• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.9 /5

About ConnectWise Manage

ConnectWise Manage Help Desk: Powerful ticketing system with centralized communication & integrates with tools you currently use.

Learn more about ConnectWise Manage

Michael W.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-29

"Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise"

Comments: I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user. QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate. Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech. Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks. I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros: Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!!
Your clients can use the customer portal
Constant Updates
Feature request bidding system.
24 hour support
online training videos
Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules.
Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it.
QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs.
Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise.
They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody.
Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons: It can be overwhelming for small companies
The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly)
If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out.
Each user needs their own account.
don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates.
They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-29
Angela H.
Office/Purchasing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-24

"Robust software"

Comments: The support is really good, which is important as sometimes the settings are hard to get right. I wish they had had better advice on the setup between Connectwise and Quickbooks as it took a while to get things flowing correctly.

Pros: There are a lot of built-in features. It is good for being able to share information between departments. However, there are so many different features, it can be overwhelming for new employees when they first start. It seems to take people a while to really get the hang of it. It is nice having sales being able to see the same invoices as accounting, which saves time of having to send them to them when they have questions.

Cons: The reporting features. While they have a report writer, it is quite difficult to use. It is also chronically slow to load. The second thing is it also seems like in the last year I've had more of my tabs lock up in all areas.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-24
Michael G.
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-25

"Connectwise runs our operation"

Comments: ConnectWise Manage works very well for our business. We have invested in most of the components and integrations that we can get to properly manage our teams and out clients. Overall it is a good system for managing an IT service and support operation

Pros: We use Connectwise Manage to run all of the aspect of our daily operations. Its ticket and issue management functionalities work very well for an IT service and support organization and they have thought of many of the challenges that we encounter every day

Cons: Reporting from ConnectWise can be challenging. The canned reported often lack some piece of information that we would like and they are not formatted properly to download and manipulate in Excel. We complement this using custom data sets in BrightGauge and create reports and download from there but it is time consuming and resource intensive to create these with the limited knowledge of the database that we have.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-25
David G.
Head Of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-16

"Good software with great support. Somewhat complex to manage"

Comments: Whilst it is still a work in progress, we are definitely using ConnectWise to improve our business processes and effectiveness.

Pros: Having software that enables us to run our business end to end is a great benefit, rather than having to use separate systems. Workflows are incredibly powerful for taking out the human error factor, and for ensuring people do the right thing. This improves the quality of work. ConnectWise support has always been great for me, with helpful, quick responses

Cons: Ongoing management and finding your way round the back end is quite difficult, although not too bad when you get the hang of it. Releases often don't seem to be tested well enough and often cause additional issues.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-16
Carol V.
IT Project management
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-15

"Contact management"

Comments: CW Manage Contact management functiononality ensures our entire team has access and at their fingertips visibility to the full contact record ensuring our clients receive the same high quality care regardless of which department they reach.

Pros: ConnectWise Manage makes managing companies, contacts and pertinent information needed for day to day business needs fast and simple. Easy to navigate pages, customizations by user to quickly find what is important to my position and client specific fields and features save precious time when every moment counts.

Cons: Building customizations by user is a little time consuming and clunky to set up for the first time user. It takes practice to build the queries needed to ensure the results are accurate which can result in missing information if not careful.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-15
Michael E.
  • Reviewed on 2015-02-11

"Essential tool for IT Businesses"

Comments: My company has been using ConnectWise since 2007 and the product has transformed how we conduct business, while making us far more efficient. Before posting this review I read the others and have to say that I was thrown by one that gave no stars for service. Their service has always been terrific in my opinion. CW has improved the support over the years by adding Chat, making it 24x7 and significantly enhancing their support materials through the University and Marketplace, as well as introducing User Groups and always refining their educational opportunities at the annual IT Nation event. CW is an iceberg of a tool, with 90% of its power beneath the waterline. The key is that you will get out what you put in. I have just started taking the Certified Professional Administrator training, and while I scored well enough on the pre-session test to qualify for this level, I believe that I have far more to learn about CW than I already know. What's great is that the folks at CW make all of this information available. I just have to grab for the opportunity. My recommendation for anyone who thinks that they aren't getting the level of support expected would be to use the resources more. Got a question, use Chat or open a ticket via e-mail. Go to the University and take the relevant courses or check out the Blueprints or partner kits. Go to your local user group and network with your peers. Offer up what you know and take what they have to offer. The industry as a whole benefits from this approach, and we do better for our all-important clients. Anyway, I love the team at CW. The product is a must, but you have to invest yourself fully. It is cumbersome and some things aren't as intuitive as I would like, but if you are invested and flexible to adopting certain best practices, I think you'll find that ConnectWise is a very worthwhile business investment.

