Filter by:

• Overall

About Mentor Collective

Mentor Collective is the only provider of large-scale mentorship programs focused on holistic student success.

Learn more about Mentor Collective

David D.
Executive Director: CET Student Success Center in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for making a mentorship program move

5 7 days ago New

Comments: This has been a great relationship. Building a mentorship program was a daunting endeavor made less complex by MC. Our MC contact and support has been great.

Pros:

It facilitates initial coordination, training, and engagement, and provides continued support and communication that makes it easy for all participants.

Cons:

It is largely independent from our existing systems, but that is because of our other third party software contracts and not anything against MC.

Holly S.
Director of Graduate Student Affairs in U.S.

Product review

4 last week New

Comments: Very good. The support staff is excellent, listens and delivers on requests.

Pros:

It's easy to use. I like the dashboard feature.

Cons:

We haven't tried to integrate it with other products that we use.

M. lynn B.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Mentor Collective peer mentoring program

5 last week New

Pros:

It provides a service to our students that we would not be able to offer without the use of this program and our partnership with Mentor Collective.

Cons:

We rely on our partners in Mentor Collective to provide the analytics and evaluation. I'm not sure if we could do this ourselves with the access we currently have.

Erin B.
Director in U.S.

Insight flags

5 last week New

Comments: The support team for our campus is phenomenal!

Pros:

I love that the insight flags allow us to conduct outreach to students to help support them through challenges. Once a mentor flags a student, we can immediately take action.

Cons:

The only thing I don't like is how it's another system to learn, use, and train others on. We sometimes have a difficult time keeping up with the flags as our staff is fairly small.

Melissa M.
Senior Director of Programs in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees

Tracking Professional and Peer Mentorship Programs with Ease

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Since implementing Mentor Collective, our team's capacity has expanded, we've seen higher quality matches, and we can better track progress and barriers to student success. The insight flag and conversation log functions allows us to better understand the issues our students are facing and how to best support them. The onboarding and tracking pieces help our team to understand progress and where additional outreach is required. The mentor and mentee profiles give us a clearer understanding of who the students and professionals are who are participating in the program and share the story of impact externally.

Cons:

When pulling mentor and mentee reports, we need to export the data and then filter the spreadsheet by date matched in order to see current active participants (as opposed to participants who registered and completed the matching survey). Being able to click on an generate a report of currently matched students and not the full list of those who registered but didn't go the additional steps would be helpful.

Ashlee B.
Academic Advisor in U.S.

Advisor's View on Mentor Collective

5 last week New

Comments: Good customer service when problems arise; it's great to have a person assigned to each account, so I know there's a specific person to contact with any issues.

Pros:

As the advisor for students that use this software, I mainly interact with it when students are "flagged" for having a concern. I appreciate Mentor Collective's flagging system so student-mentors have a direct connection to assistance, when needed. I also appreciate the AI approach to matching student-mentees with their mentors using multiple self-identified factors; this is something that we don't have the time or capacity to do in our office.

Cons:

Nothing at this time. It's definitely expensive, but comes with excellent customer service.

Dave W.
Director of Enrollment Management in U.S.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great option for student mentorship

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Really good. It's benefited our student and it's been worth the money for us.

Pros:

Mentor Collective makes student mentoring easy for a college. They have great customer service and support. I like that they are always trying to improve their product.

Cons:

I'd like to see a little more on the metrics side about what students are getting out of their mentorship experience.

Linda L.
Director, Strategic Outreach & Diversity Initiatives in U.S.

KSU's Owl2Owl Peer Mentoring Program

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I love working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. They are always open to our requests and needs as well as available to address any concerns/questions or suggested changes we have for our specific needs.

Pros:

User friendly; easy access; availability of those who can help us when there are questions/concerns regarding its operation.

Cons:

N/A - can't identify any challenges with the software or the project team assigned to help us with our program.

Dawn N.
Interim Director, Center for Academic Excellence in U.S.

Great Product and Team!

5 2 days ago New

Pros:

Ease of use and convenience to pull information from the dashboard.

Cons:

I would like to be able to pull more data-specific reports.

Levi T.
Director of Career Development in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Makes mentor program management easier

4 last week New

Comments: Great customer support

Pros:

The built-in reminders and communication tools have prompted mentoring conversations. Compared to other mentoring programs on campus, this one appears to have higher engagement rates.

Cons:

There wasn't originally very sophisticated tools for tracking flags, but apparently MC is rolling out a product development to address this very soon.

William C.
AVP in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent experience to date.

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I was very pleased with the Mentor Collective team and their ability to rapidly launch an at-scale mentoring solution. They are responsive and thorough. I look forward to seeing the results and ROI from our partnership.

Cons:

No cons to date, as we launched about a month ago, but to this point I have no concerns and have seen no red flags.

Senior Associate Director in U.S.

Great Partners

5 last week New

Comments: Great team! Easy and enjoyable to work with. Very open to feedback and responsive to requests.

Pros:

Has everything we need and more! Easy to work with and user friendly.

Cons:

I think the look could be a bit more polished

Audrey B.
Assistant Director, Mentorship in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Large-scale mentorship program success

5 last week New

Comments: We have had great support from the Mentor Collective Team. The software is easy to use and efficient.

Pros:

The customized matching and training survey allowed us to implement a large-scale mentoring program quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

It would be nice to have some more detailed data (URM, transfer status of mentees) at our fingertips in the dashboard.

