15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Eventbrite

Eventbrite provides cost-effective, innovative registration software to help businesses set up, manage, and sell out events online.

Learn more about Eventbrite

Pros:

Eventbrite has been a great tool for sourcing networking events or when looking for training opportunities within the community.

Cons:

The lack of customer service accessibility. No email, no phone number no chat window.

Eventbrite ratings

4.6
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Eventbrite has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 5,113 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Eventbrite before?

Filter reviews (5,113)

Nabil
Nabil
Sr. Technical Computing Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Proven tool to organize your events.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: A single application that provides access to the registration of an unlimited number of events.

Pros:

It's one of the popular tools for providing event registration and management, in addition, it includes information about events that match the user's interest.

Cons:

As a user of Eventbrite for several years, I haven't experienced any negative issues that can change my opinion about the application.

Cori
Office Admin in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Eventbrite is for Everyone in Event Management

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Eventbrite was an invaluable tool for me as an event organizer. Its user-friendly interface, event promotion tools, event management capabilities, and excellent customer support make it my go-to platform for all my event planning needs. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to host successful events with ease.

Pros:

Eventbrite has all the tools I need to streamline my planning process. Plus, the ability to check in attendees.

Cons:

The cost has gone up, and it makes it less affordable for small businesses.

Zacharoula
Digital Marketer in Netherlands
Management Consulting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use tool

3.0 last month New

Pros:

robust analytics, customizable registration forms, and a user-friendly interface for event management.

Cons:

limited email template customization, lack of advanced reporting tools, and inflexible branding options.

Carolyn
President in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Used to be good, now to expensive

Comments: Would have stayed with it had the costs not increased so dramatically last year.

Pros:

Clear, modern, visually appealing. Easy for customers to use!

Cons:

The cost has gone up so much that it's not accessible. The reporting and planning of multiple date events is a little frustrating.

Gerald
Scriptwriter in Canada
Entertainment, Self Employed

Great way to learn about events in my city and around continent

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Good portal for buying tickets or getting free tickets for events that are free. Great that it notifies me of interesting zoom lectures, tours, etc. I would not have known of or been able to attend because of being in another location.

Pros:

Eventbrite does a good job of notifying me of events that relate to myself and my work. Eventbrite is used regularly for ticketing in local events and it does a very good job. I've never had a problem. What I like about Eventbrite is it regularly notifies me of events, especially lectures, that relate to my work as a scriptwriter. In this zoom age, most of these events are available remotely so I can attend events in other cities. One example. As I scriptwriter I have often written horror material for networks like Showtime and Nickleodeon, and horror feature films. Eventbrite notified me of a zoom lecture in the Detroit Public Library of a talk by a very articulate professor about the history of Black Horror Cinema. Without Eventbrite I would never have know about that event. I've had other fortunate connections like that through Eventbrite including guided tours of graffiti in inner city neighborhoods, another topic of interest that I've incorporated in my own scripts.

Cons:

Eventbrite's e-mail notifications are great but there are a lot of events listed. Some appeal directly to me but many don't. So one has to have a bit of patience to sort through what's on offer that might be of interest to me. A bit better curation might help.

Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Awesome service, great for small companies

Pros:

We liked how easy it was to set up events for SMR. The company created multiple conferences for Crypto events.

Cons:

It was hard to do integrations with Meta, we couldn't track conversions that easily, and there's no agency account type for us to manage portfolios.

Technical lead in India
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Harnessing Insights with Google Analytics

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

During a live campaign, I could see how visitors interacted with our site and adjust our strategy immediately for better results.

Cons:

I found it challenging to filter through the data to find the specific insights I needed.

Joseph
Joseph
Building Inspector in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Eventbrite connects me to my customers

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Eventbrite is a reliable platform that I use to connect my content to my customers. I know that if I need to get people to assemble online or in person to attend an event and consume my content, Eventbrite will serve my needs.

Cons:

For a smaller event, it is a little harder to use. But with anything of size, it works great.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Lead developer in Mexico
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Easy to set up and use.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great, as a user and customer, both easy and very seamlees tu use.

Pros:

As a user and also having set up my own events, having used eventbrite to do so, I would say is the best event manager out there. As a User: Getting into any event is very easy to do, it also has a great network where you can scroll other events near you. As a Client: As a client using Eventbrite is easy, the whole process is very intuitive and you have many tools to track your audience and ticketing.

