15 years helping Canadian businesses

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

4.5 (1,916) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Outlook

Combined email and calendar solution that lets users send, receive, and manage email plus track appointments and events.

Learn more about Microsoft Outlook

Pros:

It provides time and cost savings thanks to advanced search, folder, archiving technologies and drag and drop methods.

Cons:

It has problems sending out emails sometime to some server.

Microsoft Outlook ratings

4.4
4.1
4.5
4.4

8.4/10

Microsoft Outlook has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 1,916 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Outlook before?

Filter reviews (1,915)

Filippo
Filippo
Microsoft Cloud Analyst in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

MIcrosoft Outlook Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent experience overall. Besides some configuration issue, the program works very well and it brings several useful features.

Pros:

The interface. Its easy to user, clear and you have all important info at glance. I like the layout and the button styles as well.

Cons:

It hangs. Now less than before but in the last years Outlook was having troubles in handling large quantity of data. With the cloud service its much better (no more psts) but now it hangs when facing poor network performances.

Andrew
Support Technician in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The only mailbox management platform for professionals

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, alerting system, layout. Outlook is the best mailbox management platform I have come across in my career.

Cons:

The search function is the only function requiring attention.

Angela
Angela
Career Coach & Counselor in Italy
Human Resources, Self Employed

Advantages and some drawbacks

Pros:

I have been using Microsoft Outlook for many years to manage my various email addresses. I am a Microsoft customer with the complete Office 365 package. Microsoft Outlook has several advantages and some drawbacks. Among the advantages, I definitely appreciate the ability to easily share the calendar with other collaborators and colleagues who work in different companies than mine. This is crucial for the work I do, and it can be effectively managed through Microsoft Outlook. I greatly appreciate the calendar function and the ability to install extensions like Grammarly or Quillbot for the English language. I also make frequent use of rules to organize folders.

Cons:

One of the limitations of Outlook is its heaviness and lack of fluidity. I often encounter synchronization issues, and drafts of emails with attachments are automatically created even though I have simply created and sent them immediately. This is a problem that I have noticed other people experiencing years ago as well. Nevertheless, overall, I continue to use Outlook because it is convenient to manage multiple email addresses from a single mail client.

Vandana
Business Admin in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Best ever product amalgamating email,diaries, to do list & Chat

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is the best product available free and also in the subscription format. Love how various aspects of everyday work life is integrated over various productivity tools to bring nito one seamless interface.

Pros:

The ease of integrating calendar with the email and chat

Cons:

Thatyou can no longer copy calendar events.

Sara
System Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

MIcrosoft Outlook the email client

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I may say Microsoft Outlook is mandatory if you have a business email and send and receive a lot of mails.
I think it's the best email client, you can manage all your emails is a very smart way; the interface is clean and intuitive. You can create your own folders and add rules to them to organize the messages. There are a lot of addons for Outlook for a useful integration with most used (third party) programs. The calendar will help you to schedule your appointments, meetings and task to do.
If you need information you will easily find the answer on internet.
It's worth the price!

Pros:

Easy to use Lot of support and informations Lot of addons

Cons:

You need a license I don't like some layout changes of features

Shenal
Owner in Sri Lanka
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

MS Outlook review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Perfect tool and easy to operate. Receiving emails on time which important for my occupation.

Pros:

MS outlook is best email management tool for me. Because it's very simple tool free to use. Free outlook email accept anywhere in the internet and it's really helpful. New email notifications are receiving on time which important for my occupation.

Cons:

MS outlook is perfect tool and I don't have any dislike things about it.

mark
owner in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

MS Outlook, good all around email program for small to large companies

Comments: Overall, a very solid email and calendar software program that we rely on every day to keep our business running smoothly and for both internal and external communications.

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to share calendars of coworkers for better scheduling of meetings and finding available time for key people

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a little time to 'load' so that you can find emails when doing a search, but most always, its due to internet connection issues, or simply time to update software, so keep it updated for best performance.

Amy
Bartender in US
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Use Microsoft Outlook for superior email management!

Comments: Microsoft Outlook has greatly helped me manage my company's emails in an easy and efficient manner and is very reasonably priced.

Pros:

Microsoft Outlook is easy, quick, and cost effective, and it really helps to manage all of my company's emails.

Cons:

Microsoft Outlook has given me no issues.

Kate
Allied health professional in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Comprehensive email management

Comments: Overall very happy with MS Outlook and the features it offers.

