• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About PurelyHR

PurelyHR is powerful modular software for businesses who want to simplify their everyday HR. Start your free trial today.

Learn more about PurelyHR

Cari M.
Comptroller
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"PurelyHR"

Comments: It has been positive. prior to moving to PurelyHR we had an inhouse program to keep trap of vacation, and another formatto keep staff information, this is all in 1 place.

Pros: It is easy to use and the support and service I receive is excellent.

Cons: There are a few reporting features and information I would like to see that currently are not available. It takes a bit of time to navigate through the modules we use to find where I need to go to get the information.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019-01-21

Cari,

We are so happy that your experience with PurelyHR has been positive.

We often take time to listen to our customers requests for new features/reports. If you haven't already, please send us an email with the reports you might find helpful. We'll do our best to accommodate you.

Thank you for leaving a review. Happy new year!

The PurelyHR Team

• Reviewed on 2019-01-18
Christina P.
Asst. Bookkeeper/Payroll
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Good Product Could be better with a just a few upgrades."

Comments: The calendar feature is what help our employees in the field the most. The supervisors can keep track of who is off and when someone will be out more easily than our old way of doing time off. The employees can easily request time off without tracking down someone on the job site.

Pros: Easy to use for both employees and administrator. You can request time off in small increments of time or the whole day or days. The calendar feature is really good. I can bring up the calendar and see who is off and who has time off pending approval.
The employees can see how much time they have taken off and how much they have left in the year, so they are not calling the office to see their balances. I do like the reports I can run to show balances and time taken off.

Cons: I do not like that the systems resets automatically each year. I would like to make sure at the end of the year the totals are correct before it reset for the new year. There might be a feature that I am not aware of that would allow me to do this. Each year each employee can roll over 40hrs of time not taken but there are some exceptions to this rule and I would like to add this before the system rolls over.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019-01-30

Hi Christina,

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are continuously working on making improvements to PurelyHR, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them.

The PurelyHR Team.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-25
Co-Founder
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-09

"Good for what it does, would have preferred consolidated solution"

Comments: We use ADP for core HR management and were not satisfied with the tools included in that platform. We did a survey of available tools and found that PurelyHR suited our needs and was easy for us as well as our employees to use.

Pros: PurelyHR has a simple interface and is easy to use, both in terms of administration and end user input. It helps us keep track of more complex needs, such as overtime, for certain staff members.

Cons: We only use it for time sheet and vacation purposes, so it doesn't seem worth the expense or compliance overhead of using yet another vendor. I'd prefer to see this type of functionality be better built into our core HR platform so we don't need to maintain two relationships.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-09
Molly P.
HR Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-29

"PurelyHR Review"

Comments: Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros: It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons: I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019-01-30

Hi Molly,

First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization.

We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done.

We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us!

The PurelyHR Team

• Reviewed on 2019-01-29
Allison M.
VP Finance & HR
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-25

"Excellent Software & Customer Service is Outstanding"

Comments: We've been using the software now since 2013; we use it to track time off for two sister companies. The software is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up. I've requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive. Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market....and I've used several!!

Pros: Ease of set-up and use.

Cons: None really.

Hi Allison,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off has solved your leave management needs. If you need any other changes in your reports, you know where to find us!

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-25
Robert D.
Director of Public Works
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-05

"Excellent. A great easy to use program with a variety of suitable feature for our organization."

Pros: The clear layout and ease of use. Cover most aspects of leave with easy to use functionality. We mainly use TOM features.

Cons: Transitioning from end of year to the next is always a time consuming task. It would be easy if their were carry over adjustable settings to address this.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-21

Hi Robert, thank you for submitting your review to us. We always love receiving feedback from clients. In the meantime, someone from our support team will be reaching out to assist in making sure the transition over to the new year, runs as smoothly as possible for you. Sincerly, the Purelyhr Team!

• Reviewed on 2017-12-05
Susan S.
VP of Finance & Adminstration - North America
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-14

"Product works well for our needs"

Comments: We were able to get rid of paper approvals & able to easily track who is out of the office.

