Coupa Business Spend Management Reviews

About Coupa Business Spend Management

Coupa’s cloud native platform powers all the capabilities you need for Business Spend Management at scale.

Learn more about Coupa Business Spend Management

Pros:

Cons:

I cant seem to be able to edit items from a copied requistion when its a product already in the system catalog; thats a no brainier really.

Coupa Business Spend Management ratings

3.8
3.8
3.6
3.5

6.9/10

Coupa Business Spend Management has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 36 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Coupa Business Spend Management before?

Garth S.
Garth S.
Director of PRocurement in U.S.
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Things to be aware of for new users

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall my experience has been fantastic! I am beginning to get reporting at a detailed level that I've never had, I enjoy the audit trails and Audit oversights

Pros:

Super powerful package. We have a Procurement module, SIM (Supplier Information management), Sourcing, AI. This is an extremely powerful and well-orchestrated product. We had a very knowledgeable implementation team from Coupa which to really great job discovering on identifying what we needed due for the setup. We've been using this product now for about 4 months and now implementing a second affiliate company without much assistance from Coupa and it's going pretty well.

Cons:

Beware that systems integration is much more complex than anyone tells you it is. Its been four months since go-live, And we are still having problems with integrating to oracle. Some may read this review think that this is a problem with the implementer, some of it may be. Specifically, we are struggling with the supplier integration and though we have weekly calls, we are still having problems. So just wanted to be aware we were made to believe that Integrating was done all the time and has never been a problem

Eyüp Ö.
Industrial Engineer in Turkey
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Coupa EO

4 2 months ago

Comments: I can devote more time to other tasks because I create invoices more quickly.

Pros:

They are very good at billing. I think the security systems are also good

Cons:

It still has a lot of shortcomings in integration with some software. They need to fix these asap

David J.
VP in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Coupa is the worst software I have ever used

1 3 years ago

Pros:

Absolutely nothing. The software is the least institutive, user friendly I have ever used.

Cons:

Regardless of whether I am using expenses, requisitions or invoices, I have never been able to submit or save anything without having to get the finance team to perform magic in the background. The end user typically gets an error message "Please fix the errors below", but there are never any highlighted fields or errors displayed.

Shivam A.
Engineer II in U.S.
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Tool to Manage Purchase Orders

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall experience has been good. The vendor receives the purchase order once approved via email. Once the service has been received attaching the invoice and the closure procedure is easy as well.

Pros:

I have been using Coupa for 2+ years. Mainly use it to create Purchase Orders to vendors. Receive invoices from suppliers. The software has an inbuilt approval process to route Purchase Orders, vendor master service agreements. The software can be synced with Microsoft office which allows you to get notifications when a request is new your queue or the Purchase Order has been approved or denied. It also allows you to run queries to tabulate budgetary expenses and track historical expenditure. Creating a Purchase Requisition is fairly easy and straightforward.

Cons:

Coupa is very useful and easy to navigate but requires training to become proficient in the application. Suggestion is to create job aids/ training procedures which can be used as a reference guideline whenever needed specially for personnel not using the application too often.

Lynne F.
Executive Director in

Coupa's e-Procurement Solution Helps Students in Need

5 13 years ago

Comments: I highly recommend Coupa as an e-Procurement solution. Once you get the hang of it, it's really quite easy. And, once you do, your organization's work flow will be enhanced forever. The most amazing part is to be able to take immediate advantage of Coupa's incredible new features, such as iRequest. Coupa is not a static company, and they are constantly updating features. Coupa's team provides personalized service and lots of 'hand-holding'. They listen well to our needs. And, our students in need in the Washington, D.C. area are better served as a result Coupa has helped transformed us into a 21st century organization with streamlined operations that enable us to stretch our donor dollars and help more students in need.

Pros:

Neediest Kids is a nonprofit organization that works with 8 area school systems in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. We provide emergency funds to these school systems to purchase the basics - new clothes, school supplies, medical or dental care, eye exams and glasses, and more - so students (K-12) can stay in school and thrive. Coupa's system has moved Neediest Kids from a traditional paper-based system of authorizations and receipts with school professionals spending their own time to shop for items for their students in need. We operate now through a web-based process of issuing POs that go directly to vendors with products shipped directly to school professionals. Thus, we have efficient purchasing, streamlined requests to vendors, real-time product and budget tracking, invoice reconciliation, and more. It's fast...it's internet fast!

Cons:

There are always a few tweaks that could happen here and there, but we get 95% of what we need!

Billing in U.S.
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Coupa is a versatile platform for procurement as well as billing

4 3 years ago

Comments: This system works well and eliminates a lot of manual entry on the AP department.

Pros:

You can make it as formal or informal as you want. billing off of a PO is very simple

Cons:

sometimes the servers speed is an issue. it can take up to several minutes to process a single record.

Marsha L.
Cost Accounting Supervisor in
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

We should have done this years ago!

