• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Neon CRM

Built-in event & volunteer management, donor communications, automated receipting with Neon CRM, you get all-in-one and then some.

Learn more about Neon CRM

Karen P.
Director, Development and Strategic Partnerships
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-13

"Great System to Grow With"

Comments: I have actually used Neon CRM in two very different nonprofits. One was previously using eTapestry and we switched because of the greater flexibility offered by Neon. That organization received much of its funding from individuals and was focused on one main program. The second was a transportation think tank that had no previous CRM system and received much of its funding through memberships. In both cases, I have found the system to work well and meet the needs of two very different organizations.

Pros: The interface is easy to use, very similar to comparable CRM systems in terms of flexibility and customization, but built for fundraising. The customization, in particular, is easy to understand and flexible enough to work for a variety of applications in a variety of nonprofits. I like the automation features as well, such as with donation appreciation and membership renewal reminders.

Cons: The single log on functionality and link with Wordpress needs to be further developed, I think. Sometimes the integrations with other systems, like MailChimp, are not as robust as I would like.

by Neon Team on 2017-12-01

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review. We always love hearing how NeonCRM's versatility can help vastly different nonprofits!

We are also glad to hear you are using the Wordpress single sign on plugin. We appreciate your feedback. We will be making improvements and enhancements to it regularly.

Over the next year you can expect deeper enhancements to our existing integrations and many more great new integration offerings to come. For example, last month we announced we are officially part of Zapier’s beta testing program. Zapier is essentially a system that connects systems, so this really opens up opportunities to connect Neon with many other platforms. Our blog post about it is below:

Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions about it!

• Reviewed on 2017-11-13
Sheri K.
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 2014-09-02

"Neon, an elegant solution"

Pros: I have had my NeonCRM system now for about four months, and what I love the most about it is probably its elegance. It's like the designers sat in my office, watched me work, and then designed a system that would not only take care of the many things I need when working with our donors, but also thought of a whole lot more! The system is very comprehensive, and while it is quite large and will take many more months to completely master, it is consistent. This consistency throughout makes it relatively easy to learn to work, even in the beginning.

Cons: The thing I have found the most frustrating is that I run a Mac, and this system is more compatible with PC. For instance, I could not run the tutorials on my Mac, so I had to haul out an old PC laptop for my training webinars. It worked out okay, as I could be working on the Mac in the program while watching the tutorial on the PC, but we Mac users get frustrated with these situations. Later, I learned that the internal mail merger program would not work on anything but Internet Explorer, which is unfortunately no longer available for Mac. It would have been nice if we could have at least had Firefox or Chrome, both very commonly used browsers, as an option. This is not a deal breaker for me, but for the price and quality of the system, I would have liked more compatibility.

by NeonCRM on 2014-09-08

Sheri, we really appreciate the kind words and positive review, but also thank you for the constructive feedback to make our processes better.

We've heard you and other Mac users loud and clear in regards to accessing the recorded trainings. Where NeonCRM obviously works just fine on PCs and Macs, the webinar provider we work with only renders our recordings in a PC-compatible format. Due to this limitation of our webinar partner, we have made the decision to stream all NeonCRM trainings on YouTube to ensure Mac users and all NeonCRM users have easy access to all training sessions. We'll be having your account manager reach out directly to you to provide this resource directly and these can be accessed with a simple search on YouTube.

In regards to the Microsoft Word mail merge functionality you brought up, that direct push from NeonCRM to Microsoft Word is actually something that is dictated by Microsoft, not us, since they want people to be using Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, Chrome, Firefox, and all other browsers are unable to receive a direct push from any system directly into Microsoft Word. We are looking to see if there's a way around it and will of course let you know. Of course, you can always use the built-in NeonCRM mail merge templates or export to Excel/csv to perform the mail merge externally as well. So there are options!

Again, thank you for the amazing feedback and look forward to growing with you for years to come.

• Reviewed on 2014-09-02
Mike C.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 2011-08-23

"All 3 Things You Need it to Do - and More!"

Comments: You want CRM software to do 3 things:
1. Safely store you data
2. Allow you to leverage your data
3. Allow you to interact with your organizations website
Most systems do the first 2 - they better (!), NEON does the third one too and better than any other product in the industry. My only hope is they don't get bought by Blackbaud. I've done 15 or more conversions with many different product and have never been happier than with NEON. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll share more with you.

