• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.3 /5

About DELMIAworks

Reliable, real-time extended ERP software with lean and agile functionality developed especially for mid-market manufacturing companies

Learn more about DELMIAworks

Felipe E.
Managing Director
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

"IQMS ERP System"

Comments: Overall, I've had a very positive experience with IQMS as it helps drive the company's workflows for manufacturing.

Pros: I chose IQMS over other ERP Systems because it brought together all the company's functional areas into a single platform (Manufacturing, Finance, Quality). I also liked it was a single company with a single tech support number to deal with.

Cons: The implementation was a big project.... I wish I had been slightly more involved to prevent headaches down the road.

Brad D.
IT Administrator
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-26

"Good and bad experiences, hoping for improvements"

Comments: This is the second company I've worked for that is using EnterpriseIQ and despite the issues, I'm glad we have it and enjoy working with it and with IQMS. It's very impressive how many things it can do all under one database and one login. It makes a lot of sense for small manufacturers with limited IT support. I have high hopes that the software will continue to improve and would recommend it to others with caveats. Choosing an ERP/MRP system is a huge decision and I would recommend going well beyond the sales pitches and brochures to make your decision. Visit other customers and speak to actual users with manufacturing requirements similar to yours, if you can.

Pros: As an IT Administrator who does my best to help my company utilize the software, I can say that I actually enjoy working with the software, learning about it, and customizing it. I enjoy designing Crystal Reports, utilizing the built-in customization features like user fields and user-defined forms, and figuring out how to use and customize the various modules of the software to meet my company's unique needs.

Cons: I'd say my biggest complaint with the software is the lack of refinement. There are too many basic canned reports that were designed a decade ago seemingly only placed into the software as placeholders without much thought into what would actually be a useful report to each module. There are lots of features that seem thrown in to meet specific customer requests without enough strategic thought into how to make the feature the best it can be. One example is a CRM utility that automates the reassignment of activities to a different user. Sounds great. But the problem is, it won't work if the current owner of those activities has left the company and you deleted their account or set their termination date.
IQMS has been growing by leaps and bounds over the years, and the software I think reflects that. To their credit and to their discredit, they have been responsive to their customer's requests for new features and improvements. But the frequent changes led to things not working right. I think they were pushing out features faster than they could reliably test them and they were over their ski's for a time. For example, the HR/workforce module, in a previous version, was shockingly buggy. It seems to better now, though. New management at IQMS seems to have gotten the message about their customer's demands for higher quality and reliability. I think the jury is still out though how successful their quality push has been.
EnterpriseIQ is a good system but I wouldn't say it is intuitive in regards to MRP, scheduling, work orders, etc. I think it takes a sharp person to really dig into how everything fits together and how the multitude of switches and knobs throughout the software affects how things work. My fear, with the new ambitious management team, is that they'll push for new features and the latest buzzwords to win new customers but won't prioritize making the day-to-day workflow better and more intuitive for current users. The executives want the astronomical growth to continue, I'm sure, but slow and steady growth is probably more conducive to stable product development with growth based on word-of-mouth from people who have actually used the software every day.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-26
Danielle O.
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-29

"Delmiaworks Review"

Comments: Wonderful.

Pros: The flow and ease of using it. I feel it's very user friendly and easy to navigate through it.

Cons: The Accounting Bank Reconciliation. The worst!

• Reviewed on 2020-12-29
Jaime H.
Sales Operations Manager
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

"IQMS Review"

Pros: The software is huge and more customizable to our particular business model than competitors.

Cons: The system is huge, and it is impossible to learn it without ongoing training. Support is really a sales team for training, and consistently pushes customers in need of assistance to purchase training, in lieu of actually providing support.

Lori W.
VP Administraton
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-28

"Blown Extrusion Film Manufacturer"

Comments: It was acceptable. We had multiple IQMS implementation individuals on site during implementation due to their employee turnover - first change was at our request - employee was not knowledgeable.

Pros: Ease of use for new users and the ability to "jump" from one module to another - in multiple areas of the software.

Cons: Lack of experienced team for implementation and support. The software is not written for blown extrusion but has been somewhat adapted.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-28
Matt "griff" K.
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Industrial Automation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-09

"IQMS for what?"

