Dayforce HCM Reviews

4.3 (710) Write a Review!

About Dayforce HCM

Cloud-based HCM platform bringing together payroll, time + attendance, and HR for organisations with between 500 and 50,000 employees.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

Pros:

Nice demo with good support. Pricing is a bit out of our budgeted amount.

Cons:

The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce.

Dayforce HCM ratings

4.1
3.8
4.2
4.0

8.0/10

Dayforce HCM has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 710 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dayforce HCM before?

Diane
Diane
Payroll Manager in US

Our experience with Day force has been great from Implementation on. We never felt alone.

Comments: Before Dayfore, we were using three different systems. One for payroll, one for time and attendance, and another for HR. We had to import data from one system to another so there was the potential of data dropping off. We were able to combine three systems into one with Dayforce. Since Ceridian uses one solution, once an employee is hired they are visible in all parts of the system immediately. No more waiting for overnight updates. Ceridian cut my payroll processing time by 40%, which allows me more time to audit my work. There are some great audit reports built into the system, which I run every payroll. They point to problems with can be corrected before we finalize for the week. The ability to run wage and tax registers, and W2's anytime of the year, allows me to fix any potential problems, which in turn make year end a breeze. My employees now are able to manage some of their own data, which alleviates the burden off HR and Payroll and allows the employee to update their records when it is convenient for them.

Pros:

I love that it is one solution. No more imports, no more worries about data dropping off. The test portal allows us to set up new deductions and earnings, and test them before putting them into production. The future dating feature works really well. It allows us to enter increase early and test them in a future payroll to see how the employees pay check will look, and gives us more time to audit our changes thus relieving some of the stress that comes with year end. The education portal is a big plus. It allows us to learn at our own pace, and to schedule that classes that are helpful for each administrative role.

Bayo
Bayo
Digital Marketing Specialist in Nigeria

One solution for HR, payroll and scheduling needs

Comments: My overall experience has been wonderful. I and the company have been able to achieve many tasks conveniently with the software and it has increased our growth.

Pros:

The most beneficial feature is that it solves many problems together which has helped my company from importing data or worrying about data dropping off when using different softwares.

Cons:

The implementation process was difficult for us to navigate at some point. That's something they can work on in order to make the software easy to use even for beginners.

Amanda
Veterinary technician in US
Veterinary Software, 51-200 Employees

A day with Dayforce

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I will continue using this program as long as I’m a practice manager

Pros:

This software makes it easy to calculate hours and submit payroll. Imputing schedules with ease. Showing associate availability and pto requests.

Cons:

I honestly didn’t have much to complain about. I feel like every software can be improved but nothing bad to say about this one

Hannah
Clinical Director in UK
Veterinary Software, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce HCM

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is well laid out and clearly formatted. The scheduling section is very easy to use and very quick - being able to drag and copy/paste employee shifts is very convenient.

Cons:

Editing or updating employee details is long winded and the hierarchy section never seems to work first time when setting up new users - it is difficult to have multiple managers over the same employees etc

Steven
Veterinary Assistant Supervisor in US
Veterinary Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use!

Pros:

It's intuitive and takes almost no explanation to show new employees how it works. Easy to see your hours, confirm your punch times and check your vacation and sick time balance.

Cons:

It can take a minute or so to boot up the first time it is started for the day.

Helen
Payroll & Benefits Mgr in US
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dayforce - Implementation Beware

Comments: Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros:

I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons:

Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

JadeLeigh
Call Center Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

Love the reporting

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love that you were able to schedule daily reports

Cons:

Support was hard to reach at times but issues were quickly resolved.

Don
Engineer in US
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees

Occasional User... but does the job for what I need (TimeSheet / Payroll)!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am just a part-time freelance user of the software, and it seems to get the job done, but my schedule is all over the place and constant changes need to be made to my Timecard (not the same thing every day), and that makes entry more of a chore than should be necessary. That said, it seems that the software is very flexible in terms that it can be used over many departments with different needs, but like other software solutions, the more flexible a product is, the less user-friendly it often is.

