• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp's all-in-one Marketing Platform helps small businesses market smarter so you can grow faster.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Showing 14,187 reviews

Joshua G.
Manager: Crisis Services
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Newsletters Made Easy"

Comments: Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros: I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons: While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Curt C.
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-23

"Robust Email Marketing that Stays Ahead of the Curve"

Comments: As a startup marketing agency, we’ve used Mailchimp for many years. Unlike most other platforms, Mailchimp has evolved at a steady pace and stayed ahead of our needs each step of the way...not just maintaining the status quo like most other email marketing platforms in this tired space.

Pros: Their ability to evolve in useful ways — mobile app, education program, email to postcards, etc — is what we like most, for sure, and why we stay with and recommend Mailchimp to others.

Cons: The thing we like the least? Small issues like the inability to see Segment sizes in an overview/list view (instead of how it is currently, requiring one to click into each segment).

• Reviewed on 2021-02-23
Shahila A.
Business Development Manager
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-01

"Marketing campaign is easy with Mailchimp"

Comments: The reason why we are still sticking with this software is, they always updating their service and feature that are so much needed for us to build a effective marketing campaign. They always listen to user opinion and need, and translate it to improving their service better.

Pros: The most useful feature that i really like with this software is the audience management tools. It help me to manage the contact list and targeting our campaign to the right audience based on the demographic and niche that we have selected. The lookalike audience feature also help to expend our list of audience.

Cons: I would like if the can add more email campaign template that can fit my email objective. For now, there are not many choices that user can use form the template library and we had to build our own template from the start. Overall, i still satisfy with all other service and the marketing feature that this software has.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-01
Jason F.
Partner
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-18

"Mailchimp is a powerhouse in email marketing"

Comments: Overall we've loved using Mailchimp to build out our outbound marketing campaigns and to reinforce our inbound campaigns. Mailchimp has allowed us to grow our email lists and allowed us to offer a better range of services to our clients for their marketing needs.

Pros: Mailchimp is an easy-to-use product that makes complex marketing tasks feel simple. Whether you are building a single email campaign or a multi-level drip program, Mailchimp makes the process easy to understand and implement. The ability to automate your marketing campaigns is invaluable for busy entrepreneurs.

Cons: While the UX of Mailchimp is easy to understand, being able to know all of the features Mailchimp has to offer can be a struggle at times. I'd like to see a "Mailchimp University" that allows you to learn not only about the features Mailchimp offers, but the concepts behind the marketing tasks that can be performed within the software.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-18
James A.
National Manager Information Systems
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-13

"Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use."

Comments: Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros: The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe. Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool. Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost. Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete. Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting. API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons: Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage. They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair. Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-13
Jonathan W.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-24

"Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers"

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros: This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons: The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-24
Senior Business Partnerships Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-15

"It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails"

Comments: I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros: I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons: I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

• Reviewed on 2020-07-15
Feyisayo E.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-09

"Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy"

Comments: My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

Pros: 1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer. 2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp 3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent. 4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

Cons: The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-09
Ankit P.
Co-Founder
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation"

Comments: Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pros: Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Cons: The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-09
Marketing Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-21

"My Absolute Favorite EMSP"

Comments: I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros: What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons: The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-21
Ian P.
Head of Channel Sales
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-30

"Solid Tool for Email Marketing"

Comments: My overall experience with Mailchimp was a positive one. It worked well with our CRM, and was well supported by their sales and service teams. We used Mailchimp to drive email marketing efforts and, in turn, drive inbound leads and software demo requests. It was incredibly successful, as the company has continued to grow throughout our time of using mailchimp. Additionally, we saw an increase in inbound leads each month over the first 12 months of using Mailchimp. While the send and contact restriction did cause some frustration and delays, the overall experience was quite positive. I would recommend Mailchimp to other companies.

