Microsoft To Do Reviews

4.6 (2,607) Write a Review!

About Microsoft To Do

Task management app that allows users to share to-do lists among themselves, set reminders, and add notes.

Learn more about Microsoft To Do

Pros:

Better customer service. Collaboration platform as well.

Cons:

There was a lack of integration with other apps and the app was not that aesthetically pleasing.

Microsoft To Do ratings

4.7
4.3
4.3
4.7

8.5/10

Microsoft To Do has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,607 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft To Do before?

Filter reviews (2,607)

Eric
Eric
CTO in Canada

Free Cross-platffrm To-Do list, love it!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

2 things:1) The ability to share an individual list so I can have others involved in the list. Perfect for groceries!2) Cross-platform. I love that I can use it on Windows, Android, iOS - all sync'd.

Cons:

Sharing a list is slightly clunky. You have to generate a link and send it to the person, they click on it to join. Works, but I wish I could email the invite right from the app.

Ehsan
Production Manager in UK
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Good To Do application but not the best

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Great Task management software, but not the best and there are better task management apps out there

Pros:

When it comes to task management, you can tell To Do has all the main features and does the job perfectly. It is a cross-platform application so no matter what OS system you have, it will work well on all of them.

Cons:

The sync feature works well but it is not fast. Using the app for note-taking could be challenging. It kind of forces you to use OneNote for not taking, while these two could be easily combined together.

Swati
Self-Employed in India

Smart Scheduling!!

Comments: I am one of the satisfied customers of Microsoft To Do . As a freelancer and a part time employee there are bunch of different projects that I handle so remembering all those tasks and scheduling meetings was really difficult for me but with To Do it became a piece of cake for me. Moreover I save a good amount time as using this software is really easy and conveninet. Other than the Cost that I have to bear to use this platform, I am very much satisfied with this software.

Pros:

Microsoft To Do is one of the best scheduling software available in the market right now. It comes with many required features and function that provides you a very good scheduling experience. Being a freelancer I have lots of work and project to maintain so, I really need to have a proper list of tasks where I can set remainders for my meetings as well as my project submission dates.I also need have to keep the record of the progress I have been making on my work. I have been using this platform for above 6 months now and ever since then I have never missed any important task present in my to do list .You will receive regular alerts and notifications of the list that you will create on to do and even the list creation is very easy just a few clicks will do the work for you.

Cons:

My experience with Microsoft to do has been really good but there are some loopholes in this software as well and one such is it's application on mobile. With the kind of features this platform provides it is very difficult to carry those tasks on mobile phones and if you want it to run smoothly even on your Android phones then you need to have an expensive one with you. The cost of using this software is higher than other similar softwares available. You also require to have a continuous and stable internet connection while making updates and using tools such as Microsoft meet with it.

Ryan
Golf professional in US
Sports, Self Employed

Easy to use and doesnÔÇÖt waste any time

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It removes the barriers to keeping my clients on task with their swing improvements and adds accountability to practice and stay on top of it.

Cons:

Could be a more advanced mode with modifiable features to customize the layout and add features as needed.

Aman
Aman
Video editor in India
Animation, Self Employed

Simple and Powerful Task Management Tool By Microsoft

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is awesome tool for daily task management ­čĹŹ

Pros:

User friendly design and I can make group for every different task

Cons:

I miss page like notion, there no option to add page to write notes, script

Patrick
Patrick
Web developer in Nigeria

Best App for Maximum Productivity

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Even though it lacks some of the functionalities I'd really hope to see, it still goes a long way to ensure that I'm as productive as I can be.

Pros:

I started using Microsoft To Do app right from my college days, and I must say, it played a huge role in my academic success. I could organize my task and then carry them out based on their priority, that way, I never missed a deadline.I like how simple the user interface is, and also the fact that it is absolutely free of charge.

