15 years helping Canadian businesses

About YouTube

YouTube is a video-sharing software that allows users to upload, view, rate, share, and comment on videos.

Learn more about YouTube

Pros:

It's very user-friendly, and very easy to integrate and get started on the platform. The traffic is extensive and it's easy to grow a channel and get your videos to the right audience.

Cons:

Sometimes the troubleshoot required to buffer a 1080p video is frustrating. Removing dislike button is a huge con.

YouTube ratings

4.8
4.2
4.6
4.5

9.3/10

YouTube has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 705 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used YouTube before?

Stephen
Stephen
Graphic design in Nigeria
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

An entertaining platform

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, YouTube as a platform has definitely shaped my life. I've been able to watch different kinds of videos, from movies about cats to learning materials on different topics. My life has really changed due to YouTube, which is an opportunity for content creators from all over the world to reach their audiences. YouTube remains the platform I constantly turn to for entertainment, learning, and motivation, significantly changing my relationship with media and globally.

Pros:

There are so many things to like about YouTube. The variety of content is mind-blowing, from entertainment to sports to news, these content make me open my YouTube app everyday. Some features I like about the platform is the ability to download, save and like videos and the different kinds of engagement I can have with my subscribed channels. I also love the recommendation algorithm which seems to know me more than myself...haha. YouTube has so many adorable features.

Cons:

YouTube gets better with every update though one problem I have is the ads. Sometimes the ads are long and most times it interrupts me when I'm watching a video. I would really like for YouTube to update this so that ads won't display in the middle of videos.

Claudia
Claudia
Estimator in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

YouTube is the modern source of education

Comments: I have been enjoying YouTube for a long time. I consume entertaining, educational and interesting content. I have met a lot of people through this platform and I'm grateful for it.

Pros:

What I like the most is that YouTube acts as a bridge between someone who has something to offer and someone who wants that. In exchange you only give your attention and the platform rewards the creator. YouTube has allowed me to learn incredibly things.

Cons:

The advertising change in 2024. I understand that's the only way to continue supporting creators but it's annoying. Also, the censorship of the platform to "sensitive" content.

ZhiMin
editor in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Good platform but limited function

Comments: I used Youtube for many years for both hosting videos and watch videos.
It's hard to make a living as content creator, it's more than a full time job and one person team.
I wish YouTube has a function that we can replace the video with new edit without changing the link.
YouTube video quality is poor, even 4K, the compression need to be improved.
For the age restriction, the platform needs to explain a bit better, can't be "Is it the video make for minors." A lot of content is PG, but it doesn't mean that's for minors.
Way too much commercials but not enough sharing fee with artists.

Pros:

1. Youtube has a lot of audience and it's easy to access. 2. It's free to host videos. You can show your video editing via YouTube to director and producer. You can share videos with the community. 3. A lot of content.

Cons:

1. You can not replace the video with the same link when you update the edit, Vimeo has that function. 2. The compression of the video is not good, the quality is poor. 3. Too much commercials, very annoying. 4. It's hard to make a living as content created, it's more than a full time job. 5. A lot of content, but also a lot of garbage, you need to be careful with the content suggestion.

Marco
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

YouTube rocks!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Easy to use, fun to look at, gives me somewhat of a social platform. I follow others on it as well. I enjoy consuming information on it as equally as I enjoy uploading my own videos. I like that it’s connected directly to google as well.

Pros:

I like YouTube, it’s really simple to use, easy to post videos, easy to upload the videos, and it’s super handy as it creates a link that I can send to others. Sometimes when I want to send a video and it’s too large to send, I will upload it to YouTube and end people that link.

Cons:

Nothing. It’s great. I also like it for my own personal consumption

Calvin
ERP Implementation SUpport in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

YouTube - Connecting to your customer with hands on content

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: YouTube is one of the best user tools available. It is the new public library. Its day-to-day use is so vital to the fabric of our day-today lives, I think we often that its being there for granted. Only cars, television, cell phones and Google search are used more.

