15 years helping Canadian businesses

Microsoft Forms Reviews

About Microsoft Forms

A cloud-based data collection application that helps organizations collect feedback information in real-time through forms and surveys.

Learn more about Microsoft Forms

Pros:

MS Forms is easy to pick up and use by any user and will suffice for most use-cases. Included in most MS 365 subscriptions.

Cons:

However apart from the tremendous efforts and features the software has limited integrations with other third-party applications, which may limit its functionality.

Microsoft Forms ratings

4.6
4.3
4.3
4.7

8.6/10

Microsoft Forms has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 136 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Forms before?

Samantha
Samantha
Owner in UK
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Brilliant Way To Capture Data For Free

Comments: It helps me to collect data really easily and quickly, and saves faffing around with paper forms and scanning documents.

Pros:

I love that it's free to use (up to 200 replies, but then I just create a duplicate one to gather more). I can customise it too to make it look really professional.

Cons:

The fact that there's a limit to the amount of responses, and limitations to the customisation of the fields.

Ben
Ben
Instructor in Journalism in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Use Microsoft 365? You need to be using this instead of Google Forms

Pros:

This is an absolute hidden gem of Microsoft 365 for me, and something I wish more people knew about. If your organization is a 365-based org, then Microsoft Forms is basically everything you would ever need Google Forms to me, with the added benefits of direct integration with 365 and the security that comes with it. It's not going to supplant Qualtrics or anything that needs to be extremely robust, but it is amazing for spinning up one-off forms that used to have to live outside your organization in Google.

Cons:

As mentioned, the forms you can make with this are currently not the most complex, and design options are likewise limited. I would prefer if there were more customization options for design, specifially.

Mariella
Writer in Qatar
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Easiest Survey Builder

5.0 last week New

Comments: It is a great alternative to other survey form makers or builder since it is so easy to use and there is no need to go through complicated steps in order to build a survey.

Pros:

I appreciate the efficiency of Microsoft Forms, along with its straightforward functions. You don't need to be tech-savvy to be able to navigate through the software because it is also beginner-friendly.

Cons:

I have none so far because I was able to use it just recently and I could only wish that I discovered it sooner rather than later.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Can be better...

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The only good thing about it is its integration with MS Office tools. The fact that it's UI is seamless integrated is a benefit in corporate environments, as well as the integration with Microsoft accounts and AD/SSO in use in most companies.

Cons:

Compared to other competitors, it lacks many features as a survey tool. It is also difficult if not impossible to have truly anonymous responses. Also, its reporting capabilities are way behind the competition in terms of filters and UI/graphics.

Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Walking in the light

Comments: Impressive and life changing experience.

Pros:

User-friendly and time saving tool for professionals.

Cons:

Inability to open a new window while opening the current one.

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Forms opinion.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall Microsoft Forms is an excellent app, it comes packet in Microsoft Office 365.

Pros:

For a while I didn`t knew I had Microsoft Forms in the office 365 Package I used everyday. This is like a powerful add-on to a service I already use. The way you can customize makes Forms a powerful data collection on customers or even team. Getting the reports is very easy.

Cons:

No cons for Microsoft Forms, already using other apps from M365, I consider Forms as a free addon.

Liam
CMO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Good forms

5.0 last month New

Comments: Microsoft Forms is a great app if you want to make surveys or polls. Is is simple to use and get reports on.

Pros:

I am using Microsoft Forms mostly for surveying and pools inside the company. Beeing an addition to the Microsoft pack I can say I enjoy this app as is free to use. It is easy to use and intuitive, you can get the survey done wright from the first try.

Cons:

There are no cons for Microsoft Forms, it works as it should be.

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The Google Forms alternative for M365 organizations

5.0 last month New

Pros:

With Microsoft Forms, it is very simple to setup and get a form sent out quickly. You can limit which users can respond to your form and make QR-codes directly inside Microsoft Forms.

Cons:

It is even more basic than Google Forms, only allowing a few different question types. You also have to download the spreadsheet every time instead of just syncing it with a spreadsheet in most cases.

Dominique
IT Support in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

MS Forms for survey or questionnaire

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use across-the-board within an organization.

Cons:

Must have an 0365 account in order to use it.

Mohammed
Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Decent software

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The software is decent and has basic features. It matches that of its competitors

Cons:

It doesn't really stand out to me in any way compared to the likes of Google forms and such.

Amr
Instructional Designer. in Egypt
Higher Education Software, 11–50 Employees

Multi-purpose Communication Forms.

Comments: As an Instructional Designer/Data analyst, I use Microsoft Forms in many situations, but mainly two common scenarios work well for me: 1) Creating formative assessment quizzes within learning modules and online courses. 2) Using forms as a data input source in a basic learning analysis workflow. I create quizzes, feedback forms, and surveys. Then I pass the forms' responses to Microsoft Excel Online and connect Excel online to Microsoft Power Bi.

Pros:

Microsoft forms application is easy to use and has many features that suit a wide range of use cases. It has various question types, design themes, sharing options, and response analytics. Also, it is accessible for users with visual disabilities as it has Microsoft Immersive reader built-in. The Forms settings allow admins to control who can access the form and specify when published ones are accepting responses. It's highly customizable and seamlessly integrates with Office 365 and the commonly used third-party applications/platforms. It is a reliable solution for surveys, polls, feedback, quizzes, and business communications.

Cons:

I can't see the downsides of Microsoft Forms. I think it's one of the most efficient applications of Microsoft 365.

