• Overall
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Mavenlink

Named leading project management solution by Gartner. "Mavenlink is my go-to for project management" - Forbes

Learn more about Mavenlink

Rachel S.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-07

"A Project Manager's Dream Software"

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with Mavenlink. While it might not be the least expensive software out there, it's very robust so you definitely get a great bang with your buck. Their customer service is top notch - I always get a quick response when I reach out whether through support or through my CSR. Mavenlink made me more efficient at my job. Before Mavenlink, I was having to reconcile budgets to know project health by using 3 or 4 different systems (one for time tracking, one for task management, one for schedules/resource allocation, and another for the project information). Mavenlink has saved me so much time, and it's easy for me to look back at projects and learn from them for future projects.

Pros: Mavenlink gives me a real-time view of project burn rates, utilization (billable vs. non-billable), and makes the life of a project manager so much easier. Being able to quickly look over all projects to check the burn rates (if it's green then it's good; if it's red then it's bad) saves me so much time.

Cons: Like any software there is some give and take. The only thing I would like added is the ability to make overall project budgets and resource allocations repeat each month like my tasks do. However, the entire task repeater part that we use was an integration that we negotiated to have built for us when we originally contracted with Mavenlink.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-07
Alain P.
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-31

"Big Upgrade compared to our previous PM software"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with the product, big upgrade compared to our previous PM software. (PM.com)

Pros: It meets all our department's needs, I love the activity feed and the overall view of all our projects. Also great reporting tool!

Cons: The gantt chart, I wish the reporting would be more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-31
Marketing specialist
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-29

"Outstanding solution for our entire workforce"

Comments: The overall experience from the get go was very positive, as we started the onboarding process and conducted internal training where I was able to get a lot of great feedback from my coworkers about how they find the ease of use and how they like the online product training catalog that is available.

Pros: I am able to view tasks for current projects, track upcoming projects, add notes and tag team members easily in a very organized way that allows me to save time and resources on a regular basis. My coworkers who I interface with closely have had a similar positive experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

Cons: The ability to customize what is viewable and editable in the main menu ( such as projects, tasks, insights) based on user permissions would make it easier tailor the overall product experience to our teams needs.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-29
Val H.
VP Ops
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-16

"One Source of Information"

Comments: Mavenlink has been great to work with from conversion to ongoing support.

Pros: Mavenlink enables us to know the workload of our teams and Ike projects on schedule and within budget.

Cons: I wish the reporting was easier so that more users could work in it.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-16
Sara F.
Sr. Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-25

"Mavenlink feedback"

Pros: The reporting and overview of the project is very helpful. .I also like how you can budget towards individual tasks/milestones. It's also good to see an overview of staff's availability and schedule them on specific days for projects.

Cons: It's very frustrating when you need to allocated in the same amount of time per user across a long period. You have to go in individually to each week to add that time. When you have to do this for multiple users across different projects, it takes a lot of time!!! Should be able to do a recurring staffing - define the time period, how many hrs for which user and project.
If there are changes to hrs or staffing for a project, you then have to go in and change across the board - should be able to change that recurring staffing to a different number/person

• Reviewed on 2020-09-25
Pat B.
Senior Revenue Operations Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-18

"Works well for agencies"

Comments: Overall, does well for project management. We lacked the ability to easily report on utilization rates and time entries in convenient ways. Mavenlink changed that for the better. Team collaboration with public and private posts can be more streamlined than emails, which can become siloed. Scheduling time and resource planner features are really handy, although I often don't get to what I planned...

Pros: Budget tracking is easy and effective, although depending on configuration, it can differ between the finances and budget tabs within a project. Gantt view is super helpful for changing timelines and communicating with client.

Cons: The task tracker sometimes is really slow to load when moving tasks around within a given project. There is often a huge number of notifications, but you can configure those to limit them significantly if necessary.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-18
Ben W.
Marketing Production Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-29

"Upped Our Utilization!"

Comments: We took on Mavenlink when we needed a 50,000 foot view of our department's capacity. The levels of organization that Mavenlink has brought our team's creatives have gone way beyond our expectations. People know exactly what they need to be working on when they come in in the morning. Plus, it allows us to monitor our team's capacity so we know when we need to add more than one creative to a job or even gives us backup when we need to prove why we need to hire more staff.

