15 years helping Canadian businesses

Bonterra Guided Fundraising Reviews

About Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Bonterra Guided Fundraising is simple, smart fundraising software built to help organizations become better fundraisers.

Learn more about Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Pros:

And this system adjusts the profile should a donor unsubscribe. We are saving money and enjoying using this CRM - and I cannot say enough about their attentive customer service.

Cons:

I'll let you know once I figure this out because I haven't encountered a problem yet.

Bonterra Guided Fundraising ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Bonterra Guided Fundraising has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 664 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bonterra Guided Fundraising before?

Michelle
Michelle
General Manager in US

Good donor software

Comments: Network for Good is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. It has streamlined our donations process, clean our data, allowed us to increase monthly giving and have a more robust reporting process.

Pros:

Network for Good has an easy to use reports and filters with it’s own built in email platform. They have great, easily accessible customer service. It works great as a donor database and processor.

Cons:

I would like the ability to change the format of our donation page (s). While NFG is not a CRM, it would still be helpful to be able to use the groups function more fully.

Kate
Chief of Staff in US
Museums & Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Satisfied Customer Since 2020

Comments: Love the customer support! So responsive! We implemented the product during COVID and it couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Pros:

The addition of event ticketing and auction functionality makes the package even more attractive and useful.

Cons:

Our database count is inflated by zero-dollar "subscribers" -- people who have never donated but receive information (such as local government officials on the newsletter list) -- so our annual costs are higher than I would like.

2 months ago

Thank you for the awesome feedback, Kate! Absolutely delighted that you've been happy with our product and support since 2020. I'll be sure to share your pricing feedback with our product team. Thanks for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising!

Tammy
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

I am NOT HAPPY

Pros:

I enjoyed NFG when it was a stand alone product.

Cons:

I do not like the product now that it is absorbed under Bonterra? It does NOT work effectively and I can NOT access my account when I need to. It has been a mess since Bonterra took over.

last month

Hey Tammy, thank you for sharing your thoughts on Bonterra Guided Fundraising. We haven't made any major changes to the product, so accessibility shouldn't be an issue. I'm sending over my email address to you now - please feel free to reach out to me so I can let our support team know about this and see how we can help. Thank you!

Susan
Director in US

Network for Good

Comments: Over all it is good a good system for our organization.

Pros:

In the areas that we use frequently the system is fairly easy to use. I know it can do a lot more for us but I don't know how to use those functions.

Cons:

The customer service is not great. If you have a question or need help you have to go through the chat box and you get a video to watch. Maybe I am just old and not too techy but a real person would be much more helpful. I am never in a situation where I have time to watch a video to get an answer.

2 months ago

Hi Susan, thank you so much for recommending us! We definitely want you to be able to maximize the use of your donor management system. Please know that you can always call our customer support line at (888) 284-7978 if that would work better for you. Thank you for entrusting Bonterra Guided Fundraising!

Carolina
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Our Valentine's Day message - we love you!

Comments: We LOVE Network for Good! It has simplifed things by putting data all in one place! No more moving data from the event reservation platform, the credit card processor, and the newsletter service! And the platform is easy to use and generates great-looking newsletters.

Pros:

Cons:

We wish it had a grant tracking platform as we were told that Salesforce had one.

2 months ago

We're thrilled our paths crossed and that you've fallen in love with the ease of Bonterra Guided Fundraising! Just like you've united all your data, we feel united in our mission by your enthusiasm and trust. Sending loads of love back for making everything more efficient and your newsletters more captivating. Although grant tracking isn't currently within this product, we value your feedback and will be sure to take this into account. Here's to more joy and less juggling in all your future fundraising activities!

Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

Good value

Pros:

I came to this product when the online giving fee of our previous provider went through the roof. I was pleasantly surprised at how intuitive and friendly the contact management and donor management functions are. Now, I am using it for event management, which is a bonus.

Cons:

Often, when an online donation is made, it generates a new contact, even if the person is already in the system. Yes, this can be cleaned up quickly by combining contacts. But I'd like the system to recognize each individual. And, of course, my gripe with all these systems is it doesn't handle household giving well. How do you count a gift from a married couple? It has to go against only one of their records.

