SmarterU LMS Reviews

by Neovation Learning Solutions

Filter by:

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About SmarterU LMS

SmarterU is the perfect LMS to deliver compliance or soft skills training for 500 - 10,000+ learners.

Learn more about SmarterU LMS

Harold D.
VP Finance
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-28

"The SmarterU Team is Terrific"

Comments: I think SmarterU would be the perfect tool to bring both your sales presentation and your training to potential and existing reps. Simply put, it works! The modular nature allows reps to pick out from the training and reference library what they need, when they need it. Also, the team at SmarterU is terrific at translating your knowledge base into training modules that deliver the content in an easy to use format that really enhances both comprehension and retention.

by Neovation on 2014-07-28

Thank you, Harold. We love to work with our clients to convert their paper-based training into dynamic interactive online courses. Learners are more engaged, and your customers benefit from better trained Druxy's team members. Everyone benefits!

Heather M.
Assistant Manager Retail Education & Communication
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-01

"Loving Our SmarterU LMS"

Comments: Loving our SmarterU LMS. Thanks very much to the team for consistently responding to and resolving our issues quickly, and for continually growing and improving the user experience. We absolutely made the right choice when we decided to work with SmarterU!

by Neovation on 2016-06-02

Thanks, Heather - we love working with Home Hardware! We appreciate your kind words!

• Reviewed on 2016-06-01
Paul P.
National Client Manager

"An Incredible Partner"

Comments: Very pleased with the services provided to Manulife - SmarterU has been an incredible partner

by Neovation on 2014-07-29

Thanks Paul. Our pleasure to be a partner with Manulife in your online training initiatives.

Andrew A.
Director of Projects and Programs
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-08

"Love Working With SmarterU"

Comments: Any time I talk to anyone with SmarterU, I'm truly blown away by the positive attitude and willingness to help. I love working with you all.

Sabrina M.
Operations Program Manager
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-21

"Overall good product"

Comments: Overall good LMS and easy to use now that I have been using awhile.

Pros: Ability to build either a variety of medium's within the LMS

Cons: Not very intuitive - took a while to learn and master
Currently a bug with a certain report and no resolution for approx 3 months now

• Reviewed on 2019-06-21
Sarah Q.
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-02

"Josh Flower Is A Champion"

Comments: I am a new client, having recently signed a contract for the SmarterU LMS platform. Josh Flower has been my contact throughout our discovery process, as we shuffled through the landscape of LMS vendors. I found Josh Flower to be, hands down, the most attentive, genuine, personable representative I have come across in a very long time. The criteria for evaluating and choosing the right system for my organization were rigorous, and Josh was with me every step of the way; always providing timely answers and working with others at Neovation to dig into technical and functional details for me. He provided expert guidance and creative ideas, without overpromising. Josh is a true champion for Neovation and for SmarterU and was an integral part of my decision to choose SmarterU as our solution. He makes topnotch efforts to deliver high quality service to his clients.

by Neovation on 2016-06-08

We do our best to start every client relationship on the right foot - and then carry that consultative, responsive, helpful attitude through every aspect of our work with our clients, delivered by every person on our team. Thanks for your compliments - you've made Josh blush!

Giles S.
Training Department Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-02

"Great Product - A Clear Leader in the LMS Marketplace!"

Comments: Great product. The team at SmarterU really helped us get our learning out to our global audience. They encourage input from their subscriber community, building our needs and ideas into a well planned roadmap of developments that delivers a continually evolving (and improving) end-user experience. The accessibility and responsiveness of the senior management, along with the effective and human approach the in-life support team gives us, makes SmarterU a clear leader in the LMS marketplace.

by Neovation on 2016-06-08

Thank you Giles - we really appreciate the thorough and thoughtful review. You've touched on so many things we strive to achieve - great that your experience reflects our desire to be the best we can be - and to continually improve as we go forward.

