About LiveAgent

Start for Free with LiveAgent and provide excellent customer service with the ultimate help desk solution for companies of all sizes.

Learn more about LiveAgent

Pros:

Liveagent puts Facebook or email in one inbox. This is a very good software that helps both customers and agents.

Cons:

Nothing so far, still looking for something to complain about.

LiveAgent ratings

4.5
4.7
4.6
4.7

8.9/10

LiveAgent has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,209 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LiveAgent before?

Filter reviews (1,209)

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

LiveAgent is professional for agent and customer

Comments: It's excellent that customers may leave a note or utilize the knowledgebase to solve issues when agents are unavailable (for example, outside of business hours). It's great that many people may work on a ticket at once, and we can all see who's working on what and how they've responded.

Pros:

Just do it! Superb assistance, interesting and expertly presented content, and a thoroughly professional demeanor throughout. Because of how user-friendly it is for salespeople and consumers alike, our business has no plans to switch providers. Many customers have been helped by a live person who answered their concerns or resolved their issues immediately, eliminating the need for them to wait on hold.

Cons:

It's not like I love the pause button or anything. I'd rather have the option of setting an away status that sends a busy signal to the customer while I take a quick break for whatever reason (comfort, food, etc.). However, the IT assistance is excellent, and while I agree that some features, like scheduling store hours, are overly difficult, I appreciate the effort.

6 months ago

Hello Sarah, thank you very much for your amazing review! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and we are thrilled to see you satisfied with our solution not planning to switch to any other provider. Feel free to send us more details about how exactly you imagine the feature of setting an away status via chats on our website and we will be happy to report it to our developers for our future improvement. Until then, you can put yourself on pause at any time so that no chats/calls would ring to you and your colleagues could also see that you are currently on a pause. You can also reach us via email at [email protected] at any time! :)

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great customer service and simple ticketing software

Comments: If you are thinking about using LiveAgent, one piece of advise I can give you is to spend some time figuring out how to use the tools that it provides. For some of them, it isn't exactly obvious how to do it, but if you put in the effort to figure it out, you'll find that the service is more than worth it.

Pros:

I really like the platform, since it is really simple to operate and I can thus practice my customer support agents on it. The platform has a wide variety of appealing features, some of which are detailed in the following list: The ability to share a mailbox, improved lead capture and engagement, heightened efficiency, outstanding value for the money, and a great deal of additional benefits are also included.

Cons:

Only the most expensive tier, which often comes with numerous features and options that you might not want, offers a link to social media; however, if you wish to add any of these features à la carte, doing so will be expensive on its own.

6 months ago

Hello Shayla! Thank you very much for giving us 5-stars :) We are always glad to see that LiveAgent is helping our customers save time, increase productivity and manage their customer communications better. For any inquiry regarding functions or integrations that might further improve your experience, feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support. - LiveAgent Team

Dave
Dave
President in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Excellent Support for My Customers With Room to Grow

Comments: This a significant improvement over our previous help desk application. I am able to track and quickly resolve all customer issues. It just works the way it should. Our previous vendor kept changing elements of the software interface which only served to slow down our work because we had to learn how the interface was changing.

Pros:

Easy to set-up and manage. Provides all my support requirements in a simple to track dashboard of customer touch points.

Cons:

I have had occasional issues with email notifications stopping. Rare and quickly resolved with tech support in all cases.

Alternatives Considered: SherpaDesk and Spiceworks

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: Better features in Live Agent. Room to expand. And we were frustrated with Teamviewer getting in our way more times that necessary.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: Price and features

9 months ago

Hi Dave! Happy to see LiveAgent is an improvement for resolving your customer service issues :) - LiveAgent Team

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy and helpful tool only for live chat services or live customer support

Comments: Even with lots of features bad support system might make this application little annoying. Overall Liveagent is easy to use helpdesk that tracks everything in real time. Comparably affordable, easy to deploy and if they add custom support email for every agent then this tool is best in class.

Pros:

Lots of helpful features among which one that helps SEO of our website. I have heard lot from other companions about this brand and that made me recommend this to my team. Its again easy to deploy tool like many of the new tools but you don't need to entirely change your website structure code to implement this and that inclined us towards LiveAgent. One more thing that highlighted while we I was on trial that it had a video chatting service that definitely solved many internal issues with customers.

Cons:

LiveAgent should work on their interface as its not much easy for non technical person. Lots of other application even if they lack features but they are easy to use. Their support hangs many times and I need to wait half or 1 hour to get a support from their team regarding any issues and that's sometimes annoying.