Pros: What I liked most about Mailchimp was it's ease of use (for our applications) and the company's customer service. It was very easy to use Mailchimp in conjunction with our CRM, HubSpot to help our email marketing efforts. We would sort, export, and download targeted lists of customers from HubSpot and upload those lists to Mailchimp. This process was incredibly easy and allowed us to be more efficient and timely with our email marketing campaigns. Additionally, any time we had any questions or issues about Mailchimp, their customer service and sales teams were always incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

Cons: What I liked least about this software was the pricing plan restrictions. My software company had a very, very large customer and prospect base. We targeted many different markets with a large number of people within each organization. Our software could be used by entire companies, so reaching out to many different decision makers or users was an effective marketing strategy. However, the pricing plans restricted us to a certain number of sends and contacts per month. We often found ourselves having to meet to discuss where we were going to make cuts to our email marketing efforts, which took away time from being productive. We essentially had to ration our sends on a monthly basis, because we did not see the value in the price increase for more sends. Although it would have helped our company operationally, it would have been too expensive. I feel they need to increase the number of contacts and sends for each pricing plan.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-30
Randi Z.
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-21

"Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business"

Comments: Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros: I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons: My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-21
Emeka O.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-21

"MailChimp made email marketing very easy and cheap"

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's been so amazing. It's so amazing that I've adopted it as the email marketing software of choice even when I'm teaching my digital marketing students. Being very easy to learn, easy to use, and also free to start, I've kept recommending it to people. It's such an awesome software.

Pros: MailChimp is an email marketing software. I so much love this software for so many reasons. These reasons include: 1. Easy to learn: MailChimp was the very first email marketing software I used. Even though I was only a newbie in email marketing when I started using it, it was so easy for me to learn. 2. Easy to use: Using MailChimp for email marketing is very easy. It has templates that only need to be edited to give beautiful email outlook. There's no need to do html coding of the email - this could have needed some technical know-how. 3. Landing Page Builder: With MailChimp I'm able to build landing pages for products. I didn't need a website to build a landing page. I used MailChimp for that. 4. Facebook Integration: It's possible to Integrate Facebook to MailChimp. This is very easy. No programming knowledge is required. By integrating Facebook to MailChimp, it was very easy to run Facebook adverts for custom and lookalike audiences using my email subscribers list. It's also easy to run Facebook adverts with lead generation objective right from MailChimp. 5. Free to start: Something very beautiful about MailChimp is that it can allow a user to have up to 2,000 subscribers, and be able to send up to 12,000 emails per month on the free mode. This was very helpful as I never had to spend any money on email marketing for my startup. MailChimp helped me save cost. 6. Analytics: MailChimp have provision for email analytics. This helped me measure some metrics.

Cons: Not withstanding all those benefits, I have some things I don't like about MailChimp. 1. Affiliate marketing: I'm also an affiliate marketer. I've read that MailChimp is not very kind to affiliate marketers. They imposed a very strict measure on the type of product to be marketed. This has made me not to consider it in my affiliate marketing venture. 2. Cost on the long run: Another thing is that after a business has exceeded the 2,000 subscribers, or 12,000 emails per month benchmark on the free mode, one will have to purchase a package to keep using the software. Apart from those two cons, MailChimp is generally an awesome email marketing software.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-21
Amy W.
Associate Director of Development
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-05

"Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!"

Pros: Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons: Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-05
Kristi P.
Chief Do-Gooder
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Great For Simple Needs"

Comments: One of the reasons I have stuck with Mailchimp, at least for now, is how easily it integrates with Squarespace. It's hard to think of changing that. Overall, Mailchimp has been a good option as a startup with limited time and resources. Depending on people's needs, I do recommend it to friends and clients, but it certainly has it's limitations for growing and scaling with more complex needs. If you are new to email marketing, though, certainly give it a try as your training wheels. It's worked out well for many people and companies.

Pros: One of the reasons Mailchimp is so popular is that it's pretty easy to use. It was definitely a pioneer in the drag and drop space for email templates. And they've added a lot of bells and whistles over the year as well. Plus, they're a generous and charitable company, which I appreciate. Though you could easily spend days trying to learn all the features, if you have pretty simple needs, you'll be able to get up and running fairly quickly.

Cons: Mailchimp was a leader in the market when they started. I'd argue that they've fallen behind the curve. I believe they started adding new features like landing pages and ads, when they should've really caught up with their competition in their core asset—email marketing. If you only really need to email the same group of people over and over again, or have a few sub-lists working in tandem with the main one, Mailchimp gets the job done. But if you have multiple opt-ins, for example, you'll be disappointed at how clunky the system is to navigate, set up, and organize. A lot of patchwork has to be done, or you have to operate a lot of different lists, which isn't recommended. This is where I find myself, and why many people I know have switched away from this software. It is a basic need for so many businesses now, and one of the reasons I think Mailchimp is losing market share, despite adding several new features over the past two years. I'd really love to see them get back to the basics and make strong improvements there.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-25
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-26

"Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing"

Comments: Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros: Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap. Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons: There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged. Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-26
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-23

"Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support"

Pros: If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing. What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software. The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from. There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers. What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons: MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other. Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them. A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this. Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-23
Derek R.
Web Developer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-17

"A GREAT Starting Point for Small Business"

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for at least 5 years now as a starting point for new clients who have a really small email list, or no existing list at all, and want to collect email addresses via their website. While the embed code MailChimp provides is incredibly easy to use, I typically do a Gravity Forms > MailChimp integration to collect addresses that way. Everything I've ever needed to do in MailChimp has been easy, whether it's importing/exporting/managing contacts, creating email campaigns or viewing analytics from sent campaigns.

