hope that helps you out and once again thanks for taking the time to share feedback.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

One of the best CRM solutions

Pros:

Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons:

Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

Louise
Virtual Assistant in UK
Executive Office, Self Employed

Capsule really works for me

Pros:

Its so easy to use and its simplicity really helps me to save time

Cons:

The only thing is that sometimes the contacts are duplicated when I add in an organisation

3 years ago

Hi Louise, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review. We're glad that you find Capsule easy to use and that it's helping you to save time. If you need any support with duplication of contacts then feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].

Computer Software

OK CRM for the Price

Comments: I have to have a CRM in place for my company to keep clients tasks organized. We manage hundreds of clients daily.

Pros:

Capsule has basic functionality. I have a list of my Contacts, I can create tasks, make tags, and create pipelines. It allows me to upload documents and manage the team's tasks under me.

Cons:

I can only upload one document at a time which is annoying. The automatic email BCC doesn't work for me to record in my notes so I always have to copy and paste.

Angela
Admin in Canada
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Review

Comments: It has helped us stream line and keep great work flow.

Pros:

What I like most is keeping notes and tracking all phone calls and customer interaction with ease to follow up.

Cons:

Possibly a way to add photos to activity log.

3 years ago

Hi Angela, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback we receive. We're really glad that Capsule is helping you to keep track of customer interactions. As for adding photos to the activity log, you can attach files such as photos, pdfs etc. when you are logging the activity. Would this help you out? If you'd like any more help with this please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help you out.

Julie
Founder and Professional Organiser in Australia
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Easy to use client management

Comments: Easy to capture important client notes, follow up items and important stuff like their pets' names.

Pros:

Easy to use, inexpensive, has all the features I need for my small business

Cons:

Can't think of any improvements I need at the moment

4 years ago

Hi Julie, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and it's helping you capture important details!

SAMUEL
Founder in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Comments: Very happy

Pros:

Tasks, Mobile friendly, team management

Cons:

I like it all, easy to use it. Mobile friendly

3 years ago

Hi Samuel, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate that. It's great to see that you're finding Capsule helps with team management and that it's mobile-friendly too.