• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About Capsule

Capsule is an easy-to-use CRM that helps businesses stay organized, know more about their customers & build better relationships.

Learn more about Capsule

Dave S.
Research and Product Development
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-07

"Simple and Functional"

Comments: My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros: It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons: Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

by Zestia on 2020-09-14

Hi Dave,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule account. This is what non-google users use for storing emails. You can learn more about storing emails using the Capsule Mail Drop Box here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/storing-emails/#understanding-the-mail-drop-box.
If they are finding that emails aren't being stored on their contacts as expected, could you please email [email protected] and we can investigate further.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-07
Bill B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-14

"Quick to set up and start getting results"

Comments: I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros: Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags. There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule. I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons: The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-14
Linda C.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-21

"Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients"

Comments: I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros: For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons: The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof.
Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

by Zestia on 2020-10-01

Hi Linda,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at [email protected] then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

• Reviewed on 2020-09-21
Edo M.
sales representative
Building Materials, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-13

"Finaly a solution for my needs!"

Comments: For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities.
My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors.
Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM.
Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office.
Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros: Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons: Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

• Reviewed on 2017-04-13
Andre M.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-19

"EASY AS PIE"

Comments: has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros: Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons: I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Hi Andre,

Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this is to prevent your Capsule account filling up with opportunities that never get off the ground. What you're looking to do can be achieved, but it requires the use of a 3rd party tool called Zapier. Are you familiar with Zapier at all? To explain Zapier is what we call an integration platform which connects different services that don't normally have their own integrations with each other and they support Capsule. Check them out here: https://zapier.com
You can create a zap that each time a new contact is added to Capsule it triggers an action of a new opportunity being created.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-19
James P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-28

"One of the best CRMs I've ever used"

Comments: Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros: I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons: I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-28
Graham B.
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-14

"A really great CRM"

Comments: FANTASTIC!

Pros: Basically I LOVE it as it is so easy to use, the drag and drop on the Calendar (for those times when you just can't get it all done on the day) is so very useful.

Cons: I may be asking too much (or maybe not using it as I could) but I would love to be able to track a work on a project after the deal has been won, a sort of mini project management facility. I may be able to do this with the software as it is - to be honest I am still learning how to use it - but if it were there it would help. But that's me wanting to improve on excellence!

by Zestia on 2020-09-14

Hi Graham,

Thanks for writing a review - we're glad you like Capsule. Just wanted to jump in and offer you some ideas for post-sale. You might like to create a Case. Cases are essentially a storage area for everything to do with a particular project or event. We have a support doc that covers Cases in more detail here https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. You could create a Case for each won Opportunity as a way of keeping everything to do with a particular project together, whether this be notes, files or emails. The great thing with Cases is they can be linked directly to an Opportunity so it's really clear which Opportunity a Case relates to. Do you think Cases could work well for you? If not you might also want to look in to Tracks. Tracks are a sequence of tasks to be completed, which could work really well if you tend to carry out the same post sale actions as they could help to streamline your workflow.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-14
Scott F.
Owner/Operator
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-08

"I use this daily as a CRM for my small business contacts, and love how quick and easy it is to use."

Comments: Easy note taking which facilitates better interaction with my clients. I love the central location of all my info and that I can access it on my smart devices too.

Pros: I love how easy it is to complete just about any task imaginable. I make a LOT of notes for my customer accounts, and I love how each note can have any number of file attachments to them, but all the attachments for ALL the notes are also kept in a different area. Being able to integrate with my Google Apps account is a BIG plus, as is the ability to have emails I send instantly saved to customer records without me doing anything. Creating custom fields is also a breeze and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons: I really don't like the huge gap between a free account and a professional account. They need to increase storage limits AND create a plan between free and professional price points for smaller businesses. This is what really holds me back from doing more with this software, and keeps me in the market for different software constantly.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-08
Piers R.
MD
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-13

"Should run our lives"

Comments: We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros: We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons: I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

• Reviewed on 2019-12-13
Julie C.
Founder and Professional Organiser
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-21

"Easy to use client management"

Comments: Easy to capture important client notes, follow up items and important stuff like their pets' names.

Pros: Easy to use, inexpensive, has all the features I need for my small business

Cons: Can't think of any improvements I need at the moment

Hi Julie,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and it's helping you capture important details!

• Reviewed on 2020-10-21
Mauk V.
Business Owner
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-22

"Go for it and keep track of all your contacts for years!"

Pros: Ease of use and complete history of all my contacts over years.

