15 years helping Canadian businesses

About GoTo Resolve

RMM, remote support and access and ticketing functionality, making it the fastest and easiest IT management solution to deploy.

Learn more about GoTo Resolve

Pros:

Cons:

If this is you, then this product may not be that beneficial. I think anyone can learn from this program or the other end user.

GoTo Resolve ratings

4.5
4.2
4.3
4.3

8.5/10

GoTo Resolve has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 197 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoTo Resolve before?

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Romote access software by GoTo

Pros:

GoTo Resolve the work software that we rely most heavily upon. Naturally, we employ it to provide on-demand customer support. However, we also rely on it to remotely access a computer or a server when it has to be used without surveillance.

Cons:

Updating or uninstalling the previous version using the Control Panel is required before re-establishing a remote connection to a previously linked device. Recently, this issue has become increasingly challenging, and after months of attempting to rectify it, we've decided to look into other remote support software.

Alex
System Analysis in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Excellent IT support tool

Comments: Positive, GoTo Resolve has made it easy for me to provide remote assistance to users and where when I'm anywhere. I was very easily able to get it to run on my smart phone allowing me to quickly solve a IT issue at work while in the middle of a road trip.

Pros:

GoTo Resolve offers me a lot of tools to manage our company's IT resources and provide real time support to our users. Having information such as what operating system a computer is running, who is currently logged in, and what the computers resource usage is on my control panel has been a great help in providing support.

Cons:

The two biggest issues I've encountered is GoTo Resolve is a bit more resource hungry when providing remote support compared to other remote desktop solutions. Some of our older machines run extremely slowly when I'm using it to remote in. Additionally if the GoTo Resolve client on a machine decides to stop it can be a pain instructing a user how to restart it and is usually easier to tell them to reset the entire machine. The GoTo Resolve client handles users changing poorly which is usually when the client crashes.

jake
Program support in Singapore
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Unsatisfied with the software performance

Comments: I would rate it an 8 out of 10. As someone familiar with IT services, I understand that no software is perfect and there may always be bugs that require fixing.

Pros:

After successfully saving our client's computer on GTR, we gained convenient remote access and deeper control. Now, we can use the command prompt without needing the client's cooperation.

Cons:

Saving and installing files on a client's computer can sometimes be challenging. Occasionally, the installation may not work, while other times it will function properly.

Mike
IT Administrator in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Decent product, lots of bugs, support non-existent

Comments: It's been messy, this is the 3rd time we have tried GoTo Resolve. First time failed, support couldn't get us past step 1 on ticket system, so we canceled. Second time was a free trial that went south. This is the third try and we paid for it in March and still don't have it up and running yet. Takes way too long to setup, you're on your own as support is useless, so it's better than GoTo Assist, but not as good as others like Ninja but it's way cheaper than some others so you get what you pay for.

Pros:

I like what was described to us as a selling point, ticket system, integrated with Teams, inventory management, ease of use, etc.

Cons:

It's a task getting it implemented, we have a free trial account that cannot be deleted so we cannot contact support and open a ticket as it wants us to pay even though we have paid several thousand dollars up front for the year. It's not easy to configure, the ticket system is iffy at best and they don't even know how to help you configure it themselves.

Manuel
Helpdesk Coordinator in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

GoToResolve will give your team the leverage and flexibility all IT teams need

Comments: I am very pleased with the product, and hope to continue using it. My team has adapted to its capabilities, and many of us feel its the right tool for us to have. This day and age, a secure remote software is a necessity for any growing IT team.

Pros:

I first came across this product when we were shopping for a more secure and budget friendly solution, in order to provide remote tech support for our student body and employees. GoToResolve has been a phenomenal tool and our technicians say its very user friendly and fluid.

Cons:

One thing that I did not like, is its ticket system. I manage our current platform (Freshdesk) and have been looking for alternatives. I really hoped GoToResolve would fit all of our needs, because I would love an "All in one" solution. Perhaps in the future they may bring a more robust ticket system.

Steve
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Migration from GoToAssist

Pros:

The file transfer option is a bit more intuitive than GoToAssist (GTA), and the amount of information presented about the remote system is quite helpful. With the new Patch Management screen we can see what remote systems require updates easily (though we don't install them via GoToResolve).

Cons:

Certain areas of the system do not work consistently, such as Alt-TAB, when connected remotely. Several features which were in GTA are not present within the product, such as Group Name in reporting download, ability to install during an Attended Session, option to remotely power on a PC (though this was intermittent with GTA). We have also found that the product is not as stable as GTA and often times out a session or fails to connect, for no reason. The process for a user to download and install an Attended Session is not as intuitive and simple as GTA. The inability to allow multiple support staff to join the same Unattended Session.