Alternatives Considered: tawk.to

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: Tawk.to is basic chat tool and had lots of bugs in their initial release. I got reviews from my other companions about live agent and I have started using it and comparably liveagent was much better than tawk.to.

10 months ago

Hello Nitin! Thank you for your review. We're glad to see that you are happy with the product. As for our Customer Service, it is very unusual that you will be waiting for that long. Could you please share with us your ticket number on [email protected] and we'll look into it. - LiveAgent Team

Alfredo
Alfredo
Director in Panama

Huge platform with many possibilties.

Comments: I have been using LiveAgent for a couple years and find it an excellent choice, you will be able to easily keep tabs on clients. If you work with a team it brings many gamification badges and all kinds of professional ticket routing features. It also includes many reporting features which are important to keep tabs on how your team and clients are working. LiveAgent also includes many automation possibilities through both no-code SaaS such as Zapier and their own API/Webhooks and Rules automations.

Pros:

I mostly use LiveAgent to keep email tickets for my support contracts. However I can see the huge potential it brings as a full-fledged, omni-channel helpdesk platform. LiveAgent will let you pick and choose which features you use. For example, you can use their live-chat widgets, or you can connect a voice ip line to take calls. It can even handle contact forms. In any case, client information will be readily available for a better support experience.

Cons:

As functional as the web platform is, they are a bit stagnant on modern working life. For example, logging into two browsers will close the session on one side, and their mobile App on iOS doesn't send notifications if you are AFK on your computer. The app is not very friendly. Knowledge base pricing seems a bit high for what I believe is a very simple feature.

2 years ago

Hi Alfredo :) thanks a lot for your kind and honest feedback! We are thrilled to have you with us. We want to be the best on the market and our team is taking notes of any suggestions for improvement via chats on our website or via email at [email protected]

Shelby
Customer Service Manager & Internal Operations Manager in Switzerland

Great Product and Great Customer Service

Comments: I've been pleased by both the product and the customer service!

Pros:

While there are a number of features to praise, a select few have been most beneficial to the company. Having the ability to transfer tickets or chats has proven useful when we are working with a customer who has a specific type of inquiry - perhaps a sales question or an employment request. We’ve found it helpful to have the ability to transfer the chat to the online agent best equipped to answer the inquiry so we are able to serve our customers to the highest standard and with an immediate response. We also find being able to add notes and labels to previous chats and tickets incredibly helpful in data collection and also in our ability to work as a dynamic team. By being able to sort our chats and tickets into an organized system that our company created, we can work cohesively to review old conversations for continuity, opportunities for growth, and with transparency between departments.

Cons:

A minor aspect of LiveAgent that could be modified to increase its ease and use as the online agent is the sound feature. When an agent is chatting with a customer in live time, it's ideal to have a noise generated whenever the guest writes a message. This allows the agent to be chatting with multiple people simultaneously and respond when each guest replies. LiveAgent has this feature, and it is in fact very helpful. However, each time the guest clicks on a new page within the website, LiveAgent processes it as a message, and it makes a noise. It is a feature that, if fixed, would enhance the product even more.

3 years ago

Many thanks for your amazing feedback, Shelby! :) It means a lot to us and it makes us extremely delighted to hear that you find LiveAgent and our customer support great! I am also very glad that you are using all the features you mentioned! I personally love chat transferring as well because I can always get a hold of someone who can help and answer the customer's queries in case the chat got to the wrong department! Feel free to shoot us with any suggestions on improvements at [email protected]!

Frederico
Head of Customer Service in Latvia
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Great cooperation with Liveagent

Comments: So far it is great!
I am looking forward to new features such as Whatsapp, Chatbot and Call rotation, and, I am sure we will improve our usage of the software even better.
Keep doing the great job you are doing!

Pros:

I like that Liveagent provides such close support to our team, never leaving our agents without a reply. Also, they care about the customers and provide close interaction with us.

Cons:

It is not that easy when different departments are integrated into the platform, and, it requires some time to set up all the functionalities, so they are not colliding

Alternatives Considered: LiveChat and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: The range of features offered by Live agent, as well as the organization provided, the pricing, and, the connection of the Call center as well.

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: They had a great price quality indicators in most of the review websites. In addition to that, I had a very friendly key account manager, which was always ready to provide answer to my questions

3 years ago

Hi Frederico, Thank you very much for such an excellent review. We are so pleased that LiveAgent continues to be the right fit for you and your company after more than two years! Our team is happy to hear you have been satisfied with the support and that we have been able to take care of any issues along the way. Stay tuned for more updates coming your way to make LiveAgent even better. Happy to have you on board!

