15 years helping Canadian businesses

About ConnectWise PSA

ConnectWise PSA (formerly Manage): Powerful ticketing system with centralized communication & integrates with tools you currently use.

Learn more about ConnectWise PSA

Pros:

The tabbed GUI (very similar to a web browser) made it very easy to switch between the necessary boards and views to get the info I needed.

Cons:

You have to navigate to strange places to find the info you need. The updates to the system often break other features and they are not quick to provide fixes.

ConnectWise PSA ratings

3.7
3.7
4.1
3.8

7.3/10

ConnectWise PSA has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 245 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConnectWise PSA before?

Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise

Comments: I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user. QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate. Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech. Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks. I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros:

Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!! Your clients can use the customer portal Constant Updates Feature request bidding system. 24 hour support online training videos Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules. Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it. QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs. Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise. They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody. Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons:

It can be overwhelming for small companies The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly) If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out. Each user needs their own account. don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates. They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

Yeprem
Yeprem
Systems Administrator in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Complete solution but slow as molasses

Pros:

Almost every base is covered in the desktop version of Connectwise Manage. The web version is quite complete as well. The mobile app is horrendous.

Cons:

Slooooooowwwww. I can't stress enough how slow it is. Every user at our company complains about how much it lags. It doesn't matter where we are or which computer we are using. It is slow. Gigabit internet connection at home and at the office, slow. Brand new 8th gen CPU desktop with SSD. Slow. Laptop. Slow. It is painful. Loggin tickets just gets us the same replies. Try clearing the cache. Try restarting. Report slowness next time it happens so we can check.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Boosting Productivity with Automated and Centralized Management

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

ConnectWise PSA has been a valuable asset for managing my business operations, offering a single platform to handle project management, ticketing, and billing. The software's automation features have saved me time, allowing me to focus on growing my business. The integrations with other tools have streamlined my workflow, and the reporting functions provide insights to make informed decisions. Overall, ConnectWise PSA has helped me stay organized and efficient.

Cons:

ConnectWise PSA's setup can be time-consuming. Be prepared to invest effort in configuration.

Stephen
Stephen
Marketing Executive in UK

A Solid Company

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, not bad. plenty of documentation, although some is outdated. I'm familiar with the PSA now, however, each department has its own use case, so be sure to work with the department and apply the correct procedures.

Pros:

I think the ability to have tools under one roof helps to establish the integrations and work processes. The consultation is definitely a must and and helped to aid us throught the transition.

Cons:

The UI design is not great. It needs working on. They bought a lot of products and everything is always in development. I can see the potential, but it's a waiting game.

Mitesh
Mitesh
Senior Executive Business Operations in India
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

ConnetWise - Best for Mid-Range Players

Pros:

Integration with different software is easy part. Creation of dashboard configuration is easy. Can create multiple workflows.

Cons:

Biggest con is there Help Desk Support system. They does not provide support on Time.

Brian
Support Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Like it's written for another business

Comments: Negative. The only software owned by Connectwise that was any good was screenconnect, which Connectwise is doing it's best to try to break.

Pros:

Not very much, it did not leave a good impression.

Cons:

I was not very impressed with Connectwise PSA. It seemed like to get it to do the basic functionality you had to pay for all these third party plugins in and add-ons. It's almost as if the software was written by somoene who has never worked for an MSP and doesn't understand how the business runs. Bringing up ideas and issues to support was like talking to a brick wall.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk and ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise PSA: Promises from sales that didn't turn out to be accurate.

Switched From: Autotask PSA

COO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Decent product but watch their contract tactics

Comments: Careful with there sales tactics. They will appear to be a partner but always make sure they have the leverage or upper hand. Read there MSA carefully and understand what your agreeing too.

Pros:

Easy system to use and implement. Support is quick and easy to access.

Cons:

There products have been prematurely release and have outages.

Alternatives Considered: Autotask PSA

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise PSA: Company was already using it but the sales tactics are dishonest and we may move to another Product

Daren
Daren

Connectwise Manage

Comments: We are using this product to keep track of all our customers, their systems, software and the tickets assigned to those systems

Pros:

We like Connectwise Manage because it is very detailed and allows us to keep notes on all of our customers - what we have done for them in the past and service tickets for everyone.

Cons:

The Connectwise platform is very detailed so the learning curve can be very high when you are first starting out. Instead of importing our information, we just input everything.

Micheal
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ConnectWise PSA Has Effective Features

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the efficiency of ConnectWise PSA. ConnectWise PSA makes work easier for us.

Cons:

No dislikes about ConnectWise PSA. ConnectWise PSA is amazing.

ConnectWise Response

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback!

Information Services, 51–200 Employees

ConnectWise PSA great App

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Its easy to use and very user friendly, and quick to use to remote into someone's pc.

Cons:

Sometimes I couldn't remote into someone's pc, so had reinstall the app, even if it was updated.

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

ConnectWise is a horrible company and has mediocre products

Comments: Regretable. I regret spending $1600/mo for 3 years on a product that was NOT worth it. I went from spending $300/mo to $1600/mo for a lesser product. Locked into an inferior product by a deceitful sales team.

