• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp's all-in-one Marketing Platform helps small businesses market smarter so you can grow faster.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Showing 14,454 reviews

Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-10

"Easy to get started, still needs some additional features"

Comments: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros: I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons: I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-10
Wendy C.
DIGITAL MARKETER
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-13

"Not for a Beginner"

Comments: I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros: It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan.
Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons: Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms.
I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times.
For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated.
It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-13
Melissa S.
Marketing Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-30

"Great for Beginners"

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pros: We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Cons: I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-30
Aimee G.
Director of Marketing
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-13

"Easy to use and manage for small business"

Pros: MailChimp has certainly evolved and changed to suit business needs in the 5 years we have been using it. At first we only used it for HTML emails, but have since gone on to use Landing Pages, signup forms via Audiences, lead management, etc. As a small marketing team, we need a nimble and easy to use program and MailChimp is it.

Cons: Often times the templates can be frustrating as blocks won’t work or can’t be overwritten

• Reviewed on 2020-12-13
Avash K.
WordPress Developer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-25

"One of the Best Email Marketing Software"

Comments: Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pros: I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Cons: In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-25
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-29

"All-In-One News Latter and Email Marketing Platform"

Comments: It's a very useful platform for business owners, and it can help to improve the performance of a marketing campaign by giving us some insights about the campaign.
It helped me a lot to build a strong repetition and to be able to not spam my customers and let them run away.
I wish they can add more features and keep updating this great platform and we will keep talking about it and recommending it to our friends.

Pros: They have a Free plan and I really like it because It allows me to send up to 2000 emails monthly.
Very easy to use and the UI is very clean and it's for everyone.
Mailchimp Drag and Drop option are great because it's very simple.
I really like their Integrations with a wide range of popular platforms.
Everything is in one place and you really don't need any other Platforms.
I can create and build a contact list for my marketing campaigns/promotions and to reach out to my customers.
It allows me to automate my emails and get an analysis of the performance of my campaigns.
They have a lot of templates, and you don't need to create anything from scratch.
I'm getting a lot of information about my promotions, and which one is performing very well and this helped me to focus more on some "winning products".
They really helped to solve my Marketing problems, and they really helped me to reach my business goals and to build a good repetition and I really can't change it to another platform because my customers already recognize MailChimp emails.
They have also, a great support team and they offer a lot of tutorials and blog posts to help us understand how Mailchimp works.

Cons: They can improve their reporting system because it's not accurate sometimes.
They can give us more control to build an email automation system.
After all, they are doing a great job, and they keep adding some great features and I feel like they are listing to us and giving us what we need exactly for a better experience.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-29
Stephanie C.
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-23

"A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better"

Comments: My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros: I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched. As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems. They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons: As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-23
Jonathan W.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-24

"Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers"

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros: This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons: The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-24
Tim B.
Creative Director & Designer
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-13

"Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pros: I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Cons: The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-13
Eve K.
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-12

"Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address"

Comments: Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros: Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons: The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-12
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-03

"Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!"

Comments: We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros: - Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons: - Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

• Reviewed on 2020-01-03
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-01

"A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing"

Comments: I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Pros: Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Cons: Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-01
Laura S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-20

"An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!"

Comments: My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros: I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons: I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-20
Business Owner
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-14

"A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support"

Comments: We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pros: It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Cons: The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-14
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-30

"Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver"

Comments: I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros: Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons: Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-30
Amy W.
Associate Director of Development
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-05

"Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!"

Pros: Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons: Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-05
Digital Projects Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-06

"A very strong email marketing tool that keeps you up to date with regulations"

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is a good tool for sending out email campaigns. It's simplicity has saved a lot of time and the way the contact lists are handled is superb. Some of the quirks I mentioned in the cons section are very frustrating but livable when weighed in with the pros. The recent GDPR regulations were a strain on our organization but getting our Mailchimp list compliant was the easiest part. If your organization generally sends out one type of message or you don't have to worry about different divisions of your organization needing to have different settings, Mailchimp should work very well for you with very little issue. Our organization is more complicated with the need to send very different messages from different divisions and sub divisions so it is trickier for us to use. It would make sense for organizations like ours to have multiple, separate Mailchimp accounts but that would defeat the most important feature, which is the integrated contact list.