Cons:

It lacks some functionalities, I'd like it if I can set prior to various in a better way other than the starring method. I'd also appreciate advanced features like task reports or general task analytics, some form of priority highlight, an in-app calendar view, etc.

Luke
Luke
Owner in UK
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

ItÔÇÖs good, but too basic

Comments: It was good, but not good enough for me to keep using. Project managements is nowhere near as good as others, mainly down to the tasks views.

Pros:

I liked how easy and simple it was too use, it has a clean layout and I liked the sound when you complete a task

Cons:

Not enough features, I found other competitor software was far more advanced.

Ben
production manager in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

A decent to do list app with simple collaboration.

4.0 last month New

Comments: I came to Microsoft To Do from Wunderlist. I liked it better when it was Wunderlist, I feel like they handled little details better, and was just a better experience. Overall though, it's a pretty solid little to do app, they did a pretty good job of assimilating the Wunderlist functionality, while integrating with the Microsoft feel. The ease of use and simple layout of the interface is good. The collaboration features are nice, and we used it at home regularly for a running shopping list that my wife and I could add to as we needed things. It's nice to go to the store with the list, and her be able to add items to is as I am shopping. It worked well for a running list of things to do around the house as well. It was also helpful with work related items when we had a small team working on the same project and we could all see the things left to get done. The ability to star important items so you can mark tasks that are a higher priority. There's a few things they could improve on and overall just make it that much better. But if you're just needing a simple tasks manager or to do list app, this would be a solid choice.

Pros:

it's easy to enter new to dos without a lot of frills and other features to get in your way or clutter the interface. The ability to star items to mark them as priority and keep them at the top of the list is nice. The simple and clean interface is nice and easy to use, and easy to navigate. I like that there isn't a ton of bloated features and items making it distracting to use. The groups feature is also nice, as it makes it easy to keep lists together and organized in different areas based on their context.

Cons:

There were a few frustrating things for me when I used the app on a regular basis. I didn't like how it sorted completed tasks. It didn't have an option to sort it by the most recently completed task, so if you accidentally marked something completed and you had a long list of already completed items, (from say a running store list that you updated and reused over time), it was hopeless to find the item that you accidentally completed. That brings me to another frustrating point, on the iPhone app it was way to easy to accidentally mark a task completed while you were holding the phone in your hand. I would regularly hit the check box on accident with my finger just handling my phone. It would be nice if there was a way to keep it from moving it to the completed list until the end of day, or have the option to do it manually. This is the way I have Things 3 setup, so that when I am done checking off my list, I log them manually so that I can still see the things I"ve completed as I go, and then log them and hide them once I'm at a certain point.

Sanadra
Nurse in Canada
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Easy cloud-based task manament

Comments: Overall,Microsoft's To Do is pretty easy to use,regardless of what you are using it on.Everything is right there in front of you and it lets you go stepp by step on how to get the most out of it.It's free to use and its often overlookedin favor of flashier task managers.I have found it to be efficient and it helps me keep my meetings and appointments on time.There are not many things that are free and worth my time,but I would recommend this to anyone with kids and have flexable work schedules and needs to keep things organized and in one place.

Pros:

Microsoft To Do is not only for business but it's great for individuals who want to moniter and collaborate on simple tasks.it lets you prioritize you schedule and has file sharing for groups who are collaborating on events or work projects.It has an easy to use interface that allows people who are not familiar with computers or working with a team.It is so easy to use for any individual who wants to plan their day or week and not forget any appointments you may have coming up.you have access to calendar,Gmail outlook,evernote even trello,slackand airtable.It's free to use,its simple and has file uploading.It also can be use with you mobile.Off coarse it has a reminder that pings in to let you know ahead of time when you have a meeting or appointment

Cons:

As with anything,there are always cons,not a lot of features even tho it has added more features,since it's first release.I have found the drag and drop function still needs improvement and the add to my day feature only allows me to add a project for that day and not upcoming events which has to be applied separately and doesnt integrate with some of microsoft products.

