Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About SimpleConsign

Simple web based technology gives consignment, resale and antique malls the freedom and resources needed to thrive in today's market.

Learn more about SimpleConsign

Eric jackson S.
Eric jackson S.
Managing Partner

"Early Adopter Here"

Comments: We've been very pleased with everything about this software. Most importantly (in my book) their customer service is VERY responsive and extremely helpful. Considering how much our operations rely upon their interface, any downtime would be catastrophic. The handful of times that we have had issues, they really have dropped everything to work with us to get it resolved in short order. That means pretty much everything for our store.

Pros: The software is very intuitive. We switched our software over from a piece-built Access system back in 2013, and there was a learning curve for staff, but it went very smoothly. For a high-volume consignment based store with over 7,000 consignors, I can't imagine using anything else. Additionally, being cloud-based means that when we have technological complications on one computer, we still have functionality.

Cons: There have been a few tweaks and customization changes that we have requested from the company that either haven't happened or have taken a long time to implement. Please understand, this is a minor issue, and they have become a very large company so we don't expect special treatment. The fact that this is the thing I like "least" is more testament to how great the bulk of our experience has been.

by Traxia on 2018-08-14

Thanks so much Eric. What a terrific review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We tweak and make changes to the system based on the number of requests we receive for a particular feature. We truly want SimpleConsign to be a customer-driven system. Believe me, we're listening to all of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Caitlyn L.
  • Reviewed on 2021-08-24

"Grateful I found this program"

Comments: I am really enjoyed it so far and feel there are even more features I could take advantage of

Pros: I love the customer service. There isn't ever anything they haven't helped me with and I know that if I reach out they will be there with in the hour. They also have a lot of features that have made running my consignment shop so much easier.

Cons: The price. It does cost a lot especially with multiple locations

• Reviewed on 2021-08-24
Lizanne T.

"Kids consignment store"

Comments: For the most part it’s been great. Since adding the Shopify plug in and most of my business transferring to online now due to Covid I now am very frustrated with it. The customer service has been good but it’s a massive expensive for me for something that really doesnt totally work and yet I’m way to financially invested to change softwares to something that transitions with Shopify better. I hope to see some improvements and more help navigating this.

Pros: I find the software great for having both new & used items on one software. It’s pretty user friendly and any time I have an issue with it they call me back right away.

Cons: I’m having a pretty frustrating time with the ease of adding Shopify to it. It’s a lot of money to add the Shopify plug in and yet it’s quite archaic. I can’t really find anyone in Shopify that can actually help me because everything needs to be done through Traxia. I wish I could have a few hours with someone that is well versed in both Shopify and Traxia but there doesn’t seem to be such a person. The variants make my website super hard to navigate. I can’t add Facebook shopping or Instagram tagging because of this which has lost me so much business. It’s frustrating in these Covid times as I need all the help I can get and I don’t feel supported.

by Traxia on 2021-01-29

Thank you for your review Lizanne. When it comes to our Shopify plug in there are bound to be hiccups as both systems are completely independent of each other. The best course of action is to get your Traxia account set up and then get your Shopify set.

Scott B.
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-10

"I couldn't imagine running a consignment business without it!"

Comments: SimpleConsign is an immense help with inventory management in a consignment situation. I could not survive without this type of inventory management system. A big plus is that they are nice people to deal with!

Pros: The overall inventory management of SimpleConsign makes it easy to manage consignors. The most difficult part of the consignment business is managing inventory and this program has helped. Custom reports are easy to create and download as a CSV to use a spreadsheet program to create better forms. Since we also hold online auctions, the custom forms can be used to create a dataset to upload to the auction site. Also, the folks at Traxia have to be commended about their responsiveness to customer service. Even over the weekends, someone will answer even though most issues could wait until Monday. I switched from another product and glad I did.

