About Indy

Indy is a productivity platform for managing independent businesses, from contract creation to getting paid and everything in between.

Learn more about Indy

Indy ratings

4.7
4.9
4.4
4.8

9.0/10

Indy has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 97 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Indy before?

Digital Strategist and Designer in Philippines
Design, Self Employed

Indy is the best replacement I've ever found so far.

Pros:

I am living in a country where the dollar conversion is really huge. I used HelloBonsai before but I cannot keep up with its pricing. When I found Indy, I can say that this is the most affordable CRM I found. Also, it has the robust features that I love the most and looked for a CRM - creating proposals and contracts, adding contact, creating projects, time tracking, task tracking and file management. They also have a chat feature which I never used but can be an edge to any other CRM out there. For a freelancer/one-person agency, Indy saved my time from client management and organized everything for me.

Cons:

I can see that Indy is fairly new in the market. There are things that needs to be improved on such as currency localization. Right now, they only accept USD as currency for invoices. I hope they can globalize in the future. Also, I want to point out about automation. I hope we can add few more automations in the system.

8 months ago

Hi there! We're happy to hear that you were able to find a tool that meant your business needs at an affordable price. That's our main mission here at Indy you need a tool that works as hard as you do without breaking the bank. Thanks for the feedback. Global currencies are on our radar and we're hoping for a release very soon. We're also looking at ways to improve our product and automation is an area we'd like to explore. If there are specific automations you'd like to see here, please let us know!!

Evan
Makeup Artist in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Affordable and User-Friendly, Constantly Improving with User Feedback

Comments: Overall, I have not had issues with Indy and will continue to use it. I find it extremely helpful for me as a small business owner to find an all in one experience for my business needs without breaking the bank.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to create contracts and invoices on the fly. The customer service is pretty responsive in terms of timeliness and active listening.

Cons:

I would like to see the ability to link contracts and invoices together for the same client so they can have all of the information at once. I also would like to see the ability for automatic payments for remaining balances after deposits are paid.

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook, PayPal and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Indy: Wave was similar but lacked contracts at the time. Honeybook was a little too robust for me. The learning curve was huge. I wish Indy would improve their features to compete with these platforms while retaining that low annual price. These other platforms are very expensive and that was another reason I switched.

Switched From: HoneyBook and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Ease-of-use pricing

4 months ago

Hi Evan, we're happy to hear that Indy has helped streamline contract and invoice creation for your business. Also, thanks for the valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve the ability to bundle documents (sending contracts with invoices attached) (bundled documents) and auto-payments are considerations. Be sure to keep an eye on our changelog to stay up to date on releases. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or more amazing feedback.

Marissa
Photography, Self Employed

It’s okay

Comments: It’s just okay…but I’ll need something more robust.

Pros:

It’s a place where creatives can organize and manage things/business aspects that are typically hard to manage all in one place. Also I like that they lowered the price because it doesn’t really offer ALL of the features of business management that other software offers.

Cons:

It’s too basic…lacks in important areas like accounting, exporting documentation, client management…these areas aren’t fully developed. Makes tracking difficult come tax time… can’t customize things… also you can’t integrate Indy with other business management tools

last year

Hi Marissa, thank you for taking the time to leave us all this great feedback. We're glad to hear that our all-in-one productivity tool has been helpful in keeping your business organized. We also appreciate the feedback, it's important to know where we can grow. We built our tool to be simple and lightweight but we are working on expanding our feature set to provide more robust tools. I've shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to introducing you to these new features in the future.

Eli
Freelance Content Writer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great Invoicing Tool. Needs Work on Contact/Project Management.

Pros:

It's incredibly simple to create custom invoices. The task management feature is great for individual freelancers. Easy to create contracts with little effort Comes with time tracking and proposal creation features Great for a freelancer who wants to look professional, but lacks the team to do it

Cons:

The project management feature only allows for two views It doesn't integrate well with its own calendar Cannot schedule tasks by time without significant effort Contact creation features feel unusually rigid Not ideal to manage a team of freelancers

4 months ago

Hi Eli, we're happy to hear that you found Indy easy to use and that you are enjoying Invoices. Thanks for the feedback on where we can improve! We'd love to chat with you more about these items and ensure we're on the same page. Please reach to our support team so we can review these items in greater detail.