Pros:

It is such a well known product that any user who may be struggling with it can find help somewhere within their own social group

Cons:

Since I am a person who finds fault with everything, this is going to come off as odd,... but I really do not have any problems, in the current state. However, as we utilize the tool more I am sure that I will come up with some (smile).

Hollie
Communications Coordinator in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

YouTube is Key to Our Brand Strategy

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We currently use YouTube to post marketing videos for our schools, as well as live stream our board meetings to make them more accessible. We haven't had any issues and when we have, support has been very helpful to my team. We have found the streaming tools extremely helpful and have garnered a lot of views by using the platform.

Cons:

I have had issues with suppression in the past with some videos - I'm not sure if this is in regards to content or if it was because our videos were not marked for children but sometimes videos will not show up.

Diwakar Dixit
IT Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

A good social media platform to showcase your talent

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I have been using Youtube for almost 10+ years. I have used this platform to upload personal videos and share it with friends and family as you have that option. Supports upto 4K resolution. If you are would like to showcase your talent this is the best platform. I have see many of my friends uploading short movies and getting appreciation. With the youtube subscription(Family plan) you can add up to 6 users and they will enjoy ad free video.

Cons:

I have not faced any issues with Youtube until now.

Themba
Themba
General worker in South Africa
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Youtube video streaming

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I got lot of experience from YouTube videos i stream every day i open phones, i can also install tile,and not only me but many people got assisted by YouTube videos and for that ...I salute!

Pros:

Guys i always stream WhatsApp i also tried to share videos and the highest viewers i only got was 4k but otherwise I'm happy about the app..nice app keep it up!

Cons:

The only time i was disappointed is when i get 18 views after i made 4k views i was soooo disappointed but for streaming video's i gave u 10 stars big up!

Ryan
Director in Japan
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Inexpensive video platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is inexpensive, easy to set up and use, and can access millions around the world

Cons:

It is very few tools or features that help you to make your video visible to new users. This is important when you are hosting, posting videos, or on the admin side. As a user, there are no issues as the algorithm continously recommends new videos in your feed.

Media Production, Self Employed

Informative and entertaining but little diverse

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience was good but everything will be perfect if they had control on ad.

Pros:

It's easy to watch any kind of videos without any restrictions. Secondly for those people who can't write they can also use it by using YouTube mic feature. In short it's simply beginner friendly that what I like.

Cons:

But at the same time I don't like the ad system in YouTube because these are to frequent that the motive to watch the video will be wasted.

Venita
Founder, CEO in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Keeping our customers in the loop!

Comments: I love how fast and easy it is to upload my custom content. Setting up my tags and page info is easy and only has to be done once. I get updates on my analytics and can pull reports for my clients to help them see the reach and growth we have achieved daily using Youtube. One feature I really LOVE is the ability to add links and end screens to my content! This is HUGE in helping my followers find content we are referring to or content they might have missed.

Pros:

I am a content creator and manage multiple client channels. Using Youtube has helped my client target their audience and gain followers that not only support their products but share the videos I create with their followers for additional support. I love how easy it is to upload and manage content.

Cons:

The only "problem" I have is that I can not select my thumbnail easily when I upload my videos. While the thumbnails selected for me are usually ok I would like to insert my own. I understand that if I paid for a subscription I could do this with ease however to keep costs low for my start-up it is not that big of a deal at this time.

Rony Peterson
Rony Peterson
Student in Brazil
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

The most famous video and audio platform

Comments: The large range is the best of this software. Video monetization is not so complicated and with a little bit of money, it is easy to have premium functions.

Pros:

It is very easy and intuitive to post the video on this software. Also, it has a large range of viewers and does not have so many problems with monetization.

Cons:

The automatic subtitles need a more accurate review and adjusts to be better. Also, it is not so easy to see Youtube Shorts.

Abdul
Abdul
Sr. Officer - QA in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

YouTube is the closest thing to Time Machine we can get.

Comments: YouTube is like a teacher who is always there for you, like a wise knowledge provider who will support you no matter what, like a cool friend who will recommend you music and movies, like a storyteller who has visited the world and telling you the fantastic tales in sequences, like a youthful companion who will accompany you 24/7.
Absolutely love and recommend YouTube and I am sure, all other of us enjoy it too.