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Easy way to make surveys and build forms

Comments: Overall great experience. Easy to use, has a lot of beneficial features which save time. 10/10 would recommend. If you are someone looking to make quick questionnaires or surveys, Microsoft Forms is the way to go!

Pros:

My favourite features of Microsoft Forms is the easy use, templates, and the various features function. Microsoft Forms is incredibly user friendly. When I first got my Microsoft account and learned to use Forms, everything was pretty much self explanatory. There were a couple of things that I needed to play around with but once I figured out, I really enjoyed using Microsoft Forms because of its simplicity. Secondly, Microsoft Forms has many templates a user can choose from depending on the occasion. This makes it convenient for me as I don't have to create a form from scratch, I can work off a pre-made template which is time saving. Lastly, you can add questions in various styles such as for the user to respond by uploading a picture file or through a ranking system or short/long answer text boxes. Every time I make forms I always use Microsoft Forms as it saves me time and is easy to make a well made form.

Cons:

I don't really have any negative to say. One suggestion could be for Microsoft to add more template options. I really enjoy using Microsoft Forms.

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Forms with Microsoft Forms

Comments: Microsoft Forms give you space to create forms and surveys, it helps you really important features.

Pros:

Microsoft Forms is essential tool to create forms and surveys, it is really important to create with it.

Cons:

Microsoft Forms is quite slow when you are working but it gives important features.

Whitney
Instructor in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

There's a form for that!

Comments: Overall, our company runs better because of this software!

Pros:

We use this software for so many things. Time off requests, administrating student exams, pop-quizzes, surveys for feedback, attendance warnings, requests for tutoring, orientation forms, and more. It can be customized to fit any need.

Cons:

The ability to lock or protect a form from being edited after creation would be a huge improvement on the software. We often find that forms are unintentionally changed because we have several users who have access to the same forms.

Simone
Teacher in Australia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

An easy and accessible survey and quiz creator

Comments: It has been a great tool to use with both staff and students - its ease of use and accessibility has made it a regular in most teacher's Microsoft toolbag.

Pros:

It can be used to create surveys, as well as quizzes, which means I can use it to collect data on student feedback, but also use it to create tests and quizzes to use to check for learning. Also - it easily embeds in Microsoft Teams, OneNote and PowerPoint.

Cons:

Overall it is difficult to pinpoint something I like 'least' - however, the Likert scale is not as customizable as I would like.

Charles Angelo
quality analyst in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

microsoft forms review

Pros:

Microsoft forms is user friendly. It offers a wide variety of features that help companies to be efficient in their daily task. I love how you can download file in excel format so you can do your reports much easier.

Cons:

None at all. It is an amazing tool to use.

Holly
Co-founder in Türkiye
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Very powerful form builder

Comments: It's integrated with other Microsoft products, so users can easily use it to collect and analyze the data. I strongly recommend it to anyone seeking a powerful form builder.

Pros:

Microsoft Forms is a fantastic tool for easily creating forms within minutes. All departments in my company primarily use MS Forms to collect process data by creating and utilizing the forms. I like that I can export my responses to Excel for further analysis.

Cons:

There could be more ways to share surveys. Another thing that I don't like is that there is no way to customize the appearance of the forms very much.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Forms review

Comments: Overall its a good tool but market has many better options

Pros:

Easy to use . It is integrated with mostly all Microsoft tools .

Cons:

Compatibility issues. And it has some security concerns.it has some limited features and its a problem.

Insurance Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Mostly easy to use but has a few complicated features

Comments: Overall, it's a function I use fairly regularly and if you get the hang of it, can make your workday simpler!

Pros:

It's fairly easy to set up a form using Microsoft Forms. Especially if you are creating a simple short survey. It's user friendly and I feel even a novice could create a form.

Cons:

I don't like the feature that lets you rearrange the order of the fields. It's not as simple as drag and drop, even though at first glance it looks as though it is.

Akshat
Software Developer in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Survey Analyzer for Beginners

Comments: Overall experience is good, Price for the product is a bit high.

Pros:

It is a great platform for beginners, as it is very easy to learn and generate various forms for different purposes.

Cons:

They can include more color options as well as templates for the form. Rest all is good.

Noe
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Experience

Comments: My overall experience is great. Simple to use. You can change the language and share fast.

Pros:

Microsoft Forms is easy to use. It links through my work email. You can you choose a theme and design different surveys. I love that it tracks how long the survey took to do and gives options for survey design.

Cons:

Over no issues. You need to be logged in to the mail to use it.

Elsa
Assistant Director in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

MS Forms is good for new users

Pros:

It’s a great platform for new users and those who just need to ask basic questions. It also helps if you already use Microsoft products.

Cons:

Forms only had several types of questions and not very customizable.

Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

My own Microsoft Form experience.

Pros:

I like its password-protect options for surveys. As a result of this feature, we have been able to ensure that only invited respondents for our surveys are able to respond to them. Also, the existing default integration between Excel and Microsoft Forms, makes it so straightforward and convenient to export our survey results into Excel spreadsheets for data visualization and analysis purposes.

Cons:

Microsoft forms has limited distribution options. Also, there is presently no option to add images to our surveys.

Faten
Teacher in Qatar
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Forms review

Pros:

Creating summary link, download responses, adding videos or images to the question

Cons:

I can't add pictures as a question options, I can't add rich text in question part

matt
Accounts assistant in UK
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Microsoft forms - Review

Pros:

Very easy to use for someone new to setting up surveys and polls. Allows an easy way to send to multiple users to fill out. Very simple and easy layout.

Cons:

Has limited range of customisation, things like themes and specific pictures.