Caroline
Founder + CEO in US

Best platform for small businesses!

Comments: My overall experience with Indy has been incredible. I worked with them when they were still known as Tispr, and even through their entire rebranding, they were super communicative and helpful. I think they're providing freelancers and small business owners with all of the tools they need to be successful. As a user, it's easy to see that the team genuinely cares about helping their customers succeed rather than just collect a subscription fee every month. Using Indy has made it easy to stay on top of the side of business that nobody enjoys (invoicing, contracts, proposals, etc.)

Pros:

This website really has everything you need in order to run your small business. From invoicing, to contracts, to project management — it's truly an all-in-one tool! Plus, the price is unbeatable. I still can't believe that they offer all these tools for such a low price. It's super easy to use on both the business and client's end. I've used it since I started my business in early 2020 and haven't had any clients encounter problems with paying invoices or signing contracts via Indy. I've recommended this tool to every small business owner I know because of it's affordability and ease of use.

Cons:

I would love to see more automation tools!

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook, Quickbooks Online and Bonsai.io

Reasons for Switching to Indy: The pricing was unbeatable. Indy provided all of the tools and capabilities I was looking for in a product for a fraction of the cost.

last year

Caroline, thank you for you being a valued Indy member! We are so happy to hear that Indy allows you to manage your clients, contracts, and invoices with ease. Our team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members' expectations. Thank you for the feedback on automation. I will be sure to share this with the team for feature consideration.

Bruklin
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Love them

Pros:

I have been using Indy for a short period of time but in that time, I have accomplished a lot in my business. Indy has helped me stay on top of my tasks and get organized when I am feeling overwhelmed by my number of clients. I appreciate that things can be archived but very rarely can you completely delete something. I love the time tracking feature, it has prevented me from using multiple different software. Everything I need for my virtual assistance business is in one place

Cons:

Contracts should be a little more detailed in things we can edit. While many important things are provided in templates, there have been times where I have had to copy and paste my contracts into a word document so that I can add or redact certain things. This can be a bit of a grueling task. I also wish the app had more capabilities.

Alternatives Considered: Dubsado and Adobe Acrobat

Reasons for Switching to Indy: I chose Indy because it gives me everything I need without any confusion. Other programs were either missing aspects necessary for my business or they were not as functional as I needed them to be.

4 months ago

Hi Bruklin, it's truly amazing to hear how Indy helped streamline and organize your business operations. We really appreciate the feedback and love! You actually can edit our contract templates to remove or add text and clauses. The step-by-step wizard helps you fill out the basic contract information. On the last step (either step 3 or 8 depending on which contract you're using), there is a button that will let you fully customize the contract. It is a bit hidden in the process so we'll be sure to find ways to improve that. We'd love to hear more about the capabilities you'd like to see on Indy please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team to review further.

Carrie
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Indy review

Comments: Indy has been a huge help to me as a new business owner. The contracts alone were worth every penny of this software. I could not have launched a new business without the help that Indy gave me. It saved me a ton of time that I could use to concentrate on my business content.

Pros:

Indy is a fantastic and affordable program to assist small business owners with keeping track of projects, invoices, time, and customer information. I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for a one stop shop to help with business needs.

Cons:

The only piece of Indy that I think needs some rethinking would be the manual time tracker. It is a lot of scrolling can lead to mistakes with input which then gives false reporting on time. Being able to enter the numbers or after you enter the initial time, giving a close approximate on the second time entry would make it more user friendly.