2 months ago

Hi Michael, thank you for the thoughtful feedback! We appreciate you highlighting the intuitive contact management and helpful event features. Your input on improving duplicate detection and household giving is incredibly valuable as we constantly refine our system. We aim to deliver great experiences, and customers like you make that possible. Thanks for being part of our community!

Denise
Development Director in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Great product and would recommend this product to all organizations

Comments: Overall, my experience has been enjoyable and kill building. The help desk and customer service have been a wonderful resource for me with any question that I have. They are responsive and quick to resolve any issue that I have.

Pros:

Overall, this is a really simple software to use. As a new fundraiser and beginning of my career, this software has given me skills surrounding best practices in fundraising which I am immensely grateful for.

Cons:

Some of the areas of the software are not as streamlined as I wish they could be and can often lead to duplicative work. I would like to see improvements to the in-kind feature of the program as it is very difficult to track these donations.

2 months ago

Denise, your kind words and hearing that you chose us at the start of your rewarding fundraising career are so appreciated! We hear you on the in-kind feature and I'll be sure it gets into the right hands for potential future product improvements. Empowering your success is what drives us every day, and we're thrilled to be part of your growth!

Jessica
Program Manager in US
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

the right choice for us

Comments: Overall all we've had a positive experience over the past four years. This was our first DMS, so anything was going to be an improvement!

Pros:

Easy to use the product, easy to manage data. Responsive support.

Cons:

Some aspects of the user interface is clunky and unintuitive. Also lacks some functionality that we have discovered would be useful. Lacks social media integration for emails, which is a feature that was actually mentioned in our demo, but does not actually exist.

Natalie

A Solid Product for Nonprofit Donor Management

Comments: It has been a great experience so far!

Pros:

We really appreciate that we can track and manage donor interactions, giving, and reports that show trends of giving throughout our organizations past few years. The ability to create customized campaign pages and linking them to our website is a huge factor for us. We also love the "mail out" feature that allows us to print giving statements, thank you letters, labels, and more.

Cons:

We are a small nonprofit, so it is a bit pricey for us, but I believe worth it.

2 months ago

Hi Natalie, we are so grateful for your wonderful feedback! Hearing how our system is empowering your nonprofit's success means the world. Your achievements in campaigns and engagement are our driving purpose. Thank you for being a valued partner in this important mission!

Lisa
CEO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great for Midsize or volunteer run nonprofit

Comments: It’s been a good tool for all of our operations. We have had to purchase additional services from other companies. This allows us to use our cram in one platform.

Pros:

Ease of use and support for set up transitioning from another service.

Cons:

Inability to customize the contact types. You must select from the chosen types.

Julie
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Disappointed

Pros:

ability to create individual fundraising pages

Cons:

1) They are providing inaccurate data. That makes it difficult to analyze information to make decisions. 2) They know they are providing inaccurate data, but are not taking action to correct it. 3) Customer service representatives told me this has been an issue for some time and yet they are still not fixing it. They suggested I call back every few months.

5 years ago

Hi Julie! This is Liz with the customer team at Network for Good. I spoke with my colleague, Kristine, who talked with you about the question you had about your data. I learned that the issue you are experiencing has to do with how our system reports ticket sales vs donations that are synced from your Network for Good Fundraising Pages. Currently, the system reports the two separately. From what I understand from your conversation with Kristine is that you'd like for this information to all be included in the lifetime giving total. We've given this feedback to our tech team who will research this with other customers to see if it's a common request. I do want to make sure that you know that the data (tickets sales vs donations) is not inaccurate! But I do realize that how it's reported makes you feel less confident about using the data to analyze your donor's giving history. I am sorry for that. As I mentioned above, we have reported this to our tech team!

jenine
Development & Operations Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

NFG has changed our org for the better!

Comments: You need to know this - the customer service we've received from Network For Good is AMAZING. I am serious! We had Neon before, and it was like pulling teeth to get ANY help. I am a customer service maven and I hated dealing with neon but I LOVE dealing with Network For Good because they help us to feel as if they value our business. The chat function works almost immediately and every query has resulted in a viable solution. What's not to love?

