About LS Retail
A unified commerce solution (ERP + POS) for retail and hospitality built on Microsoft dynamics technology
Easy to go with Microsoft Dynamics Navision and other ERP systems.
Lack of documentation is my main concern about the product. Support from LS Retail can be quit difficult.
Filter reviews (123)
Ls NAV is very good application for retail mgt. Most of the features & functions are out of the box
Easy to implement
Easy to manage
Easy to configure
Easy to Monitor
Easy to evaluate
Many of the functionalities are driven by setup. Its just plug and play. LS DD Powerful tool for the data replication. It is a complete package for retail. Customizations to suit desired needs are 1% maximum since all functionalites are out of the box
There are no much concerns about this software. The one and only difficulty is training. It is hard to find the Training and the Trainer.
All-in one Retail Solution for a plug and play action
Comments: Retail Business in Sri Lanka is not well-managed when it comes to Resource Planning and Finance Management. Sri Lankan IT Industry is highly competitive in introducing a modernly made Retail Management Software Solution to make things go ahead in Retail sales industry with efficiency and good standard, and herewith LS Retail and its business logic designs as an Implementation person I did see bigger advantages to follow a well-developed framework. LS Retail was a Thumbs up from both the Implementer and the End-Customer.
Wide-spread Configuration capability is a huge plus point selecting this as the main Retail Solution for a Retail operations-driven Business or an Enterprise. LS Retail has the capability to deploy as a vertical software solution for Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central which makes the solution proposals more competent and viable. In terms of UI/UX, the user-friendliness is an achieved goal metrics here at LS Retail.
Although the capacity to configure the system is given at a performable level as a Deployer I am keen for good development capabilities to be carried out, overlayed or extended. At the moment the pricing structure is not that viable for South Asian Market from implementation and proposal development experience.
We had the chance to implement LS. NAV Version 800.03 and version 900.05 at different client site.
The screen is intuitive and easy to use. The functionality does not seem overwhelming or hard to understand. It pack with features and also works with different variation type of retailers- a pure retail store and or hospitality type. It can all be taken care by one system. You can also customize the application to fit your needs such as hide features for some users or also integrate new functionality such as payment integration. I like that it is web enabled which means that a retailer that want to have an Omni channel system can integrate their econmerce to this back office
Support or response are very slow from LS. Also for any fixes and hot fixes they provide is one the latest version of Dynamics NAV. This means that it is very hard to retrofit hotfixes from one version to the other. A good example are from version 900.03 to the newer 10.00.05. The fixes were not evident or detailed as it should have been. Also the software seems to be over promised. There are features listed that although present - does not fully cover the necessity of the client. A good example is again on version9.00.05 which although advertised as have a good coverage for hospitality- restaurant/bar, there were lots of issues or limitation of the software. The software may allow you to do some configurations and suggest some functionality but it does not work in the context of North America or lead to hard errors with system crash. Such errors were found and are still present in their split bill function for example. The cost is high as well since it is built on top of the dynamics nav stack.
Value for your dollars!!!
Comments: The solution was implemented in a multidimensional organisation with POS's, backend and frontend users. The ability to have everything (>90%) of your needs fulfilled is a fantastic feat.
The ability for the software solution to work for you straight out of the box and then provide the adaptability and also extensive modularity is amazing.
The lack of a Human Resources aspect. Well there is HR involved but its very limited.
Great business value
Comments: Customer service, replenishment, retail operations, accounting, inventory, store management
Integrated solution, ease of use, world-class product, great functionality
Some tardiness in the technical response
LS Nav is a high quality solution from a top retail partner
Comments: I used LS NAV in the Retail and was part of the implementation process. It is easy to lean and has a very intuitive user interface that most people get familiar with very quickly. It is customizable and in the lower end of the price range for the features you get. However customization can get expensive if you need features that are not out of the box.
Seamless integration with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, highly configurable point of sale user interface, the promotions (discount offers, mix/match, happy hour, buy x get y free, etc.) works very well and is very intuitive once you have used it for a little bit, LS Retail is constantly investing in their solution
No Security related to tables, Transaction margin, If you customize too much Microsoft Dynamics NAV you can have problems down the line. The inbuilt reports feature is not fantastic.
Good Product with Valuable Price
Comments: LS Retail is company that provide a solutions focusing in retail and hospitality. I am using one of their product, LS NAV. The product was very rich features and functionality, its suite to any business process that i am facing for all client. Whenever, the client has a specific requirement, the system can be customized with some effort. Rich features always means high complexity. And, the product is quite expensive for small retail business. But, overall the system is fine.
Rich features and functionality, stable because it's an add-on on top of Dynamics NAV/365 BC that strong in the accounting. Configurable with needed of good knowledge of the system.
The support team is not really helpful. Quite expensive product.
As a project consultant of LS NAV for 4 years, this is the software that is easy to manage.
Comments: An active enhancement plan is a vital part of making the most of LS Retail solution, whether it's LS Nav, LS One, or LS First. There are many benefits of being on active enhancement plan that many retailers do not realize, and re-enrolling as a lapsed customer can be costly and time-consuming. With an active enhancement plan, you can provide an excellent customer experience that doesn't end after the license has been purchased.