Sebastián
Sebastián
CEO in Uruguay
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees

How did a Uruguayan start up decide to hire LiveAgent?

Pros:

Since we started with MeVuelo we always knew that our central strategy would be to put the user at the center of our processes and decisions, seeking to provide a personalized service for each of our travelers. As a result of this, we began to do research on what tools were available on the market and which could be useful to us. We needed something that centralized all communication channels and had CRM components to be able to provide the service we wanted. Our main challenge, as a start up, was costs. Most of the tools we knew were very expensive, limiting access to functionality and generating long-term commitments that we did not want. In the research stage we approached many softwares, but we always ran into some problem: the telephone lines could not be connected because in our markets the technology is very old, or online chatting had a separate cost, or it was not friendly interfaces for users etc. When we found LiveAgent we made several video calls with their representatives, generating instances of questions and answers about how we could apply the software to our business. They always understood our need very well and we were totally convinced and finally started testing ourselves with the 14 days of free trials. In that time, we diagrammed how we should configure the system to adapt perfectly to our different departments so that, once we implemented it to the rest of the team, it would be a matter of hours to be working and, best of all, without having genera

Cons:

I pondered this answer for several minutes, thinking about what the cons might be in LiveAgent and I didn't find any worth mentioning. It doesn't usually happen to me. So far, software is a key strategic partner for our company and we have only found solutions. Throughout the organization we are very happy with the value that LiveAgent brings us.

3 years ago

Thank you very much for your complex and kind review, Sebastian! We appreciate it a lot and we are very thrilled to hear that you chose LiveAgent after doing your research! We make sure that LiveAgent is available and affordable to any kind and size of a business and we certainly do not want to tie down our clients, therefore the billing system works on a monthly basis, even the billing itself is very flexible as you can upgrade and downgrade the plan whenever in a month you need and you can also create and delete agents on the go. If you have a high season or a peak week in a month then there is no issue in having more agents only those certain days out of the month, we will always charge you only for your real usage :) I suppose that you already have everything set up but know that you can always reach out to us should you be thinking of implementing anything new! Our support team is there for you 24/7 :) Keep up the great work, Sebastian! :)

Roberlandy
Roberlandy
CFO in Uruguay
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees

Easy tool to keep track of information

Comments: We have greatly improved cross-communication between teams. We avoid conversations, calls and emails centralizing everything on the ticket to work. This increases team morale by increasing efficiency and positively impacts the satisfaction of our customers.

Pros:

In the travel and tourism industry there is not much technology developed yet and it is always difficult to find the right tools to keep the order of the numbers. We are an industry with many peculiarities and we don't adapt to most accounting tools. This doesn't mean that LiveAgent is an accounting tool, but it collaborates in accounting and administration tasks in an excellent way. We can associate, for example, a LiveAgent ticket with an invoice number easily by creating a field specifically for that. We can read the history of the ticket to understand what was agreed with customers and suppliers. We can postpone tickets until their collection or payment date, ordering the views and organizing the tasks. In this time where financial and administrative work has increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic, LiveAgent has been a fundamental tool to maintain order and time for each process. Our agents can inform customers about their date changes or returns status just by reading the ticket information. This we would not have achieved so easily with other tools. And if we talk about costs, it is the one that offers the most tools at the lowest cost on the market.

Cons:

Honestly, with the ability to personalize the software, if there is something I do not like, it is because we have not configured it well. We have always been able to consult the support team about application ideas and have received answers and options according to our needs.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind and complex feedback, Roberlandy! :) We appreciate it a lot and we are super thrilled to hear that LiveAgent is helping you to manage your work in an easier and more efficient way and that it is also helping you with the cross-communication between your teams! LiveAgent was developed in a way that any kind and size of business would be able to configure it according to their needs, Just know that you can always reach out to us, should you need any help or answers to your questions! :) Our support team is always here for you :)

Federico
Federico
CCO in Uruguay

B2B portfolio management

Comments: I thought it was going to be a more difficult change or that the system was not going to adapt to our business due to its low cost. Pleasantly I can say that the experience has been very good: the whole organization has quickly acquired it and helps us to work more orderly and with the peace of mind that information is not lost among so many communication channels, since LiveAgent centralizes almost all of them.