Pros: The best thing about Mailchimp is the ability to customize your target lists to ensure the right people are getting the right message. The days of going through spreadsheets to figure out who to send what are over and you never need to worry about sending the same person duplicate emails (unless they signed up to your list with different email accounts). The integration with social media is very convenient and really helps messages get an even further reach after they are sent. Also, having an archive of emails with many ways to view metrics on each of them as well as access to each recipient's behavior is very valuable.

Cons: The basic editor is very buggy so you have to be sure things look and work right every time. Even when you do make sure things work right in the preview, they sometimes don't in the actual email that goes out. When you cut and paste copy, it is unpredictable what the outcome will be because styles embedded in Mailchimp or the original document get easily mixed up. Most of these issues can be fixed if you go into the html view but who wants to do that when the purpose of the software is to help make things easier? There are a lot of limits on what you can achieve with the look of the emails you create using the set blocks Mailchimp provides. A simple option like lining up images next to text either on top, middle or bottom should be present but is not. There are ways around this by editing your images to force the look you want but that should not have to be. If you have more than one type of business, it is impossible to have some different social media accounts linked or different business info settings created for selection.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-06
Derek R.
Web Developer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-17

"A GREAT Starting Point for Small Business"

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for at least 5 years now as a starting point for new clients who have a really small email list, or no existing list at all, and want to collect email addresses via their website. While the embed code MailChimp provides is incredibly easy to use, I typically do a Gravity Forms > MailChimp integration to collect addresses that way. Everything I've ever needed to do in MailChimp has been easy, whether it's importing/exporting/managing contacts, creating email campaigns or viewing analytics from sent campaigns.

Pros: Generally speaking, MailChimp is one of the easier platforms to use when it comes to creating email marketing campaigns. Their visual builder is simple and intuitive, making it accessible to those who aren't as technically inclined. The fact that you can have up to 2000 contacts at no cost makes it a no-brainer starting point for anyone looking to build a small or non-existent email list.

Cons: The email templates available to free account users are okay, but they are happy to show all the premium templates alongside the free one's so you know just what you are missing.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-17
Mikhaela B.
Admin/Receptionist
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-29

"Very Convenient for Email Blasting!"

Comments: even if its only a free account, we can still send limited emails and is still able to perform its job becuase we do get some responses from the email blasts that we send

Pros: What I like most about this product is that I can send newsletters to our customers in one go. We can send emails to thousands of subscribers in just one click and we can even design the content to make it eye-catching to readers. We can also see the reports about the specific emails if it has a positive feedback or not. So if you are looking for a platform to send emails to lots of people, I really recommend using MailChimp!

Cons: What i dont like is that it is a bit pricey on the budget. When I first made an account, almost all of the templates were free to use and there were no limit on making a list for the contacts, but on the recent update, they made it a paid version. There were only very little access in the free account and not everyone can afford to pay.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-29
Claudia C.
Head Secretary
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-01

"Great for sending weekly news out!"

Comments: Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform that helps the church members at the church stay connected with what is going on every single week. Many people look forward to receiving it. I also like how I can see who has viewed your campaign, and how many times a link has been clicked. I also enjoy being able to send drafts of the campaign to multiple e-mail addresses so that I can get input and feedback from various people before sending out the final one. It helps get the work done and info out in a creative way.

Pros: I liked the ability to be creative with the fonts, display settings, choose from numerous, different templates that are available, and can even put GIPHY's in there too! I use this to send out weekly newsletters to members of a presbyterian church so that they can stay in touch with everything that is going on in the church. Announcements, sermon titles, pictures, and meeting location/dates/times are all uploaded and displayed in any way I want. I also like how I can put links to PDF files, websites, e-mail addresses, etc.

Cons: Limited fonts to choose from, and inability to make a change after you send the e-mail out. Often times, when I found a mistake in a campaign I had already sent, I couldn't update the campaign to show the correction. I would have to make another campaign and send that newer version out again, which might confuse a lot of people. Also, sometimes, it would appear differently on different e-mails (i.e. aol.com vs. gmail.com vs. work e-mail).

• Reviewed on 2019-02-01
John T.
Systems and Database Administrator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Invaluable tool and outstanding product"

Comments: Tracking changes to preferences is highly useful and also enforcing GDPR and resub scribe policy help to ensure we don't break any laws by accident.

