15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

I don't like the merge tags functionality. Almost always it ends up not working and it looks awkward and embarrasses in front of your customers.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 16,890 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (16,890)

Vikas
Vikas
Product Marketing Manager in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A tool with seamless features

5.0 last week New

Comments: Overall, a definitely good-to-have tool if you do a lot of internal and external email campaigns. The learning curve is pretty narrow and can be operated by anyone.

Pros:

1. The new campaign builder is more robust and quicker. 2. Schedule features like time warp can help you get more opens and clicks 3. Audience and campaign feature is seamless and fast. 4. Drip and campaign setup feature can help you long campaigns on different conditions.

Cons:

1. HTML feature in content builder can be better, lack some basic HTML commands like center align, have to use padding for now. 2. Need a relatively better system, tends to hang on slow systems due to its browser consumption.

Akinyemi
Content Writer in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

MailChimp Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's so amazing. It's so amazing that I have adopted it as email marketing software of choice. I have kept recommending it to people.

Pros:

MailChimp is my one my best email marketing software. It's easy to use and beginner friendly. The overall interface is so great and easy to navigate. The labels and gatherings are exceptionally useful in keeping a data set for my customer base. I find the greeting pages ideal for running promotions on Facebook, Google, and so on. Having the option to make sections effectively is an incredible advantage.

Cons:

With my experiential knowledge of using MailChimp, it is almost impossible to equate other softwares with it when it comes to email marketing.

Ricki
Ricki
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Mailchimp is the simple, reliable email newsletter answer

Comments: Mailchimp is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and the platform I most suggest to clients just getting started as the free plan gives you a lot.

Pros:

Mailchimp is so commonly used that anything you want to do has a tutorial, and most of the time you won't need one, just clicking around a bit allows you to easily find how to do what you want to.

Cons:

Mailchimp doesn't always display pictures taken from iphones properly.

Regina
Manager in US
Internet, Self Employed

Mailchimp, a great place to get started

Comments: Ive stuck with mailchimp because it handles my basic needs affordably as i work to grow my business

Pros:

Mailchimp is affordable and easy to use as you get started. You have the ability to grow as your business grows.

Cons:

Not as high tech as some of the other more costly options, but handles what is needed.

Jake
CMO in US
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

This Tools Lasted Decades While Other's Haven't

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others. Over all really like these guys as a company.

Pros:

It's good a really fun brand, and rich feature set built by developers that clearly had a vision for their products. For small businesses it does a lot of things so you don't have to worry about third party tools, but has a boat load of support for integration and tool support as your company scales/for larger orgs.

Cons:

Mailchimp has the same problem a lot of larger software services have run into. Their user base the server demand sometimes runs into performance swings. And their product stays mostly the same to keep old customers happy.

JR
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

A Good Starter Platform

Comments: Overall it is a great tool not the best but it can get the job done.

Pros:

Mailchimp is a great starter platform. If you are not deep into email marketing it is a very good entry point.

Cons:

You can outgrow it very quickly. I have migrated from MailChimp to other tools after hitting a certain level of volume.

Chima
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Complete email marketing tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Works really well, although I should take more time to learn customisations and all that.

Cons:

Really expensive when compared to others that do the same thing like mailerlite

Rachael
Assistant in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Strictly straightforward email marketing tool

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool for managing and analyzing your customers data. It is helpful to see trends and target audiences based on your needs. Its fairly straightforward and easy to use and aims to make your business more effective when it comes to marketing.

Pros:

Mostly i liked how Mailchimp was easy to start-up and begin using. I learned as I went along and I never got too over my head in features because this platcform basically sticks to e mail marketing and customizing.

Cons:

I thought Mailchimp could have offered more templates for email design and maybe could have included a indepth tutorial to determine if this platform is appropriate for your type of business.

Linda
Interior Designer in US
Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

Mailchimp is a PRO

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Use of product daily by entire team is effective.

Pros:

Cost is an asset for this software, as well as versatility-

Cons:

There is nothing I would improve regarding this product.

Artur
Artur
CEO in Brazil
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

User-Friendly but expensive in somes cases

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Mailchimp is highly appreciated for its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, robust automation, design tools, integrations, detailed analytics, scalability, extensive support resources, and a free plan for small businesses.

Cons:

The main drawbacks of Mailchimp include its high cost for larger lists, complexity of advanced features, limited customer support, restricted template customization, less detailed reporting, and costly list management due to duplicate subscribers.

