Canada Local product

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Pros:

The analytics side of Hootsuite is one of its greatest strengths. The support team respond quickly.

Cons:

Additionally at least once or twice the scheduled content has failed to post, and it is difficult to track these.

Hootsuite ratings

4.3

8.0/10

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,086 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hootsuite before?

Filter reviews (3,086)

Arzu Ö.
Arzu Ö.
Digital Marketing Specialist in Turkey

Useful for beginners but high priced

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros:

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons:

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Maya G.
Maya G.
Sales and Marketing Specialist in Egypt

Essential Social Media Management Platform

3 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I work for a digital marketing agency who manages the social media pages for over 40+ businesses in Egypt and the Middle East, We run an incredible amount of pages on different social networks because they are too many nowadays, Almost 6/7 Pages/Profiles for each account and this is the hardest part to keep everything under control and collaboration with the right monitoring tools and to have a seamless post schedule for the whole month without a single fail, I like the fact that through all the years Hootsuite never pushed anyone to subscribe or pay for a personal use through limiting the capabilities and this makes us, We pay because we're an agency handling many accounts but for others they don't have to.

Pros:

I like their easy-to-use interface with the user-friendly publishing tools to create and schedule posts to multiple social networks with the ability to collaborate in real-time with your team members and being able to assign permissions with my organization and with/for clients for a seamless access and maximum monitoring, I also like the deep insights we're able to gain through their in-depth analysis, It enables us to measure our performance across different channels to stay on top of trends and to drive the highest value of our organic/paid reach.

Cons:

We needed a functional mobile application because it's 2022, And the reporting capabilities still not smart or bringing any difference between it and the social networks built-in reporting tools, Also adding some algorithms and AI/ML for the whole platform would be good specially for the content recommendation part.

Alberto L.
Marketing Manager in U.S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros:

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons:

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Antoine W.
Antoine W.
SBDM Wastewater Treatment in France
Environmental Services, 10,000+ Employees

A perfect tool! But quite pricey.

5 last week New

Comments: Productwise a pleasure! It works and delivers on the promise. I compared it, and honestly, Hootsuite is the best of all the ones I've tried. It just has a price tag that goes along with its quality.

Pros:

Almost everything: it integrates smoothly with platforms, it is easy to use, visually well done and the UI/UX is pleasant. You really get an enjoyable and reliable service!

Cons:

The only con for me was Hootsuite's price. For my use, it was quite expensive per social post, which at some point decided me to switch off to an alternative (which I ended up regretting for different reasons). I get that the price is the reason why it's so good, but maybe an entry level plan with less features could be an interesting in-between solution.

Mehak C.
Digital Marketing Executive in India

Best-in-class Social Media Management Platform!

5 last month New

Comments: The overall experience with hootsuite has been amazing. I have been using this platform for multiple clients now. It makes managing social media channels easy and you can schedule your posts in advance which leads to a faster turnaround time. Hootsuite also allows to customize the url's in the post which is an extra advantage!

Pros:

The integration of the platform was easy and it is quite easy to use. The best part about using Hootsuite is that it helps save a lot of time as it helps in scheduling and managing your posts from a single dashboard.

Cons:

The free trial should allow connecting more than 3 channels. And sometimes the posts go live without the featured image which can be improved.

Dominic C.
Owner in U.S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Hootsuite Review

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it's been great to use. Big time saver being able to schedule a bunch of posts to go out and to different platforms.

Pros:

Time saver scheduling and posting information to social media Allows our small business to be efficient with our social media management Can post to stories on IG Free basic version to try it out Paid version allows to make one post and blast it to several platforms Great tracking of engagements

Cons:

Can be overwhelming at first learning the system and how to post. Honestly though, there's not much to dislike. It's relatively easy once you get the hang of it and so worth it.

Ebonie H.
Marketing in U.S.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Excellent product a bit expensive

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

I enjoy Hootsuite's interface it's user-friendly.

Cons:

I do not like the price I did go with a competitor that provided what I needed al la carte.

Merylin J.
Merylin J.
Project Manager in U.S.
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

A great tool to control social networks

4 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience has been good, it allows me to reduce the time it took to make several publications a day and be able to measure the scope of the campaigns in less time, without a doubt it is a good tool

Pros:

Something that I like about this tool is that it allows you to do all the network management functions in one place, this tool allows you to select the content in a simpler way as well as manage the content in less time, or even monitor it with efficiency acceptable for professionals in the area of social networks

Cons:

I do not consider that the tool is not functional, on the contrary, in its type, it is one of the best

Reitumetse M.
Reitumetse M.
Writer in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The BEST tool for social media management

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s a 1 stop tool to monitor multiple social media platforms, scheduling social media content and managing marketing campaigns and It has just about all the features you could ever need for social media management.