Cons: The software is not pretty. It looks like it was developed over 20 years ago and has not been redesigned. That is not an issue except that too many UI elements are small or not laid out well for eyes that are aging. Although a mature piece of software is good, it also shows the problems of adding features upon features. An example of the added-on features that feels as if it was bolted-on is the way to search old records. Also, bulk editing is very difficult. If you want to change a few items, you have to create a report, print out the SKU with the bar codes and use the bar code to scan in the SKU to create an edit list. A bulk upload system that is easier to understand would also be nice. There are no built-in alert systems to warn you about timed activities, such as inventory transitioning from ACTIVE to INGRACE. An alert system would be very helpful!

by Traxia on 2021-03-22

Hey Scott, thank you so much for your review! Currently our number 1 priority is making features that work. When building on top of an already established software you have to keep in mind how every feature will effect every other feature. This can sometimes create a less than ideal look and feel for certain features, but again our number 1 priority is making sure the feature actually works.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-10
William C.
Managing Owner
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-13

"Very easy to use and affordable consignment software"

Comments: Overall we are very happy. As a small store, SimpleConsign has all the features that we need at a price we can afford. The software has been easy to use, stable and support has been very fast to respond to any questions or issues we might have. We can work around the minor issues with little extra effort and our vendors love the real time access to their accounts and the ease of adding inventory. We would recommend any consignment store or vendor mall seriously look at SimpleConsing as their POS software.

Pros: The best aspect of SimpleConsign is the ease of use for both our store and our vendors. It is simple to add/edit/remove inventory or convert vendor inventory if abandoned. Consigner Access allows for direct uploading of inventory into the POS system by the vendor. Having bar codes on items eliminates the majority of errors in recording vendor sales and allows for faster chekout. Vendors do not have to wait until end-of-month accounting is complete to know where there account stands by giving them real time account access. There are a wide range of reporting options allowing the store to be able to analize data to look for trends in sales and types of items being sold. This allows for better staffing allocation and inventory stocking. Sales reports are complete with all the information that accountants/tax preparers need.

Cons: As this software was designed for consignment and we use it in a vendor mall the "Status" field becomes confusing to new vendors when an item changes from "Active" to "Expired". Vendors tend to think that the item is no longer available for sale. When a vendors sales do not exceed their rent and they have to do a "Pay In" the receipts that print out are fortune cookie size slips. A full size receipt should print out as the small ones barely have enough room for credit card users to sign and the vendor copy is even smaller and difficult for them to save for there records. There is no way to edit information once uploaded from the consigner side. This is probably set up this way to protect the store but if a vendor makes a spelling mistake or quantity, price mistake the only way for the vendor to correct is to remove the item and create it a second time otherwise, the store has to do the correcting. There are limited receipt printer compatibility.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-13
Lynn M.
Owner/Worker
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-12

"Without hesitation- a true winner"

Comments: Overall experience: They use a 10 point scale to rate level of satisfaction. I need more like a 50 point scale.
I just cant thank Simple Consign enough for always being there. It is such a pleasure to work with team that truly understands customer service. Attitude, professionalism, knowledge base--- they have it all and deliver it with the highest regard for their customers. Just love it and love them!

Pros: Where do I begin? Let me start with their OUTSTANDING customer support. They are fast at responding, patient as they walk you thru solutions ( teach you as they do) and truly know their product features. Probably the most outstanding service I have received from any vendor. As for the software itself- tremendous! I feel like I could not do my job without this software (and their support). It provides me with all the necessary features I need to make the shop run smoothly, informed and convenient. My consignors love it because it gives them access to their account 24/7.. and it saves me from having to answer phone calls about accou8nt info. It is right there for each client. I truly cant speak highly enough about this company, its people and its products. The best value and the "item" that helps me the most.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike. When I run into a problem, all I have to do is call customer support and BINGO- they walk me thru a solution. There was 1 occasion when I wanted to do something and that particular function could not be done HOWEVER with the help of the support crew, they came up with an alternative that worked perfect. They go the extra mile 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day

by Traxia on 2019-03-13

Wow, Lynn, thanks! We appreciate your phenomenal review. Thanks for your incredible encouragement and loyalty too. You've actually been a customer of ours since 2014! It's wonderful customers like you that make us work that much harder.
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019-03-12
Sara K.

"Great Software!"

Comments: Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful!

Pros: Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized.
Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

Cons: Updates often seem to change layout or visual details that seem unnecessary - eg: fade effect on calendar setting, while there are other features we would love to see updates on to improve function eg: ability to discount multiple items at once, but not having to discount the entire sale. Or the ability to see trends of sales data on different time frequencies - monthly, yearly, etc instead of just "all time".
However, some changes that we have wanted to see have been implemented, which is wonderful! eg: search function in brands feature.
Is there a connection to QuickBooks?

by Traxia on 2018-08-22

Sara,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you titling it "Great Software!" We do connect with the installed version of Quickbooks and we're working on an integration with the online version as well. Check with Tech Support about discounting items at the time of sale. Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a 10 out of 10!