The most I like with LS NAV software is the compatibility with other modules. End-to-End business process.
The least that I like with LS NAV is the monthly update of fix objects, which I don't find it easy for me to catch up regularly since I'm on a project phase.
LS NAV is nice product for retail industry however hospitality side of functionality still have bugs
- Most stable Retail add-on for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Ease of implementation
- Ease of configuration and customization
- Capability to handle large store network
- Simple architect - Ease of use - Seamless integration with NAV - Data replication is stable - Promotion are easy to setup and publish across stores
- Member management - No API for e-commerce - Cost of product for customers - Hospitality retail - Split bill function - Weak process in enabling the depth in product, few errors or bugs or limited functions remains as it though it plays a huge role in customer's buying decision.
Great software, with great room to grow.
Comments: Organization on all the companies that with have implemented this product.
- Easy to use. - Great integration with every Microsoft system. - Easy management. - Excellent support.
- A little bit pricy for some clients. - It should be more open to customization. - More support forums should be created. -
Its a good Application, flexible, leverages NAV capabilities. East to use , easy to deploy.
It is adaptive, flexible architecture. Easy to develop customisations and deployment. simplicity of Pos Features. Integrated application to Inventory and Finance. Discounts , Promotions, Loyalty module. Multiple templates in demo data.
POS Configuration such as panels & design is quite complicated for users to grasp. Also it is not easy for customers to absorb. Replenishment setups needs lots of visualisation, setups take time, data maintenance is complicated. Lack of tools such as label printing configurator, OPOS Receipt configurator. Promotions have performance issues for large retailers. Product maintenance is time consuming. Mass update of products is unavailable. Special orders are quite complicated and need to be simplified. Loyalty needs more profiling . Vouchers and Gift cards needs more details, using web services is not consistent due to traffic in Transaction server work table bottleneck. Staff management need to simplified for users usage. LS Hospitality KDS has lots of issues still not addressed for years. Licensing is expensive compare to other competitive products in the market which is most important and losing against the competitive products with lots of easy maintenance features.
I am a software developer, who works most of the time for LS Retail projects
Comments: My company has integrated this software with many customers in different countries and all of them are more than happy from the product and the benefits that it brings to their business - flexible and varied types of promotions , loyalty system, easy to use POS system, social media integrations ,etc.
It includes variety of functionalities - loyalty system, hospitality, web integrations, flexible promotions, retail POS, call center functionality, delivery management . It encompasses many aspects of retail business. You have the possibility to setup it in a way that fits to your business. Fast replication between different stores and the central database. Possibility for near real time replication of the sells data from the point of sale to the central database, provided by web services. Possibility to manage centralized gift card, discount coupons, loyalty card systems, provided by build in web services
Initial setup takes time and you need guidance from experienced consultant. Technical staff is needed to support and monitor the proper functioning of the software ( especially if you have many stores,because of data replication and web service connection between them )
Review on LS Retail
1. I have worked on some other retail and hospitality solutions as well but i feel LS retail complete major requirements compare to other solutions.
2. LS retail is complete pack which offer multiple verticals of retail industry like front POS, Back office, Member management, Staff management, replenishment and Loss prevention etc.
3. It is easy to customize as compare to other solutions also it is easy to integrate with other solutions.
4. LS Hospitality also offer long list of features but there are some other hospitality solutions which offer more features but we need to integrate those solution with ERP like Navision but LS Hospitality is already vertical of Microsoft Dynamic Navision.
1. Support Online,Offline and mixed architecture 2. Data flow between two different database like Head office and POS 3. Real time transaction replication through web services 4. Offers & Promotions with coupons and vouchers 5. Inventory Management 6. Strong store backoffice functionalities like cash management 7. Recipe Management for Hospitality 8. Mobile app and Kitchen Display for Hospitality 9. Replenishment
1. Staff Management is little complex 2. Some functionality is missing in member management/Loyalty if we compare with dedicated loyalty solutions
LS Retail Review
Comments: For businesses who need to manage stores in different location and have data replicated centrally to the head office for financial management, LS Retail is a good choice. Some modules for LS Retail still have bugs, it requires partners who have development team to help to fix during implementation because of the limited resource of LS Retail internal development team.
The functionality LS Retail provide covers all the aspects of retail businesses.
Complicated. For some retail business, LS Retail will be super complicated. Other software like ChargeLogic Retail can be considered.
Best ERP for Retail Industry.
One of the best things about LS Retail is that it has been built on the most efficient SMB ERP Software(Navision). Its Data model is the best in the industry. LS Retail brings out the best features to enrich your Retail Business. You Can Customize the Product as per your Business needs and it helps to see the growth of the firm transparently.
We experienced some latency in data replication and that was not been resolved for quite some time. we spent a couple of days to figure what was the issue. still, that can be easily overseen.
LS Retail for the modern world
The solution is of a high quality and has a rounded feature set for the modern workplace.
Ability to manage retail and hospitality in a single solution.
Sometimes over complex for simple provesses
One platform but still need to have more features
Comments: Goods to be the one platform but some features cannot compete with local software.