Cons:

The only Con I would say is the lack of customization for your event landing page.

Joe
Joe
Co-Owner in US

This Product Is Phenomenal For My Organization

5.0 last month New

Comments: Absolutely exceptional. I encourage everyone to use Eventbrite.

Pros:

As the owner of a non-profit, finances are important. I use Eventbrite to serve my community for ticket sales for events and comedy shows. I have never had a single issue or dissatisfied community member.

Cons:

Nothing. I couldn't accomplish much without Eventbrite.

E-Learning, Self Employed

Great option, depending on your needs!

Comments: I am very pleased with the services provided with Eventbrite. It streamlines and centralizes so many processes involved in planning a conference. It also helps us keep on track, advertise with social media, and track data on attendees. It's an incredible option worth considering, especially if you are hosting/leading a free event.

Pros:

Eventbrite is an incredible platform for managing events and conferences. Here are a few reasons you'll enjoy it: - It's extremely user-friendly. Of course basic, background tech skills are helpful, but it's easy to get up and going and learn to navigate. - Similarly, the user interface is nicely designed. Nothing tricky or odd in my opinion - the webpage design just makes sense. - You can use it across multiple types of devices - not just limited to your laptop. - As long as your event is free, you can use Eventbrite for free - that's pretty incredible. - The web platform has always been quick and responsive with no glitches/errors. - It integrates seamlessly with many other platforms that you may be using when organizing an event (Sched, social media, etc.). This is great for promoting! - There are lots of customization features. I feel like I've only scratched the surface with all that's available. - Effortlessly creates scanning systems for participants. - Although not as powerful as the website, there is a mobile version that is growing with features. - I just love that Eventbrite streamlines so many things for me. Instead of having to jump between multiple tools/platforms for multiple purposes, Eventbrite centralizes a lot involved in our process.

Cons:

I have very little to complain about with this platform, but I do think there is room for improvement with customer support. There response time was good, but could improve. It might be helpful to build out a better FAQ or help system in the website, since there isn't a lot of blogs or help available from other sources. Next, we offer a free event for educators, but I think the service charge would be expensive and cut into profits if our event was a paid conference.

Ron
COO in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Fast Event Planning and Management

Comments: The actual event turned out to be a big success. Eventbrite played a key role in that success. I would definitely consider Eventbrite for future events.

Pros:

Eventbrite is easy to understand and use. The feature-set is not too broad so it's easy to quickly understand everything they offer. I was able to quickly wrap my mind around its scope and deploy an event. I appreciated how easy it was to setup a website for reservations and payment. Although I did not have alot of design options for the payment and reservation pages, the pages were streamlined and worked well. I was able to find good third-party support for lanyards and printed name badges. Being able to sell tickets at the entrance was a nice feature as well. Pricing felt right. I received good value for the money I spent.

Cons:

I did not have alot of design flexibility for the payment and reservation pages. I pretty much had to stick with their default template that makes all Eventbrite sites look the same. The event management UI was slow and awkward to use. I did have a couple of periods of site outage that caused me some pain.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Truly the best event ticketing software out there.

Comments: I'm so glad to be able to continue using Eventbrite. The value for the product is really exceptional. I'd especially recommend to nonprofit users who produce live event programming.

Pros:

There's something about the Eventbrite platform that feels particularly inclusive. I really like how customizable it is, and it's easy to train on. I'm also a big fan of their reporting and analytics.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about this particular software. I've never experienced an issue while using it. I'd say it would be great if Eventbrite had more software integrations.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Eventbrite top event management and ticketing website

Comments: Eventbrite free conference management software provides easy access to your ticket
Eventbrite provides best -in -class conference management software. It powers your events with data insights, built-in-intelligence and next generation marketing tools

Pros:

Eventbrite brings people together through live experience.. Eventbrite enables anyone to create, promote, and sell tickets to any event. It is global self service ticketing and experience technology platform

Cons:

It is easy easy to use and it makes your event a success. Eventbrite provides the best online event management.

Heathere
Assistant manager in US
Entertainment, 201–500 Employees

Eventbrite tickets are amazing

Comments: We have premiere movies and events twice a month. Without eventbrite we'd have customers standing in line for hours waiting to buy tickets, or redeem tickets. With the help of eventbrite our lines stay flowing quickly and efficiently.