Pros:

ConnectWise Manage has a wide birth of functionality. It has 80% of what an MSP needs to manage its service offering. We used the product for 3 years. We used it for ticketing, project management, product inventory, lead tracking, marketing, and client communications. The product's maturity lead us to use many integrations with other services and products.

Cons:

It's so hard to pick just one thing that I liked least. The company itself was my biggest issue. The sales team had no sense of ethics and resorted to lying in order to make a sale. If ignoring the deplorable ethics of the company, the product itself has innumerable flaws. The one thing we could not get past was our struggle to regain the efficiency we had prior to using ConnectWise Manage. We took an 30% efficiency hit using ConnectWise Manage. Previously we used MaxFocus Service Desk, and since moving away from ConnectWise we use SolarWinds MSP Manager. We immediately regained our lost efficiency and have maintained it for the past 6 months. ConnectWise Manage had great automation, but the number of clicks and manual steps required to take advantage of it were not worth it.

Alternatives Considered: Naverisk , Accelo and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise PSA: In an attempt to improve automation.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise PSA: Believing the lies of the sales team.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

ConnectWise PSA Review

Comments: Overall, my experience with ConnectWise PSA was highly positive. The platform's extensive range of features and functionalities provided a robust solution for managing my business operations. It offered valuable tools for project management, ticketing, and resource allocation, allowing me to streamline processes and improve overall efficiency. The customizable dashboards and reporting capabilities provided a comprehensive view of my business performance. While there was a learning curve during the implementation phase, the long-term benefits of ConnectWise PSA outweighed the initial challenges. With its continuous updates and support, ConnectWise PSA proved to be a valuable asset in managing and growing my business.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about ConnectWise PSA was its comprehensive set of features and functionalities. The platform offered a wide range of tools for project management, ticketing, time tracking, and resource allocation. This holistic approach allowed me to centralize my business operations and efficiently manage projects from start to finish. The customizable dashboards and reporting capabilities provided valuable insights into key performance metrics, enabling me to make data-driven decisions. Additionally, the integration with other ConnectWise products created a seamless workflow and enhanced overall productivity.

Cons:

While ConnectWise PSA had numerous positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the learning curve associated with its implementation. Due to the platform's extensive features and functionalities, it took some time to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities effectively. The initial setup and configuration process required careful attention to detail and adequate training. Furthermore, occasional system performance issues and the need for regular software updates and maintenance were minor inconveniences that could have been improved.

Greg
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Best Product we ever adopted.

Comments: CW Manage really checked every box that we needed. We use it primarily for tracking service tickets. Since we connected it to our accounting software, it was a great improvement in our workflows. And by tracking all time on tickets we have been able to charge and collect for all the time we work. This product actually made us money.

Pros:

Clearly this software was developed by people who do what we do. It actually demands you follow best practices in regards to workflow management around the tech services business. Also it can become the single pane of glass that everyone talks about.

Cons:

The reporting function could be much better. There are some standard reports, and there is a report writer option, but it is not easy to get the report you want unless it happens to be one of the few canned ones. Was always surprised that the reporting is so weak compared to the rest of the funtions of the product that are so strong.

Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Connectwise runs our operation

Comments: ConnectWise Manage works very well for our business. We have invested in most of the components and integrations that we can get to properly manage our teams and out clients. Overall it is a good system for managing an IT service and support operation

Pros:

We use Connectwise Manage to run all of the aspect of our daily operations. Its ticket and issue management functionalities work very well for an IT service and support organization and they have thought of many of the challenges that we encounter every day

Cons:

Reporting from ConnectWise can be challenging. The canned reported often lack some piece of information that we would like and they are not formatted properly to download and manipulate in Excel. We complement this using custom data sets in BrightGauge and create reports and download from there but it is time consuming and resource intensive to create these with the limited knowledge of the database that we have.

Phil
CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

ConnectWise Manage is turning out to be a big mistake for us!

Comments: It was okay until a few months ago, when they made an error on our invoice.

Pros:

It is a decent CRM, but working with their customer support is a nightmare.

Cons:

If you have a billing question or issue, nobody there takes responsibility for it.

Dominic
Web Developer/Designer
Used the Software for: Not provided

ConnectWise Review

Comments: ConnectWise can probably streamline the majority of business management. However the overly-complicated graphical user interface and lack of documentation drastically diminishes any positive features included in this business management software. Final verdict, pass on this product!

Pros:

On the surface, ConnectWise is a full featured business management suite. It boasts features such as a support ticket system, project management tracking and client billing with integrated time-tracking. The wide-array of features bundled in the ConnectWise software allows the business user to accomplish practically any business management function in multiple ways. The work-station installation is pretty easy and only requires .NET and Internet Explorer running in a Windows environment.

Cons:

Persistent bugs and .NET errors make ConnectWise highly unusable. By not streamlining application features the end user is left spending countless hours trying to figure out the best way to use the software. Permission based user account controls add additional difficulty to the administration of ConnectWise. Lack of permissions can cause numerous business down-times. Project management capabilities are overly-complicated typically taking the administrative user multiple trial-and-error attempts. Tickets submitted to the ConnectWise product support department gained an initial response within one or two business days. Resolution could take up to a week. In one instance better product documentation could have provided an answer but waiting for one week to get a response from the support department was unacceptable. In another instance there was no solution for a Windows 7 compatibility issue. The "canned" responses were typical but didn't provide any resolution.