Karlan J.
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-26

"Playback Sports"

Comments: I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.

Pros: Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Cons: Sometimes there are printer challenges but it's less likely about the software than probably compatibility with operating systems.

by Traxia on 2018-10-29

Karlan, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It does our heart good to hear you say you feel we're a part of your company. That's our ultimate goal...to partner with you in your business. The fact that you rated us a 10 out of 10 and gave us all 5 stars is just the icing on the cake! Thanks. About those printing issues...get those Support guys on the phone and make sure there isn't something they need to do!

• Reviewed on 2018-10-26
Tammy J.
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-05

"Simple Consign"

Comments: Overall my experience has been very good.

Pros: Simple Consign is excellent software for businesses such as ours - where you have multiple vendors. It allows us to easily process a sale as well as look up history, etc. it pretty much allows us to do everything we need to in order to run our business. Great value for the money. Also, our vendors can see their sales online at any time. They love being able to do that. Tech support has been very helpful whenever I have had questions.

Cons: The reporting is not as flexible as I would like it to be. All fields should be available to select from for a custom report. Also it is not possible to change an item description after a sale has processed. Also, It is practically impossible to get a modification done.

by Traxia on 2020-08-05

Hey Tammy, thank you for your review! We are continually looking to expand our reports, if you would like to reach out and let us know more of what you're looking for in your reports we can make sure that if it's not possible, that we make it possible.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-05
Bill B.
Bill B.
Adjunct Instructor
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-07

"Good software for volunteers"

Comments: Our experience overall has been great. The reports are easy to run and the few that we've had to develop have worked well. Even though we use an external credit card processor, the interface with the software is easy to use.

Pros: Our staff is completely volunteer, with the preponderance what is considered "elderly". (I don't think of them/us that way, but chronologically, it's true.) They have used Simple Consign for over a year, now, and have become completely comfortable with it. Most volunteer only one day a week, so the ease of use is paramount.

Cons: We have a monthly sale by color the last 4 days of the month we're open, and the color goes for a single price - there is no way in the software to automate this - it allows for only percentage discounts. With the confounding factors of age and infrequency of occurrence, this has really been our only problem that has not been fixed immediately with the support staff.

by Traxia on 2018-08-08

Bill, thanks for your great review! We really appreciate you taking time to let others know about SimpleConsign. Tech Support also looks at our reviews and keeps notes of customer requests. We love feedback from our wonderful users!

Julie M.
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-27

"Technical support team is great!"

Comments: I would recommend Traxia to anyone considering a new system for their consignment store: from setup to day-to-day operations, everything about it worked well for us.

Pros: It was easy to set up, and what questions I had were easily solved by working with the support team. The program is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate with common sense.

Cons: The boxes had too much white space in them, requiring a scroll down (extra step). For example, the new consignor field could be tightened up so that "Save and Close" don't require scrolling down. This came up in other screens, too.
The monthly fee to marry with e-commerce sites is very high. However, Traxia operated very well with our link to Shopify.

by Traxia on 2021-01-28

Thank you for your review Julie, I will bring the white space issue to our dev team and have them look over where we could make some space.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-27
Catt T.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-21

"Perfect for Small Businesses or First Timers"

Comments: We are a small family run Artisan Gallery & Consignment Store, we had been looking at all types of POS systems for our business. We had looked at at least 10 different systems until we finally found SimpleConsign. When we looked into it, not only were they reasonably priced since we were just starting out we didn't have a huge budget and had all of the features we could ever need plus a few more we have found ourselves using. On top of detailed sales tracking and inventory, you can integrate with QuickBooks, you can get all types of reports for taxes, market research, and quite a few we haven't even tried yet. The customer service is STELLAR, very friendly, always ready and willing to answer any question we might have, from the tiny ones about what a button does to technical problems. The system is web based, so we don't ever have to worry loosing our information because most of it is stored in the cloud, so if your power goes out more than likely you won't lose your work, in my experience. I would recommend this POS system to anybody.