Pros:

The reporting feature in Network For Good is intuitive and easy to use and integration with Neon was nearly seamless. We were able to cancel our email service with another company since Network For Good enables sending eblasts from the CRM - literally at the click of a mouse! And this system adjusts the profile should a donor unsubscribe. We are saving money and enjoying using this CRM - and I cannot say enough about their attentive customer service!

Cons:

I'll let you know once I figure this out because I haven't encountered a problem yet!

2 years ago

Hi Jenine, Thanks for the review! We're excited to receive this feedback and helping you grow your good. It's so important for you to be able to lean on Network for Good support! Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing great things :) Kathleen

Kathleen
President in US
Fund-Raising, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Donor Management / Communication Software

Comments: We are very happy with selecting Network for Good. We did in-depth research and demos with 8 donor management software companies. Our team that did the research unanimously selected Network for Good.

Pros:

The software provides a foundation for donor management and communication with donors. We easily loaded our contacts from Mailchimp(c) and financial information from Quickbooks (c). The system is easy to use. It notifies us when a donation is made. I can check it on the phone. My favorite feature is that donations can be acknowledged with an individual custom video, easily made on your phone or laptop and sent to the donor via text or email. Our donors LOVE this. Reasons we selected the software were it automatically generates a receipt to donors that donate online; it was easy to set up; and the cost was reasonable.

Cons:

There are some missing features. I would like to be able to send a video thank you do donors. At least I'd like to save a vdeo and send to many people. During our main giving season and gala, when donations are rapidly coming in, I would have to record numerous individual videos every night. I'd like to record a video and then send. Also, I would like to generate an automatic receipt for donations not thru our website, those sent in by check that we enter into the system.

Vito
President & CEO in US

MISSOURI DISABLED WATER SKI ASSOCIATION (MDWSA) Review of Network for Good

Comments: MDWSA is reaching more people, getting more people with disabilities involved and active, recruiting more volunteers, and receiving more donations. What more can be said. Our donors are making a difference!

Pros:

MDWSA likes most if not all of the features and we're still learning. It keeps getting better. Donor Management, Email Blasts, Online Presence, Analytics are all top-level options for us. We still need to understand using the video components.

Cons:

So far, we haven't found any cons with the software.

Deborah
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

How Network for Good helps a small nonprofit

Comments: I am delighted to be back with NFG. I only have one place to check to send emails to donors, and now videos to thank donors. I can see who has donated and check on their past history. Network for Good has been a blessing for this small nonprofit.

Pros:

In 2008 as we revamped the Ghanaian Mothers' Hope website, we realized that online giving options were a thing of the future and we needed to add an online donation page. Through my work with a Maryland NGO program, I was introduced to Network for good and their incredible workshops for nonprofits. After attending several workshops, I convinced my board that we should subscribe to NFG. The donation program was first class but a little pricy. We also found a CRM and email program. After two years we were approached by another company that offered a seamless interface with a CRM and we switched. The new program was okay but was missing features offered by NFG such as giving donors the option to pay the fees. We switched to another company but once again, the service for donations was not a efficient as NFG. A few years later, during a free workshop from NFG, I learned that they offered a CRM as well as the ability to send emails. The fee was slightly higher than what we were paying for our three service: online donations, CRM, and email. The ability to do all of these things in one place made the the difference in price worth paying. As a small nonprofit with only one employee, it is important to not waste time doing the same work in several systems. Switching to NFG saved us time and money.

Cons:

The thing I like least about NFG is the payment structure. Waiting until the middle to the month to receive payment for our donations is sometimes difficult. Also, finding the report for the payment is sometimes confusing since it is only used once per month. I would prefer our donations be more automatic. It takes a while to understand how to create good reports.

2 years ago

Hey Deborah, Thanks for your review! Wow, and welcome back! We're so thrilled to hear all your feedback and to be accomplishing our mission of helping nonprofits grow their good. And thank you for the feedback regarding our payment distribution. Your disbursements should be automatic via ACH, and we do have the option for rapid disbursement. I have let our team know about your request, and they will reach out soon. But we also encourage you to join any upcoming live office hours, held daily, to ask our team for more support should any of these types of inquiries arise. Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing awesome things :) Kathleen

Joanne
Chief Operating Officer in US

Excellent nonprofit Donor software

Comments: We have the best customer service representative, she is always kind in a great mood when we call her and is very calm when we ask 1 million questions because we still don’t understand what we’re doing. However, after a minute or two or several, we have a new skill and a new way to reach our donors.

