About Bookerville

For multi-property managers, resorts, B&Bs, vacation rental owners. The best value in the industry. Discover what you've been missing!

Learn more about Bookerville

Pros:

Cons:

It is hard to find the site on Google or other search engines.

Bookerville ratings

4.9

9.5/10

Bookerville has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 203 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bookerville before?

Eric T
Eric T
Broker/Owner of Sandcastle Beach Rentals in U.S.

Bookerville Saved My Company

Comments: I like being able to speak directly with the owner. He always responds to emails and phone calls. Well done.

Pros:

Got me turned around and on top of things before things got out of hand. Thank you guys.

Cons:

Nothing much, I sometimes don't like it when you change the pricing then all the scheduled emails go back to the basic emails and not the ones that I have just chosen.

Melody

Perfect!

Comments: So happy with Bookerville! Its so easy, seamless and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is top notch!

Pros:

Bookerville is super user friendly and works great wether you are a Property Manager and/or Owner. Most booking softwares are too complicated. Bookerville is super easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always on top of any concern and willing to listen and make changes if needed to fit your needs.

Cons:

I wish the rate system was a little more user friendly. Example is on Vrbo you can see the dates its booked and the daily rates ON the calendar so you can lower rates daily to fill in the blanks. I wish Bookerville was set up like that for the rates section.

Alternatives Considered: Escapia, Gusto and Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: So much easier to use and you can talk to a real person.

Amit
Amit
Proprietor in India

A Good Booking App

Pros:

Data entry is very simple and decent. Linking up with other public calendars like the ones from Airbnb, Booking.com and TripAdvisor.

Cons:

Better UI design. Better mobile UI. I think that's the area of improvement that Bookerville could work on.

Bookerville Response

4 years ago

Bookerville is impressed that Mr. Kenny was able to determine some of this detail in less than an hour of use of the free trial, and absolutely zero interaction with our staff, including the free webinar. Puzzling...

tywain

The Ranch at Southfork experience

Comments: Good have had it for over 12 years

Pros:

Very easy and simple to use. Use it daily for booking and accountant use it for billing and reconciliation.

Cons:

Would like it to connect to VRBO or ABNB

Krystal
Inn Keeper in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

Great software. No regrets.

Comments: We have used Bookerville for years for our log cabin rental business. It has been great.

Pros:

Support is the best of any software that we've ever owned or bought in to. The support is quick, responsive, and genuinely interested in helping make the software as effective as it can be.

Cons:

The integrations with other services aren't totally seamless (but they're really good and Bookerville keeps on top of necessary upgrades). IMO I think that the bigger rental sites benefit from making these integrations difficult.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet and Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: functionality & price. We didn't know that the support was going to be so good when we bought in. That was a bonus!

Aiva
Manager in U.S.

Working with Bookerville

Comments: Our overall experience with Bookerville is very good

Pros:

What I like the most about Bookerville, is the ease of use and friendly navigation system. And customer support availability when I need it.

Cons:

It was smooth integration process. It could be easer if it have option of easy connectivity with the website

Joseph
Office Manager in U.S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

The best value for rental software management. Excellent!

Comments: If I could give it an 11 I would!

Pros:

Easily integrates into our business and website.

Cons:

Set-up has its learning curve... BUT Extremely flexible once you get to know it.

Alternatives Considered: Escapia, MyVR, CiiRUS, Lodgix, LiveRez, Streamline and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: Excellent integration, ease of use, flexibility, positive reviews. Now from our experience we are very happy with the support team at bookerville.

Frank

Great booking software!

Pros:

Provides all the functions I need in the cabin rental business.

Cons:

The enhancements I need are currently being implemented so I can not think of a con.

Jessica
Administrative Assistant in U.S.

LifeSaving Program

Comments: Overall rental management has just become simpler and more streamlined.

Pros:

My favorite part of this program is how organized and easy to use it is.

Cons:

I think the graphics and design could be a little more up to date.