Pros:

What I like most about LiveAgent is that we didn't lose the personalization that our business requires, on the contrary, we managed to improve it by being more agile with response times by removing the dependence on responses and email forwarding with many people in CC to handle a single sale. All the actors in the sales process can participate simultaneously if necessary, centralizing and keeping the information available to everyone. The tagging system of the tickets is very useful when prioritizing, the departments and the assignment allow to order and define who is responsible at each stage. We can set up our own ticket and contact fields, so we can manage the software as we need to. Finally, the biggest beneficiary is our client, who receives a better service.

Cons:

I would like to be able to mention an agent who receives a notification about any comment on the ticket. Anyway, the system has a chat or an internal call that can be made about the tickets and they help a lot when it comes to teamwork.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind and complex feedback, Federico! I am thrilled to hear that LiveAgent plays a role in the improvement of a way that your business handles customer support! Our software is making sure that no ticket will be missed or skipped and it also allows all the agents to see who is working on which ticket so that agents can easily avoid double-work! We also wanted to make sure that LiveAgent will be affordable for any business regardless of its size! :) Just know that you can always reach us 24/7 via chat on our website! :)

Mato G.
Mato G.
Chief growth officer in Slovenia
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

The solution that overcame competition at high speed

Comments: Great value for the money.

Pros:

It saves us tons of time, its user friendly and extremely efficient. Good connectivity with other apps.

Cons:

Hard to do tailoring to our very specific needs

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk, Zoho Desk and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: Preffered compatibility and ux efficiency

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: was most efficient and tailored to our needs

3 years ago

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that LiveAgent has been able to meet most of your needs and make your work-life a little bit easier. That said, no software is ever perfect and our team works hard every day to further improve the software and pack it full of new integrations and plugins to truly meet every need out there. Stay tuned for more updates coming your way!

Barney
Barney
Head of Marketing in UK
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees

Great Features & Great Speed

Comments: LiveAgent is helping us convert initial chat enquiries visiting our website into qualified sales leads. We provide a niche product to the very top of our market so being able to qualify enquiries at this initial stage is important to us. The other key outcome is LiveAgent has no impact on our site loading speed. We identified ZenDesk, our previous chat solution, was impacting out site loading speed - and therefore potentially impacting our SEO strategy. From a free trial, we found LiveAgent has zero impact on our site loading speed - we now have a better chat solution AND a faster loading webiste.

Pros:

We use LiveAgent to manage chat conversations on our website with the aim of converting initial enquiries into qualified sales leads. There is afar great functionality than our previous chat software solution and is far more customisable, with options to brand and personalise it to our business. The other key feature for us is that it is the number one ranked chat widget for website loading speed, an important part of our SEO strategy.

Cons:

There is so much more functionality and ability to personalise LiveAgent than our previous chat software (ZenDesk) so set up took a little longer - but the ultimate outcome has been far superior.

3 years ago

Hello Barney, many thanks for your great review! It means a lot to us and we are super thrilled to hear that you are happy with the platform and the chat solution LiveAgent is offering. We understand that it is necessary to manage all the tickets from the very beginning as each customer is important and should be taken the best care of and that is why LiveAgent makes sure that no ticket is skipped or left out! Just remember that our support team is always ready to help so feel free to start a chat on our website should you have any questions! :)

Vanessa
CEO in Canada
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service & Support and a Tried and Tested System

Comments: I'm really impressed with the capability and options available in live agent, without having to pay an arm and a leg. They have always been very prompt in answering questions, and helping me figure out how to do what I want with the software to create a great customer service experience for my clients.

Pros:

I really love the quick, responsive and helpful customer service given by LiveAgent. They have always gone above and beyond in answering questions, without leaving you waiting hours or days trying to DIY it yourself. The system itself is thorough and has everything most small businesses need to offer Help Desk Services for their clients.

Cons:

I found the software is a bit dated, and required some round-about measures to do what I want, however it's very stable, and fulfills my needs.

Alternatives Considered: Crisp and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: Cost, all-in-one solution without needing to pay additional for what should be included services. Features. Their reputation and experience in the industry. They are a well known platform that has been around for a long time.

3 years ago

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for your generous review. LiveAgent team is always here for you in case you need any help - that is why we have active online support which is trying to make your life a little by easier. We believe that there is no point leaving you without the needed assistance :) In case you would like to give us some suggestion regarding the part where you are mentioning "I found the software is a bit dated" feel free to evaluate and send us your perspective at [email protected] - we are always open to ideas.

Christopher
Founder & President in US

Great all in one solution.

Comments: Overall, we have one product for web, email, chat, and phone support.