Pros:

I love this software because regardless of what event or premiere we have, it's so easy to go online and set up the ticket sales. It's super affordable and easy to get paid. It makes it so much easier on all of our employees and customers too.

Cons:

There's nothing I dislike about the product. They have been amazing so far.

Crystal
Board President in US

Awesome platform

Pros:

Best event management platform with LOTS of flexibility! I can create all kinds of ticketing and promo code options. I love that I can manually add attendees who are complimentary or paid outside the platform.

Cons:

I WISH there was a feature that allowed to me easily BULK add attendees. While I love the fact that I can add attendees manually, the fact that the platform doesn't allow for bulk attendee uploads is a blackeye IMHO.

Sophia
Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Eventbrite Review from Sophia

Comments: Overall great. We manage registration for events and set up notifications, pricing, and promo codes.

Pros:

I feel it is relatively user friendly to set up events & then manage notifications.

Cons:

The place to put the promo code is not easy to find and we often get questions about this. Also I wish fees could be refunded for folks no longer interested in taking the trainings/ classes.

Janosch
Janosch
Human Resources Consultant in Germany
Internet, 51–200 Employees

State of the Art Event management

Comments: The event I attended which was managed via Eventbrite hat serval hundred attendees. From a visitors perspective anything worked flawlessly and smooth. The event I set up was a lot smaller but also worked out great from an organizers point of view. I am confident Eventbrite played a central role to this as it streamlined the organisation and the preparation as well as positively supported the execution of the events. Eventbrite is a modern, fast and anticipating web application that is easy to use and works for teams colaborating in organizing small and obviously medium to large sized events. It also funnels some of your more exotic ideas about how your event should work down a reasonable lane, which is healthy, es pecially for newcomers and the less experienced. I simply can recommend Eventbrite and will use it again for our followup event(s) in 2019.

Pros:

I used Eventbrite a couple of times when booking events for myself or colleagues. It was simple, easy, had the information I was looking for where I expected it to be and all (comprehensive) steps that led me through researching the event (MTP Hamburg) to choosing what I specifically wanted to finalizing booking completely without any hassle. A while later I had to organize an Event myself and remembered my positive experience as a user, which I wanted to provide to attendees of my event as well. It was then, that I realized how much this has to do with the way you setup an event from inside Eventbrite. There is a verry good guide for setting up events and a step by step tour for beginners. There also are recommendations about what to do when and what information might be expected by potential attendees. I liked the basic support which was included as a beginner. Also, there are areas where Eventbrite clearly draws a line regarding its functionalities and forwards you to connected third party services (as for example if you want super fancy badges or have more esoteric data mining procedures in mind regarding your attendees data). As a newbie to event management AND Eventbrite in particular I was also happy about the broad spectrum of FAQ and help videos. I was very happy to be supplied with a solution that provided me with high quality, easy to use features and was free to use for my non-profit event on top of it.

Cons:

Speaking of FAQ and learning how to use Eventbrite it is true that there is a lot of material available online. Sadly there is also light and shadow to this. Some of the explanations I found online were clearly dated and others did either not cover the specifics of the topic I needed (recommendation / invitation based multi stepp application requests) or referred to things which had been changed in the past. Also the Options for the design and look of the Event Homepage were limited. These aren't necessarily bad things only. BEing forced to stay with a simple (but still beautiful) Layout as well as required to go with a simpler application process then I imagined in the end turned out to be good as it simplified things and allowed me to concentrate on matters more central to the event I was planning. It just needed some letting go first and willingness to do it differently than I first had imagined.

Sydney
Programs Manager in US

Straightforward and Easy to use

Comments: I use it daily to either create events, check attendance numbers, send emails to attendees, and literally so much more, and I'm so comfortable and content with the abilities of the site that I've never even considered jumping ship to one of their competitors!