Alternatives Considered: Escapia, Tokeet, LMPM v4 and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Bookerville: Organization, and simplification

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: Bookerville seemed to check more of the boxes we needed without making us pay for features we wouldn't be able to utilize.

Patricia

Makes life Easy!

Comments: Benifits:
- calendar shared by staff easy to access from their phones.
- guest info all in one place
- sync calendars with listing sites
- helps with record keeping

Pros:

Keeps me and my team on track, my favorite it how professional my quotes look

Cons:

1st the templates are great, but characters are limited. To create dynamic colorful templates takes a ton of characters... which limits your actual visible text to the recipient Greatly. Doubling the characters available on a template are not having the background characters count towards overall character count would be awesome. I have two unique houses that combines complete over 40 people. They are Riverfront each with swimming pools hot tubs game rooms pact with the amenities, etc. Conveying information to my guests and one email without having to use attachments would be awesome. But to do this I will have to have unlimited characters. Which brings me to the second con. The system is set up to send an email to the guest but because most of my emails generated in bookerville do not allow all the characters I need instead of sending the email to the guest I send it to myself and then attach the necessary documents to cover the rest of the information I was not able to cover in the template. It's my work around but it's not ideal. Ideally I could attached documents to the emails Im seding through bookerville directly to the guest.

Scott
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Bookerville is simple, straightforward software, perfect for the small vacation rental owner

Comments: My highest priorities are that the software:
* Has a great design and is straightforward to use
* Allows me to automate the end-to-end workflow process for bookings without a lot of fuss
* That I have confidence that the software is going to work without a lot of bugs, errors and workarounds
* If I get in a bind and need help, I will be able to contact the vendor and get the support I need
* Allows me to keep the investment in my existing web site
* The subscription and commission prices are not going to eat up all of my profits

Pros:

Bookerville is well-designed, intuitive and straightfoward. If you have even a rudimentary exposure to vacation rental software, Bookerville is a snap to learn and set up with an effective wizard to step you through. There is also thorough online user help text. The hands-on training required with other software vendors to set up and learn how to use is not really even needed here. None of the functions is overly-elaborate or fussy, yet it's simplicity allows for powerful custom usage to support odd, one-off reservations that you can still support in the system. Compared to other vendors, I found very few bugs in the software, everything appears to work. And if you do need help, the customer service has been top-notch. For time zone reasons, it was important to select a North American-based software company. I also felt that in these times of companies having their computers hacked, American companies are held to a higher security standard to ensure my data stays safe.

Cons:

No critical issues, but: The guest booking calendar does not automatically switch between desktop and mobile views (one workaround is to have a "change to mobile view" button). Bookerville's flexibility has a price, requiring extra time for data maintenance: * On other vendor software, to change the nightly rate for a range of dates, you simply change the rate on a line in the rate table. Bookerville allows mass-assigning nightly rates for a date range and it is assigned to each night, but the rate range is not remembered: If you have higher rates during a summer festival for example, you have to remember why the rates are higher for those nights. And if you apply new rates for a period but have rate exceptions within that period (July 4th in summer for instance) those rates are overwritten and have to be re-entered * Assigning min/max night stays works like assigning nightly rates * Managing guest data is only for each reservation. I cannot import a list of previous guests from my old software to keep their contact info in one place. * You can't flag guests who did not pay their bill or were rough on your property. And you can't categorize guests and market to them (email all military guests for Pearl Harbor Day for example) * You can specify other services to sell along with a night's stay, but you can't sell things without a room reservation and there is no "qty" field to sell more than one, so you can't sell logo products or gift cards.

Pam
Owner Manager in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Bookerville continues to provide an excellent product

Comments: Bookerville is my bridge between my 98% Airbnb bookings and those 2% long term returning guests. Bookerville allows me to keep my 2%'ers happy, offering them specific "coupons" and vacations without Airbnb's (necessary) fees. Bookerville also allows me to fully synchronize all of my calendar needs between Airbnb and Bookerville and scheduling needs for my cleaning staff.

