15 years helping Canadian businesses

TeamViewer Remote Reviews

4.6 (11,458) Write a Review!

About TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer remote support software lets you connect securely to computers, access files and applications, and collaborate.

Learn more about TeamViewer Remote

Pros:

The greatest feature is the ease of access to support customers remotely. There was prerequisites to integrate with our existing platform, it was seemless.

Cons:

It's slow and clunky, often having trouble launching. Their new Web Monitoring product which replaced Monitis is half-baked and missing features, we are unable to use it.

TeamViewer Remote ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.8/10

TeamViewer Remote has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 11,458 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TeamViewer Remote before?

Filter reviews (11,458)

Vincent
Vincent
IT Manager in Zimbabwe
Security & Investigations, 501–1,000 Employees

Remote assistance, No limits!

Comments: TeamViewer is a great choice for IT professionals, mainly in the service delivery and support fields. I do not see myself looking at other remote tools in the near future.

Pros:

I have not had any issues with installation on all the devices we set up. Easy to connect to remote machines as long as the internet is stable. You can have multiple containers for multiple branches and the file transfer is seamless.

Cons:

I do not like the fact that there are times you cannot connect to a device two versions before the control machine. Some servers with legacy software cannot be upgraded and you will have to drive into the office.

2 years ago

Hi Vincent, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you. TeamViewer is backward compatible but not upward compatible. This means that you can connect with your current version to devices that are running the same version as yours or older versions. Likewise, we would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Solve everything in easy way.

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

This system is really easy to use and i have a really friendly interface & Installation and setup also simple and quick . Anyone can easily get and work on this . Mostly I'm really impressive about the system security because it use Two-Factor Authentication and specifically with encryption. This can be Use in any platform and performance is also really good and its high speed connection. In here we can fully control the device and at same time we can transfer the files easy. This is good for both business and personal use and its free for personal use with some operating systems and also its with reliable purchase plans.

Cons:

Mostly its high cost for the business plans such as beginner business. Main issue is hackers can easily attack the user system with this . Teamviewer is really depending on the internet, some times it will be a issue with the low internet access peoples, it need higher performance and it will slowdown the low end Computers.

4 weeks ago

Hello TeamViewer user, Thank you for sharing the excellent review about TeamViewer! We are thrilled that you like the interface and installation of TeamViewer! Additionally, we would like to highlight our commitment to the security and privacy of remote connections. Please ensure that TeamViewer is on the latest version on both sides of the connection. If you would like to share more feedback about the TeamViewer interface and experience, please visit the TeamViewer Community - https://community.teamviewer.com/! Hope to see you in the Community soon! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Justin
COO in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

There are better Remote Access options Now

Comments: Overall the system is OK. setting up remote access is clunky and overly complicated. The billing system sucks and has limited adjustment ability. The support takes probably a week to get back to you and the call center is always bogged down. It is overpriced for our needs. I have tried reaching out to your support. The support has not been helpful nor interested in working to solution. Overall, the support has lagged (sometimes over a week for a response to a simple question). I have an open ticket though today was told that they don't have my payment which posted 3 weeks ago and require a bank statement to rectify. I sent screenshots of my bank statements as the PDF won't be published for 2 weeks due to the timing of the statements and the finance person said well we can't stop it from going to collections as I asked as they were not accepting the screenshots to wait for the PDF. Overall, the "rules" of teamviewer are archaic and you should just search "TeamViewer class action" if you want more information about the issues that people get with them. I am amazed that there is an expectation that a company could hamstring their customer service soo much. It really is sad that a company with a good product has to be soo bad administratively. I am really disappointed. I have been a customer for 4 years. I am "stuck" in a EULA that is not binding in our state but they are playing mean.