Pros:

Easy to use; good range of features; integration with calendar, contacts, tasks and other microsoft products (e.g. OneNote); formatting features easy to use; quick steps function is a good time saver.

Cons:

I haven't found search function to be very good

Bri
Bri
Owner in US
Philanthropy, Self Employed

Outlook Review

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it's a good email program. I like it.

Pros:

I like that it's simple to navigate. It makes email an easier task than usual. I use it all the time for school.

Cons:

It's kind of boring, but I definitely appreciate the simplicity of the platform.

Suraj
Front End Web Development Lead in India
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Connecting People Together Virtually

Comments: Microsoft is a lifesaver for every professional whether it comes to being an awesome email client or an instant meeting/calendar scheduler, In a world where we have moved away from physical paper and files, this is the one-stop solution for maintaining that communication chain. it is not software but a revolution for connecting people together. It keeps the communication chain unbroken.

Pros:

The Best Features 1. Light Weight Client application for both mobile and desktop helps seamless integration with any number of email accounts 2. Integration with Microsoft Teams best for scheduling online meetings and custom reminders are very helpful 3. Calendar is a great feature that helps us manage the time and schedule things without conflicting with others 4. Integration with third-party plugins 5. Automatic replies & mail recall is the hidden gem of this product 6. Offline availability

Cons:

The UI keeps on changing and it becomes difficult to find the options that we use as their placements are frequently changed, Microsoft should avoid changing it too often or at least keep things /Proper Icons in place. Else we end up googling for existing features after every update

Sandra
Director of Nursing in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Top webmail and email client.

Comments: I would describe my overall experience as a miffed win.
Outlook is reliable and secure yet hard to work with. Categorizing emails helps but I would rather have the freedom to assign sub-inboxes and the ability to pin more than 2-3 emails. I would rather replace the thickened blue bar with other identifiers for new messages -- a shaded background?
One of the most important things Outlook has to offer is the integration with Microsoft teams and Microsoft 365.
I would advise considering your need for reliability compared to synchronization before making a decision.
The pros do outnumber the cons within Outlook.

Pros:

- Performs well. - Trustworthy company and email address. - High reliability. - High security. - Consistently delivers all attachments (Perhaps slowly) - Freedom to choose theme. - Android app -- Microsoft edge shortcut. - Email client and webmail -- manage all components of email. - Integrations that better time management. - Calendar.

Cons:

- Slow synchronization and delivery. - Not practical compared to other email clients and webmail. - Poor inbox management and filter.

Claude Real
Graphic Designer in Canada
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Best email management tool even if not perfect!

Comments: Even if there are things that irritates me on my day to day work, Outlook remains the best cross platforms email and calendar management tool. That being said, if I had to work only on Mac I would probably switch to the apple softwares since they're easier and more quick to sync than Outlook. If you're using Microsoft Teams on a regular basis like me, Outlook is definitely a required to have because the two softwares works well together.

Pros:

For email management, Outlook remains the best tool. It easy to order the emails in subfolders, to create archiving rules, to create auto-reply rules and to manage rendezvous using the calendar (however mainly on Windows). I also greatly appreciate the direct relation with OneNote and Microsoft ToDo.

Cons:

As a graphic designer and a business analyst, I often have to work on both Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. Outlook on Windows is perfect and works great, but the Mac version is limited and buggy. On the Android and iOS version, Outlook takes up so much resources that in the end I often use the default mail apps of the platform instead of the Outlook apps. The calendar of Outlook works great on Windows and Mac, but it's a pain to use in iOS and Android.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Review for outlook

Comments: It is not a program that I can use for my personal e-mails. It can be used in more workplaces.

Pros:

I'm using this through the company. It works for large-scale companies for users to interact with each other. It is an ideal program with its ability to access information quickly in parts such as the address book, signature operations and many features. It allows to categorize mails by giving colors.

Cons:

It needs to be updated and developed for macos software. Also, mails are sent later to the desktop application. This pushes people to use online. It can be made faster. I am not looking for the efficiency I want in the filtering part either. When I type in the search button, it has trouble finding an exact match.

Eslam
Automation Engineer in Egypt
Computer Software, Self Employed

Best email service

Comments: It is the best email service to use. With many options to help with productivity like focused inbox and how easy it is to use, you just have to love it. It is everything you except from Microsoft.

Pros:

Outlook is one of my favourite email services. It is easy to use and the design is really nice and also customisable. It gives more free storage than you would normally need and I haven’t had the need to buy extra storage. Has the option to create custom domains for your company. Focused inbox makes it easy to only see the important emails and not get distracted by unimportant ones. The read my emails helps me stay updated even when driving.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about outlook, I have really enjoyed using it and can see myself using it in the future.

Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great product if you use M365!

Comments: Great email service! love the M365 integrations!

Pros:

Great integration with M365 ecosystem. I can integrate all the emails with my teams apps and provides a seamless transition between apps. Great email archiving features. I love the spam blocker as well.!

Cons:

I don't like the UI/UX. It is too complex and not easy on the eyes. Browser version is fine. but mobile browser is not very user-friendly!

Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

A look at Outlook

Comments: When we're all experience is I would have to say on the positive side I use it daily and I have faith and it has never let me down and I believe in its security

Pros:

The thing I liked most is the security that comes with Microsoft Outlook. They keep your email very secure and help with identity theft and also encrypt your email. Sometimes that can be a hassle but security is better than not having it just so you can get into your email faster.

Cons:

What I like least is using Microsoft on an Android or Chromebook platform. You have to be signed in to your outlook and integrate it through your Chromebook to be in order to be able to send emails.

Jason
US

Probably the best email tool out there, if you are tech savvy enough to use it.

Pros:

Microsoft Outlook is full of far more features than most email clients. I really like being able to set automatic replies when I am away from work. I like the number of plugins compatible with Outlook. If you have a Microsoft Exchange inbox, Outlook makes it very easy to set up your email, without having to deal with POP/IMAP settings. The ability to share contact groups among other employees comes in very handy. Most importantly, at least for our company, it can store an extremely large amount of emails before causing the software to become unstable.

Cons:

Outlook is not without its problems. It tends to be filled with randomly occurring bugs. I often have to use the inbox repair tool provided by Outlook for our employees. Some are caused by overwhelming amounts of emails being stored offline, which is understandable. Often, however, other bugs appear randomly. Sometimes Outlook is just suddenly unable to start, despite not having to load a large amount of data and requires the use of the inbox repair tool. Most recently I was unable to make an employee's laptop able to send emails until I downgraded him from Outlook 2016 to 2013. The support for problems such as these is very poor. Asking questions on the Microsoft forum often results in a generic list of things to try that any IT Manager would have already thought to try. One last point of criticism is Outlook's handling of POP3 protocol. Many users who were originally connected to Outlook via POP3 noticed their emails would come in bunches, rather than right after they were sent. It's hard to say how much of that is Outlook's fault, but certainly if you are choosing to use Outlook, I would recommend IMAP and Exchange over POP3. Overall, Outlook is a terrific tool, but it would be greatly improved if Microsoft took more time to address its bugs as well as provide better support to their customers.

Caroline
SAP B1 Consultant in Canada
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

One of the best email client software solutions ever made

Comments: Overall, there is no denying that Microsoft Outlook is a great and stable product that has been there for quite a while and has a quite large user base.

Pros:

One of the best things about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that it is available in all platforms: MacOS, windows, Android etc. The most powerful thing about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that is able to consolidate different emails from different providers, giving you one interface to manage multiple emails. This is a very good feature as far as efficiency and organization is concerned.Microsoft outlook also has a very powerful calendar and alert system that is very reliable as far as reminders are concerned, making it very unlikely to miss important meetings and events.Microsoft outlook also offers a very organized contacts management feature that helps you organize your contacts into groups and distribution lists for ease of use. Additionally, the auto-complete feature in the application makes it easy to find contacts that you have already used before making the process faster and more enjoyable.As expected, Microsoft outlook works very seamlessly with the other Microsoft products like Excel and Word.

Cons:

It might need some bit of time to be comfortable with Microsoft Outlook. Some of its features might be intimidating for new users.

Binny
Binny
Assistant Professor & Researcher in India
Civil Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Best tool for email available in market!

Comments: My company has switched to AD and now we are using Outlook (admin and user) with MS Teams. They work amazingly good when coupled together. The are built to scale in enterprise networks. For small startup setup, this is not a good idea, but to scale to enterprise level, they provide you multiple secure ways to access and assess.

Pros:

I have been using Outlook over 1 year or more now. I love the way teams can collaborate over Active Directory. Microsoft provides ease of use applications with their AD, outlook and teams are one of such. The way we can use the keyboard shortcuts in desktop app, feels like using native windows. I love their outbox thread, suppose the email is delayed for some reason, it will be there in outbox before reflecting it in sent items, this removes any discrepancy that could take place. But I love the encrypted emails feature, which I have never noticed in rivals yet.