IT Server Support Specialist in US
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best remote support app

Comments: We use this to remote in to users workstations in our remote locations to support them. It is easy to use, send them a text, email or Teams message and boom connected and issues solved.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. Simply send a link to your user in need and go. It is easy to elevate credentials and the unattended support is awesome

Cons:

The only downside I see is the limited phone support capabilities. That is more of an issue with apple being greedy then the software as android support is awesome

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

GotoAssist makes our job a lot better and convenient

Comments: Overall I'm very satisfied using this app. This helps us a lot when dealing with urgent issues on clients computer. App has also a lot of features that greatly benefits us

Pros:

This remote tool can perform multiple tasks, that's why this is very convenient tool for me specially in IT support dealing with many devices

Cons:

Just a little things needs to improve. On my case, I'm using android application of GotoAssist as well, sometimes when switching back to home screen of phone, GoToAssist app tends to automatically logout.

Ryan
Systems Administrator in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Solid product heading in the right direction

Pros:

I like the ease of use of the product. It is easy to guide end users to get connected. The support tool works great and I like the mobile remote support tool as well.

Cons:

The pre installed version of GoTo Resolve does not always work and sometimes I have to start a manual session rather than just click and start a session to the PC I need to connect to.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

GoTo Resolve Review

Comments: The software offered a comprehensive ticketing and incident management solution that streamlined support processes. The customizable ticket fields and workflows allowed for adapting the system to specific business requirements, improving efficiency and productivity. The integration with knowledge base articles facilitated quick access to relevant information, enabling efficient issue resolution. While the reporting and analytics options were somewhat limited, the software provided a solid foundation for tracking and managing support tickets.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about GoTo Resolve was its robust ticketing system and incident management capabilities. The software provided a centralized platform to track and prioritize support tickets efficiently. The ability to customize ticket fields and workflows allowed for tailoring the system to specific business needs. Additionally, the integration with knowledge base articles and documentation made it easy to access relevant information and provide quick resolutions to customer issues. The collaboration features, such as internal notes and assignment tracking, further enhanced team productivity and communication.

Cons:

One aspect I liked least was the limited reporting and analytics options. Although the software provided basic reporting functionalities, there were certain instances where more advanced analytics and visualizations would have been beneficial. Having more flexibility in generating custom reports and gaining deeper insights into ticket trends, agent performance, and customer satisfaction metrics would have added value to the overall experience. More robust reporting capabilities would have enabled better decision-making and continuous improvement of support operations.

Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer in US
Media Production, 51–200 Employees

Remote Assistance Tool with the most features

Comments: Remote sessions have been crucial for us as an IT team. I typically like to use GoToAssist over other options I have available because most of the time it just works great. On the times that I try to use another product, as often as not, I end up telling the user to hold on while I switch the session over to GoToAssist. It's been extremely valuable during the pandemic when all of the end-user help I do is remote.

Pros:

Whether during normal times or pandemic times, our IT department has to do a lot of remote sessions to help our end users. I've used a number of other products for this but GoToAssist has the most features and consistently works the best. The fact that you can easily hop on with someone that has the agent installed or direct them to a site to download it if they don't is great. The fact that you can work with a user and the session will almost always stay connected, even if the machine is rebooted, is crucial when you're working in an IT capacity. There are very few limitations when it comes to being able to control everything whereas many other products won't let you control many of the system components of Windows. I also love features like changing between multiple screens the user may have and file transferring.

Cons:

The agent doesn't always install properly and it can be a little difficult to push out to many users sometimes. Recently there have been some issues with devices duplicating in the console for seemingly no reason.

Computer Networking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GoTo the Rescue!

Comments: It makes remote access and support so easy, that it really comes down to being the most important software in my business. Without RescueAssist, I wouldn't be able to do my job sufficiently, and this just makes it that much easier.

Pros:

The ease of use it what truly makes this a must have software for any remote support. Being able to have a single exe file to load on the fly, provide a session code and then have full remote control for support is what keeps my customers happy. Without a reliable, easy to use software like RescueAssist, I wouldn't have a job.

Cons:

With the newest OSX, unfortunately the user has to go into their security preferences and allow control of their computer. By default this is disabled so the first time the user will have to unlock the security settings and enable it.

Seth
Senior IT in US
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GoToAssit Great Tool, Expensive

Pros:

It's ease of user was great, I really enjoyed using it.

Cons:

It was very expensive. when they raised our bill for a consecutive year in a row it was time to leave.

Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

Good app for remote support

Comments: Overall, it is a good experience, it works for what it was created, but it has a room for improvement to raise the customer experience and the user experience as well.

Pros:

It works perfectly for the purpose created, supporting the customers remotely. One of the main things I like is when you restart the customer's computer, this tool let you stay connected when the computer boot up again.

Cons:

Sometimes the connection is not so stable. This is an app that must be installed in customer's computer and insert password. With other similar tools goes smoother because there are web app options with no passwords whatsover.

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
Developer in Nigeria
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Our clients love GoToAssist.

Pros:

Gotoassist simplifies the process of remotely communication between my organization and our clients and even between the team at work. I am able to screen share with my colleagues at the workplace, comment on files and documents remotely. I see this tool as a better alternative to Google doc. It is easy to setup and install ,and interestingly a lot of our clients have come to accept this tool courtesy our recommendation.

Cons:

Requires a fast internet network connection to function quickly and from experience every remote communication tool requires same too.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Learning Curve but Stable Product

Pros:

We heavily use this product on a day to day basis, and I have to say, it's very stable. I can count on it to work every time, which is very important when we are trying to get on an angry client's screen. The unattended access feature is easy to set up and easy to access.