Lawrence
R&D Manager in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

A great PSA for any MSP!

Comments: The solution overall is great, nothing is perfect and it can most certainly improve on it's quirks. I would say the the overall customer service/account management from Connectwise is lacking and could massively improve

Pros:

The ability to manage our sales, billing, service desk and project work from one solution.

Cons:

As much as there is plenty of customisation options, sometimes the most basic automation tasks either have to be set up in an unnecessarily complex way or it's not possible at all.

Aleksandr
Chief Operation Officer in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Bloated software and a real lack of partnership

Comments: Negative. They made several accounting mistakes internally and tried to get me to pay for their mistakes.

Pros:

The software is very feature rich and has everything a large IT company will need

Cons:

Their billing structure, long contracts, and lack of a real partnership approach. You are nothing more than your contract and they will not hesitate to take legal action against you.

Shaun
Manager, Managed IT in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Solid suite for smaller MSP's

Pros:

CWM meets our needs in so many ways. It's designed to be used by businesses like ours and meets nearly all our requirements without needing to be heavy upfront development to become functional.

Cons:

There are limitations and customizations you'll wish for that it just cannot accommodate. There is a "right" way to use it that most companies will not likely align with 100%.

Alastair
Customer Service Specialist in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Plenty of functionality but is there too much?

Comments: Connectwise PSA does the job well enough, but we often find ourselves eyeing up competitors. That said, we never make the jump because the grass isn't usually any greener and Connectwise PSA does offer so much integration that is nearly impossible to beat!

Pros:

Connectwise PSA integrates with so many platforms that this is really its key strength.

Cons:

The software is often slow and suffers from being too bloated. There are so many configurable options and different modules that it is frankly overwhelming. The sheer vastness of the modules, areas, menus, configurations etc usually leads to frustration because you feel you aren't getting value for money - simply because you can't know it all.

Matt
IT Consultant in UK

Should be so much better

Comments: worked out what not to use

Pros:

There are lots of features, crm, helpdesk, sla management, project management. They provide a course which is aptly named university - as you will need a degree to work out the way they set up the system, its not logical!

Cons:

Support from connectwise is poor and got worst when opened their uk office. Been using CW for 6 years. When it works its good. When it breaks you have to wait for USA support to wake up. Then you will get a read the manual option, if they don't close the ticket before answering. It is expensive and they then expect you to pay to join them on their jolly meet ups.

Roger
VP, COO in US

ConnectWise streamlines our MSP processes

Pros:

ConnectWise was designed from the ground up for MSPs, by MSPs. The service tickets and CRM functionality works well. ConnectWise also have a huge partner network of add on tools that fit the gaps so ConnectWise does not need to build in every solution.

Cons:

There are things that are limiting like the dashboard functionality, reporting, customer portal options, knowledge base and document management where ConnectWise is limited. As long as you know you will need other system or tools that integrate with ConnectWise to fill the gaps, your strategy should be sound.

Hannah
Hannah
Admin Assistant in US

There's so much you can do! Unfortunately, quite buggy.

Comments: Customization, organization

Pros:

There are so many features. You can use this for timesheets, project management, ticketing, sales, etc...I think it's a great ticketing system. You can assign people, set alerts, and manage boards the way you like. I like that there's quite a bit of customization available for views, custom fields, etc. I also love the sandbox tools; being able to test things out is great.

Cons:

Using from a sales perspective is kind of a nightmare. Important contacts and companies is awful, and leads to tons of duplicates or little errors if not entered exactly right. Customer service is always available through chat, but not always knowledgable about how to fix things. Feels like a delicate system that can be messed up quite easily.

Christopher
IT manager in US
Farming, 201–500 Employees

Okay for the price

Comments: We are using ConnectWise Manage to manage out Help Desk (Support), Maintenance, and Project tickets within our organization of abour 200 end-users. I was not part of the selection & vetting process, so I cannot speak to that.
In day-to-day usage, the interface is okay once you learn it, but it takes some effort to teach new users how to use the software. The administrative & management of the software is broken up in a way that can be confusing as well. They have extensive training videos, but I would rather have something I can figure out without having to watch hours of videos to learn the software.

Pros:

It is scalable in a technical sense since it is cloud based, and it is affordable compared to other solutions.

Cons:

The UI in my opinion needs to be overhauled and could be much better and more user friendly.

MD in UK
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Getting dated with only minor revisions

Pros:

The software has a lot of features, and in fairness most of them we will never use. Unfortunately, there has been nothing major released in the past few years. All new features are from acquired companies and are a hefty Bolton.

Cons:

Clunky UI and can be pricey. Integrations work but never feel quite integrated. ConnectWise Manage has not progressed much over the past few years, with every update only bringing minor changes. Account Manager has lost touch and only every contacts you when there is a sales opportunity.