Pros:

It's so quick to build an event page and start selling tickets. We are a primarily events-based membership organization, and the ability to specify ticket types, and create specific questions depending on ticket type has been integral for our organization.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to group ticket types, so you could have a total cap on specific ticket types (for example, three ticket types that are all in person and have a total cap of 50, while allowing virtual tickets to sell an unlimited number of times). This would make the system literally perfect for our company, but instead we have to manually check to make sure those numbers aren't too low or too high.

atitaya
md/clinic owner/volunteer chess coach in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Amazing scheduling/event software...with the caveat that these ratings are for a very specific niche

Comments: Overall it was an amazing experience. We registered 100-125 participants with 10 pieces of mandatory information (it was a chess tournament so school, grade, level, rating, uscf id, address, phone number, cc number, child's name, parent's name). Parents found the form and payment incredibly easy to complete. The email confirmation is a nice feature. The nature of a chess tournament is that you have to register and check-in 100-125 participants in about 30 minutes on the day of the event, and have the information fields loaded into your system the night before. Eventbrite was a perfect solution for this scenario. Free-templated website builders tend to limit the number of data fields you can collect and hiring someone was not an economical or efficient option. The record of payment and list of participants was also helpful.
Setting up the first Eventbrite event was moderately time-consuming and not the easiest to get the appearance as one would like...but with some tinkering it proved to be great. Once the first event was formatted...the other 2 events we hosted were super easy to replicate

Pros:

Eventbrite does a fantastic job of making itself accessible to users attending your event...and it helps tremendously with signing up a large number of participants and collecting fees. As a volunteer chess coach I was able to use Eventbrite in place of designing a website, and buying a credit card reader or square type solution. We successfully hosted three 100-125 person events (chess tournaments) and it was an amazing...5 star out of 5 star application for that size event and that frequency.

Cons:

The cost (cut that Eventbrite takes out) is high. If you are running a low volume (less than 50) event...I would recommend using the free version of Eventbrite for sign up and just collect the money onsite. If you are doing a higher volume event I would recommend either hiring a helper to collect the money and invest in a square reader (or if frequent events...maybe even look into website design with payment acceptance built in). For my particular event...more information fields were needed than what free template websites allow...and Eventbrite was fantastic at being able to accommodate those needs. I love everything about the way Eventbrite works...but be careful on the cost analysis side. For us...it was the most economic/efficient way for one person to register 100-125 participants efficiently. Plan for a close to 14%-18% cut...so the efficiency and convenience that Eventbrite provides has to be worth that percentage. For my particular situation...it absolutely was.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A solid simple event registration platform

Comments: This is a great solution for simple, straightforward events without too many options. Once you get a lot of different sessions or tracks and registration types, it either can't accommodate or becomes very complicated to manage. Like other tools of this nature, there is a bit of a generic feel to it but that is the compromise for a widely accepted overall, plug and play software. It is effective but there are other solutions that are similar or easier to use and offer more customization options. It is highly likely that we will replace this software with something else in the near future.

Pros:

Eventbrite is fairly simple to use and has most the features you would want laid out so you can build an event registration form in steps. Once you set up your account(s) if you are accepting payments, it is straightforward to duplicate events to make new ones as long as they require similar details. There are custom fields you can create with logic behind them so different users may have different options depending on the access you choose for them. There are also ways to create discount codes or hidden fields with different levels of access. This is very useful when you have tired pricing at events and variable discounts to various groups.

Cons:

A lot of the settings are in places that don't make much sense and you have to go to completely different sections of the admin section to find settings that you would think are closely related to each other. Some of the features are on by default and you might never notice them until after your event registration has launched. Even though most the settings are easy to change, you basically have to go over every tab, page and setting to be sure they are all correct before you launch your campaign. When you use the custom data fields and discount features, it isn't immediately clear how it all works and again, you need to go to a couple different pages to get them set up properly so it takes some trial and error.

Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Great functionality, amazing when listing free events, fees are a bit expensive for paid events

Comments: I organise a lot of professional networking events, some are free and some are paid for. Eventbrite offers me all the functionality I need to organise my event. I used Picatic until Eventbrite recently acquired Picatic. However, customer support from Eventbrite is very difficult, if not existent. So if you have a question not answered by the standard FAQ, such as, "Since Eventbrite acquired Picatic, how I can access my previous/ currently live events"?, the only way I could find customer support was by tweeting Eventbrite. So, Eventbrite is great if you can self-service and publish free events, but once you have quirky questions, be prepared that it will be difficult to establish contact to a human person who can answer.

Pros:

Eventbrite has lots of functionality that you will need when organising and managing an event. It is very easy to use, plus it can integrate with other apps such as Mailchimp which comes in handy when broadcasting an event and Surveymonkey which comes in handy to send out feedback forms post an event. The back office functionality is great too -- you can email invitations directly without using Mailchimp if you wanted to. For users, it's easy and simple to register, plus Eventbrite offers a secure online payment option which is hassle free for both organiser and attendee.