Kim H.
Associate Vice President for Student & Campus Life/Dean of Students in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees

Mentor Collective is a great partner

5 last week New

Pros:

The Mentor Collective system is like having an additional member on your team. It is very user friendly and provides a platform for individuals to engage in and connect.

Cons:

I honestly cannot think of any other features that I would want to see.

Kathryn M.
Student Affairs in U.S.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Very user friendly, but some frustrations

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, my experience with Mentor Collective has been positive, but I think we need to scale up the program so that it is more cost effective.

Pros:

Mentor Collective takes care of all the logistics of running mentoring problem. I love that this doesn't have to be my full time job, and that there's an easy to use dashboard to monitor in real time.

Cons:

The customer support has been lacking. Mentors have reached out to me saying that they emailed mentor collective and didn't hear back for multiple days or didn't have their problem addressed.

Farrah-marie G.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs in U.S.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Mentor Collective at the most diverse four year public institution in the nation

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Our overall experiences with Mentor Collective have been phenomenal! Our mentors are gaining real-world experience in providing support to their peers and mentees are benefiting through the relationship building and connection they make with their mentors. When we first started out with this program, it was with the sole purpose of increasing our first-year retention rate. We have come to realize that not only are we able to see an increase in retention for our program participants, but we're also seeing benefits for both mentors and mentees in ways that we hadn't even thought about at the beginning of the program.

Pros:

We are in our fifth year of using Mentor Collective and each year, not only do we get more students matched with mentors, but the quality of the mentoring has improved as well. This is evidenced through an increase in both overall GPA and retention of students (as a cohort) who are matched with a mentor compared to those who chose not to participate in the program. Mentor Collective provided the matching of our first-year students with mentors that they helped us train. Mentor Collective also provides on-going support for their online platform. This is especially helpful for administrators who are tasked with providing timely response to flags raised by mentors.

Cons:

We are the most diverse four year public institution in the nation making it difficult to build any type of program in a one size fits all format. The diversity on our campus requires that our mentors be trained on cultural competency and being able to effectively communicate with peers from many different backgrounds, cultures, geographies, etc. The basic training that Mentor Collective provides does not really factor in some of the reality of what institutions of higher education is dealing with in terms of relating to students through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion.

Shyam G.
Vice-President, Programs in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Helped get our mentorship program off the ground

3 last week New

Pros:

We're a national organization with reach across the United States and the Pacific Islands, we needed a virtual platform that made it easy for mentors and mentees to sign up to be mentors and facilitate their pairings, Mentor Collective offers that.

Cons:

Over the two years of the program, there has been drop off in survey completions and contact tracked. While the software helps with the first step of facilitation, there is more to be desired when it comes to the ongoing strength of that mentorship pair.

Assistant Dean in U.S.

Mentor Collective

4 last week New

Pros:

I training for the students and the customer support is excellent. They truly value our feedback and have customized our program to our needs.

Cons:

Our Admissions team used MC this past summer for freshmen applicants and gave them an application number which MC used as their ID number. If they ended up depositing and matriculating, they are assigned an ID number. This was not able to be updated in the system and now for alerts, students who were in both programs don't have their correct ID assigned, so when we get an alert for them, and if they have a common name, it takes some time to figure out who they are.

Lee K.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Mentor Collective Review

5 last week New

Comments: My experience with Mentor Collective has been immensely positive, and the program has both decreased summer melt and increased retention, especially for students of color.

Pros:

The dashboards provide a wealth of information that enables me to see which populations are taking advantage of the program and where we need to grow participation. Integration into our existing structure was fairly easy, thanks largely the the guidance Mentor Collective provided in how to introduce the platform to stakeholders and who to include on our team.

Cons:

As Mentor Collective is aware, acting on Insight Flags continues to be an issue, often because they depend on the mentor providing sufficient information. I know they are working to improve this aspect of the program.

Jay S.
Senior Academic Advisor in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

A strong support option for Mentoring

5 last week New

Comments: Overall experience is very strong. Mentor Collective is helping us engage our students at both the graduate and the undergraduate level.

Pros:

The strongest feature of the Mentor Collective is, of course, the people who make it run; but the Dashboard service is a strong way to track mentor/mentee sign ups and other info, and is only getting stronger with some coming enhancements that I am eager to learn about.

Cons:

It can sometimes be challenging to track lists of current mentors and mentees in the program; the lists are easy to access, but not all listed are actively connected.

Lisa W.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Out of the box ease and great customer service

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: If you are interested in developing a peer mentoring program for your students, Mentor Collective has the research and tools to make an out-of-the-box solution work seamlessly -- and they back that up with really excellent customer service

Pros:

Mentor Collective's interface is user-friendly and allows us to track all of the data we need to see our program's progress and effectiveness

Cons:

More interactive data on the dashboard would be great (and I hear it's coming soon!)

Camille O.
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Just what we needed

5 2 days ago New

Pros:

The team at Mentor Collective worked very closely with me and my team to create and run a peer mentoring program in our college. I liked how seamlessly the Mentor Collective team helped us set up and run the program. The participants find it easy to navigate and the additional resources and training they receive have helped them grow into their mentoring roles.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything I don't like so far

Meg B.
Director, Graduate Student Service and Career Development in U.S.
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

High Recommendation for Mentor Collective

4 last week New

Comments: Extremely positive! They have exceptional customer service.

Pros:

The easy of use and clear data visualizations on the user dashboard.

Cons:

The download of data can have a lot of filler information