Mailchimp Reviews

4.5 (15,839) Write a Review!

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

They have a really strange billing system that is designed in such a way that it sucks money out of you.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 15,839 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (15,845)

Rohit
Rohit
Management Consultant in India
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Great to start with

Comments: Very user friendly and robust

Pros:

Its free 2000 emails and contacts that they give in the beginning

Cons:

The pricing is very steep. We are paying almost 4000/- per month to send out 2000 emails.

Sagar
Digital marketing strategist in India

Should you use MailChimp services

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Email marketing problem is solved by this site and it's easy to navigate and manage all your email list one stop for all the email marketer

Pros:

MailChimp capture all your email list in a efficient way because you can customise front end of the website and in what time it should appear

Cons:

AB testing is little hard for the new user to understand we had to teach them and we have spend lots of time in teaching them it can be more simple

josh
Head of Sales and Marketing in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Ok on a basic level, does the job!

Pros:

I like that I can use Mailchimp to design and then send out marketing campaigns. Being able to use one software for the whole process makes it a lot easier and more time efficient.

Cons:

I would like it to be more user-friendly. I have found that MailChimp emails do not translate well to mobile users, which is a huge shame. I would also like it to be easier to edit mail campaigns via MailChimp as I often have to create campaigns in a separate program and then re-upload.

Eric
Eric
Content Creator in UK

Mailchimp Review

Comments: My over all experience has been good, asides from the fact that I contact support ahead of time so they can respond when i need them, every other thing seems fine for me.

Pros:

I like the fact that you can start for free if you are on a budget and it is very affordable compared to other email marketing software

Cons:

What I dislike the most is that you don't easily get support when you need it, you will have to wait for hours before they respond to your email. I wish they can improve on this.

IT Chief in Turkey
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

The Best Email Marketing Software

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, I have had a good experience with Mailchimp. It is a great tool for email marketing and has a lot of features that make it easy to use.

Pros:

I like that Mailchimp is very user-friendly and has a lot of features that make email marketing easy. 2) I also like that Mailchimp integrates with many other platforms, making it easy to use in conjunction with other marketing tools.

Cons:

I dislike that Mailchimp can be slow at times and that some of the features can be a bit hidden. 2) I also found that the customer service was not as helpful as I would have liked.

Sadia
Computer operator in Saudi Arabia
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees

A free web-based store. Get your business online without a high startup cost. Mailchimp permits you

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Mailchimp offer a free arrangement, which gives you admittance to the vast majority of the accessible devices, incorporating their underlying review creator and presentation page developer. This is especially uplifting news for individual and independent venture clients. The drawback is that the supporter and sending recompense have gone down essentially as of late, however more on that beneath.On the off chance that you're a SMB searching for an across the board arrangement, this could be exactly what you really want. They additionally have pay-more only as costs arise choices, which work out to be less expensive for low-volume clients, while likewise giving you a few included additional items like computerization and joining choices.

Pros:

It's never individuals who comprehend computer programming who are answerable for the extent of tasks, cutoff times, assumptions for what's conceivable in certain time periods, and so on. Making sense of how wrong a layman's perspective on a portion of these things is can be almost inconceivable, and this causes a ton of strain and at times an absence of trust between the designing staff and the non-designing staff.

Cons:

The mind stays in an exceptionally animated express consistently for such a long time that it makes it hard to turn off and get some sound rest. In the event that you have a pestering chief, partner, spouse, youngster or neighbor, you will lose your levelheadedness without any problem.I am on the way across a product couple that is encountering the conjugal joy. Beyond Facebook photography that is.

Bridget
Bridget
Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist in South Africa
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Our email to sales conversion is higher , partly due to Mailchimp.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Primarily, we use Mailchimp to send automated marketing messages in the form of newsletter emails to current customers and sales prospects. A feature like Mailchimp's automation feature has really helped to finetune email targeting, allowing our target audience to receive marketing emails most relevant to them.

Pros:

The ability to personalize our marketing messages ( emails ) based on how an audience has previously engaged with our Mailchimp marketing emails, our mobile app. or even their past purchasing behavior, is what I like the most about this platform. Being able to do the above makes our marketing messages to resonate more with our target audience, resulting to more effective email marketing campaigns.

Cons:

There is a need for Mailchimp's email builder to offer advanced customization options for users. On the other hand as well, there is currently no provision to automatically merge or join multiple audience lists during email campaigns.

Atulinda
Camera operator in Uganda
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

Easy to get started with

Comments: We use it for email marketing and campaign management and has increased our revenue and how people interact with our content

Pros:

Campaign management and scheduling help me to create campaigns and schedule them to be sent later. This saves me a lot of time

Cons:

The tool is okay and have not issue with the tool, limitations depend on the budget the company is willing to use

Halyna
Halyna
Marketing Team Lead in Ukraine

Great tool for managing and executing email marketing campaigns

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and send emails, as well as to segment and target specific groups of recipients.One of the key advantages of Mailchimp is its integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms, such as social media, e-commerce platforms, and Google Analytics. This makes it easy to track the success of your campaigns and optimize your marketing efforts.Mailchimp also offers a range of templates and design options that make it easy to create visually appealing emails consistent with your branding. In addition, its testing and preview features allow you to see how your emails will look on different devices and email clients before you send them.