Pros:

Today while commuting to work suddenly a specific YouTube recommended song came out of nowhere - a song which I have listened to hundreds of times while I was young and forgot about it. This song hit me emotionally so hard that I had to stop driving to enjoy the profound moment. I cannot but praise the amazing recommendation algorithm this site provides - makes me feel glad to be born in this era to experience such advantages. YouTube always has been my virtual teacher. I remember during my college days I used to go through YouTube tutorials to understand the topics I am going to write about. Frankly, it would have been tremendously difficult to pass for me if I hadn't taken the assistance of this amazing platform. To this day, at work or amongst friends, when I find difficulties I always take support from here, and to be truthful, I never have been disappointed. YouTube has allured me to visit the world, to learn, and to appreciate what nature has offered us. Impressed by YouTube travel content, I took the daunting task of solo travel to Kerala - India, and I never have had to look back. YouTube is like my personal guide where hundreds of amazing people acknowledge me about everything and every aspect. I have never uploaded video's on YouTube, but my closest friend is a professional YouTuber and often mentions the ease of using YouTube and the benefits of making important content. In the future, I also may make some useful videos and supply them to the world via YT.

Cons:

Recently, I feel the excessiveness of unnecessary Ad's on Youtube, really kills off the vibe. Also, just audio features would be nice. Many of us like to listen to music by it using mobile phones but it is hard as we have to keep the command window open and it often interrupts the ongoing media - very irritating.

Ifedolapo
Ifedolapo
Owner in Nigeria
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Best video sharing/streaming platform

Comments: I love using YouTube. I learn new things and also get entertained with music videos and movies.In my opinion, there's no other video sharing platform that comes close to YouTube.It's literally the best!

Pros:

I love the fact that it contains videos on diverse topics.Where I live, YouTube is known as "the encyclopedia".This is because, any information can be found on YouTube.Are you a student and need to learn more on a particular topic? YouTube is the place to go.Do you need to hear people's opinions on a product? visit YouTube.Movies, music videos, podcast, news, and so much more can be found on YouTube.In addition, even though YouTube contains a wide range of information, it's completely easy to use.I mean one would expect such a software to have complex features, but that's not the case here.

Cons:

Sometimes, the subtitles malfunction and it does not match what's being said in the video.I also hate that, there are a lot of ads on YouTube free version.

Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Industry standard in video promotion

Pros:

Our association uses youtube frequently to post videos about our members, what our association is up to, and to provide educational opportunities to members. Youtube makes it easy to create different accounts within the same channel. This is vital for membership organizations who have content that they want to restrict to members only or only to certain members. The platform is easy to use and videos can be uploaded, posted and shared in the matter of a couple of minutes. There are many competitors out there, but this is by far the industry standard and where most people watch videos online.

Cons:

I have heard little of professional organizations having issues with Youtube and censorship of content. However, there are many history related creators who in recent years have had videos censored or removed without recourse or explanation other than a vague statement of violating community standards. For most professional organizations, you are probably in the clear on this issue, for other creators that deal with controversial or uncomfortable subjects, look for a different platform. While there are many content creators who are able to monetize their accounts, for a smaller professional association whose videos only get a couple of hundred views at most, youtube monetization is not a worthwhile endeavor.

Safiya
Performing artist in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Free hosting

Comments: I just read an email from YouTube announcing that they'll be launching YouTube handles soon.I love the popularity and wide acceptance of YouTube, I love the opportunity to reach people I otherwise wouldn't encounter. I don't love the cons that come with it and the tradeoff of control.

Pros:

YouTube is a very popular platform and the most ideal to share to social media or anywhere else. I see YouTube videos everywhere. Hosting an individualized channel costs nothing. Viewers watch any video in any order, any segment, better chance of something grabbing their attention.