Pros:

App that boots at startup Solid tutorials Mac OS support

Cons:

A lot The price structure does not reflect a small business needs for periodic support Options come and go support is mediocre

6 months ago

Hi TeamViewer user, Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer. To turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/) for a discussion. We hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Orion
IT Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easily support remote computers with Teamviewer

Comments: I’ve been an IT engineer for 20 years and have used TeamViewer for multiple clients, in multiple environments. Connectivity was easy, fast, and secure. Installing the product took just a few minutes on both Windows and Mac computers. Deploying the software to clients is also easy and fairly painless.

Pros:

What I like most about TeamViewer Remote is the ease of connectivity to the target computer. Simply enter the Partner ID of the machine you need to connect to, select Remote Control, then click Connect. A prompt will appear, asking for their TeamViewer password - once that is done, you are connected and remotely controlling the computer.

Cons:

The free version of TeamViewer can disconnect at times and prompt you to purchase the product.

4 weeks ago

Hi Orion, Thank you for taking the time to write the review! We are glad that TeamViewer has become a reliable remote solution for you! TeamViewer is free for personal use, for commercial use a license is required. You can find more information on how personal and commercial use is defined here:https://www.teamviewer.com/en/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-classic/licensing/personal-use/what-is-private-use/. If you feel your use is not considered commercial, please fill out the following form - https://www.teamviewer.com/reset - our dedicated team assesses all requests individually, and in the order they are received, to determine if a reset is possible. Hope you find the information helps! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Mayra
Analyst in Colombia
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Team viewer Review

Comments: Overall, I will give a 4 out of 5 stars to TeamViewer Remote

Pros:

High quality on real-time chat, it works flawlessly every time, it works quickly and efficiently, very well organized and easy to use.

Cons:

Sometimes their customer support team is a bit slow in their response

2 months ago

Hi Mayra, We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback! It's great to know that our product's ease of use stood out for you. Your encouraging words inspire us to keep providing solutions that are intuitive and user-friendly. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Joshua
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Reliable Remote Desk Supporting tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to deploy and I have even used it on a mobile device out of its awesomeness.

Cons:

the free version times out too frequently

4 weeks ago

Hi Joshua, We appreciate your perfect rating on TeamViewer! It is important for us to know that TeamViewer is a user-friendly and mobile device flexibility remote access solution. About the time-out message, please request the reset on our homepage: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/. Hope the information is helpful! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Fernando
Fernando
Support Assistant in Spain
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Was the best, now, very expensive. Not going to buy again.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It was good, now is bad. I have constant problems trying to connect to different clients, getting a "Connection error" without any explanation. Wasn't bad a couple of years ago, in fact, it was the king of the hill.

Pros:

When I started using TeamViewer 2 (yes, that's a 2), years ago, the program was the best of the best, and they kept growing. For me, speed was the most important thing because many of my clients were using slow connections. Also, the ability to start connections with only one ID and behind firewalls was excellent. Transfer files were good too, but basic.

Cons:

I used it for personal use until TeamViewer 12 when I decided to go pro and buy 3 channels. A very expensive software, that I thought I would keep using until I died. Then I learned that Teamviewer 8 was deprecated, then TeamViewer 10, etc. And the worst part is that they're going to phase out TeamViewer 12 also. I bought a program and I'm forced to change to a subscription? Thank you, but no, thank you. I prefer other solutions. They also try to force you by not allowing cross TeamViewer 12 <---> TeamViewer 15. So, if I have a client that has TeamViewer 15, I can't give him support! Outrageous.

last week

Hello Fernando, It has been a pleasure to have you on board and share your true feedback about the TeamViewer journey! We are sorry you had an unpleasant experience with the remote connection times with TeamViewer 12. TeamViewer v12 is NOT being deprecated. As TeamViewer is not backward compatible, we would like to remind you to double-check the TeamViewer version on both sides of the remote connection. For example, if you are on TeamViewer v12, the remote side should also have TeamViewer v12 in use. You may remind the remote user to download TeamViewer v12 on the TeamViewer Down Page - https://www.teamviewer.com/en-au/download/previous-versions/previous-version-12x/. Alternatively, you may create TeamViewer QuickSupport and send the quick link to the remote side for downloading the module - https://www.teamviewer.com/en-au/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-classic/modules/quicksupp. Hope the information helps in your case! Wish you a beautiful day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Adam
Founder in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Fluid remote access solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In general, TeamViewer saves us countless hours in troubleshooting conferences. It also makes sharing files easier and more fluid with the drag-and-drop feature.
Overall it is easy both for setup and usability.