Pros: I won't comment on the other features NEON does that other systems do as well - or almost as well. Instead, I'll focus on the factors that set them apart from the other players on the market. FORMS! - how can any org look past the ability to survey their constituents via email and then have the responses post to the database? e.g. How did you hear about us? a - k / What most interests you about our work? a.b.c. d. free form response / How would you like us to communicate with you? a - d Events! NEON is the industry leader in allowing users to enter info via an org's website and into the database. I have one client using NEON that registers athletic event users via their website - all the way down to the waiver release form via a digital signature. All that info results in a paperless process that posts to their website on the back end. Training - online video training is FREE - you won't get that with eTapestry or DonorPerfect.

Cons: The reports function features a URL for a particular report (dynamic too). This is is fantastic! But many board members and volunteers need to be reminded to access the url and it would be great if NEON would schedule the delivery of reports on an ongoing basis rather than the user having to schedule the delivery of the reports. A small thing, but one less thing the user has to think about doing.

by Z2 Systems on 2011-08-25

Thanks Mike! we appreciate your review! As for the ability to email reports out to board members, you can set up an account in NEON, create a recurring activity to have NEON email your board member with the dynamic report link on, for example, the first of the month every month.

And as for the comment about the BBaud buyout, no chance. :) We're in this for the long haul to create the best cloud based CRM for nonprofits and to ensure we offer it for less. Plus, NEON is built as an All-in-One platform that can house fundraising/donors, membership/members, events/registrants and track all of this in one system. Plus, our frontend connectivity to nonprofit's websites allows everything to funnel right into NEON automatically. Times are changing and there is no longer a need to spend so much for powerful software and IT staff to manage servers.

NEON, by Z2 systems, Inc., is here to stay and evolve with the technology needs of the Nonprofit industry. Count on it!

• Reviewed on 2011-08-23
Courtney H.
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-23

"Great customer service!"

Pros: I've looked into several different donor relations databases, and Neon was hands down the best we've seen. The customer service was definitely above and beyond, and truly set them apart from their competition! The database is very user-friendly and customizable. I can't wait to full start using it!

Cons: I don't particularly care for the fact that you have to pay an additional cost for the extra training. I feel like this should be included. If companies don't have time to watch all of the youtube videos, or aren't great at being self-taught, then they will not be able to get the most out of the system, and will be more likely to cancel the services. If the customer doesn't understand the database and how to use it, then it will ultimately be a waste of money for the client (which means NEON will lose their business). Small non-profits like mine, who are looking to increase fundraising and donations, just can't afford that extra cost.

by The Neon Team on 2018-09-05

Hi Courtney,

Thanks so much for your kind words about your experience with our team! We are happy to have you on board.

To address your concerns regarding training, let me say that we strive to provide training options suitable for all of our clients regardless of budget, size, or learning style. Our online knowledge base at support.neoncrm.com has in-depth guides and videos to help new users get started and experienced admins take their CRM to the next level. We also have an active community forum and unlimited ticket support included with every service package. For those who would like more customized, one-on-one training, we offer a range of services and pricing that includes chat, phone support, on demand training, and extended training & consulting.

If you'd like any assistance finding the training and support options that are right for you, drop us a line at [email protected] We're here to help!

• Reviewed on 2018-08-23
Mary beth P.
Development Associate
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-01

"Excellent experience with NeonCRM...highly recommend it!"

Comments: I work for a small, public charter school. The school had never tracked donors, incoming donations, or consistently sent thank yous. The only data that I had available to load into NeonCRM were from folders of thank you letters that had incomplete/incorrect contact information in some cases. I imported the current parents of our students this year as well as any data I could glean from the thank you letters for the previous 3 school years. NeonCRM allowed us to more easily communicate with all of our constituents. The thank you letters are formatted to include tokens that make the letters more personal as well as contain photos and accomplishments of our student body. They are also are set up with different text and photos based on whether the donation is designated, in-kind, or unrestricted because that data is easily tracked in the software. For the first time, KAPS participated in Giving Tuesday with an email campaign and also did an EOY appeal, neither of which had been attempted in the past. The EOY campaign brought in 30% of our donations for the year in the last two weeks of December. Several of the donors elected to become part of a new Friends of KAPS organization that is in its infancy. We were also able to send a donation summary for tax purposes this January, which had also never been done by the school. The reporting helps us target donors for specific appeals and know who has (and hasn't) given recently. We were able to get several people to sign up for recurring donations that increased our sustainability. My current efforts are two-fold: 1) increase the use of the constituent portal, and
2) track volunteer hours using the Volunteer module so that we can report this data in grants that we are pursuing.
NeonCRM has been instrumental in taking our organization to the next level: helping us to maximize our constituents, increase our bottom line, and help us to become a professional charter school that is responsible with our constituents monetary donations. I would highly recommend NeonCRM to others looking for a constituent database. (My only reason for giving a 4 on Ease of Use is that, being a small organization, I was not able to attend training. However, the videos and online manuals helped me determine how to use the software. The NeonCRM support staff were also very helpful if I couldn't find the answer to my question on my own.)