Pros: Generally speaking, MailChimp is one of the easier platforms to use when it comes to creating email marketing campaigns. Their visual builder is simple and intuitive, making it accessible to those who aren't as technically inclined. The fact that you can have up to 2000 contacts at no cost makes it a no-brainer starting point for anyone looking to build a small or non-existent email list.

Cons: The email templates available to free account users are okay, but they are happy to show all the premium templates alongside the free one's so you know just what you are missing.

Chawn Y.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-19

"Love it but confused on violation"

Comments: Great! I am a fan! If someone from Mailchimp is reading this, I would love to better understand this violation. But whatever, I love MC.

Pros: After the painful process of developing multiple websites (as a layman) on my own, I was relieved to run across Mailchimp. In short, it was awesome to find such a simple way to launch a "website" (land page) with little hassle for an collaborative webinar. Seriously, the landing page and email campaign were launched in less than 2 hours which included developing the content. Based on my past experience with designing websites, deploying this landing page was a walk in the park. Ok, what I liked most? Well, I really liked the ease of use, user friendly and intuitive interface. Seriously, it was so simple that even a caveman could do it. Connecting my pay gate was also a breeze. There are other add-ons (aside from the email campaigns), but I've not gotten around to using any of them just yet.

Cons: The variation of templates are lacking a bit which is offset by the customizable/DIY function. And, what templates are available look pretty good... Obviously, I am a fan of Mailchimp, right? Well, I was a bit confused when they shut down my latest landing page siting that it was in violation of their terms of service. To this day, I still have no idea why they shut it down, because they just directed me back to their terms page. Anyway, I am not deterred from using it. It's that awesome!

• Reviewed on 2019-10-19
Mikhaela B.
Admin/Receptionist
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-29

"Very Convenient for Email Blasting!"

Comments: even if its only a free account, we can still send limited emails and is still able to perform its job becuase we do get some responses from the email blasts that we send

Pros: What I like most about this product is that I can send newsletters to our customers in one go. We can send emails to thousands of subscribers in just one click and we can even design the content to make it eye-catching to readers. We can also see the reports about the specific emails if it has a positive feedback or not. So if you are looking for a platform to send emails to lots of people, I really recommend using MailChimp!

Cons: What i dont like is that it is a bit pricey on the budget. When I first made an account, almost all of the templates were free to use and there were no limit on making a list for the contacts, but on the recent update, they made it a paid version. There were only very little access in the free account and not everyone can afford to pay.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-29
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-20

"Must have to any marketing and sales effort!"

Comments: MailChimp is a welcome tool for just about any Marketing campaign! The automation it provides will save you a lot of time and effort so you can focus on managing the leads. The reporting tool is pretty comprehensive and the Forever Free Plan is worth giving a try. The Pro features that come with the paid plans are worth it as well, especially for crucial marketing periods during the fiscal year.

Pros: We used to send out marketing emails manually, batch by batch, divide and conquer among our staff. Using MailChimp saved us a lot of time and effort by allowing us to automate the sending of emails, and even track the effectiveness of the content and automate some scripted replies. Another thing I liked the most is that MailChimp provides 15 templates to start with (instead of having to build from scratch). For beginners and those who are hesistant, the Forever Free Plan allows you to have up to 2,500 subscribers and to send out up to 12,000 emails/month. That's quite a lot already especially for small businesses. To reach out to a bigger audience, you may want to consider the paid plans. Sales and Marketing team will love its reporting tool to see the effectiveness of your campaign and email interaction from your target audience. It is also integrable to third-party apps and e-commerce platforms.

Cons: The template automations are great, but for more complex marketing workflows, we really had a difficult time (maybe because our correspondence is rather too complex and multi-step). Keep in mind also that you'll have to clean up your list of subscribers since duplicate entries will still be charged to the subscriber count.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-20
Claudia C.
Head Secretary
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-01

"Great for sending weekly news out!"