Cons:

Since YouTube is public some control is given up and live stream can be difficult to start, there are a lot of rules. Accounts can be disabled for any or no reason.Advertising isn't controlled by the host, any ad can be shown on any channel without approval. If viewers don't like an ad they might move on, costing me viewers/customers at no fault of my own. That doesn't sit well with me. In any case the ads also interrupt and distract viewers.YouTube can be distracting to hosts, online bullying or harassment is hard to control.

Sandeep
Sandeep
Student in Nepal
Veterinary Software, 51–200 Employees

Youtube : An Unstoppable Source of Information and Entertainment

Comments: It has been a good and a reliable source of information for me as well as a medium that i can rely for entertainment.

Pros:

You can surf any videos of your choice. The searching option is so good that if you search certain part lf the lyrics it will show you the full song. The YT shorts are making the YT more fun to use today as the market is overwhelmed by TikTok short videos. YT offers you the popular videos and songs ac to your region you are staying. It's free to Log in and to Upload videos. You can also use YouTube for monitization. Videos warn you if the contents can trigger certain group of people beforehand.

Cons:

There are not much Cons but what i hate the most is even when I don't subscribe certain channels i get notifications from them if i have watched there videos in the past. Youtube doesnt let you download the videos into your cell directly but has a option of in-built offline downloads within application. The most annoying part are the advertisement that appears in YouTube.

Shimaa
radiologist and freelancer in Egypt
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Youtube Review

Comments: It enables me to find many scientific lectures in all languages that helped me a lot during my study and career overall.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and available everywhere, provide subtitles in many languages, videos in variable quality, enables high rate or slow rate and innumerable videos about everything you may think of. If you want to search for something particular you will find many videos and reviews about it in many languages and subtitles. It is very useful in whatever you want entertainment or career, it helped me a lot during all my study years and now in my career provide me by many scientific lectures from allover the world. you can simply listen to music or watch movies or do sport or even watch cooking videos. It is a daily used application that will never let you down.

Cons:

sometimes the ads. are long duration and you can't skip but most of the time they choose ads that you may be interested in so that you can enjoy them.

Youssef
Designer in Egypt
Computer Software, Self Employed

YouTube before and after now

Comments: I want to say that YouTube in general is beautiful and excellent, but I want them to make it possible to watch videos on the floating screen

Pros:

YouTube is now available for you to do anything from writing comments, posting videos, increasing the creator of the content, and great features. It was before you watched the videos, and the situation was somewhat restricted, and now it is available for you to do whatever you want, and it is available for you to watch the videos Short articles and sending posters feature thanks and cooperation with the creator of the content. There are many advantages that are indispensable. If that was long, I would have talked about it.

Cons:

Although YouTube has many advantages, it has minor defects, including that you cannot play the video on the main screen floating while browsing like other platforms, but it is available when subscribing to YouTube Premium, and this I do not like about it, and also in downloading where I cannot watch Some videos when not resorting to the Internet and others, but they do not interest me in general, but rather from some defects, but they may be simple

Cushi
Cushi
Owner/Coach in Bermuda
E-Learning, Self Employed

The go-to platform to share your voice or listen to someone else's

Comments: YouTube has been a great way for me to share my ideas and knowledge in a way that allows me to grow an audience of potential customers. YouTube also provides a wealth of information on any topic and I have often relied on YouTube to learn new skills or deepen my understanding of topics that are important to me and my business.

Pros:

YouTube is a phenomenal platform for business growth and provides an opportunity for business owners to share free content that connects with their audience and target market. YouTube makes it easy to share your ideas and knowledge, to categorize different topics you may talk about, and in general can be utilized in a variety of different ways for a variety of different purposes. It's versatility and large audience/user base makes it an asset for any businesses marketing strategy.

Cons:

YouTube and other large social media have recently been criticized for limiting free speech. This is a fine line, because their community guidelines are designed to protect users, but can sometimes infringe on the right to free speech. This can make it difficult as a content creator depending on the kind of content you share.

Sanganagouda
Assistant Professor in India
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Share or Go Live With YouTube at No Cost.

Comments: YouTube is a valuable tool for people who want to share videos and reach a large audience. It is free and worth trying.