• Reviewed on 2016-03-01
Susan T.
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-25

"Critical platform to our business performance"

Comments: We are very proud to partner with Neon One. Their business team is responsive and helpful. The company is an exceptional corporate citizen. I have also been very impressed with their willingness to help us network with their other clients.

Pros: Neon One allows us to centralize our operations and interactions with our clients. The single sign on function means we can track all of our processes through the CRM, giving us a single source of truth to analyze and report our successes.

Cons: Editing letters within the platform is a little cumbersome.

by Neon One on 2021-03-31

Hi Susan! Thank you for leaving a review. Client support and feedback are an essential part of our business. In regards to editing letters, we have a great support article about different options for "letter templates" with Neon CRM. You can find that here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/article/218530127LetterTemplates

Beth S.
Development Manager
Fine Art, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-03-21

"This CRM Newbie LOVES NEON!"

Comments: I was new to using a CRM type data base like NEON when we were researching programs and systems a year ago, so I had a lot of concerns about jumping in. Thanks to excellent live customer support as we launched and loaded, as well as the online support via videos and online knowledge base, I've been able to learn a ton and make NEON do what I need it to do. I feel like I'm always learning more and that we're still just scratching the surface of what is possible with this very powerful system. I think it is affordable, and I appreciate the ability to only pay for the modules we're using - we received terrific guidance from our client manager during our purchase and set up, and once they had a sense of the work we do, she recommended against our purchasing an additional module. We can always add more later. We have learned a great deal about our data and have decades worth of records that need housekeeping attention on our end, but we're moving forward and using NEON on a daily basis to support our work.

Pros: Ease of use
Clear, easy to use screens
Consistency across options - once I learn one thing, it is applicable in many different scenarios
Online knowledge base and training videos
Potential!

• Reviewed on 2017-03-21
Jennifer H.
Director of Development
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-14

"A great improvement for our management of data"

Comments: Switching to Neon has been a good move for our organization. We are able to better organize our information in a more comprehensive way. After 1 year of use we are still figuring out how to use all the functions of neon to our advantage. Customer service is quick to respond and pretty amazing.

Pros: It is very user friendly and it is accessible anywhere.

Cons: The formatting platform for system letters, system emails, and online forms is ridiculously bad. It looks like it might work like Word but it does not. It is so limited in its ability that I find we had to revamp everything we've always done with communication flow. This is very frustrating. There are so many good platforms out there - I wish neon would improve this feature. It would make life much easier with neon.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-14
Valerie S.
Director of Artist Services
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-10

"Headaches Releaved"

Comments: After 2 nightmarish contracts with two separate inward-/outward-facing database platforms, this was a breath of fresh air. It works right off the rip, the training videos are actually helpful, if you can get through them, and there was no pressure from sales; no contract. They know what they're good at and integrate other systems for things that have better, more specialized products like, Eventbrite, Quickbooks and Mailchimp, and consolidates the data. The whole team can actually use it rather than feeling like data-entry drones.

Pros: The integrations with Eventbrite and Mailchimp allow us to use the best of everything without having to manage lists in every direction or hiring an IT guru.
We talked through our existing (and very messy) data with a data rep from the platform. She talked us through how we needed to clean and modify it for this particular system, including recommendations based her knowledge of the different form fields and feature, and then we uploaded it based on the mapping she set up, and were able to easily modify once we had everything ready to go live

Cons: It's not as flashy or designed as well as some others, but it works! The only other issue would be if we wanted to connect organization accounts and contact accounts in the upload. We could have asked for a custom import, or manually connected the accounts, but since the system search includes scanning the org field, we can search for one org and all the contacts who have it listed as their company pop up anyway, which is all we need!