Pros:

We mainly use this software to make things easier for our clients. What I like about it is how easy it is to install and how straightforward it is to maneuver. Also instead of sending files through separate channels, you can simply access through directly on the second device that has permission. It is also available on both Windows and MacOS.

Cons:

Even though their team was very professional in solving some of our technical issues, they replied either very late or completely didn't get back on certain occasions. We had some sessions hung up despite the network being stable on both ends. But I believe these were isolated cases or glitches.

4 weeks ago

Hello Adam, Thank you for writing the true feedback about your TeamViewer experience! It is great to know that you are satisfied with the drag-and-drop of TeamViewer. At the same time, we appreciate your honest feedback and we will forward the feedback on our Support Team to the responsible team for further improvement. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Lisa
Accountant in US
Accounting Software, 201–500 Employees

Make smart decision choose team viewer remote

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's been a great experience with team viewer remote and I tell everyone try it you won't be disapointed.

Pros:

Its self explanatory provides great security and the premium is fair this software is supurb

Cons:

I don't like if you don't have premium then you get only 20 min or less of use

4 weeks ago

Hi Lisa, We appreciate your trustworthiness in choosing TeamViewer as the reliable remote access solution! If you feel your use is not considered commercial, please fill out the following form - https://www.teamviewer.com/reset - our dedicated team assesses all requests individually, and in the order they are received, to determine if a reset is possible. Hope you find the information helps! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

AKHIB
Manager in India
Animation, Self Employed

Review of Team Viewer Remote

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ever since I got started with TeamViewer Remote,I find it very simple to access and control remote devices securely, anytime.It can easily monitor and manage remote work with TeamViewer Remote.I can transfer files quickly and securely using TeamViewer Remote.

Cons:

It helps on easy to use interface with a powerful remote features. Its fast and easy to navigate through the interface with a quick support to desktop, which is amazing.

Music, 501–1,000 Employees

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

Comments: TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

Pros:

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

Cons:

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Thomas
Director in Hong Kong
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great software, easy on non-technical users

Comments: TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

Pros:

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

Cons:

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

IT Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Used daily by busy IT team

Comments: Now that a lot of our employees are stuck working from home, we can quickly support them in their PC troubleshooting needs without having to be locally present.

Pros:

We have TeamViewer integrated with Ninja RMM and is heavily used daily to support hundreds of remote users. TeamViewer is rock-solid and does the job every time.

Cons:

It would be nice to improve the client experience when requesting support from a technician. Perhaps being able to send a link via email to the user would assist the lesser technically capable users.

Matthew
Software Developer in Jamaica
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

An Excellent Tool For Providing Remote Support

Comments: Overall TeamViewer is easy to use and convenient for working remotely or keeping in touch with colleagues via online meetings. I would recommend you give it a try.

Pros:

With TeamViewer files are transferred quickly and privately. It is completely secure. Also, working remotely with TeamViewer is truly easy to do as you are provided remote access which enables you to monitor systems and networks remotely. Some devices that you can access and monitor remotely are Windows and Linux. In addition to remote access you can correspond with colleagues by having online meetings. TeamViewer also has a user friendly user interface. The easy installation and updates takes the stress out of dealing with a new software. Besides a PC , TeamViewer can be used on Android devices. This makes staying in touch on the go easier and more convenient. While other software might allow screen sharing TeamViewer allows you to not only share your screen but it also allows access to your entire PC. The drag and drop feature allows effortless file transfer from one system to another .

