15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Stripe

Stripe’s Payments platform helps you accept credit cards, debit cards, and popular payment methods around the world.

Learn more about Stripe

Pros:

Cons:

They can ruin your buiness and refund customers for no reason at all check comments all of the web Im not the only business they did this to.

Stripe ratings

4.5
4.3
4.5
4.4

8.6/10

Stripe has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 3,045 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Stripe before?

Filter reviews (3,045)

Nayeli
Nayeli
Designer Developer Educator in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Daily business necessity that makes my business run smoother

Comments: Not only is their system intuitive, but the customer service agents ACTUALLY like to help you! No fake smiles over the phone or loud exhaling and strained voices. You know which ones I mean ---- the kind you get from employees that don't like their job and it feels like it is a burden to help you. Yeah ---- NEVER have I experienced this with Stripe. They have a beautiful online system, they have happy employees ---- that can only mean Stripe really knows how to stay in business. And THAT is very important for my business because I use them on a daily basis. I love the way I can integrate Stripe onto many online applications for my business --- and continue to have 1 account to manage it all. I love that I can be added as a contributor to other Stripe accounts and access them via 1 single dashboard without needing to login again. Not only does this help me run my business but I am also able to offer custom coding services to others who have Stripe accounts that are trying to implement custom payments on their Wix sites via coding. I love the product and subscriptions payments --- I am able to easily integrate with programs that use my custom Stripe product page for payments so my branding stays consistent. I love that I can have instant pay out or 1 day pay out. I just love Stripe all around and I recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

I love how easy the onboarding process was. The dashboard is so intuitive, modern and sleek. When you forget to do something, the notifications remind you of any missing steps you need to complete. I have been using Stripe for over 5 years and when I needed to update my legal documents due to a marriage, the customer service agents were amazing to work with. It went a lot faster than working with the bank! It was very convenient to receive document upload links via text and email. I was blown away that the customer service agent that I was speaking to over the phone was instantly seeing all the documentation I was uploading ---- so he was able to expedite the auditing & approval right away!

Cons:

It would be amazing if they would update their mobile app so I can do more on the go. Now with longer wait times at doctors offices --- or traffic jams or on the road ---- it would be great if I could do more from my phone instead of having to log into a laptop. I want to be able to create a client via the Stripe mobile app. I would like to check on my Capital loan. I would like to cancel an invoice via the app or basically manage the basics from my cell phone. Currently the main purpose of the phone is to view transactions, and that's it.

Alternatives Considered: Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: Because Wells Fargo had high fee rates and they did not integrate easily with other online apps. Not to mention, their customer support is horrendous.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: I didn't like the Square dashboard. I don't have physical products so I had not use for their POS system. They do not integrate easily with other online applications. They don't have an easy API to integrate. It does not integrate with Wix for subscription products. And their customer service was less than helpful when trying to engage with them before onboarding.

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

I really like Stripe

Comments: Stripe has been very useful in my business to receive payment from customers all over the world. I also like that they have implemented faster payouts

Pros:

I like that you can use Stripe to take debit and credit card payments and the charges are not as high as some other payment platforms. It is also easy to set up.

Cons:

Some of the functionality seems clunky, especially for recurring payments. You have to manually set the end date.

Nevan
Manager in Australia
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

DO NOT USE STRIPE - its a CON!

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The site is clunky and not intuitive to use.
I wish I had read the very small fine print about them keeping their fees.
It seems that dishonesty is part of the DNA of all large corporations these days.

Pros:

Easy to integrate and the security system seems pretty good, but you dont really know until its too late.

Cons:

I had a customer pay their AUD$7000 invoice twice. I refunded the second payment but Stripe kept the entire AUD$393 of fees !! For doing NOTHING!!! But it gets better. Stripe took 5.7% in fees when my international fees are only 3.5%. They claimed that it just covers their costs. Ironic how Paypal and the banks only charge a couple dollars for the same thing. They are fraudulent and dishonest.

Brianna
Founder in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Trusted Provider, Can Be Expensive in Fees and Time

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, and quick to set up. The only downside is watching your overall transaction fee costs and planning your cashflow schedule to when payments will actually be paid out.

Pros:

We wanted to go with a trusted digital payments provider--and have never had a client or customer mention they couldn't use Stripe. Secure, reliable for both parties in the transaction, and easy to both set up and use as a consumer.

