PioneerRX Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About PioneerRX

PioneerRxs mission is to save and revitalize independent pharmacy by making patient care and dispensing competitive and profitable.

Learn more about PioneerRX

Alan K.
Pharmacist/owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-22

"Great product with great support"

Comments: I bought Pioneer in 2013 after using QS1 for 20 years. The system did not transfer the competitive prices from QS1 that I had set into the old software, and I had difficulty in maintaining a good margin on low priced generics as well as maintaining continuity on pricing, especially generics. After muddling through it for 3 years and doing the best we can, and voicing my frustrations on this site, Pioneer called me and said they wanted my issues resolved and volunteered to send a rep to my store for the better part of 3 days. Customer support representative was exceptional in his willingness and ability to explain and resolve my issues. I was able to get better control over my generic pricing and he also led us to a multitude of other issues to better utilize what Pioneer offered the independent pharmacy. My staff loves it. It does a great job managing our profit/loss issues (with the DIR exceptions) and I may be able to save money by d/cing other programs that Pioneer can handle. My biggest recommendation would be that if you aren't happy with the product, ask them to fix it. don't give up until you get results. It can do a lot more than you think it can. the on site training is somewhat limited. I wish they would have spent more energy into pointing out things at time of installation (perhaps a checklist, provided by current users, would help). I am a bit old school and Pioneer is a highly technical software so the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I would recommend this software over QS1 and am very happy with the service they provided.

Pros: it can do just about anything once you figure out how to work it.

Cons: it is technical and a bit convoluted so may require some serious training. the learning curve might be a bit steep.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-22
Ahmed A.
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-03

"terribly inefficient software"

Comments: none

Cons: Nour advised PioneerRx that the software which was represented to be simpler, was actually much more complex to use. Specifically, Nour advised PioneerRx of the following problems: There are too many statuses; many more than the essential will call, filling que, in-take que, rejection que and on order.
75% of the data entry screen is blank and all of the essential and a significant amount of non-essential information is shown in a small font on the other 25% of the screen. It is unorganized, not in the same format as the prescription is laid out.
The data entry itself is more difficult than Supreme Royal Pharmacy Software which allows the user to browse with a tab button through a prescription.
Nour was told PioneerRx integrates with PK Software, but it does not.
Nour was told QR Code could be printed, but it cannot.
Textphone notification must be manually turned on for each individual patient which is a significant amount of extra work collecting carrier date on each patient.
Escripts do not auto-populate adding more work for the Pharmacy.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-03
Pharmacy Intern
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-05

"One of the best software I've used so far"

Comments: With how easy the program is to use it makes training very simple. All the buttons are shown and it's easy to navigate throughout the different tabs. You're able to also put in a request for one of the PioneerRx techs to call you so that you don't have to get tied up with trying to call them. When you put in the request you're able to provide information on the issue and most times they're calling back to let you know that they solved the issue you were having.

Pros: I like how easy this software is to learn and use. The ability to have a PioneerRx member contact you in case of any software issues is also very handy especially during rush hour in the pharmacy.

Cons: Some recent issues we've had in the past few months is that the program will freeze up. We tried to merge several stores onto one server and it caused issues throughout the stores. The main issue was the lag time and that it would freeze out all the computers within the pharmacy. We recently switched over to another software due to the lagging we had experienced.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-05
Whitney B.
Owner/Pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-06

"My experience with PioneerRx has been phenomenal from day one."

Pros: PioneerRx's ease of use is what sets it apart from other pharmacy softwares. A brand new user can be up and running almost immediately. I specifically like that PioneerRx is great for compounding or hybrid pharmacies, I don't need another software to dispense my compounds. Their support & customer service is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I used PioneerRx as an employee at 2 pharmacies, when it was time to select Rx software for my own pharmacy, PioneerRx was the easy winner.

Cons: 1. The alert for non-matched/incorrect item in the check screen is inadequate 2. The reports can be difficult to manage, there are lots of reports to choose from, but not always the exact one you want.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-06
Chelsea S.
Pharmacy Tech
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-04

"Wonderful customer service and support team. Easy to navigate and train other staff on."

Comments: It offers a ton of tips to help the pharmacy run and is very easy to train new staff on so everyone is on the same page!

Pros: I love how easy this system is to use. Some pharmacy software in the past was hard to follow and you had to spend time searching for different functions. This system is very easy to use and if we have issues the support team is amazing and always right at our service.

Cons: I do not have any complaints. I do not like how many up dates this system has but each week I read the update descriptions and I am good to go. The direction and layout of this software is amazing and is my top choice for any pharmacy!