Cons:

It's weird but there is no clear way to log on and off the desktop application. When setting up a new user and testing their account I had to cancel the tool multiple times from the task manager to get a login screen. The learning curve is a little high, takes a little bit of time to get use to the features and how to use them. I also wish more than one person can enter an unattended session from the unattended access point.

Carmine
Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Overpriced, Mostly Reliable

Comments: I have had this software for quite a few years now. Super easy to deploy, generally user friendly, and at times useful. But, compared to almost every other solution, it is way over priced and way over commoditized. You can tell that you are just another number to them, to extract as much money as possible from. Each year, i get less features, but pay the same amount and then they try to sell me back the feature at a higher price.

Pros:

Ease of deployment to end user PCs via an EXE or MSI.

Cons:

It's lack of stability, lack of value, and that they just don't care about you.

Manny
Manny
Network Administrator in US

Great remote access software.

Comments: Simple setup for you and the consumer. In just a few minutes you get computer access.

Pros:

Make's remote support simple to use. Clients get a keycode to install software and you are in and out.

Cons:

The software was buggy at times and couldn't connect and the computer was on trying to get remote support. Pricing very steep when compared to other companies who do the same thing and have the same features and services. When compared to other companies it's still has a lot more work to do to be charging what they charge.

Consultant in Australia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Simple footprint, Trusted Citrix platform. Easy for customers.

Comments: This has my recommendation because of the overall quality, like i mentioned before it has a super small footprint for client, and they do not need any real technical knowledge to initiate the support. I have tried with some of my own family, you know that computer illiterate aunty we all have. Yes, even her found going to a website address straight forward enough. Speed and technical infrastructure of this platform keeps me an avid user.

Pros:

I love the easy way you can initiate support with a client, just by pointing the to the simple www.fastsupport.com website. Nothing more they need to do and you can be, screen sharing, full control or even file sharing for troubleshooting and remote desktop. There is even an unattended support and the ability to run multiple instances simultaneously form a technician perspective. I have always used this infrastructure and as a customer focused business, this is professional and great value.

Cons:

There are many competing products, so some clients don't like to have multiple remote desktop software installed for their personal needs, then their professional outsourcing. The only thing this is missing is some form of VoIP in the basic plans.

We use this for 35 users and we love it. It looks a bit outdated but works well.

Pros:

I love being able to add unattended access to all the computers within our organization. It saves us a lot of travel time being able to remote into a machine and fix an issue versus traveling onsite to do a basic repair.

Cons:

I use the Mac version mostly and it is lagging far behind the look and feel of the Windows version. They should absolutely upgrade it.

Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

GoToAssist was great at one point, but there are more inexpensive options

Comments: The product itself works well, easy to use, reliable, but the cost is just too high to keep using it. Especially when their are alternatives out there that have the same functionality but are cheaper.

Pros:

When we were using GoToAssist, up to a couple years ago, it was the pinnacle of remote support - you can quickly start a session with a person who had limited technical ability and quickly help them out.

Cons:

The cost - GoToAssist started out relatively inexpensive, but then renewal after renewal the subscription prices grew. Citrix originally owned them, I believe, that's who we were paying at the beginning, and then it was spun off to LogMeIn - and that's when the subscription prices really started to rise.

Nimesh
Network Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Don't like Goto Resolve

Comments: poor

Pros:

reporting.

Cons:

very slow and there are times program can not find asset

SHERRI
OWNER in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

CITRIX GO TO ASSIST

Comments: I have been using this product for about a year. When it works it is very user-friendly and we use it many times a week, sometimes daily. I use the product to connect to my retail store and office computer from my laptop when traveling and/or away from the business. It tends to lose its connection for no particular reason, not often but seemingly at the worst time. I would recommend it regardless of this issue - it is a bit pricey for 1 PC connection

Pros:

Easy to use and navigate - immediate connections with a click - ability to transfer files

Cons:

Connection fails sometimes - pricey

DEREK
OFFICE MANAGER in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

I use when I need tech support and to allow secure remote access

Comments: Secure help from different techs from many different programs. It assist with long term learning for me to better run my clinic

Pros:

Software allows for tech support to remote into my computer or server and address issues over a secure connection. It is only a temporary download, so with that it helps to minimize any security threats. I am able to watch and work with techs this way and even learn how to fix things myself long term

Cons:

The only thing that can be liked least about this software is that you have to take the extra few minutes to download it each time. That being said it's 100% necessary for security which definitely comes first

Karrie
Canada
Computer Software

GoToAssist convenient for connecting to users, and servers.

Pros:

I've used this product working at many companies. It's a quick time-saving way to connect to customers computers and resolve issues quickly. You can have a list of customers if you need to reconnect or use only a one-time connection with no saved option to reconnect. I can take care of more issues using this tool than any other remote connection tool. I like the one time use of the product or saving connections to use in the future.

Cons:

Pricing is what I like least about GoToAssist. That is the only thing I like least about this product. Everything else about this product works great and I've never had problems or confusion from customers connecting to the product.