Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Kashoo

Small business accounting made easy. Send invoices, collect payments, track expenses, create reports & make better financial decisions.

Learn more about Kashoo

Esther G.
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-19

"Good alternative to Quickbooks"

Comments: Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros: I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances. I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons: There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-19
Aryana R.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-20

"I love Kashoo's Customer Support"

Comments: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy. That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

Pros: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy.

Cons: That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-20
Jeff K.
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-11

"I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business"

Comments: Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request) The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine. Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base. My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros: Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons: I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-11
Glenn G.
Business owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-02

"Review kashoo"

Comments: I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay.
Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pros: Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Cons: If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-02
Stuart O.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-24

"Very easy to use."

Comments: Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pros: Portability, ease of use.

Cons: Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

by Kashoo on 2017-01-30

Stuart,
Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-24
Keisha T.
Owner & Yoga Coach
  • Reviewed on 2015-08-27

"Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!"

Comments: My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

• Reviewed on 2015-08-27
Zev S.
Program Development, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-12

"Great accounting software that does everything I need"

Comments: I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros: Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons: I would like to see updates more frequently.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-12
Dave V.
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-07

"Great Canadian Accounting software"

Comments: I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Pros: Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Cons: Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-07
Chris B.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-09

"Better than Quckbooks Online"

Pros: Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online.

Cons: The fact that it does not work on android.

Adam M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-24

"Good. Would be great IF..."

Pros: Ease of use.
Customer service is good Everytime I need them.

Cons: No Android app. Ridiculous.
Needs dual layer security for login.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-24
Alice B.
Lawyer
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-30

"Happy to Support Canadian"

Comments: Generally fine. I don't like that they doubled my fee last year and I am still considering moving elsewhere but haven't had time to test the other options.

Pros: I like that it's in the cloud and accessible anywhere. The customer service is also very responsive

Cons: It has some quirks that are not intuitive, and a few random software glitches. I have no fear for the security of my data but as a non-accountant/bookkeeper I struggle with a few things.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-30
Angie F.
Owner/Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-13

"Ease and Affordability"

Comments: Kashoo is easy to use, and affordable. It makes my bookkeeping simple, and easy. I have used it for many years now, with great success.

Pros: Ease and affordablitiy

Cons: I need to learn more about the software, but it is my own time I need to manage.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-13
Jeff N.
owner / manager
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-10

"Great small business accounting option"

Pros: Easy set up, nice layout, and good mobile app (iPhone). The web app offers project management as well.

Cons: The inability to assign entries to specific projects from the mobile app seems a bit baffling and frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-10
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-01

"Good Software Overall"

Comments: It's great to have a centralised place to track and record all your bookkeeping which will make the year end much easier.

Pros: Great integration with Stripe conveniently invoice clients directly from the software

Cons: Limited selection of invoice templates that are horrible looking and not easily branded with your company logos .The account codes in the accounting ledger have to be changed manually if you want to align with your countries standardization.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-01
Chris B.
Accounting
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-09

"Easy to use, glad to have it!"

Pros: I like the clean easy to use interface, quick data entry, project-based support, and customizable controls.
Bank reconciliation is painless as well, which makes that step an easy task instead of something to put off until later!

Cons: I really dislike that the multi-currency support completely cripples the Mobile App. It's forced us to use a less efficient workflow, which loses critical data related to exchange rates.

Monique D.
Monique D.
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-03

"Kashoo with my agency"

Comments: Overall all i'd recommend this saas. if you're looking for an accounting software. Kashoo is good to use.

Pros: The UX/UI is easy to use, only took a hour to get familiar & set up everything. I needed a accounting software.

Cons: The support is very delayed. Sometimes would take a couple of weeks for they to answer a problem i would be having. They did state they would get back with me.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-03
Kathi J.
CEO and President
  • Reviewed on 2015-09-16

"So simple anyone can use it"

Comments: I love Kashoo! I really like its simplicity of use, the ongoing training, great support whenever you need it, and Kashoo seems to care about the little guy, in my case gal. Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, there always is, but all-in-all this is a great improvement over my Excel spreadsheet and keeps getting better.

• Reviewed on 2015-09-16
Paul G.
  • Reviewed on 2015-07-29

"Love the bank feeds"

Comments: The price and usability attracted me to try using Kashoo for managing my family trust. Since I have started I have never looked back. It is easy to use, the price is realistic and the few times I have needed some support the team at Kashoo responded quickly and effectively.
Love the bank feeds and love the product.

• Reviewed on 2015-07-29
Fadi B.
  • Reviewed on 2016-08-18

"DC Review - Kashoo"

Comments: been using for 2 years and all is good and will continue to use.
the value for money is quite good and the software evolution is very good

Pros: easy to use, good value for money

Cons: some additional options might be needed especially on reporting

• Reviewed on 2016-08-18
Stuart C.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-06

"Love the customer service"

Comments: In the years I have been using Kashoo I have never had many reasons to contact customer service, but when I have they have always responded quickly, efficiently and are extremely friendly.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-06
Alex D.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2011-12-24

"WORKS IF YOU RUN THE SIMPLEST OF BUSINESSES, DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT"

Comments: Kashoo is a barebones accounting system, if you have the absolute most basic of accounting needs, it kind of works. Now that they seem to have sorted the issues they had a few months ago (they were down for days and weeks on end), its OK

Pros: Simple
able to log in anywhere
relatively inexpensive

Cons: Buggy
Inventory feature stinks, keeps getting corrupted, losing the inventory onhand
Not very robust
poor manual adjustment tools
Poor customer billing/no statement tools

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2011-12-24
Craig T.
  • Reviewed on 2015-11-03

"Good cloud-based accounting software and great value"

Comments: Very easy to use, yet powerful cloud-based accounting software at a good price.

• Reviewed on 2015-11-03
Ken I.
Ken I.
SEO + Web + Reputation Marketing ★★★★★
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-07

"Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!"

Comments: The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros: Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons: There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Reviewed on 2019-05-07
Video Producer/Editor/Digital Media Engineer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-04

"Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses."

Comments: I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros: Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons: Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

• Reviewed on 2019-12-04
Carma S.
Carma S.
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-26

"Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur"

Comments: I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros: The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-26