Comments: This is used as a single system to manage quotes, sales orders, purchase orders, inventory management, manufacturing, etc. It is OK, but I am sure there are better systems out there.

Pros: It is good to help keep some disparate systems in one single system. This allows us to house our CRM, Inventory Management and Manufacturing tracking in one system.

Cons: There has to be a fully trained admin to run the software. We have one, which means whoever has the highest priority gets their edits, this is not always great for all team members. When there are updates it wipes out all your previous user settings.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-09
Cliff S.
Business Systems Manager
Information Technology & Services
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015-04-14

"ERP in a high mix, low volume environment"

Pros: I have been using IQMS for about 6 years now. I love the extensibility of the software. Most ERP systems have the ability to be a good fit for most of your business. The real key to success is how well they allow you to tweak and extend the software to meet your unique business requirements. IQMS excels at this. With user defined forms and reports, customizable alerts to monitor system changes, and change tracking to the field level, it provides the tools I need to handle our specific use cases. I am also very pleased with support provided. IQMS does a great job of monitoring user needs and working to improve the software. There have been a variety of new features added over the years that provide us with better ways to manager our business. Their technical support staff is also very good. They are knowledgeable and thorough when working to resolve whatever issues might arise.

Cons: Enterprise IQ was initially designed for the plastics industry. Over the years, IQMS has worked hard to add additional features for non-plastics industries, but we still run into occasions where this initial usage interferes with the way we look at manufacturing. We build very complex BOMs (hundreds of parts in dozens of sub-assemblies across up to 5 or 6 levels), and we struggle at times to manage these complex BOMs. Fortunately, the extensibility allows us to create some additional tools to fill in the gaps.

• Reviewed on 2015-04-14
Carol M.
I.S. Manager
  • Reviewed on 2012-06-15

"Integrated EDI is the key"

Comments: When we looked into purchasing IQMS back in 2003, we were using an ERP system that utilized a 3rd party translation program. I was hesitant to think that IQMS could do as good of a job handing the EDI side of the software; however, I quickly realized their EDI dept is second to none. We have confidently never looked back. Due to the tight integration we were able to reduce expediting costs as we are able to see front loads immediately; our schedule update can see the impact within minutes of updating orders and we can react quickly. If you are looking for an overall ERP package and you have EDI needs; I highly recommend you look at IQMS due to it's strong EDI translation package which is integrated into the system.

Pros: * Integration is the key - there is no finger pointing as the translator is integrated into the system. * Superior technical support - IQMS employs top notch specialists on the EDI support team. * Ease of Use - From end user's standpoint, the process of converting incoming data into a sales order is fairly simple * Flexible - when customer's data requirements suddenly change - scriptiing adjustments can be made quickly and efficiently, without long wait times * Visibility - order changes are visible as quickly as you need - we are able to see customer front loads as soon as they happen

Cons: * Set up can be complicated, depending on the customers' needs - due to the nature of EDI, setting up new trading partners are not always simple and straightforward - there is usually a tweaking phase to get the set up working correctly. While this is a con, it is also a plus because IQMS knows how their sales order module works; so they can be nimble with additional scripting adjustments, along with various switches that can manipulate the data properly. * Need transport software-We use a 3rd party software, specializing in data transmission, it offered the full range of options needed to connect to traditional mailbox providers, although IQMS has flexibility to directly connect, we utilized another part of the IQ package to directly connect to a customer, saving both sides transmission KC costs.

• Reviewed on 2012-06-15
Bill W.
Divisional IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2010-05-27

"Wide ranging, good performance, constant improvement, responsive company"

Comments: I gave implementation 3 stars, but planning will make it easier! The initial construction of your databases is critical, and will determine whether your implementation is successful or a nightmare. I strongly urge anybody considering this package to also factor in the costs of using their excellent professional services group (I will happily recommend a particular person on request) as they have an intimate knowledge of the modules, especially the GL, BOM and the numerous foundational tables that must be populated in the correct order for a smooth implentation. I wouldn't recommend attempting to implement every module initially, and the use of IQMS resources can definitely help to determine the order and timing of each module's implementation. Anticipate a LOT of training on this system - it is complex. You will NOT save money by scrimping here. Their trainers know their onions and have heard most questions before and can answer them on the spot.