Comments: Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform that helps the church members at the church stay connected with what is going on every single week. Many people look forward to receiving it. I also like how I can see who has viewed your campaign, and how many times a link has been clicked. I also enjoy being able to send drafts of the campaign to multiple e-mail addresses so that I can get input and feedback from various people before sending out the final one. It helps get the work done and info out in a creative way.

Pros: I liked the ability to be creative with the fonts, display settings, choose from numerous, different templates that are available, and can even put GIPHY's in there too! I use this to send out weekly newsletters to members of a presbyterian church so that they can stay in touch with everything that is going on in the church. Announcements, sermon titles, pictures, and meeting location/dates/times are all uploaded and displayed in any way I want. I also like how I can put links to PDF files, websites, e-mail addresses, etc.

Cons: Limited fonts to choose from, and inability to make a change after you send the e-mail out. Often times, when I found a mistake in a campaign I had already sent, I couldn't update the campaign to show the correction. I would have to make another campaign and send that newer version out again, which might confuse a lot of people. Also, sometimes, it would appear differently on different e-mails (i.e. aol.com vs. gmail.com vs. work e-mail).

• Reviewed on 2019-02-01
Kristi A.
Marketing & PR
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-18

"MailChimp takes a big idea and makes it simple"

Comments: MailChimp helped us to develop email marketing campaigns with a superior look, feel, and function than we had ever had before. It was what really introduced us to a higher level of email marketing.

Pros: The greatest things about MailChimp are (1) its scalability, and (2) its accessibility. When we started on MailChimp, I was the sole user and manager of the software for my team. MailChimp really helped me to shape up our emails and was very easy to access both in-office and on the go, thanks to their mobile application. As we were able to expand the department, it was also easy to add new users and more contacts to our database.

Cons: I can say that I would have liked to have more user-friendly access to the overall data from my campaigns on the home dashboard. It was difficult to determine overall trends because I didn't have an easy way of looking at our campaigns as a whole -- this is probably true of a lot of the software out there, but it is one thing that would have differentiated the experience for me. The support was a little lacking, but overall it was just fine for what we needed. We didn't have much trouble with the software itself, fortunately.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-18
Dishant S.
crowd sourcing
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-28

"Best email marketing tool so far"

Comments: My overall experience with the Mailchimp is quite good. I am quite satisfied with the service it offers. The best part is the eye-catching templates. It has helped me to increase my subscribers engagement with us. I can track what is working and what's not. I will surely recommend this to other business or website owners.

Pros: MailChimp is entirely a beast in automating the email marketing. I have been using this software for my site. We have been using it to grow and generate leads for our business through email marketing. I love MailChimp because it's straightforward to use software unlike other email marketing software out there. One feature that can be very helpful for a complete beginner is to let the new users use the software entirely at no cost till a limit of 2000 email subscribers. It will give them a good understanding of the features and usage of the MailChimp. One can easily create fantastic email templates without knowing even a single line of code. These templates are beautiful and will help to increase the CTR and hence generate leads. The paid version is also very affordable. It provides the ability to send beautifully and targetted emails to unlimited people. Through the A split testing, one can see whether what things will work and what's not? It is an excellent way to know the impact of a campaign.

Cons: The pro plan which is meant for the business owners is a bit expensive. Though, I liked the pricing of the pre-plan but, the pro plan is quite costly. Another limit which I would like to mention here is the inability to delete a subscriber list. Many times, it happens that a business potential targetted list changes. And, the owner wants to remove the old subscriber list. In this case, Mailchimp will only allow you to delete it if it has not been used since the past seven days. I mean, I want the freedom to cancel or modify it anytime I want.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-28
Sarah M.
Legal assistant
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-20

"Mailchimp - there's no monkeying around"

Comments: Overall it is a good service. We send holiday e-cards and happy birthday reminders with ease

Pros: I like that our company can design multiple campaigns all from one space. I also appreciate that I can give my login to our graphic designer and she can login remotely and add final touches to e-blasts before they get sent. I especially like that we can schedule emails with mail chimp. I really enjoy being able to set up emails on Monday and not having to worry about it the rest of the week!

Cons: I do not like that you cannot combine users. For instance, if we have clients who are a married couple, I would like to be able to create one contact for that couple and just have two email address tied to it. A primary and a secondary. I would also love to be able to send a “happy anniversary” to them both, from one account.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-20