Pros: Stellar customer service, easy to use, reasonable price, compatibility, lots of features.

Cons: Could be confusing at times, but customer service is always willing to help.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-21
Brett S.
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-22

"A Simpler Point-of-Sale for Consignment and Resale Businesses"

Comments: We switched from a major POS after four years and have been pleased with the decision. The software does what is advertised, and support is responsive and friendly. We've already recommended this software to other resale shops.

Pros: Product is straight forward; setup and training has been easier than compared to competitor product. It has 'just what we need' for a smaller-scale resale business with one location and no full-time back office staff. Converting from the competitor was made easy by the tech staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. Tech has been responsive to support tickets, and their ticked system allows you to specify the urgency. The data connection to Quickbooks works well but is limited to payouts. Online videos and a good user manual are easily available for training and reference. Cloud-based data and Software as a Service means reduced technology demands on small business.

Cons: Because tag styles are tied to product categories, we are unable to easily print two tag types for jewelry (one for display to customer, one for butterfly tag on merchandise.) The online manual is great for 90% of needs; not all features are fully documented, especially for users who like to know the boundaries of what a product can do. Cloud-based does rely on a steady internet connection; this is not a major obstacle in 2018, and the benefits of hosting outweigh the challenges of storing the data in the local store.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-22
Michelle G.
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-06

"Worth The Money for Cutting Edge Software"

Comments: Although it is one of my biggest expenses, I am so glad I chose to spend the extra money. My business runs smoothly and efficiently.

Pros: Ease of use and it is up to date technology.

Cons: Glitches once and a white that effect my ability to ring up customers, but SimpleConsign typically fixes these as quick as possible, which I appreciate.

Alternatives Considered: ConsignPro and Liberty4 Consignment

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign: I chose SimpleConsign because I want the most up to date product available!! I do not want outdated software.

by Traxia on 2020-08-10

Hey Michelle, thank you for your review, as well as being a fantastic customer and partner!

• Reviewed on 2020-08-06
Lisa R.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-31

"SimpleConsign"

Comments: SimpleConsign has been a great platform for us - our employees were able to learn it quickly and easily. I love the ease of using store credit for payout and the reward points system. Our consignors love being able to access their information online. Very happy with the software and the support team!

Pros: Very easy to use. Clear headings, options, buttons, etc. Straight forward/common sense format. Love the online consignor access.

Cons: Reporting still needs some improvement. Difficult to get the reporting we need. Layaway edits or cancellations/how to forfeit a payment. Would love an etransfer payout option. Ability to customize the cash count so we can remove pennies.

by Traxia on 2018-09-04

Lisa, thanks so much for taking the time to give a review. We really appreciate it. Please give Tech Support a call. They would be happy to put together specific reports for you and give you advice on layaways. We love our Canadian customers too and want to do as much as possible for you, eh?
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2018-08-31
Linda K.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-23

"Simple"

Comments: Before Simple Consign we used access and created our own system. This is a more complete system and gives you comprehensive information about your business.

Pros: Ease of use of the software, that it is internet based, accessible no matter where I am, and customer support.

Cons: I think the reports could be more robust. I would like to be able to run reports that compare complete financials from year to year, not just the monthly brief comparison. Same for items sold by category.

by Traxia on 2018-11-26

Hi Linda! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for SimpleConsign. We really appreciate it. So happy to hear we're meeting the needs of Repeat Riding Gear. Contact Tech Support to help you with those reports. They'll be glad to set up custom reports for you. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2018-11-23
Jennifer O.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-14

"We love Simple Consign!"

Comments: The biggest benefit is the amazing customer service department. They make any problem disappear immediately and are super responsive.

Pros: This software so user friendly and easy to access from anywhere! It has made my business so much easier to do. The support you receive from the customer service department is like no other! It was even easy to open a second location, because you can share inventory between the two sites.

Cons: I love everything about it! Honestly there are no cons.

by Traxia on 2019-03-19

Oh my goodness Jennifer. Thanks for such a phenomenal review! We are thrilled your experience with SimpleConsign has been so incredibly positive and that you took the time to share it! Thanks. We're so happy to have you on Team Traxia!