Cons:

I didn't find any cons while using this service.

Jeff
Jeff
CEO in Canada
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

Comments: It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

Pros:

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

Cons:

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Greg
Greg
CEO in US

Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing

Comments: Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Pros:

The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Cons:

Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

Joshua
Manager: Crisis Services in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Newsletters Made Easy

Comments: Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros:

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons:

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Tim
Creative Director & Designer in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform

Comments: Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pros:

I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Cons:

The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

Doru
Capability Manager in Romania
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Comments: Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros:

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons:

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary. Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Aliaksandr
Marketing Expert in Belarus

It is a good service, but for users with experience in Email marketing

Comments: Well, Mailchimp is great for customers who cooperating with business a lot of time. Also service is great for a beautiful newsletters.
But the cons looks depressive. And I realise that I will use Mailchimp, but not for a long time, because other services are got better solutions and more loyal rules in the part of emailing.
Overall score is 7/10. But because of design and UI total score is 9/10

Pros:

Absolutely great design and graphics of Web and app versions Great support Good delivery to recipients

Cons:

Well, the most uncomfortable this is that the HTML editor available only in paid plans. It is not good, guys, really. Also it will be good if in Mailchimp will be the Email validation service in paid plans. Because I was banned for that thing, and the saddest part is that my customers are got their emails and Mailchimp customers service says that I shoul do a double opt-in procedure, even I've got the legal rights to mailing my customers (btw my audience is more than 10K of emails) And one more thing: I hope that doon will be available a World Map with the real-time open/click actions

Alekhya
Digital Marketer and Business Analyst in India

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

Comments: It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros:

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons:

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

Jennifer
Director of Development in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and free!

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pros:

There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Cons:

Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.

Randi
Owner in US

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Comments: Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros:

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons:

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Ben
Director of Communications in US
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees

A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice

Comments: I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pros:

When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Cons:

With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc. With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico

The Professional and Easy Way to Deal with Sending Emails to the Masses

Comments: I am very satisfied with Mailchimp and would highly recommend its use to anyone who is serious about scaling a potentially big business. I will surely consider Mailchimp for my personal brand as the first 2,000 subscribers are free anyway, which makes for a sweet deal! It helped our current company present itself professionally with emails by having access to such a great template editor. We didn't have any web developer working on our team at the time, so it was easy to resort to using the included features, even though it's important to note that any code can be pasted as HTML for those who know what they are doing. We thought that we knew our customers, but the reports generated by Mailchimp really opened our eyes and allowed us to know what works and what doesn't, which was surprising and very useful. Initially, we deployed our own mail server, but we found out the hard way that Mailchimp is a much more reliable solution for us and it removes all barriers related to scale as everything is taken care of automatically on their side.

Pros:

Mailchimp has a truly professional feel to it. The interface is responsive and well designed. The platform makes it easy to start for free and offers flexible plans, perfect for a startup. Mailchimp has many tutorials available that came in handy more than once. They also use a good sense of humor, making for a less boring experience when reading technical material. There are many options to customize the service and I found it easy to make all the necessary changes in order to set my account for a Spanish audience in Mexico. Once a campaign has been sent, reports are automatically built. I could even see the stats being updated live just a few minutes after sending everything! There is detailed information about open rates, click rates and statistics about the general industry to see clearly if the audience is being reached as expected. One can also see the reaction of every customer in each campaign: unsubscribes, bounces, number of clicks, etc. All this information is accessible and can be exported to CSV. Another aspect that I really liked is how well the template editor works. You basically insert "blocks" of text, dividers, images or other types of blocks on the right side of the page and you can see in real-time the template being rendered on the left side. I haven't found any issue when viewing an email sent through Mailchimp based on a template, both on mobile and desktop clients. On the contrary, it made for a consistent design and branding.

Cons:

Mailchimp works wonderfully well, but it isn't for the faint of heart when it comes to the initial customization. Sure, the documentation is great, but it does take a while to setup everything. It wasn't clear to me how to use templates inside campaigns, for instance, but even without reading all the documentation, one can deduce much of the functioning by simple trial and error, which ended up being my preferred way to learn my way around. I didn't find the File Manager as intuitive as the rest of the interface when I started using the product. Sometimes, I would want to resize pictures or apply filters and would get confused as to where the image has been saved or if it were indeed saved. However, it does seem to be getting easier to use in recent versions, as it contains a "revision history" for each uploaded file and an impressive list of adjustments in the image editor, which is a great addition when working on a different computer where the usual software might not be present. I still prefer using external applications when modifying pictures, but Mailchimp does allow to make pretty much any modification you might need and having access to a revision history makes it easy to go back to an earlier version of a file even without first making a backup of it.