Pros: List management and filter controls were the most helpful part of the software. Being able to target to the audiences we want. Using the Tags in connection with groups really works well with how we want to send our email.

Cons: The individual search tool isn't self intuitive. What it can do is search everything but if it could filter with multiple fields it would help when finding contacts.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-09
Jason C.
Director of Web Communications
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-04

"Mailchimp manages 50+ email campaigns a month"

Comments: We currently use Mailchimp to communicate with tens of thousands of alumni and families of our college. It gives us great flexibility to provide accurate and segmented messaging to those audiences. It's also easy to use so non technical users can develop email campaigns with no problem.

Pros: I have used several email campaign services over the years and Mailchimp is by far the easiest to use. It is fairly intuitive and easy to understand. Also, we've been able to build custom well branded email templates into the system so all of our emails look on brand.

Cons: They regularly make updates to the service (which is great) but it results in regularly needing to relearn where things are and what they are called. For example, mailing lists are now called Audiences and it took some getting used to.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-04
Cathy J.
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-15

"I See No Reason To Change"

Comments: I use Mailchimp in my personal blog and it is a very small blog. It was very easy to set up and I was collecting emails within 45 minutes and I do not consider myself remarkably savvy with software. I have had to call customer service a few times and the information that I have received recently is conflicting with different reps telling me different things. Right after I started using Mailchimp I had issues with complaints, I did something wrong and inundated my readers with emails. Mailchimp did not listen to me so I had to spend 2 weeks and hours trying to get back up and running. But other than that I have had not issues. It seamlessly moves from platform to platform and brand to brand with no effort. I see no reason to look for another solution since this works so well.

Pros: Mailchimp is very easy to use. I have used it with a number of programs and it seamlessly integrates into whatever platform I am using. It is quick to set up and very easy to learn. I use Mailchimp on my personal blog and I was collecting emails within 45 minutes of getting it. I appreciate that it has a step ladder of pricing options so even the very small start up can afford it

Cons: They seem to have made a few changes in their pricing structure lately and I feel that you get conflicting information when you try customer service. It is very easy to get taken down when they receive complaints and you have to defend yourself. They do not listen to both side before taking it down.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-15
Co-Producer, Writer, Media Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-28

"Their instructions could be better, but I have found MailChimp to be a great resource."

Pros: I like that they offer free use for the 1st 2000 subscribers. That by itself is the #1 reason why anyone looking to start a subscription list should try MailChimp first. 2nd reason people should try it...MailChimp collecting peoples' email addresses and sending emails out from blog posts -- that just works great once you get things set up. And if you want to send out just a regular email - not something connected to a published blog post - that's even easier. The 3rd thing I love is the ability to see who opens the emails and who doesn't. And some other helpful analytics about how people behave when they receive your email. You don't have to have a degree in statistics to understand the quick stats that MailChimp offers.

Cons: For some reason, the way they set up Campaigns and lists always slows me down. I don't know why. But if I have a client who wants me to do something quick, I have to slow down my thinking and figure out what part of either the Campaign or the list does that X task belong in first. An example: a client wanted me to have MailChimp mail something new out immediately to his recipients who subscribe to rss feeds. Here's where some time was lost: trying to determine how to avoid creating a new campaign for a one-off email to go to the list that receives rss feeds. We ended up posting on his blog, setting up a new time and date for MailChimp to search the website for new content (and then to send out), waiting for the email to get sent out, and then going back to the campaign to change the time when MailChimp sends out new posts. There's something a little clunky about it. Editing of mail templates is ... trying. It's not rocket science to make your own template, but again there's a clunkiness there. I had a client who was extremely specific on the design. If I edited "blogs" template while in use for "Weds blogs" and then selected "blogs" template for a new campaign - "thurs blogs" the changes I made in the template assigned to Weds were not reflected
in Thurs blogs. CONFUSING!

• Reviewed on 2018-07-28
Craig V.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-03

"Mailchimp has been vital to the success of our company"

Comments: We switched to Mailchimp about 7 years ago and have never looked back. A substantial upgrade compared to other email marketing platforms we had experience with.

Pros: Creating email campaigns are a breeze and the functionality is intuitive.

Cons: Some features are a bit buried within the system.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-03