Regional Compliance Manager in Malta
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees

The Smartest Daily Planner You'll Ever Use - Set yourself up for success with Microsoft To Do

Comments: The Microsoft to-do app is simple and easy to use. It has a clean, minimalistic design that allows you to get to the task at hand rather than be distracted by stargazing animations or an overabundance of interface elements. Bottom line: Microsoft To-Do is a solid task manager, but it faces stiff competition from Jorte and Todoist. Which one you use will likely depend on how deep your Microsoft Integration is, and what other features you're looking for in a task manager.

Pros:

The app is designed to be a personal productivity companion so you can focus on what matters most. It helps you plan your day with the best features of any task manager, while keeping you up-to-date with what's happening now and what's coming soon. The app is simple and easy-to-use, with an elegant design that lets you focus on what matters. All your tasks are stored in one place so you can see them at a glance, set reminders so they're never missed, and add details like attachments and notes.

Cons:

There are some missing features that would make this app even better ÔÇö including the ability to sync across devices, integration with other services like Google Calendar and Dropbox, and more customisation options for when reminders are triggered - location-based reminders (e.g., "when I arrive at work" vs "when I arrive at home")

Gina
Owner in US
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees

To Do or not to do- Microsoft to do

Comments: Overall Microsoft to do is one of the top of the line programs and software for companies not only like mine but I'm sure that other companies can use this as well for the cost of the software for a company it's worth every penny and its way of gold because of the way it brings not only every member of your team together but it also makes them a well-oiled machine in delivering the product to a customer in a given time and a given manner and it keeps everybody on board everybody working as a team I couldn't ask for a better program for my company and hopefully you can't for yours

Pros:

The features that we as a company alike about Microsoft to do are one that we love the fact that we can schedule a task that we can have subtask situations as well as a timeline of when that task should be finished we also love that it's mobile and that there are file sharing and ways that other employees or other members of the team can see that task and how it's progressing as well as has the tab the test that they're working on scene as progressively being done

Cons:

At this point I don't see anything about the Microsoft to do software that we're not happy with we are extremely happy with it we use it on a daily basis and we have no complaints

Syed Sohail
Advocate in Pakistan
Law Practice, 501-1,000 Employees

Microsoft To Do.. An ultimate organizer

Comments: I sarted using it after Microsoft lauched it as a replacement of wunderlist. It is better than majority of other similar apps due to its ease of use. I use it to remember and manage daily tasks both social and wrok related.

Pros:

I just love the simplicity and list making speed of Microsoft to do. You can keep a track of all of your tasks and organize them into various categories according along with setting reminders or due dates to them. Its simple and intuitive interface makes is easy to use that other similar softwares. Being a web bases software it enables you to access it from any where in the availability of internet on any device and synchronizes an changes in real time. Apart from an schedular, you can also use Microsoft To Do as a field note book to organize and wrotes thoughts and ideas easily. It also allows you to make sub tasks and create notes for each part. You can easily share your lists with other through sharing a PDF or the incorporated email support which is very useful frature to share agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs with the concerned persons.

Cons:

Microsoft To Do is designed primarily as a to do app, thus it often lacks deeper features which would have been nice. It has limited team collaboration features, but is an excellent choice for simple projects and manage daily tasks.

Mario
Mario
Advertising Account Executive in US
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees

Frees up the space in your head...

Comments: As I mentioned already, To Do allows me to create lists of tasks, a place to jot down ideas so I don't forget, etc. I suffer from ADHD and this program is really a life saver for me. I use it mostly on my phone but also integrate it with Outlook, my iPad and it alleviates that "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling

Pros:

I've always been a list person. if I have to accomplish something, have an important meeting to prepare for and attend, etc. I can create a list of the steps needed to take in order to accomplish said task. To Do offers numerous ways of personalizing lists. You can create a Group of lists that are related in one way or another, add and delete lists from the group or create a list on it's own. You can coordinate it with your calendar and access and sync throughout all your devices and platforms. it allows me the ability to create a list of things I need to do and sub lists needed to accomplish each step. once on the list, I can get it out of my head until I need to address it, freeing up the gray matter to focus on the task at hand. You also can set reminders for each task, schedule them in the future. It's also compatible with Get Things Done. You can also attach the files you need in order to accomplish things

Cons:

The one thing that is extremely weak - and this goes for every Microsoft product - is their lack of customer support. First you need to exhaust all the AI options before you can actually address your issue with a real person who may not ever respond to you. And if or when they do, you wonder if they even read the complaint or problem you're experiencing. Truly frustrating experience

Jaime Valeriano
Education Student in Philippines
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

A Review about Microsoft To-Do in a Perspective of College University Student

Comments: My overall experience in Microsoft To-Do is that I am able to learn how to be an organized person. I am able to make my tasks in an effective and efficient way to the point that it is one of the bridge for me improving myself to be a responsible student. I must say that this is one of the tools that every student must have that will be really helpful for them to survive school especially in college.

Pros:

What I like the most about this software is of course it is free and I am able to create different lists of to-do tasks which gives me the opportunity to classify my priorities to manage. Also, there are different pretty themes that I can choose which I usually make sure that will fit on my overall theme in my laptop itself. In addition, I am also able to put the icon in my taskbar for me not to forget to check my to-do lists in a daily basis. Lastly, my most favorite thing is that it can remind me of all of the tasks through alarm.

Cons:

Honestly, I cannot think of any about the what I like the least about this software but when I am going to put my shoes to other person. What I think what they like the least in Microsoft To-do is that they must have a Microsoft account for them to open it especially if they are getting pissed off with a lot of different email account to take care of. In fact, I know someone which is my friend for having an issue like this because of course in our gadgets, we do not have only Microsoft apps but also other apps such as google that will oblige us to create another account. However in this case, it actually doesn't bother me at all. Good thing I have Microsoft To-do that I can actually use to put all of my accounts username and password for me not to forget it.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Comments: Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros:

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons:

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

zero complication, 100% efficiency

Comments: Overall, Microsoft ToDo has been excellent for me. I now have a separate program I can rely on for organizing my personal affairs, removed from my professional engagements and duties. I also love that it can be accessed ad synced across multiple devices even if they're running on different operating systems. And all that for a program that feels and runs so light weigh is simply perfect. On top of all that, it's free.

Pros:

With an extremely uncomplicated user interface, I never get lost navigating my way around the program. A typical example is how the sub-menus pop up as an appendage instead of being loaded as an entirely new page. Also, for the very light weight program it is, the system performs extremely well applying some form of AI tech in generating suggestions for new entries, that are almost always accurate. They sure did a very excellent job making the software very user friendly and efficient.

Cons:

As a heavy google products user, I was initially disappointed when I realized it didn't come integrated with google calendar. And even though I was eventually able to achieve the connection with another software (Zapier), it would have been easier and better to have it directly.

Anli
Freelancer in Canada

Microsoft To-Do Review

Comments: I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated.
I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient.
Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros:

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application. I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day. It's exceptionally strong and has numerous highlights, however I appreciate the consistent experience of utilizing it on both my telephone and my PC. I love Microsoft items and this is another victor. Exceptionally basic and causes me to feel like I can deal with my plans for the day easily. Furthermore, cool update highlights. I utilize a PC at work and a Mac at home, however have discovered that To-Do is very simple to use across various working frameworks. It's absolutely a stage over the updates application on my telephone, and I value having the option to get to it (just as get notices and updates) across my numerous gadgets. I like having the option to rank undertakings by request of significance and the capacity to add extra parts like documents or update notes. In general, overly helpful and simple to utilize.

Cons:

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do. The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks. Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

Erick
Marketing Analyst in Brazil

Great but unfortunately available through Microsoft Store

Comments: Microsoft To Do is a formidable software in the tasks management category and works fine both in Windows or mobile. Unluckily I had to come back to pen and paper, since I couldn't get used to any other competitor, because of a Microsoft Store flaw, which is a shame.