Christopher J.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-03

"Powerful ticketing tool with lot of integrated features"

Comments: I've used homebrew, Autotask and CWise over the years and this is the best yet and it is getting better all the time

Pros: Fully featured, fully integrated with products like Automate and Control. The latest version lets you connect to machines directly from the ticket which is fantastic. Auvik and LogicMonitor connectivity lets them create tickets when alerts fire (and Auvik will even close tickets that clear)

Cons: Working in the back end and templates can be a little cumbersome, but worth sticking with it for the things it can do.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-03
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-12

"Great All Around tool"

Comments: I am able to quickly and easily adjust my day with the team. The scheduling aspect of the app is amazing. There are a lot of great features that are drilled down into the application. In a day to day use it's been a great tool for our office.

Pros: I like that it connects with so many other apps to pull data and include in-depth information. The search functionality is really great to be able to look at recurring issues.

Cons: I don't like that there are some UI issues and that it auto opens items when there is only one. When you are trying to gather information is can slow the process down.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-12
Vera G.
Professional Services Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-17

"Connectwise Manage"

Comments: This has been a life saver. With email integration our clients can just email an issue in and a ticket gets generated. Cuts alot of phone calls and allows the technicians to work on problem rather than answer the phones.

Pros: great for helpdesk ticket management and tracking of client issues. All interactions from life of ticket to resolution in one place.

Cons: sometime the audit trail can be very confusing to track down what actually happened in a ticket and see the complete history.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-17
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-28

"Connectwise is by far the best PSA to use for any IT company"

Pros: It tracks time, tickets, staffing/resources all in one roof. It has great job costing and integrates well with lots of other software

Cons: Their new trend of nickle and diming for modules that really should be part of the core product (see the marketing manager vs campaign direction) is a major turn-off. They are growing so fast that their support is starting to suffer, and turn-over/promotions internally is becoming visible.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-28
Aaron C.
Project Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-01

"Overall, Manage has been a great product over the last 7 years."

Pros: I really like that the software is web based, which helps a a lot with installation and maintenance of the software. It has robust modules and workflows which help make sure that we don't miss tickets and SLA's and it pretty configurable.

Cons: Customer portal is terrible and needs work. Consistent updates are nice, but seems like every major upgrade breaks something with accounting.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-01
Lane C.
  • Reviewed on 2012-03-05

"Loads of Features, Little Support"

Comments: If you are starting out your operation then this could be a bit pricey to get going. However, if you are established and need to grow, I don't know how you could not find this tool invaluable. Hopefully they work on the issues that I've described and things get better.

Pros: This is THE software for a company that provides technical services. It tracks everything from assets to travel expenses in minute detail so you can focus on building your business. * Installation on PC
- This is a breeze, it works great out of the box for us on Windows 7 and in Terminal Services.
* Google Apps
- Works great with checking Email and Scheduling Resources through Google Apps
* Invoicing
- It was quite the wake-up call to see all the hours we were not able to bill for with our old support portal. (Just be careful to document your work properly because it becomes viewable to the client).
* Transparency
- This software lets your clients see everything going on behind the scenes, from Support Issues to Travel time. It's a must for any honest entrepreneur.

Cons: * Constat errors.
- This software produces lots of errors
* Slow Support.
- ConnectWise has very knowledgable people on staff who can work through ANYTHING that you have trouble with. Unfortunately, they are impossible to get on the phone, by chat or by email. Unless we call and call and call and call and call, we often wait days/weeks for someone to get back.
* Unintuitive Interface
- They should hire someone from Google, Apple or Syntress to rework this interface. It's so cumbersome that common tools are hidden behind clicks and clicks before you ever find them.
- There is no tour to learn the software
- It's confusing with screens that look exactly alike on every page.
- The tabs to view multiple pages are helpful but impractical, it would be better to let the information open in a new window as well.
- No HA - when its down, it's down.
* No Online Payments *Yet*

• Reviewed on 2012-03-05
François B.
Architect DBA
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-06

"Very complete product"

Comments: It has a wide range of features and is configurable, but sometimes slow and never really user-friendly.

Pros: A lot of features, from ticketing to timesheet entries with project and activities management, user-secured access to features.

Cons: The visual interface is in need of an overhaul, it is cluttered and not particularly user-friendly. There has to be a way to simplify timesheet entry to clicking in a box at the intersection of a day and activity and just punch in a number of hours, instead of having a whole window open where you specify start and end time, which is way too cumbersome!