Randi
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Comments: Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros:

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons:

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Jacob
Jacob
Growth Marketing Manager in Israel
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Top Email Marketing Software

Comments: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros:

- Easy to set up VERY quickly - WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use - They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc. - Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there - You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time) - It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons:

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

PETER
CEO, owner in US
Music, 11–50 Employees

Super-Appealing. Informative. Eclectic.

Comments: It’s my vehicle for marketing. I can communicate everything I need in one letter to lots of people. I switched to another product because it was connected with my website, but their newsletter features were too difficult for me to learn. I dropped them and demanded my money back. Mail Chimp is the way to go.

Pros:

If I can use it, ANYONE can use it! Seriously! I am a music guy with a growing music school. I don’t read directions. Mail Chimp is very intuitive. I can gather all sorts of related information in one attractive newsletter for all my clients, instructors, performers, performances, and theater staff. It allows everyone to see what’s going on, find out more about one or all items, and it’s presented in a way that doesn’t cram a million words and pics into one page.

Cons:

Mail Chimp has added tons of features since I started. Along with the added features, the price went up. I only use the newsletter feature but Mail Chimp offers website creation which I’m considering switching to.

WENDY
DIGITAL MARKETER in Malaysia
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Not for a Beginner

Comments: I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros:

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan. Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons:

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms. I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times. For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated. It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy
Founder in Sri Lanka
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Mailchimp is the best email marketing software

Comments: Our entire marketing department relies on Mailchimp to communicate with customers. It is our first option when it comes to email automation and marketing that is simple and straightforward. We've been using it as our primary email marketing tool for quite some time. Among other things, we utilize it to create our email templates and send large numbers of emails to a specific set of individuals. After that, we keep note of how many conversations we are having as a result of the exercise. Mailchimp offers a plethora of useful tools that we really like using, such as email automation. Additionally, it enables us to create our own email templates as well as import from other sources. Mailchimp is a fantastic platform for any kind of company that wants to send out emails to its consumers on a regular basis.

Pros:

Mailchimp is a fantastic email marketing tool for anybody just getting started, as well as for agencies who have a large number of early-stage customers to handle. When you move into more complex automation, you may find that you need to seek solutions that are more established. This is the place to go if you want visually appealing emails and a simple user interface to work with. It's always simple to use and makes intuitive sense. There are relatively few occasions when I come across anything that is not working properly. It is very dependable, and I am well-aware of what to anticipate while I am working on the platform.

Cons:

When delivering through Zapier or WordPress, we need the ability for people on an existing list to have their tags changed without having to create a new list. I'd really want to see a visual automation builder implemented. Mailchimp should additionally provide manual domain verification as a feature. In order to utilize Mailchimp, we must first generate an email and then import it into the system, which may be difficult for novice users. It would be fantastic if there was an alternative for manual nameserver verification.

Justin
Justin
Songwriter/Producer in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Best Email Marketing Software Available

Comments: The customer service is outstanding. I was having some trouble developing a campaign and reached out to customer support and got a reply within 10 hours. I was able to resolve my issue quickly. Mailchimp has really become my Go To tool for all things email marketing related and it has touched on other applications, such as developing a killer landing page which actually gets conversions. I also feel that the free version really does give you a lot to start with, but it is easy to outgrow that really fast.

Pros:

Mailchimp makes running an email campaign easy and simple. Don't get me wrong, there are super deep functions like multivariate campaigns and killer landing pages that integrate with your .com. I cannot say enough good things about Mailchimp. I have found that this software is simply the best available option out there for the money. I have been able to grow my mailing list and find what works with my audience.

Cons:

I don't like how the Pro features are left out of the basic starter package. I understand that is how they make their money, however, those extra tools could be quite useful to new start up businesses, like myself that simply do not have it in the advertising budget to go to the pro level. I also struggled with making my emails 100% compliant because nowadays everyone is blocking or reporting spam mail. It isn't Mailchimps fault for that, it just makes it hard to get past the red tape of email marketing in general. However, they make it as easy as possible.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

A renewed classic

Comments: If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros:

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons:

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Georgiana
Owner in Belize
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Why get Mailchimp

Comments: Ovall I love it! and it helps my business grow a lot.