Pros:

It was easy to get started and provides an all in one solution for helpdesk and support. The fact that it can connect to our website and provide chat as well as a knowledge base was great... but adding the capability of Phone Support through VOIP connections gives it an edge over almost everything out there. It's very customizable and we haven't found any issues with making it do what we need it to do. The support folk are good and answered all questions we had, but frankly we didn't really need them too much when we got started. They have continued to fix bugs and add features, so it's an active and live product that keeps getting better.

Cons:

The UI could be a lot better. It's not bad, but it's not super great either. It takes a while to learn how to use the interface as some aspects aren't obvious. Once you know them, it's not bad, but it should be more obvious how to use it.

Alternatives Considered: Conversational Cloud and Crisp

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: We found the package of features more substantial and the price was excellent.

Switched From: Crisp

3 years ago

Hi Christopher, thank you for your honest feedback! I am very glad to hear that you have managed to set everything up according to your needs as LiveAgent was developed in a way that each customer can custom the whole automation part and other features to their needs as we understand that business can be different from one to another :) Feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] with suggestions on improving the UI or any other suggestions you might have! We would be more than happy to pass that on our developers :)

Andrew
Operations Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

The CRM Goldilocks Would Have Chosen

Comments: Overall LiveAgent has provided us with stellar ROI and we continue to lean on this app every business day.

Pros:

Relatively lightweight as far as traditional CRM software goes, the LA package was easy to deploy and hook up to a pretty standard Shopify / MailChimp setup. Immediately, we noticed that our volume of support tickets were much easier to parse, sort and assign; letting our small crew catch a much needed breather. We have made our communications gateway LiveAgent exclusive, and since then our customer satisfaction has gone up, our time spent managing customers has gone down, and a level of much needed transparency has been implemented. Things we like most: - Unique ticket IDs make for easy tracking and reference in and outside the LA environment - Assigning tickets to others have allowed us to streamline time spent by experts - Canned and automatic replies have saved time and fingers, and allowed less skilled staff to still stay on message - A decent array of Plugins helped us coordinate our customer service options and follow-through - Contact form customization is relatively intuitive and has gone a long way to help build customer trust - Customer Portal option was a nice touch, even if slightly clunky and less than user friendly

Cons:

Overall we're quite pleased. If we had the option, we'd love to see the following addressed: - Selecting a bulk option (deleting, archiving, marking as spam) prompts a series of confirmation windows that get tiresome to click through. We'd love to see an option to turn this off. - Minor issues like being unable to remove flags from threads and small UI things like this. - More support for other SaaS email providers like Klaviyo. - Mobile app. Probably the only reason we can't give 5 stars. When the app was working, its limited functionality (especially with predefined answers) felt limiting, and the seat licenses treat desktop and the mobile app the same, necessitating a constant log in / log off headache that make using the app almost totally pointless. Now, we can't seem to log in as the app is telling us that our server needs to be updated, even though we don't use our own server.

3 years ago

Hello Andrew, thank you for your complex and honest review! I am excited to hear that LiveAgent is helping you to handle the tickets in a more efficient way and that your customer satisfaction has gone up after making our software exclusive in your communication with customers :) The confirmation window when performing a mass action is shown by default, in order to prevent any unwanted actions triggered by any misclicks. Regarding the mail provider, you can connect any email address regardless of the provider by Forwarding or IMAP/POP3 :) The app wasn't working because a new version of it was released but our developers have already updated all the accounts so it is working with no problem now. I understand that the mobile app can be limiting, for instance not being able to use the predefined answers, but our developers are working hard every day to make it better :) You can send us any suggestions for improvement at [email protected] :)

Francisco
technical director in Spain
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

The software that has changed our relationship with customers

Comments: LiveAgent has been a major change in our company. We have tried other solutions before, including some free ones, but none has been as good as LiveAgent. Not everything is perfect, but the positive is a lot. Clients have congratulated us on the technical support and consultation service, and clients are the most important thing to us. I think that LiveAgent has managed to improve our image and has achieved a better opinion of our brand and our company

Pros:

The positive points are many but the main ones are - Excellent technical attention (they attend quickly to any consultation) - Easy to manage - Supports multiple languages - Quite configurable - Complete options for technical support - We have managed to integrate some other services - Everything is customizable: emails, answers, FAQs, etc - The email response system is almost instantaneous and works perfectly

Cons:

Some negative points or points that need improvement: - Some customization options are missing - The database of frequently asked questions needs to be improved - We've never managed to use live chat - When you answer a ticket or message, you are not allowed to record the screen to automatically attach a video or audio explanation (this would be a great feature). We have to record it with other software and attach it there - The aesthetics of dashboarding are still a little old - A web widget is missing (not wordpress) - The configuration of the emails is not very intuitive

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: We changed because there were failures. Sometimes the emails never arrived, or our responses were spammed. Other times, it was a problem of limited functionality

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: The prices are very expensive because to the base price you have to add a lot of complements that add up and add up, raising the price a lot. It seems to be a good platform but, besides, it has never answered several queries we made before paying (it seems that trial users are not served but we can't risk not being served either when we pay)

3 years ago

Hi Francisco, Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are glad to hear LiveAgent has been able to make your day-to-day work life a little easier. That said, we are aware no software is ever truly perfect - our team works hard every single day to further enhance and improve the software to truly match every need on the market. Don't hesitate to send us an email at [email protected] should you need any help at all and stay tuned for more updates!

Robert
Assistant Client Services Supervisor in Canada

Live-Agent is for you!

Comments: Overall Live agent has made our office more productive and has allowed us to better track current and past events. We have been trying to use more and more of the features of the system in our day-to-day work. As we do we are finding more and better ways to organize our data and track our metrics. This is allowing us to better see where we are spending our time and better hire new employees. In using Live-Agent in day to day use the auto-tagging, rules, colourization of emails, and search functionsm make dealing with problems and solutions so much faster. We better understand and find what we want and better know who to bring into client issues. When I started we have 5 employees and all used outlook. The about of control and organization Live-Agent allows has put us lightyears ahead.

Pros:

I find the organizational tools the best thing about Live-agent. I started with an Outlook based system and searching for emails even a week old was a test in agony. With Live-Agent the ability to auto organizes our emails, with tags, persons, folders, custom filters, timed colouring, etc has made dealing with emails so much easier. I rarely have to search for more than a min to find what I want. In dealing with an ever-growing team is important to have a smooth onboarding process. I am quickly and easily able to explain the basics of Live-Agent to a new team member and when necessary limit there flow of work so as not to overwhelm them. I can also see what they are writing and have open so I can keep an eye on their reply if needed. The contact list has made dealing the new clients much easier as is the managing of who is on an email chain. Since we often need to curate information it is a relief to know we are in control of who sees what when. We currently have a small knowledge-based but we hope to expand its use over the next year and make that a large part of how we use the system.

Cons:

At times the email chains can get quite bloated as more replays are added to them. This can make a new person coming into the chain not feel they can find what they want. Also, the general search for emails is great but the in email search I find a bit limiting. It can be hard to find the exact message with the information I need sometimes.

3 years ago

Dear Robert, thank you very much for your honest and complex review! We are very happy to hear that LiveAgent is helping you in your day to day work and that you are using all the features -tags, custom filters, folders, etc. to help you find anything that you need! We understand that managing a business is not an easy thing and that is why we wanted LiveAgent to speed up things for you and your employees. Either when replying to a ticket, where you can use our features of "Canned messages" and/or "Predefined answers" and templates, or filters tags, etc. that help you look for any ticket you need and also not to forget the feature of "Recent tickets" where you can see all the previous tickets with a specific contact directly in the ticket without having to go back to the main inbox. Regarding the bloated email chains, I can pass this on to our developers. Feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] if you have any idea of how exactly you would like it to work! :)

Jacob
Jacob
Senior Customer Service / Technical Writer in Canada

Excellent Experience Overall - I Recommend LiveAgent

Comments: The customer support team for LiveAgent has been excellent, helping work through our needs and how LiveAgent can meet those. The application has helped us improve our management support items.

Pros:

For day-to-day use, it is very intuitive for our client services team; the interface is visually intuitive, with colour coding that makes easy to see which tickets need attention and when. The automatic rules also offer a large amount of flexibility in managing support tickets and providing the right information to our team.

Cons:

Some basic features are not yet included; e.g. instead of responding to an individual message, you have to forward that message, and choose all the recipients again. However, I've noticed that new features are available often, and I am confident inconveniences such as this will be resolved with time.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: Better price-to-value options; LiveAgent's pricing options are scaled towards the extent of your usage. E.g. if you don't use the Chat or Social Media options, you can omit them. The other options tended to leave out core functionality in their basic packages that became an obstacle to efficient usage.

3 years ago

Hi Jacob, Thank you for such a nice review. We pride ourselves in making our software feel natural and simple to use and are glad to see the work is paying off. That said, there are always areas where we can improve and will continue to do so to provide the best helpdesk software on the market.

