• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp's all-in-one Marketing Platform helps small businesses market smarter so you can grow faster.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Showing 14,201 reviews

Post Wedding Specialist
Photography, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-07

"Really easy to use email marketing software with an intuitive interface"

Comments: Using this to keep our e-mail subscriber on the loop about our company's news and send out informative e-mails to large lists of partners. We stopped using it to answer leads because it would be too expensive.

Pros: What I love the most is that I am able to gather leads and upload lists of clients and then segment them in ways that make sense to me. The list feature was easy to understand from the go. The e-mail designs are also very nicely presented and have helped me several times when I ran out of ideas for content or layout as I would just switch to a different one and get inspiration from it. It integrates with almost ANYTHING, and if you can't find a service you need, there's likely a zap for that ;) The free version was good for a while, but... (on to the "cons")

Cons: After some time and as our e-mail lists grow bigger, the software becomes virtually impossible to use at its free version. The way it corners users to pay is quite intelligent if you ask me, but it can be a bit frustrating when the price is not something you had budgeted for or something that would normally produce any kind of earnings. As most of the e-mails we shoot with MailChimp are not sales e-mails, it has been hard to justify any kind of investment. This happens at about the 2000 users mark. Other than this, I also thought the template editing tool was a bit hard to use and I gave up on changing any layouts after some time, which is not a big "con" because the ones that are provided are good for almost any use, but sometimes you have something specific in mind and it would be nice if MailChimp made it easier to design it.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-07
Gavin D.
Marketing Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-14

"Superior Emails, Superior Results"

Comments: Overall, I love Mailchimp. It's extremely easy to use–unlike other email services–yet advanced features (such as segmentation, email scheduling, merge tags, etc.) are available for those who want to use them. I would never switch to another email service, even if it were free because of how comfortable I am with Mailchimp!

Pros: The templates provided by Mailchimp are extremely easy to use as the drag-and-drop elements have been designed gorgeously. Importing contacts from a CSV file is convenient, and the segmenting features are advanced. However, the thing I like most about the service is the user-friendly UI that allows me to navigate between audiences, campaigns, and templates seamlessly and intuitively.

Cons: While there are some reports available, the advanced ones do not come with the standard package that my company is paying for. Reporting, from my experience, is very basic and should be more readily available to people of all plans in order to evaluate email marketing campaigns.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-14
Heather T.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-16

"They have an amazing free plan, but it becomes less enticing with the paid plan"

Comments: I use the automations mostly. Collect email addresses from multiple sites, and have them go into one list with multiple tags. Basic email marketing, with good templates, and easy to use.

Pros: There's a reason most people start with Mailchimp - they have a free plan for up to 2,000 subscribers. Very clever, because once you get to a higher level, if you're like me, you're going to stay with them because you're too lazy to learn a new platform. The fact is, when you have a list of over 10,000 people, you're probably better off going to an all-in-one like Kajabi, but the inertia sets in. Mailchimp is easy. They do automations. Segmentation. Tags and personalization. Integrate with Mailchimp and other providers. All good. But so do other people. I got started on MC though, and so it is with MC that I stick.

Cons: There are some issues with integrations into Shopify. I'm not thrilled with the cost. I don't really dislike anything, it's just that they're not particularly good for the cost, and other people offer the same thing, or more, for less. If you're just starting out, it's tempting to go with MC because they're free. But please keep it in the back of your mind that as soon as you get to their paid level, you'll switch.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-16
Rebecca B.
Digital Marketer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-18

"A Great Marketing Platform"

Comments: This platform helps me to help small businesses grow. You can start off free (and get a lot for free) and grow as your business grows.

Pros: I love that MailChimp offers landing page creation! I can connect Square and create event landing pages that look professional and are easy for my clients to update. I also love that they continue to upgrade their platform.

Cons: Sometimes text formatting has limits or shows bold text when it's not selected. But that's really the only thing I dislike.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-18
Thandile N.
Freelancer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-13

"Easy to use!"