Cons:

The payout fees on transactions can really eat into the cost of goods and services; further, it's important to note that payouts to the supplier/provider can take at least several days.

Alternatives Considered: PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: Ease of use, expected credit/debit card processing. Good for Enterprise transactions.

Marcelo
IT Executive in UK
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Work well as online payment processor

Pros:

Stripe worked very well as our online payment processor platform and rarely has issues in processing client and customer payment.

Cons:

Setup and configuration process is quite tricky. The platform hold many features and tools, but most of them are difficult for me to handle.

Alternatives Considered: PayPal and Payeer Merchant

Milat Sayra
Milat Sayra
Digital Innovation Director in United Arab Emirates
Retail, 201–500 Employees

Stripe Support Nightmare

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is literally the worst experience that I have ever encountered how can a company of this size can get away with no technical or general support is beyond me. My suggestion to anyone, avoid this entity with a passion but if you are ok with no tangible support then by all means utilize their services.

Pros:

We were sold on the seamless aspect of the connect capability which is working well until you a get bug then you start facing unbelievable problems.

Cons:

Technical or general support is non existant, for the entire country of UAE, you are lucky if you can get an account manager, whatever support you can find is online and god forbid if your company documents are questioned. It is 3 monts and counting and still trying to be onboarded as well as solve our technical issues.

Chima
Founder in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Industry standard for payment process8

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Stripe does what it was setup to do. Help you receive money securely. I've never had problems getting paid or withdrawing from the platform.

Cons:

The only issue I have with them is that they threaten to shutdown our nonprofit account at least once a year, the last one which was only just resolved this week.

Nikoletta
CEO in Spain
Hospitality, Self Employed

Great program

Comments: Great product, its a must have for my company but i am happy to use Stripe

Pros:

Very user friendly, everything is straightforward

Cons:

I don't have anything bad to mention honestly

Dana
Manager in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Strip payment processing with Lodgify

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent except for the transaction fees on payments that had to be refunded due yo cancellation with no penalty.

Pros:

Very easy set up Seamless for the user Easy to find/view transactions and see the status of outgoing payments. Very timely payments to me.

Cons:

The transaction fees when someone cancels - even if it is within an hour of booking. It would be nice to have the payment processed after 48 hours because this is the window most booking channels (AIRBNB, VRBO, Booking.com) allow guest to cancel with no cancelation fee.

Jakub Aleksander
Director in UK
Real Estate, Self Employed

Great and reliable software

Pros:

Reliability is key in business and this software never fails.

Cons:

The transaction fees add up at the end of the month but they are providing a good service at the end of the day.

Shane
Founder & Owner in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Payment processing to suit your needs

Comments: Originally, we were looking to implement metered subscriptions for our SaaS offering, and we needed something that would integrate with a solution for WordPress. Stripe had exactly what we needed, and has continued to be our preferred payments solution for any new services we offer.

Pros:

The flexibility of Stripe is enormous. Every little detail can be customized (or not), as your business needs dictate. The documentation and testing environments are extremely developer-friendly, the docs even include real examples from your activity in the testing environment. With all that, it's not difficult to get up and going with all the various implementations available. For the simplest use, signup, grab your keys, and plugin them into your e-commerce software.

Cons:

This was so much easier than working with PayPal, I really can't think of anything negative. But perhaps something I like "least"? That would probably be the settings section for tweaking things like payment receipts, logos, colors, etc. Seems I have to go hunting a bit to find just what I'm looking for, though it doesn't take long, and once you have it setup, it's not like you'll have to change the settings often.

Ryan
Vice President in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Hands down the most flexible and easy to use website payment system

Comments: Internet payments used to be a HUGE headache, constantly worrying about setup, security, security and more security, but Stripe has really changed the game. It's made it possible for us to provide online payments for customers who would never have been able to afford the programming to do such a thing, or be able to afford the security measures necessary to properly take payments on their own. This is especially true because apart from the fees taken from each transaction, there is no recurring fee, which is a real asset to smaller businesses who don't do as much volume. On top of all that, the fact that the system is nearly seamless -- and MORE secure -- for the end user inputting their credit card information, is a huge win.