Pros:

Mailchimps helps to manage your business web. Mailchimp distribution is effortless and also provides transparency when used. It also captures your orders whenever you connect them to your business. The app helps to keep a tag on your account activity and is very safe. Mailchimp has all your orders and helps to keep you in touch. It also helps to create room for you to focus on your strategy. This app helps to track your orders and send notifications as well. All announcements for this app show what is happening and give you real-time reports about your business. This app makes making different orders easy because the data is easily exported. The fields also help keep your data organized and easily found.

Cons:

The only thing that I do not like is that some data goes in the Spam and I need to check it frequently.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A very strong email marketing tool that keeps you up to date with regulations

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is a good tool for sending out email campaigns. It's simplicity has saved a lot of time and the way the contact lists are handled is superb. Some of the quirks I mentioned in the cons section are very frustrating but livable when weighed in with the pros. The recent GDPR regulations were a strain on our organization but getting our Mailchimp list compliant was the easiest part. If your organization generally sends out one type of message or you don't have to worry about different divisions of your organization needing to have different settings, Mailchimp should work very well for you with very little issue. Our organization is more complicated with the need to send very different messages from different divisions and sub divisions so it is trickier for us to use. It would make sense for organizations like ours to have multiple, separate Mailchimp accounts but that would defeat the most important feature, which is the integrated contact list.

Pros:

The best thing about Mailchimp is the ability to customize your target lists to ensure the right people are getting the right message. The days of going through spreadsheets to figure out who to send what are over and you never need to worry about sending the same person duplicate emails (unless they signed up to your list with different email accounts). The integration with social media is very convenient and really helps messages get an even further reach after they are sent. Also, having an archive of emails with many ways to view metrics on each of them as well as access to each recipient's behavior is very valuable.

Cons:

The basic editor is very buggy so you have to be sure things look and work right every time. Even when you do make sure things work right in the preview, they sometimes don't in the actual email that goes out. When you cut and paste copy, it is unpredictable what the outcome will be because styles embedded in Mailchimp or the original document get easily mixed up. Most of these issues can be fixed if you go into the html view but who wants to do that when the purpose of the software is to help make things easier? There are a lot of limits on what you can achieve with the look of the emails you create using the set blocks Mailchimp provides. A simple option like lining up images next to text either on top, middle or bottom should be present but is not. There are ways around this by editing your images to force the look you want but that should not have to be. If you have more than one type of business, it is impossible to have some different social media accounts linked or different business info settings created for selection.

Virginia
Virginia
Communications Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

So easy a Chimp could do it!

Comments: Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform. We are currently utilizing the free version, going on 5 years now, for our bimonthly newsletters and have never run into a single issue. As a marketer, my favorite thing about Mailchimp is the ability to share our newsletters and subscribe links via social media. You can also create pop-ups or static forms to embed on your website so that when people subscribe they are automatically added to your subscriber list.

Pros:

Mailchimp’s free plan allows you to have up to 2,000 subscribers and includes 12,000 emails you can send out, per month. For those new to Mailchimp, there are numerous preset templates you can choose from which you can further customize to your liking or create your own from scratch. Campaign templates can incorporate images, polls, embedded videos, call to actions, plain text, and custom HTML. Once you have created a template – with the specific look you are looking for – you can duplicate it and create your next campaign so you do not have to start from scratch. It’s likely you will encounter someone on your subscriber list who either resides or works for a company in the EU. Mailchimp has all the needed GDPR tools and regulations in place to make your campaign process as easy and stress free as possible to manage. Uploading new contacts to your subscriber list can be done in minutes (CSV files). You can also create multiple lists which you can further segment into more specific groups (in the case you may not want to send the campaign to the entire list of your choosing). Before sending off your campaign you can preview what it will look like to your recipients on desktop and mobile devices and check your links to make sure they work appropriately. Mailchimp also provides A/B testing and basic analytics, pertaining to each campaign you send out, to give you more insight into the campaign’s open rates and clicks.