Alternatives Considered: Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Google Workspace did not offer what Indy does in contracts and time tracking. It is definitely much less user friendly

4 months ago

Hi Carrie, it's great to hear that Indy's all-in-one productivity tool has helped your new business, especially with contracts since those are so important to protect you and your business. Thanks for the feedback on Time Tracker! We'll take a look and see how we can fix these issues. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other insights on Time Tracker. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Nathan
Freelancer in US

VERY responsive customer service

Comments: I loved their forms and their project proposals. I hit a wall with their integrations and the chat platform. They're US-centric at the moment but they told me they're rolling out international currency support in a few weeks.

Pros:

Very friendly to use, very easy to integrate forms with my Squarespace website with a block of code

Cons:

Integrations. Very few integrations (as yet). You would use a lot of this INSTEAD OF Google Workspace.

9 months ago

Hi Nathan, thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed using Indy's Forms and Proposals tools. International support is something we're focusing on and we have some exciting releases coming out for that shortly. Intregations are also something we're looking into. Please let our support team know if there are any specific integrations you'd like to see (outside of the CRM and email integrations that have been discussed). All the best!

Ryan
UX designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Indy takes care of business

Comments: I'll use Indy over Bonsai and the other competitors because there is a free model that suits my needs for now, along with room to grow into paid models when I pick up more work.

Pros:

Many logistical aspects of preparing proposals and contracts are difficult for freelance workers to learn on the go. Indy makes it easy for people like me to take care of these necessary professional aspects without the steep learning curve of learning to draft contracts.

Cons:

There are a number of aspects in the proposal drafting that lack flexibility. When including an estimate, sometimes it is helpful to have a line item with quantity zero (0) to present the client with optional add-ons. Additionally, a "discount" line item appear and cannot be removed; it's a bad optic to show a client "hey, some people get a discount but not YOU. Discount is ZERO DOLLARS."

9 months ago

Hi Ryan, thanks for being a valued member. We understand that creating proposals and contracts can be daunting so we're happy to hear that Indy has helped ease the learning curve. We'd love to talk with you more about line items and see if you're looking for more flexibility there or the ability to create packages for your clients to choose from. Regarding the discount in proposals, we've actually released an update last week that should fix this issue. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you still see this issue.

UX/UI Designer in US

Easy for freelancers

Pros:

It’s incredibly easy to use and deploy and the value for the monthly cost is unmatched.

Cons:

The ability to design your documents and invoices could be improved. It’s templated to look very basic currently.

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Indy: The price of Indy was significantly less.

last year

Hi there! Thank you for being an Indy member. It's great to hear that Indy has been able to help your business at a fraction of the cost of the other tool you were using. I've shared your feedback about adding more customizability to documents and invoices with the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if there's anything else you'd like to see on Indy.

Emma
Principal Residential Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

A really great software for contracted small business owners

Comments: Overall, Indy has made billing, invoicing, and receiving payments much easier than how I was keeping track of things before. The whole platform has reduced my time spent filing and organizing as well, and it is nice to be able to do lots of things in once place. I was introduced to Indy through User Testing and realized it was a tool I could use for my own business, and since using the Pro version for the past few months the product has only improved. The pricing is wonderful, especially for single small business owners where expenses are a huge concern, and it is definitely worth the price. I would like to see more integration with other products (like Google Drive) so the two main platforms I use can be seamlessly integrated and updated all the time no matter which platform I am in. It is an extremely helpful software and platform that I am very happy I was introduced to, and I am looking forward to future improvements and updates as time goes on.

Pros:

Invoicing and Billing is the most important part of the so that I use, and the current set-up is very easy to use and saves me lots of time compared to how I kept track of my billable hours before Indy. Different features are easily integrated together, like making existing project tasks and times into tracked time sessions with billing rates. Being able to connect my existing Google calendar (which is what I mainly use to keep track of time slots for tasks) and then being able to further edit and assign tasks later on in Indy is very easy and helpful so I can quickly add tasks on the go or in the field and organize later. Having multiple and interchangeable options for payment has made accepting payments much easier and faster for my clients. Keeping projects, clients, tasks, etc. all organized and grouped together is relatively easy and is easy to do in multiple locations. The app is also great in times that I need to access info on the go or whenever I am not in front of my computer. Overall, I think everything is pretty helpful so far and is always improving.