Pros:

By far the best thing about Stripe is the way that it so easily integrates with nearly any shopping cart system or website payment plugin/application we've ever come across. Any need we've had to take web payments Stripe has been able to seamlessly connect to our system, including setting up some custom systems that in the past would have been way too complicated for us to do on our own.

Cons:

The biggest complaint we have -- and since we use it a lot for customers, the biggest gripe they have as well, is the way deposits are done. Instead of depositing the whole amount of the transaction, then debiting the fees, Stripe takes the fees out before the deposit -- so on a $10 transaction, you only see $9.50 (or whatever the amount comes out to be) deposited in your bank account and have to manually do the accounting to match that payment and the fees, etc. Admittedly, it's a small complaint, but I think it's the only thing that keeps us from using this 100% of the time.

Alternatives Considered: PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: We tried a few other options, but nothing really ever came close to giving us the kind of integration or ease of use that we get from a Stripe setup.

Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

A no-nonsense payment gateway for businesses of all sizes

Pros:

The prime aspect that I love the most about stripe is its very easy deployment with its direct API integrations. As a start-up that processes information through different channels, having stripe has made it hassle-free and seamless to analyse, manage, & track all our inbound payments using just our smartphones. We have and are continuing to save unnecessary banking costs with stripe. The no-code payment feature is a seller to companies like us who are looking to get one-time instant payments.

Cons:

As the crypto market is gaining traction, especially with these alternative currencies going mainstream, it'd be great to have stripe regulate crypto in-bound payments as well. This is very critical for companies like us who consider crypto to be balance sheet assets.

Alternatives Considered: Klarna

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: PayPal was not user-friendly nor was it pocket-friendly as well. When compared to stripe, the security features are a bit lagging.

Scott
Administrative Assistant in US
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

Simply seamless

Comments: Stripe is a vital tool for our Donor Department, as more and more of our donors choose to give with a credit card or debit card vs. gifts via check. The interface is easy to use, and I love the "Reports Overview " on the home page. I wish our donor CRM tool offered such convenient "at a glance" reports!

Pros:

I love the functionality. When our CRM software lets u know that a credit card gift was unable to process, I can go into Stripe and see how many times the system has retried the gift, as well as the decline code the donor's bank provided. Then when I call the donor I have a lot of info at my disposal. As far as the gifts that WERE processed correctly, it's very easy to export them into a simple spreadsheet, which I then submit to our Executive Director.

Cons:

My regret is that I haven't looked more into the functionality of the software. There are likely things that Stripe offers that we are not utilizing. A suggestion for the developers at Stripe may be to send their users helpful "Are you aware of this feature?" type emails / letters

Steve
Steve
Owner in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Stripe Payments is my Go-To payment processor for my online business.

Comments: My love for Stripe has grown over the years. I probably had a Stripe account for 6 to 10 months before I even used it. I looked at it and not having a degree from MIT I was pretty lost and didn't bother trying to figure it out. I had a payment process already and it was working. After I began reading more and more bad news about this other payment processor I was using, I decided it was time to carve out some time and figure out how to use Stripe.
It did not take as long as I originally thought it would but I eventually began using Stripe alongside the other payment processor.
I figured out how to set up subscriptions and invoices with Stripe and over time, became more and more comfortable using Stripe. I can now go into the dashboard and put together an invoice within a minute or two or connect Stripe to a new site I built. More importantly, I think Stripe support has gotten better over the years which makes everything else with Stripe just that much easier.

Pros:

It is easy to integrate with my website's payment tools. Branding my invoices with my website logo is also super easy. I have used the word 'easy' a couple of times already and that is the main thing I like about Stripe - the Stripe features I use are easy. While trying to figure out some of the features I now use on a regular basis, I had to use the Stripe Support staff quite a bit and in doing so, I quickly realized that they are a top benefit of using Stripe.

Cons:

In the Pro category, I said that my main Pro feature was that Stripe is easy but only with the features I use. I might use more of the many features Stripe offers if they were easy to use or at least figure out without the back & forth with Stripe Support. Stripe does have a YouTube channel but the one that is most helpful is StripeDevelopers - NOT just Stripe.

Alternatives Considered: authorize.net and Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: Being available in more countries and the cost of using Stripe is why I chose Stripe over the others.

Trevor
Owner in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Stripe is the 'go-to' payment processor, and you need not look elsewhere.