• Reviewed on 2018-05-04
Laura E.
CPHT
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-10

"I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE"

Pros: LOVE THE FEATURES, ELIGIBILIY CHECK, EASE OF INSURANCE RECONCILIATION, POS FEATURES A OUTSTANDING (LOVE THAT IT TELL YOU IF A PATIENT HAS ANOTHER RX WAITING TO BE PICKED UP WHEN YOU RING THEM OUT, EASE OF ITEM CHANGES LIKE ADDING ONE CHANGING ONE , SEARCHING FOR DOCTORS TO ADD TO SYSTEM AND PHARMACIES IS SO EASY, EASE OF TRANSFERING A RX WITH FAXING OPTIONS, HELP DESK IS FAST AND SUPER HELPFUL

Cons: SOMETIMES WHOLESALER PRICE UPDATES DO NOT APPLY QUICKLY OR ACCURATELY. SOME RX REJECTS ARE HARD TO FIX BY HAVING TO GO TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES TO ADD OR TAKE OUT INFO

Matt L.
Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-06

"Pioneer is a great software for our pharmacy. Very powerful and lots of customization"

Comments: Easy to navigate

Pros: Once familiar with the software, the options are pretty much endless for what you can do. Love the ability to leave critical comments that are easy for the next shift to follow up with once the patient calls back. Good workflow. Easy to find or track down any old RX, i.e. ability to search by name, drug, dispensing date, MD, etc. Generally user friendly.

Cons: Slightly larger buttons, i.e. click to call, or edit patient profile. Ability to add ins from the "edit RX screen", Click to call feature for Check screen. Integrations with other softwares, i.e. to get a patient signature via email/text. Ability to track anyone who alters an RX critical comments.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-06
Tracy O.
Pharmacist in Charge
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-30

"Started off rocky but I enjoy working on it now! I think it is a very good pharmacy system!"

Pros: Before pioneer, we never had point of sale. I love the interface between the two. It's nice you can track the workflow of rx pickups. I like the directory for doctor lookup and third parties. There is a "phone" icon button to submit any help questions....helpdesk if very quick to respond to help with rejects or just general questions.

Cons: My biggest issue is overrides. They are there but using them and picking the correct one I just can't get the hang of. It is getting better!

• Reviewed on 2018-05-30
Sean S.
Pharmacy Technician, CphT
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-22

"Very Helpful and Professional."

Comments: The ability to customize recurrent sig codes and fill dates with day supplies and ndc listings make repetitive tasks simpler and reduces user error.

Pros: The ease of use and the consistency. The Ability to customize and change functions as needed to meet our needs and those of our patients. The ability to adress and issue with a live person a click away and by phone within seconds sometimes of submitting a ticket instead of the hours I spent waiting for a reply from HBS, It has been an excellent change of pace.

Cons: The only item i'd like to see change on a whim is the ability to show both NDC's On the label of a split billed item! Everything else has been excellent and with the range of customization offered by the help desk you simply cannot go wrong.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-22
Brent D.
Pharmacist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-10

"Intuitive, easy to use pharmacy software"

Comments: Increased efficiency and profitability at the pharmacy

Pros: The software is very robust, yet everything is still easy to find making it a very intuitive system. New employees have picked it up after only a few days having worked different systems for years

Cons: Updates are almost too frequent. It is very hard to implement updates once you have become accustomed to processing or using the system a certain way.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-10
Jared J.
Pharmacist in charge
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-22

"I have been incredibly happy with our switch to pioneer, I can't imagine what life was like before."

Pros: I love the ease with which to do everything. I have a saying about pioneer, "if you can dream it you can do it". Pioneer has made life so easy for us here at the pharmacy. I especially love the sync program, it has been the best thing for our workflow

Cons: I have been extremely happy with pioneer, I can't think of anything that I would want to change right now.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-22
Travis D.
Cpht
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-01

"Dealing with Pioneer is like taking a drive on Sunday with no vehicles on the road- Smooth sailing"

Pros: I simply Love the fact that the customer service is extremely helpful & patient. When I first started using this system I had to call a lot, but fortunately for me The support staff was Wise helped me with my fear of this software even thou we are somewhat enemies.... Go Vols!!!

Cons: Whenever I figure that out I'll definitely let you know , but you've seriously surpassed my expectations.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-01
Brenda T.
Senior Technician
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-09

"Great software! Account Manager is amazing! She always goes above and beyond for us!"