Cons:

I have very few complaints about Mailchimp, but I do wish they could incorporate spell check into their system somehow to help expedite the editing process. Also keep in mind, if you choose to upgrade from the free plan into a paid plan, you can only downgrade back down to the free plan once. If you choose to make any changes to a campaign that has already been sent off, it will not update those campaigns, it will only show those updated changes to those you send the campaign to after saving those changes. Meaning if you find a mistake in a campaign you have recently sent out, know that there is no “undo” or fix.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

The Professional and Easy Way to Deal with Sending Emails to the Masses

Comments: I am very satisfied with Mailchimp and would highly recommend its use to anyone who is serious about scaling a potentially big business. I will surely consider Mailchimp for my personal brand as the first 2,000 subscribers are free anyway, which makes for a sweet deal! It helped our current company present itself professionally with emails by having access to such a great template editor. We didn't have any web developer working on our team at the time, so it was easy to resort to using the included features, even though it's important to note that any code can be pasted as HTML for those who know what they are doing. We thought that we knew our customers, but the reports generated by Mailchimp really opened our eyes and allowed us to know what works and what doesn't, which was surprising and very useful. Initially, we deployed our own mail server, but we found out the hard way that Mailchimp is a much more reliable solution for us and it removes all barriers related to scale as everything is taken care of automatically on their side.

Pros:

Mailchimp has a truly professional feel to it. The interface is responsive and well designed. The platform makes it easy to start for free and offers flexible plans, perfect for a startup. Mailchimp has many tutorials available that came in handy more than once. They also use a good sense of humor, making for a less boring experience when reading technical material. There are many options to customize the service and I found it easy to make all the necessary changes in order to set my account for a Spanish audience in Mexico. Once a campaign has been sent, reports are automatically built. I could even see the stats being updated live just a few minutes after sending everything! There is detailed information about open rates, click rates and statistics about the general industry to see clearly if the audience is being reached as expected. One can also see the reaction of every customer in each campaign: unsubscribes, bounces, number of clicks, etc. All this information is accessible and can be exported to CSV. Another aspect that I really liked is how well the template editor works. You basically insert "blocks" of text, dividers, images or other types of blocks on the right side of the page and you can see in real-time the template being rendered on the left side. I haven't found any issue when viewing an email sent through Mailchimp based on a template, both on mobile and desktop clients. On the contrary, it made for a consistent design and branding.

Cons:

Mailchimp works wonderfully well, but it isn't for the faint of heart when it comes to the initial customization. Sure, the documentation is great, but it does take a while to setup everything. It wasn't clear to me how to use templates inside campaigns, for instance, but even without reading all the documentation, one can deduce much of the functioning by simple trial and error, which ended up being my preferred way to learn my way around. I didn't find the File Manager as intuitive as the rest of the interface when I started using the product. Sometimes, I would want to resize pictures or apply filters and would get confused as to where the image has been saved or if it were indeed saved. However, it does seem to be getting easier to use in recent versions, as it contains a "revision history" for each uploaded file and an impressive list of adjustments in the image editor, which is a great addition when working on a different computer where the usual software might not be present. I still prefer using external applications when modifying pictures, but Mailchimp does allow to make pretty much any modification you might need and having access to a revision history makes it easy to go back to an earlier version of a file even without first making a backup of it.

Laura
President in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!

Comments: My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros:

I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons:

I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

Javier
CEO in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A must-have to mail marketing

Comments: The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pros:

Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content. The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Cons:

There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience. The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

Construction, 11–50 Employees

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Pros:

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes. It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign. Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons:

Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

Peter John
Data entry in Philippines
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My experience using Mailchimp

Comments: A few years ago, I began using Mailchimp for my wedding photography business. My colleague and I both found it to be user-friendly, allowing us to easily plan marketing campaigns, send client follow-up emails and newsletters. We appreciated that Mailchimp notified us if our emails were opened within a certain timeframe. Additionally, we were given the option to resend emails that were not opened. Now, I also use Mailchimp for my personal blog. It simplifies the process since I already have a list of subscribers and can easily add new ones as it grows.

Pros:

Wow, Mailchimp is seriously amazing! It's incredibly user-friendly and perfect for freelancers or those just starting out with their own business or community. I've experimented with other mailing software in the past, but Mailchimp definitely stands out with its abundance of options on the free and starter accounts. With Mailchimp, you can easily segment your audience, set up automation, and the templates for all kinds of mailing campaigns are an absolute game-changer! Sending newsletters has never been easier, and I love being able to track the reading and opening rates as well as growing my subscriber list. Mailchimp is definitely a must-have tool for anyone looking to take their email marketing to the next level!

Cons:

This platform is a breeze to navigate once you get the hang of it, even if it may take a bit of time to grasp the interface and functionality at first. While the mobile app may not have an abundance of features, it still serves as a superb mailing alternative.