John F.
VP, Franchise & Corporate Communications
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-29

"Fantastic platform and support - strongly recommended!"

Comments: The SmarterU team are a pleasure to work with. They provided us with an amazing tool to automate our training processes. They have taken the time to understand our business needs, provided guidance on the process of implementing online learning and have kept us on track when we get distracted with the shiny objects of what we "could" do. They don't just listen to feature requests, but actually deliver them. Fantastic platform and support - strongly recommended!

by Neovation on 2014-07-29

Thanks John - happy that our LMS solution has been so helpful to you. And the keep those feature requests coming - our best ideas come from our clients telling us what they need and we do our best to make that happen.

Kristin F.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-01

"Limited product, great customer service"

Comments: I was really excited when I first started using SmarterU, it seemed so easy. Once I dove in, I realized that you have to do workarounds for everything. Their customer service is fantastic, though, especially considering they hear from us all the time. They always get back to us. One thing that they refuse to change, that drives me crazy, is how limited Admin rights are. I can't enroll a learner in a class if the class isn't the same as their "home group", as an admin I should be able to override these restrictions. I can essentially only enroll learners in the same things they can enroll themselves in, unless I temporarily change all of the settings for the course.

by Neovation on 2017-07-21

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry that we have disappointed you! Our team is actively working on improving your experience. As you mentioned, our Client Care team has been collaborating with your Admin team to update your account structure to minimize work-arounds for permissions, etc. We want to find the best set-up/account structure to meet your specific needs and make it right.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-01
Laurie B.
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-29

"A Very Positive Experience"

Comments: I started working with the SmarterU team about two years ago while transitioning a client's e-learning platform to the SmarterU LMS. I was immediately impressed with their knowledge, their ability to understand my client's unique challenges and provide solutions. Working with SmarterU has been a very positive experience, so much so that, when I offer e-learning as an option to my clients, I know exactly where I'm going.

by Neovation on 2014-07-29

Thanks, Laurie - our goal is to exceed your expectations and ensure your needs are met - no matter how unique your client's needs may be! We're there for you - our team is your team!

Denis H.
MB Chapter President
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-28

"innovative solutions for online training"

Comments: I've known the SmarterU for team over 7 years. During that time, I've seen firsthand how they can develop and deliver innovative solutions for online training. I was so impressed that I referred SmarterU to BNI Canada and they are blown away. Got training pain? SmarterU can help!

by Neovation on 2014-07-28

Thank you, Denis - as part of BNI, you understand so many different business sectors and the importance of training to each of them. We appreciate the referral to BNI Canada!

Jen K.
Training Specialist

"Fabulous Customer Service"

Comments: Heather and Chris on SmarterU's Client Success Team are FABULOUS at customer service, getting back to clients quickly and efficiently, and helping out whenever needed.

by Neovation on 2016-06-08

Thanks Jen, for the shout-out to our Client Care team - we really try to deliver on our promise of "We Love You More" - and thanks for recognizing their care and passion for our clients' success.

Stephen S.
President and Chief Executive Officer

"We Love SmarterU"

Comments: Solid platform, good customer service, strong relationship and constant improvement philosophy. We love SmarterU, and we are now also BinaryCanary clients as well.

by Neovation on 2016-06-08

Thanks Stephen - our whole team had a big smile due to your review. Much appreciated!

Heather A.
Vice President of Systems Administration
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-08

"Super Happy With the Course Templates"

Comments: We absolutely love the course templates! Our team were super happy to see their colors and brand implemented throughout. Thank you to SmarterU's design team for the effort!

Domenic P.
  • Reviewed on 2015-01-18

"Awesome LMS"

Comments: After looking for a LMS system for 18 months we chose SmarterU. We have had an excellent experience from the start.
Josh and his team have been very quick to respond to any need we have had in rolling out our online Food Safety course.
The frequent updates and program enhancements have all been excellent.
With a full list of great features and their commitment to excellence in everything they do SmarterU is a SMART choice.

by Neovation on 2015-01-21

Thank you , Domenic - your comments mean a lot to our entire team. Our goal is for you to have the best LMS experience possible, and we will keep "doing what we do" to keep making that experience happen!