Pros:

While Bookerville also works with larger vacation rental concerns they continue to offer a space for us smaller vacation rental proprietors. I have determined that Channel Managers are not yet able to handle proprietors who only manage one property. Bookerville however, continues to take care of our needs. Most important to me in that regard is the integration/synchronization with Airbnb. While Airbnb is a great advertising platform I have yet to see that their ability to coordinate all emails with cleaning staff and to some extent, guests, is comparable to what I am able to do with Bookerville. Customer support also continues to be solid with Bookerville. I have yet to submit an issue that has not been dealt with fairly quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons:

At this point I cannot think of another feature that could be added to Bookerville. Some times the year end reports do not seem to answer a question I might have for tax purposes. Perhaps I should submit a request!

Nance
SR SQL Developer in U.S.
Computer Software

Great web based Rental property management software - full featured and affordable !

Comments: I have been managing vacation and annual rentals for over 10 years. I have used several different software packages over the years, but when I needed to get a more mobile solution I went searching. (Side note - I am a software developer and if I had the time I would have written my own.) I found Bookerville and was intrigued with the easy to use interface. Then after the free 30 trial I bought it. I haven't been disappointed yet. The company support is outstanding. Bug issues are addressed promptly. Product enhancement requests are encouraged. What I love about it - it's very easy to get your properties setup and start scheduling your guests. It's also affordable, entry level costs with full features that you could pay so much more....I know I did it the hard way for too long, now I have automatic emails to guests, cleaning crews and owners, calendars that link to my listing site calendars, income and expense tracking, etc. There so many other features that I needed and it met the requirements. I highly recommend it, although to use all of the features will take some time to set up. The default email templates are ok to use and customizing them is simple. Online help is good, and the forums are helpful. Most set up questions have all been asked and answered and are available to review.

Pros:

It's web based, and affordable, exports to accounting programs, links to vacation rental listing site calendars. Has automated emails to guests, owners, and staff.

Cons:

Very little. The size of email template preview doesn't allow size change.

Debbie
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Time Saver! I can't imagine going back to the OLD way of managing our homes...

Comments: I was on the fence about getting software. I'd been doing fine via Word and manually inputting/adding/organizing everything myself for 10+ years on 2 properties. Was it going to be worth the additional cost yearly? Well I've had the software a year and would NOT want to be without it. Its such a time saver and as a mom of 3 who runs her own business that is worth its weight in GOLD! I love the simplicity. I love that everything looks professional. I LOVE the GATEWAY with PayPros/Authorize. I love that the info is in the cloud and no matter WHERE I am, I can access what I need. I just can't say enough. The price is perfect for us. We don't make a mint off our rentals and don't charge a fortune so I appreciate the pricing Bookerville offers. I'm still finding new things along the way with this software and each new discovery makes my life a little bit easier. I've had a few questions along the way and both times my questions were answered within 24 hrs. The videos have been helpful as well. I just did my quarterly taxes and WOW! So much easier inputting needed dates and pushing a button. Time Saver!!

Pros:

Ease of function. There is a small learning curve but not difficult even for my 48 year old brain. The videos and forum is helpful

Cons:

Not really a con but I do like how Airbnb treats its calendar. I like that they will block off a day prior or after every reservation for cleaning..etc automatically. As it is now in our 4 bdrm because I don't check-in a guest the day someone departs I have to manually block off that night as a maintenance booking so no one tries to book it.

Deborah
Managing Director in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Unbeatable compliment to any business. User for more than 4 years.

Comments: The main benefit of having this software is no need to employ additional staff, as the system does it all for you.