Comments: In general we have had an incredible involvement in Mailchimp. We intend to develop and carry out and utilize a greater amount of the highlights as we figure out how to utilize them and as our association develops. I consistently prescribe mailchimp to other people.

Pros: Their capacity to advance conveniently — versatile application, instruction program, email to postcards. The ease of use and deliverability of our email leaflets was the explanation we picked Mailchimp various years earlier as our go-to email release and advancing responsibility stage. The new functionalities added all through the long haul, for instance, association assignment from client accounts, better separating centers inside a once-over, ability to re-hit the people who didn't open a mission, the better-streaming motorizations (spill campaigns) are fantastic - it's all easy to use and appreciate and are unprecedented improvements we utilize progressively more reliably.

Cons: Mailchimp weakens the import office once they distinguished the high skip rate from the group. Around there, people can't import more messages to the current group without using manual email adding. Subsequently, there is an example that people show less continuing. So as an answer, if Mailchimp can add a mail verifier part first and add the incredible once to the group I figure it will serve to the customers and customer may provoke continue without left.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-13
Grayson T.
General Manager
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-24

"How else are you going to gather all of those emails for your e-business?"

Comments: Outreach. Automated email collection, retention, and outreach.

Pros: It makes a very difficult facet of growing a business fairly simple. Collecting emails. The hardest thing to do in today's society is get somebody to hand over their email. And while MailChimp doesn't automatically convince people to do so, it gives you great tools to sway their confidence. You get free landing pages that you can use with directing traffic to your site to add incentive to their email. "10% off if you join our mailing list!" You can also schedule automatic emails to follow up a purchase to request a review or offer a repeat buyers promo. They give you templates to help build these outreach options with expediency and efficiency. It's really hard to not find reason after reason to use MailChimp of you have your own business, especially an internet based business. You're not nearly as effective without it.

Cons: Very little. You have to subscribe, and the levels are tiered for number of emails so you pay more as you grow but that's also beneficial to the initial user with a small customer base. Only pay for what you need. There are myriad options to use as well, so the average user may need to really learn the system to get the most from it. Take advantage of it though and it's worth your time and money.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-24
Peter P.
Software Project Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-14

"Mailchimp organizes and manages all activities in the network efficiently."

Comments: With Mailchimp I have the ideal tool, which allows me to generate emailing activities, newsletters and promotions, manage subscriptions and register forms automatically, just one click is enough for the system to work for me, when creating Subscription forms can be integrated into my website, social networks, etc, I have even created important contacts that have been very significant in our activities.
This platform allows me to create pre-established campaigns, in which it is possible to interact with colleagues, staff and customers thanks to its automation.

Pros: This platform is very easy to use and also offers a wide variety of applications, Mailchimp has advanced automation properties, which allows us to configure activities for different compartments online, where we can adapt the emails according to the activities shown by our customers. It has been very useful to send product recommendations, promotions and notifications just by clicking on a specific link.
With this system we can integrate with Zapier, which facilitates the way to automatically configure different applications on the internet, where we can program actions between different accounts on the web in a very simple way, the system can support a large number of applications. segmentation methods are excellent for the particularity they have of being able to combine up to five positive or negative applications, also has forms in pop-up windows integrated into the web page.

Cons: Mailchimp can be somewhat complicated with respect to its use especially at the beginning, however the system offers content, such as tutorials that will surely be enjoying the benefits that this wonderful platform offers us in a short time.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-14
Dennis M.
Director of Operation
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-20

"Automation Superstar"

Comments: Great! I really use it every week without the need to even login to the platform.

Pros: We use a Wordpress drven communication strategy and Mailchimp has allowed us to stay connected with our community. Mailchimp monitors our website for fresh content and shares it with subscribers. We end up with about 1600 contacts a month through this channel alone. Our members let me know if their email is even 5 minutes late.