• Reviewed on 2015-01-18
Lauri C.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-09

"Very Responsive to Customer Needs"

Comments: I cannot tell you how pleased we are with the SmarterU system for our internal use. The learning plans are fantastic, and for the first time in a very long time we have a handle on our internal training and records! The automation of it all was more than I dreamed of. Additionally, the support team is great and, as a business, SmarterU is very responsive to customer's needs.

by Neovation on 2017-03-02

Thanks, Lauri - we really strive to be "best in class" when assisting our clients and meeting their needs. So glad that our Learning Plans module is working so well for you!

Vanessa V.
Training and Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-08

"I Can Always Count On SmarterU"

Comments: I've worked with other systems before and I've never come across a system that is so focused on their customer and upon continual enhancements and development. Their graphic design team is great. Their support team is great. I can always count on SmarterU for a quick response and additional help when I need it. I highly recommend them!

Melissa H.
Chief Cleaning Officer

"Diligent, Thorough, Timely"

Comments: SmarterU's hard work really shows... they have been diligent, kind, timely, and thorough with every support ticket we've thrown their way, and it has not gone unnoticed! I'm a very happy customer.

Lacey G.
Ground Training Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-20

"Very happy with this LMS!"

Comments: We have been able to reduce manual data entry of training dates by using the reporting features. We have also been able to group employees by location, job title, specialty, etc.

Pros: Speed, automation, reporting, Support desk

Cons: Big learning curve. The account permissions, group permissions, course permissions, take a lot of getting used to.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-20
Johnathan S.
Aviation Safety Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-28

"Our Official Records for Safety Training"

Comments: SmarterU proved to be a very helpful tool during our recent regulatory audit. It's become our official records for our safety training. The Learner Report really helped us to demonstrate our training records to the inspectors. We have all six of our Safety courses all on SmarterU now, even classroom courses. It has made our training, record keeping and now our recent audit a lot more simple and organized for everyone involved.

by Neovation on 2014-07-28

Thank you, Johnathan. Our ability to track certification training and help automate that process helps our clients keep track of their training much more easily and comprehensively - especially in regulated industries like yours. No need to fear the audit - the records are all in one place.

Tami L.
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-18

"Has potential, but will wait and see."

Pros: We haven't fully implemented, but it has features such as Libraries (knowledge base) and the ability to pull together Learning plans with both online, in-person and articles.

Cons: I have not been extremely impressed with the support provided by the Implementation Manager. We have not yet implemented, but I wish there was a little more recommendations on setup and structure.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-18
Don M.
Founding National Director
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-09

"Professional and Helpful Team, Happy With The Product"

Comments: The SmarterU team have been very professional and helpful. I can easily and happily verify their understanding of eLearning technology, pedagogical concepts, and overall team personality. I am pleased with the product they produced for us. I endorse the SmarterU team!

Mikael D.
Learning & Development Specialist

"Very Responsive!"

Comments: Your team is taking great care of us. Very responsive and they rarely say no to anything! I went to a networking breakfast last week and was talking up SmarterU!

by Neovation on 2014-07-29

Thank you Mikael, we appreciate you sharing your SmarterU experience!

Martin T.
Founder and Director

"Class-Act Software Company"

Comments: Every time there is a SmarterU release, it feels like Christmas. They're a class act software company.

by Neovation on 2016-06-08

Happy to help you "feel like Christmas" 6 to 8 times a year - thanks for the great comment!

Sarah D.
National EHS Coordinator
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-07

"SmarterU Review"

Comments: Great!

Pros: Easy to use and navigate. Able to get any report you need. Tech support is very helpful

Cons: removing a course from someone's profile can be a little difficult

• Reviewed on 2019-06-07