Pros: IQ continues to: A) improve existing functionality, and B) Add functionality in response to customer input and new markets. This has allowed us to use the program for an injection plastics, rubber molding and a metal turning operation. Customer service is excellent, and I have heard they are working on 24/7 access. Documentation is excellent overall - if you use the help files they will normally answer most questions. Web based training was very useful and an inexpensive way to get many folks familiar with the system. Intermodule jumps are wonderful (jump from a PO to inventory, receipts, invoices, etc) and constantly amaze. The ability to create a user-defined table at most important places reduces the need to "steal" a field for another use - very innovative and less prone to "folklore" type mistakes. Tracing of transactions, such as PO changes, or customer changes to delivery requests are invaluable when attempting to see what happened and when.

Cons: We don't use the EDI, WMS (RF scanners), label printing or Time and Attendance modules because of the complexity of our needs - others do, so this is not necessarily a minus for all potential users.

• Reviewed on 2010-05-27
Peter O.
IT Manager
Plastics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-31

"IQMS Enterprise ERP"

Comments: Overall, IQMS ERP has functioned very well for us. IQMS continues to show an aggressive road map with future enhancements and capabilities. They seem to genuinely listen to feedback from their customers and try to implement the best suggestions and recommendations.

Pros: The IQMS ERP software is a well rounded and full-featured software package. Manufacturing modules are specifically designed for plastic injection manufacturing. Software has a comprehensive set of modules and covers everything from manufacturing, inventory, accounting, supply chain and human resources activities. We have found IQMS customer service and technical support to be excellent.

Cons: Some modules are a bit clunky and difficult to use. There is also a lack of an API structure to allow for customization by the customer. Use of product in a WAN environment requires use of Terminal Services and/or Citrix for client connectivity. Upgrading the software is also a cumbersome process.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-31
David F.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2012-06-27

"18 Months after Implementation"

Comments: IQMS seems to have all of the features we would want for a small/medium business. It has a great deal of flexibility, without an overabundance of complexity. The system is definately faster than the other solutions we looked at, which was one of our deciding points. Overall we are also pleased with the support we have received and their ability to regualrly implement fixes and improvements.

Pros: We implemented IQMS 18 months ago and are generally pleased with the results. We have found a way to meet virtually every goal we had and even some we did not. The person that helped us thru implentation was very knowledgeable and really worked with us to make sure we got up and running. The customer support was readily available and persistent in working thru to a solution.

Cons: While there are literally 1000's of pre-written reports available, we found very few that were of any real use to us as is. We eventually had to hire a report writer to customize virtually every report to meet our needs. In their defense, IQMS warned us of this prior to implementation, but we just expected the stock reports to be more useful and accurate. We used almost all stock reports in our prior ERP system
While the customer support was available and persistent thruout implementation, we were surprised at the lack of direct knowledge of the system. Virtually every question required research and testing. I believe a lot of this was due to our use of the assembly1 BOMS, but we have found this to be true even of the accounting questions as well.
We also found a number of features withint th esystem that appeared to be implemented to meet a specific need for a customer that was not really usable by us, such as the freight cost calculation system.

• Reviewed on 2012-06-27
Steve B.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 2010-08-25

"Operational Effectiveness with IQMS"

Comments: We are very satisfied with IQMS. We are committed to continuing to expand our usage of the system. IQMS provides more functionality than what we have learned to take advantage of. We believe it is a system that will support our planned rapid growth in business.

Pros: IQMS provides a very robust system with a high degree of flexibility. It encompasses and integrates most operational and accounting functions into a single system which is very valuable. This results in fewer user interfaces that must be supported by IT and our Supervisors. It also results in our operational functions all working from the same data base. We provide a system overview for many new customers. These customers are much, much larger than us, but they usually express that they wish they had such extensive functionality in their company's systems. The functionality that enables a user to "jump" directly from, for example, inventory item to bill of material, adds to the efficiency for users once they understand it. Design of the IQMS software allows our Production supervisors, set-up technicians and operators to use the system to monitor what presses are running using "Real-Time". They also can see if the job is running according to standards.