• Reviewed on 2017-08-10
Shauna L.
Operations
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-26

"Appears to have good functionality but the proof is in the details."

Comments: We chose this software because it appeared to be able to do everything we needed it to. However, when getting into it more fully we consistently run into obstacles.

Pros: Good database function, automated emails, customized reporting.

Cons: We utilize the event module extensively and find that the functionality is difficult. The WYSIWYG feature to build an event page is difficult, you can't build sub pages for an event, no ability to have event add-on items (register for the event and buy a shirt, etc). I've had to add them into the store function and then make all events appear in the store function so that the add-on items would appear in the shopping cart with the registration - but there is no ability to customize a store item (i.e. personalization). The registration function is very confusing to our constituents in that you have to provide all information for the registrant before making the registration/ticket selection. Then the only place to put the add-on/store items is in the event registration summary page. The social fundraising functions are not terribly user friendly and intuitive. When you want to do registration discounts you can either take $ off or % off of the entire order - not off each registration when more than 1 person is registered. When I have asked about these features it has been suggested that we use Eventbright for events. We left event bright when we purchased NEON because we could save the costs with the integrated functions in NEON. Eventbright doesn't do social fundraising so this looked like a better option. And finally - duplicate accounts are a problem - especially because pricing is based upon the number of accounts. Merging/deleting accounts is a time consuming process. And, you cannot simply two accounts that should be merged (because you know they should be) unless the system identifies them based upon duplicate name, email, etc. For example - if a person registered using her home email and address for one event and then the next time she registered as that person's name using her work email the system won't recognize them as potential duplicates - and you can't manually select them to merge. The login feature we thought was good but unless you have memberships it isn't great - folks just don't log back in the next time the visit the site - they just create a new account.

by N/A on 2016-12-07

Hi Shauna,

We’re sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced with functionality. We appreciate your feedback and take into account customer suggestions when considering product developments.

We will be reaching out directly to further discuss your duplicate management pains and to better understand your event registration items. There are deeper duplicate scans that can be useful, and we of course want to hear from you about how the event registration process might be simplified. In the last month, we've come out with an enhanced template feature for social fundraising for more customization and usability--we will also send you info on this.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments and please know we are always striving to improve the system and its functionality to better serve nonprofits. It's feedback like yours that helps us to plan for our monthly product releases. We appreciate having Star Legacy Foundation as part of the Neon community. We truly understand the importance of your mission and want to ensure NeonCRM can be effective in furthering stillbirth awareness.

Our Account Management team will be in touch, but please know you can contact them if you have future questions or concerns.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-26
Charla L.
Managing Director
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees

"Very Helpful Software"

Pros: It makes searching and pulling reports somewhat simple so that I, a somewhat technologically inept individual, and my board members can pull reports when our Development Coordinator in unavailable. The dashboards are simple and clear. It makes looking at an individuals history easy and help to show relevancy between recents attendance and donations. And they provide VERY HELPFUL webinars!

Cons: It is very time consuming and tedious to watch all the training videos and very expensive to get training. For an organization as small as ours with our low budget that can make it difficult to use NeonCRM to it's fullest potential

Ed R.
Interim Executive Director
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-18

"Powerful but Complicated"

Comments: Started out with NEON when it was first starting and they helped develop many necessary tools for the integration of our system to website. It is has been helpful but I think most staff would say that the learning curve is incredibly high.

Pros: Keeps our organizations membership information easily accessible and connects to website for joining or renewing.

Cons: Very complicated and not user friendly. Creating reports is time consuming and confusing.

by Neon One on 2021-02-24

Thank you for the review and the honest feedback regarding ease of reporting! We will be using this feedback in the future to continue to improve our product.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-18
Caraline V.
VISTA Regional Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-08

"Wonderful experience so far!"

Comments: Scott was extremely helpful through our trial. He even extended our trial an additional 30 days to allow our entire team to get comfortable with NEON.

Pros: It seems like NEON can do everything- event registration, volunteer management, donor tracking. The systems settings home page has everything you need to customize the front facing forms and back end for system users.