Pros:

The ease of use, they offer a webinars if you don’t understand a certain option they offer, the chat in chat box, and you can always call and speak to a person which is rare these days!

Cons:

Honestly, it has nothing to do with the software and more with the lack of ours in a day to utilize all of the aspects this product offers.

Nancy
Data Coordinator in US
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

Solving Multiple Goals of a Varied Organization

Comments: We are managing regular operational donations, a Capital Campaign with donor pledges, sponsor support for specific events and memberships to the organization. All of these work well with minimal need to track anything outside the system but if we do need that, the Export and Import functions make that easy. Customer service has been WONDERFUL and very responsive.

Pros:

Maintaining contacts, donations and associated communications is easy for both centralized data coordination and other users in the organization. We cover Arts, Education and Recreation so our donor base has multiple interests when supporting us. Network for Good allows us to streamline both our internal procedures and our communications processes using email and letters.

Cons:

It's hard to find anything I don't like. However, the Year-End Tax Reporting provides great detail at both a summary and individual donation level. It could benefit from a "Campaign" level subtotal that would help distinguish type of donation but not result in multiple pages for our sustaining donors who have monthly recurring activity.

Mary
Advancement Manager in Costa Rica
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for a mid-sized non-profit

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Network for Good couldn't be easier to use. Everything is very self-explanatory and when it isn't for whatever reason, customer service is very helpful.

Cons:

I wish that there were more moves management tools to track donor engagement, but I bet that Network for Good will develop these.

last year

Hi Mary, Thanks for the review! We're excited to receive this feedback because it means we're accomplishing our mission of helping nonprofits grow their good. We'll share your comments with our product team and use it to help us continually improve. Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing awesome things :) Kathleen

Crissy
President of Board of Directors in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great product for a small growing non-profit!

Comments: I wanted a simple software that could at a glance let me know where we are financially and that had an easy communication tool. NFG has that and my team all love it.

Pros:

We picked Network For Good because of the free video and text options for communicating with our donors. It was a simple and easy product to use and learn. And for the price!

Cons:

One thing that I wish was different about the software, is that I wish there was more flexibility in the design area of the fundraiser pages and the email design. I am a person who loves fonts and graphics and moving things around. And the pages and emails are simple to create but with that you loose some customization ability.

Barry
Vice President in US
Museums & Institutions, 2–10 Employees

New Non-Profit User

Comments: Maintaining donor data accuracy is now so, so easy! No more manual updates of spreadsheets. Anyone on the team with authorization can access and manipulate data...knowing now we are all looking at the same data! Ability to filter data to create reports is fantastic compared to our previous labor intensive manual efforts. A Few keystrokes and wa'la'...its done.

Pros:

We went from excel spreadsheet to automated donor management 'overnight'....very easy data upload, easy to learn how to manipulate , plenty of 'on-boarding' assistance and instruction, and an excellent catalogue of 'self help' knowledge tools.

Cons:

Payment processing is limited to Network for Good's own system...would like to see them incorporate PayPal (or other payment processor) to offer prospective donors additional payment processing gateways. (They tell me they are looking at it.)

last year

Hi Barry, Thanks for reviewing us! Wow - we're so excited to hear about how you have been able to quickly automate your donor management as a result of our fundraising software. We understand the value of easy-to-use, real-time data and appreciate your feedback on our payment processors. It means a lot that you've taken the time to review us. These comments help us continually improve! Please continue to reach out to our support team (via phone, email, or in-app messenger) with any questions and feedback :) Kathleen

Morgana
Director of Resource Development in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Couldn't be happier with my choice!

Comments: I've had great customer service, I think the price is right in line with other products and I'm getting a much better product. The conferences and webinars NFG puts on are really high quality. I get so much more than just software.

Pros:

The features I love the most are the filter and grouping options in the donor management, as well as the easy to use fundraising pages that link to my website. OH! And I also really love the communication options. The emails are such a timesaver when sending a thank you and the option to send out newsletters is fantastic and makes me look very professional and modern.