Pros:

With Microsoft To Do you can works through lists and task. These tasks can be divided in sub tasks and you can define conclusion date, repetition and even attach files. For me, the best is the My Day feature, a special list where you can pull tasks to this very day backlog, which helps you to focus in what you should deliver today. You can set some tasks as important, filter tasks by the conclusion date and add other people to lists as well.

Cons:

For me, the greatest con is being available through Microsoft Store, which Microsoft doesn't put much effort to work. Since I signed to Xbox Game Pass and tried to install a included game, nothing more can be download in Microsoft Store, making impossible to install To Do and any other app available there.

Randi
Operations Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

Comments: We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring theseÔÇőÔÇő things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros:

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they overseeÔÇő or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons:

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backupÔÇő but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Chief Designer in US

Have things to do? Wunderlist will keep you on track and get your to do list done!

Comments: Keeps me organized so I have more time to work and spend less time looking for information. Productivity has probably gone up 25% (according to my time tracking software).

Pros:

I am a one person freelance business that does web and graphic design. I use Wunderlist to organize my projects. It's basically a to-do list on steroids. I can add an item to a list. Under that one item, I can add notes, uploads/files, checklists, a deadline, reminders, and star it to bring it to the top of my list. I can also create as many main lists as I want and have as many items as I need under each. It keeps me organized because I can set up deadlines and see at a glance what's done and what is left. I also use the Chrome extension "Wunderlist in Gmail" and what that does is split my Gmail screen so that the Wunderlist app appears inside of Gmail and I can see both my lists and my email at the same time. This is a game changer because I can receive an email from a client, add the item to Wunderlist with a deadline, and file away the email after responding to the client. This keeps me on track with projects and my inbox uncluttered. If you make to-do lists, this app is for you. I used to write things down on sticky notes and then leave my notes at the office and need to reference them at home (such is the life of a freelancer, we're always working). This puts everything in one place that is accessible to me at any time. You can use it for anything from freelance projects to grocery lists to planning vacations (I've done this). You can also add collaborators and assign items to users so it's particularly good for team projects as well.

Cons:

There's no integration with anything else , like time tracking or invoicing software, that would make it a serious productivity app.

Managing Director and Founder in US
Graphic Design Software

A robust & useful task list app

Pros:

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons:

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Director of Technology in US

A Great Way to Manage All of Your Tasks for You and Your Team(s)

Comments: I've been using several different solutions for managing my tasks/projects/deadlines/to-do's for years. I've left Wunderlist only to find myself crawling back due to its ease of use features. It uses keyphrases and contextual clues to predict your tasks due dates or reminders and related contacts which reduces the time you spend making the task and more time to complete it/checking it off. I use it for my personal life as well as Team Projects and Project Management to keep track of all of our tasks in the company. It works very well for small businesses (1-20 employees) with simple tasks that do not require workflow and triggering.

Pros:

-You can add anything from anywhere using email, typing out your tasks, or generating them from webpages/inbox etc. -Easy to use Reminder System that is effective at keeping you up to date with what needs to be done and not easy to ignore or let anything slip through the cracks with push notifications. -Smart Tasks allowing you to setup reminders, notifications, group members, tags, etc by simply using the correct words in your tasks and minimizing the time it takes to setup your tasks in general giving you more time to complete them! -Team Collaboration & List Share Options -Device Compatibility and Multi-Platform Apps -Gmail Integration

Cons:

-Inability to create projects or automated tasks directly within the app itself, however this can be achieved by using integrations with Zapier etc or using other tools to talk to Wunderlist and create the tasks for you. -Can become bulky when you have a large number of tasks at one time or are managing a lot of projects or lists. -Sometimes the smart task creation/tagging can get in the way when you want to write something simple and it tries to do something else for you.