Cons: I haven't tried everything with it - I haven't found a function that I have not been able to accomplish with it. I guess the pausing campaigns is clunky.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-20
Cathy J.
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-15

"I See No Reason To Change"

Comments: I use Mailchimp in my personal blog and it is a very small blog. It was very easy to set up and I was collecting emails within 45 minutes and I do not consider myself remarkably savvy with software. I have had to call customer service a few times and the information that I have received recently is conflicting with different reps telling me different things. Right after I started using Mailchimp I had issues with complaints, I did something wrong and inundated my readers with emails. Mailchimp did not listen to me so I had to spend 2 weeks and hours trying to get back up and running. But other than that I have had not issues. It seamlessly moves from platform to platform and brand to brand with no effort. I see no reason to look for another solution since this works so well.

Pros: Mailchimp is very easy to use. I have used it with a number of programs and it seamlessly integrates into whatever platform I am using. It is quick to set up and very easy to learn. I use Mailchimp on my personal blog and I was collecting emails within 45 minutes of getting it. I appreciate that it has a step ladder of pricing options so even the very small start up can afford it

Cons: They seem to have made a few changes in their pricing structure lately and I feel that you get conflicting information when you try customer service. It is very easy to get taken down when they receive complaints and you have to defend yourself. They do not listen to both side before taking it down.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-15
Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-08

"Complete solution for email newsletters"

Comments: I've used Mailchimp in several contexts in non-profit educational sector and it proved fit for all these purposes. We've implemented it as the main newsletter solution for the two big mailing list of the organization (3k+ and 5k+ subscribers) to send newsletters (2 issues/month). As the organization has different target audiences it was very important to be able to segment the lists and to be able to choose who gets a particular issue of the newsletter (as some things are not always relevant for all the members who subscribed) and the app proved very beneficial in this respect. This allowed us to keep the users engaged with the list since they did not get too many issues that were not so relevant for them. Also, it is worth noting that the analytics part of the app is really great as you can track open rate, engagement and all other important aspects and can really improve your messages (subject lines, headlines) from one newsletter issue to the next based on this.
Another thing worth mentioning is that the free version also provides good starting solution for non-profits (that I mostly work with) to send newsletters as it provides enough users to fit their needs at first and then you can choose to upgrade later when the lists grows, and since it is really easy to use you can even give the administration of the newsletter sending through Mailchimp to one of the volunteers, which was very beneficial for me in this non-profit context.

Pros: With Mailchimp it is easy to make the newsletter look good on different devices and it guides you through the process so you don't omit some important aspects (to be GDPR-complient etc.). When you send the email (ie. newsletter issue / campaign) you get detailed analytics that gives you a good overview how your newsletter is doing which helps a lot. The app also helps you keep your mailing list healthy (removing duplicates, inactive users, managing unsubscriptions) which really simplifies the process.
Another thing that I really like is the interface with a lot of funny messages from the chimp (hence the mailchimp name) that puts some fun into the process.

Cons: We've had some issues with the email landing into the spam folder of the recepients, but it turned out that it had more to do with the domains of the organization and less with the app itself.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-08
John T.
Systems and Database Administrator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Invaluable tool and outstanding product"

Comments: Tracking changes to preferences is highly useful and also enforcing GDPR and resub scribe policy help to ensure we don't break any laws by accident.

Pros: List management and filter controls were the most helpful part of the software. Being able to target to the audiences we want. Using the Tags in connection with groups really works well with how we want to send our email.

Cons: The individual search tool isn't self intuitive. What it can do is search everything but if it could filter with multiple fields it would help when finding contacts.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-09
Christopher M.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-31

"Mailchimp Will Automate Your Email Marketing While Making You Look Good!"

Comments: Mailchimp is fantastic for business owners or even agencies who need simple email marketing with robust automation. The software provides end-to-end resources that can allow us to monetize our audiences and provide our subscribers with relevant value .