Pros:

Once you get it setup and learn it, it is relatively easy to use if you know what you are doing.

Cons:

Not immediately intuitive to the new user and seem to need to know a good deal of information from the operation management before you can get going. Also, would be nice to be able to save the 'notes' part of the Timesheet for reoccurring "favorite' and full for full days.

Lauren
Lpn in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

Daily dayforce user

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is easy to use and easy to navigate. The mobile app is a great feature to have

Cons:

Down for updates quit often but no real issues

Kyle
Corporate Accounting Manager in US
Food Production, 501-1,000 Employees

From Manager & Accountant

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Dayforce has greatly helped our HR team with payroll and benefits.

Pros:

The time sheets for manager is easy to look over and to approve. PTO is also easy to take and approve.

Cons:

The biggest issue has been on the accounting side with reconciling payroll with the banking transactions.

Shannon
Payroll Administrator in US
Sports, 201-500 Employees

Best Decision We've Made

Comments: We do not use paper time sheets, this has the HR function which we have never had before.

Pros:

Payroll and HR is more efficient. It's easy to use an learn. I love the educational feature.

Cons:

There is really nothing I don't like. I think we were so outdated on the system we had before that everything on this system was an improvement.

Bethann
Payroll Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

Expect the Unexpected

Comments: We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance. If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need. Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished. I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros:

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons:

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Stephen
HRIS Administrator in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review of Dayforce HCM

Comments: Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all. It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust). The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees . Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros:

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons:

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading.

MariBeth
Accounting/HR System Analyst in US
Paper & Forest Products, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM Review

Comments: We have been able to become more paperless with Dayforce. For the most part, payroll processes correctly each pay period. Open Enrollment saved lots of time and paper and the employees seemed to really like the process. I think as we learn to use all of the functionality of the system, we will find more benefits and cost-savings. We are just disappointed that we did not get this information/recommendations from our implementation team. And the fact that modules that should have been live and working properly at the time of implementation are still not functional has been extremely frustrating. Our HR Admins are doing more work now, than they did before implementing Dayforce , where Attendance Management is concerned.

Pros:

The system has lots of flexibility and functionality - unfortunately our implementation did not go very well (we are still working on it over a year after going live) so I don't believe we are using the system to its full capacity. The user experience is really friendly. Our current employees and onboarding employees like the system.

Cons:

It seems that the implementation team wants to cut you off long before the system is running as expected. It's wonderful that Ceridian is working on so many great, new, cutting-edge options but our users (PR/HRAdmins, Managers) just want the current functionality to work properly. We are still submitting lots of tickets to support on a weekly basis and we have found the quality of support to be herky-jerky. Some of the reps are really good and others seem to just want to get the case off their plate without full resolution of the issue.

Shreshthi
HRIS Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dayforce - HR and Payroll software

Comments: It is a good product. It is cloud based which makes is highly desirable during the pandemic. Customer support is also very helpful.

Pros:

A lot of features are easy to adapt and there is less of a learning curve. The software can be used for a host of HR functions from payroll to recruitment, LMS, performance management and more.

Cons:

The system has a vast number of features and one needs to rely on a consultant for customization. Advanced knowledge of software engineering is necessary while creating reports or XML forms.

Randy
Payroll/HRIS Manager in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce HCM great for Payroll and HRIS

Comments: Dayforce works great under the right circumstances, but they still have some work to do to gain a bigger market share.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM (DF) is a great product for payroll, which is the company's core offering. They have incorporated other HRIS modules into DF, some of which work extremely well. Dayforce does a great job of using only one employee record for everything, so there are no internal interfaces, and all changes are made real time. The company keeps up to date on all regulatory changes, and is quick to roll out updates and fixes to the software, which are seamless because they happen in the cloud. Works great for both our US and Canadian populations.