Cons: Because of the fullness of functionality and flexibility provided by IQMS, at times it appears overly complex to users as they first begin learning the system. It can seem a bit overwhelming. Learning to navigate wihtin the system is a key. The Help system could be stronger, but we consider this a struggle for most software packages.

Brian L.
Interim General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-12

"Great experience. Been using IQMS for over 11 years at two facilities. Highly recommend this ERP"

Comments: Ability to have real time data which allows us to make quick and decisive decisions for our business.

Pros: The ease of use. Very easy to get around and the ability to right click and jump from screen to screen let's you keep moving forward without having to close stuff out and start back up.

Cons: I would say Customer Support - Seems like we have to talk to several people before we can get things figured out. Would also like to get information about upgrades and when they're available. Supposedly, our version is like 3 versions behind, which could possibly be causing some of our issues? Would be nice to get some information on this.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-12
William N.
Director, Special Projects

"IQMS review"

Comments: Solutions. Our legacy system was excel. So moving from excel to EIQ is a GIANT step but once everyone is onboard and executing properly, it is easy to see and understand the benefits it brings. My belief is to get ' a single source of truth' and EIQ provides us with that opportunity.

Pros: It is a complete package. EIQ has the basic functionality to satisfy general requirements for most manufacturing companies. Once you understand the layout, design, and functionality of a module, the other modules become intuitive as they all look similar.

Cons: The multi language (french) is very poorly done. It is an expensive addition that is difficult to use at the same time as the english version as updates are not done at the same time.

David V.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2010-08-25

"IQ. Small company personal service, pricing and a product better than most giants."

Comments: Superb. We spent over three years looking for a ERP system that would balance manufacturing and finance requirements and be able to cope with all the challenges related to injection moulding. We chose IQ and after six years of use have not regretted that decision once.

Pros: Truly a fully integrated system that allows users with the minimum amount of training to become proficient in a very short time. The ability to jump between modules without exiting the system is lean and effective. A visible and effective tool that is tailor made to cope with all the quirks of Injection Moulding in a highly competitive environment. Users have all the information they need at their fingertips. True Real Time data direct from the shop floor in a format that is quick to review and act on. Instant and post production reporting with clear and precise data. Document control that is simple and easy to manage yet still compliant to quality standards. Its a living constantly improving system. Management encourage users to give feedback, provide the means to do so and listen to the voice of the customer. Tech support. Basically when you need it, extremely professional and at a level beyond most major software companies.

Cons: Like other systems Its only as good as the data entered. The reporting structure is Crystal Report Based. If you do not have in-house Crystal help IQMS will provide support but it is charged separately.

Upgrades and enhancements to improve the system also cause minor disruptions.

Kevin E.
Corporate Director of IT/IS

"Easy to use software"

Comments: We installed the base functionality and within two years installed Realime Process Monitoring which allowed us to eliminate a separate process monitoring software. We now have visibility of the plant floor throughout the organization.

Pros: The software is easy to use with the ability to jump to other modules within each screen. Upgrades are straight-forward and can be accomplished with in-house staff.

Cons: Releases tend to have a lot of bugs that may prevent upgrading. Be careful to test upgrades before applying to your live environment.

Kevin B.
Information Systems Manager
  • Reviewed on 2010-08-27

"IQMS Meets Our Needs"

Comments: IQMS provides us with a flexible infrastructure that lets us not only track vital information, but to truly use that information to better our business. Using IQMS, we have greater understanding of our business, leading to faster and more profitable performance.

Pros: IQMS provides information at every step of our business, from raw materials to shipped product and from prospect to repeat customer. Customizable user fields and user forms allow us to adjust the system to fit our processes, rather than the other way around. Because IQMS data resides in the well-known and well-documented Oracle database, custom reports, data-mining, and intelligent read-only extensions are a breeze. IQMS also continues to add value to our business by being very receptive to user requests for software changes, and has provided multiple upgrades to allow us to utilize more features of the software and make our processes as efficient as possible.