Pros: The ease and functionality of the software. The support we receive from our account manager. The updates, idea board....list is endless

Cons: You have to stay up on the reconciliation and call quite a bit to make sure they are getting all of your 835 files. That the POS only fully integrates with Heartland.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-09
John S.
Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-01

"Great Software. Helps manage a lot of back end tasks while you can focus on your real task at hand."

Pros: Can use Excel to import anything needed. Also, if you can use Microsoft Word you can pickup PioneerRx quick.

Cons: There are some weird restrictions in terms of actions and reports, but they do take suggestions for new features.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-01
Jim S.
Pharmacist / Owner

"It has been great"

Pros: I love the great support I get . I love the fact that the program is updated at least weekly . I also love Orbit

Quinee P.
Pharmacist in Charge/ Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-19

"Wonderful experience. Calls in a timely manner. Very helpful..."

Comments: There are so many thing implemented. Auto fills, text messages when meds are ready. Talking points with patients "Incomplete action", delivery system that scans, Drug interaction check, helps with pricing when ptn does not have insurance- we are able to compare with retail chain and our prices as well. I am exploring new things everyday. There are many features that can be displayed at your wanting

Pros: Always helps promptly. Very professional, and great attitude.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-19
Suzanne S.
pharmacy tech
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-24

"every time I call support I am helped immediately when tracie pundyke is in the office.!the best!!"

Comments: ease of use

Pros: the software is easy to use, self explanatory, and once you learn the ins and outs it is helpful - especially with all the alerts and reminders and workflow aides

Cons: it is not good at warning you when someone else is entering an escript at the same time you are and some of the overrides are difficult but I only have to call tracie to help

• Reviewed on 2018-01-24
Matthew M.
Pharmacy Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-27

"Ease of use is excellent."

Pros: Care Goals, point of sale, and Fedex integration are fantastic. We also love the integration with our IVR telephone system and overall professional design of the software.

Cons: As an HIV specialty pharmacy, we would love to see Transgender patient profile options to better serve our patient population.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-27
Chris D.
Staff Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-20

"Best clinical dispensing software on the market."

Comments: Workflow optimization, clinical patients, etc...

Pros: Changes with the time. Patient profile allows for great customization and clinical additions. I also like all of the workflow optimization.

Cons: The dual billing for NYS EPIC is not intuitive. The add ons need to be customized to the workflow properly.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-20
Kevin D.
Pharmacist Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-05

"System is a breeze to operate."

Pros: Ease of use and the many functions that it is capable of doing. Only wish I had more time to investigate what it can actually do. Pioneer is constantly upgrading the software to make it more user friendly and willing to seek advice from users on ways that it can be more efficient and easier to use.

Cons: Doesn't have any major flaws that I have noticed. Usually if there is an issue it is eventually corrected by Pioneer.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-05
Joe C.
Pharmacist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2012-12-17

"A Great Rx Product"

Comments: 5 Star rating system. I give it a 6!!!!

Pros: We like everything about PioneerRx from it ease of use to it's perpetual updates to the system to keep it modern & excellent customer support both software & hardware

Cons: It's hard to find something that I don't like about the system. The only thing I can think of is sometimes I feel I have to make too many key strokes to get a few things done.

• Reviewed on 2012-12-17
Ash S.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-19

"good and comprehensive system but you will be nickeled and dimed"

Comments: I own a chain of stores, they wanted my business so they offered me a package, after I paid and had them set up in my trial store, i told them so how do drivers capture signatures and they told me oh you want to capture signatures thats an extra cost, I told them that I already negotiated and was part of the price, after speaking to their manager they said no we already gave you enough discounts and getting signatures is extra, i lost almost investment to them but i decided that they will not see another dime from me, their way or the highway approach, be careful with them and hidden costs

Pros: system seems to be advanced , you can generate many reports, i never got to use it much as after installation they wanted some hidden fees

Cons: they give you a special for you to sign up then they don't deliver on their promise, hidden fees , multiple steps to process a script

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-19
Rhonda D.
Pharmaceuticals, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-16

"Great progress for the compounding market"

Comments: The benefits include greater efficiency, faster turnaround, and decreased training costs

Pros: Ease of use. Very efficient. Customer service department is very helpful during office hours. Has improved our training program

Cons: Need to expand their customer service department hours of operation. We have not had issues worth complaining about so far.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-16
Vincent L.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 2012-12-14

"pioneer review"

Comments: overall i like the system

Pros: very good support

Cons: sometimes slow
some steps i do not need but cannot take out

• Reviewed on 2012-12-14
Abie N.
CPhT
  • Reviewed on 2014-11-20

"rae is the bestttttesttt"

Comments: easy program to use. awesome account manager.

• Reviewed on 2014-11-20