Pros: I love the way Mavenlink automates communication as the project moves on down through the workflow. By using dependency arrows on the gantt chart, our creatives are automatically notified when their tasks are ready to start. It's pretty slick!

Cons: How unforgiving the gantt chart is. I realize it's web-based in a browser, but it really needs an "undo" button.

• Reviewed on 2016-06-29
Jacqueline F.
Sr. Manager, Projects, Events, Partnerships
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-30

"Mavenlink Rocks"

Comments: We use Mavenlink to project management all new school openings and are now starting to use it for all of our large national events. Mavenlink has definitely helped us open more schools worldwide efficiently and effectively. Before Mavenlink, communication and documentation were major issues around our projects. With Mavenlink, we are able to document our calls and follow ups within the system itself. Tasks linked to communications are also very helpful. The features I like best are ease of use, Dashboard view of all projects, Templates, sync to Google Apps, and Gannt.

Pros: Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

Cons: The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-30
Nick A.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-24

"Mastering Mavenlink"

Comments: Our PS team are increasing their usage, but there is a lot to learn. All the customisations ensure that as your business scales, so will Mavenlink.
The downside is that there is a significant learning curve ... but if you persist, it is quite satisfying :)

Pros: Loads of functionality. Pretty easy to self learn the basics if you are a collaborator. Fairly speedy and easy to navigate around ... Task and time tracking very straight forward.
Loads of out of the box analytics and insights ...

Cons: Definitely a learning curve when digging deeper in to functionality and setting up reports. It is soooo customisable that sometimes it can be overwhelming ...
Interface not that attractive, equally there is no fluff distractions ...

• Reviewed on 2020-09-24
Praveen R.
Software Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-19

"Very easy platform to engage with clients and to manage reports."

Pros: When a client assigns a project to our team we add a new page to our Mavenlink platform and share that with client and all the team members who will be working on the project. Clients can see updates, modifications and even daily reports. Our team don't have to update each time with the client or send them an email at the end of each day. Even if a client has different projects, they will see it on different pages which avoids confusion. The Gantt charts are the best feature included to avoid keeping multiple tabs open.

Cons: One of the main cons is that it will take considerably more time setting everything up. One has to dedicate for at least 4-5 hours to learn everything pretty well. The date format is given only in US standard and troubled us a lot in the beginning.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-19
Ravi R.
Associate Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-30

"Good tool for Internal improvements"

Comments: Our organisation has been able to streamline a group of integrated teams into a well structured project management tool. It's helped to track our progress in many ongoing projects. It made the team fulfil tasks faster.

Pros: Absolute perfect customer support. We have put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company. Even before Mavenlink, we had Microsoft Project for this, and it was not as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. The support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team is awesome. Whether it's getting questions answered, prioritising potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product road map . I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

Cons: Everything is fine, it is just we use custom fields on almost all tasks we create, so when created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template. It could be improved.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-30
Julie L.
Graphic Design Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-17

"Great Project Management Tool"

Pros: I love the easy UI of Mavenlink. The side menu bar is very easy to navigate. I like the time entries/timesheet interface. It's easy to create invoices and expense reports as well.

Cons: Reporting isn't always that intuitive - I have the most questions for our admin when it comes to pulling reports. Maybe I just need to be better educated on this though.

Steve M.
Information Technology & Services
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015-06-09

"PlanNet Consulting in its Fourth Year Using Mavenlink"

Pros: Mavenlink has a user-friendly, intuitive interface that enables our consultants to enter their time and expenses quickly and easily. It's integration with Quickbooks allows us to import data from Mavenlink into the appropriate income and cost categories saving time from doing it manually. We also love the Master Planning feature to get a better handle on our backlog and revenue forecasting as well as resource utilization. This ties into the Analytics reporting feature that gives us the information critical to decision-making. Lastly, the application is continually upgraded with new features based on user input including ours.

Cons: There's not much to dislike. I'd like to see a more robust file storage capability so our clients can access documents through a tiered folder structure. I'd like to see the Analytics reports and invoices have the added capability for customization.