Cons: Updates are monolithic and, while providing great value in terms of new features, can cause unintended consequences. Due to their scope, they are difficult to fully test before implementation. The software is more focused on the plastics industry than others in the manufacturing sections and it took a lot more effort during implementation to understand and setup the software correctly.
The security administration is not the most intuitive, and needs to be reviewed after each upgrade.
User licenses are expensive and add to yearly costs.

• Reviewed on 2010-08-27
Matt P.
VP/General Manager
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-02

"IQMS for Full Service Injection Molder"

Comments: We implemented the software in 2011. We actually changed the way we operated to the best use of the software for maximum benefits. We thoroughly trained our employees before we went live.

Pros: On time delivery, product costing, production planning

Cons: The Cost for the annual maintenance of the software. Full technical is necessary due to the complexity of the software.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-02
Denise H.
Human Resource Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Reviewed on 2016-05-11

"Custom Engineered Parts Manufacturer Competes in USA Thanks to IQMS"

Pros: Our ability to accurately tie project planning, track costs, manage part quality data, gauge calibration, customer inventory, shipping management, and document control together. We are a complex engineered aluminum parts manufacturer that does not fit the mold of a typical manufacturer. IQMS has allowed us to better control the uniqueness of our custom part manufacturing.

Cons: There are a couple modules that we would like to add to our IQMS software for better integration of data, namely the Human Resource, Training, and Preventive Maintenance Modules, however they are not yet robust enough to replace our existing software. We knew this when we purchased IQMS, so there was no expectation at the time of implementation.

• Reviewed on 2016-05-11
Kevin K.
Quality/IT Director
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-01

"We couldn't run our business without it."

Pros: The software modules are seamlessly integrated. There is a robust set of modules to select from based upon the needs of your company. The support people are knowledgeable and very friendly. IQMS wants us to succeed.

Cons: The software releases tend to be buggy. Even after slowing their release process down and increasing regression testing there are still a lot of defects in their early releases.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-01
Scott G.
Director of IT
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-12

"Strong Manufacturing Floor Integration for Injection Molders"

Pros: Real Time Monitor of Work Centers Visual Display of Current Operational Status

Cons: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Uniquely setup with each customer. Should have standard packages for common EDI end customers (Ex: FCA) available as needed including labels and reports. These end customers have well defined requirements that are the same for everyone.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-12
Curt M.
Plant Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-14

"easy to use system with a great customer support team and system"

Pros: MES functionality easy to set up and use. Scheduling module easy to use, easy to move stuff around and work around constraints.

Cons: I think the reporting is a little difficult to use. They have a good base of generic reports, but customizing is difficult. It would be a lot better/simpler if there was an easy to use dynamic reporting structure within the system.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-14
Noel M.
Engineering Manager
  • Reviewed on 2010-06-07

"Top-Rated ERP Package"

Comments: IQMS is the ERP system to have, especially if you are in the plastics industry. When benchmarking against other packages, IQMS comes out far ahead of the pack. The system can be rolled out quite quickly since very little customization is required. IQMS has streamlined our operations by replacing 20+ custom apps and spreadsheets with a single integrated solution. Since implementing EnterpriseIQ we have achieved significant growth without the need for additional support staff.

Pros: - Powerful integrated software, capable of handling all aspects of the business
- Navigation is intuitive and consistent throughout all modules
- Drill down and right click jump options can be found in all modules
- Oracle database is intelligently structured and very stable
- Solid tech support and customer service
- Customer driven development
- Online community server for submissions of software change requests
- Functionality is constantly being added and improved
- Excellent help documentation and user manuals
- IT administration requirements are minimal
- Wide range of canned reports, and custom reports can be easily created using Crystal Reports
- Eplant functionality allows for multiple locations

Cons: - Security administration is difficult
- Yahoo email user group is OK, but it would be much better if replaced by an online user discussion forum
- User licenses are expensive

• Reviewed on 2010-06-07
Juliann I.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-14

"Short time user (less than 3 years)"

Comments: The customer support is usually very helpful.

Pros: It is somewhat easy to learn, and intuitive to the manufacturing process. Lots of preformed reports that are useful.

Cons: Upgrades are time consuming, and sometimes don't seem to be thoroughly tested before roll-out. Hard to get bugs fixed after roll outs occur.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-14