Pros: Mailchimp's strongest attribute is its pre-made design templates that allow us to get started in a matter of seconds. Often times, for simple correspondence, email templates are we need, and it is a matter of drag-and-dropping our assets. Secondly, the automation features of Mailchimp are extremely robust. We are able to segment our audiences and target our emails knowing that they will be relevant to the person it reaches.

Cons: Mailchimp is a drag-and-drop design software that allows assets to be placed in ridgid sections. The software does not allow for HTML or CSS design. If you are looking to create something more aesthetically dynamic, you will need to check out another software.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-31
Marketing Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-01

"Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections."

Pros: MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes. It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign. Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons: Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-01
Brandon G.
Development Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-06

"Mailchimp doesn't money around when it comes to features and customer service"

Comments: Working for a non-profit and having a very targeted base of individuals that I am trying to communicate with can be cumbersome and frustrating because that target group is very segmented by demographics. Mailchimp allows me to modify how I communicate with these segments, without having to reinvent the wheel and send separate campaigns to each segment. I can easily create one campaign and then segment from within to make sure I am communicating correctly to each group.

Pros: Mailchimp has a robust and user friendly dashboard that makes it easy for a novice to get started with an email campaign. That being said, hidden below the surface of templates and cookie cutter designs are fully customizable features and the ability to code your own emails. I believe it serves as the best of both worlds for the unassuming small business owner who really does't have time to learn or the the money to hire a professional to handle their email marketing; it also allows large corporations with a scantly lit room full of code loving nerds to have full control of their email design. Mailchimp doesn't discriminate between these two worlds when it comes the analytics and reporting , they have a terrific suite of tools to measure success. To top it all off, Mailchimp is constantly updating their technology to improve their product and help businesses communicate with their customers.

Cons: The worst thing about Mailchimp is their pricing, they can get pretty steep when you start trying to expand your reach and communicate with a larger audience. The pricing isn't outrageous, but it also isn't competitive. The other cons in my opinion are personal annoyances and probably aren't shared among a whole lot of other users. Their automation tools are a bit limited, my expectations were set high based on all the features that Mailchimp has, automation is one that is still a work in progress. My other annoyance is the branded copy all over the site, it's like being instructed by two dudebros who are constantly making inside references as they show you around. Some probably find this very charming, I find it kind of irritating.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-06
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-30

"Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver"

Comments: I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros: Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons: Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-30
Nate S.
Digital Creative Director
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-05

"Mailchimp is the end all be all..."

Comments: Mailchimp has allowed me to not only grow both my business' engaged clientele base, but also fans of my music and label! It's also allowed me to provide campaigns and reporting for my clients that are easy to understand and digest. With just social, it can be hard to cut through the saturation, but with email marketing, you're going directly to your Interested audience and able to create incentive for them to not only continue to engage, but to share with others. It's been truly amazing.

Pros: The ease of use is off the charts. Aside from that, their pre-fab templates help you get you to market quickly, amazing analytics, integrations and flexibility, and incredible resources to help you learn and become an ESP pro. They make it easy to grow your audience with pop-up forms that can be integrated on your website, or separately, and make it a good point to stick to industry regulations. They're the most robust ESP on the market, and you shouldn't use anything else. Plus, their branding is just fun, and every now and then, they'll do something special for their customers (i.e. free socks and swag).

Cons: There's nothing I dislike about Mailchimp. So long as they continue to grow the integrations and capacity to link with outside vendors and applications, they'll continue to rule the market.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-05
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-10

"Easy to get started, still needs some additional features"

Comments: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros: I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons: I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-10
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-03

"Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!"