Cons:

There are a few issues with sharing very large files but overall TeamViewer is a good choice for small businesses.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

Comments: If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

Pros:

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

Cons:

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Nikodem
R&D Control Engineer in Poland
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

TeamViewer, my goto program for remote support

Comments: I'm using TeamViewer since many years. Usually to help family with PC problems. TeamViewer always worked without any issues and provided smooth way to work on the actual problem. I would highly recommend it for such purposes. I also like the fact that it's multiplatform, so I can use my Linux PC to connect with Windows.

Pros:

I'm using TeamViewer to help my friends and family with their PCs. One of the biggest advantages of TeamViewer are very easy installation (or you can even run it without installing) and configuration. Other softwares that I've used (Radmin, TightVNC) require port forwarding, which is usually beyond regular user technical knowledge. TeamViewer works without this extra hassle. Additionaly there is bunch of extra features like built-in chat for communicating with other person or drag-drop capability for file exchange. Clipboard is also shared by default, so working with this remote desktop software is delightful and allows to focus on actual problem. Another interesting feature is possibility to create an account and adding all PCs that we want to manage into the account. After that we can control any PC at any time. Very convenient if we for example have powerful PC doing some work and would like to supervise this process, while being away.

Cons:

I cannot think of any real downside of the TeamViewer other than its pricing for commercial use. I was planning to use it for remote control of the PCs in the small company (family business, 4 PCs to control), but I really cannot justify paying so much for this. Therefore I am using other software with less functionality, but much cheaper.

Mustafa
Group Finance Director in Türkiye
Textiles, 10,000+ Employees

Must have app for my job!

Comments: It is a secure, easy-to-use platform and allows me to collaborate and access remote documents quickly and efficiently, making it easier for us to make decisions with one another. The recent updates to the software have made it even better, and I would highly recommend it.Review about Superior Aspects: TeamViewer has some unique features that other remote access software options lack. TeamViewer for instance allows for audio and video communication to allow for easier collaboration with colleagues. The software also enables data encryption to ensure secure and safe transfer of documents, and also allows for easy file transfer. Overall, TeamViewer provides a more comprehensive solution than its alternatives.

Pros:

The software is very user friendly, and enables me to access different documents quickly and efficiently. As a large organization, we rely heavily on the ability to collaborate remotely, and TeamViewer provides us with a safe, secure and reliable platform for us to do so. The recent updates to the software have made it even easier and faster for us, and I would highly recommend it.

Cons:

The only negative side I can see to using TeamViewer is that it can be a bit slow at times. We have recently experienced some slowdown in the software which has been somewhat frustrating, although overall it has performed well.

2 years ago

Hello Mustafa, Thank you for contributing valuable time to sharing your unique experience with TeamViewer and we appreciate your recommendation on TeamViewer. We are glad that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, reliability and user-friendly functionality. Did you know that we welcome all TeamViewer users and fans to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) for knowledge sharing and technical discussion. There are more powerful features to discover about TeamViewer and we would love to see you there! Have a wonderful day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Vernessa
Vernessa
Freelance Writer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

TeamViewer Makes Remote Support Easier On ALL Platforms, Has a Simple Interface, and is Portable, Too

Comments: TeamViewer is operating system agnostic. I'm grateful it is NOT just for Windows. As a Linux user (as well as a Windows user) one huge benefit for me is that TeamViewer has a native Linux implementation. And they have iOS and Android apps. This means I can provide support remotely from any of my computers and even my phone or tablet. (But I'm not a big fan of doing sensitive work from a phone!) Another benefit is the interface: it is so simple that asking the person who is receiving remote support to do anything in it doesn't freak them out. (A calm end-user makes helping them out a much easier undertaking!) TeamViewer offers "contact management" but it is not a contact manager in the way we usually think of contact management. When it's time to offer support to long-standing clients (or friends or family) it's nice to have their contact details -- as they relate to accessing their computer -- only a few clicks away. I haven't ever had a need to use the collaboration features for groups -- no group meetings or group chats -- so can't speak to how well those are implemented or whether Teamviewer does a better job than other apps designed for those purposes. Overall, TeamViewer is my go-to solution for remote desktop control.