Javier
CEO in Spain

A must-have to mail marketing

Comments: The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pros:

Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content. The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Cons:

There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience. The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

Ian
Head of Channel Sales in US
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Solid Tool for Email Marketing

Comments: My overall experience with Mailchimp was a positive one. It worked well with our CRM, and was well supported by their sales and service teams. We used Mailchimp to drive email marketing efforts and, in turn, drive inbound leads and software demo requests. It was incredibly successful, as the company has continued to grow throughout our time of using mailchimp. Additionally, we saw an increase in inbound leads each month over the first 12 months of using Mailchimp. While the send and contact restriction did cause some frustration and delays, the overall experience was quite positive. I would recommend Mailchimp to other companies.

Pros:

What I liked most about Mailchimp was it's ease of use (for our applications) and the company's customer service. It was very easy to use Mailchimp in conjunction with our CRM, HubSpot to help our email marketing efforts. We would sort, export, and download targeted lists of customers from HubSpot and upload those lists to Mailchimp. This process was incredibly easy and allowed us to be more efficient and timely with our email marketing campaigns. Additionally, any time we had any questions or issues about Mailchimp, their customer service and sales teams were always incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

Cons:

What I liked least about this software was the pricing plan restrictions. My software company had a very, very large customer and prospect base. We targeted many different markets with a large number of people within each organization. Our software could be used by entire companies, so reaching out to many different decision makers or users was an effective marketing strategy. However, the pricing plans restricted us to a certain number of sends and contacts per month. We often found ourselves having to meet to discuss where we were going to make cuts to our email marketing efforts, which took away time from being productive. We essentially had to ration our sends on a monthly basis, because we did not see the value in the price increase for more sends. Although it would have helped our company operationally, it would have been too expensive. I feel they need to increase the number of contacts and sends for each pricing plan.

Madison
Marketing Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

My Favorite Email-Builder

Comments: I love Mailchimp. When I started at a new company last year, I convinced them to switch from their previous program to Mailchimp for email building because it just provides a better product. They've been ecstatic and we find ourselves using it more and more. At all of the companies/organizations I've been privileged enough to work for that use Mailchimp, it has been a critical tool in marketing, sales, and communication. I cannot speak highly enough of it, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Pros:

Mailchimp is the best email builder I've ever used. I've worked in many other programs over the years but none work as seamlessly or have the same visual result as Mailchimp. In addition, the audience management feature is accessible and easy to use, and their analytics are incredible learning tools. That being said, my experience with Mailchimp is primarily only in the email builder, and I have not done enough with their other marketing features to be able to speak on them.

Cons:

There are only a few features about Mailchimp that are lacking, but they pale in comparison to the power and capabilities of the entire platform. I would love the option to use an image as a background in an email, I would love to be able to add attachments to an email (i.e. a PDF, image, or another document), and I would love to be able to embed a wider range of items into the "code" widget (i.e. a pdf book-flipper like Flipsnack, or a video embedded from a site other than YoutTube, like Wistia). However, overall my experience with this plaform and its capabilities is overwhelmingly positive, and these are only small critiques and wish-list items.

Shayne
Shayne
Director of Sales in India
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Expensive but Effective! The first Newsletter tool that comes to mind.

Comments: MailChimp is quite a popular tool that is frequently used by budding enterprises because of it's generous Freemium model. I started using MailChimp around 3 years ago and I've never been happier. This tool helped me understand where I went wrong with my campaigns, improve them and made me save a LOT of money by deciding not to hire a separate design team. After using it for a few months, I realized that switching to one of MailChimp's paid models would benefit me way more.

Pros:

1) Template Compatibility: The templates that you choose in MailChimp are optimized to fit on all screen sizes. Whether the recipient has a smartphone, a desktop, a laptop or even a tablet, your content will be delivered to him/her the way you want it to be. 2) Scope for better future campaigns: What I mean by this is - MailChimp gives you an edge or an insight into how your campaigns are doing. Based on the statistic report, you can refine and optimize your campaigns and make them more effective. 3) Engendering Interaction: Creating a Survey or a User Form has never been easier. 4) No HTML knowledge required: As I mentioned earlier, MailChimp has a myriad of optimized templates to choose from which helps you become much more creative with your campaigns. There is no need for a separate Design Team unless you don't already like the templates that are available.

Cons:

1) User Interface: MailChimp does have a user-friendly interface(s). However, the problem is that they change the User Interface every time they roll in a new update. Yes, this will be easy to master in a short while, but that still requires a NewsLetter team to get accustomed to the new interface. This wastes a lot of time. 2) Zero Tolerance to Affiliate Marketers: If you're an affiliate marketer and you've just stumbled upon MailChimp, turn the other way. I'm not sure what the penalties are but I know they're quite severe. 3) Expensive: Though the Freemium version of MailChimp is rather generous, the paid subscriptions can surely burn a hole in your pocket when you find yourself wanting to send more emails and build your subscription list.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

A renewed classic

Comments: If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros:

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons:

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.