15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Dayforce HCM

Dayforce is the global people platform for the modern workforce, providing organizations of all industries and sizes.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

Pros:

Ease of setup and onboarding. Integration in all areas of the product.

Cons:

The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce.

Dayforce HCM ratings

4.2
3.8
4.2
4.0

8.0/10

Dayforce HCM has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 957 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dayforce HCM before?

Melinda
Melinda
Corporate Compensation, Payroll and Benefits Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM

Comments: I love the software platform. I was the project leader during implementation and have been the Administrator since. This is in addition to the Payroll Manager, Benefits Manager, Leave of Absence Administrator and Entitlements Manager. I could not do all of this if the software was exceptional.

Pros:

Dayforce is fully integrated and offers real-time data. The features are easy to use and understand. There is full transparency for both managers and employees. There is a full arsenal of reporting and dashboard options so downloading information is easy. While customization costs, it is an effective way to ensure that the look and feel convey your environment.

Cons:

Any changes needed to your set up result in very high priced change orders, even when the change requested is because of Ceridian issue. The service time for these change projects can sometimes be in excess of 6 months.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce makes user experience, reporting, and payroll processing easy

Comments: Dayforce's ongoing calculating options and support for large payroll batches are invaluable. I am relieved to have the ability to provide timely salary spending reports to upper management.

Pros:

In addition to the system's features, I appreciate Ceridian's helpful staff and customer service. Ceridian has clearly given careful consideration to the full scope of the employee experience, as evidenced by the cohesiveness of its many modules. The fact that they interact with one another is a plus.

Cons:

I wish I had been given more background or forewarning about the actual process of implementation. It's a real slog, and I didn't feel ready for it with the resources at my disposal. If I'd realized it was going to be such a slog, I would have made more of an effort to get ready.

Tina
Manager, HRIS and Payroll in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Dayforce has many great features. The HUB is a great new additional in the last 2 years. It provides a great place to house important information easily. Onboarding is really nice and streamlined. It is easy to navigate and set up. If you have the Onboarding HUB, visibly it provides a new start to the candidate experience. I have worked with the Performance and Compensation module the last 3 years and it has a lot of neat functionality and pretty easy to navigate.

Cons:

Dayforce is very technical. It is nice to know you can build customize forms but not coming from an IT background, trying to learn SQL has been a challenge. There are a lot of nice reports but it is very challenging to set up certain reports utilizing custom fields. Dayforce is constantly enhancing their products but continually to have to pay for each new enhancement the majority of the time is challenging especially coming from a Non-Profit world when we already utilize most of the system.

Helen
Payroll & Benefits Mgr in US
Wholesale, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce - Implementation Beware

Comments: Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros:

I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons:

Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

Alternatives Considered: UKG Ready and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: ADP was unable to accommodate some things we needed and they were not flexible to find other ways to help us.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: Recruiting module was most robust (the one module we do NOT have running and will probably abandon at this point). We also liked the GL feature - which does work well and was implemented by the one rockstar of our implementation team.

Amber
Manager, Payroll and HRIS in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Dayforce User/Admin 5+ years

Comments: Our overall experience with Dayforce has been great, we have used it for 5+ years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

Pros:

I like that the system is very intuitive and has many modules that we use and connect. We used Dayforce for payroll, benefits, recruiting, performance, compensation, and so on. The system is very user friendly and easy to use. We also use Dayforce Wallet which is the on demand pay feature and is a huge sucess with our employees.

Cons:

We struggle occasionally with bugs within certain modules, specifically recruiting. When this happens it's very hard to complete tasks.

Alternatives Considered: Paycom and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: We had several issues with UKG (formally UltiPro) including compliance issues

Switched From: UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: The ease of use as well as the full suite of modules available in one system

Lorely
HR Generalist in US
Restaurants, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Product offers a wide array of HR/Payroll modules. Easy to streamline processes and allows clients to customize their environment.

Cons:

Cost has increased and changes in the environment continuously happens that clients are not able to keep up and often run into as they encounter an issue to a process that was working before but has stopped working due to software update.

Fassil
Marketing Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Why Dayforce HCM Is The Best

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is a great performance management solution and comes with great employee scheduling features.

Cons:

It has been capable with no major shortcomings.