Cons: Nothing I can think of. So keep this up!

Hi Mauk,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we're happy that you find Capsule easy to use and that it helps you to keep track of your contacts!

• Reviewed on 2020-10-22
Ashish D.
Head of Finance
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-07

"user review"

Comments: good for a startup to small size business.
not sure if it would stretch to bigger business due to limited functionality

Pros: easy to use
exportable data to finance package

Cons: limited usage
not multicurrency
not all data can be exported to accounts package from capsule

• Reviewed on 2019-12-07
Mike R.
Partner Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-26

"Works great and simple to use"

Comments: Technically it has always worked great and customer service is always prompt and very friendly.

Pros: Very easy to use. Not as complicated as other CRM's.

Cons: Wish it was easier to delete files that are no longer needed to save space.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-26
David F.
  • Reviewed on 2011-08-29

"Great Small Business CRM"

Comments: I really like CapsuleCRM. I've used Salesforce, Zoho, TactileCRM, Goldmine (years ago) and CapsuleCRM is so far the best in the small business market. It has a very easy interface to use, great tagging and list tagging capabilities. Easy to integrate via email or API. The only negative right now is it doesn't have security, any user with access can see everything and do everything. It's fine for small business but if you require security, I don't think you can use CapsuleCRM until they add that feature. Luckily for me our sales team is open so we can use this great tool, I hope they add security soon so we don't have to leave this product when we our sales team expands and we will need more security control.

Pros: The best thing I like about it is the dropbox and being able to leverage email to create notes, opportunities, tasks and the best part is that it auto-creates the customer if they don't exist. Also the pipeline tracking with milestones are great.

Cons: They really need to add access control and security. Right now everything is wide open which is fine for a small business but as a business grows, it will be key to have the security. I hope they add it soon.

• Reviewed on 2011-08-29
Wei lian H.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-23

"Capsule saves me a tonne of time in CRM"

Comments: Easy to segment client list

Pros: Tracks for tasks and projects ensure I'll never miss taking an important action for business

Cons: Small file size upload limit for the free plan

by Zestia on 2020-08-03

Hi Wei Lian, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how the Tracks functionality is helping you to keep on top of projects and tasks!

• Reviewed on 2020-07-23
Adam H.
Sales Rep
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-21

"A great lightweight CRM"

Comments: I've really enjoyed using Capsule CRM as an inexpensive, efficient way to monitor my interactions with my top prospects.

Pros: - Mobile app
- Ease of use
- Ability to print (I know, old school, but I enjoy being able to print off a list of prospects and dial them)
- Tags/categorizations so I can sort different types of leads, prospects, and clients.

Cons: At times, difficult to integrate with texting/calling. Would like to do that more seamlessly from the app

• Reviewed on 2017-12-21
Sean M.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-02

"Fantastic and affordable option"

Pros: This CRM features a few more bells and whistles than others, and you do pay for that but it's worth it. The Gmail integration and IOS app were what sold me. I exclusively use GMail for my business and it's nice to be able to interface between the two.

Cons: The free version limits you to 250 contacts, which is really not bad for a small time handyman like myself, but I imagine I'd had to sign up for the paid version sooner or later.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-02
Tony M.
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-03

"Good tool for planning project pipeline."

Comments: For us this product does a good job of a fairly simple specific task. It tracks our sales pipeline and we use the charts for planning resourcing and capacity. The xero add-on is useful too.

Pros: Integration with xero.
Simple.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-03
Josephine-marie M.
It help
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-24

"LOVE it!!"

Pros: I like this software on how it organizes the email and sale everything for me so I don't have to go looking for the things that is needed for sales. It helps with staying on track with the customers

Cons: the only thing that is least liked is the calendar but other then that everything is good.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-24
Publisher
Newspapers, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-25

"Just switched over"

Comments: Helps keep all team members on the same page.

Pros: Switched from HubSpot, because this is what my ad manager uses. I like it. Still exploring functions.

Cons: Better if we could email directly from the app.

by Zestia on 2021-01-27

Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you're liking it so far. if you need any help in getting more out of Capsule, then don't hesitate to contact our friendly support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2021-01-25
Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-03

"Great and easy to use!"

Comments: It has helped improve the efficiency of our sales pipeline, allowed us to visualise this pipeline and been great at contact management

Pros: We love capsule and how easy it is to use. We used salesforce on a clients account and found it very difficult to use and learn. Capsule pricing is very fair and it is great with g-suite integration.

Cons: Capsule does have limited functionalities. The free version is also very limited as it is only available for 250 contacts or less.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-03