Pros:

This software grows with your business. The Owners and technical support is second to non. They are always willing to listen to new ideas & requests and always happy to work with you. The system is so easy to use and there is always help on hand if need be. Tons of customisable features with new ones being added all the time to keep up with the changing market place. Can be managed from any computer or mobile device with Internet access which is a must when chasing bookings in todays competitive market. Calendars can be easily synchronised with various Rental Portals, so your business is always up to date. Intergrates with various forms of Payment options. And so much more.

Cons:

There is really not much that is not to like about this software. Currently the Maintenance section is a work in progress which we are looking forward to testing.

Beverly
Owner in
Used the Software for: Not provided

THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE

Comments: First I must say that when I was searching for a booking engine there were many problems with other companies that would not work for my application. I am a Bed and Breakfast. A small property with only 4 rooms. This was a determining factor for my decision in choosing Bookerville.
I was offered a free month to see how it worked for me. I could not use it right away and my 30 days expired. John Amato extended my free trial happily. I have this software system for under a year now and with all the issues I have seen with regular email and other software, Bookerville overcame my expectations in a positive way.
Bookerville offers property breakdown, Custom option offerings to my guests that I can list for a fee or for free. I choose the PayPal option with the 50% deposit.There are many more ways I can use this software, but I do not at this time need to utilize them. I like to offer simple and basic information. Most guests that have tried this site in the beginning asked for me to help them. It was easy peasy for me to do what my guests needed. After a while my repeat guests have been able to book on their own.
There were 2 occasions that the time out was not understood by the guests and the reservation they were working on Timed Out. I called John Amato, the go guy I have always spoken to and emailed. He explained to me about the Time Out thing.
Then there was just recently where a frame was stuck and I emailed John Amato. He found this issue within minutes and corrected whatever it was. I have nothing but great things to say about Bookerville and the software that is offered at a very reasonable rate . What is great is if there is an issue John Amato deals with it quickly and correctly. John emails me and gives me direction on emails and tells me what the issue was and how to overcome it.
I had a past software issue with a different company that was so large that they let me wait 3 days before they got back to me since they did not have a phone number to reach them with. I lost business soI left them.
The 2 issues for my Bed and Breakfast is not a big problem, but John takes this seriously and I feel he goes all out to get the answer and fix the issue. Not hours but Minutes. No lost business or revenue.
Thank you John Amato and his team.
Salvatore R.
Hudson River Valley
New York

Kathy
U.S.
Hospitality, Self Employed

Excellent Product!

Comments: I have been using Bookerville since 2014 and I cannot say enough good things about the software, my workflow using their software and the customer service I receive. Bookerville allows as much or as little customization as you want for most templates. Automatized e-mails are easy to set up and safe me tons of time. I only have one property and I manage it myself, but I would hate to go back to doing it all without Bookerville! The only issue I have with the software is that setting the rates, length of stay and rules for check in days is always a bit cumbersome but I only do it once a year so it is no big deal. Customer service is fast and personalized and in the USA!

Pros:

flexibility to customize it to my exact needs for each booking if needed

Cons:

setting up the rates, length of stay and check in date restrictions - I only do it once a year so I have had to write instructions to remind myself of the steps involved - a bit cumbersome

Cheryl

Bookerville is the BEST!

Comments: GREAT

Pros:

I love the ease of using it. I test drove a few others before jumping on board w/ Bookerville in 2014. Changed my life & helped me grow my buisness. I get calls frequently trying to get me to leave & use someone else, but I am committed.

Cons:

I really don't have any negatives about this software.

Alternatives Considered: OwnerRez

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: Seem more user friendly

Patricia
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Best Option for the Money!!