Cons:

It is sometimes unclear if assigning emails and "types" to people are going to alert them or send them emails when they are added, so having alerts or ways to confirm what is being sent and emailed (or evening having the option to not send anything without approval first) would be very helpful to make sure my clients aren't getting confused with several emails and making them use things that are not needed. When I sent out my first invoice using Indy, it was really difficult to see in preview what the final invoice and how the payment options would be displayed or how my clients would interact with it (I sent a test invoice to myself to understand so I could explain it to my clients if there were questions, but now have an archived invoice in my list that I can't get rid of now). Also, only being able to assign one client to be able to pay invoices is a little frustrating at times (I tend to work with lots of couples), so it would be helpful to have the options to assign multiple clients to be able to pay or view only. I also do not use Indy for my current contract and form templates (but I would really like to) because there is not enough editability or customizable features currently to make the forms/contracts look the way I want. Instead I use Google Suite (docs) to create these and Adobe Sign for client signatures, so it would be great to only have to use one platform to do all of this.

Alternatives Considered: Stripe and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Pricing of other products was very high, there were features included in other products that I would not use, or there were not enough features to be able to use the product for my specific type of work. Indy seemed to be the most user friendly platform for me and my industry and was at an affordable price per month without having to make year-long, up-front commitments before using the product to make sure it was a good fit.

12 months ago

Emma, we are so incredibly grateful for this review. It's awesome to hear how Indy has helped keep your business organized. It's even better to know where we can improve. I've forwarded all this amazing feedback over to my team for review. We'd love to speak with you further on a few points to get more information. If you're interested, please reach out to support so we can set up some time to review. Regarding sending invoices to multiple recipients with the ability to view/pay, that is something you can do but might not be so clear. When you create an invoice, it makes you select a main recipient. In the setting block to the right of the invoice editor, you can add additional recipients. When you send the invoice, each recipient has the ability to pay the invoice. I'll work with the team to improve this flow. Last, if you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to send us a message via the in-app chat button.

Lindsey
Food Photographer & Multimedia Designer in US
Photography, Self Employed

I’ll be an Indy user forever!

Comments: I love it! I’ll be an Indy user forever!

Pros:

It’s so easy to use! Not only for me, but for my clients. It isn’t cluttered with random features I don’t need or excessive design elements that detract from functionality.

Cons:

Honestly, I really can’t think of anything! It meets all my needs, it’s reliable, and the customer service is incredible!

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Indy: I was looking for a platform that included everything I needed in one place. A lot of products are either geared specifically to photographers or specifically to designers. I needed something I could use for both my photography and design projects. Indy delivered!

Switched From: Dropbox Business, Wave Accounting and ShootProof

Reasons for Switching to Indy: I liked the simplicity as well as the functionality. It had everything I needed and it all works seamlessly! They never bring out features that they aren’t confident their users will love and utilize and I appreciate that so much.

last year

Lindsey! Thank you for being a valued Indy member. It's awesome to hear that we provide everything you need for both your photography and design projects. It makes us very happy to hear that you're able to run both your businesses on Indy with ease. Our team works hard to consistently meet and exceed your expectations. You've also been pivotal in helping us create a better product with all of your amazing feedback. We love you just as much as you love us!

Aquarius
Designer & Virtual Assistant in Mexico
Design, Self Employed

A good starting place for new freelancers

Comments: Overall the experience has been good, and I look forward to more improved features.

Pros:

Easy to use, responsive customer service. The cost is very reasonable, and the team is regularly making improvements to the platform.

Cons:

The time tracking features are not intuitive or robust. I use an external tool to track time. I would like to be able to export timesheets, the ability to see reports for projects and clients, an automatic calculation of hours on a daily weekly and monthly basis, as well as calculating a total amount for the invoice instead of being individual line items. I would like to be able to modify the built in contract templates beyond just the essential info.