Comments: We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros: - Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons: - Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

• Reviewed on 2020-01-03
Jeremiah P.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-24

"My Go-to for email marketing"

Comments: Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable. I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros: Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes. Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money. Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection. More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons: In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love: 1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).
As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-24
Madison K.
Marketing Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-03

"My Favorite Email-Builder"

Comments: I love Mailchimp. When I started at a new company last year, I convinced them to switch from their previous program to Mailchimp for email building because it just provides a better product. They've been ecstatic and we find ourselves using it more and more. At all of the companies/organizations I've been privileged enough to work for that use Mailchimp, it has been a critical tool in marketing, sales, and communication. I cannot speak highly enough of it, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Pros: Mailchimp is the best email builder I've ever used. I've worked in many other programs over the years but none work as seamlessly or have the same visual result as Mailchimp. In addition, the audience management feature is accessible and easy to use, and their analytics are incredible learning tools. That being said, my experience with Mailchimp is primarily only in the email builder, and I have not done enough with their other marketing features to be able to speak on them.

Cons: There are only a few features about Mailchimp that are lacking, but they pale in comparison to the power and capabilities of the entire platform. I would love the option to use an image as a background in an email, I would love to be able to add attachments to an email (i.e. a PDF, image, or another document), and I would love to be able to embed a wider range of items into the "code" widget (i.e. a pdf book-flipper like Flipsnack, or a video embedded from a site other than YoutTube, like Wistia). However, overall my experience with this plaform and its capabilities is overwhelmingly positive, and these are only small critiques and wish-list items.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-03
Jennifer D.
Director of Development
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-19

"Easy to use and free!"

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pros: There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Cons: Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-19
Max S.
Managing Director
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-12

"Expensive But worth It"

Comments: Mailchimp is amazing for people who want to tailer their mail-outs to the branding or image of their company, product, brand etc It's got some incredibly detailed functions that allow for a really cohesive end-product. As a mailer, its probably one of the best on the market in the UK, offers a free service up to 1000 subscribers (which is great for a brand new businesses & projects), and is really easy to use. However, for companies like the one I used to manage, we had a big budget but not big enough to justify the amount MailChimp were spending when compared to how much we were using it. The nature of our business is music events, and its one of those markets that people don't want to see your company in their emails every day. Which then of course leads to the issue of: Yes, we want a product like MailChimp that will allow us to make high-quality mailers, BUT,
No, we can't justify spending the amount they charge when we only use it once every 4 - 6 weeks.

Pros: The softwares functionality - it's incredibly easy to use and the learning curve is very shallow. I can imagine people with no graphic design or artistic training (like myself) would be intimidated about creating a mailer that could be seen by thousands of people - but Mailchimp have created something that is really easy to use and really great.

Cons: The software is very expensive for what it is. For a lot of people who hope to get their company, product, brand out to the masses - this software may quickly be out of their price range/budget. The price, in my opinion, is justified for how good the software is, but is definitely not accessible to those who only require or feel the need to send mailers once every so often to over 1000 subscribers.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-12
Melissa M.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-05

"Budget Friendly"

Comments: Overall Mailchimp is a great software to use to send out marketing emails to your clients and/or members. There are lots of templates to choose from and the set up is pretty straight forward.

Pros: Mailchimp is a great software for those who have a low budget. You can get the basic features at no and/or low cost. The pricing is based on the number of contacts that you have, which is nice.

Cons: I felt like when they redid the dashboard, it was a bit confusing to me. I have already really understood how tags worked for what the advantage to using them was/is even then I was encouraged to use them.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-05
Avash K.
WordPress Developer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-25

"One of the Best Email Marketing Software"

Comments: Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pros: I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Cons: In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-25
Aimee G.
Director of Marketing
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-13

"Easy to use and manage for small business"

Pros: MailChimp has certainly evolved and changed to suit business needs in the 5 years we have been using it. At first we only used it for HTML emails, but have since gone on to use Landing Pages, signup forms via Audiences, lead management, etc. As a small marketing team, we need a nimble and easy to use program and MailChimp is it.

Cons: Often times the templates can be frustrating as blocks won’t work or can’t be overwritten

• Reviewed on 2020-12-13