Agatha
Digital Marketer in US
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With Dayforce HCM

Pros:

It is not only a great HCM but also has best HR features and makes onboarding easy too.

Cons:

I have not encountered major fails with Dayforce HCM

Anton
NEXT Initiative strategy Leadee in Canada
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

Straightforward getting information

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I think as an employee requires to complete or access important HR or Finance forms or data, I am satisfied.

Pros:

Simplicity as a user and employee getting the information I need to have about my HR forms and pay stubs

Cons:

There are often instance where the submitting of HR requested forms was not easy or confusing in complete. I dont know if this is because of Day Force or because of asminiatrative set-up but I have to always access it via my companies portal. I cant juat go to Dayforce to get in.

Romario
Assistant in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Dayforce review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience. I love using this application for everything payroll.

Pros:

The friendly interface makes it easy to navigate through . Super smooth and spot on when it comes to do with everything payroll, from your earning to your statements everything is crystal clear so help prevent confusion when looking at your paystubs.

Cons:

I’ve noticed unless your on a desktop it is a bit hard to see with the zoom settings on phone and iPad,

Jock
Chief Financial Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce the future of employee services

Comments: Grrrreat!

Pros:

The Reports are very good and the product is easy to navigate.

Cons:

Calling for support is a task. It is hard to get through when you are at a critical moment.

Alternatives Considered: KronoDesk

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Criterion caused a lot of payroll issues.

Switched From: Criterion HCM

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: Because they could demo out nurses time would calculate correctly.

Manager, E-Services in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

All in one for human resources!

Pros:

Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons:

Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

Dayforce Response

5 years ago

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Michael

Christian
News Editor/Journalist in Denmark
Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Dayforce HCM Review: A Comprehensive Solution

Comments: Overall Experience Review for Dayforce HCM: Dayforce HCM is a great HR software solution for businesses looking for a comprehensive solution. It has a wide range of features and is relatively easy to use. However, its cost and complexity may be a hindrance for some businesses.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM Positive Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM is an incredibly comprehensive HR software solution that provides a wide range of features to help streamline the HR process. It is user-friendly and offers great customer service.

Cons:

Dayforce HCM Negative Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM can be quite expensive and its learning curve can be steep. Some of the features can be a bit tricky to use and the interface can be a bit cluttered.

Lori
Payroll Manager in Canada
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Game changer!

Comments: It has taken a couple of years to get our feet solid but we are able to do better Workforce Planning and Reporting and are starting to see a definite ROI.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM was one of the only products that could put our Global Payroll onto one platform. We consolidated 5 separate systems into 1 system and it has been amazing. They offer so many different modules we no longer needed anything else.

Cons:

It is a fairly complex system that takes a lot of time to learn. Implementation was very complicated and can be overwhelming.

Lynda
Payroll Manager in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

DF Review

Comments: We are still learning and continue to perfect our needs and our abilities.

Pros:

EE's can share legal entities, ease of moving employees, international component

Cons:

Support, benefits and payroll cannot talk to one another for reporting purposes!! Crazy!!

Alternatives Considered: UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: International component, flexibility, scalable

Switched From: Paychex Flex and Danløn

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: We voted on the best option for our needs

Jessie
Director of HR in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed

Pros:

The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons:

I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

Alternatives Considered: Paycom and Exelare

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Leadership-led initiative seeking better reporting options built on a single database concept

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Robin
Director Human Resources, Compensation Specialist in Canada
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Ceridian

Comments: My overall experience is great. I so rarely have an issue I cannot solve on my own. The software is easy to use and the customer support is friendly and super helpful. Not 1 complaint on my end.

Pros:

EVERYTHING!!!!! I love how simple it is to use, straight-forward, I so rarely have to call for issues and when I do need customer support they have all the answers quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

Nothing I absolutely love this software for Payroll.

Bethann
Payroll Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 201–500 Employees

Expect the Unexpected

Comments: We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance. If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need. Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished. I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros:

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons:

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR.

Comments: HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros:

We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons:

Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

Erika
Director, HR Systems & Operations in US
Building Materials, 501–1,000 Employees

Creating a partnership for the 21st century and beyond!

