Mindflash Reviews

by Applied Training Systems

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.5 /5

About Mindflash

Learn how leading mid size companies easily train their remote teams from anywhere in the world with Mindflash. See a free demo today!

Learn more about Mindflash

Ken T.
Education Specialist
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-31

"Great LMS and Customer Support"

Comments: We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pros: Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Cons: Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-31
Nicole C.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game."

Pros: I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Cons: There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-25
Benjamin R.
Training Manager
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-07

"Mindflash is an easy to use robust LMS"

Comments: I have used Mindflash for my organization for sales training. It has been easy to use on the admin side as well as the end user side . It allows me to reach our reps and keep them up to date as well as our customers for additional information for their sales people.

Pros: Web based - allows anyone with a solid internet connection to do training remotely.
Compatible with Scorm 1.2
Voice-over capabilities
Reporting

Cons: If the end user connection is slow they might have a lack luster experience

• Reviewed on 2016-04-07
Zarella S.
Safety & Compliance Manager
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-26

"Great to get you started."

Comments: We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros: If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons: Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-26
Matt C.
VP Training
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-15

"Great tool for Operations"

Comments: Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pros: This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons: It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

• Reviewed on 2019-07-15
Matt G.
Training Director
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-14

"Easy to use for both admins and users"

Comments: I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons: Nothing glaring

• Reviewed on 2017-02-14
Dan B.
National Operations manager
  • Reviewed on 2011-07-06

"Perfect for compliance"

Comments: Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pros: This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Cons: There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

• Reviewed on 2011-07-06
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-19

"Easy to use training platform"

Comments: We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros: Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons: Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-19
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-25

"Great Software for Training"

Comments: Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros: The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons: Limit of users

• Reviewed on 2017-01-25
Human Resources Business Partner
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-26

"Easy to use LMS"

Pros: This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons: It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-26
Nicholas L.
Manager of Verifications

"Excellent Product!"

Comments: Pros- *Ease of training
*Introducing a new medium to employee training
*Price
*Facility in creating videos
Cons- *If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email
*No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos.
Impressions- When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.

Lisa J.
Director - Channel Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-29

"Testimonial"

Comments: My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience.
While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

• Reviewed on 2014-07-29
Jesse H.
National Training Manager
  • Reviewed on 2014-11-10

"Mindflash is a must have for any training department"

Comments: When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

• Reviewed on 2014-11-10
Jason T.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2015-06-25

"We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months ago."

Comments: Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience. While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive. We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen?? In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

• Reviewed on 2015-06-25
Bob S.
Director of Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 2015-05-30

"As the system has been adding features the experience has improved."

Comments: The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail.
I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming.
I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

• Reviewed on 2015-05-30
Sandi K.
Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2014-11-20

"Transitioning to Mindflash"

Comments: After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.

• Reviewed on 2014-11-20
Robert C.
Safety Technician
  • Reviewed on 2014-06-10

"Great Training Platform!"

Comments: Since our transition from group training sessions to Mindflash we've seen a significant impact in how our employees "absorb" the training material.
Pros:
Easy to navigate.
Simple and fast way for employees to create and account.
Fast and easy way to invite trainees to a training course.
Ability to pull results by groups.
Ability to upload material used for courses.
Ability to add voice to slides.

• Reviewed on 2014-06-10
Kathleen S.
Training and Quality Consultant

"Real Value"

Comments: I've worked with premium learning management systems that are complex and pricey. They have nothing on MindFlash with its ease of use, library of helpful tutorials and responsive customer service. With MindFlash, I'm not weighed down by technical red tape and I don't need days of training before I can perform basic tasks. MindFlash has what I need.

Gordon F.
Canadian Completions Trainer
  • Reviewed on 2015-06-11

"Easiest LMS I've used to date!"

Comments: Pro:
Easy to set-up and administer large number of users with excel import ability
Low on bandwidth use for the field / cellphone hotspot
Quizzes are easy to add, more options than just multiple choice
Our end users like the easy of login and use
Con:
Reporting exports may need minor tweaking with dates

• Reviewed on 2015-06-11
Tif S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-01

"Happy with product"

Comments: I like how easy it is to create an user, add to courses or series, reset if needed.
I also like how easy it is to organize.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-01
John S.
Trainer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-11

"6 yr customer"

Pros: Clean appearance of the home page, easy to develop courses, reports.

Cons: I found not being able to rotate the courses on iPhone unfortunate

• Reviewed on 2020-02-11
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-12

"Review of Mindflash"

Comments: Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Pros: Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Cons: Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-12
Mike D.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-11

"Mindflash is very versatile"

Comments: Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pros: Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Cons: No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

• Reviewed on 2017-07-11
David P.
National training Manager
  • Reviewed on 2011-07-07

"Almost There.."

Comments: - Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion.
- Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently.
Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.

Pros: Can do just about anything we need when it comes to training.
Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.

Cons: -Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes.
-Quizzing formats still need a lot of help:
--Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info.
--Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees.
--Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters.
--Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.

• Reviewed on 2011-07-07
Felix F.
Project Leader
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-22

"Is easy to learn and intuitive in most of its modules."

Pros: The best thing about this LMS is its flexibility to invite participants to enroll in the courses, the user experience is very simple for my liking, the loading of content is very simple, the whole environment is very simple, I have worked with better LMS

Cons: A software developer understands very well how to create reports, but for the end user it is not easy, they are quite simple and not detailed reports, the structure of prices / user plans is not very flexible. It has the basic functions of an LMS but can be improved.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-22