Pros:

1. YouTube has community features, allowing users to interact with other users through comments, likes, and subscriptions.2. YouTube has a mobile app, to watch and upload videos on the go.3. It has built-in video editing tools, making it easy to edit their videos without the need for external software.4. It offers analytics tools, to track the performance of their videos and make data-driven decisions.5. YouTube offers live streaming capabilities to stream live events and interact with their audience in real-time.

Cons:

YouTube controls the ads that are displayed on videos, which can be frustrating for some users. It has limited privacy options, making it difficult for users to control who sees their videos.

Anurag
student in India
Internet, Self Employed

youtube review

Pros:

Beside being the go-to hotspot for finding recordings on any point under the sun, YouTube makes it simple for anybody to implant recordings onto their own site. The effortlessness of transferring and implanting a YouTube video has made it a helpful on location video the board choice for individual site proprietors, private companies, and, surprisingly, those procuring countless dollars in yearly income. One of the most mind-blowing pieces of utilizing YouTube to deal with the video on your site is that the substance is facilitated for nothing, graciousness of YouTube. As a singular site proprietor or a private venture, the last thing you need to need to stress over (or shell out cash for) is video conveyance data transfer capacity.

Cons:

muddled and tedious, costly, you actually need to transfer recordings to YouTube.costly, extended agreements to be marked, the evaluating structure is horrible to little medium estimated organizations, you actually need to transfer your recordings to YouTube. Certain individuals use YouTube to get fast distinction. Certain individuals will generally copy VIPs and rich and popular and this might entice them to engage in risky measures.You can undoubtedly get snared or fixated on specific substance causing you to trust that the substance makers (YouTubers) you watch are your companions since you believe you realize them actually founded on the kind of satisfied they share.Depending on the quantity of bought in channels, there is in every case new happy that is constantly transferred day to day and at times you can fall behind in the event that you don't get to your YouTube for certain days.

Libraries, 2–10 Employees

YouTube is where we host our feature showcases, troubleshooting and informational videos

Comments: My experience with YouTube has been excellent, it is really flawless the way we have been using it.

Pros:

YouTube is great for hosting videos and making those accessible to a wide audience of people. We host our feature showcases, troubleshooting and informational videos for our SaaS product I like how easy it is to upload videos to YouTube and how straight-forward it is to add details to the video. Sharing options are excellent, you can share via social media with a simple link.

Cons:

Really there is nothing to not like about YouTube, though the only thing I would say it that since it is a Google product you can never be 100% sure what its future would be. I don't mean they would dump it and end of life it like other products, but you can't be sure what direction they might take it at any time. That's why I wouldn't want to be too beholden on it as a platform - for example if you were a full time content creator you would want to have a backup option or a number of different platforms to get your work out there.

Muhammad Aamer
Muhammad Aamer
Full stack developer in Saudi Arabia
Real Estate, Self Employed

Youtube is a everything for this world

Comments: Youtube is a great platform for everything i mean from learning to entertainment and from content creation to a business.
Youtube allows you to upload videos for free which can earn you money.

Pros:

The thing I like the most about youtube is that it is free to watch and it is free to upload videos to. And if you have a talent you can start your content creation for absolutely free which can give you a great business if people like you i mean youtube allows you to have a business without investing anything

Cons:

The thing i like the least about the youtube is the thing and everyone dislikes i mean the unskippable ads. If youtube only display the skippable ads it will be great so only the interested people will watch the ads.

Amanda
designer in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The Youtube is amazing!

Comments: I like the fact that Youtube gives opportunities for people to grow financially by posting content on the platform, in addition to giving space to learning, by making it easier to access knowledge through video lessons or content related to certain school or academic subjects.

Pros:

YouTube is a very user-friendly application, as well as being very affordable. It is wide, bringing not only entertainment, but also information and interesting content. Its recommendations are very helpful, based on the user's search history.

Cons:

I feel satisfied with the tools made available by youtube, but I believe it would be interesting to add some more beautiful effects to youtube shorts, to encourage users to post more videos on the platform.