Pros:

At one time, providing computer technical support for business clients, friends and family was the major part of my work life. Over the years I tried numerous so-called "remote control" softwares. Hit or miss, they mostly missed the mark and made working remotely more painful than enjoyable. I wasn't truly satisfied until I encountered TeamViewer. They somehow got it right. These days I spend less time doing remote support for business and more for friends and family. For non-commercial use, TeamViewer is totally free so I use it to help them out when needed. Some features I really like: TeamViewer doesn't get hung when opening larger applications. For example, I've opened Microsoft Word and LibreOffice, both of which are resource-heavy applications, edited documents and spreadsheets, then saved them without any issues. The file manager is not too shabby. I've moved thousands of files from one location to another on the remote computer without hiccups. Regular screen-draws on the other end appear the way they should with decent clarity and in focus. Fonts are very readable (and looking pretty close to what was intended). For purposes of documentation, there are three features I've relied on at different times: the chat messaging function, the ability to record a session especially when trying to figure out what went wrong during a particular process, and viewable log files.

Cons:

In my opinion, the "cons" aren't many and the "pros" far outweigh them. Admittedly, TeamViewer is a little slow when doing anything movement intensive. Screen-sharing could use some improvement. And the file manager isn't the prettiest (could definitely use a design overhaul). The biggest complaint I've had about TeamViewer has always been that it is too expensive for a very small business (think microbusiness or solopreneur). At the time I really had a need for it in my one-person firm, I would have gladly paid a monthly fee for access (those lesser softwares offered monthly plans!). So I resorted to using the weaker remote support softwares for commercial endeavors and used TeamViewer for personal friends and family. Shame.

Information Services, 2–10 Employees

An extremely useful program that is simple to install and use

Comments: By and large TeamViewer has been an extremely useful program for me, drastically reducing the troubleshooting time frame for a huge number of tickets, and I fully intend to continue to use it into the foreseeable future.

Pros:

As an IT worker one of TeamViewers greatest features is the "quick support". This allows the user to rapidly download and use a single session installation of TeamViewer. In many cases users are not especially skilled with computers and the ease of this installation greatly helps getting access to their machine to troubleshoot. Even with poor internet signal TeamViewer is able to connect with relative stability which is extremely helpful for when connected to a computer across the world with dial up internet. That TeamViewer also automatically attempts to reconnect a good number of times (I think 30? To be honest I have not had to reconnect in such a long time I cannot remember!) is also very helpful as it prevents having to continually log on again. The option to restart the client PC and then automatically reconnect when it has finished booting is extremely useful as well. From a personal perspective I have set a password to allow me to access my computer remotely via TeamViewer - I send a wake from LAN request to it, then use my username/password to remotely access my desktop from my tablet allowing me to perform tasks on my computer from anywhere in the world.

Cons:

From a business perspective where a licence has been brought the only thing I could think about improving would be the allocation of said licence. When logged in a licence is not applied to the computer, instead this has to be done through the management console. Further re-allocating a licence (e.g. a computer is decommissioned and the licence needs to move to the new computer) is also needlessly complex - when I last did this it involved revoking the licence to all computers then re-adding them which seems unnecessary. Also whilst not TeamViewers fault TalkTalk seems to flag it up as dangerous requiring it to be added to the Safe list of the parental controls - unsure if TeamViewer would be able to convince TalkTalk to remove it from this dangerous listing.

mustafa
mustafa
Freelancer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Best Remote Desktop Control Software(TeamViewer)

Comments: Back then, TeamViewer gave me a great deal of convenience in my everyday work. It has a lot of cool features, and I really like it. I've only identified a few disadvantages, but they're minimal in comparison to the positives. Also, the fact that almost everyone in my immediate vicinity is familiar with TeamViewer and the concept made things a lot easier for me. As a freelancer, TeamViewer allows me to earn money without having to travel. We can swiftly support them in their PC problems issues without needing to be physically present now that many of our staff are trapped working from home.