Alternatives Considered: Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing Indy: Bonsai's payment terms were very confusing, and I appreciate that Indy connects directly to the processors. I felt like the customer service was a little rude, and I don't do a super high volume of contracts or invoices, so I switched to save money.

Switched From: Bonsai

Reasons for Switching to Indy: More features than I needed, higher price point.

4 months ago

Hi Aquarius, it's great to hear that you're loving Indy's ease-of-use and dedicated support team we're always here and happy to help if anything arises. We're also working hard to release new features to help improve your workflow and we have some exciting things planned. Thanks for the feedback on Time Tracker. We'll take a look and see how we can improve the tool. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other insights on Time Tracker. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Aidan
owner in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

An all up invoice and contract system that doesn't drain your bank!

Comments: Very happy with the software. It's always a win when you find software that actually works at a pricepoint that makes sense.

Pros:

I absolutely love the contract builder that Indy has. It's easy and intuitive to navigate. Coming from honey book for the past three years, I'm so happy I found Indy, Invoices look great and are easy to generate. the desktop and mobile app are seamless. Very happy with the functinality.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to send the contract and invoice together in one email. Maybe there is a way. haven't found it out yet.

Alternatives Considered: Square Payments, Invoice Ninja and Bonsai

Reasons for Choosing Indy: Price and function

Switched From: HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Price and function

12 months ago

Hi Aidan, thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are so thrilled to hear that it is easy to create great-looking contracts and invoices while providing a seamless way to run your business while at home or on the go. Regarding sending 2 items in one email, I have forwarded this feedback to the team for feature consideration. In the meantime, you could create an invoice and share it via a link instead of the email service. Then when you create/send your contact, add the invoice link into the email body for the contract email. When your client receives the email, they'll see the block for the contract and an active link for the invoice. If you reach out to support, I can provide you with a step-by-step tutorial with images. Additionally, if you ever need anything at all, please reach out to us via the in-app support chat button.

Jenn
Small Business Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Great for my business needs

Comments: Customer service has been great the few times I reached out to them. They've continued to add new features (that I don't really use). It's been easy to use generally.

Pros:

I use the file hosting feature mostly. I joined back when it was called Tispr and find it easy to use, especially for the cost.

Cons:

There's really not anything I dislike. However, the two things I would add to the functions are 1. link tracking (how many times was a public link opened/accessed? 2. ability to create links from multiple uploaded files at once.

last year

Hi Jenn! Thank you for being a valued member of Indy. We're glad to hear that you've been with us for so long and have found great value in Files. Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to know where we can improve. I've shared your feedback with the team for feature consideration.

Andrea
Founder in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great application!

Pros:

I needed a simple interface for contracts and proposals and light contact management. I love that I can host forms, proposals, and contracts all in one place. You also cannot beat the price point for the value!

Cons:

It's a newer program so there are some additional features I'd like to see down the road. But the price point is so good and the program itself is so easy to use that I'm willing to wait out for some additional features, like linking forms to contacts.

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook

Reasons for Choosing Indy: I wanted something a little simpler and more intuitive. I didn't need (or want) all of the Dubsado features; Indy provided all of the features I really wanted.

Switched From: Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to Indy: I wanted something a little simpler and more intuitive.

last year

Thank you for being a valued Indy member, Andrea. We built Indy to be simple yet powerful so we're glad to hear that it has all the tools and features for your business. You can add a lead from Forms as a contact by clicking the 3-dot menu next to the name and then clicking 'Add contact'. If you are looking for something different (or not seeing this on your end), please reach out to support. Also, we love feedback! You can reach out to support at any time to submit feature requests. Feedback allows us to continuously develop and improve Indy.

Rob
Artist in US
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees

Easiest invoice platform + best value for your money

Comments: I'm able to spend less time on invoicing and billing, literally 5 minutes to create an invoice.