Comments: If you have an online storefront, you'll need to take payments somehow. For us, it was as simple as filling out a quick form, providing some business information, copy and pasting a few numbers from Stripe to our WP storefront, and then we were off to the races. Years later, here we are still using Stripe's great service. Also, Stripe enables you to accept Google Pay and Apple Pay!

Pros:

Stripe is safe, secure, fast, and affordable. Stripe integrates with...well...everything! I can't imagine using another payment processor at this point in time.

Cons:

I don't have any specific cons besides the fact that I would like to see Stripe facilitate crypto payments in the future.

Alternatives Considered: PayPal

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: We still use PayPal as an alternate payment method for customers, but Stripe became our primary because PayPal is expensive and a bit problematic in terms of fraudulent charges.

Switched From: PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: There were many factors, but cost, Apple Pay support, and ease of integration were the top factors.

Jeffson
Manager in Nigeria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Stripe is very dicey just be careful when using them

Comments: Honestly it might sound bad but the experience is okay until someone reports an unauthorized transaction on your card, blame isn’t taken to the card user but to your entire company for charging which doesn’t make any sense to me

Pros:

The have tons of processing methods that can be used and later activated depending on your continuous usage of the platform, they take a long time when processing your funds to your account but over a period of time you can process way more funds but with lesser time. They offer different means of contacting support including live chat. The interface is quite easy to use although there are a lot of functions that could also overwhelm a user. They allow for you to charge in different currency but a flat rate is attached to each currency. Their api can basically integrate with any platform in need of a payment gateway

Cons:

They take time to process payments when you first start using them. You can process as much as $10000 and if the fraud detection system picks up a transaction of a $100 your whole account goes down just because of that single transaction and if you had an existing balance before that they’ll refuse to pay out your money

Alternatives Considered: authorize.net, PayPal, Square Point of Sale and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: They have a slow payment processing time

Switched From: Square Point of Sale and Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: At the time stripe seemed like my best bet and it was until I encountered issues which couldn’t be solved amicably

Kamila
Kamila
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

It's what I use to process payments!

Comments: I am pleased with them so far, I have heard from colleagues saying they can easily process millions per year in Stripe and without issues so I am looking forward to continuing to grow with this payment processor by my side.

Pros:

I used to use my bank's merchant for 3-4 years, thinking they were giving me a better rate. long story short, they weren't AND they were confusing to use. So I switched to Stripe, which is frequently used in my field of coaching and digital products. I have been very happy so far. - I am able to process payments myself, it integrate with 3rd party shopping carts with ease (I use ThriveCart), it allows to create trials, subscriptions, all the things I wanted. PLUS I get to charge and bill clients on my own too with their cards on file which sometimes we have to do when the clients tell us to do so, instead of having to send constant shopping cart links. I was doing that before with Infusionsoft and my merchant, but now I can do it all within Stripe and it's easy. - I have not had any issues with Stripe holding my funds or anything. Pleased. - I like their simple reporting as well, how much money you've made each day, etc. It's nice to see the comparisons on the monthly basis as well.

Cons:

- It's a bit complicated to use for someone who might not be techy. I am pretty techy and I think I've got a handle on it, especially since I mainly use it as the processor with my shopping cart, but if I had to use Stripe on its own, it probably would get complicated. - Sometimes I find it hard to find what I need to in Stripe. Like, a payment would get declined and I'd want to rebill or attempt the rebill - sometimes it's hard to find the option to do that on the declined payment. I always do eventually find it, but I never know EXACTLY how to do it. - I wish the payments landed in my bank sooner but I just switched it so it lands in my bank like a day or so after being collected which is better. My own merchant would be next day so this is now closer. - Obviously always would be nicer if the fees were lower but it is on par with every other option out there so this can't really be a con since it's not HIGHER.

Sarah
Content and Social Media Specialist in US
Design, 51–200 Employees

Easy Integration for a Variety of Content Management Systems

Comments: Customer service is excellent, the product itself is excellent, and it fulfills all of our needs and the needs of our clients.

Pros:

Stripe is by far the most secure, easy to use, and easily integrated service of its type. We work with organizations both large and small, and whether a client has team members who are going to be working in their CMS after their website is designed or not, Stripe is the best option. It is easy to use, even for beginners and even those who are not designers and developers, and the fact that it doesn't allow hackers to add code to the checkout page protects our clients better than any other system we've seen. We recommend a Stripe integration for every single client who has an online store or sells any number of products online.