Comments: It makes my Life easier

Pros:

Cost - great value! Features - - channel manager available - integrates a calendar and booking feature into my website - calendar sync - how to videos - easy to use - cleaners have access to their schedule on line

Cons:

- The software is set up for 90% of all properties. I've only got 5 properties but between my main 2, they sleep over 40 people. To keep these properties booked I base my rates on a few different features. My main Con, is on Guest count, in summer, my base rate is based on 22 or less on my larger property. In spring and fall, based on 18 or less, and winter 12 or less. Above those counts, there is a per person rate, summer, because of pool maintenance its higher , winter its less. Bookerville's allows me to set one guest count allowed under base rate and one rate per person per not above that. So the rates aren't as flexible as I'd like - its a bear setting up the Rental Agreement.. especially if you've got a detailed one... sleeping over 40 people, with pools, hot tubs, water front. - no phone # to call. Got a question, you'll email and get an answer, usually pretty quick. But is not always easy to explain the issue which kind of makes it difficult. - my cleaners have IPhones. The schedule is available in calendar form, but for the iPhone, it is not clear the exact check in or out dates. Even with these cons, the software is well worth it. The Pros far outweighs these and are some many features, I've still haven't begun to use.

Stephanie
Vice President in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Bookerville is a superior reservation software program. I highly recommend purchasing this program.

Comments: Reduced work load
Less scheduling errors
Easier payment features
Better able to advertise and synchronize calendars with other listing sites

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and update. The features with being able to synchronize calendar with Airbnb and other listing sights is very helpful. Our office staff had no problem learning the program and the technician support is excellent and they are terrific about adding new features and report functions that make our daily tasks more efficient. I am extremely thrilled about the work order feature and housekeeping applications that have been recently added. The staff at Bookerville are very competent and my vacation rental business with 65+ properties has had many daily tasks and functions made more efficient and productive since I have started using the Bookerville Reservation Software Program.

Cons:

I would like to see the owner statement reporting section with more features and capability and the software technicians at Bookerville have already provided feedback that they are going to be enhancing the reporting features.

Virginia
Virginia
landlord in U.S.
Real Estate, Self Employed

Very easy software

Comments: We as business owners saved a lot of time due to this automated booking system. Now we can spend more time with pampering guests.

Pros:

It syncs with other major websites and it is easy to understand. Rep answers all questions in a very timely manner and if there are suggestions then rep always has an open ear and tries to implement owners wishes. When I started using this system I was sacred that it would be too complicated, but it is easy and I have added more and more properties within the last years.

Cons:

I wished this booking system could summarize net rental values, at least I have not been able to get to those numbers or did not do it right, but it is important to have a recollection on what each rental brings in as net income. Otherwise, there is nothing I would change.

Kevin
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Great Software - Easy to use!

Comments: Very responsive and helpful with questions and enhancements.

Pros:

The product meets all of our needs. Our owners love it!

Cons:

Did not like the way pictures were handled, but the latest upgrade corrected that.

Pezula
Manager in South Africa
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Top Notch software

Comments: We have joined Bookerville 2018 and have not had any major software failure or crash of any sort, they are willing to make some adaptions for us as we are situated in South Africa and operate with a few differences to America accounting.

Pros:

The easy lay out and usage of this software

Cons:

Some info collected is not easily retrieved for record purposes

Alex

Easy and Intuitive Software

Comments: Bookerville customer care is very responsive. Excellent software!

Pros:

Easy to use and set up properties and integrate with channel managers such as Rentals United (which we use) and BookingPal. Lots of great functionality!

Cons:

Nothing - everything was easy to use compared to others

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Bookerville: Less expensive and easier to use and set up

Jeffrey
Manager in U.S.
Hospitality, Self Employed

The Clear Choice

Pros:

Bookerville does it all. It covers all of our needs for managing several vacation rental properties. It is reliable, effective and efficient. The integrations cover all of our needs for interacting with partner platforms from AirBnB to smart lock code management. The platform is thorough and well thought out and you absolutely can't beat the coverage of capabilities with exceptional capabilities for the value. One of the best things we experienced during our initial trial and over the past 14 months of use is the support. You won't find another platform where you can get a response within a short period of time from the platform developer when you can't solve it on your own using support boards.

Cons:

The UI and widgets are slightly dated but still easy enough to navigate and most importantly reliable.