Cons:

I didn't like that there wasn't an auction function, but now that there is I have no complaints!

2 years ago

Hi Morgana, Thank you for your review! Really glad to hear about how we are helping you accomplish your mission and grow your good. It's what we do! We are also super excited about your experience with new our auction software. Thanks for being a Network for Good customer! Kathleen :)

Amy
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Network for Good is the Perfect Solution for Small Nonprofits!

Comments: Network for Good is AMAZING. I am 100% satisfied with the product, the support, and the value it offers my non-profit. It was one of the best decisions that I have made to improve my outreach and fundraising efforts.

Pros:

I LOVE the product and would not be able to function without it. I used to chase Excel sheets and lack donor giving history. Now, it is easy to track giving and manage campaigns. The feature I like most is the ability to create a custom video for those that support my program. The feedback I have received is very positive. The other thing that I enjoy is that the company actually makes me feel that they care about my success. Anytime I have had questions, they have been very responsive and helpful. That type of customer service is hard to come by in today's marketplace.

Cons:

The initial transfer of data was a bit overwhelming. It has taken me a year to merge duplicate files, but that is a minor issue. My nonprofit has been around for 25 years when I decided to go with Network for Good. We had many different data sheets and sources. That contributed to the difficulty of the initial data transfer. On the upside, the data upload process was so simple that I was able to figure it out in minutes. Please keep in mind that Network for Good will do the transfer for you, so you don't have to become an expert if you do not want to.

2 years ago

Hi Amy, Thanks for the review! We're so excited to hear your feedback and ways that we are helping your nonprofit grow your good. The data migration process can be overwhelming at first, but well worth it in the end. It's so important for you to be able to lean on Network for Good support! Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Stay awesome :) Kathleen

Lisa
Board President, FUNd Development Chair in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Doing GOOD with Network for Good

Comments: The jumpstart onboarding process, which we're receiving as grant recipients from the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust, is amazing. We know this is why we've been able to implement so many of the capabilities of the program so quickly. Our fundraising coach, [ Sensitive Content ], is an excellent match for us. We appreciate his expertise and guidance!

Pros:

The interface is absolutely beautiful. We appreciate the intuitive aspects of working within the system, such as the pre-designed templates, the prompts, household linking, and customer service. We are already seeing an improvement in our communications and in our day-to-day fundraising. The video message that we can personalize and send in real time to a recent donor is a huge hit. People love that. Our newsletters look really nice when sent through NFG. It's a great product.

Cons:

Creating donor contact cards with same names, within the same household, is challenging. We have to "trick" the system so that it allows us to create both cards and link them to the same household. We learned the hard way that when we send text message blasts, if the phone number is utilized by multiple people, that's how many times the text is sent to the same phone number. We serve children. Oftentimes, the phone numbers we collect on their behalf, are their parent's phone numbers. We've learned that we cannot store those numbers with the contact cards of our students. It's challenging to figure out how to send separate year-end giving reports to couples who have given separately, but share the same email. We chose to email the report to one of the people and mail via USPS the report to the other person. We also learned that only one person can be tied to any particular email, or multiple copies of the newsletter will be received.

Ingrid

Streamline Donor Management

Comments: I've been very impressed with their customer service both as a user and for our donors. They were extremely helpful when we switched over to their system. We had over 200 recurring donors who made the move. It took a couple months of time but was totally worth it in the end.

Pros:

When we switched to Network For Good we streamlined all our donor management and communication. It has saved us time, allowed us to communicate more effectively, and raise more money. I love every aspect of the donor management. I can pull up one donor and see all their donations, and track all the communication we have had with them.

Cons:

Having to learn a new system can be challenging but their help desk team has always been very responsive, timely, and helpful.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Not for large or fast-growing nonprofits

Comments: We haven't had the best experience with Network For Good. It seems like they would be a better fit for smaller organizations. We are mid-sized but are growing quickly and it doesn't suit our needs well.

Pros:

Overall, it's pretty user friendly. Dashboard looks nice and information is generally easy to view. I like that our donation pages only have our logos/branding on it.

Cons:

Reporting is not intuitive. Customer service is not the best. Donation pages have minimal customization.