Cons:

Dayforce does not process payroll in Mexico, so we cannot use it for the sole solution in North America. The reporting on data is sometimes difficult; the tool is pretty robust, but some common-sense reports are almost impossible to build, due to the cumbersome process of linking data fields together. This is getting better, but still lacking. Support response times are usually timely, but support personnel are not always knowledgeable enough to fix the issue right away. Any extra work on the product is always billable, and never cheap. Due to the design of the product, any changes to the company's organizational structure will almost certainly result in a long, expensive project to update the product.

Joy
Corporate Director of ops and hr in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1,000 Employees

Transformation

Comments: My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros:

Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask if someone has vacation time available, or if someone took a class. It’s visible to managers at the touch of a button. Dayforce has also allowed us to customize our system to the features we want and need. We are using payroll, WFM, Time and attendance, benefits, recruitment, performance management, compensation, on boarding and learning. It has allowed us to transform the way we do our jobs by eliminating all the paper forms and empowering our employees and managers.

Cons:

The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

Samuel
Samuel
Consultant in US
Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Phenomenal Human Resources Software, Highly Recommended!

Comments: My overall experience with Dayforce HCM has been great. It took me only a couple of minutes to set up my payroll administration preferences, my benefit preferences, as well as several other aspects of the on-boarding experience which employers typically ask of their new employees. I have not experienced any issues thus far in using Dayforce HCM, and I have been using it for quite a while now.

Pros:

There are multiple things that I enjoy about Dayforce HCM, some of which include the ability to simply and efficiently administer payroll information such that employees would be able to enter their personal bank account information, how they would like their pay distributed among multiple bank accounts, if applicable. I also very much like the simplicity of the user interface when dealing with benefit administration, which can get very confusing with other HR softwares, but not with Dayforce HCM. Keeping tracking of PTO is also very streamlined, as the amount of PTO available increases, or decreases, in real time. Paystubs are easily accessible, also. Lastly, customer service, whenever needed, is always happy to help and is always available to answer the call in a just a few minutes. Highly recommended.

Cons:

The only possible aspect that I can point out as a negative when it comes to Dayforce HCM is its pricing brackets. Compared to other HR services, the price is a bit more expensive, which may become an obstacle for some, but when considering the value of the service you would be getting, I feel it is well worth it. Outside of the potential pricing barrier, I honestly have nothing else to point out as a negative, as the service does everything it promises to be able to do, and efficiently.

Luis
HR Digital Analyst in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce is a great partner for our success

Comments: It has been Good but with a lot of areas for improvement

Pros:

Cloud Base accessible and portable. Easy customization as clients we can create and modify fields on our own very quicly

Cons:

The difficulty interfacing data, and the there is much opportunity for improvement in interfacing. Most of the interfacing had to be on our own with little support. We think the support was not enough and has created delays and painstaking situations.

Isabelle
Talent Coordinator in Canada
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Issues with employee onboarding

Comments: Overall experience with Ceridian dayforce has been average. I have had many employees comment to me that going through the onboarding process on the site is quite a headache.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM was the first payroll software that I worked with and still work with daily. It is easy to get acclimated to the software, and it is quite straightforward in terms of onboarding employees. It is easy to have integrations with Dayforce into our other time-tracking software's, and we have had no issues with customer support.

Cons:

We used Dayforce for employee onboarding. Unfortunately, it seems as if this feature is not very functional on a cellphone or a mobile device. Many of our employees did not own laptops, so there were frequent difficulties in trying to get them to complete the onboarding, as they could not open the software. Dates in dayforce are also very stringent .If there is any errors with any dates, it is a headache to attempt to fix and frequently will take a team of us to try and see what is going on. It can feel like a picky/finicky software to use. The main issue for our company, is really the onboarding piece as it should work and be accessible for everyone to use, despite the device.