Head of Customer Care in UK
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Live Agent has helped us to level up our customer service.

Comments: Overall LiveAgent has been a godsend compared to our previous provider, the automation alone makes it worth its weight in gold, there was a cost saving for us to switch to LiveAgent but more importantly we have saved on time and resources.

Pros:

This software has enabled my team to work more efficiently, the automation available with the software has allowed us to track the sorts of queries we are recieiving and the volume of those queries, all of which can be reported back to our clients. The automation has allowed us to automatically respond to people with specific queries based on keywords which means that our overall volume of work has decreased.

Cons:

It would be great if their was downloadable graphs and charts, and generally easier reporting.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: Cost and functionality

Switched From: Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: It was easier to use than software we trialled, it offered more features and was more cost effective, more importantly I could see that it was scalable.

3 years ago

Hello, we are glad that your overall volume of work has decreased thanks to LiveAgent. We are happy that you are on board with us. It's great to be part of such a great crew! Have a good days :)

Guy
Owner in Belgium
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

We needed an upgrade for our support app and decided to switch to LiveAgent. We're very happy we did

Comments: The biggest benefit we get from LiveAgent is being able to communicate with customers and immediately see their order history (shopify integration) and their previous messages with our support team. This saves time for both us and the customer.

Pros:

The plethora of functionalities and having all support channels in 1 app: live chat, email, social and phone. I also highly value great support. A great app with mediocre support is not a great app. So, besides all the options in the app I was also happy to find LiveAgent has a great support team themselves.

Cons:

Compared to our last support app the dashboard feels very cluttered, but LiveAgent also has lots more functions, so it's not a big deal. Once you're used to it, you don't notice it anymore.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing LiveAgent: We needed a solution that also integrated with social & phone. In Help Scout there was a work around option to achieve this but it didn't really fit our needs. So we started looking for reviews of other apps and asking other business owners what they used. LiveAgent came up a couple of times as the best solution. When we saw there was a deal for a lifetime license we decided to give it a go and we never looked back.

Switched From: Help Scout

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: There was a lifetime license deal on LiveAgent, so we decided to give it a try. We were happy with the app, so there was no need to also give freshdesk a try.

3 years ago

Hello Guy, thank you very much for nice review. We appreciate it. Have a nice day :)

Sergey
uKit in Russia
Internet, 51-200 Employees

I like Live Agent as a product and environment for the work of the support team.

Comments: Pros: easy-to-use and simple interface
flexible test system and automation
Help Desk, online chat, ticket system for users and knowledgebase in one place
mobile app
What could be improved:
We've been working in Live Agent for over a year and don't consider changing the platform, we're more than satisfied with it. Good luck to the Live Agent team with the development of the product!

Pros:

easy-to-use and simple interface flexible test system and automation good built-in analytics model (if the statistics on the quantitative indicators of tickets are added, logins via API are counted in the reports by channels, and the summary report by SLA is introduced, it'll be perfect) Help Desk, online chat, ticket system for users and knowledgebase in one place mobile app

Cons:

poor customization settings, CSS are not always enough to make the clients' portal and online chat personalized for the Russian market. It would be nice to see the Russian social network VKontakte added, as well as integrate messengers Telegram, Viber, Whatsapp, Skype add an opportunity to specify links in the additional field of the ticket, not only text expand chat settings (set animation as optional, personally I would like to disable it)

Tim
Owner in Germany

All-in-one support solution

Pros:

I love LiveAgent! In the past, I always used the same communication channels for business and private, or at least they were on the same device. Situations like this were quite common: I wanted to have a Skype call with my best friend, and suddenly a customer notices that l am online and sends me support messages via direct message. My messages used to be all over the place, you have a phone call with a customer, suddenly you get a WhatsApp support request three days later. Or some customer who lives in a different time zone calls you at 3 AM because they forgot about where you live and you forgot to turn off your phone. With LiveAgent I am streamlining my entire communication. I created a [email protected] address for my domain and forward any incoming email to LiveAgent. | also linked my contact form on my website via Zapier to create an instant ticket. Instead of giving customers my Skype ID, I use the built-in video call feature in LiveAgent, so there are no unforeseen interruptions. Voice calls can be integrated as well including a real landline phone number, which is cool. The chat Widget can be fine-tuned to only appear under certain conditions, for example, if someone is spending 15 seconds or more on the pricing page. Overall this tool allows me to have strong boundaries and office hours with customers. | am going to use the second user account for my assistant and then use the routing emails to automatically assign all tickets to him. This dramatically frees up my time

Cons:

The design is slightly outdated and it was a bit complicated to find everything during setup.