• Reviewed on 2020-08-06
Angel R.
IT Service Manager
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-30

"Review"

Pros: ConnectWise is always evolving as technology continues to grow.

Cons: I wish connectwise had a feature to keep track of geo location time entries to help us with expense reports. Having a way for employees to "clock in" when they arrive at a client's site.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-30
National Account Manager
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-08

"One of the best ways to stream service processes, leading to an increase in productivity throughout."

Pros: We love how powerful of a help desk platform ConnectWise Manage is. It integrates well into our proprietary software, has a wonderful ticketing system, and has excellent customer support.

Cons: Although all tickets & processes are received quickly & efficiently, one can expect to see a slight delay when updating large batches of tickets. Thankfully, once it's processed, everything begins working well again.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-08
Brock R.
Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-17

"Excellent investment"

Pros: Ease of deployment & technical assistance to get up and running quickly. Enabled the company to take a organized approach to managing customers.

Cons: Remote mobility app - lacks some key features that the main application has that are critical to ease of use.

• Reviewed on 2017-05-17
Steve B.
Chief Operations Management Officer
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-12

"ConnectWise PSA"

Comments: Seems to be a flexible tool for managing a MSP business. It has been challenging to develop proper business processes and configuring the tool to work as we need.

Pros: Targeted for Managed Service Providers.

Cons: Not intuitive to configure for needs.

• Reviewed on 2017-04-12
Joanna S.
Inside Sales Manager
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-16

"Easy to use and flexible to implement"

Pros: One of the biggest Pros is how easy it is to use and find information. The documentation is updated and helpful too.

Cons: The project management could be better. We are a larger company and need more Project Management tools.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-16
Chris H.
Engineer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-14

"Robust solution but not the most user friendly"

Pros: Lots of customization available
Large amount of features and add-ons
Connectwise University is very helpful

Cons: The more features and options mean the longer it takes to do something
Not very intuitive when setting up projects

• Reviewed on 2017-12-14
Muhammad D.
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-16

"Best Help Desk & Ticketing System"

Comments: Very reliable.

Pros: Majority of our processes are managed through ConnectWise. It provides very detailed management system.

Cons: The speed sometimes lags. Very rarely though.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-16
Frank H.
Solution Architect / Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2015-02-11

"ConnectWise PSA - The Heart of Our System Integration / Managed Services Business!"

Comments: The operation of our business, with 16 on staff, really depends on the integrated foundation of ConnectWise, Quosal, and LabTech (with QuickBooks Enterprise for accounting). We build quotes, manage opportunities, schedule/execute Services and Projects (some fairly complex), handle products (we use Procurement - full package), Invoice clients, manage agreements, and provide managed / remote services for a wide range of clients.
The 'pros' of ConnectWise and its affiliated components are really too numerous to list. Suffice it to say that we effectively meet the needs of dozens of clients in a timely and effective fashion ONLY because of the powerful tools at our disposal. This includes making extensive use of workflows, reports, and other functionalities offered by ConnectWise.
Are there 'cons'? Of course...but getting fewer with each new release! There are Project Management, Inventory Management, and Mobile App limitations. At the moment, for example, there is no good way within Projects to establish / handle task dependencies (but it is coming soon). I would also like to see real two-way integration with MS Project Server.
Overall, we are extremely happy with ConnectWise and keep finding new ways to make use of its features and functions to improve our operation. I would recommend it to anyone trying to offer professional services in the technical arena!

IT Support Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-09

"Connectwise - huge program, lots of opportunity"

Pros: It is software that has something for every part of a business. It is vastly comprehensive and works SO well for anything you could think of from Sales to Service to Billing Data. It is wildly comprehensive and has a huge knowledge base.

Cons: I know that it can be expensive and at times can be complicated.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-09
Wayne H.
Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-03

"Fantastic ticketing system"

Pros: Very easy to organize tickets and collaborate with other technicians.

Cons: The search function leaves no room for error. They need to add the ability to rename a customer if they change their business name and retain all of the tickets and structure.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-03
David T.
Computer Technician
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-13

"It does everything"

Comments: It's a great program that can manage literally anything.

Pros: It can manage your entire business in itself. It has tons of features that our company uses every single day and many we have no use for.

Cons: As with most software, learning the system can take some time. Unfortunately, ConnectWise is a little harder to learn than most.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-13
Felix L.
IT consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-16

"Easy to use as a user"

Pros: I'm a user for this program, its pretty easy for me to pick up this CRM. Add task, budget etc....

Cons: sometimes the program loads longer than usual.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-16