Pros:

TeamViewer includes a lot of screen-sharing features. You can also share files and use the remote control, which is fantastic. The ease with which I can connect from one device to another -remote desktop- is what I enjoy best about TeamViewer. Aside from that, this software supports a wide range of devices, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Linux. I tested TeamViewer on all of these devices and found it to be equally versatile. It's simple to use. Anyone with basic computer abilities may install the client and send you the data you need for remote support in a matter of minutes. Even with a slow internet connection, it functions perfectly. For personal Teamviewer is my first choice.

Cons:

To be honest, I'm not sure I can think of many disadvantages to this product. It has always had a strong following for as long as I can recall. The only criticism I have is that I occasionally have trouble keeping all of my connections in my personal account up to date with the latest version of the software. The remote update tool and alarm notifications are excellent, however, they only notify me when I connect to that particular connection. There is no single area, where I can manage and check that all of my connections are running the same version. Again, not a major issue, just a minor annoyance. The most irritating aspect of the software is the frequent advertisements/pop-ups urging you to update to a newer version. After using TeamViewer, the device screen went black and did not revert to its original wallpaper in some rare situations. Users of the free version are restricted in their use and are unable to try out all of TeamViewer's capabilities. This can be a hindrance to actually purchasing the entire package, given the necessity to try out all of the features before investing. Apart from that, there are no drawbacks to using this software, and I am extremely pleased with it.

Vashishrao
Vashishrao
Student in Mauritius
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

TeamViewer - A Fast and Safe software for Remote Control

Comments: Teamviewer is a safe product and it is also uses AES 256-bit encryption. It has enable me to perform task remotely just by sitting from my desk, rather from moving physcially. TeamViewer has helped me to make lots of savings on fuel as well as on time. Worth mentioning is also the customer service that you have after purchasing the product. Below are a few personal advantages I noted while using this application;
- Fast, secured and reliable (The other person can restrict your access at any time, thus it is a positive security concern).
- Able to communicate with the other user via a chat box, voice call or video call.
- Able to transfer files to the other data over TeamViewer itself.
- Able to take screenshots or make video recording of the receipient screen.
- Able to access another device which is not on the same platform (cross-platform).
- Works within a low-bandwith environment.
However, as all great software, it has a cost that comes with it. Thus, if you are planning to use it commercially, it is advised to purchase it, thus increasing the number of users that are connected to simultaenously. Nevertherless, it has proved its capabilities to be among the best remote control software available on the market. As a Junior IT Support Officer, I highly recommend this product.

Pros:

First and foremost, it is one of the best free remote access and free remote control softwate. It enables user (usually IT Support team) to have access remotely on your machine while limiting their physical movement especially during this Covid-19 pandemic. It is also a great tool to be used in environments where there is a low-bandwidth. Moreover it has also helped me to communicates with the recepient via a chat box or via call. I also have the option of transfering files via TeamViewer, thus making it an ideal office tool for anyone who want to gain access to a system without any physcial movement, thus helps in saving time and gas money. It is also a cross-platform application (User can control any device that are on either Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS or even on Rasberry Pi).

Cons:

One of my main concerns is that both parties (that is the person to whom I am connecting remotely and myself) need to have the same version installed on the machine or else, the application will not work. Another disadvantage is that large files cannot be shared over TeamViewer. The computer that I am connecting to also needs to be switched on and active which mean that the application needs to be remained open.

Jhonjerlyn
CEO in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Stable remote connections with much more direct communication.

Comments: My overall experience with TeamViewer has been really good, this software has been helping us within my corporate area and also within the other areas of our real estate company, all of our employees are using it to connect remotely when needed, and they also use it to connect with clients remotely, this software is quite useful in this company and helps us to optimize the remote connection. I must admit that the general use of this platform has been really simple, from the first moment I started using it, you will not know how easy it was, and its general interface is quite comfortable to check several remote connections.