3 years ago

Thank you very much fot your nice feedback. we are happy that you are satisfied with us :) We still working on our improvement :) Have a nice day

Mariana
Mariana
COO in Uruguay

International Omnichanel Travel Agency

Comments: Our estrategy for customer service is to give an omnichannel experience to our customers across all the countries we work.
We researched a lot trying to find tools that accomplished that: some of the solutions were very poor and some others very expensive. With LiveAgent we found everything: an easy software to implement (we have our APIs connected with them too) with the best cost of the market.

Pros:

1) The capability of management of all our comunication channels across all the countries we have operations in a single software. 2) We have Travel Agents of all ages, and for all of them the implementation of the software was very easy, as the adaptation to our business. 3) The cost and time savings with tools as internal calls and chats. 4) The ticket history with all the interaction (including call recordings) with our customers: this is core for a Travel Agency. 5) We can use it in spanish! 6) The configuration of IP phone lines; in Latin America that's not an easy task because of the SIP Trunk providers. 7) The ticket and phone apps that alows us to work ant talk to our customers from everywhere!

Cons:

We have experienced some little bugs in the implementation, but the support team is excelent and very helpfull, so it wasn't a problem at all; they were fixed inmediatly.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to LiveAgent: Because of the features, the cost per agent, the support team and the adaptation to our business.

3 years ago

Hi Mariana, Many thanks for such an amazing review. It is great to hear that LiveAgent has been able to meet your company's needs and make communication with your clients a little easier. Our team takes great pride in the work we do and comments like yours keep pushing us in the right direction. Glad to have you onboard with us!

Alissa
Director of Operations in US
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees

Easy to navigate with great support

Comments: I found the transition to Live Agent desk to be very easy and user-friendly. This product is an essential tool for my team. It allows us to easily see which tasks/tickets are urgent, require a follow-up, and the customizable tags help to create an efficient workflow.

Pros:

The system is easy to use and my staff was able to quickly learn the system. It's set up in a logical way and their customer support is fantastic. This software makes it easier for my team to stay organized and prioritize tasks accordingly.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to customize the "ticket number." It's is auto-generated and sometimes our clients remove the information because they think it looks suspicious. This causes problems when a client replies since the system then creates a new ticket without connecting to the original message.

2 years ago

Hi Alissa, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It's amazing to see that LiveAgent has been the right fit for you and your company and that it was easy and smooth to get used to working with it. We are constantly working to further improve and enhance the software so stay tuned for more updates and don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need assistance - we are available 24/7!

Matthias
CTO in Belgium

Not the cheapest solution around, but probably one of the best.

Comments: Depending on the package you select it is probably not the cheapest solution around. But it is one of the best. We moved from a single google inbox to LiveAgent a while back. There was a lot of irritation at first since the way we dealt with support had to change a lot. But looking back, changing the way we do support, was the right thing to do. Live Agent heavily relies on departments. Which makes it easy to transfer a ticket to the right people, cutting down on our response time. Even if there is no clear distinction, I think any organisation can be devided up into departments. 1ste line support, 2nd line support, accounting, ... A ticket might get transfered between departments multiple times, but that's a good thing. Since you don't have to keep track of them, the ticket will get transfered back to your department when needed. The departments also allow us to go to the next level. Setting up multiple offices in different countries is now easy, since we can simply create a new department and create a rule that will automatically assign tickets based on the country/language. I do have to mention a couple of less than ideal things. There are some minor bugs in the application. Sometimes it completely crashes and has to be reloaded. I have yet to figure out why this happens. Luckily no data is lost though, it's just a minor inconvenience. There is also a very annoying bug in the rich text editor where it uses the same short cuts as the application (ctrl + i to put something in Italics has a different meaning in the application). So you're constantly fighting with these keys, I hope they get that resolved soon. There were also a couple of other bugs, but those got resolved quickly by the support team at LiveAgent/QualityUnit. And that last one is actually what makes me recommend Live Agent. The program isn't perfect, but remember that no program ever is. The team behind this, is really trying to build the best solution out there. And they always respond quickly to any issue or question you might have. Give them a try, they have a free trial.

Pros:

Phone integration Chat integration (internal and customer chat) Departments Cloud based (works on mobile as well)

Cons:

Short cuts in rich text area are conflicting with the ones in the application