5 6 years ago

Comments: Our company was stuck in an antiquated paper-based system of tracking indirect spend. Originally it was fine, as managers were able to keep up with their approving responsibilities. As time went on and the company grew, managers backed off of this responsibility and invoices were coming in without any purchase orders, let alone signed ones. Time for a change. I researched many indirect spend, procure-to-pay software systems until we decided on Coupa. We are very happy with the program. Not only does it put the responsibilities back on the requestors and the approvers, we have opened up more time for our Accounts Payable Clerk to handle other meaningful tasks.

Pros:

Ease of use; supplier portal

Cons:

Currently the phone application does not allow a user to create a requisition

Tawanda S.
Tawanda S.
Sponsorship in Zimbabwe
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Supply chain solution that actually works

4 3 years ago

Comments: It has been a refreshing experience considering we were moving from a manual system. Procurement process has never been any simpler. I like that I can place my requisitions anytime and from anywhere! That I can track the approval flow is also a plus for Coupa

Pros:

Its flexible and has great availability Took lesser time to understand and get to using Mobile support is a good thing Customer support is great

Cons:

Personal Trainer/Group fitness instructor in U.S.

All purchases are placed through this system to deliver to accounting

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The Simplicity of entering items to be approved. The different areas are very self explanatory and it is easy to navigate through.

Cons:

Repetitiveness of entering information or submitting something. After entering all the information on one page it makes you re-approve on the next page. When adding another line to the items in cart, it makes you completely re-enter all information which is frustrating when the items are linked but may just be different in price.

Product Manager in U.S.
201-500 Employees

Most modern platform with some downfalls

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Modern and simple platform that blows most competition out of the water. Frequent releases and a good portal for customer suggestions and knowledge forums. Handles complex workflows and hierarchies relatively well.

Cons:

Their "super" search bar is terrible. Like, the worst search bar I've ever used. No matter how well we tagged items, it would never find them. It was basically useless. Thankfully our users primarily use punch-out catalog. They also don't support IF/THEN statements in much of the platform. That makes certain workflows impossible or extremely tedious.

Sean B.
FP&A Analyst in U.S.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Coupa Review

4 3 years ago

Comments: Great software for the end user and supplies but not for the admins.

Pros:

It is very easy for the end user and supplier to submit invoices. Suppliers are able to track the invoice process and payments. Helps reduce the time spent communicating with suppliers.

Cons:

Making changes are not easy. Adding custom fields and changing approval chains have not been easy to adjust.

Project Controls Specialist in U.S.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees

Bolt-On to NetSuite

4 3 years ago

Comments: Our business added it as a bolt-on to NetSuite, and a large selling point was the Sourcing package. Even though we cannot use the Sourcing module as it is, it has benefits of keeping the invoices and POs tied together and integrates well with NetSuite

Pros:

The mobile app is very convenient for our PMs in the field that need to review and approve POs and invoices remotely

Cons:

the Sourcing module is far to restrictive and cumbersome - it makes it harder for our vendors to submit quotes and there is now way for them to add options/alternatives to what we have asked them to quote

Siva K.
Solution Architect in U.S.

Intuitive and stream lined invoice automation

4 4 years ago

Pros:

With Coupa invoicing, your Account payables can handle less paper, reduce errors and decrease the invoice processing times drastically.With Coupa Invoicing, electronic invoices flow into the system from the suppliers, are automatically matched to a PO or contract (two-way or three-way matching), channeled for approval, and then routed for payment. The entire automated invoicing process is electronic for 100% accuracy. With Coupa invoicing one can Strengthen supplier relationships, use resources more effectively, capture early payment discounts, increase compliance, and reduce business risk. Suppliers will love Coupa, because they can monitor the status of their invoice online via a self service portal. There are multiple ways invoices will be processed in Coupa invoicing Viz via supplier portal, Emailed invoices to Accounts Payables etc. Coupa invoicing has automated invoice matching and tolerances capability, supplier actionable notifications, mobile friendly app.

Cons:

Coupa cannot handle accounting. It needs to be integrated with an accounting software or Enterprise Resource Planning tool.

Joshua V.
Director, Product Operations in U.S.

Review of Coupa Procurement

4 2 years ago

Comments: I've used Coupa for close to 5 years now. While the product provides a good value to it's primary functionality, the product lacks a level of polish to it. The navigation and processes to do specific steps feel clunky and not very smooth. I've looked for things only to ask Accounting where something is at because I simply can't find what I'm looking for.
While overall an ok to good piece of software there are pieces of it that make it time consuming to use and because of that I only use it when I absolutely have to.

Pros:

Pros of Coupa: - Allows process and systems to work through large purchases - Helps better keep track of the purchases needed for the company (whether they be large or small) - Ties the purchases to a PO for Accounting and Finance teams to keep track of.