• Reviewed on 2019-03-14
Karin S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-12

"Switched to Traxia in my 2nd year of business & was one of the best decisions ever made for the shop"

Pros: I appreciate that I can track very easily the sales history of customers and conisgnors. I feel I have a better knowlege of what is selling for us and at what price. Our pricing has become more consistent and our sales have increased. Its kept my store much more organized and I feel way more in control of my numbers and inventory. My accountant loves the reports. I also appreciated the training in the early days and that my staff was able to log in and train alongside other Traxia users. It made conversion so much easier. Traxia support staff go above and beyond and I feel listened to and not "mansplained" to.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-12
Lee K.
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-06

"Great software system for consignments"

Comments: The company support their product well and questions were attended to quickly.

Pros: Simple Consign is a reasonable intuitive software make me more confident in working with our consignment jewelry business. After a month or so of use, I now believe that our consignment business has few questions and errors. That is worth the money for me!

Cons: Some start up confusion occurred which made me question the choice, time and money spent.

by Traxia on 2018-11-14

Hi Lee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. Sorry you had issues at your startup, but so glad we were able to work through them. We're very happy to hear that using SimpleConsign has given you greater confidence in your business. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2018-11-06
Herbert D.
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-28

"Great Software easy to use and excellent customer service"

Comments: I love It!! Would not do a consignor business without it.

Pros: The customer service someone calls me and helps me.

Cons: If you need a change it may never come about. If you want a specific change they may never add it or fix it unless its a huge problem for all.

by Traxia on 2021-01-29

Thank you for your review Herbert! In regards to changes to the platform we always keep a list of requests and prioritize them based off demand and time it will take to add a feature. However we keep every suggestion and regularly review them.

Angel F.
Supervisor
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-27

"Great Company with Great Customer Service"

Comments: We have been using SimpleConsign for about five years. We absolutely love them. They few problems we have had, have been fixed with the utmost professionalism. This is a family orientated business, who hasn't forgotten that even small businesses deserve respect and appreciation. We love these guys!

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Does not reset dashboard screen at end of year. Would like to see fiscal numbers, rather than a running total.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-27
Sandra C.

"POS Review"

Comments: Honestly, I still haven’t fully utilized all of the features of this software. But at this point I’m mostly pleased with how I’m able to keep track of my consignors and their items.

Pros: It is easy to learn and did not require a lot of brain damage.

Cons: Not MAC compatible, doesn’t automatically reduce split during grace period, store credit payout doesn’t breakdown the way I’d like it to, not user friendly for my web designer to connect to my webpage.

James W.
  • Reviewed on 2012-09-17

"Simple Consign The Best Consignment Software"

Comments: I would highly recommend this product for anyone that is looking for inventory software, cashier software, consignment software. This is a complete system for any business and the ease of use is simply incredible. Try if for yourself and you will not be disappointed, I can guarantee that.

Pros: This system is the easiest system that I have ever used. The features are incredible. You can just about configure any kind of inventory that you want to. The ease of use of Simple Consign is incredible. This is the best system for one reason and that is the system does so many complex things and it is so simple to use. The tech support in phenomenal. You call or email and usually within a couple of hours, literally, you receive a call with the support that you need. Dan in tech support is awesome, he can literally fix any problem with your system in very little time. If he does get stumped, he just keeps working and researching until he figures it out. A very dependable company with massive benefits for your company and your TIME. Customer service is fast, prompt and very attentive to your needs and understanding of their product.

Cons: I cannot think of any cons. I know that sounds contrite, but when you use Simple Consign and you use tech support or customer service you will see what I mean. This is really an incredible company.

by Traxia on 2021-03-22

Thank you for your review James!

• Reviewed on 2012-09-17
Kellie J.
Founder & CEO
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-22

"Thank you Simple Consign"

Pros: The customer service and support is second to none!

Cons: Sometimes the reports set up is cumbersome, probably just me...I like things instantly...;)

by Traxia on 2021-01-25

Thank you for your review and for being a great partner these last couple of years, Kellie!

• Reviewed on 2021-01-22
Melanie S.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-14

"It's been very easy to use & the Customer Service is always helpful & easy to access"

Pros: SimpleConsign is great because I can use it at on any computer and my phone - so when I am on vacation, I can still access all the information about sales and inventory while my assistant is at the shop

Cons: Occasionially it is slow because the internet is slow, but that is very infrequent. I really don't have anything else bad to say about it.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-14