- One Platform (ERP & POS) - Data Director is the best tool - Scaleable software - Priority on offers
- Promotion, ex. birthday promotion, every of my customers complain on this a lot. Coz, the system you will trigger this only exact date of end customer birthday, which not good enough. Normally, they want option like 1. be Month Birthday or +- 15 days from end customer's birthday - On Mobile, local software can support on this a lot esp. hospitality - Web POS, quite slow - Hardware, your system required spect of hardware that very high performance esp. Store DB - Customer wants wise Retail on POS, they want the system to suggest what end customers should purchase - Loss prevention should include in standard, the price is too high - Still have some bugs - 3 levels of items are not enough. (Division, Category, Product group) - Auto post statement, imagine if there are more than 50+ store, a user have to come to post statement every morning, it is not practical to do. You should provide setup to do that and if not success should send email
This is one of the best retail solution I have ever seen.Its ideal ERP solution for mid size firms.
Comments: I've been working on this product as consultant since last 6 years.worked for 3 different organisations on same platform.Its benefits organisation with his powerful features n trustworthy behaviour.
Best features abt LS Nav is Loyalty management.its is helpful to attract more customers to shop by developing your own loyalty data on each shopping. The feature which I like most about LS Nav is its Offer management.its provides organization to run different types of items on same product to increase sales.its provide different offers options like mix n match, multibuy, promotion, slab etc.
There is hardly any issue which I have seen with this product.Other than per year licensing part, this product is very reasonable and cost-effective for the organization
LS Retail The Middle Market Retail POS Solution
1. It overall Look and Highly customizable Features. 2. Integration with almost any dotnet or API based soluition. 3. Mobile POS Solution are even more comfy. 4. Mobile App for each and every module(Retail,Warehouse,Inventory Management,LS Pay etc) 5. INtegration on ALL possible NAV updates of Microsoft Dynamics NAV startion from 3.0 to 14.xx till date.
1. Issues in Coalation and Arabic Languages. 2. Costly due to created on NAV base. 3. Should have a different billing solution except LS NAV for Small level shops. 4. ect
Best Retail Solutions
Comments: I have been using LS Retail since 2009 with Various Microsoft Dynamics Navision's versions. I have able to systemised almost all the area of our companies business into ERP with the integration with LS Retail.
Easy to go with Microsoft Dynamics Navision and other ERP systems. Any discount System can be configured to automate the cashiering system which includes for Tender types, Banks, discount coupon, Gift Voucher, Date & Time-based discount, Quantity based discount and much more.
Length of the Invoice number in the POS system can not be controlled as of now it is an alphanumeric of more than 12 digits.
LS Retail for Supermarkets
I do not know of any product that comes close to LS Retail when it comes to super/hyper markets. It can be setup as online or offline cash registers. Synchronization with HQ is extensive. Promotions and offers are extensive. User interface is fully customizable. It's an end-to-end solution that works on top of Microsoft Dynamics NAV which makes everything seamless. No interfaces or integration with the problems that come with them are needed.
Support resources are scarce and hardware requirements are high if you are planning for an on-premise setup
I am a LS Retail technical Consultant
Comments: Lots of Job Scope as this product provide a lot of Development Scope and Easily Customizable to fulfill the Client needs. More user friendly as like android application of Phones. Modules for each industry from Manufacturing to Retail Outlets
1. Highly Customizable. 2. Fully integrated with base product. 3. Support any API Channel across the retail API. 4. Lots of replication methods. 5. Profit oriented product. 6. designed for Retail industry ERP.
1. Need preview options in designing tables and other interface objects. 2. Very slow Localization patch release as compared to release of patches provided by Microsoft.
LS Retail is a one stop solution for Retail POS
Ease of Use and functionality available on POS. It captures all the essential features required be it related to Replenishment, Loyalty and Member Management, Gift Card, Credit Note on Sales Return
The discount feature is not robust. It does not offer much usage flexibility and becomes a bottleneck in the current dynamic environment when both brick & mortar establishments with e-Commerce are moving in ahead jointly in such volatile and cut throat retail industry business. The LS offerings in discount is highly lacking in terms of support and are incapable to handle multiple and diverse discount feature processes required in todays time to retain loyal members of different retail brand.
Pro & Cons about LS Retail
Comments: overall I satisfied with the software and the capability, especially for the data director that can replicate data back to server and it's configurable base on ur needs. Not only pos data that you can replicate but also customize table also can replicate using DD.
it has a lot of features and functionality and it's configurable. The best thing it's work semi offline and online. it has data director that help you to replicate data back to server. it's also easy for user to use the software.
it's hard to do customization and enhance the software. A lot of restriction in the coding in order to enhance it.
You will have all the features you want it on the retail field.
the stability and the functionality. I tried another software, I think the Ls retail is one of the best for retail industry. easy to use, learn, troubleshooting, implement. Really you will have all the features you want it on the retail field.
the performance issue and the upgrade. it will be a huge difference if you find an easy way to make the upgrade and to find some way to enhance the improvement as well. also I think you must find an easy way to shrink the database, because as you know the retail business have a huge transaction and information.