Cons:

Cons of Coupa: - The usability of the product isn't polished. You can't find a submitted request easily to see who has the next step in the approval process - It's difficult to search for created items in Coupa - You end up searching for large amounts of time to do things in the product you need to complete but are not quite sure where those things you need to do are at.

Jessica L.
Facilities Coordinator in U.S.

Does what it needs to

4 4 years ago

Pros:

That i can use the punchouts to directly order rom stores that link to it. It makes it way easier and takes away other steps for me

Cons:

It's hard to search, right now i can't search to find items i have approved other than the administrator.

John O.
Business Systems Analyst in U.S.

Modern portal with some caveats

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Modern look and feel. Constantly updating the product. Lots of functionality related to end-to-end procurement. Some promising features in the upcoming road map.

Cons:

Rigid rules and hierarchy structure. No conditional logic support. Vendor overpromises, underdelivers. Universal search bar is terrible.

Ciedelle E.
IT Support Associate II in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Coupa makes business purchasing easy

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am satisfied with how coupa is used for B2B purchases and how most vendors is easily found when issuing the PO.

Pros:

I like how helpful the global search is and how integrated it is with specific punchout, also how easy it is to track and receive orders.

Cons:

Copying an order should allow punchout specific items to be automatically added to the requisition.

Brook K.
Sr. Purchasing & Procurement Specialist in U.S.
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

Just implementing this new system- it's nice to have a purchase to pay software.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Being able to Purchase and pay out of one system. Instead of using two systems that don't talk to each other.

Pros:

The Customer Support has been wonderful so far. They always get answers right back to you and walk us through suggested options to try. Every time we have any kind of question they know the answer right away. There is never a wait time.

Cons:

It hasn't been the most intuitive. Hence, why we use the Customer Support so often. I wish it was a little more user friendly.

Andrew Z.
Content Development in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Spend Management made amazing, and visible, and in control.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It makes it so easy to get approvals and keep track of our current contractors. The value in time saved is more than enough to justify switching over to Coupa. Having a user oriented platform just makes the system work much quicker than it did with our previous platform.

Cons:

Implementation can take some extra hours, and sometimes customer service tickets require a lot more explanation and follow up than I wanted to invest.

Erika A.
Product Development and Procurement in U.S.
Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Comprehensive and easy to use

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Coupa makes the RFx process faster, easier, and more objective, thus yielding better results.

Pros:

Coupa’s ability to take inputs in any form (question, statement, text, numeric, percentages, etc) and track and compare them is incredibly useful for the bidding process.

Cons:

Having to delete a bid or item field, without the ability to edit them in the template, is more cumbersome than necessary.

Samantha G.
admin asst in U.S.

Invoicing for railroad

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It is easy to search for previously entered invoices using our invoice number. It shows the status of an invoice

Cons:

If an invoice is disputed, it is hard to delete it. We have also submitted invoices for approval and the approver never received.

Empiria
Used the Software for: Not provided

A quick and easy way for me to manage travel expenses!

5 8 years ago

Comments: TripScanner has been an excellent way for me to help manage my company's travel expenses and policies. I've been using TripScanner for a few months and am impressed by the comprehensive reporting and ease of use. I previously had some issues with high travel costs caused by employees not adhering to our policies, but now I receive real time alerts if they go out of policy and can correct the situation immediately. Also with the Low-Price Scanner feature we have been able to spot deals and save money on hotels.

Pros:

Quick and easy to setup. Real time reporting. Very easy for my employees to use.

Scott C.
Procurement Manager in U.S.

Best in Breed

5 6 years ago

Comments: Easily one of the most user friendly P2P systems on the market. If you're looking for high adoption rates from your user group, this is the tool for you. The platform is highly, yet easily configurable regardless of the industry you're in (Grocery Retail for me). Majority of the configuration is done through CSV files by the on-site Admin so there's little downtime in waiting for your off-site service provider to add items, build vendors, perform system maintenance. Con is that you need a stable ERP to really take advantage of all of the functions.

Darrel K.
Director, Central Purchasing in

St Louis Archdiocese

5 13 years ago

Comments: I would strongly recommend including Coupa when you evaluate e-procurement systems for your organization.

Pros:

Coupa has helped to transform the St Louis Archdiocese to a more streamlined process. The Coupa tool is easy to use, streamlines the procurement process and eliminates the paper flow that was slowing down invoice payment.Coupa was also easy to implement when compare to other e-procurement tools.

Cons:

No cons to report. Coupa has exceeded our expectations.

Charles S.
Consultant in

Implementation of COUPA in Biotech Environment

4 13 years ago

Comments: Worth the money for the amount of time and energy that this system saves any small to medium sized organization.

Pros:

Very helpful in small dynamic start-up environment. Alleviates headaches of ordering, receiving, and AP. Scientists can concentrate on their labwork instead of worrying about whether something has been ordered. Easy to use. Customer Service is quick and helpful.

Cons:

System could be more customizable