Pros:

First, best value for your money. Super easy to use, you're able to duplicate invoices, integrate Stripe just for certain invoices and keep track of payments all very convenient and easy.

Cons:

I guess if you could import data for tax purposes that would be useful.

last year

Hey Rob, thanks for being an Indy member! We're happy to hear that you're loving Indy's Invoices tool. We strongly believe you should keep the money you earn which is why we've made the Pro Bundle so affordable. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback about importing tax data to the team. Feedback like this allows us to continuously improve and develop Indy. Please never hesitate to reach out to support with more feedback.

Vincent
Media Consultant in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

So Glad I Found Indy

Comments: My overall experience with Indy has been a positive experience and I look forward to remaining with Indy for as long as possible. They are going to be a great benefit to my business.

Pros:

I'm brand new to Indy, but so far I'm loving being on the platform. I like the fact that it is very affordable for business owners that are just starting out. Indy's customer service is beyond awesome and they don't mind answering any question that you may have. They also are great with any feedback that you give. Their invoicing, contract creation/management, etc are great too. It's easy to go into Indy and have a proposal, contract, and invoice set up and ready to go for your client within 30 minutes. What makes that even better is that you can integrate PayPal and Stripe so that you can receive payment right away after your client approves the project. These are some of the pros of using Indy.

Cons:

I found no aspect of Indy that was difficult to use. The only thing that I saw that was an easily solvable challenge was setting up the contract for my client. I was having a problem with doing that. I reached out to their customer service team while working on it, and they helped me solve that issue within 5 minutes. I was right back on my way after it was solved. There is nothing that I don't like about this software.

4 months ago

Hi Vincent, it makes us very happy to hear that you're loving Indy so far and we're so glad you found us too! Our all-in-one producity tool will help you streamline and organize your business in no time. It also amazing to hear about the wonderful experience you had with our support team they truly are amazing. As you're still new to Indy, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for any questions or if you have any feedback on Indy. Feedback from our valued community allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Andrew
WordPress Website Consultant in US

My Thoughts About Indy

Comments: Although Indy does have some bugs to work out, I really like the "all in one" nature of this platform. I like being able to use multiple tools for one low monthly cost.

Pros:

I love using it for proposals, contracts, and invoices. I just love how it's an "all in one" resource (e.g., I don't need to use one platform for proposals, another for contracts, etc.).

Cons:

The CRM part (or the People section as it's called) does need some work. It doesn't always let me enter the address correctly. The invoicing also needs some work. They really need to change the rate part (as not everything is per hour).

last year

Thank you for being a valued Indy member Andrew! It's awesome to hear that we provide everything you need to run your business. Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to know where we can improve. I'll be sure to share the feedback about the address field in People being buggy to the team. When creating an invoice, you can choose to set your items at a unit or hourly rate. It comes in pre-selected as hourly but it's actually a dropdown menu. If neither of those options work, please reach out to customer support so we can get more information on what you'd like to see there.

Justin
Marketing Consultant in US

Great PM Tool with Powerful Billing Features

Comments: My overall experience has been good. The Indy makes tracking your tasks and objectives easy and the ability to add tracked time to invoices is nice. (If you bill by the hour - but you shouldn't)

Pros:

Indy is a great project management toll for a freelancer or small team to track workflow, proposals and invoicing. The invoicing and billing features are great to offer clients a solutions to pay quickly.

Cons:

Seems still in development and new features are being released. It feels a little behind some of the other industry software but is taking the time to fix what other solutions are doing wrong.

Alternatives Considered: HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Price, and free trial/entry offer.

4 months ago

Hey Justin, we're glad to hear that our all-in-one productivity tool has been helpful in keeping your business organized. We originally built Indy to be simple and lightweight but now we're working on expanding our feature set to provide more robust tools. We're actively working on some new and exciting things and we can't wait to share them with our community. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other feedback feedback like yours allows us to continuously develop and improve Indy.