• Reviewed on 2015-06-09
Julie L.
Senior Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-24

"On the right path"

Comments: I am able to know project status, watch hours, and keep people on task with Mavenlink. It's been very helpful to eliminate all the check-ins I had to do, asking people what their status is; now I can just look.

Pros: Mavenlink has saved us a TON of time that we were using communicating and threading multiple products together. It gives one single source or truth for project planning and management and has eliminated many meetings and replaced multiple softwares.

Cons: Every task takes a LOT of clicks. I have very basic needs and it takes a lot of clicking to get the PM info that I need just to monitor my projects. It's there but, I'm always about 7 clicks away from it. Also, the scheduling of tasks is very labor-intensive. It's so complicated that only 3 of us are trained on it and I am glad to not be one of them.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-24
Brooke C.
Project Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-18

"I can now put my data to work for me"

Comments: When I started my new job as Project Director at Primitive Spark, we had a variety of systems for managing our clients and operations, but most were not connected. After researching a ton of project management tools, we found Mavenlink to be as robust as we needed it to be without being overwhelming. The quick snapshots of the Analytics reports let you know if you're on track while the trends that are pulled from the Insights are very powerful to help us manage and course correct our estimate, resourcing and burn rate. Onboarding was easy and I always felt I had the support needed. So happy to have a single tool to help me do my job successfully.

Pros: Resourcing, Scheduling for projections, the ability to compare actuals vs. scheduled/estimates, timetracking with a timer/timesheet or in the weekly timesheet tool - flexibility to do it however works best for you. Easy onboarding of team...

Cons: The Gantt chart is slow to load when you have a large project plan, there is no in tool estimate feature really that is comprehensive, there are workarounds, but would love to see that added.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-18
Jessie C.
Director, Project Management
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-10

"A Great Project Management Software"

Pros: -good training resources and support
-great beginning to end project management
-flexible
-ability to select settings and setup in a way to optimize your business
-analytics / canned reports are a great way to understand the business
-connects with many other software allowing data flow back and forth

Cons: -custom reporting is complicated. Highly recommend the Mavenlink Business Intelligence solutions training for a good understanding of custom reporting capabilities.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-10
Julie F.
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-30

"Mavenlink has helped us to move forward ..."

Comments: I spent a lot of time setting searching for a project management tool that worked well within our company, gave us all the information we were looking for, was easy to work with, looked good and didn't force us to change our existing processes and ways of doing things. Mavenlink was the only software that even came close to our needs and since we started using it, it has really changed things around for our company. Thanks to all the information & financial insights that Mavenlink delivers, we are finally able to make decisions that are based on facts instead of gut feeling.

Pros: Mavenlink is very user-friendly and made it really easy for us to introduce the software to our staff. All information is kept in one place, which makes information-sharing much easier and everyone on the project has a better and more realistic idea of timelines, deliverables, allocated time etc. The support and customer service has been excellent so far, so a big thank you to Vanessa! The live chat is very useful and I also love that Mavenlink listens to its clients' feedback and uses their experience to improve the functionality.

Cons: The integration with Quickbooks UK is still very basic so we can't really make use of it at the moment. The time tracking could also be simplified as it can get a bit confusing.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-30
Jonathan F.

"Disappointed"

Comments: Not great.

Pros: Very robust. And I like that time tracking is integrated into the software.

Cons: For the price, and for what we THOUGHT we could do, very disappointed with the tool to date. Good chance we're moving away from Mavenlink before the next renewal.

by Mavenlink on 2020-10-05

We are sorry about your disappointing experience and appreciate your feedback. Our CSC is working with your team to help provide more support and training to help with your utilization/capacity hardship that you are facing. We hope that this will help resolve and make things better. We always strive to do better moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if there's anything else that we can assist you with. You can reach your CSC here at 800- 860-9544 or our support team at [email protected] Thank you.

Tiffany Nguyen
Senior Manager, Customer Advocacy

Licensed Professional Counselor
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-09

"Is used for daughter's piano lessons"

Comments: I am able to see everything my daughter is working in at her music school and have a way to communicate directly with her teacher with any questions over assignments. It is a safe, secure wa to communication.