Comments: For the first time, we are able to provide our Executive team an HR Scorecard with data that is trusted. Because the system is fully integrated each process can feed the next. For example, Salary Planning is completed after performance reviews. The performance ratings pull into the compensation planning feature, which when completed and approved, get posted to payroll without human intervention or possibility of data entry errors. When errors affect employee data and pay, we are not providing the best employee experience. This system mitigated the risk of errors with the ability to integrate so many of our HR processes.

Pros:

We came from an environment that used 7 different systems and did not integrate well. Dayforce's fully integrated HRMS has made a wolrd of difference within our organization. Not only has it alleviated administrative burden on HR, but our managers have more information at their fingertips that allows them to make sound decisions and perform efficiently.

Cons:

I can't say that there is a feature that I like least. We implemented the full suite (minus benefit administration) at the same time, so there is definitely a learning curve when configuring that many modules at the same time. In fact, there are modules that we are still learning the full capabilities of and have yet to fully maximize every aspect of this system.

Stephen
HRIS Administrator
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features.

Comments: Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all. It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust). The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees . Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros:

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons:

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces. Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

Don
Sr. HRIS Analyst in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Outstanding and Underrated HRIS System - Ceridian Dayforce Review

Comments: I have been using Ceridian Dayforce for seven years now, and I can confidently say that it is an outstanding, underrated HRIS (Human Resources Information System) that has transformed the way we manage our HR and payroll functions. We rely on Dayforce for payroll, human resources, benefits administration, talent management, and time and attendance tracking, and it has consistently exceeded our expectations in every aspect.Ceridian Dayforce is a hidden gem in the realm of HRIS systems. With its user-friendly interface, comprehensive payroll, HR, benefits, talent management, and time and attendance features, it has significantly enhanced our HR operations. If you're seeking a robust and underrated HRIS system that can transform your HR and payroll functions, Ceridian Dayforce is an excellent choice. It has certainly earned its place as an essential tool in our organization, and I highly recommend it to others looking for an all-in-one HR solution.

Pros:

User-friendly interfaceComprehensive payroll functionalityRobust HR and benefits managementEffective talent managementPrecise time and attendance trackingOutstanding customer supportAffordable and scalable

Cons:

Attendance Management: This area needs some updating. Is not easy to automate. Currently not able to view attendance points on the mobile app.

Giselle
Senior HR Manager in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic payroll application!

Comments: The experience was great. The implementation team worked with me every step of the way and was there for the first 3 go-live payrolls. I cannot say enough about tech support - even during the exceedingly busy months of January and February you didn't wait long on hold to speak with someone. I wish all the other tech support companies I deal with for different applications were as good as they are!

Pros:

I liked the ease of use - clocking in / out is not cumbersome with umpteen different steps. Data entry for my weekly payroll is quick - one screen does it all; no need to change screens. Especially love the fact that I can make employees inactive and not necessarily have to terminate them - our employees are divided between union and non-union > union employees come and go during the course of the year - it's easy to place them as 'inactive'.

Cons:

The cost is more than what we had with our other Ceridian payroll product. We do get value for the money and as we build more components into the program, such as performance management, for example, it will be worth every penny.

Amy
Director of Payroll in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Ask the questions up front

Comments: Dayforce has automated some of our HR services

Pros:

It’s cloud based so it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons:

The reporting, however ax compliance, & customer service is something that needs help. The response to issues (always an issue somewhere) is not communicated. They just tell you it’s fixed. It’s difficult to deal with people in another country that don’t understand our laws.

Alternatives Considered: ADP TotalSource and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: We were putting in a 401k plan and our mainframe couldn’t handle the pretax calculation

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: I have no idea - was not with the company

Director of Store Labor in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application.

Comments: Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that allow the use of mobile devices will really allow the application to shine. Environments, where there isn't reliable network access, may prove difficult. Dayforce support staff is very responsive to customer needs and their level of support is strong. We use Dayforce across 90% of our enterprise. We use Time & Attendance across the entire 90% and Scheduling & Task Management across 75%. As a specialty retailer in the Musical Instrument category, we sell very specific products to customers with very specific needs. That requires knowledgeable employees to be in the right place at the right time. Dayforce is key to making that happen.

Pros:

- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities - Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices - Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons:

- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need