Creator/Consultant in US
Internet, Self Employed

Wunderlist - Super Simple Straightforward Task Keeper

Comments: I actually use Wunderlist actively. If I update tasks on my laptop, there's seamless syncing to my smartphone. I'm on an Android and the app is well designed, very easy to read my tasks, add, update. On my Macbook, I switched from using Wunderlist in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) and am using the desktop app. The desktop app takes very little memory compared to keeping an open tab in either browser. The design of the web app and desktop app are equally pleasing. This is a super clean straightforward app that's quick and easy to use. All I want to know is what I've got coming up next and be able to update it easily. I also like being able to create tasks out of emails, all you need to do is add the email addresses you're sending from and update your account to activate this feature. Having my to do list handy when I'm mobile is really convenient. I also use tags, which makes it super easy to cut to the chase and pull up similar tasks for different projects.

Pros:

Sometimes super simple is all you need. What I love about Wunderlist is that it really is a plain and simple tool to keep track of tasks. I've used Todoist, and that's a cool tool too. But ALL I want is something to keep me straight on tasks I have, and have it super easy for me to add and update them. Wunderlist delivers on it's simplicity from actually using it to the look and feel.

Cons:

Sometimes I'd like to print out on paper my completed tasks depending on what I'm working on. You can't do this. You can print out your open tasks. I can view a list of the next 7 days of tasks but I can't view what I have open after that. In ToDoist you can view tasks past 1 week in the Inbox. I'm using a tag that I can search and pull up tasks that are over a week old.

Marina
Director of Communications in US
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees

Great For Making To-Do Lists of Any Kind!

Comments: This is a great app if all you're really looking for is a fairly basic list-making software. I really enjoy using it for packing lists, shopping/grocery lists, and general to-do lists. But if you're looking for a more collaborative or robust project management software, this might not be the one for you.

Pros:

Wunderlist makes it quick and easy to make lists of any kind. I like that you can easily switch between your different lists on the left hand side of the program, while managing the contents of those lists on the right hand side of the program (the majority of the screen is dedicated to this purpose). I also really appreciate that you can quickly churn out many list items in a row- all you have to do is press enter and you can immediately begin typing the next item, without having to click anything extra. This is a great time-saver. Also, if you click on any list item, the screen will split so that you can see/create additional information for that list item, including notes, due dates, reminders, and sub-items. This has really helped me stay organized. Wunderlist also has a really nice, clean design that's pleasant to work with. Another big plus: it's great at syncing across devices!

Cons:

Wunderlist is great at what it does, but it's probably not as robust a task management softwares as some others that are out on the market. But considering it's free, that's not necessarily the worst thing. One thing that does occasionally bother me is that any list items that are checked off are removed from the list, rather than being crossed out, moved to the bottom, or dimmed. While this can be nice for some things (like grocery shopping), it's more frustrating for recurring/unchanging lists (like a general packing list) since it means you either have to keep re-making the list every time you need it, or fish the crossed off items out of the "completed" tab every time after you're finished with it.

Jennifer
Owner in US
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees

Great for keeping on track.

Comments: Since we introduced Wunderlist to our business, we really seem to stay on top of things. If you remember something needs to be done, you can easily open the app and add it to the To-Do list and assign it to the proper staff member. As the owner, I can easily track what has been accomplished or the amount of progress that has been made on an assignment. It seems to motivate everyone to quickly get things checked off the list and move on to the next task. It has definitely been an asset to our company.

Pros:

This app is wonderful for keeping tasks organized and on track. What we love most is the ability to assign tasks to others, share information, and make notes, and work together to finish tasks quickly and efficiently. It's a bonus that you can use it not only for business, but personal tasks as well, while keeping all of the "to- dos" separate. We love that it works equally as well on our laptops, tablets, and phones.

Cons:

I tried to find something I dislike about this app, but I could not. Maybe they could add a larger selection of backgrounds.