Lori
Payroll Specialist in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Dayforce has everything we need in a HCM product

Comments: I love Dayforce and would highly recommend it to any organization looking for a cloud based Human Capital Management System. (It has lowered our monthly costs for our payroll process.) :)

Pros:

Dayforce has been great for all our time and attendance needs. We just implemented the payroll module which has now replaced an old outdated system. It has saved us time processing payroll therefore saved us money. It's also been great for allowing our employees to record project coding hours for units they have worked on for the purpose of billing our customers for labor costs. Exporting and importing can be set up automatically or done manual for all reporting requirements. I love Dayforce!

Cons:

The only issue I have with Dayforce is the reporting aspect. Any reports that are configured that come with the implementation are set up and ready to go. But when trying to make one of my own it's by trial and error. I have taken one of their free training seminars, but need to revisit it to see what I'm doing so I can correct things.

Lisa
Sr. Payroll Specialist in US
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best HCM I've used!

Comments: Our HR/Payroll functions have improved dramatically. We were 90% paper-based and now I would say we are 15% paper based or less. It was a lot of work to implement Dayforce for a 4000+ employee company but it was so worth it.

Pros:

Single platform HCM with real time functionality, promotes paperless HR/Payroll processing, makes payroll processing a breeze, Ceridian constantly enhances the product and listens to customer feedback

Cons:

It's been challenging going from the Silverlight-based functions to the HTML because we were used to using the Silverlight modules but now that we're getting used to the new HTML modules I really like them. The challenging part about getting used to the new HTML modules is we had just implemented Dayforce so we were still getting used to the software itself and then we had to get used to a new version in HTML which had a different look/feel.

Ceridian Response

4 years ago

Hi Lisa, Thank you kindly for your review! We are delighted you are having a wonderful experience with Dayforce. All the best, Michael

Angie
Canada

Innovative and customizable total HR solution

Pros:

Ceridian was able to customize the solution to fit my unique business needs. The other HRIS providers were not willing to make changes in their offerings and instead pushed an "one size fits most" product. The solution has automated our payroll, recruitment, onboarding, HR, benefits, document management, performance management process and more. Ceridian has now become a daily stop for our employees and has significantly reduced the administration work for our payroll and HR teams. Whats more, the product has enhanced our security and privacy by transiting to a secure software program instead of using paper and excel spreadsheets.

Cons:

Turn around time for customer solution tickets could be improved. Sometimes when little things need to be tweaked the customer needs to submit a ticket to their client solutions team. On average the turn around time has acceptable but on occasion could be faster.

Monica
Corporate HR Manager in US
Textiles, 201-500 Employees

It’s been a ride.....

Comments: Started our journey in June 2018. Thought it would be a smooth 12 weeks. Was supposed to go LIVE on October 1, pushed to January 1, pushed to April 1.
“Fired” the first Implementation team because they were not expert ICs and somewhat unfamiliar with US payroll law. Was transferred to a new PM who is great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and higher level IC [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to bale out the previous team.
Much of what was built in HPW could not just be imported and had to be re-built.

Pros:

Ease of processing payroll. Report writer. More automation available compared to HPW platform. Dayforce talks to WFM! Earnings statements real time.

Cons:

Cannot have Job Title and job code (attached to EEO code) on EE profile. Has been very challenging building the system with complex pay policies. New Hire form data entry does not trickle into all of the necessary fields that we use, so we have to touch about 10 screens to put all of New Hire data in.

Kylie
HR Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Robust System, but can tricky to master

Comments: I really like the product - I think it is will be vital to my organization and our continued growth.

Pros:

I really like how robust the system is -there is so much that you can do to help drive efficiency and accuracy. I also like that is relatively intuitive to use for employee side.

Cons:

While the system is robust, it can be really tricky to learn as the administrator. There are so many areas that you need to check in order to make sure something, like a workflow, is working the way you want it to. I have had a few times that I have run into an issue with something and the solution was a buried check box. Simple to fix, but frustrating finding out it was just a box that was missed.