Cons: The systems settings page has everything you need... but it is also a little overwhelming at first. After watching all the intro videos I have a better grasp on how to use all the features. I tend to get lost in the systems page because it takes so many clicks to get to the page I was searching for.

by Sean on 2018-04-03

Hi Caraline,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks! We pride ourselves on offering a robust system with constant improvements designed to anticipate the needs of nonprofits. We also have a diverse ecosystem of partnerships and integrations that are always available to help take AR Kids Read to the next level, which you can read more about here: https://www.neoncrm.com/neon-one-nonprofit-applications/

With so many options, we also recognize that setting up your system can seem a little overwhelming. I'm glad to see that AR Kids Read opted for an implementation package with data consultation, configuration and training. Our Pro Services team will work with you to make sure your system is set up and customized to the needs of AR Kids Read! And after your system is set up, our Client Success team will be there to answer any questions you might have moving forward!

From Scott and the rest of us here at Neon, we're happy to have you on board!

• Reviewed on 2018-03-08
Kathy W.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-08

"Neon CRM - great software, excellent customer service"

Comments: Neon CRM has been a great software company to work with. The software is good, and the employees really care about their clients. We will be staying with Neon CRM. Thank you!

Pros: Gets the job done for non-profits, and the customer service is exceptional!
I like that it's a fairly simple software, and that I get responses from customer service and people actually know what they're talking about and help.

Cons: Need automatic notification that someone needs to update their credit card number on automatic renewal.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-08
Amanda M.
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 2016-06-22

"Exactly what we were looking for"

Pros: For a non-profit with only one employee, many of our records were kept in dozens of spreadsheets. When it came to grant writing or reporting, we had to research and dive into many different documents taking a significant of time that could have been dedicated to furthering our mission. This NeonCRM will allow us to consolidate ALL of our record-keeping while increasing accountability and productivity not only of our staff but also of our board members. We are so excited that something like this exists that has been designed by people that KNOW what non-profit record keeping looks like! Also, they provide so many videos and tutorials that make it so easy to dive right in! Thank you NeonCRM!

Cons: At this time, I haven't been using the product long enough to see a negative...

• Reviewed on 2016-06-22
Joel P.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-15

"Neon Has Been a Great Tool for Our New Nonprofit"

Pros: The software ties together all needed customer relations tools, with a well-functioning event planning platform. Their customer support is truly incredible, in addition to their training and help platform.

Cons: The software is fairly clunky to look at, with quite a lot of training needed to know what you are looking for. There are issues with more complex ticketing structures.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-15
Colleen R.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-31

"Excellent database system that saves you time!"

Comments: I'm receiving many compliments from alumni about the system. I'm receiving new donations through the online event forms that incorporate an opportunity to donate when purchasing a ticket.

Pros: Fundraising tools, multiple membership levels, membership directory with photos, event management, e-communication tools , templates, reports, volunteer and committee tracking, system emails, system letters, forms, surveys, multiple payment gateways, campaigns, integrates with QuickBooks, MailChimp, and more!

Cons: Takes a while to learn how it works to take fully advantage of all of the features. Membership Directory needs a facelift. Selecting addresses for printing labels is tricky.

Heidi W.
Development Specialist
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

"Neon as a mainstay"

Comments: It is my #1 recommended CRM for nonprofits!

Pros: I love how detailed you can get with your contacts, and the custom fields are awesome!

Cons: It is hard for me to train new users who are less familiar with a CRM.

by Neon One on 2021-03-31

Hi Heidi! Thanks for your review and feedback. We know that training someone to use a CRM system can be difficult, that why we are continuously updating our "Video Tutorials" and "Guide" to better support our clients. You can find those resources here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

April A.
Foundation Board Member
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 2015-06-05

"Neon CRM Review"

Pros: I love that this product is web based which makes using Neon practical and easy. The online videos and instructions have been very helpful and I feel like we have a better grasp of our donor base.

Cons: I wish it was tied to a more recognizable name ie Blackbaud. I don't like that we don't get a team to come in and train us on the program.

by NeonCRM on 2015-07-01

Thanks for your glowing review, April. We are thrilled to be part of the Thomas Davis Defending Dreams Foundation team in helping to encourage the students of today to become the leaders of tomorrow!

And, unlike the publicly traded company you mentioned above, we here at Z2 Systems, Inc. are privately held and beholden to no one but our incredible clients. We do not answer to shareholders and choose to educate, empower, and defend nonprofits of all sizes without worry of stock performance. We are indeed a bit of an underdog, but have been in this game for over a decade now and have developed the most robust cloudbased CRM built specifically for nonprofits!