Pros: Setting up new employees is easy & intuitive. Customer service is always responsive in a timely manner & the price is right for a small company like ours.

Cons: Setting up a new user's vacation time on an accrual basis (instead of all up front) has been difficult/confusing

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-21

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties setting up the user's vacation time on an accrual basis. We want to ensure we provide you with the best possible solution to make those additions, therefore, someone from our support team will be reaching out to you to review any questions, concerns you may have. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-14
Jeremy M.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-11

"Travel agency"

Pros: I can pull a time sheet at a 'click of a button' which makes life easier for me and for my bookkeeping when issuing paycheques.

Cons: It is a bit daughting creating different time periods. It would be best to allow the time periods to be user-friendly when adapting. Thankfully, you have a great support team!

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-21

Hi Jeremy, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-11
Helen E.
CFO
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-31

"Excellent! Makes life easier!"

Comments: Overall this is been great! It is very, very much appreciated by everyone in our organization!

Pros: Easy to implement; Easy to use; Currently using only the time off module. It is great for managers and employees to use; Time off calendar links to Google Calendar (with some special configuration); Staff report is easy to customize. Customer service is exceptional!

Cons: Creating sub depts does not seem to be possible; Would be nice if we could export the Org Chart into a nice powerpoint style chart or at least a pdf. Would be great if it can integrate/have links with an existing payroll provider in Canada. For example, Ceridian & Nethris. This would be great for things like updating time taken and employee personal information like address. This is more of a suggestion for future updates for PurelHR.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2021-04-07

Hi Helen, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so happy that Time-Off is making your life easier! We appreciate your suggestions for possible future updates and are working on some exciting features that we think you'll like.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-31
Shannon D.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-15

"Everything I Was Looking For"

Comments: I run HR at a small, growing organization and our previous time-off management system was an online spreadsheet. Tons of human error, no approval system, no way for people to check their balances - it was a huge problem. I did some research and found timeoffmanager.com had good ratings so I gave it a try. I found it had everything I wanted: people could request, add notes, see balances; managers could approve; we could have different rules for different types of time off; there is a company-wide calendar view, etc. It was also super intuitive to set up and for employees to use. It literally has everything I was looking for and was very easy to get up and running and have employees start using. We couldn't be happier with it.

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to customize in pretty much any way

Cons: Took a while to set up mid-year and back-filling with days off taken thus far - would recommend setting up at the start of your time off cycle

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to know that our software has been helpful for you and your organisation.

We hope you continue using and enjoying our products!

• Reviewed on 2016-11-15
Jennifer D.
Director of Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2011-06-21

"From paper to automation, in a single bound..."

Comments: We had been using a pen and paper system to approve and track employee leave and we were drowning under mountains of leave requests, that didn't always make it through the process before the date of leave. Time Off Manager allowed us to save trees, time and our sanity! Upon implementation, the employee feedback was glowing and enthusiastic. At last - for employees and managers both - a quick and easy way to handle leave requests! Errors in processing leave have drastically decreased. Employee understanding and knowledge of leave programs increased. And the HR and Payroll departments are happy!

Pros: The most affordable product we found, while maintaining complete functionality. Customer support and responsiveness to customer requests is excellent. Intuitive steps and controls. Audit trails allow for easy and complete research of employee leave behaviors. Wide variety of reports are ready-made.

Cons: Ability to establish multiple tiers of approval would be nice.
Not able to build a custom calendar (different number of days per week or hours per day during different parts of the year)

• Reviewed on 2011-06-21
James C.
IT Admin/Programmer
  • Reviewed on 2011-06-16

"Great Support-Amazing Product"

Comments: I would recommend this to any small company. I think that if user's could be created with a bit more ease this would be great for any company large or small. I am extremely happy with my choice in picking TimeOffManager. Jason has been a great help with any questions/issues I have had, and he always gets back to me quickly! Thanks for all the hard work!

Pros: I have always had amazing support with the TimeOffManager. This was the first purchase I ever made for my company and I am really happy with it. Jason is constantly improving the TimeOffManager site, and the one time an update went against our normal flow of work he created a work-around for us within a day.