Cons:

2 things that I like the least about Eventbrite are: 1) Non-existent customer service. One of the reasons why I used Picatic (which they have now bought!) was due to their great customer service. You can chat with a real person who can help you with some of the questions which are not answered in their FAQs. 2) They're great if you have a free event, but if you have a paid event, their transaction fees are one of the highest in the market.

Lyndsay
Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Several Pros and Cons

Comments: Eventbrite helped me get my registration online. It served its purpose but after researching other systems, I now see how much Eventbrite's limitations cost me in time and money. Eventbrite is good if you're selling one general thing but beyond that it gets complicated. They did deposit my appropriate funds when expected.

Pros:

I like that families were able to register for several different classes. I liked the ease of adding custom questions allowing me to gather the exact information I needed. Customer support did respond in a timely manner every time I needed them.

Cons:

My biggest complaint is they changed the software without notifying me therefore I was not able to sell my products for over a week. I found out by accident. There was not any easy way to solve the problem. I was told to start my entire set up over again. The technology available was poor. Customer support had very little regard and/or value of my time and ability to use their product. It was confusing for my users to use the system from their end. It was common for people to register wrong. Pulling reports was cumbersome. For example, I could not pull a report of everyone who had purchased a certain product. I reached out to customer support and was told it wasn't possible. Once again. poor technology.

Abigail
Abigail
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
, 51–200 Employees

Free platform for nonprofits to utilize

Comments: Eventbrite is free for free events, easy to set up and looks professional.

Pros:

I work at a nonprofit with a small marketing staff. Before using Eventbrite, we were building our events on our website which looked awful and dull. It would take a lot of time for not much reward. With Eventbrite, I can create a basic event in a matter of a few minutes. I can make it private or public to be shared with the Eventbrite community. Best of all, most of our events are free to enter, which means it's free to post them on Eventbrite. It's easy to check attendees in at the door, download reports, and communicate last-minute messages with registrants. Eventbrite is a great tool more companies should take advantage of.

Cons:

In some instances, we've held events that require many conditional questions to be completed during registration. Unfortunately, Eventbrite doesn't allow the function of complex, conditional questions, which can really slow down the registration process. On the backend, the menu names aren't the most intuitive. There are certain functions that are difficult to find, such as where to cancel an order, but after expanding each sidebar menu, you can usually find which what you need. My biggest pet peeve with Eventbrite is that if you create an event that takes place more then five weeks away, ticket sales will automatically be set to end in five weeks from that date, regardless of when your event takes place. There have been many times when I've forgotten to change this default date and received complaints of ticket sales being closed weeks prior to an event. I wish Eventbrite would make the default date the date of the event.

Bryan
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Awesome Stuff

Comments: What do you like best?
If you know what you like and you choose your interests accordingly, the recommendations are always spot on. It's hard not to find something that would interest you and there are always lots of free events. I had to download the app before I moved to Glasgow because I bought a conference ticket through Eventbrite, but then I started to tinker with it out of curiosity and it quickly became a very useful tool. I was new in the city and it quickly exposed me to a lot of stuff I wouldn't have known about otherwise, I even managed to sneak into an Industry Day type event only older students were supposed to know about (and it was great, by the way).
What do you dislike?
I can't think about any major things I disliked about this service. There used to be some synchronisation issues between what I was doing on my laptop and what I was doing on the Android app, but they seem to be gone now. Not being able to see your own location when you click on the map is mildly inconvenient if you're in a hurry, but most of the time I add the events to my planner in advance and just clicking on the location I typed in there will take me to Google Maps. The only problem with this is that Google Maps could lead you to the wrong place if it has a similar name, I once went to the Patrick Terminal for something that was supposed to be in the City Centre and, earlier than that, it led me to some random agency in the City Centre for a photography exhibition that was actually in the East End.
Recommendations to others considering the product
You should only pick the interests you actually have. That's what the settings are for and even if you're afraid of missing out on something else, looking for events in an overwhelming sea of information isn't exactly productive.
What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?
Animation is a terribly competitive industry and you need lots of experience and connections to actually get inside. Even going to events that are only half related, like the ones about film, design, art, computer games and so on will get you into mailing lists, local and global communities and all kinds of other things you wouldn't have found out about by yourself. This creates a chain reaction and a lot more opportunities will find their way to you.