Cons:

Well apart from just good talk, I have few things to highlight too. OOF message (Automatic replies) are to be set manually each day, why cannot we automate it for each day in upcoming week? Also, there should be a feature of email templates, which I did not find. When we have multiple email formats we have to store it in notepad and later copy paste, this things are something which needs to be considered while purchasing this product.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery
Real Estate Seller in Côte d’Ivoire
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

To manage my emails

Comments: I use Outlook very regularly. It has a lot of features and functions that are very useful for my daily e-mail management and organization. It's one of the best productivity tools you can have

Pros:

Outlook is excellent for e-mail management. For me, who receives a lot of e-mail, it makes sorting and tidying easier. Sorting by color, sorting by folder according to contacts or certain criteria, sorting by contact group, chat conversation to follow up on the conversation according to the contact, and so on. It's packed with options and functionality. I like its calendar, which allows me to have an agenda directly in my mailbox. I also like the fact that I can schedule meetings directly from there, and send reminders directly to my contacts. Outlook is really great

Cons:

PC software is difficult to configure. You need a professional to do it

Konstantinos
Konstantinos
CEO in Greece
Translation & Localization, 2–10 Employees

A staple for businesses who need professional email management

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook to anyone looking for a comprehensive and efficient email client. Whether you are a business professional, student, or just need to manage your personal emails, Outlook has everything you need to be productive and organized

Pros:

What I like best about Outlook is how it seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Word and Excel. This allows me to easily switch between applications and access the information I need in one place. The calendar and task management features are also top-notch, allowing me to keep track of appointments and deadlines with ease.

Cons:

What I dislike about Outlook is that it can be slow and laggy at times, especially when dealing with a large amount of emails. However, this is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the many benefits that Outlook provides.

Waleed
Senior Procurement Engineer - Facilities Management in Jordan
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best suitable method for all needs to manage and organize e-mail

Comments: Microsoft Outlook enables us to manage e-mail and organize meetings with high efficiency. The team keeps in touch and enables them to exchange messages quickly and get a complete picture of all updates.

Pros:

Microsoft Outlook is easy to use and contains calendar, contacts and all the tools you need to manage everything related to your email in one place. Microsoft Outlook increases interaction with email, and you will be able to send messages in distinctive formats due to the strong integration with the rest of the Office applications, which makes it easy for you to insert texts and tables Format it as you wish. I love how email addresses are logged, adding notes, and scheduling meetings in simple steps. One of my favorite features of Microsoft Outlook is the ability to plan to send emails at specific times, it can also have meetings, tasks and contacts on many windows, which can be an excellent system for managing tasks between different employees who can delegate productivity throughout our company . I trust their security and the layers of protection they provide for data.

Cons:

I don't think there's anything I dislike about Microsoft Outlook, it's easy to use and all the tools are crystal clear and designed to suit all needs.

Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

MS Outlook vs the rest

Comments: I really hate GMail, I think the UX is horrible, and Thunderbird is okay but a bit confusing and not so good with text formatting. I think Outlook has all the features I need and the UX that I feel more adequate, although of course this is a very personal issue.

Pros:

I use Outlook, a lot. It's always open, I'm always emailing and receiving emails. I have tried Mail from MacOs, Thunderbird and a bunch others, and I have to say Outlook is the one I feel most comfortable with. It's easy to use, has all the features that I need and it can be personalised a little bit to accommodate for almost anybody.

Cons:

The only con is that you have to pay for it, as opposed to GMail, Thunderbird, etc. But this is probably the piece of software I use the most and I spent most time with, so to me it's okay to pay for it.

Jon
Dean of Students in US
Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Microsoft Outlook

Comments: Overall I am happy with the product and find it very helpful in my day to day work.

Pros:

I have been using Outlook for Mac for over 10 years. The most recent updates to the product brought some nice features that I use regularly. One of my favorite is the snooze feature that allows me to move a message to the top of my inbox so I can take care of it the next day. I also like the ability to schedule my emails to send at a later time or date. The search feature in the Outlook desktop version has greatly improved from past versions and allows me to quickly locate old emails. I also use the calendar and scheduling features quite a bit. The ability to check other people's schedules when setting a meeting is very helpful. The focused inbox feature has also been a nice addition. This feature makes it easy to concentrate on business related emails and sends advertisements from companies to another inbox.

Cons:

I really don't have any complaints about the Outlook Desktop version. On the mobile version, I have found that the search function does not always pull up all the information that I am looking for.