Cons: Creating users can be a pain. I would love it if you could make it so that you could push accruals out to every user based on a user that is already set up (or something along those lines so I dont have to deal with the accruals every time I create a user).

• Reviewed on 2011-06-16
Kim M.
Office Manager/Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2015-02-04

"Time-Off Manager"

Comments: Time-Off Manager has allowed us to easily manage time-off requests for 36 people. It saves me hours of work over our old system. It has many features, which allow full customization to meet our needs. It prevents human error by automating additional time off on anniversary dates, prorating time off for employees who join us mid-year, and updating time-off balances for everyone as requests are made or cancelled. The reminders of anniversary dates prevent me from forgetting performance reviews. It's also helpful to the employees, who are able to see everyone's time off on the calendar and can check their own balances whenever they want. There was no need for me to train anyone; it's so easy for the employees to use. Whenever I've had a concern or question, someone has responded to me right away. I compared this product to others; and the simple, uncluttered appearance was really appealing. The appearance along with its uncomplicated but comprehensive features are what sold me.

• Reviewed on 2015-02-04
Linaa F.
HR Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-10

"PurelyHR has made keeping track of PTO very easy!"

Pros: The system is easy to navigate. I love the calendar feature which shows a visual of employees that are absent from the office.

Cons: One feature I wish Purely HR contains was a way to track employee lateness. The only way I am able to keep track of lateness is in the notes section, which isn't helpful track trends.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2018-05-16

Hi Linaa,
Thank you for sending us your valuable feedback. We've gone ahead and asked our service team to communicate with you with regards to tracking employee lateness, as we do have a product that could potentially assist you with this. Stay tuned!

Team PurelyHr

• Reviewed on 2018-05-10
Yolanda B.
Financial Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-22

"The experience has been awesome!"

Comments: Not having to track departments PTO with paper forms and Excel.

Pros: Support was able to answer all of my questions regarding set-up, corrections, billing. My staff feel that its super easy and much better than the paper submission forms we were previously using.

Cons: I really don't have any cons. I did have an error with my bill, but support immediately fixed the issue and emailed me back.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-08

Thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review Yolanda, we truly appreciate it.

We hope PurelyHR continues to deliver a great experience to you and your team :).

- PurelyHR

• Reviewed on 2017-06-22
Stephen R.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-11

"Great Features. Great Customer Support"

Comments: The product has some great features and is very customizable. Not everything is intuitive, which could be my inexperience in setting up PTO polices. However, customer support was exceptional in providing guidance and assistance. I think some setup wizards and a more contemporary user interface would improve the overall product. I ultimately selected Time-off Manager over other "slicker-looking" products because of features.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2016-03-11

Hi Stephen,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service from our support team. Delivering exceptional customer service has always been one of top priorities.

In addition, you will be please to learn that we will be releasing a new User Interface very soon. Therefore, you will soon be able to enjoy all the amazing features in a new intuitive and stylish version of Time-Off Manager.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-11
Karen R.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-08

"Helped a small office get organized."

Comments: I used this product to organize time off requests for a small office. It was a great change from my self - designed spreadsheet. It helped articulate what the policy was and keep track of individuals' unique situations. It was especially helpful in tracking hours of time off rather than days - which was needed because of the irregularity of the hours in the work week. I appreciated the calendar showing everyone's time off at a glance. I didn't rate customer support because I did not use it. Employees did not use this program. As the administrator, I put in the time off requests on their behalf. They did, however, appreciate the reports that I could print off at a moment's notice.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sending such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate it.

We hope your experience with our system continues to please you are your team!

• Reviewed on 2016-11-08
Pascal K.
IT Director
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-21

"Time-Off Manager is a great tool, very easy to use, flexible, and offers great and fast support"

Comments: Time-Off Manager is very easy to use, and offers a complete solution for vacation management in multi-branch, multi-timezone, and even different vacation requirements and laws.
We were able to set it up in a very short time frame, and we are using it for our 5 companies, 120 employees situated 5 different countries.
The support is fast, straight to the point and very responsive. For more than 2 years as a customer, we never had to escalate an issue, or ask the same question more than once.