Pros:

I love the fact that you get to schedule posts across all the social media platforms. You also get insights into content performance which I think is really cool.

Cons:

It’s quite expensive and has limited post scheduling timeframes.

Joanmarie C.
Executive & Communications Assistant in U.S.
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Almost Perfect!

5 11 months ago

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros:

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons:

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Ben E.
Director of Communications in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees

Getting Better with Time

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons:

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Thomas C.
Social Media & Content Specialist in Canada

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

4 2 years ago

Comments: At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros:

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons:

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Randi Z.
Marketing Director in U.S.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros:

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons:

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Meisha B.
Marketing Manager in U.S.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

4 3 years ago

Comments: Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons:

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Account Executive in U.S.

Love this social tool!

4 3 years ago

Comments: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros:

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons:

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry W.
Digital Marketing Manager in U.K.
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

4 3 years ago

Comments: It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros:

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons:

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Virginia B.
Communications Manager in U.S.

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

5 4 years ago

Pros:

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc. Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons:

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Social Media Specialist in Kenya
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Reliable and easy social media manager

5 6 years ago

Comments: Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful. I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus. The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite. What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.
I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures. I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros:

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard. I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons:

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Marketing Specialist in Qatar
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites. The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes. We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes. But that's not all! Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons:

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights. While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports. I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Shanna T.
Social Media Specialist in U.S.
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros:

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Cons:

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.
Marketing Specialist in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Hootsuite

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros:

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons:

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

Suhailah S.
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

All about Hootsuite

5 12 months ago

Pros:

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons:

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.

Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Owner and Founder in U.S.

Hootsuite is great for individuals and marketing firms alike

5 3 years ago

Comments: My company uses Hootsuite to schedule social media for our clients. If I were trying to post multiple times a day for each client through the individual accounts, I would never do anything else. So, Hootsuite helps me set up a social media and content schedule that is unique to each business while leaving room for me to add content as I go throughout my other daily tasks. It streamlines and automates a task that would otherwise take up all of my time.

Pros:

If I had to pick a favorite, I would say that the scheduling feature is extraordinarily helpful. I run a small digital marketing firm and handle the social media for almost all of my clients. I created separate accounts for each client to keep my own costs down, so I will simply schedule out 30 posts at a time and set a memo for myself to post more before the campaign ends. After that, I love the plugins and tools, especially the ones that allow you to curate content that is relevant to the industry of my clients (Mostly cleaning, software, and daycares). I can set up an RSS feed that posts at regular intervals in case I am late on posting. Finally, the photo editor - I like this because I post a ton of pictures for my clients, which means that I need the images to fit well on different networks. The photo editor allows me to play with the size right in the app until it fits properly, which takes a lot of guesswork out when trying to edit for size rather than picture quality.

Cons:

Honestly, I have used multiple different scheduling software for social media - Hootsuite is by far my favorite because it is so feature rich. If I had one complaint, it would actually be the cost. If you are trying to use one platform for all clients or have more than 3 social accounts per client, Hootsuite can get pretty pricey, especially for a smaller startup without much capital while they are growing.

Marketing Coordinator in Canada

An absolute time saver

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Cons:

It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.

Charity R.
Charity R.
Book Reviewer in U.S.
Entertainment, Self Employed

Impressive free plan

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I'm satisfied with Hootsuite and will continue to use this platform to manage my social media accounts. With the ability to schedule up to 30 posts on the free plan, including scheduling Instagram posts, and viewing different social media accounts all on one dashboard, it beats other social media management platforms that require plan upgrades to access similar features.

Pros:

As someone who uses Hootsuite's "Free" plan, I'm incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the "Streams." I can sort scheduled posts, past posts, mentions, and followers' posts by social media platform using "Streams" on my dashboard. This allows me to see responses or comments on my posts and engage with followers, without having to visit several social media sites. With the free version, I can also schedule more posts on social media than other social media management programs, and the free plan allows me to schedule posts on my business Instagram account.

Cons:

"Free plan" users who are needing advanced features beyond basic analytics will need to upgrade and if they shorten links using TinyUrl or Bitly, there isn't a meaningful way to track engagement in the program. Also, users need to be aware that the connections between Hootsuite and social media networks frequently drop, and that the program's connection with Instagram is frequently buggy.