15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Coupa

Coupa’s cloud native platform powers all the capabilities you need for Business Spend Management at scale.

Learn more about Coupa

Pros:

The software is easy to use, offers detailed analytics and can be integrated with other business tools.

Cons:

There are a lot of email notifications that are sent out, which can sometimes cause confusion.

Coupa ratings

7.2/10

Coupa has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 95 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Coupa before?

Garth
Garth
Director of PRocurement in US
Media Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Things to be aware of for new users

Comments: Overall my experience has been fantastic! I am beginning to get reporting at a detailed level that I've never had, I enjoy the audit trails and Audit oversights

Pros:

Super powerful package. We have a Procurement module, SIM (Supplier Information management), Sourcing, AI. This is an extremely powerful and well-orchestrated product. We had a very knowledgeable implementation team from Coupa which to really great job discovering on identifying what we needed due for the setup. We've been using this product now for about 4 months and now implementing a second affiliate company without much assistance from Coupa and it's going pretty well.

Cons:

Beware that systems integration is much more complex than anyone tells you it is. Its been four months since go-live, And we are still having problems with integrating to oracle. Some may read this review think that this is a problem with the implementer, some of it may be. Specifically, we are struggling with the supplier integration and though we have weekly calls, we are still having problems. So just wanted to be aware we were made to believe that Integrating was done all the time and has never been a problem

Fabio
Fabio
Procurement Supervisor in Brazil
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Should be better

Comments: This platform should be better considering all the investment and is an expensive tool for companies, so you spend more time to do the right thing once.

Pros:

It is a good platform to help companies to buy products and services. The idea is to faster the relation between companies (B2B).

Cons:

It is not a friendly platform for the user, it is full os details and does not allows mistakes, I mean if you start a process with some information and you have to change it, you would take some time to do that.

Ma. Rosalie
Accounts Payable Specialist in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Coupa is a highly customizable system

5.0 last month New

Pros:

You can easily navigate the application since it interface is simple and understandable. You can customize the application based on what you want the results to be. Coupa can be integrated to a different application depending on business need. Very minimal lag time.

Cons:

Integration of documents to Coupa needs more improvement as there are limitations on the type of file that can be uploaded such as zipped files.

Julie
AR Admin. in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

AR Invoicing

3.0 last month New

Comments: It is mostly easy to use, but some features can be a little more complex and can cause use to be a little harder.

Pros:

Being able to manage more than one vendor/customer within the system.

Cons:

Not having a more updated Courier list for shipment tracking. We use TForce Freight and Old Dominion Freight frequently but they are not options on the drop down list. So, we get a lot of disputed invoices due to not having proof of delivery.

Alvina
Rko in Philippines
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Convenient

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

All feature on this application is very useful and manageable

Cons:

Nothing because its friendly user application

Eyüp
Industrial Engineer in Türkiye
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Coupa EO

Comments: I can devote more time to other tasks because I create invoices more quickly.

Pros:

They are very good at billing. I think the security systems are also good

Cons:

It still has a lot of shortcomings in integration with some software. They need to fix these asap

Tawanda
Tawanda
Sponsorship in Zimbabwe
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Supply chain solution that actually works

Comments: It has been a refreshing experience considering we were moving from a manual system. Procurement process has never been any simpler. I like that I can place my requisitions anytime and from anywhere! That I can track the approval flow is also a plus for Coupa

Pros:

Its flexible and has great availability Took lesser time to understand and get to using Mobile support is a good thing Customer support is great

Cons:

I cant seem to be able to edit items from a copied requistion when its a product already in the system catalog; thats a no brainier really

Amadeusz
Amadeusz
Project manager in Poland
Cosmetics, 10,000+ Employees

Necessity in corpo

Pros:

Looks nice, after initial configuration quite easy to use when you repeat actions

Cons:

Hard to do new things, not intuitive, sometimes you can't do something but UX doesn't tell you why

Oliver
Market Research Manager in UK
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Does a job

Pros:

Helps link employees with the financial department when processing invoices.

Cons:

It's not very intuitive to use and can be quite difficult to understand what to enter if you're only an occasional user.

Brittany
Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

Invoice management platform

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It is pretty easy to search through past invoices and drill down for more information.

Cons:

The interface feels pretty simple, and I’m not sure how much customization is available.

Nicholas
Network Administrator in Canada
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Coupa Expenses makes paper receipts obsolete

Pros:

So often employees loose paper receipts and just give estimates of their expenses. This creates difficulties for the accounting department that needs to track these expenses and their related taxes accurately. Coupa Expenses allows your employees to take pictures of these expenses as they are incurred so they cannot be lost of forgotten. All of this is delivered with an easy to use Android or Iphone app as well as a full featured web client.

Cons:

It sometimes gets tedious filling out the same options on every single expense, these should be caches so they do not need to be selected each time. The web client interface is sometimes a little clumsy.

Rohit
Project Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Coupa - Best for your Business

Comments: Overall experience is good with Coupa Support and must be recommended.

Pros:

I have used Coupa Software for Supplier/Vendor management and Purchasing modules. i have found this software easy in use and give flexibility to do customization as per business requirements.