Pros:

One of the main things that I like about TeamViewer is that I can connect to another computer without having to go through a complex process, just by having the ID and password of the computer I want to connect to, I can connect immediately. Another thing that I like is that I can modify the video quality and the fluency of the remote connection, TeamViewer has a function to improve the video quality, when using that function the fluency of the remote transmission can be slightly affected, also when I use the function of improving the smoothness of the connection, the video quality may be affected in a certain way. These two functions help TeamViewer to work on high-end and low-end computers. Lastly, I love the streaming audio and real-time chat, I can also connect with the other person via camera while doing the remote connection, that's great.

Cons:

One of the main things that have to improved within this platform is the transfer of files, on several occasions I have tried to transfer files while making a remote connection, the transfer of files takes a long time even though I try to transfer few files simultaneously. Another thing that needs to be improved is that the App for mobile devices is a bit difficult to use, it does not have a zoom button to be able to zoom in on a specific part of the remote connection, and thus be able to operate a computer much more easily.

2 years ago

Hi Jhonjerlyn, Thank you for contributing valuable time to sharing your unique experience with TeamViewer and we appreciate your recommendation on TeamViewer. We are glad that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, reliability and user-friendly functionality. Did you know that we welcome all TeamViewer users and fans to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) for knowledge sharing and technical discussion. There are more powerful features to discover about TeamViewer and we would love to see you there! Have a wonderful day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Kevin
Kevin
Software Consultant/Full Stack Developer in Trinidad and Tobago
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Very Experienced

Comments: Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros:

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great. The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself. The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons:

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature. They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Harry
Harry
Systems and Digital Marketing Administrator in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic for Commercial; OK for Personal

Comments: Fantastic piece of software which has allowed us to troubleshoot our user device issues whether it's a mobile or desktop/laptop. The cost is high but the functionality is also great and gets the task done.

Pros:

I'm able to store user machine ID's to my Teamviewer account which allows me to see when their Teamviewer is opened so I can quickly select their session and hop onto it without needing to get the ID/Password from the user. Also how easy it is to get onto the machine with admin privileges is very useful.It's ideal to use within the business frontier if only a few licences are required.

Cons:

The versioning of Teamviewer must always be kept up to date on all machines if updated. We have a QuickSupport shortcut available for all users; however our main Teamviewer software was updated to a newer version which then caused the QuickSupport shortcuts to be updated with a later one from the homepage due to being unable to connect to the newer Teamviewer. (as well as Teamviewer host)

last year

Hi Harry, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you. TeamViewer is backward compatible but not upward compatible. This means that you can connect with your current version to devices that are running the same version as yours or older versions. Likewise, we would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

nguessan valery
nguessan valery
Property Seller in Côte d’Ivoire
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Remote desktop tool

Comments: My brother, who is an IT specialist, introduced me to this software. I use it to take control of my computer from my phone. It's very easy to do. I just created a free account in which I registered my devices, which allows me to take control by clicking on them. This tool is really great and very useful for carrying out remote actions or recovering files that you've forgotten

Pros:

I'm not an IT professional, but you don't have to be to use this software. With this software, it's easy to take control of a computer remotely. It's easy to install, has a user-friendly interface, and is very simple to use. As far as security is concerned, I think it's very secure. Taking control requires several authorizations beforehand. In addition, it has other exciting features such as chat by message or voice, file transfer, and many others. It's a handy tool that works on all media, PC, smartphones, etc.

Cons:

I have no recommendation to make. The way it works suits me perfectly

11 months ago

Hi Nguessan, We are grateful for the great feedback and a perfect rating is given based on your TeamViewer journey! There are lots of useful and powerful features of TeamViewer, you may check out our homepage (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/features/). Likewise, did you that you may learn more about TeamViewer features and gain more knowledge in TeamViewer Community? Come on and visit us on TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/english) We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time and look forward to seeing you in the community! Have a great day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer