15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Deskera ERP

Manage all aspects of your business with Deskera ERP, from financial management to inventory control and manufacturing operations.

Learn more about Deskera ERP

Pros:

Bought 2 licenses to manage 2 businesses, and the LTD deal was attractive. I was switching from QuickBooks, which was pretty expensive for a small business.

Cons:

Still in development so it can cause problems, but once pointed out it only takes a few days to fix.

Deskera ERP ratings

4.4
4.6
4.4
4.6

8.6/10

Deskera ERP has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 204 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Deskera ERP before?

Alban
Alban
General Manager in Hong Kong
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

An excellent (and more complete) alternative to Xero

Comments: My main issue of the past 2 years was to use an invoicing system and a separate bank reconciliation system because none other did support my bank.
Another issue I had was providing a convenient way for external consultants to fill their timesheets and expenses.
Deskera solves this and brings tons of other features on the table.

Pros:

I've struggled to find a full-featured SaaS that would interface with my bank. Only Xero did, all the others didn't support it. Until Deskera, that is. As Xero's bills and invoice system is rather cumbersome, I used something else for invoicing and had to manually match payments to invoices, which was taking me hours every month. Now everything is integrated, and I have a whole bunch of other features (HR, Inventory management, CRM...) for a complete solution. I just love it. Plus, it has an auto-import function from Xero, so the transition was much easier than I thought. Oh, and as a cherry on the cake, the support team is great and reactive.

Cons:

As it's a very feature-full solution, it can be overwhelming at times. It's not just fire and forget, you do have some configuration to do, which honestly can be a bit complicated if you're not used to this kind of software. And if you're migrating from solutions others than Xero or QuickBooks you might need some support.

Đỗ
Đỗ
General Manager in Singapore
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Application suitable for all businesses

Comments: This is exactly the business management software that I have been searching for a long time. I am a marketing agency with a lot of clients and in the past we had to manually manage it through Excel, although the market has a lot of management software and it is cumbersome because each tool stands separately. Only Deskera could do the package and turn around so easily. The road map is very promising right now and I see them actively taking care of their customers. Just need to improve the performance a little in the dashboard to make it work faster. Also there is nothing to blame. In addition, the price is very good, even a LTD but with what Deskera offers I think this is the next unicorn in the business software segment like CRM and ERP

Pros:

I love the way the app manages companies and departments under one account. As a general manager I can easily view reports from accountants (daily receipts and payments, import and export invoices), reports from CRM about leads and deals gathered from sales staff, in addition, also manageable for payroll, timekeeping and travel reimbursement. All can be viewed in a single dashboard report. Very fast and convenient. Their mobile app is very intuitive and easy to use, able to create deals and browse permission applications on the go. Mobile apps are the one I appreciate most at Deskera, but in terms of features like Book, it's a bit confusing to start but they have quite a full Docs, me and my accountant are still working on and applying it. into your business.

Cons:

In general, the basic features compared to other softwares on the market they are already complete. I would like to integrate more local banks to accommodate more tax patterns in different countries. Desktop application will be a little difficult to grasp initial usage, and it works a bit heavy, just improve its performance, add automatic integrations like Zapier, Pabbly Connect to be able to connect with other other marketing software.

Completely Amateur Software

Comments: I would stay away. In the span of 1 month, I initially reported 4 bugs, only to have 2 bugs fixed, and I ended up with a whole new set of 5 bugs. All while wasting 30+ hours QA'ing the product for them because they don't know how to integrate with Stripe properly. The reviews on G2, Capterra, and Appsumo must be sponsored because there's no way I'm the only person who integrated Stripe with Deskera and I'm the only one with tech glitches. 3 business owners contacted me asking why I'm sending duplicate invoices. Kudos to the Deskera team for adding Stripe integration WITHOUT testing and WITHOUT performing QA.

Pros:

Nothing was positive about this experience for 4 months.

Cons:

It's been 1 month since my original request to have fixes to something so simple, and more importantly, REASONABLE. (1) Email invoices directly from Deskera app (2) Add a payment link in the body of the email. (3) Add a payment link to the attached invoice. (4) Add payment details to their Integrated "Stripe Express" Dashboard. For bug (4), imagine as a business owner receiving 20 payments and none of them have customer info or any other details, all that Deskera shows is a blank page with totals. Photo is attached here https://tinyurl.com/yfev3e5g. This was the response for (4), and I quote: "If you further want to confirm who all have paid, that is what the Bank reconciliation process is for. You will need to reconcile your bank against the various payments you receive regularly as well..." (1) was resolved (2) was resolved (3) was not resolved (4) was not resolved There is a new (5th) problem where integration with Stripe sends out phantom invoices that are separate from the invoices generated in Deskera. Accompanying the (5th) problem is a (6th) problem, where this new phantom invoice contains (A) a different Invoice # (B) contains different net terms and (C) contains a different date of issue. Another new problem after integrating with Stripe, (7) there is no connection back and forth. I.e. I send out an invoice for $1,000. Client asks for a $200 price adjustment. Deskera invoice is updated to show $800. The payment link does not update to reflect new $800 total.

Proinsias
Proinsias
Owner Manager in Ireland
Design, Self Employed

All in One Product for the small business in need of Financial Reports and a CRM and more

Comments: I am pretty OK with software packages, but it was really easy to setup and configure. And I like the ability to customise the Quotes and Invoices. The UI and the UX is very good, and I do not feel myself using the word "Clunky"/. Also, the colours are nice and make me feel happy, even if I am doing boring stuff like accounts.

Pros:

Hi, I only really got this for the invoicing system. I am a sole trader. I had been using Wave and they and now just focusing on the US and Canada Market. Deskera came at the right time. For me it is the Quotations and the invoicing and the accounting. That alone to me is worth the cost. And I can also give access to my accountant if they need to validate my returns. I also have a Sales and Purchasing dashboard that will bring me up a level so I can better understand my business. I had applied for a bank loan, and I was asked for management accounts, and to be honest I just had a bank statement with a basic spreadsheet. This will now give me better insights into my weekly financial status. Also, I can also see my Sales funnel all in one view . Just having that for my Bank Manger will make me more professional. Also it links in with the CRM with a mailing function. Just in those two modules you can replace at least 4 to 6 separate software apps. You can communicate from the app and have a mail list. You may want to consider extra codes if you want a larger mail list. There is only one employee, me, but if I am lucky I will be able to manage part-time staff and their payroll as well as my payroll. That again is another Bonus. Hopefully there will be a Client POrtal on the roadmap but to be honest th

Cons:

I am missing a Client Portal but I am sure that will come in time. But that is something that I can manage on my wordpress site. Also, the EU GDPR compliance is nearly there, and I am sure that will happen in due course. I was listening to a seminar online and I am happy to know that they are nearly there.

Keshav
Keshav
founder in India
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

one stop solution for accounting, CRM & HR needs for any business

Comments: I have been using Zoho books for more than 2 years now and was very scared to switch.
I on a trial used deskera for almost a month and the learning curve have been awesome. I was so happy that I immediately purchased a code and also considering to upgrade it even.
This tool has a huge potential and I am still enjoying that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are active and ready to support.
I purchased it for a manufacturing business and am really loving the option and features it has. I have full faith that this product will be my one-stop solution for accounting & HR needs (payroll for now).
I wish that this product reach its full potential and we also grow with it.

Pros:

1) easy to use 2) Faster learning curve 3) Awesome community 4) phenomenal customer support 5) equipped with modern marketing and management techniques including automation. 6) ERP features are amazing 7) Best mobile app to use and access data.

Cons:

There is hardly any con as company resolves the issues so fast that it's not a con. every business has different need and software is so versatile that I adopt most of them, If few are left, then it could be a con, but team listens and finds a solution very fast.

Chua
Chua
Founder in Malaysia
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Finally, A One-App Rules All Solution For My Business!

Comments: Deskera All-In-One has been a wonderful investment I've made to ease my life. The time and cost-savings that Deskera will provide to SMEs and large companies alike would be tremendous. I highly recommend using Deskera!

Pros:

The UI is straightforward which allows people I invite onto the platform not to be confused. Deskera is really simple to use with detailed documentation and has responsive support when needed. It is truly a set once and forget platform that already has, and will continue to make my life easier with regards to customer relationship management, accounting and employee payroll management. I am also in love with the expense reporting feature which comes in handy for financial reports.

Cons:

So far nothing. Although Deskera is a revamped product under development, the team behind is very responsive and helpful.

Bei
Bei
Marketer in Singapore

Looking good!

Pros:

I hope that it'll replace a number of apps such as Waveapp, Salesflare, Nusii, and GetGist. Here's what I think: (1) I must say I'm liking the marketing portion. Though I'm on GetGist, I hope I can somehow integrate this in future, or perhaps if Deskera makes it good enough, I'll just transfer my entire email marketing over. Right now, I like that it has a few simple templates already. (2) Salesflare - I'm pretty sure this has enough potential to replace Salesflare, but I guess what Salesflare has that I like is the email workflow, which Deskera does not have yet. Not sure if it's in the pipeline. (3) Nusii - I use this a lot, and I definitely hope Deskera can develop this portion so that there's no need for me to jump from different apps, saving me lots of time. I heard that it's in the roadmap? For the accounting part, I'm quite sure it will replace Waveapp for me, as our needs are not as complicated. Overall, it doesn't look as complicated as I've imagined the platform to be, much easier than Plutio and some CRM that I've seen. Good start!

Cons:

I hope that it will implement the Proposals/Digital signature function soon, as I'm still using a separate app for this.

🙂 Oliver
🙂 Oliver
Website designer in UK
Design, Self Employed

My all in one solution... finally

Comments: As someone who has tried and failed to use Clientjoy (vastly unready for even AppSumo) and Agiled app (great but has major limitations such as unique emails for each lead 🤷‍♂️) I was warmly surprised when I bought and tried Deskera Their mobile app is something else. Amazingly useful for such an expansive solution. Also, watching the Deskera webinar was like watching a polished keynote speech at times. They know what they’re doing. It feels like I finally have a working CRM, Sales pipeline and finance all in one solution.

Pros:

Ease of use. Polished product. Not rushed. Ready for market. The teams support and drive.

Cons:

Focus on selling products is unusable for me as a web designer but I just don’t touch that stuff.

Alexander
Alexander
BDM in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

If you just took a bite of a lemon then Deskera will surely sweeten up your morning

Comments: Customer satisfaction 100%. UI 100%. Bank reconciliation for my accounts (Xero didn't have my banks) 1000%!!! Really happy :)

Pros:

Its all integrated! This really has the ability to provide a fully inclusive platform for startups. Additionally, the Appsumo pricing was an enormous help however I've seen the regular pricing and charging for admins only is the first of its kind. Really showing its priorities for startups.

Cons:

The CRM isn't quite fully featured and for now I will stick with CompanyHub. Heaps in the roadmap though so we will regularly evaluate the situation.

Chief cook and bottle washer in Australia
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Exceptional 'bang for bucks'!

Comments: In a word - faultless. I am really impressed with the dedication of the Deskera team to deliver a very affordable, very full featured, solution for small to medium businesses.

Pros:

Deskera does all and more than I need in accounting, HR and CRM software and yet is priced way below competitive alternatives. The product is already very well featured but their roadmap is full of additional functions and features that can only further improve an already strong product. Since subscribing, they have already added a number of enhancements, most interestingly for me, is their Shopify alternative. They have a FB user group where they continually interact with users in an extremely responsive manner. As an example, I asked a question and received a comprehensive response in less than 15 minutes! You can't beat that!

Cons:

So far, nothing. Sure it's a product in development (V2) but the original Deskera is close to 10 years old so these guys know what they are doing and they are clearly here to compete with the enterprise players.

Founder in France
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

All-in-one solution that you can grow from within

Comments: As the founder of a creative agency, we spend a lot of our time researching suitable software for our clients. Deskera surprised us pleasantly in that it's a potentially complete solution for our eCommerce clients based in the UK and EU, pending compliance. We normally use a mix of ShipStation, accounting software, HR software and so on but with Deskera seeing everything is in one place, we're looking at recommending it as a one-stop-all-in-one solution for our clients. We're very much looking forward for most of the pain points for UK/EU adoption to be addressed by Q1 2021.

Pros:

I liked that each app (Books, Sales/CRM and HR) launches on their own subdomain for clear focus and purpose. If they all were in a single location it would have been a very cluttered experience. Each app has more features that you would expect. I really liked that you could start out in Deskera and as you grow, even to a really large size, you wouldn't need to look for a more powerful solution as you can remain within Deskera and keep growing inside of it. This is because it covers all the basic needs of a small business, but also covers the needs of a fast-growing enterprise, providing a secure growth pathway for your business.

Cons:

The fact that they only just launched for the Western markets meant that they weren't fully compliant for most countries in the UK and Europe but they have quickly addressed this by doubling down on compliance for each country based on priority. I've been impressed with compliance uptake. The other thing I didn't like was the lack of mail tracking integrations for UK or European mail services, there wasn't any indication of when they will get added. It looks as though some of UK/EU users might have to externalise mail tracking outside of Deskera for the foreseeable future.

Tae
Principle in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Making the Switch

Comments: It covers distinct separate phases of my company and allows for the combining of different paid services. I look to continue saving on monthly expenses by having an effective and budget friendly solution.

Pros:

I love that the developer of the software is listening to the users inside their Facebook private group and implementing the suggestions and changes. Any issues that arise are handled and provided with constant updates. New features and integrations are being deployed frequently, adding value to the purchase. The features and rich enough for my purposes and provides a tremendous value for my company.

Cons:

While the software is not complex, making the transitions from decades of Quickbooks is time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import all my data and make the process a bit quicker and smoother. (Unless I overlooked this option somehow)

Ashish
CEO in India
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

All in One Platform for running my business !

Comments: As someone who runs a digital agency as well as a start-up e-commerce start-up business, I find this software very useful as a one-stop tool for all my ERP & CRM requirements.

Pros:

The following are the major pros : 1) Integration features like local tax compliance for Indian companies, multicurrency support, and a mobile-first approach 2) The UI is beautiful and easy to use 3) Their roadmap shows the tool will continue to further evolve. with more automation coming soon 3) Vibrant FB community and that their team is very proactively engaged with the same, announcing new initiatives from time to time. A case in point is the Mentorship program which is an excellent initiative and could be especially useful for small businesses and start-up entrepreneurs like me.

Cons:

1) This isn't a full-on email marketing system like the active campaign, you cannot create automation. It's more CRM. 2) CNAME option is missing at the moment. Would love to have a complete Whitelabel solution. 3)As it is a full-fledged ERP, So the learning curve for advanced features is steep 4) I wish it had a project management tool as well

Darren
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Exceptional App and set of tools

Comments: Deskera is streamlining my CRM, lead management, project management, invoicing, quotations all with a good level of accounting and monthly management which is the more important aspect for me.

Pros:

Straight forward accounting with simple integration with Paypal, Stripe, Bank accounts and Bank credit cards. Simple invoicing and payment collection processes. So affordable.

Cons:

It is not fully compliant with UK yet. But it is set to be completed by the end of January 2021.

Fred
Owner in US

Excellent Alternative To Other Well-Known Brands

Comments: Completely Satisfied

Pros:

Deskera contained most of the features that I need to manage the financial aspects of my business. UI is simple to use and tons of training is available to help through the more complex areas. The roadmap covers most of the features that are not currently available so I am pleased.

Cons:

Features I would have liked to see now: 1. Business Plan 2. Projects (on the roadmap) 3. Workflow & Process (on the roadmap) 4. Proposals (on the roadmap) 5. Shopify Integration (on the roadmap)

beta
Founder in Indonesia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Could be my home for the accounting apps.

Pros:

+ An affordable solution for (almost) complete integration, from a CRM, payroll and of course their main strength, book accounting. + They also support a lot bank integration in many countries and keep growing, and don't forget their mobile apps is one of the best out there. If you using other accounting apps, go ahead try Deskera, this could be your accounting solution at much affordable price. If you have question, do not hesitate contact their support, they are very helpful.

Cons:

- sometimes it's buggy, but if you contact the support team, they will fix it. - Lack of detailed documentation, but thankfully they have speed support teams. - Web app not as beautiful as the mobile apps. I don't say the web app GUI is ugly, not at all, but if you try their mobile app, you will know what I mean.

ceo in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

This Has So Much Potential to revolutionize my business

Comments: This Has So Much Potential to revolutionize my business I was looking for a software that could handle my business' accounting which was a huge thing that we wanted to improve this year and decided to take it for a test drive. When I saw what was really here and the huge potential with pipeline, CRM and helpdesk I was completely sold. In fact, I liked it so much I bought it for a second business we run and persuaded a friend to try Deskera as well. Thanks Deskera. This has so much potential I know it is going to revolutionize our businesses in 2021.

Pros:

I mostly liked the fact that Deskera had a help desk and included so many additional added features such as help desk, Pipeline and CRM to name a few. Not only can we do our accounting but this purchase will save us money because we can eliminate other software that Deskera will replace. Also support has been amazing to work with. Everything is very well thought out and we were amazed at how much we can do with just this one software.

Cons:

It's a new software so going through some growing pains, and was told by support that there was an issue with setting start date. Thankfully they did that before we set up so we just decided to set start date for 1/1/2021.

Ameya
Ameya
Founder in India
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Finally Something That Works for India

Comments: Overall the experience is good so far.

Pros:

Hi, I have been looking for a software for our oganization that can manage customer support, invoicing and other regular tasks. We were using Zoho for quite sometime and later the cost got unaffordable. When I discovered Deskera, it solved most problems. It is easy to use, affordable. The best thing is that is is compatible to Indian GST. I have tried many tools before switching from Zoho but none was natively compatible to Indian GST All tools either had an option to manually add all details to create a remotely good and compatible invoice as per the norms. But Deskera handles all that on its own. Also since it is cloud based, we are not restircted to one location and can work on the go even on the phone via the mobile -app Also, it comes with 3 in 1 tool. It provides Deskera Books, CRM and People. So I dont need to rely on multiple tools. I am happy that i discovered them.

Cons:

It was a little tough to switch from other product but may be that is involved in all transitions.

Joseph
CEO in US

Good Software with Incredible Potential

Comments: I've purchased and been playing with Deskera frequently for over a week. Deskera is a potentially fantastic all-in-one solution for small (possibly medium) businesses, but it is still very much in its infancy and is missing some basic functionality and seamless integration between modules. The Deskera team, thus far, has been incredibly responsive on all fronts (with one small annoying exception) - from management to programming to support and back. If Deskera pauses, focuses on deeply enhancing what it already has, then starts adding more modules/functionality, this will be the best all-in-one SMB software on the market.

Pros:

The UI/UX and basic feature set are very good. In addition and with one minor exception, their management, programmers, and support staff have been incredibly responsive

Cons:

I hate to list these as cons as the software is in its infancy, but there are some outstanding glaring weaknesses: 1. Chart of Accounts - No prefix (brand or division) or sub accounts (cost centers). 2. Very basic financial statements and no financial statement builder. 3. Does not support cash accounting but is aimed at small business. Yes, that one is a real head scratcher. 4. Modules are not tightly and seamlessly integrated 5. Current modules need refined and more depth in features before new modules are created. Please keep in mind that all of my major issues are either being addressed or will be addressed (on their roadmap) by Deskera.

Philip
Director in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Exceptional Product which will only get better

Pros:

Quite simply, in my opinion it is the best software out there for the administration of small to medium sized businesses. Includes comprehensive Bookkeeping and Accounting (Deskera Books); Payroll (Deskera People); and Deskera Sales. All modules include a mass of useful features and reports. Added to this is the number of upgrades and improvements planned in the future, which makes this a no-brainer.

Cons:

The only hesitation I had before purchasing was that it wasn't yet set up for full UK compliance but, after signing up for the free trial, and with the knowledge that UK compliance was coming shortly, I had no hesitation in purchasing

Landon
Manager in Canada
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

Early Use - Huge Upsides!

Comments: We are a new startup in Canada and I have to say that Deskera looks to be a surefire winner when it comes to the features offered in their program.

Pros:

There are so many features bunded into this software it should streamline almost all business operations related concerns with ease. Bookkeeping, CRM, inventory management, email campaigns, so so many. We are also in the Deskera FB User group and they are so active in their listening to customer feedback, providing support and constantly hosting webinars you can tell this is a company on the rise. Looking for big things from Deskera!

Cons:

As with all early use programs, they are constantly evolving so some of the features are not as polished, but I have full confidence they will improve rapidly.

Eng Peng
Director in Singapore
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2–10 Employees

It is not just an accounting system but an affordable ERP system!

Comments: Easy to use with beautify UI/UX making accounting a breeze and not a chore anymore!

Pros:

It definitely have to be the beautiful designed dashboard! Give me an overview snapshot of my business and very eye smoothing which brighten my day every time I login! Fast loading speed as well!

Cons:

Website Builder. It is really a good addon for company who do not have a website. However, this is not their core product as they are more meant for Accounting, Sales and CRM. it will be better if they can provide a contact form or Custom Opt-in Form in the website builder that link to their CRM instead of just having a newsletter opt-in form.

Kathir
Kathir
Consultant in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

THE comprehensive business management software

Pros:

There have been many similar tools in the past. Deskera stands out as an all in one software. You do not have to subscribe to 3 different services then integrate them all. Deskera does that for you! I think, this is the biggest strength of Deskera. The development and support team are very responsive and there's a lot of community support coming through. These are the ingredients for a successful software as a service.

Cons:

Nothing so far. I'm waiting for UK and GDPR compliance. This is due to arrive anytime soon in 2020 Q4!

Sagar
Growth Head in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

One of the best all in one softwares

Pros:

Its bookkeeping system is all the compliances ready for GST in India and the separate option for quotation sending is really helpful. How can I miss my most favorite feature that is the bank reconcilement. Apart from that the HRM system also serves the purpose and I use it for payroll and attendance management system now.

Cons:

Some advanced features are missing in the CRM. I would also like to get the employee attendance tracking system in the HRM. Though it's on their roadmap.

Juan
CMO in Taiwan
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Great HR and Accounting APP

Comments: I have been looking for an app to do accounting and sales pipe, and I think i have found a great option here. I have been using Xero for a while and I wanted to move away, but I felt pretty disappointed with the other options in the market. Accounting can always be a pain, so I needed something similar and easy to be used. Deskera came in the right time. So far it is really good and I am looking forward to their roadmap features.

Pros:

Easy to use HR functionalities Accounting APP Cost Effective API

Cons:

No Chinese Language I would like to see more video tutorials