Cons:

The Customer Support needs to be improved. On raising incidents for issue we need to do multiple followups.

Jessie
Coordinator in US
Philanthropy, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for Accounts Payable Team

Pros:

This piece of software has streamlined so many of our organizations processes. It connects with personal purchasing cards as well as invoicing for vendors.

Cons:

I wish this software had the ability to allow property managers to see their vendors invoices on a regular basis without having to pay extra for a user license.

Archit
Senior Solution Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Coupa wholesome solution for P2P requirement

Pros:

It has some world class source to pay off the shelf module which are easy to deploy in any environment.

Cons:

Inventory Management module is still can be improved with real time management systems.

Business Systems Analyst in US

Modern portal with some caveats

Pros:

Modern look and feel. Constantly updating the product. Lots of functionality related to end-to-end procurement. Some promising features in the upcoming road map.

Cons:

Rigid rules and hierarchy structure. No conditional logic support. Vendor overpromises, underdelivers. Universal search bar is terrible.

Shane
Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Expense Tool

Comments: Coupa allows us to be transparent with our expenses and make sure expenses go through the appropriate approval channels are are charged against the appropriate cost centers.

Pros:

As a member of the finance team this is a useful too that helps us track expenses and make sure that we are charging to the correct cost centers. The approval process is also very helpful.

Cons:

I honestly don't have many complaints based on its usage. It's an intuitive tool and most issues that I come across are user error.

Arturo
Director of Supply Management in US
Military, 51–200 Employees

AV CED assessement

Comments: They are a formal and professional firm, bringing the subject matter expert depending on the topic. And good follow up on topics and meeting.

Pros:

SO far their attention to detail and system capabilities.

Cons:

Unaware, but I am sure I will identify them.

Brook
Sr. Purchasing & Procurement Specialist in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Just implementing this new system- it's nice to have a purchase to pay software.

Comments: Being able to Purchase and pay out of one system. Instead of using two systems that don't talk to each other.

Pros:

The Customer Support has been wonderful so far. They always get answers right back to you and walk us through suggested options to try. Every time we have any kind of question they know the answer right away. There is never a wait time.

Cons:

It hasn't been the most intuitive. Hence, why we use the Customer Support so often. I wish it was a little more user friendly.

Nathalie
Broker Assistant in US
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees

I love Coupa and you will too

Pros:

I love that this is a comprehensive solution for all supply chain needs.

Cons:

What is there to dislike about Coupa? Nothing! This is everything we need in one system.

Samantha
admin asst in US

Invoicing for railroad

Pros:

It is easy to search for previously entered invoices using our invoice number. It shows the status of an invoice

Cons:

If an invoice is disputed, it is hard to delete it. We have also submitted invoices for approval and the approver never received.

Breann
Financial Analyst
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Coupa Expense Reporting Review

Pros:

I love the wallet feature used to attach receipts to purchases, and the app makes approving expense reports so easy!

Cons:

As with any new product, the setup and end user training can be very time consuming. I also dislike the per-diem function and hope to see improvements with the functionality.

Empiria
Used the Software for: Not provided

A quick and easy way for me to manage travel expenses!

Comments: TripScanner has been an excellent way for me to help manage my company's travel expenses and policies. I've been using TripScanner for a few months and am impressed by the comprehensive reporting and ease of use. I previously had some issues with high travel costs caused by employees not adhering to our policies, but now I receive real time alerts if they go out of policy and can correct the situation immediately. Also with the Low-Price Scanner feature we have been able to spot deals and save money on hotels.

Pros:

Quick and easy to setup. Real time reporting. Very easy for my employees to use.

Jim
SVP-Healthcare Practice Leader in US
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WORST SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND I HAVE USED IN OVER 30 YEARS!!!

Comments: I ONLY GIVE IT A "1" BECAUSE "0" IS NOT AN AVAILABLE OPTION.

Pros:

NONE! LITERALLY; THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A SINGLE FEATURE TO POINT TO AND SAY THAT IS EVEN ACCEPTABLE.

Cons:

CLUNKY, CUMBERSOME BEYOND ANYTHING IN THIS CATEGORY I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN 30 YEARS. PASSWORD FAILS EVERY SINGLE TIME, HAVE TO RESET FOR EVERY LOGIN, THEN IMMEDIATELY FAILS ON FIRST ATTEMPT FOR EXCESSIVE FAILED ATTEMPTS!!!!!

Nicholas
EHS Manager in US
Environmental Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great Software but could be improved

Comments: I have not had many issues in filling out expense reports.

Pros:

Filling out expense reports is pretty easy. I like that the account numbers will save for each expense line.

Cons:

The scores that are assigned to an expense report seem to be arbitrary. It will list things you can do to improve your report but they are very general.

kathy
senior applications manager in US
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Coupa

Comments: Overall Coupa is user friendly and easy to sue. Their customer service is easy to deal with.

Pros:

As a user, Coupa is a good software. We are able to track invoices and process payments as needed with ease. It does what you need it to do for filing and submitting expenses. Payment procedures are easy to use. The software has a mobile app is also great to have on the road.

Cons:

There is not much negativity with Coupa. However, there can be server speed issues. The mobile app can tend to be also slow but it is doable.