Pros: We really enjoy this app and being able to look up her assignment for the week, to communicate with the teacher with any questions, having the ability to upload video or pictures.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-09
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-14

"Would recommend for project based businesses."

Pros: The reporting that the software provided was very valuable to our team as we were able to gauge the success rate of projects as they were proceeding through the various steps. Knowing how many were in the Green as opposed to the Red was valuable information.

Cons: Our team had a tough time getting used to the time tracking aspects compared to the previous software that was used. Didn't seem to be a natural transition so there were still errors weeks & months after switching over.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-14
Jessica W.
Studio Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-12

"Wonderful Software, Customer Setup Support is Lacking"

Comments: We run a small firm of 5-10 employee's and this software has revolutionized the way we schedule projects (MS project was far to aggressive for our requirements). Project flow, resourcing and scheduling are very intuitive and the level of detail is invaluable. The whole experience is easily customized to your kind of business (we have on average between 30-60 projects, up to 140 tasks per project to give you an idea of our scope.) We do not have a formally trained Project Manager on Staff but the interface was easy to learn and looks to be able to expand with us as we grow in size. Our setup was a logistical nightmare however. Our assigned support expert was often non-responsive to simple requests and provided almost no real training on how to set up the system in a way that was tailored to our specific company requirements and billing structure. There are no phone numbers you can call, e-mail is the only communication method provided. We actually ended up trading in his support for extra time with a training manager who finally got us up and mostly running. I would say we are utilizing about 80% of what the software is capable of at 4 months into implementation mostly due to lack of attention to detail during setup. (We do not bill or invoice through this software.) On a lower level support is wonderful. We often use the Live Help Chat (with a great success rate) and the knowledge base covers a wide range of topics and seems to be continually developing. If you have motivation and initiative this is a great product.

• Reviewed on 2016-04-12
Scientist
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-25

"Extensive features and strong communication options"

Comments: Overall Mavenlink is a strong contender. It may take longer to initially learn than some other options, but I think the extent of the customization would make it worth the time.

Pros: I've been shopping around for project management software recently and Mavenlink is a solid program. The amount of features and customization available is extensive and great for teams that like to organize minute details. I'm a big fan of the interface - it's one of the least cluttered and more intuitive ones I've come across. The program offers a lot in terms of client collaboration and transparency as well.

Cons: There's a bit of a steep learning curve to get the hang of all of the features, but that is to be expected with any program that offers an extensive amount of them.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-25
Graphic Designer
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-17

"Best project manager out there"

Pros: This software is the reason why I am able to be organized and work 50+ hours a week. I am able to find all my projects in one place with all the files and links that I need. It saves a bunch of time than to be digging in folder after folder. There are some great integrations with Google. We use it to also track time and expenses.

Cons: I think it is expensive. If it was cheaper, I think the entire company would implement this software.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-17
Campaign Specialist
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-13

"Mavenlink Review"

Pros: Tasks were easy to manage and duplicate as templates once imported into the system once. I really liked the feature where you could update project managers/admins on how far things were completed - saved up a lot of time and unwanted "Where are you on this?" emails/Slacks/etc.

Cons: It was easy for tasks to get muddled together. User permissions could be improved to not let just anyone provide updates within the project.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-13
Paul J.
Director of Operations
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-21

"Powerful but Elusive"

Comments: It goes deeper than some of the competitors but is not very user-friendly when creating projects. Not very intuitive at all. Inability to create "placeholder" tasks within a project and run scenarios. Time tracking is extensive but very confusing. Onboarding fee very high compared to competitors and is very cookie cutter.

Pros: Very deep and detailed project planning. Excellent analytics capabilities. Multiple view options. Solid Mobile implementation.

Cons: Display and printing options very limited. No dedicated Mobile App. Setup and support are pricey for the level and detail of training they deliver. Very difficult to create planning scenario projects. If you want to "spec" out a project plan and not include actual team members receiving e-mails, etc. you can't do that in any meaningful way. Certain actions are "forced" so you can't override certain functions in order to create "what if" scenarios. Additional licenses are required even for creating users who will barely interact with the system. It gets expensive quickly.

• Reviewed on 2017-04-21