Stephanie
Founder in US

I'm obsessed with Indy

Comments: I'm obsessed. It's been helping me keep track of which clients haven't paid me (and more importantly how long it's been since they paid me) and how long it takes for my invoices to get paid in general.

Pros:

Indy helps keep track of EVERYTHING. I can login every morning and know what I have to do throughout the day. I have reminders in my email about important tasks and meetings, as well as due dates that are coming up, so I know I'm staying on top of things. I'm just starting out with my business so it's very important to me to be able to deliver for my clients, and Indy has been doing a great job of making sure I don't drop the ball.

Cons:

Anything I don't like has been minimal, and is usually something I can take care of on my own. For instance the client management, when sending invoices, forces you to initially address it to a specific client rather than the business that the client/contact works for. It's something I can go in and edit easily though, but it would be nice to be able to put the organization as the client and simply name contacts there without having them become the only point of contact for the organization.

11 months ago

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for being a valued member. We're happy to hear that Indy has helped you keep track of everything so you can keep your business running smoothly. I have forwarded your feedback about creating companies as a contact with different people associated with that company. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if you have any other feedback on what you'd like to see on Indy.

Stevee
Art director and Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

I would purchase again and again

Comments: 10/10 it makes the business side of running a busy easier

Pros:

It helps keep me, as a busy entrepreneur on track with all files in the same. Cuts down on time it takes to draft contracts and documents that take away from designing

Cons:

the invoice form could be more editable

last year

Stevee, thanks for the amazing feedback! We're happy to hear that Indy is making it easy for you to run your business operations. Thank you for the feedback on the invoice builder. I'll be sure to share this with the team so we can find more ways to make the form customizable.

Nash
Video Editor in US
Media Production, Self Employed

A must for freelancers & small businesses!

Comments: Indy has really helped me learn more about contracts, invoicing, and organization when it comes to managing between my clients and projects. I love it and plan on staying loyal because it has great features for the prices and I really enjoy it so much!

Pros:

I really enjoy the simplicity of Indy, it has everything I need to be able to run my business as a solo freelancer. It gives me that professional edge so that my clients take me seriously as a freelancer.

Cons:

I honestly don’t have a negative to say about this software. It has helped me tremendously as I’ve been getting into my freelancing and slowly growing more clientele. I really enjoy it!

4 months ago

Hi Nash, thanks for all the love! It's truly amazing to hear that Indy has everything you need to run your freelance business. We'll continue to update our tools with new features to continually give you that professional edge with your clients. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if anything comes up or if there's something you'd like to see on Indy. We're always looking for ways to improve our product.

Sara
Illustrator in US

Streamlined

Pros:

I have absolutely loved streamlining all of my processes into one platform. Being able to do project management, time tracking, tasks, contracts and invoices in one place has been a dream!

Cons:

I would love to see clearer information on what using Indy is like from a client's perspective, and be able to customize that experience for more collaborative work.

Alternatives Considered: Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Indy: Price was right, and had most of the features I was seeking.

9 months ago

Hi Sara, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback it's greatly appreciated! We're so happy to hear how Indy has helped streamline your business. This year we are focusing on improvements meant to enhance your client's experience and make collaboration more efficient. If you'd like to know how we plan on solving this or have any other feedback to share, please reach out to our support team. We'd love to talk to you.

Quincy
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Best software for the beginning small business owner

Comments: I needed a simple service to do invoicing, possibly create standard documents to use for new clients, and at some point expand the business.

Pros:

The Indy service has made the invoicing process easier, and provides a variety of ways to get paid. The UI is extremely intuitive, and its priced just right for getting started with a small business.

Cons:

All the features are great, even the ones I don't use regularly look appealing. Wish there was a tax recording/filing feature included as well.

11 months ago

Hi Quincy, thanks for being a valued Indy member! It's amazing to hear that we've made the invoicing process easier. This is exactly what we were going for with all our tools we hope you see that as you test out some others. I've forwarded your feedback about a tax recording/filing feature to the team for consideration. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if you have any other feedback. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously improve and develop Indy.