Hi Pascal,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that our software was able to satisfy all your company's needs.

Our support team are great aren't they? Glad you enjoyed their help!

Thank you for your loyalty throughout the years. We truly appreciate it.

ToM.

Alycia A.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-17

"Game Changer for our Company"

Comments: We are a small California corporation of 85 employees - time off record keeping use to be a nightmare until we started using TOM. It's a clean and simple user experience for our Employees and Management team and it allows for them to access information from anywhere at any time. We required quite a bit of customization during implementation for time off policies and length of service schedules - there was no extra cost for this customization. The people working for TOM are very knowledgeable and easy to work with - via phone or email. Their customer service is fantastic!

by Ironflow Technologies on 2016-03-21

Hi Alycia,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that our product was able to satisfy all your needs. Our support team are great aren't they? Glad you enjoyed their help!

Joyce G.
Manager of Finance and Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-07

"When the product interface changed, I think it became less intuitive."

Comments: We use to use a Google calendar, this is more efficient

Pros: The price is right, we use it strictly for PTO tracking, and it works fine for that. The price is very reasonable.

Cons: I don't things are intuitive. It would be nice to be able to run reports and select multiple people, don't think that functionality is there.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-21

Hi Joyce, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-07
Naveen kumar M.
UI developer
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-21

"Simple and task oriented"

Comments: Pros :
1) Simple and easy to finish the task
2) Good performance
3) Easy accessible to all pages
Cons :
1) Not much appealing UI
2) Holiday with actual event pic
3) Could have couple of themes (Dark and light)
4) Need improvisation in organizing menu

Hi Naveen Kumar,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

As for your requests, you will be pleased to learn that we will be releasing a new User Interface very soon. Therefore, you will soon be able to enjoy all the amazing features in a new intuitive and stylish version of Time-Off Manager.

We hope this will improve your overall experience with Time-Off Manager!

Sincerely, TOM.

Katrina W.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-22

"Easy to use"

Comments: I have only been using this software since December 2015, but so far, it has been very easy to use. The few times I have ran into an issue or question CS has been helpful. I like the reporting features as well, this is something that was very manual and time consuming for us before. My employees also enjoy how easy it is to make a PTO request and managers love the approval process. It is very quick and easy!

Hi Katrina,

We are thrilled to have you join our growing family! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying Time-Off Manager so far. We are confident you will love it even more with time.

Thank you for your kind review, we truly appreciate it.

Sincerely, TOM.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-22
Allison M.
VP Finance & HR

"Super Product!"

Comments: We looked around for a really good time off management program and found Time Off Manager. What a great program! It does everything we need it to, in an easy to use interface. And when I've made suggestions on ways to improve reports or add new reports, the response was quick and efficient. We've been using the program for the past three years. I've worked in many different size organizations, and Time Off Manager would have been a really good fit for all of them.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2016-03-21

Hi Allison,

We are happy to hear that you love Time-Off Manager!

Thank you for leaving such a friendly review! We truly appreciate it.

Gary C.
Tech Services Mgr.
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-25

"Time off makes the grade"

Comments: I've used a lot of TOM products over the years. Each has had some good features but ended up falling short at the end of the day. Capterra'a TOM seems to have it all. I see very little that I'd like to change.
If I had to ask for one improvement, it would be the ability to track my hourly staff by partial days.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2016-03-29

Hi Gary,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager has solved all your Time-Off needs!

We will look into your request and advise you if this is a possible feature we could add to the system.

Thank you for leaving such a friendly review! We truly appreciate it.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-25
Sarah S.
HRIS Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-26

"EXCELLENT! Very easy for end users and admin"

Comments: Easy to use- love the month to month billing!

Pros: Ease of use, GUI, cost, web-based, easy implementation- love the import features! Made the configuration very quick!!

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017-12-08

WOW! Thank you for the kind words Sarah, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

- PurelyHR