Cons:

It does require some knowledge of front end development to integrate with many CMS platforms, even Wordpress. It's not necessarily the easiest to setup, even if you know your way around Wordpress or drag and drop design platforms. The only other downside is that checkout forms are not customizable. This is actually not a bad downside for us because the reason they are not so is due to the inability to add custom code to the checkout form, making it more secure. Trading customization for security is a no brainer on our end, but if you are an agency with a picky client, or if you just really want a custom checkout form, Stripe won't work for you. Then again, if you're willing to have your customer's credit card information stolen just because you refuse to use a templated checkout form that looks modern and is efficient and easy to use, your opinion sucks anyway.

ROBERT
Director in Australia
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Stripe's dispute resolution policies are never in favour of the seller

Comments: I am in the process of terminating my account with Stripe. It's a joke. The amount of headache and lost business they caused is not worth it. It is easy to set up but after that nothing is easy with Stripe.

Pros:

Easy to deploy and has various integrations available

Cons:

Allocations are a nightmare. Stripe is taking out their commission and the remaining amount is paid into your account, several client transactions in one payment - reconciliations are extremely difficult and I've never received one invoice from Stripe for their commission. They simply deduct their share and transfer the rest to you without any paper trail. In addition, every time there is a dispute, it is never settled in the seller's favour even when the supporting evidence and paperwork supplied to Stripe clearly shows that the purchase was valid, agreed and approved by the buyer, signed-off by them and the service used by them. The response from Stripe is never in the seller's favour. Finally - it happens at least a few times a month that Stripe rejects the transaction as suspicious and prevents prospects from buying our products. It often happens that clients contact us outside of the Stripe's workflow and finalise payment manually because Stripe is rejecting their cards and by extension is not allowing us to close the sale.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: Better integrations

Zeeshan
Manager Fraud and Billing in Pakistan
Computer & Network Security, 501–1,000 Employees

Credit Card on-Site

Comments: We integrated Stripe on-site which provided us full access to modify recurring. We can apply discount on recurring runtime on the basis of requirements. Also Stripe increased our conversion rate.

Pros:

If you are looking for good conversion rate on Credit Card transactions then Stipe is a good choice. After integrating Stripe our conversion rate increased. Stripe is offering built in fraud monitoring tool RADAR which is outstanding and help us fight fraud.

Cons:

Stripe should consider Risk insights Dashboard to analyze fraud instead of looking into each payment a dashboard will give better overall view of the payments.

Alternatives Considered: authorize.net, Checkout.com and Worldpay POS

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: Stripe on-site integration

Switched From: BlueSnap

Diego Luis
Owner in Argentina
E-Learning, Self Employed

Take payments and security to another level

Comments: Since I have been using stripe, my company has projected an image of more prestige, security and professionalism. I love the comprehensive metrics and projections features it has. Transaction data is clearly presented at all times, which is a peace of mind for the client as well as for me as the owner of the company. Now I spend less time understanding a payment process in case the customer has a claim. Above all, the best thing is the robust security. Since I integrated stripe to all my e-learning projects and platforms, my business has increased conversion. And as a bonus to all this, in order to implement stripe in some projects, I had to improve the structure of some of my sites so that they work better for the client and the information is clear. They helped me in this process through the customer support service, and with this my platforms now comply with all the legal requirements to be able to sell at a more professional level.

Pros:

security is extraordinary lots of useful information in case of payment disputes shelf life projections by customers, that's great options like radar are the best professional image for my company excellent integrations, another strong point of stripe top notch customer service and support integrating stripe the customer never leaves our platform or application to make the payment, so it is perceived as something more secure, it is not confusing for the customer, and this increases the conversion rate.

Cons:

it can take a while to get used to so much data they are a bit demanding when it comes to allowing integration to a site, which can be a bit annoying at first, but this is not really a con, rather it sets a standard of quality and professionalism, making one like business owner also becomes professional. Some fees can be a bit high compared to other platforms, but weighing the fact of stripe's impressive security, integration, data that's pure gold, it's immediately clear that it's worth integrating stripe into all of our Projects. It does not allow you to open accounts from some countries, although you can pay from any country as a customer.

Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in India
Animation, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for small businesses like us!