Lastly, if a team of NeonCRM consultants is what TDDFF is looking for, we do in fact offer onsite training at a very reasonable cost which is featured on our website. But, we have chosen to let our clients opt-in for those services if budget allows and have developed an intuitive software platform that does not warrant spending thousands of dollars to fly a team in to show you how to use NeonCRM.

We look forward to being a supportive teammate of the Thomas Davis Defending Dreams Foundation for years to come and working together to help the youth of today lead tomorrow.

• Reviewed on 2015-06-05
Rhonda W.
Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-25

"Neon Survey"

Pros: Love the reporting system, the ease of tracking donors and the money they give and how fast you can track donations.

Cons: Having to merge accounts all the time. That is time consuming. I would like the program to capture same accounts by when their email and/or name matches without logging in.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-25
Emily Z.
Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-10

"Neon for Non-Profits"

Pros: Neon is by far the easiest CRM software I have ever used. Reports are so simple to run correctly with your specific criteria, and the constituent information is completely straight forward. It is easy to edit tax acknowledgement letters/whatever you need to to fit your organization's needs.

Cons: The hardest thing in Neon is that the letters can't be edited, only completely re-done if you need to change something on them.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-10
Sue T.
  • Reviewed on 2013-10-10

Comments: We are a small, local not-for-profit organization whose mission statement is “Leadership through community service.” The organization has been in existence since 1987. We work with a select group of youth (grades 5-12) who are chosen by their schools to participate in a leadership academy. Our primary supporters are the families of the youth and community members. Before using NEON, we kept our records in a variety of Excel spreadsheets. Looking to expand our database and be more efficient in our fundraising and events, we trained to use NEON in February 2012 and went live shortly thereafter. Our trainer was very thorough and informative. I appreciated receiving a video copy of our training for future reference. The implementation of the system was seamless and the support staff was very responsive when I asked them to make some changes (e.g. - change the logo on the front end page). We have used NEON primarily for events and campaigns. Each time I set up an event/campaign, I learn more about what NEON can do. Whenever I have encountered a problem or question, I have found that my support questions are answered quickly and in a helpful manner. NEON has made record keeping and event recording much easier for me, as I rely on NEON’s various reports to get information on registrants, various donations, etc. Another advantage of NEON is that I do not have to handle as much money directly. In the future, I would like to set up a store in NEON and use our email database we are building in NEON for newsletters, etc.

• Reviewed on 2013-10-10
T.j. S.
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 2014-08-29

"Neon for a small start up non-profit"

Pros: It's extremely flexible, customizable, and able to make OOB stuff work with customizations well. There's a pretty extensive list of features available. Their pricing model is highly competitive, and it's easy to understand the pricing structure, which allows you to build the database at your speed.
The vendor is a pleasure to work with and responds to online help inquires very quickly and completely. They have been overly supportive for all the road bumps we have had.

Cons: The product's strength - its customization - is also its biggest challenge. It can be unintuitive to piece certain things together to make a process flow well. It requires a technically adept person to dig into the nuances for a good chunk of the more powerful features. A techie should do well, but a novice would have a difficult time with some of the features that make Neon worth it.

• Reviewed on 2014-08-29
Larry B.
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2015-06-01

"Making my life easy and simple"

Pros: I have used several products with our non-profit but nothing as easy as NeonCRM. I was doing more with Neon in 30 minutes than I could do with other software after days of training. The software just seem to make sense. In the transition from old to new software there were very little surprises and we were able to convert our own data. Every time we asked a hard question there was a clear answer. The Vendor was gracious during the sale making sure we got what we needed and did not purchase what we did not need. But in the base package with Neon we got a lot more than we got from other vendors.

Cons: I really like how the product was configured to fit our need. We got this product at such a good price I was concerned we were not getting enough. That is when I realized they sold me only what they saw us using so our cost for purchase and change over was very affordable. The communication from the vendor was courteous, helpful, and shared with us termonology so we could speak the same language. After a sign congtract and payment we were up and running in just several days. It all seemed too easy.

• Reviewed on 2015-06-01
Ralph L.
Finance Director
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-25

"NEON CRM"

Comments: Good experience

Pros: Being cloud based, donors can give abs and manage their account on their own.

Cons: Reports are difficult to produce at times. And saved reports are difficult to locate.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-25