Comments: Saves our small business by being the best payment processing service that doesn't have any monthly charges and the least fees. A perfect alternative for PayPal.

Pros:

Most small business and newly incepted startups find it hard to find a payment processor that fits your needs. We faced the same dilemma. And Stripe comes to the rescue! Before it, we were using PayPal and when Stripe launched in India, we switched instantly. - Much less fees than the competition - Easy interface. - The most developer friendly API, I set it up myself. - Trusted service that instills confidence in the buyers. - A POS system for offline processing. - A mobile friendly app and website. - Domestic and International payments set up without any additional burden.

Cons:

Its going to be hard to list negatives, because its really the ideal payment processing service especially for countries like ours (India). - Extra fees on top of percentage based fees rack up for international payments. - The settlement cycle time is higher than what we would prefer. - RuPay cards are not accepted as of yet.

Alternatives Considered: Braintree

Reasons for Choosing Stripe: Lesser fees on Stripe.

Switched From: PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Stripe: Non availability in India.

Noureddine
Noureddine
Software Developer in Morocco
Program Development, Self Employed

Stripe Review

Comments: However, based on the feedback and reviews from many businesses and individuals who have used Stripe, it is clear that the platform has many positive attributes. Stripe is known for being a user-friendly and flexible payment processing platform that offers a range of features, such as fraud prevention, subscription billing, and support for multiple currencies. Additionally, Stripe has a strong focus on security, with robust measures in place to protect sensitive payment information.Many users have also praised Stripe's fast payment processing times and its ability to integrate with a variety of different platforms and technologies, making it a versatile and convenient option for businesses of all sizes. However, some users have reported issues with customer support and fees, as mentioned earlier.Overall, Stripe appears to be a popular choice for businesses looking for a reliable and secure payment processing platform, and its many positive attributes have earned it a strong reputation in the industry.

Pros:

Stripe is a payment processing platform that makes it easy for businesses to accept payments from customers, both online and offline. One of the things that sets Stripe apart is its user-friendly interface, which makes it simple for businesses of all sizes to integrate payment processing into their websites and apps.Stripe also offers a range of features that help businesses manage their payments, such as fraud protection, recurring billing, and the ability to accept payments in multiple currencies. It's also known for its fast payment processing times, which can help businesses get paid more quickly.

Cons:

However, I can provide some common criticisms or limitations that some users may have encountered while using Stripe. For example, Stripe charges fees for each transaction, which can add up over time and may be higher than some other payment processing platforms. Additionally, some users have reported difficulties with customer support, particularly when it comes to resolving issues with account suspensions or chargebacks.Another limitation is that Stripe may not be available in all countries, which can be a disadvantage for businesses operating in regions where Stripe is not supported. Moreover, Stripe has certain restrictions on the types of businesses and products that it supports, which can be a limitation for some users.

Richard
Richard
Chief Door Stop in US

Super easy and straight-forward to integrate and use.

Comments: Most of our business transactions are processed through Stripe and we've set Stripe up for clients who require online merchant processing. By far the easiest and most straight-forward merchant processor to setup for online processing.

Pros:

Hands down, the easiest merchant processor to integrate into Gravity Forms or WooCommerce - I have to imagine it integrates just as easy with other popular tools, but my experience is limited to Gravity Forms and WooCommerce. Within Stripe itself, navigating is intuitive and easy with very friendly report tools. Looking up transactions is easy and may be search by name, email address, transaction id, and even partial data (like billing address, product, etc). Full and partial refunds are also very easy to manage. The reporting is especially helpful as it goes back in detail for as long as you've been a customer (so, I have data going back 3 years all readily available). I also appreciate the popularity of Stripe and how common third-party integration has become - in my case into AgileCRM and Freshbooks. Lastly, they have an amazing free iPhone app. Very useful for when you're on the road and you can basically do everything from the app that you could do from their desktop dashboard.

Cons:

I have never won a dispute - no not one - and the process seems entirely automated. While I have only had four disputes in the past 12 months, all of which were admitted mistakes on the customer's part, I submitted emailed conversations with the client where they admitted error, and I still lost. Since then, I've been told it's best to get the client to contact their credit card company to rescind the dispute but it was frustrating that the process is so automated that it seems not to favor the merchant. So, with that in mind, if you ever have a dispute, work with the customer to get them to rescind it.